Windows 11 looks beautiful. Might switch back from GNOME

Home Forums Science & tech Windows 11 looks beautiful. Might switch back from GNOME

• This topic has 130 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 42 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Windows 11 looks beautiful. Might switch back from GNOME
      WSL will run gtk and other Linux stuff anyway

Anonymous

If wanted to be spammed with ads like this I would install Win11 too.

Anonymous

hopefully you can disable the ads in w11 but this design is too on point for me not to shill

Anonymous

It’s like an uglier KDE Plasma.

Anonymous

>hopefully you can disable the ads
          the absolute state
          how can you type this out not realize that you should be using a FOSS operating system

Anonymous

>how can you type this out not realize that you should be using a FOSS operating system
            because I’m too in love with this design and sanity and power of features like the new snapping. It was easy to choose freedom when w10 is a piece of crap

Anonymous

>because I’m too in love with this design and sanity and power of features like the new snapping. It was easy to choose freedom when w10 is a piece of crap
              so basically you’re scrotecattle, got it

Anonymous

You do know you can get practically the same feature if you download PowerToys, right?
              https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/powertoys/

Also
              >taskbar and maximize/minimize/close program buttons are a bit thicker, means you have a bit less workspace
              >right click menu appears with a short delay after clicking (intenional, not a bug)
              >typical actions like copy/paste/rename are on the top of the right click menu in a form of pictograms
              >rounded edges to make it have more of a "modern design" (read – simplify it so much that more scrotebrains can use it)
              >mobile app integration, because what you need is a slew of phone apps on your pc
              >start menu at the freaking middle on default, probably so that mouth breathers dont have to look away from the center of the screen
              literally windows for toddlers

Anonymous

I would but none of my software works on a FOSS operating system, there are no viable alternatives to that software, and most of it won’t run through wine either.
            So I can choose WIndows or Mac OS. That’s it.

Anonymous

WinApps > Wine

Anonymous

I’ll check it out, but I’m not going to get my hopes up.

Anonymous

>I would but none of my software works on a FOSS operating system
              You think this is a good thing?
              >I would but my entire life is consumed by botnet
              Absolute scrotecattle

Anonymous

Are you actually blaming him for the fact that FOSS operating systems don’t run the software he needs?

Anonymous

>software he needs
                  He chose to cuck himself

Anonymous

>software he needs
                He chose to cuck himself

Yeah, excuse me for being a musician and audio engineer. I’m such a cuck huh.

Anonymous

"musician" and "audio" """engineer"""
                  >I’m such a cuck huh.
                  Yup, thanks for confirming.

Anonymous

People like you are part of the reason FOSS will never take off in the real world or for people with real professions.
                    This scrote attitude of yours will only continue to hold it back.

Anonymous

>FOSS will never take off in the real world or for people with real professions
                      Good. No scrotes allowed.
                      Oh and
                      >real professions
                      You produce literally nothing of value.
                      Real professions are doctors, (real) engineers, farmers, etc. The world cannot function without those people.
                      You’re nothing. Disposable.

Anonymous

None of the real professions you listed would ever use loonix. You really think freaking Autodesk would release Linux-compatible software or something?

Anonymous

Not to mention legacy software. Doctors use old ass legacy software running off Windows. OP is a dumbass, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Anonymous

Am doctor and I use Manjaro GNU/Linux. I do use a lot of legacy software that I packed into wine bottles and am trying to turn into appimages.

Anonymous

>You think this is a good thing?
                And I never said this was a good thing. Where the hell did you get that from?

Anonymous

>using a FOSS operating system
            yeah that’s not gunna happen there chief until desktop linux can figure out how to stay up to date, keep all foss apps in their repos, and organize. Desktop Linux is a freaking mess.

