Why is atheism becoming more common?

Home Forums General & off-topic Why is atheism becoming more common?

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why is atheism becoming more common? On a side note my coworker unironically wore this shirt today

Anonymous

Christians are becoming increasingly hypocritical / disconnected from the zeitgeist.

All the Christians I know around my age (early 20s) only go to Church twice a year (Christmas & Easter) at most and still feel the need to post Bible verses on their tinder / instragram / facebook ad nauseam. It’s annoying enough to drive a lot of otherwise agnostics to a sense of reluctant atheism

Anonymous

>On a side note my coworker unironically wore this shirt today
      Hopefully they were roasted, that’s so completely cringe.
      >Why is atheism becoming more common?
      Where?

Anonymous

Rising IQ.

Anonymous

The none meme answer is that religions are unable to answer the questions people are asking

Anonymous

Wouldn’t the natural response then be to lean toward agnosticism? Why militant atheism?

Anonymous

Because the religious are also terrible to be near, which forms a very bad impression.
          Very holier-than-thou, often hypocrites.

Anonymous

Agnosticism, if there was an honest count, would dwarf either the religious or militant atheists. There’s a bigger bias at this point against people who don’t claim to know, because the religious say they’re going to hell and are demented bad people who would literally murder baybees, and the Militant Atheists say they’re big dum dum poo poo heads to pretend not to know there’s no god. Silent majority.

Anonymous

Woke af

Anonymous

Agnostics are cowards dominated by religious nuts. If you’ve found your way out of your birth religion you can tell that none of the other ones are right either. Agnostics fear the enormous number of religious zealots in the world so they avoid hinting to them that they think their God is a hoax. Sensible given how upset that makes some people but definitely not courageous. Lying about your beliefs feels bad, atheists are agnostics that have stopped lying.

Anonymous

What questions are people asking that you think atheism is answering?

Anonymous

Honestly this. For thousands of years while had little understanding of how the natural world works, and so they created religious explanations for it. Now we have the scientific knowledge to answer so many of those questions and it is at odds with the world’s religions preach. Some religious people try to reconcile their scriptures with science, but it rarely holds up under real scrutiny. It’s not really hard to understand why religion is on the decline.

Anonymous

Because God is on the side of the communists and the anti-Imperialists and the decadent liberals of the West need to justify their Randian and Harrisite imperialism and degeneracy. God is real, Christ is King and America is Sodom and Gomorrah. China is the fastest Christianizing nation on the earth and they will bring the fight to the American synagogue of Satan, critically.

Read Hegel.

Anonymous

meds

Anonymous

I am on meds. I went so far left I got my God back. The Book of Revelation is a command of what to do against American and the ZOG.

Anonymous

holy woke af schizo

Anonymous

>Why is atheism becoming more common
      it was more common in the 2000s

Anonymous

Atheism =/= not believing in God/gods

Anonymous

It isn’t, though. Atheism was a fad that died in 2012. If you mean agnostic, then that’s just people not giving a shit either way, which is a state of mind on the rise in a multitude of fields.
      >On a side note my coworker unironically wore this shirt today
      Why do you work with middle schoolers?

Anonymous

Materialism makes it difficult to understand what religions are talking about. Comfort makes it difficult to not get distracted from it. We live in the most materialistic and comfortable/luxurious era on Earth.
      >my coworker unironically wore this shirt today
      Cringe.

Anonymous

Drink the koolaid, suck your pastor’s dick, pay the tithe, obey your masters.

Anonymous

>obey your masters
          Atheists admitting they’re just trying to rebel is beyond memeful.

Anonymous

>lobotomies
          >gays considered mentally ill
          >racial science
          and now
          >cutting off your penis, creating a fake vagina, and injecting hormones for those as young as children
          >widespread and untested drug prescriptions for children
          TRUST THE SCIENCE!

Anonymous

What is that F supposed to represent?

Anonymous

Caligraphy I think

Anonymous

>pooping on Taoism and Shintoism
      What’s funny is that the same type of people who would wear this shirt or support its aims probably are Japanophiles and or obsessed with yoga.

Anonymous

we just had a thread about how atheism has fizzled out .

Anonymous

That lengthy essay about how New Atheism basically committed suicide once normies took over the internet and the age of debating died was a genuinely fascinating read. I’d love to have had that fleshed out further and turned into a book.

Anonymous

I think McLuhan has the best take on this, he claims television and technology has made everyone tribal, and before that, christianity has been woke af as a scholastic phenomena. Society is not visually oriented now but rather acoustically, individuals with goals have gone by the wayside and the need for a corporate identity has briskly taken over the subjects of modern society.

Anonymous

One of the thing about religion is that
      many religious people not only ignore their rites (like going to chirch and actually following their laws), but they are also having their own shizo versions of the bible. I swear, every time I argue about religion for more then a few minutes with one guy, he starts to unravel his own distorted headcanon. Most have only a very shallow understanding of their own religion, so when they face a question that they are not ready for, they start to throw random bullshit at you. I feel like there are hundreds of different bibles which people read and they automatically thing that they are talking about the same thing.
      You actually start to understand that middle age priests disallowing peasants to read the bible by themselves was very much justified.

Anonymous

*automatically think

Anonymous

Religion existed to explain the unknown and provide moral guidance. Now science has answered many of those questions and religiousscrotes have shown how immoral they can be.

Anonymous

Science doesn’t answer metaphysical questions though

Anonymous

Like what?

Anonymous

Neither does religions, though
          made-up answers are not answers :~)

Anonymous

I’m not trying to validate religion, I’m asking why atheism is a funcitonal alternative if it does essentially the same thing

Anonymous

This could be seen as Islamophobic and antisemitic in France and have him fined and jailed lmao

Anonymous

Atheism has become a fanatic religion on its own

Anonymous

Is it? I remember the Dawkins crowd was really loud back in the 2000s, now I barely see them outside of r/atheism.

Anonymous

Most posters on LULZ are from North America and Europe where Christianity and religion have seen an unprecedented decline in the past few generations, accelerating to its highest speed ever long every year consecutive year.
        People belonging to a church are now a minority now in America. It’s not hard to see religion losing a massive amount of influence on culture in those regions in the past generation alone,

I think they’re talking about that.

Anonymous

New Atheism as movement fizzled out practically completely, but casual atheism / agnosticism is has became much more common. The booming of atheism doesn’t manifest itself as people who read Dawkins or actively campaign that there’s no god, it manifests itself as a reality where less and less people even think about religions in the first place.

Anonymous

people look down at philosophy now and see it as merely political and as a tool. The same with metaphysics that have been destroyed by a positivist elite (intelectual)

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id