Why is Odin the head of the Norse pantheon when in others he’s the sun-god?

Home Forums History Why is Odin the head of the Norse pantheon when in others he’s the sun-god?

• This topic has 167 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 56 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why is Odin the paternal head of the Norse pantheon when in others it’s some variant of the sun-god?

Anonymous

because you can’t see the sun in scandinavia

Anonymous

you get 24 hour sunlight in the summer in scandinavia

Anonymous

>you get 24 hour cloud cover in the summer in scandinavia

Anonymous

Odin is Mercury

My 23&me results= 0% European, 98% Anatolian, 1% Central Asian, 1% Sudanese

Odin is a person-shaman who became a god, make of that what you will.

Anonymous

Odin also hates scrotes

Source?

Anonymous

I spoke to him, he told me, he only speaks to his aryan sons

Odin is described by the oldest known work of Norse beliefs to survive, the writings of Icelandic Norseman Snorri Sturlson, to be a TÜRK.

Anonymous

Turks are not a race, most modern Turks are armenoid/farmscrotes haplogroup G2

Turks got their name from the steppe conquerors who were white and red haired like pic related

>most modern Turks are armenoid/farmscrotes haplogroup G2
              G2: 10% in Turkey, mostly among Muslim Georgians or Caucasians.

I have zero Armenian myself.

Anonymous

You understand virtually nothing about the Eddas or folk history tbh. Lots of people later on claimed to be descendants of Greek epics. This is something popularized by the Roman folk origin story. The same similarities exist with The Bible as well. Some sources give Odin’s descent even further back to more obscure figures like Geat.
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxon_royal_genealogies

I’m aware, and it’s because Troy is the manifestation of Anatolid genius and Trojan-relatives had spread knowledge of farming, religion, advanced society to the hunter gatherers. Moreover, even CWC was about half Anatolian.

However this is also a serious claim, and it is not made in jest. Consider that Snorri is the only serious source of Norse religion that we have, it carries weight.

Odin is described as a wandering wise man from the East, and south.

Anonymous

>Consider that Snorri is the only serious source of Norse religion that we have
                    This is incredibly wrong. He is one of the most inaccurate. The elder eddas and sagas are much more reiable. Hávamál was probably composed in the 9th century and written down later. Snorri was purposefully euhemerizing the gods to explain how the first people “stopped worshipping the one true faith in God” and became pagan.

>elder eddas
                      Can you articulate what if anything is in direct contradiction with Snorri? He was merely writing down what was already a long oral tradition.

Anonymous

Not a contradiction. He adds many things not known in older versions. Much of it is considered to be his own invention

Anonymous

The old turkic script looks suspiciously like the runes though

Anonymous

Germanic runes literally come from italic and greek alphabets. Odin was a med.

Anonymous

The runes were most likely woke af off of various scripts used in the Alpine region so it was only indirectly from meds.

Anonymous

>only indirectly from meds
                        yeah sorry but no, not at all. The elder futhark comes directly from the Latin alphabet. What other alpine scripts are you referring to?

The magical meanings behind runes is a Germanic invention though

Anonymous

The Camunic, Lepontic, Venetic and Rhaetic scripts who in turn are derived from the Etruscan alphabet.
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBoFjhNwziY

Anonymous

The Old Turkic script is about 500 years younger than Elder Futhark, and the letters that do look alike represent completely different sounds.

Anonymous

You will always be a brown farmscrote

Anonymous

>t. no more then 50% farmscrote

Anonymous

This and probably Scots or Picts or whoever who claimed to be Scythian, that’s probably rooted in some passed down memory of coming from elsewhere pre-maps/writing. Barely anyone traveled most likely, couldn’t read or write, and so when they heard tell of Troy down in the uncharted south or about Scythians they thought it sounded like what their grandparents used to talk about and these kinds of things.

Anonymous

Troy is literally in Finland. The sister city of Troy is even named as being a Norse city for fucks sake. Snorri even cites it later in his Heimskringla.