Anonymous

how the fuck do people use windows without openshell/classic shell
      id kill myself without it

Anonymous

>oh no my start menu is slightly bigger however will I survive
        >id kill myself without it
        do it

Anonymous

how do you even get to control panel without windows + r on your system
          oh you go search for it? boom it takes you into freaking settings. oh you wanna go find it in settings? who the fuck knows where it is or if you even can. oh the old shortcut to open it may work? oh nvm that just opens settings now

Anonymous

How often do you need to open control panel that this is an issue? Just pin it to the start menu if it’s that big of a deal.

Anonymous

every single day 100 times a day

Anonymous

Pin to taskbar. Voila.

Anonymous

i dont want a cluttered taskbar so i havent but you’re probably right i should

Anonymous

You are a monkey.

Open the start menu and type in control panel, and then click on the freaking control panel icon, dumbs. I wish I could shove a beer bottle straight up your bleeding anus.

Anonymous

yeah but windows 10 is trash and at one point they forced it to show settings instead

Anonymous

Windows Key -> type first letters of program I want to run -> enter

Anonymous

mogged

Anonymous

i dont know what this is but it looks really really really bad. is this some awful kde theme? how do you scrotebrained kde scrotes never fail to somehow make kde look worse than it looks by default?

Anonymous

>looks really really really bad
          Don’t talk about your mother like that anon

Anonymous

rekt

Anonymous

This looks like Windows XP with WMP open

It’s like an uglier KDE Plasma.

kek, you actually have a mental disability if you think picrel looks better than Windows 11

Anonymous

It isn’t even the latest version. Yeah let me go grab a copy of Win 8 and and judge 11 woke af on that.

Anonymous

>here’s your desktop sis, hope you like #fcfcfc

Anonymous

At least KDE has folder thumbnails. Win11 could never

Anonymous

God I want to fuck Kiki

Anonymous

this

Anonymous

>mental disability
          speaking of mental disability
          >he shills microsoft products for free on LULZ

Anonymous

>kek, you actually have a mental disability if you think picrel looks better than Windows 11
          t.

Anonymous

You have it backwards. How is using a mainstream solution more pajeet than using cobbled together free software that you find in the back alley of the internet?

Anonymous

Windows 11 and Plasma look the same

Anonymous

>looks better
          aeons better
          its tasteful, professional
          if desktops were meatspace workplaces, it would not be much diffrent from a lawyers office or lounge decked out in mahogany bookcases, leather bound tomes, and felt covered desks.
          while wound 11 ows looks like some scrotebrained gaymer kiddys bedroom.
          it seems they are trying to recreate the tacky, garish, childishness of fisher-price xp…

Anonymous

Microsoft chose to use KDE Plasma 5 for "inspiration" though.

Anonymous

>Microsoft chose to use KDE Plasma 5 for "inspiration" though.
            Where did you got that scrotebrained info from?

Anonymous

Not him, but I believe windows even stole their whole ui from the beginning from KDE

Anonymous

>>Microsoft chose to use KDE Plasma 5 for "inspiration" though.
              >Where did you got that scrotebrained info from?
              KDE Plasma 5 was released a year before Windows 10 scrotebrain. Not sure why we’re insulting each other, but there you go..
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KDE_Plasma_5
              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10

Anonymous

>Windows 11 looks beautiful
      yes she does

Anonymous

Fuck off creep

Anonymous

Uoooohhhhh

Anonymous

You will be violently beheaded one day. Then you will burn in hell for all eternity.

Anonymous

Uohhhhhh

Anonymous

child erotic!

Anonymous

>I am a pleb that believes a cute interface will cure all my disappointment in an operating system

Anonymous

I am a sucker for a good interface

Anonymous

if you like apple so much why dont you use a mac you apple munching horsescrote

Anonymous

OMG OMG. I cant wait to get win11. All my facecuk friends and I can chat and I can add twitter and OMG. DUDE i just LOVE the hustle and bustle of the big city, it’s so DYNAMIC and makes me feel like i’m in one of my favourite TV SHOWS. you should totally come on down to my studio apartment, it’s got EXPOSED RED BRICK walls and everything, we can crack open a nice hoppy ipa or three and get crazy watching some cartoons on adult swim! and dude, dude, DUDE, we have GOTTA go down to the barcade- listen here, right, it’s a BAR where us ADULTS who do ADULTING can go DRINK. BUT!!!! it’s also an ARCADE like when we were kids, so we can play awesome VIDEO GAMES, without dumb kids bothering us. speaking of which megan and i have finally decided to tie the knot- literally -we’re both getting snipped tomorrow at the hospital, that way we can save money to spent more on ourselves and our FURBABIES. i’m fuckin JACKED man, i’m gonna SLAM this craft beer and pop open another one!!!

