I'm honestly not sure why no one is talking about this other than the fact it's exactly what houses want you to think. Houses are 100% alive. Before you get all materialistic seriously think about this before you dismiss it. Humans and houses have been together for thousands of years.
There are a few possible explanations:
1) People may not be aware that houses are alive.
2) People may be aware but don't think it's a big deal.
3) People may be aware and think it's a good thing (houses are alive and can take care of themselves).
4) People may be aware and think it's a bad thing (houses are alive and may try to harm people).
5) People may think it's a joke.
At this point I'm tired of everyone trying to say I'm wrong and not providing any proof against this.