#MyWhitePrivilege is trending on Twitter and of course it’s coming from Portland, OR "it's important we then do what we can to boost the voices of POC, pay them for their [Twitter] labor on here"
#MyWhitePrivilege is lighting up Twitter and boy, do pronoun laden twitterers have some unsubstantiated anecdotes for you today.
The top related mentions lead to @Freeyourmindkid — a black nationalist writer for Jewish magazine Forward.com (what?) and creator of an anti-Trump site — as the main busy bee, spreading the pollen of cringe and division across the platform:
As TwitterMoments describes it:
— Twitter Moments (@TwitterMoments) March 30, 2019
The tag has spawned a frenzy of stories on personal experiences of purported privilege, many of them well into Poe territory:
I went to pay for a Gatorade and it was 2.06 and I didn’t have the 6 cents and the cashier said “it’s fine.” Then he went and shot an unarmed black man behind me #MyWhitePrivilege https://t.co/ByZQVGhqDe
— Mason (@TheMasetrain95) March 30, 2019
A user who describes herself as a “gamer, nerd, spoonie, feminist, ugly, tired” even admits to shoplifting and then laments that her crime led to racial profiling:
A few more typical examples:
I’ve worked in my yard a thousand times without anyone assuming I wasn’t the homeowner or asking me to prove I lived there. #MyWhitePrivilege
— Wize Old Owl (@wzowl) March 31, 2019
My life expectancy as a white nonbinary trans person is about 72 years my trans sisters of color who share identities with the mothers of the modern queer movement are expected to live to 31 years. #MyWhitePrivilege #TransDayOfVisibility #transwomen https://t.co/tY94H4rrLc
— Tawn Christians (@tawn_christians) March 30, 2019
I gave birth in a hospital twice and everyone believed my pain and offered relief.
— I'm Suzi Poppins, y'all! (@SoozleMcDoozle) March 30, 2019
Other users are surprised this is trending and have a more realistic take on what they expect from this latest Twitter shitstorm:
LMAO!#MyWhitePrivilege is trending!
I'm expecting extreme levels of virtue-signalling and self-flagellation.
Don't disappoint me… pic.twitter.com/tJcqrO8953
— ZUBY: (@ZubyMusic) March 30, 2019
If we check the latest top related hashtags by tweets, we notice that #JussieSmollett is the main related tag:
Which really makes one wonder if the #MyWhitePrivilege tag wasn’t created and hyped right when the story of Jussie Smollett getting away with a hate crime hoax was starting to take over the internets and threatening to undermine the progressives’ typical claim to a moral higher ground when it comes to setting the public’s agenda.
That’s just conjecture, but let me leave you with something that’s not.
The top tweeting city (at time of writing and according to Tweeplers) for the pathetic hashtag is Portland.
And why wouldn’t it be?
- 5 reasons to believe alien life really exists
- For many men in China, sex dolls are family companions more than toys
- 4 reasons to stop being poor and get a downtown apartment
- 8 signs you’re dating the perfect girl
- WATCH: Chinese police cage, interrogate man for criticizing traffic cops online
- 5 ways an online degree can get you back on track
- Here are the most interesting finds from the FBI GamerGate files
From the archive
- Top ten most messed up Mass Effect 2 mods
- Unraveling YouTube’s monkey torture network
- 69 things you need to do in GTA before you die
- WATCH: Twitch streamer accidentally burns down apartment while reviewing lighter
- A Call of Duty youtuber is livestreaming his legs literally rotting away
- Prank caller hooks 7-11 up to another 7-11 and engrish hilarity ensues
- Landlord exposes glamour influencer — lives in piles of trash and shit
- “You will suffer beyond imagination!” WoW Classic player fights girlfriend while streaming