You are smart enough to solve this, right?

Home Forums Science & tech You are smart enough to solve this, right?

Viewing 47 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

You are smart enough to solve this, right?

Anonymous

In the box, because that’s where the ball is.

Anonymous

She’ll look in the basket and the box.

Anonymous

Why would she look in the basket, scrotebrain? The ball obviously isn’t there.

Anonymous

this is the answer.
        the trick is that the puzzle doesn’t impose a constraint on looking in one place, but most people will probably assume that constraint.
        I think OP is just salty that someone got it so soon.

Anonymous

Nah it’s an autism/theory of mind test. Before children develop TOM they say box, after TOM they understand Sally can’t know the ball is in the box because she was not there when it was displaced. Unless you are autistic, then you’ll think box.ä regardless of the age.

Anonymous

I think looking in both places is a good ToM answer. I see a kid looking in the basket because that’s where she left it… and then checking the box. Of course, it’s possible to change the story: maybe she’s perceptive enough to notice the missing bulge, maybe she’s used to Ann changing the locations, maybe she looked back and saw Ann change locations, maybe she called out to Ann to ask where it is, etc., etc.

Anonymous

>before developing TOM
            Box.
            >after developing TOM
            Basket.
            >after developing a distrust for other people
            Box.

As usual, autists are ahead of the curve and assume that Sally’s familiarity with Anne’s proto-sociopathic behaviour will lead to her correctly predicting that the scrote attempted to play an ebin prank.

Anonymous

Autist here. Normies are scrotebrained.

If sally wants to play with the ball, she will look in the box. She’s either going to look in basket and then the box, or she will look in the box. Normies are being distracted by the irrelevant context at the beginning of the test. Autists are correctly focusing on the critical point that Sally is going to look for the ball where the ball is because she will keep looking until she finds it. Had the question been "where will Sally look for the ball FIRST" then the normies answer may have been correct.

This is a scrotebrained test of theory of mind because it conflates communication problems (communicating the answer to the examiner) which autists have enormous amounts of at the usual time this test is administered, at 3-5, and it’s really a test that you’re making the same wrong assumptions as the examiner and will come up with the wrong answer instead of the one that is literally correct. Normies consider the correct answer the incorrect one that the authority figure wanted, so they consider autists scrotebrained.

Anonymous

OH GOD PLEASE YOU CANT DO THIS TO ME

Anonymous

[…]

Read Dennett, scrotebrain.

Anonymous

The box.

Anonymous

She’d look for that bitch Ann.
      People saying she’d look in the box why the fuck would she? If you left something somewhere left the room and came back and someone is gone and so is your item is your first thought to start looking through all the containers in the room or to find that fucker who stole it?

Anonymous

>People saying she’d look in the box why the fuck would she?
        Because that’s where the ball is. It’s shown in the picture. Are you stupid?

Anonymous

C’mon, man, it’s getting to the point where it’s not even clear that you’re trolling. I’m becoming genuinely concerned.

Anonymous

Nice bait, but your kindergarten reverse psychology doesn’t work on me.

Anonymous

🙂

Anonymous

…and how does that make you feel?…

Anonymous

Thanks for this thread OP, this is hillarious. That picture truly is an autism test.

Anonymous

the question should be rephrased to "where will sally first look for the ball?" and the answer is the box obviously, since that’s where the ball is. ;^)

Anonymous

REEE AUTIST

Anonymous

why yes, i am autistic, how could you tell?

Anonymous

By your superior intellect anon

Anonymous

The hat

Anonymous

ITT: samefautism

Anonymous

There’s ambiguity here for children. Some might interpret "where will she look for the ball" as "where should she look for the ball".

Anonymous

Why did Ann do it? What does she gain from freaking with Sally’s property?

Anonymous

She was trying to gauge Sally’s autism level.

Anonymous

What is the evolutionary advantage for Ann moving the ball? Scientifically speaking, of course.

Anonymous

It’s an elaborate IQ test.

Anonymous

Ann is a piece of shit… Baskets like that are things you carry somewhere, Sally was probably planning to carry it off with the ball somewhere, maybe she had a picnic planned… Now she’ll get to the picnic and it won’t be there and her luncheon will be RUINED.

Fuck you Ann.

Anonymous

Ann is autistic and doesn’t know better

Anonymous

Because private property is theft you consoomer dumbass

Anonymous

Perhaps the answer is in her genetics.

Anonymous

Is this somekind of sociology political test? Like libertarians will look in the other box because they disagree with the role of government at redistributing taxes?

Anonymous

Libertarians can’t process this image because it depicts a violation of the NAP.

Anonymous

She would look in the box, because the basket lacks the bulge in the shape of the concealed ball.

When the ball is inside the basket, there is a visible bulge on the drawing. When the ball is not in the basket, then there is no bulge on the basket. They wouldn’t have intentionally drawn the quiz images this way if this wasn’t the correct answer.

If you said any other answer, congratulations, you failed an intelligence test meant for ~4 yo children

Anonymous

>it’s not where it was before, therefore it’s in the box
        >i am very smart. see how easily i can pass an intelligence test meant for 4 years olds?
        Decent bait.

