Why is there no gamer IMac?

Home Forums Science & tech Why is there no gamer IMac?

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why is there no gamer IMac? This is the only reason why I don’t switch from Windows. If people could game on iOS then Apple would win.

Anonymous

I think all the senior executives at Apple have a disdain for "hardcore" gaming for whatever reason

Anonymous

picrel

Because gayming is a waste of time and electricity.

Anonymous

This except anyone running Windows in a VM on an Intel Mac is mentally scrotebrained as are boot camp scrotes. Literally take the 2 seconds to install rEFIt and literally boot off any NTFS drive where a Windows filesystem is present

Anonymous

>Because gayming is a waste of time and electricity.
          Woke af. After age 20 or so, no man should be investing serious time and energy into gaming.

Anonymous

>Shitty backwards compatibility that breaks games every few years
            >Ridiculous prices even when taking GPU shortage into account
            >Apple only wants to support its own app store that filled with micro transaction ridden garbage

>Woke af. After age 20 or so, no man should be investing serious time and energy into gaming.
            t. pic related

Anonymous

I JUST HECKIN LOVE BRANDARINOS!

Anonymous

>Why is there no gamer IMac?
          Because the culture of desktop/laptop gaming on OSX never developed. They have had almost zero native support for most of Apple’s existence since 1976, nor has Apple really tried very hard to bring gaming into the fold.

It’s like asking why doesn’t Porsche have a minivan. That’s just not what their primary focus is. One computer company doesn’t have to make a product for every possible usage just because you think it’s a good idea.

>Because gayming is a waste of time and electricity.
          Woke af. After age 20 or so, no man should be investing serious time and energy into gaming.

Yes, because the vast majority of Apple users are SOOOO productive. Pic related: it’s your brethren.

Anonymous

Porsche did make a minivan though.

Anonymous

>buy now
          >download free trial

Anonymous

Imagine paying for software that’s free on every other platform. This is the power of the iToddler.

Anonymous

They literally talk about how the iPhones are great for gaming at every new iPhone launch though.

Anonymous

Because they’re trying to market the iPhone to your average consumer. Whereas with the Mac Pro, it is 100% NOT for your average consumer.

Anonymous

nibba you lack reading comprehension

Anonymous

It’s great for Temple Rush and Fruit Ninja lmao.

Anonymous

He’s talking about actual games. Not zynga candy crush farmville shovelware.

Anonymous

>no gamer IMac […] for whatever reason
        The reason is backwards compatibility, which is required if you seriously want to get the gaming crowd onto your PC-style (desktop, laptop) platform. Apple wants to be able to switch architectures as they see fit.

What they could do is offer a gaming console, or enter the "gaming as a service" market.

Anonymous

and that’s a good thing

Anonymous

Macs are by and large computers for professionals e.g. programmers, doctors etc

Anonymous

>doctors
        >"doctors"
        An N.D is not a real doctor.

Anonymous

>Why is there no gamer IMac
      because Macs are garbage

Anonymous

>An OS doesn’t cater to my particular needs = garbage.
        This is a reminder of how playing games all day rots your brain. Go get some sun son

Anonymous

I haven’t played a videogame in like 3 years, will always be a gamer though, just on a break I guess.

Anonymous

because macacs are overpriced and slow
      zoomboids gaymers will surely notice its shitty framerates

Anonymous

>game designed to work on a specific macOS version
      >major OS update breaks it
      That’s why. Windows is generally shit but at least I can fire up a game from 2009 and usually it will just work. You can do what I am doing and designate a specific PC for Windows/games only, and do everything else on a separate PC.

Anonymous

Look up MacOS OpenGL support lulz

Anonymous

The 5700XT 5K iMac can game just fine. Hell I played RDR2 on the 4K imac with rx 560. I played Battlefront 2015 in 2015 on the intel integrated graphics in the first 4K imac. You can do anything you want.

Anonymous

It would be terrible for their image.

People buy Macs because they think it makes them look like DJ’s and e-celebs.
      If they saw ugly spotty gaymers use them they would turn 360 and buy whatever cool people buy next.

Anonymous

>People buy Macs because they think it makes them look like DJ’s and e-celebs
        …or because it provides the smoothest experience with a computer. Windows is unpleasant to use and even painful to look at. No need to even talk about Linux.

Anonymous

Apple’s support for games and payment platforms outside the app store is pitiful at best and openly hostile at worst.
      Apple is only concerned with supporting micro transaction ridden games.
      Metal is a garbage API.
      Mac price to performance is laughable.
      Apple is extremely slow compared to the gaming industry.
      Apples support for old Macs is atrocious.
      Apple devices legitimately can’t cool themselves properly.
      Pick one

Anonymous

Job’s disdain for games.

Anonymous

they got burned by the pippin

also they banned fortnite from ios, so they obviously give zero fucks about gaming as a revenue stream in general

Anonymous

They banned fortnite from ios because they didn’t want to give any leeway that would give precedent to every ios dev and their dog to try to bypass their payment systems. Maintaining the status quo sounds well worth the tradeoff from a business standpoint.

Anonymous

>"gamer" imac

No thanks, keep your rat’s nest of cables

Anonymous

>soulless vs soul

Anonymous

>compares all-in-one to a tower
        >ignores windows all-in-ones that are just as clean as mac

Anonymous

I’ve unironically been on the lookout for one of these Dell’s and would love to build a Win XP game machine out of it. These are peak mid 2000’s SOVL.
        Practical too, since you don’t need to rip apart glued together panels for a thermal paste change.

Anonymous

iOS is operating system that iphones run, there are plenty of games for iphones

Anonymous

IMAC suck fuckdd form factor is a shit. Mac pro is the only possible gaming Mac.

Anonymous

b/c mac users have jobs

Anonymous

and families

Anonymous

>be mac
      >have opengl and vulkan as standards to choose from
      >go full pants on head scrotebrained and make their own bullshit and fuck anyone who wants to use anything else
      Fuck crApple. They’re dead.

Anonymous

Dumb zoomer, Metal predated Vulkan by years

Anonymous

Have you tried opening Steam on a Big Sur Mac?

None of the games are supported since apple dropped x86 support and then switched to arm

Anonymous

[…]

this poster is a wintoddler microjeet shill, who is buttblasted that mods dont put up with his tard tantrums

Anonymous

directx

Anonymous

i’ve tried a lot of operating systems. and i mean a lot. apple shit has always been the worst besides their phones.

Anonymous

>i’ve tried a lot of operating systems. and i mean a lot
        You probably tried Unix-like systems and Windows. You ain’t tech savvy my friend.

Anonymous

If people couldnt game on windows linux would win

Anonymous

Reminder the only way to purge these shit threads off LULZ is to slit the iscrote mod/OP’s throat.

Anonymous

Because Apple has created their own niche that caters mostly to very specific users: designers, hipsters, wanderlust ethots, users who value gadget aesthetics more than tech specs.

The most important thing for them in a computer is to look fabulous, like a perfect object with smooth surfaces and curves and a welcoming operating system with jumpy animations. The whole product is designed to give this soothing feeling, which makes you not question how much of a turd the computer actually is.

Anonymous

Gaming PC requires constant upgrading…they want to make their computers last longer artificially, even if it means crippling them since launch.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.