Why was Kowloon Walled City so kino?

Home Forums General & off-topic Why was Kowloon Walled City so kino?

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why was it so kino?

Anonymous

because you are a suburbanite scrotebrain who has no idea what living in a regular city is like, let alone KWC

Anonymous

Because it is proof that libertarianism is scrotebrained and things like regulation and building codes are important and benficial

Dirk

Libertarianism isn’t opposed to regulation and building codes, it’s opposed to state regulation and building codes which are necessarily worse and predicated on force

Anonymous

>Libertarianism isn’t opposed to regulation and building codes
          >it’s opposed to state regulation and building codes
          Image: Photo of a disgusting slum that was controlled by organized crime
          > worse and predicated on force
          Jesus christ beat yourself to death with a hammer do it today

Dirk

you ok?

Anonymous

le what are you on about mate le
              – sincerely, a fat kid who thinks he’s a libertarian

Anonymous

Self-hating fat guy alert.

Anonymous

Capitalism is predicated on force. Property can’t exist without the state, and the capitalist mode of production can’t exist without coercion of the working class.
          At least communists are honest about wanting to kill you instead of hiding it behind gay gnomish pilpul cope like lolbergs and their idol Alisa Rosenbaum.

Anonymous

>Libertarianism isn’t opposed to regulation and building codes,
          Yes it is.

Anonymous

I would still have rather lived in Kowloon Walled City than in mainland China at the time

Anonymous

you wouldn’t have been able to fit through the doorways, and the floors wouldn’t have supported your weight

Anonymous

my penis was able to fit through your mum

Anonymous

Because you never set foot in it

Anonymous

That’s one of the reason why the chinese are called bugpeople.

Anonymous

Mostly for eating their prey alive though

Anonymous

Because you didn’t live there.

Anonymous

Because it inspired le ebin cyberpunk aesthetic redditors like you slobber over.

Anonymous

Kowloon WC was humanity unleashed, a real testament to creative and productive forces with no limits. An organic creation with no equal.

Anonymous

Probably was pretty fun to live in tbh

Anonymous

1980 BBC documentary on Kowloon Walled City
      https://youtu.be/ooQjAYJQ-xM
      1989 Germany documentary
      https://youtu.be/S-rj8m7Ssow

Both have some pretty great "street" level shots of the city. Looks extremely grim.

Anonymous

These were both great

Anonymous

>1980
        >1989
        did this city had influence on cyberpunk?

Anonymous

>libertarianism is just anarchy when it suits my strawman argument

Anonymous

yeah sorry sis I didn’t give you a chance to explain what authority you think should be in charge of how your house’s electrical system is wired, how you plan to enforce that authority’s rules, and how you play to pay for a system that enforces it
        Please share your libertarian wisdom with me while I look up your big list that specifies ‘necessary’ governmental powers from ‘unnecessary’ ones I can’t seem to find it

Anonymous

Exactly how is that different from current day where governments are literally just paid to look the other way? At least in this freaking libertarian dystopia there’s no government you have to pay to get nothing in return.

Also i don’t understand why you can conceive corporations being voluntary associations existing in this system but not voluntary associations for the clients.

Anonymous

My house was built by a corporation and is up to code and protects me in dozens of ways because the government enforces building codes using my money you lose
            Anyway now that you have admitted you have no plan to get anything done whatsoever my arguments are no longer against straw men
            Normal scrotebrains: 240,435,329,349
            Libertarians: 0
            rematch schedule for tomorrow

Anonymous

>My house was built by a corporation and is up to code and protects me in dozens of ways because the government enforces building codes using my money you lose

what the fuck does that mean

Anonymous

I’m sorry little fatty dumb autism guy let me make it clearer for you because of your symptoms and obesity
                >My house was build by a corporation and is up to code
                >And (my house) protects me in dozens of ways
                >(My house protects me) because the government enforces building codes using my money
                >You (libertarians) lose
                You won’t understand some of this unless you can figure out how it relates to the comment I was replying to, which means you won’t understand some of this, so sorry I guess

Anonymous

So what you’re saying is, you’re okay with paying in to enforcement of building codes because it directly benefits you to do so?
                  Okay what about paying in to programs that promote diversity? How about paying for gibs for ‘refugees’?