Anonymous

>n-n-no I’m not more stupid than a child, she would look for the ball in all that empty white space instead of the box, she would go out of frame beyond the scope of the quiz!!!
          lol cope harder dumbshit.

Anonymous

>They wouldn’t have intentionally drawn the quiz images this way if this wasn’t the correct answer.
        Looking at the size of both the ball and the basket, it is very clearly able to fit inside the basket without causing a bulge on the basket cover. Since the basket did, in fact, show a bulge after the ball was placed inside, then there MUST be other things in that basket that cause it to protrude in such a way.

When Sally returns with the express purpose of retrieving the ball and sees a lack of a bulge, she knows that there were other things in the basket and that is wholly possible that something other than the ball may have been taken away from that basket for that bulge to disappear, so there is still plenty of sufficient reason for Sally to check the basket first.

They wouldn’t have intentionally drawn the quiz images this way if this wasn’t the correct answer.

Anonymous

>so there is still plenty of sufficient reason for Sally to check the basket first.
          You can’t know people’s motives. If Sally is concerned about cleanliness, she might not touch anything because she sees that Ann was at the basket.

Anonymous

Does Ann have anthrax or something? How freaking filthy is she exactly?

Anonymous

Bullshit, people don’t think that way. She wouldn’t take such careful notice of bulges. She left it in the basket, and that’s where she’ll expect it to be. That’s what would happen irl 100%.

Anonymous

A lot of cope for the fact that you failed a test about object permanence meant for toddlers.

You are legitimately scrotebrained.

Anonymous

Women might pay closer attention to bulges then men do. Regardless anon is still wrong, if she notices the absence of bulge it is because she first looked at the basket for the ball.

Anonymous

Even if she notices a missing bulge, no ordinary person would not lift the blanket and be like "where da fuck is my ball?" That is just normal human behavior… Then she’d ask Ann if she knows where it is and/or doubt herself that she ever put it in the basket and just start looking around other places where it usually is.

That’s how humans behave and that’s exactly what would happen.

Anonymous

She will look in the box, maybe not first but it’s the only place she is guaranteed to look.

Anonymous

>You are smart enough to solve this, right?
      No, but from a scientific point of view, the experiment is not repeatable since Ann is gone.

Anonymous

She’d look at the basket first, notice the ball is obviously not under the blanket, then check the box, like a normal freaking human being instead of some stupid unrealistic math problem.

Anonymous

>then check the box, like a normal freaking human being
        A normal freaking human being probably wouldn’t check the box. You all suffer from some legit mental deficiency…

Anonymous

Why would she not check the literal only other thing in the room you halfwit

Anonymous

>Why would she not check the literal only other thing in the room
            Because there’s no reason to. If you leave something in a room with only one other person in it, and then you come back and see that it’s gone, you don’t start checking random boxes; you go ask that person if they took it. This is some disturbing stuff… the vast majority of "people" aren’t human, and don’t have a basic theory of mind…

Anonymous

Is this the same Anne Frank that went to the camp?

Anonymous

/SCI/, FUCK MARRY KILL.
      SALLY
      ANN
      BALL

GO

Anonymous

Marry Sally because she knows where to store balls, hate fuck Ann for freaking with other peoples shit, kill the ball because it became my property the same time Sally did.

Anonymous

Marry Sally because best girl
        Fuck the ball because its a one time thing and I’ve had worse.
        Kill Anne for being a gas lighting cunt

Anonymous

Kek

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Interesting but I stick with my original answer

She will look in the box, maybe not first but it’s the only place she is guaranteed to look.

For all I know Sally left for a walk because she just had an argument with Ann about the best place to keep the ball.

Anonymous

In the Baron-Cohen et al. (1985) study, 23 of the 27 clinically unimpaired children (85%) and 12 of the 14 children with Down Syndrome (86%) answered the Belief Question correctly.
        15% of non-scrotebrained children are freaking scrotebrained.

Anonymous

The box, because she knows Ann is a freaking bitch that hides her toys when she isn’t looking

Anonymous

>are you less than six months old
      Wtf are you even asking, OP?

Anonymous

She will look inside ann

Anonymous

She’ll look around Ann’s head for the box.

Anonymous

WOW I literally cannot believe this is some autism thing. It’s insane that people genuinely believe that when humans put an object somewhere and don’t know it’s been moved, they will NOT look where they left it.

Even with or without bulges. She would lift the cloth. I guarantee it. Unless the cloth was like, literally completely draped down into the basket to where you could easily tell there’s nothing in it. And still it seems instinctual to move it just so you can be like "wtf".

Anonymous

Seeing the lump missing, She will look for Ann out of frame

Anonymous

Ann will betray herself through body language or otherwise. Sally will then question her directly, using violence if necessary. The rest is trivial.

Anonymous

I unironically failed this test first time without knowing the context. If I hadve known it was a test to evaluate whether you take other people’s perspective into consideration I would’ve easily passed. Does this mean I’m autistic or not?