Anonymous

Turks are the result of whites raping Mongols. Cope seethe and dilate.

Anonymous

please stop posting if you cannot find clear and concise words to use. nobody wants to slog through your meme-barf.

Anonymous

I see the problem here: you’re scrotebrained.

I’ll try do dumb it down for you… Before the Muslims finally sacked Constantinople in 1400ad, and changed the name to Istanbul (This is in what is called "Turkey" in modern times) it was the capitol of the Byzantine empire which itself was a remnant of the Roman empire–eg white. The fact that it was predominantly white in the historical record, beyond the written records and art, is supported by genetic research.

The Muslims preserves several works that predated their invasions while the originals were lost. That doesn’t mean the authors of said works liked scrotes.

Now crawl back under your rock mouth breather.

Anonymous

A shaman from “TYRKLAND” (modern Swede for “Turkey”), Odin was elevated to the chief position by virtue of his exceptional talent, knowledge, and expertise.

He was a Steppe-Trojan-Turk who taught knowledge to primitive Norsemen and was worshipped as a result. This is consistent with Snorri’s description of his homeland as “Troy”.

Anonymous

What IE religions are headed by a Sun God, OP?

Scratch that. I am not a europoid and do not resemble yuropee-ans but this isn’t about me…

It’s about the Trojan Turk shaman who managed to accumulate such shamanic-skill set that he literally ascended to the divine, named Odin

Anonymous

So you’re telling me my cultural heritage is TÜRKED
        This was an interesting thread, thanks for posting

Yep. Happy to help clarify this topic.

This and probably Scots or Picts or whoever who claimed to be Scythian, that’s probably rooted in some passed down memory of coming from elsewhere pre-maps/writing. Barely anyone traveled most likely, couldn’t read or write, and so when they heard tell of Troy down in the uncharted south or about Scythians they thought it sounded like what their grandparents used to talk about and these kinds of things.

I doubt it. People usually claimed these things because of a real-basis. The Scythian-origin is sometimes conflated with the Hunnic-Germanic interactions too, especially when it pertains to Alemannic and Frankish households. It seems a Trojan wise man traveled north, and communicated his wisdom to the people he encountered. It happens.

Anonymous

No, I know people trekked around and maybe you’re right, but it’s a stretch. I heard on the STJ podcast someone who consulted on the Viking DNA paper, he thought there might be some kind of outsized Greek/maybe Trojan impact in Scandinavian haplogroups, I think he was talking about I1 in particular. I think this would be easy to discredit and won’t be looking into it, and might be unrelated to what you’re talking about, but it’s a fun similarly scrotebrained-looking thought to mull over.

It would be just one person. Consider this map of J2(Anatolid). Notice the 1-5% in north Europe and 5-10% in Sweden.

Sometimes individuals are special. To give you a sense of what’s possible. Thomas Jefferson, originally from West Midlands England, had T-L206– exceptionally rare in England but it occurs at less than 0.3%.

Anatolian haplogroups occur at a higher rate than this in north Europe and Scandinavia.

Anonymous

>one special person
                Yes
                I know you’re not saying Odin was necessarily J2, but obviously J2 could have entered any which way with any which population or individual or small group of people, might have been present among a fairly typical CW group or whatever. As for T, it’s rare for sure, but it’s not particularly extraordinary, haplos seep into populations and not everyone’s sampled, there are probably a handful more of A00s out there in odd European places. Looking at Yfull for instance creates the illusion that there are only for instance 15 people who have this or that group when in fact it’s probably always something like 100x more of each per population, pulling that number out of my ass.

Yes well, we don’t know if Odin even reproduced (with humans) or if one individual might leave a significant genetic marker (I’m aware it’s possible but it’s rare).

