Why is it so hard to make a lightning to headphone jack adapter that can also charge

Home Forums Science & tech Why is it so hard to make a lightning to headphone jack adapter that can also charge

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why is it so hard to make a lightning to headphone jack adapter that can also charge and isn’t bulky as fuck?

I have owned three so far and all three were pieces of shit that either refused to charge and play audio at the same time or sent loud static to my headphones that almost ruptured my eardrums
      And they werent cheap either, 10-15 bucks each

Anonymous
        Anonymous

lol

Shut up droids

Anonymous

seethe cope dilate

Anonymous

woke af

Anonymous

basado

Anonymous

lol

Anonymous

Because it’s woke af on the Lightning connector, which is designed on USB 2, a 20 year old specification that was never designed for something like this.

Anonymous

OP defending his iToy in 3, 2, 1…

Anonymous

just go wireless, scrotebrain

Anonymous

go wireless OP its what apple wants and i see no problem with it. when youre listening to music on mobile youre not that concerned about quality so having wired isnt needed like it is with a stationary setup for best quality

Bluetooth sucks for music quality
        It barely even makes the subwoofer move in my car while on aux it shakes the whole chassis

>durr phone quality dac sucks
        Modern smartphones have better audiochips than audiophile garbage from 10-15 years ago

Anonymous

Then stop using Apple. Why do iToddlers come here to complain

Anonymous

Android has the same issue

Anonymous

Dont buy the product that you dont like. You know all this before buying the product. Why act like you were tricked into buying a device with no headphone jack?

Anonymous

RIP Note… Last real Note phone was the Note9, I just don’t get why they have to water it down, it is a utility phone it should have a notch, jack, iris scanner if anything, that’s what the S line is for surly…. sigh…

Anonymous

Note and S are both "flagship"

They should be quite similar but Note should be bigger and have a stylus.
                Note is optimized for two handed use, S should be optimized for single handed use.
                It all got weird when regular phones became even bigger than "phablets".

Anonymous

>one samsung phone is all of android
              my pixel 4a doesn’t suffer from this issue

Anonymous

Only scamdroids. Use a pixel 4a or some chinkshit if you don’t care about security, and you’ll be just fine.

Anonymous

>Bluetooth sucks for music quality
          >It barely even makes the subwoofer move in my car while on aux it shakes the whole chassis

Why would Bluetooth affect the amount of bass?
          The lowest audio frequencies are the easiest to transmit since they contain the least information.

I’ll bet it was nothing to do with Bluetooth itself, but how your specific Bluetooth receiver outputs the sound (it could be a shit DAC the equalizer settings)

Anonymous

shut the fuck up bass head scrotebrain. you clearly don’t know shit about audio or hifi, if you’ve got a such a shit car that the chassis shakes when you turn the bass up on you DEADMAU5 edm shit then you’re prolly too much of a poorscrote to know how good real audiophile equiment from even the 60s is. quit larping about bluetooth quality when you clearly don’t know shit about how bluetooth works either. bluetooth transmits at a bitrate of around 264kbps. since you’re definitely either a zoomer or a scrotebrain you’re most likely using spotify which streams at a bitrate of 160kbps. what the audiophile fuckheads don’t want you to know is that both of these numbers are fine because good music is still good music, doesn’t really matter how well it is reproduced. however, whether you have a higher or lower bitrate the amount of bass in the track remains the same. what gets cut out at lower bitrates is basically background noise at stuff at really high frequencies, the effect of which is there is less "space" between the instruments.

anyway im short, fuck you

Anonymous

>anyway im short
            No wonder you are so angry

Anonymous

go wireless OP its what apple wants and i see no problem with it. when youre listening to music on mobile youre not that concerned about quality so having wired isnt needed like it is with a stationary setup for best quality

Anonymous

>i see no problem with it
        Delay, poor quality, shit bitrate, bluetooth uses the exact same wavelenght as Wifi leading to even worse reception then you can imagine.

I will never buy a phone without a jack
        I will never buy a phone without a removable battery
        I will never buy a phone with an OLED display that gets burn-in and forces the user to upgrade in only a couple years

Do modern phones with these 3 criteria even exist today?

Anonymous

>Do modern phones with these 3 criteria even exist today?
          Not sure. My phone is 3 years old and meets that criteria, and I never upgrade a phone unless I’ve completely beaten the shit out of it and actually broke the thing beyond usage.
          But regardless, let’s say it’s now 2024 and I finally *need* to upgrade and I can’t find a new phone that meets those criteria. I’ll still just find an old/used phone from years back that does. Not like you need a bleeding edge processor and ultra 4K meme display on a 5" phone just to browse web pages, text, watch youtube videos, and listen to music.

Anonymous

>
        when youre listening to music on mobile youre not that concerned about quality so having wired isnt needed like it is with a stationary setup for best quality
        I may not be concerned by quility much outdoors on the move, but in home I do. Whha? I need separate mp3 player fro my wired headphones? Fuck no.

Anonymous

Just charge with MagSafe and use bluetooth for audio. Presence or absence of a port on bottom should not effect your apple experience.

Anonymous

They’re specifically designed to make you switch to bluetooth garbage.

Anonymous

>buying a phone without a jack
      You reap what you sow.

Anonymous

How’s the sound quality if I use a lightning to jack adapter? I have an Audio-Technica ATH-M50x btw

Anonymous

varies from unusabe to desktop amp/dac quality. you have to look up the measurements because the price has nothing to do with the quality. there are literally over hundred dollar dongles that perform worse than the standard apple one. how powerful you need depends on the impedance and sensitivity of your phones.

Anonymous

As a starting point, how’s the standard Apple adapter? I just want the same quality as your usual headphone jack on other Apple devices.

Anonymous

the apple dongle has good DAC and does beat the built in DAC and amplification of most phones.

Anonymous

Shame it costs what, 60 bucks? Or something stupid like that

Anonymous

i thought it was $9

Anonymous

I was thinking of the chrger version but cant seem to find it. I was thinking of something else probably

Anonymous

just freaking use wireless charging

Anonymous

I will never buy a phone without a jack
      I will never buy a phone without a removable battery
      I will never buy a phone with an OLED display that gets burn-in and forces the user to upgrade in only a couple years

Anonymous

page 2 of amazon.

Anonymous

>will probably break after 3 uses
        >have to carry a big ass adapter
        no thanks

Anonymous

How would you design a smaller adapter?

Anonymous

By, hear me out on this, including a 3.5mm jack on the phone

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id