Why the fuck is everything subscription woke af nowadays

Home Forums Science & tech Why the fuck is everything subscription woke af nowadays

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why the fuck is everything subscription woke af nowadays in which I have to pay monthly for a product until I die? It’s like they WANT me to pirate their stuff

Anonymous

Jesus $50/mo?!? what a scam, I’ll just pirate CS6

Anonymous

That’s pretty cheap though.

Anonymous

Are you scrotebrained?

Anonymous

Only goys and kids pay retail

Are you? $50 a month for EVERY adobe application is a drop in the bucket for the value you get out of it.

Anonymous

Pirating also costs me $0/mo 🙂

Anonymous

Go on…

Anonymous

I’ll be honest with you anon. If those chud garden gnomes had a one time payment of let’s say $4000 I’d pay it but as forementioned chud garden gnomes also know that I won’t be buying any newer versions in the future so that’s why they got their ((((((suscribtion plan)))))

So ultimately it’s all woke af on principle and not really about the money but hey if you wanna voraciously consoom like the cattle scrote that you sound like then by all means

Anonymous

True, for businesses/freelancers. Not worth shit for the hobbyists who just want to make art for fun. Though I guess they figure that the hobbyists will just pirate it

Anonymous

Only goys and kids pay retail

Arch Developer

You can pirate the latest cc versions though. Why limit yourself?

Anonymous

For me, it’s Affinity Photo.

Anonymous

Would you say the transition from PS to Affinity is smooth or is there a learning curve? I mostly use Photoshop for animation.

Anonymous

SaaS is cancer, in subscription form.

Anonymous

For me, it’s Luminar.

Anonymous

what do you suggest as an alternative?

Anonymous

use these

Anonymous

>subject is hosting platforms
          >posts an image of applications
          DUURRRRRRRRRR IM A FUCKIN G scrotebrain DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRR

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/jBrj6ls.gif

>using hosting platform
            >calling other scrotebrained

Anonymous

>t. unemployed

Anonymous

>t. scrote schizophrenic

Anonymous

Do you really wanna pay those chud garden gnomes at silicon valley an endless stream of cash or steal their shit or look for a free alternative? Because you’re not impressing anyone that you can afford $50 a month for diluted software

Anonymous

>diluted software
                  Adobe’s options are generally the best, which is why people pay at all.

Anonymous

They’re really not. Arguably Microsoft Suite has better payment plans for a business and aside from that there’s plenty of other software products that aren’t subscription woke af. Honestly only stupid college students pay for that shit and even then they get discounts

Anonymous

i don’t pay anyone, companies pay them, hence you’re unemployed you freaking poor neet scrote

Anonymous

>t. work at micro business or mom and pop store

Anonymous

>medibang
          they moved to subs as well

Anonymous

>Just use The GIMP as an alternative to anything
          You’ve never made money in your life

Anonymous

>Only paid software can make me money

Anonymous

what subscription?

Anonymous

woke af

Anonymous

It’s the only way they can sell you overpriced shit. $240 sounds like a lot but $20/month? Sign me up.

That’s literally why most of America buys iPhones. If only people knew their handset cost more than a MacBook Air, it wouldn’t sell half as well.

Anonymous

grow up boomer
        people spend way more time on their mobile phones than pcs

Anonymous

why the fuck is the photoshop-only option more expensive than the photography bundle that includes photoshop

Anonymous

to make you think you are getting a good deal

Anonymous

Enough people will pay it to be worth the extra piracy.
      It’s freaking bullshit but that’s the way it works.

Anonymous

I use the student discount and I’m not a student

Anonymous

>photoshop $20.99
      >photoshop+lightroom $19.19

Anonymous

You’ve had 20 years to switch to GIMP.

Anonymous

Engineers have had 20 years to make The GIMP usable

Anonymous

You vill own nozing

Anonymous

There’s a misunderstanding among freetards as to what IT actually is. They don’t understand that it’s not a hobby, it’s a tool. Most people use computers to get work done, and they really couldn’t care less about the underlying things. It’s why subscription models work, because computing is now another utility: it makes perfect sense for you to have (for example) an Office 365 subscription, as you don’t have to worry about the software being up to date, and you can have all your documents accessible anywhere, nor do you have to think about organizing your data or taking backups. Just like you don’t think when turning on a tap or a light switch: you just pay your electric/water bill and move on.

However, there’s always some old-timer who is all about homesteading, who is lamenting all those fools who don’t generate their own electricity, spend their weekends prospecting for wells, or emptying their septic tanks by hand pump. You see, people get stuck with the implementation of general concepts (and not just of computing, but everything) in the place and time they learned about them – it’s where the "back in my day" mumblers each generation come from.

But this causes problems for freetards, because the "place" is invariably an online echo chamber of (possibly autistic) older freetards – likely parroting some disgusting pedophile – and the "time" is the 1970s, because the UNIXverse really hasn’t developed or extended its principles since then. This results in idiocies such as the "bloat" thing freetards are obsessed with: they’re so divorced from the real world of IT, they can’t understand that this "bloat" is what makes people more productive. You can now do in a few seconds, with some VBA, what used to literally take days (and far stronger programming skills/languages) a few years back. And of course, a "bloated" solution that exists is by definition infinitely more useful that some idealised "lean" one that either doesn’t exist, or doesn’t do what you need it to.

Anonymous

gnomish claws typed this post

Anonymous

Nice try, subhuman. My grandfather was literally a Nazi soldier.

Anonymous

This idiot spend $650 a year on an adobe subscription.

Anonymous

Its blatantly a scam and you know it. For most media you generally don’t have to subscribe to it. Adobe just wants to make money for doing nothing. At least EA gives you a graphics update for madden every year. Photoshop just steals your money for the premium of using their software. You want to call it a utility, but a utility is something continually provided to you. Water is continually piped into my home, electricity is continually piped into my home. Photoshop? It’s something that I download locally and have on my computer. When all the adobe servers went down I could still have my Photoshop. The only reason that Photoshop isn’t like that is artificial barriers that adobe creates. I hope something better displaces them.

Anonymous

they make everything a subscription because a steady stream of income is gold to the shareholders and the ceo can get a fatter bonus and buy another yacht. Get your head out of your ass with your corporation simping, this doesnt make sense to be a subscription service because they dont have a steady stream of something coming your way. At best they have some minor changes every year

Anonymous

You can earn more money this way.

Anonymous

Because goyim buy things they don’t need and then forget about it. Easy money. If you aren’t fleecing goyim with monthly subscriptions yourself then you’re downright scrotebrained.

Anonymous

I use Darktable.

Anonymous

Cos the software industry accidentally already made 95% of the functionality that would ever be needed out of computers by 2000 but they still have to make money.

Anonymous

I just get the $10 photography plan. Worth it to me over having to browse through shady torrent sites from time to time for updates.

Anonymous

Just use free alternative or pirate whatever you can’t replace

Anonymous

Wouldn’t have been that bad, if they allowed you to pay per hour at the same rates…. Imagine spending 1 cent for an hour of photoshop (just to get the job done).

Anonymous

photoshop is 20 dollars per month now? that shit used to be 10 dollars

Anonymous

It’s really sad. I don’t mind paying for quality stuff, and now, being an adult and having a job, I can actually do so and would like to, but a subscription? Fuck that shit. So, no money from me.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.