Anonymous

Yeah, I listened to that too. That guy is very likable, but he gets a lot of details wrong unfortunately. As I remember it, they were talking about this in the context of Mycenean-Nordic interactions during the Bronze Age, which there is no hard evidence for either way. I believe he implicitly suggested I1 could have entered Scandinavia by way of some faux-Mycenean colonization even. That’s the kind of theory that sounds believable if your only source is Eupedia-maps, but just comes off batshit crazy when subjected to any scrutiny whatsoever.
              t. Norskie

Anonymous

>Mycenean-Nordic interactions during the Bronze Age, which there is no hard evidence for either way
                Except the sites in Germany where Linear B has been found.

Anonymous

In Germany, not in Scandinavia. The Mycenean influence was probably mediated through Central European contacts.

Anonymous

>In Germany, not in Scandinavia
                    You’re a stooge.

Anonymous

Germany isn’t Nordic, do you comprehend?

Consider that Troy was not well known about and the actual Trojan-Roman connection— mocked by some as supposed Julio-Claudian propaganda — is proven by modern genetics and new findings.

Anonymous

A thread that asks an interesting question immediately becomes a shit slinging contest between schizos and haploscrotes. Never change LULZ, never change.

Anonymous

He is a god of the night sky. Zeus is a god of storms. The Italics had a night-time variant of Jupiter. All are associated with darkened skies. Possibly the olde aryan god was both night and storms.

Anonymous

What do you mean why? Because he slayed Ymir.

Anonymous

If you take Ynglynga saga literally, which despite people saying it’s a conspiracy theory from christians to paint Odin as a real person, Odin is a man who led the Scandinavians from North Eastern Ukraine to Scandinavia.

Anonymous

Yes. The Trojan-Turk man who led them to Scandinavia.

Anonymous

I don’t know enough memes to make sense of this finno hyper Korean war level of bullshit.

Anonymous

The Eddas say he is a Trojan Turk and that he led the Germanics to Scandinavia.

It’s well-known that Germanics were considered a Goth-like people. Leibniz even said that Germans, Turks, were from the same source.

Anonymous

I’ve read the Eddas. There’s nothing to correlate it to Turks anon.

Anonymous

No you haven’t.

Anonymous

quads beat dubs, you lose roachcel

Anonymous

4 DUBS IN A ROW beats quads.

Anonymous

SEE:

It would be just one person. Consider this map of J2(Anatolid). Notice the 1-5% in north Europe and 5-10% in Sweden.

Sometimes individuals are special. To give you a sense of what’s possible. Thomas Jefferson, originally from West Midlands England, had T-L206– exceptionally rare in England but it occurs at less than 0.3%.

Anatolian haplogroups occur at a higher rate than this in north Europe and Scandinavia.

IN SCANDINAVIA.

Also, this region is where people like Alicia Vikander are from.

Anonymous

I don’t know enough memes to make sense of this finno hyper Korean war level of bullshit.

If you accept that the Germanics originated in Eastern Ukraine it’s hardly a leap that they could have been ruled by some exiles from Anatolia. Boats existed you know.
        In an amusing reversal, Goths would later rule over Greeks and Turkics in Crimea.

>In an amusing reversal, Goths would later rule over Greeks and Turkics in Crimea.
          And goths would eventually become Tatars.

Odin has second sight so either he knows Troy will fall or he can see it will he tricked by Loki (Ulysses)… he leads some Trojan-Turks to the north (presumably before this happens), then he either takes over or impresses some local germanics, and leads them all to Scandinavia. The leading Turkish-Anatolian-Trojan figures from Troy are worshipped as the Aesir by the germanics, and Odin as the head Turk, is worshipped as the head Aesir.

Anonymous

The amount of information we have about norse paganism is vanishingly small and the handful of genuine eddas we’ve retained might just be from a sect of Odin devotees. Tyr/Tiw/Tiwaz was the deity whose name is cognate with Jupiter and Zeus, and he may well have been the head deity generally. We know that the Norse swore their oaths to Tyr, not Odin.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Referring to Turks being the rivals of Ulysses, and identifying Loki=Ulysses.

