Have a story that would be a good fit for our blog? Submit or pitch to [email protected].
We allow anonymity on request, and you can get a blurb promoting you or something you’re about in your author bio.
Guest post guidelines — basic rules
- The guest article must be unique and not previously published.
- Obviously: in English, and of a high enough standard that we don’t have to spend half a day editing and rewriting your work.
- Feel free to link external sites (appropriately (source your claims)), but submit with the understanding that we reserve the right to remove dodgy links and make any other kind of quality related edit.
Various things we like
If you nail this every time, we’ll pay you!
- 800+ words with no sign of useless filler language.
- Top 10s of things that we love individually but now it’s all in one story (Top 10s can be 7, or 10, or 12 — or any number. Confusing, I know!) (example: 15 most legendary Reddit threads of all time).
- Interesting history and legends.
- Mysteries… (examples: 52 Hertz: the mystery of the loneliest whale in the world, 10 mysterious caves and tunnels nobody can explain)
- Cool but slightly offbeat science (example: This is why some people have that disgusting cheesy feet smell).
- The paranormal / debunking the paranormal (both sides can be interesting) (example: 6 baffling phenomena that have surprisingly simple medical explanations).
- Weird and offbeat topics, subcultures, and ideas. (The half goat people of Cuba that worships IKEA catalogs)
- Surprising twists on something mundane (Top 10 CEOs that turned out to be schizophrenic).
- The mind-boggling (example: in this article we relay the tale of a man so willfully stupid that it starts to get scientifically curious).
- The bone chilling (example: Haunting last words of doomed airplane pilots)
- The macabre, spooky, haunting, freaky, bizarre, and absurd.
- Anything related to things, people, cultures that are totally bad-ass (example: 20 things you need to know about pirates).
- It’s just cool (example: Five true tales of beer saving the day).
- Guides that are either supremely useful or unusual (example: Are you being followed?).
- Opinion and thought pieces if you have something very interesting or novel to say. This one is only for smarties.
- Personal experiences if interesting/novel and it provides an insight into something people are curious about (example: This is what it’s like selling drugs on the deepweb).
Ready? Write us at: