TrainwrecksTV: Twitch forced me to turn down $1.2 million streaming deal "I was thinking of doing no camera streams and not telling Twitch."
Everyone is leaving Twitch and pretty soon it’ll just be Dr Disrespect and a bunch of titty streamers left. Maybe that’s his violent, speedy, momentously horny grand plan.
Of course the reason for the desertion is a combination of Twitch sucking ass — speech codes, banning people for doing yoga in GTA, and other weirdo shit that happens when nasty old harpies run the show — and competitor streaming platforms outright paying popular streamers to move over.
Now TrainwrecksTV, who is very handsome and cool, has revealed in an IRL stream with Esfand and that grandmother character from MTV that Twitch forced him to turn down a $1.2 million streaming deal.
The proposed deal, TrainwrecksTV says, was for him to stream twice a week at an unnamed Chinese streaming platform — for a period of one year. He would be allowed to continue his Twitch streaming as normal.
But Twitch wouldn’t have it, and enforce exclusivity clauses even for regions where they don’t operate.
“I was thinking of doing no camera streams and not telling Twitch,” TrainwrecksTV revealed to his cohosts, fellow streamers who were shocked he didn’t go for the huge deal.
What really irks TrainwrecksTV about the situation is that Twitch, while forcing this exclusivity, refuses to do any sponsorships or deals for him. “If they think I’m too toxic or brand unfriendly for them, then take my exclusivity out. If you don’t wanna back me, if you wanna ignore me as the fucking middle child that you don’t fucking like, then fucking let me go. Let me out of the exclusive.”
- 5 reasons to believe alien life really exists
- For many men in China, sex dolls are family companions more than toys
- 4 reasons to stop being poor and get a downtown apartment
- 8 signs you’re dating the perfect girl
- WATCH: Chinese police cage, interrogate man for criticizing traffic cops online
- 5 ways an online degree can get you back on track
- Here are the most interesting finds from the FBI GamerGate files
From the archive
- The future of humanity depends on this secret society and their 200 million samurai
- Holy shit! These guys recreated Louis Theroux’ autism scene perfectly
- Top ten most messed up Mass Effect 2 mods
- Someone paid a bum $20 to read the most offensive poem ever written
- The joker brokers: a tale so stupid it can’t be a lie
- Silicon Valley douches now drinking untreated pond water for “health benefits”
- 69 things you need to do in GTA before you die
- Prank caller hooks 7-11 up to another 7-11 and engrish hilarity ensues