Anonymous

here.

Anonymous

This is vey curious.

OKÜ-THOR is not translated into Norse. It is considered a title but it seems there is more to it.

>"Cart Thor" or "Driving Thor", from Finnish
          Is one derivation but it seems to have agglutinative roots, and is likely Turkish.

Also, identifying the Ulysses-Achaen-Greeks with Loki, and as the rivals of the Turks.

OküThor

OGHUTOR

It may very well be an Anatolid agglutination language too. Sumerian-Hurrian-Urartian words can look like this sometimes.

Anonymous

Gökturks = Blue turks = blue eyed turks

This seems to fit.

If Thor is here, made poor, by the treachery of Loki (Odysseus), and the Greeks (described as the rival enemies)

Sumerian.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Like so.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

VGH, the fathers of the Turkic race. Kneel.

Anonymous

>Mesolithic R1b-M343 lineages from Villabruna (Italy ca. 12000 BC) to the latest south-eastern European hunter-gatherers cluster closely together. Their ancestry is defined as of Western Hunter-Gatherers (WHG), which includes hunter-gatherer individuals from Bichon (Switzerland ca. 11700 BC), Loschbour (Luxembourg ca. 6100 BC), as well as samples from La Braña (Iberia ca. 5865 BC), and Koros (Hungary ca. 5710 BC).

Anonymous

Turks = the result of Mesolithic whites raping Mongoloids.

Anonymous

But the first route is more consistent with the descriptions.

Anonymous

I am Swedish but okay.

Turkey = Turkiet

Anonymous

Turkish=Turkiet.

Republic of Turkey = Turkish/Turkiet, THE Turkish Republic.

Anonymous

Turkey=TYRKLAND
          Turk=TYRK
          TURKISH=TURKIET (in Swedish)

https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkiet

I’m glad this modern usage/short-hand is used but Tyrkland=Turkey.

Anonymous

He is saying in the first passages, that Odin was a King(royal) Chieftain in Troy, and he had "second-sight" (could see the future), and understood that he should go to the North and the people of the North needed his insights

Anonymous

Snorri was coping. He wanted a place in greco antiquity.

Nope. He is not coping. He is corroborated by other sources.

Also he is not anti Thor or anti Odin. He says they were holy men.

Anonymous

Corroborated by your haplo research, runes, 18th century scholar? This is not serious.

>he is not anti Thor or anti Odin
          That much is clear.

By Sagas, the Poetic Edda.

>that much is clear
            Many of the copes are that he was supposedly anti Odin or something.

He is saying Turks=Trojans, and that Odin led a lot of Turkish aristocrats, wise people, leading shamans, from Turkey to Scandinavia and these people are what we call the Aesir.

Anonymous

My WHG siss. The progenitors of the Turkic race.

Anonymous

Nope yall come from the black sis

Goes from Troy (Turkey) with the Aesir (Trojan notables) to Ukraine (where he picks up Germanics) to North Germany (where he puts some of his sons in position and leaves them there) to Scandinavia (where he does more of this).

It seems the ancient Trojans =Turks, and Turk/Trojans = Aesir, and the founders of Germanic nobility, kings, aristocracy, heros— worshipped by the Germanics.

Anonymous

yep also Jesus= Turk, Yakub= Turk and shieeeeeet

If the Bible said so, I think you’d have to pay attention.

Anonymous

Yes, their WHG genes won out. God knows what would have happened had whites not raped the barbarism out of them.

Trojan Anatolians move north, corral some Germanics, and before you know it, the Germanics worship them for their superior knowledge and insights, and these Trojan Anatolians become Gods/Aesir, and Odin selects his sons to lead groups of Germanics as Kings of various tribes. All over what is now North Germany and Scandinavia.

He uses the word Troy, Turkey, Turkish customs. He says Greeks=Loki.

He also uses some agglutination words that aren’t easily sourced but occur in other sagas/poems too.