Anonymous

A small portion of neurotypical people "fail" the test. It’s an indicator of autism but would needfurther diagnostics.

Anonymous

I literally can’t imagine other people without taking their perspective into consideration, like i’m hyper empathetic, it’s like border line mind reading

Anonymous

Scientifically speaking you likely are a scrote

Anonymous

Ann is a freaking poopyhole.

Anonymous

shell look into the basket first, being perplexed by the fact that the round form of the ball in the 2nd pic is gone and will proceed to look into the freaking box

LULZ is full of shizo pseud scrote too freaking dumb to actually take a freaking look at the pic, instantly trying to deduct the nature of a drawed whore

Anonymous

>shell look into the basket first, being perplexed by the fact that the round form of the ball in the 2nd pic is gone and will proceed to look into the freaking box
        Unlikely, she will probably look in the basket, unless she has perfect visual recall, then go look for Ann and beat the truth out of the disgusting little thieving cunt.

Anonymous

In the basket, and then in the box.

Anonymous

>All these pseuds pulling answers out of their ass
      I thought this was LULZ. This is a falsifiable hypothesis, so where’s the empirical research done to falsify the hypothesis that Sally searches the basket OR the box? Unbelievable pseuds. The answer is WE DON’T KNOW. We need to conduct a research study with tens of thousands of participants and strict rigorous controls to tease out confounding variables. Very complicated question. Nice find anon.

Anonymous

The cloth that was on the ball in the basket had a bump because of the ball. Because the ball was moved from the basket, the cloth covering the basket doesn’t have a bump in it anymore. If Sally is particularly observant, then she would check the box first.

Anonymous

This is an autism test btw

Anonymous

>ITT anons desperately trying to out-TOM each other to hide their autism

Anonymous

Everybody knows that Ann is always pulling this freaking bullshit. She’ll look right in that box.

Anonymous

Check if it deflated in the basket, then ask if the other girl knows where ball is. I’m assuming they’re friends and are just playing with each others stuff.

Anonymous

The ball is in the box, too easy.

Anonymous

Would she even look in the box? Surely she’d go find Anne and see if that bitch took her ball and was playing with it after seeing it was gone from the basket

Anonymous

>Surely she’d go find Anne and see if that bitch took her ball and was playing with it after seeing it was gone from the basket
        Shhhh. Don’t tell these mouth breathers.

Anonymous

Sally-anne doesn’t measure theory of mind, it measures if you notice that question didn’t say "Where will sally look for the ball FIRST". The test completely and utterly lacks validity.

The sally-anne study was propagated by Borat’s sis who is currently heading a genetics project with the long term goal of wiping out the autists through eugenics. He has also been wrong about literally everything he has ever said about autism, all he is sure of is that they must be destroyed.

https://spectrum10k.org/

He loves to project heavily with his writing, pic related.

Anonymous

>The sally-anne study was propagated by Borat’s sis who is currently heading a genetics project with the long term goal of wiping out the autists through eugenics
        Woke af

Anonymous

Sally will look for the ball in panel 2.

Anonymous

>she wants to play
      >Where will Sally look for the ball?
      Here, with 2nd one and the pole for more fun fun fun fun!

Anonymous

Great one of these stupid questions where you have to look at the picture and read it
      >sally puts ballsack in basket
      >basket has noticeable bump so basket is shallow
      >she comes back and noticeable bump no longer there
      >she pauses for a second

Anonymous

/SCI/, SIMILAR QUESTION
      An old lady has a box of kittens. She wants to gift one kitten to a little girl. But the girl says no.
      "Well then", says the old lady to the girl, "I guess then I will have to drown the kittens."

QUESTION: WHY DOES THE OLD LADY SAY THAT?

Anonymous

She’s going to check the box first because Sally knows that Ann is a thieving whore who takes her toys all the time. Sally will then find the ball in the box, and bounce it off Anne’s stupid face until the daycare lady makes her stop. Then Sally will be kicked out of daycare and sent to therapy for anger issues and her parents will get divorced from the strain of not having a kid in daycare, reducing work ours, and causing financial stress. The dad starts cheating and the mom looks at BBC porn all day. Sally becomes a prostitute as a result of all of that plus the trauma that the therapist got a little too touchy with her for years.

We should really cut off the hands of thieves and avoid all this nonsense.

Anonymous

>Op posts autism thread
      >130+ reply thread filled with autists getting trolled

Pottery

Anonymous

I guess it depends on how perceptive Sally is

Anonymous

500 iq here. there is no reason for Sally to check either because the bump in the basket is no longer there and there is no reason for Ann to put it in the box. Most likely situation is Ann took the ball as there is a reason for doing so. Sally should look for Ann and try to get the ball from her. By doing so she would also find out the location if Ann did put it somewhere else.

Anonymous

An old lady has a box of kittens. She wants to gift one kitten to a little girl. But the girl says no.
      "Well then", says the old lady to the girl, "I guess then I will have to drown the kittens."

Why does the old lady ask this question?

Viewing 47 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.