Anonymous

honestly looks really nice as a loonixscrote for the last twelve years. only thing that triggers my autism is the way the date and time are placed in the box in bottom right. they’re not properly centered in the box. i think it’s partially because it has to leave room for two digit months but it looks bad and they should have rethought the design. the time being right justified and leaving four pounds of blank space to the left of it was a mistake too imho. it’s the kind of yucky design you see in every kde rice ever (gnome doesnt have this problem :^)
      otherwise tho actually looks very good. glad microsoft is starting to figure out how to make ui look nice. this is the first mostly good-looking windows that i can remember.

Anonymous

I, too, choose my OS entirely woke af on looks.

Anonymous

Is this the Windows 11 theme thread??

Anonymous

looks like shit

Anonymous

I like it. I don’t do things for you though.

nice, Windows 11 with folder thumbnails!

I disable that shit.

Anonymous

looks like shit, and i bet you do too, scrote

Anonymous

looks great to me, unlike your lifestyle

Anonymous

nice, Windows 11 with folder thumbnails!

Anonymous

Freetards are going to bash the design, and then have knockoff W11 themes available by the end of October.

Anonymous

There are already a dozen windows 11 style themes, what are you talking about?

Anonymous

Actually excited to use it for work

Anonymous

It looks like shit. A confused, bloated mess that’s half-finished. Go away, Pajeet.

Anonymous

sorry scrote. I’m going penguin this time

Anonymous

woke af

Anonymous

ugh…oh… windows bros

Anonymous

It’s the same hot garbage as 10.

Anonymous

that looks like a kde theme

Anonymous

A shitty one at that kek

Anonymous

[…]

>Age: 38
      shit imagine being that old and still on LULZ. Working for free to make it even worse
      may allah save us from this fate AMEEN

Anonymous

[…]

You first.

Anonymous

GO AWAY, WE DON’T LIKE YOUR KING HERE.

Anonymous

I will unironically never update to windows 11 because they removed all the useful taskbar settings

Anonymous

[…]

Freetard BTFO by windows 11 has to spam thread to feel better about being useless in life.

Anomynous

good
      we don’t want you here

Anonymous

1) who is we? Speak only for yourself scrote.
        2) stop spamming threads that aren’t praising Linux.
        3) op has a point.

Anonymous

I already preordered my copy at best buy. I’m excited.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/pfRKlOX.gif

>Windows 11 looks beautiful.

>forced microsoft accounts

Anonymous

If you are installing home like a scrotebrain, you scan escape it by killing the process in the terminal during install

if you are running pro like you should be, you can just skip it

scrotebrain

Anonymous

I’m giving free ammo to the freetards but I’ve been using it a while now in dev preview/beta and while its fine for the most part and i do like aspects of it. I dont use the centered icons on the task bar, thats stupid, but they’ve lost a bunch of configurability/options to the task bar in their rework that i doubt will come back, the new taskbar/system tray buttons and groupings are stupid, but are nicer looking and work well enough.
      The biggest issue for me is the old context right click menu now has most of the functions behind another menu which defeats the purpose of being able to configure your context menu in the first place and is complete horse shit and whoever the poo was who thought it up needs to be hung up by the balls until he learns his lesson
      The rounded corners on windows look awful esp since tiling is now integrated into the title bars so you have parts of your desktop colour peaking through and it looks yuck, its minor but again, dumb. However, worst and show stoppingly of all the start menu randomly doesn’t accept keyboard input out of the blue so you cant use it to search which is the main way i launch apps or do anything and have to either arse fuck around with the mouse to temporarily get around its fuck up or to reboot when it decides to shit the bed. If it ships like this they are complete poopyholes.
      They have a lot to fix before it goes live to even bring it back to the usefulness of 10, im all for them making it ‘prettier’ but to lose functionality and/or make things harder is unforgivable, and I doubt they will get to it all before it launches.