Anonymous

Z2103 Whites move south, creating Sumer. Anatolians copy white achievement. WHG Mongoloid Turkic proceed to rape Anatolia, taking revenge for their white siss.

It might explain why Germanic aristocracy has never felt particularly attached to Germanic people.

Like ruling over a foreign people.

Anonymous

Ok, so we have:
      >the turk schizo
      >slav schizo
      >chang schizo
      >garden gnome schizo
      >the brown internet defense force
      >the nazis
      Am I missing someone, or are these basically all of LULZ posters

Anonymous

>the east med «we wuzz the imperial romans» crew

Anonymous

theres the jw spammer

He and his wife have second sight. That means they know what will happen, but either they can’t convince people to do something or it’s inevitable either way. Most likely they’ve figured out that Troy is under siege by these Greeks and sooner or later it’s going to fall. Or like Cassandra, they might have warned but were not heeded.

Their second sight also tells them to go North.

Troy is on the Dardanelles and it controlled the lucrative Black Sea trade. Trojans surely knew about what is now Ukraine and had some ideas about its people.

So he drives forward with the people who listen to him, and join his movement, these are people like Thor and Figi, and the other Aesir.

All of them get on a ship and go north. To Ukraine. There they move around and find some tribals to control.

The rest is history.

Imagine if you take some tech and a few hundred Americans of strong character to go find some tribals somewhere who think you’re gods…

Troy was the most advanced city on earth in this time.

I think they moved right after the collapse. As a kind of refugee wave. That is why they call Greeks/Odysseus=Loki.

So this is one wave of the collapsing Trojan refugee. Like 1200BCE.

Wait. This would mean Odysseus was a Trojan who betrayed Troy. A Pelasgian prince who was vassal to the Greeks and who resisted going to war because he didn’t want to fight his own people.

I am absolutely sure Otü is Hurric-Anatolian. It just sounds like it. I’m looking through my Hurrian and Sumerian dictionaries. And there are like 5 people who speak these languages so don’t be surprised if it hasn’t been noticed before.

Anonymous

The Aesir & the other guys, I took that to be some kind of IE & pre-IE pidgin pantheon, same for Olympians & titans and the like, but for the same blending relation to exist in Greece and Scandinavia it’d have to have happened either way back in the early bronze age or copper age or My23&me is right or nearly right or it’s all wrong and the giants/Gods relation is part of PIE religion. That or maybe religion was more globally accepted and had much deeper roots, kind of like how you see venus figurines in a ton of different places.

Greece? He says they are the enemy. The evil foes of the Aesir.

These are Anatolians (not Greeks) who are moving north.

If ötu-Thor is Turkish, then Thor of the grass/steppe?

Otü means “grass” or “further away, farthest” in Turkish.

Öku-Thor… Thor the Reader? Or the Teacher of Reading? Perhaps he taught some runic signs.

Anonymous

Just to make sure, Turkish wouldn’t have been spoken by Anatolians back in Odin times. If there are turkic connections they’d have come from Uralians

Anonymous

so do gutians of sumerian history that invaded from the zagros mountains have any connection to goths (guti)? How far back do we know these groups go really

Anonymous

That’s absolutely impossible. All I can say.

Anonymous

I have no idea but getae (ex. Massagetae, Sauromatae) was a part of a word to indicate at least a Scythian tribe. I’ve heard about the connection between Scythians and Goths but I do not know anything about it.

Anonymous

>I’ve heard about the connection between Scythians and Goths but I do not know anything about it.

Dexippus in his "Scythica" gave his "Scythians" all German names, even though prior to that period they were Iranic. It represents the end cultural shift of those people.

Anonymous

>Dexippus
            what has a greek philosopher has to do with scythians?

I’m going to go through some Hurrian/Etruscan/Sumerian dictionaries now.

An aside: The CWC-heavy Mycenaean Greek invaders of Troy would have been more “Nordic” than the Trojan princes like Thor who were defending Troy, and eventually went to Ukraine, and from there to Germany and Scandinavia.

