Why is Microsoft Edge so good?

Home Forums Science & tech Why is Microsoft Edge so good?

• This topic has 58 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

why is it so good?

Anonymous

>still in beta for linux
      🙁

Anonymous

It is objectively awful from a privacy perspective, and probably the worst choice in that regard. The only reason to use it would be of you prefer its UX. Vivaldi, Brave, Firefox, IceCat, and many other browsers offer more features, and far more control over settings related to privacy and security.

Anonymous

neither vivaldi nor brave are any better with privacy, the other two are reasonable

Anonymous

>neither vivaldi nor brave are any better with privacy
          Demonstrably false. Both are light years ahead of Edge in terms of privacy, especially Brave (so long as you’re not opted in to some of the rewards / crypto stuff). Edge doesn’t have contextual fingerprint randomization, DoH configuration on the fly, customizable ad-block woke af on uBO, proxied safe-browsing requests, full fledged HTTPS enforcement woke af on EFF rulesets (as opposed to Google or MS), encrypted sync chains that can be locally hosted, the option to completely disable webrtc, and so much more. Vivaldi has some of those features, and Brave has all of them. I wouldn’t expect anyone who willingly and enthusiastically cucks themselves for Microsoft to give a shit, but those are the facts.

Anonymous

>contextual fingerprint randomization, DoH configuration on the fly
            memes

>woke af on ubo
            native extension is ideal

>full fledged HTTPS enforcement
            but it does

>encrypted sync chains that can be locally hosted
            this is good

>the option to disable webrtc
            is available

brave is unironically less trusthworthy as a company as well

Anonymous

>arguing with a scrotebrained brave shill
              OMG what is u doin

Anonymous

>arguing with a scrotebrained microcuck shill

Anonymous

pure cope, stupidity, decontextualization, and lies. if you trust MS more than Brave, you’re a complete scrotebrain. brave took a huge risk suing the shit out of google for nefarious user tracking practices recently too. imagine MS doing that.

Anonymous

What are you siss doing on an internet browser that you need these many privacy enhancers. I just go on /b/ and jerk off to traps.

Anonymous

>jerk off to traps
              NGL, but this be pretty woke af TBQH. Fr fr, no cap, on god yo.

Anonymous

It’s for systemic privacy not personal privacy. Even you shitposting on /b/ is data that is valuable.

Anonymous

I hate all the shills as well but Brave is the best one in terms of privacy
          Also it is the only one with built-in ad blocker

Anonymous

>more features
        Incorrect at this point. Firefox has dumbed itself down and will continue to do so. Edge has improved their vertical tabs and have all convenience features of Firefox with more compatibility with sites. Vivaldi is better if you like customization, moreso than Firefox.

Anonymous

>have all convenience features
          does it have reader view, screenshot utility, fully customizable interface with CSS, multi-account containers, search from address-bar only bookmarks/tabs/history via keyword, optional search bar, dev tools that doesn’t suck shit, back/forward/reload/favorite on right-click, quick find with /?

Anonymous

I didn’t even have to look to know the answer is yes to all of these, what? Firescrotes aren’t even trying anymore.

Anonymous

Edge does not have:
              >fully customizable interface with CSS
              >multi-account containers
              >optional search bar
              In fact, Firefox and others in the gecko/Mozilla family are the only browsers which have the first two features at all. Full stop.

Anonymous

probably doesn’t have any of the other things either
                edgescrotes are just microsuckers

Anonymous

Because it’s woke af off chromium and MS has put resources into making it better.
      https://mspoweruser.com/microsoft-touts-their-contributions-to-chromium-development/

Edge already is more resource efficient while having favorably features like getting rid of the huge download bar at the bottom, making integrated verrical tabs, etc. etc.
      Edge://flags also has unique settings not available on other chromium-woke af browsers. The list goes.

Anonymous

>getting rid of the huge download bar at the bottom
        what they changed it with?