Anonymous

Are you the fat kid who has been talking to me about the soul of libertarianism this whole thread? Because I don’t feel like chasing you throuth another set of goalposts thank you
                    Oh sorry I mean
                    >Are you the fat kid who has been talking to me about the soul of libertarianism this whole thread
                    >Because I don’t feel like chasing you through another set of goalposts
                    >Thank you
                    There, I wrote it so you can understand it even though your brain is shitty

Anonymous

No I’m not whoever that is that lives rent free in your head, I just saw your post and poked a hole in it, and you refused to reply to my argument because you know you can’t win.

Anonymous

No, I can win. You don’t like something that the government is doing? Great, take it up with them using the tools available to you like any other citizen. No neckbeard-flavored inch-deep political philosophy required. Next question? Maybe something that is related to the other shit in this thread for once?

Anonymous

Answer the freaking question: Do you or do you not approve of the fact that you have to pay for gibs and all the other stupid examples of government overreach?

Anonymous

The premise of your question is false, so according to the rules of logic answering it can only produce further falsehood. Instead, I’m going to stay on top.

Anonymous

Pure sophistry. Have your last word, everyone with a brain can see what you’re doing.

Anonymous

Okay. The last word is that you can’t really play in this league. Whoever has been letting you skate this far in your life has been doing you a major disservice. Stop embarrasing yourself and do the reading.
                        https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_premise

Anonymous

People who think their money should pay for gibs have a disease. It wants to leave their body but you can’t rationally explain why they should believe differently.

Them changing their mind will happen from interactions with actual people and it will be like taking a big mental shit for them.

Anonymous

I’m living off gibs myself, I’m not paying for shit. And if I was better off I’d like to think I still would have some sympathy for the less fortunate, who merit state support; I’m far more opposed to the government programs which *create* refugees than the ones which pay them stipends.

Anonymous

>Please share your libertarian wisdom with me while I look up your big list that specifies ‘necessary’ governmental powers from ‘unnecessary’ ones I can’t seem to find it
          Try looking in your mom’s house I think I left it there.

Anonymous

>DUDE! I JUST LOVE THE HUSTLE AND BUSTLE OF LIVING IN THE WALLED CITY

Anonymous

Fun fact, the absolute hellhole that was Kowloon had a mailman, that man had balls of freaking steel.

Anonymous

It was just some dude who was on the take or part of the triad
        But you should take the cool story you made up to reddit where it belongs

Anonymous

Ah well.

Anonymous

No seriously go post your dumb shit on Reddit like TIL there was a mailman in KWC he must have been a badass!! And then post it again on /r totallyawesome and then post it again on /r ELI5 MAILMAN IN KWC???
            And then you will get ten million reddit internet points and it will finally become clear to you where you belong, the way it’s clear to me.
            Then once it’s settled never come back

Anonymous

if it’s built properly, i unironically would live there.

Anonymous

>if it’s built properly, i unironically would live there.
        There is some fucktarded dumb shit in this thread but this comment has crushed all contenders

Anonymous

>t. claustroscrote

Anonymous

If you want to live there or think living there would be good you have the soul of a cockroach and you are what is wrong with all of humanity today

Anonymous

People who live like that cannot be human.

Anonymous

It wasn’t. You are glorying a slum that would not look out of place anywhere else in the world.

Anonymous

>Oh yes the hell hole of Kowloon Walled City, that’s so keeno, unlike the soulless paradise of Singapore
      Why do leftists fetishize shitty living conditions?

Anonymous

What? Kowloon represents true freedom, not conformism or central control. Kowloon is anti-leftist.

Anonymous

Kowloon Walled City was largely anti-communist refugees, no? Strange definition of "leftist" you have there.

Anonymous

>they left garbage on rooftops instead of throwing it to the ground

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id