Anonymous

>more Nordic
        Yes, of course. Some of the WHG-derived Turkic rapists of Anatolia eventually (the more WHG-admixed) followed the trail of Kurgans left by their siss through Europe to Scandinavia. The more Anatolian admixed ones stayed behind. Hence underdevelopment in Anatolia today.

Anonymous

VGH the Kurgans of Western Anatolia, the Proto-Nordid Urheimat calls to me my siss..

Anonymous

How do you reconcile the oldest kurgans being in southern Russia?

Anonymous

Geographic location doesn’t mean much. I’m stuck in Romania on remote work but I was born in Denmark and by blood I’m Austrian. If a whole community of Austrians moved to Romania they wouldn’t be Romanian by blood.

He’s not talking about TYRLAND. He says Turks, after he says Tyrkland. He then says Turkish customs. He says Troy.

Anonymous

I think he was just relating information without knowing the context. The etymologies don’t match Turkeys geography.

Anonymous

this is hilarious.

Go read the freaking original Icelandic if you want and come at me. I posted it.

Anonymous

Why are brown people allowed to post on LULZ?

Anonymous

>when in others it’s some variant of the sun-god?
      Nowhere in Europe were Sun gods the chief gods, it’s always the father god, because they are all derived from the Aryan Sky Father.

Svetovid

He is GREEK GOD, the STRONG sperm.

Anonymous

>why are religions slightly different
      woah lad, what kind of clever question is that? Sun-gods are common but they are in no way the only existing default for polytheistic religions.

Anonymous

Meds: the thread

Anonymous

In Ynglynga saga it very clearly describes him leading his people out of north Eastern Ukraine. Odin was a newer ancestral deified god. He was not the same as Zeus, Indra, and Celtic Lugh.

Thor is more of a parallel to Herecles and Tyr looks more like the original sky father of the Norse pantheon. I think the Norse were separated by my time than even the Celtic or Italic Indo European populations.

Anonymous

he isn’t
      >Búri (Old Norse: [ˈbuːre]) is the father and genitor of all gods: the first god, the creator (Old Norse ‘producer, father’), an early ancestor of the Æsir. Búri was licked free from salty rime stones by the primeval cow Auðumbla over the course of three days.

also there are godlike giants, Jötunn, with their own primeval ancestor Ymir
      >several stanzas from four poems collected in the Poetic Edda refer to Ymir as a primeval being who was born from venom that dripped from the icy rivers called the Élivágar, and lived in the grassless void of Ginnungagap.

Anonymous

On the topic of Odin’s origins in Ukraine: isn’t it possible that the migration Snorri is talking about is actually a back-migration by Goths who had originally came from Scandinavia. That would explain the confusion with Scythians (or Turks lol) that the Goths picked up newer religious influences from the steppe and area around the Black Sea and then this spread backwards up through eastern Europe, to island of Gotland and into the Scandinavian peninsula. If I’m not mistaken archaeological records of Odin isn’t present before the migration era.

Anonymous

>Why is Odin the paternal head of the Norse pantheon

he isn’t. it’s Tyr.

>deus pater = "sky father"
      >zeus
      >jupiter
      >tiwaz

Anonymous

He’s a WHG or BHG god.

Anonymous

Someone put it in a way which made sense to me.
      Towards the end, the Norse civilization was being converted, it could have empowered young Nords to keep their tradition and spirit by following Odin by means of self sacrifice for magic, and not being subject.
      So Odin gets promoted more over other gods, not that he was more important at one time or another, though he did have a bunch of kids.

These were all Trojan aristocrats, wise men/woman, and their offspring.

Anonymous

>sun-god
      You mean storm god?

Anonymous

A better question is whether Tengri is a WHG god. And it’s far more likely.

Anonymous

Why would he be that?

Anonymous

Mongol Elites were WHG-derived, their dispersion created the Turkic race.

Viewing 56 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id