World of Warcraft fans create 8-bit Molten Core game Playable in glorious 192i resolution and with a “revolutionary" AI that reacts to your every 8-directional move.
Once not too long ago, Blizzard joked about World of Warcraft coming to consoles in the form of a game called World of Warcraft: The Molten Core…for the Atari 2600.
Now some folks at Gamer’s University have been crazy enough to take that joke and roll with it so far as to create a playable game out of it, with “glorious” 192i resolution, 8-way directional control (!) and “revolutionary AI that reacts to your every move (which can be in any of 8 directions, remember?)”. I’m not sure how close it is to the real Molten Core having never done that raid, but it’s still pretty hilarious.
You get two characters (and of course Alliance and Horde), represented by two lines on the screen – they’re supposedly a Priest and a Warrior, and you go about exploring the dungeon, running into tough pulls and big bosses. Features include:
– 10 Bosses with 6 Unique Models
– Move in any of 8 unique directions
– Lush 2d environments
– Glorious 192i resolution
– Has Sound
– Revolutionary AI that reacts to your every move (which can be in any of 8 directions, remember?)
– Skinning a Bear should aggro every Bears in a 40 yard radius
I couldn’t really figure it out. The manual says “press your button” to attack and while I was trying to press my button I ended up dying. Oh well. Download it here.
- 5 reasons to believe alien life really exists
- For many men in China, sex dolls are family companions more than toys
- 4 reasons to stop being poor and get a downtown apartment
- 8 signs you’re dating the perfect girl
- WATCH: Chinese police cage, interrogate man for criticizing traffic cops online
- 5 ways an online degree can get you back on track
- Here are the most interesting finds from the FBI GamerGate files
From the archive
- Someone paid a bum $20 to read the most offensive poem ever written
- WATCH: Top 10 dead gamer moments
- “You will suffer beyond imagination!” WoW Classic player fights girlfriend while streaming
- Car dealership commercial done right threatens to kill you, you asshole
- Unraveling YouTube’s monkey torture network
- WATCH: Twitch streamer accidentally burns down apartment while reviewing lighter
- 5 ways to get a gamer girlfriend
- Landlord exposes glamour influencer — lives in piles of trash and shit