Anonymous

same as firefox

Anonymous
            Anonymous

cool
            does it allows you copy download link, open containing directory, and pdf provide you a choice of opening either in built-in or system viewer?

Anonymous

yes

Anonymous

but it doesn’t

Anonymous

>But…but… IT DOESNT!!!!!!!
                  Step 1: Cope
                  Step 2: Seethe

Anonymous

Nice try glowies 🙂

Anonymous

Microsoft does this magical thing where they make stuff always run in the background, so opening Edge and Windows Explorer feels lightning fast.

Whereas, on Linux / Mac, you always have to freaking wait that whole second for your file and web browsers to launch.

Anonymous

That’s not my experience at all. On arch with brave and an ssd it’s fast.

Anonymous

Same on Fedora. Firefox, Brave and Vivaldi launch immediately. I only see recognizable lag with web browsers on my boxes that still use HDDs.

Anonymous

It’s Chrome with a different theme

Anonymous

I don’t think that it’s a good browser but if you’re on windows and trying to reduce the botnet, it’s better than sharing with more people. Keep the degeneracy within the Microsoft family

Anonymous

Better version of chrome.

Anonymous

Just use MalePoon and quit being a scrote now.

Anonymous

I love it

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/IH49HQX.gif

I use it for vertical tabs and collections. It’s reader view and PDF reader and downloads location are great improvement over Chrome too. On mobile it has adblock so that solved the need for Brave on mobile while Chrome on desktop which is why I initially switched because i like sync. Yup I’m on team Microsoft again for the first time since IE on Windows 98. Hatters gonna hat.

Anonymous

I also like Edge. It’s my work browser and great with PDFs and lightning fast and secure. You can toggle off all the globohomo features, but lets be real, You’re on a windows OS and intel chip then there are backdoors and they spy on you already. Anti-Edge users are just being autists. For a Daily Driver browser and shopping online, doing work/research it’s quite excellent.

Anonymous

shill thread

Anonymous

vivaldi is better

Anonymous

True fact

Anonymous

bloatvaldi

Anonymous

It’s a good browser for normies but in terms of privacy, it’s even worse than chrome

Anonymous

yes it does all of what you’ve listed here

Anonymous

Vertical bar and good battery life

Anonymous

why i only can add 10 quick links? that’s scrotebrained

Anonymous

literally the best browser for anyone that’s not a privacy scrotebrain

SAFSPRIN
      ADRAVIL

Anonymous

>why is it so good?
      it is not

Anonymous

https://chromereleases.googleblog.com/

>good

Chrome has been at 94 for 2 days now while Edge still stuck at 93

Edge will always be behind on security updates

Anonymous

>chudfox cuck talks about security
        Why do I come to this shit board.

Anonymous

Genuinely, why shouldn’t I use this browser? Privacy modified firefox just kind of shits it’s pants a lot and is quite slow in comparison to stock chromium on my laptop

Anonymous

Your homepage/new tab page is not even local, it’s fetched from the internet.
        I shit you not, not even Chrome does this.
        https://techdows.com/2020/02/disable-microsoft-chromium-edge-new-tab-page-with-this-hosts-file-hack.html

This is why there’s a slight delay when you open a new tab page compared to other browsers even though Edge is by far the snappiest Chromium woke af browser I’ve tried.
        That’s about what bothers me in it though, this is easily disabled and you could just install an addon that changes your new tab page to a better one instead anyway. The scrolling is incredibly smooth and responsive and it’s pleasant just going around on the internet like that.

Anonymous

I like the new tab tho, it’s pretty and all

Anonymous

actually true

the only thing I dislike is that it has smooth scrolling which is jarring compared to chrome’s more ratcheted scrolling, but it’s still better in every possible way compared to Chrome, Vivaldi and FF

Anonymous

how did we come to a point where chromium (and chrome) becomes the one browser with the least amount of bloat and feature creep compared to other ones

Anonymous

I’m sick of modifying FF’s UI every update. I give up. Time for a new browser.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id