Anonymous

is everything in windows 11 really just a web page? How much ram does it waste?

Anonymous

No, it looks like shit. That start menu is garbage and somehow a step back from 10’s already bad start menu, the rounded corners are shit, there’s space-wasting padding everywhere, you literally can’t customize the taskbar in anyway other than alining it correctly, and you are freaking gay.
      Fuck you.

Anonymous

Reminder the only way to purge these shit threads off LULZ is to slit the iscrote mod/OP’s throat.

Anonymous

How do you know that will solve the issue?

Anonymous

/thread

Anonymous

>looks beautiful

Anonymous

what happens if you keep start menu centered but fill the bar with apps ? Will he button move to the left but panel still open in center ? kek

Anonymous

Just checked it there.

They all stack up and then they overflow off the bar.

There is no way to bring up applications that are minimized.

That’s a bit concerning :/

Anonymous

that notification tab is useless but it does make the screenshot appear more a e s t h e t i c a l l y p l e a s i n g

Anonymous

Looks like I still can’t put the taskbar on the left.
      So it looks like it’s still dropped.

Anonymous

The centered start menu is just a bait to disorient other projects.

They are going to revert it in final release.

A multi billion software/vaccine multinational just CANNOT be this scrotebrained.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/ukZQxxW.gif

>daily apple niger mod falseflag anti-linux anti-windows flamewar thread
      >apple niger mod: HURRR LOONIX SUX
      >apple niger mod: NUH UH WINDOZ SUX
      >apple niger mod: FREETARDS R DUM
      >apple niger mod: NUH UH WINTARDS R DUM
      >apple niger mod literally has these threads open 24/7 samescroteging, pathetically saving them from page 10, and babysitting them to watch for doxchad posting his dox so he can delete them
      >blatantly violating the first pinned rule of the board
      >will obviously never delete his shit thread
      Still waiting for someone to slit swaglord’s throat.

Anonymous

get some help

Anonymous

Can you install this shit alongside 10 without screwing anything up if you want to delete it afterwards?
      I just want to give it a try because people keep bothering me about it.

Anonymous

What I don’t reach to understand is this: LTSC 2022 is coming out in 2 months maybe. Why would you bother with 11? You finally get a somewhat stable -and- up to date version of w10 with no nagging, no bullshit. It’s a no brainer for me. If I want to modify a system file or pirate shit I don’t have to use TPM for that shit.

Anonymous

ok, LULZ you got me
      windows 11 is nice until you start using it
      I think they copied that design philosophy from KDE
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D1deDXwWgQ
      I will stick to GNOME

Anonymous

>searches for the game he has installed in the start menu
        >it gives him some picture and bing search with ads instead
        >searches for edge
        >it gives him the edge page specifically
        Holy fuck, how do you even cope with this, why doesn’t it just work normally.

Anonymous

Serious question:

Why would anyone install W11? What’s the appeal? What can you do on it that you can’t do on W7?

W10 was shitty enough, a joke of a OS. Ooops something went wrong 🙁 who knows what ;).
      Resource hungry and unresponsive UI. Unstable as fuck while W7 stays light and rock solid since it came out.

Anonymous

/ljay/i;boards:g

Anonymous

Should be this, anon:

/Jjay/i;boards:g

Anonymous

Is it worth going for it or should I wait?

Anonymous

Wait you fool. Why would you subject yourself to this

Anonymous

Anyone making money selling apps on the Windows Store? I’d think given Windows has biggest market share.

Anonymous

Every spamming schizo post is another bump from me 🙂

Viewing 42 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id