Why does every linux distro have a different community? Do scrotebrains just all think alike?

Home Forums Science & tech Why does every linux distro have a different community? Do scrotebrains just all think alike?

Viewing 69 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why does every linux distro have a different community? Do scrotebrains just all think alike?

Anonymous

What’s wrong with PopOS. I am very happy with it.

Anonymous

LULZ likes being contrarian and elitist over stupid crap no one cares about.
        I use gnu/guix btw

Anonymous

I am to sis, guix is great.

Anonymous

My opinion: gnome is ugly, repo is out of date, it’s basically Mint for NVidia cards

>you can change all that
        Yeah, and I mean that’s the power of linux but at some point you’re changing so much you’re not using the original distro you’re using your own spin

Anonymous

>just a ubuntu bastard child
        >no choice of DE, forced to use gnome with their shitty changes
        the exact opposite of newb and user friendliness as most probably don’t even know they can change the DE let alone know how to.
        >muh nvidia drivers preinstalled
        even on windows you might have to install graphic drivers yourself so im sure linux users can too. AMD seemingly ignored?
        Theres probably more wrong with it, basically don’t bother with all these bastard distros they are almost always worse.

I think its mostly just popular because people like techshrek shill for it.

Anonymous

>I think its mostly just popular because people like techshrek shill for it.

No, it is popular because you can just install it and do your work. It is actually the first debian-woke af distro I have used that just worked out of the box. Wonderful experience, what more do I want?

Anonymous

Zorin looks better. The only catch is its on a LTS only.

Anonymous

It’s a better ubuntu but that’s like saying it’s a more polished turd

Anonymous

Linus Tech Tips promotes it so LULZ has to hate it

Anonymous

Very specific nitpick:
        It perfectly replicates the commercial linux model of leeching as much as possible without providing anything worthwhile back to the community, but they also don’t have the money and manpower to do anything of note even then.
        And that’s from a linux hardware vendor too. It’s exactly how the Jolla phone has existed as a viable linux smartphone for eight years, being the longest officially supported smartphone in history, and yet nothing the parent company has done has helped make other linux smartphone systems viable. It takes a company like Purism, who can’t even ship a smartphone, to make any contribution to the wider ecosystem. And what they do isn’t outwardly that different from what System76, Canonical, even Solus or Mint do, they maintain linux distributions, the difference being Purism interacts with upstream, as do Endless and Elementary.
        And that’s why everything from Red Hat, Purism, Endless and Elementary ends up in Arch, Gentoo, Fedora and Debian, but nothing from Solus, Pop_OS or Ubuntu does.
        Just think of how often GNOME gets forked. My assumption is that every time someone forks GNOME it’s good enough for them to build upon, so the only reason to fork is because they don’t want to build GNOME with GNOME. Make your own distro and your own desktop, and you have your perfect setup. Now what? Wait a year or two and it will be dead. Upstream has left you behind. And no one will know of what you did. Meanwhile the other guys fail to ship a smartphone and as a consequence your old linux tablet becomes usable without a mouse.

Anonymous

It works on my machine tho

Anonymous

I hate debian-woke af distros altogether. Installing software on them is a pain in the ass compared to arch (and derivatives) where literally everything is in the AUR and just werks. In distros like ubuntu it’s just annoying having a dozen different potential ways you might have to install something. apt vs snap vs manually adding ppas blah blah blah. Fuck all that shit.

Anonymous

i dont know what youre talking about, i dont even know what a """distro""" is – since every one of them is exactly the same. youre delusional and insane

Anonymous

Under what category would OpenSUSE Leap users fall?

Anonymous

German trannie category, they are a special category because, there is nothing as repulsive as a German trannie.

Anonymous

>there is nothing as repulsive as a German trannie.
          Can confirm.

Anonymous

same as mint i guess

Anonymous

where does slack fall on this list? with void?

Anonymous

>arch bad
      kys. t. debian user

Anonymous

arch bad
        t. devuan user

Anonymous

>arch good
        underage scrotebrain

Anonymous

debian bad
        t. devuan user

Anonymous

devuan good
          t. artix user

Anonymous

>ubuntu
      should be an image of an employed white male with kids and a loving wife

Anonymous

Should be an image of a hobo jacking off at the library.

Anonymous

me at the top

Anonymous

Where is Linux From Scratch?

Anonymous
        Anonymous

fitting that it’s a puzzle piece

Anonymous

Not a distro.

Anonymous

>Not a distro.

Because you create the distro.

Anonymous

You just admitted that it isn’t a distribution. Its more like a handbook if anything.

Anonymous

Yes and no, it’s essentially a barebones linux system and though you have to compile and configure everything yourself it is still technically a pre-defined environment around the linux kernel.

Anonymous

◻⧫ NixOS

Anonymous

nixos is utter shit compared to Guix.

Anonymous

let’s consider nixos
          >more featureful
          >exactly as much ability to limit yourself to free software as guix
          >more packages
          >packages have more maintainers because it’s a bigger distro
          >each of those packages exposes more options
          >dont have to learn guile if you dont know it, and dont have to learn a thousand arbitrary api hooks that have been added on to guile even if you do know guile
          >instead just need to learn a very simple little syntax that’s far less verbose
          >arguably a better tool for the job than guile because exactly 0% of the time when writing nix/guix do you need the complex control flow etc etc etc features of guile
          >uses an init system that is actually tested and audited by more than the ten users of guix
          guix has literally nothing to offer you over nix. you might be able to argue that it has more potential because of guile or something but
          1) it isn’t clear that guix has a future to be able to live up to that potential
          2) nix’s expression language is exactly the right tool for the job and guile is using a crane to bring your groceries into the house
          3) woke af on literally every conceivable standard, nix is currently better than guix

Anonymous

Its obvious he hasn’t used either and just fell for a meme post on here, like most people really. guix has nothing to offer over nixos apart from being a freetard distro by default instead of having to add one line in your configuration on nixos.

Anonymous

even worse nixos is already freetard by default. you have to manually allow non libre licenses on nixos.

Anonymous

right i forgot that allowUnfree is actually false by default.

Anonymous

nixos bonked me in the ass because it’s freetard os and it has disableUnfree = true; by default, so no updated drivers, microcode. I had 5 fps in gnome and then i understood why

Anonymous

yeah it’s really the first thing you should do (i would say "on install" but nixos is so woke af you only have to do it once in the entire time you use nixos across infinitely many machines). i mean to be fair most people will run into this first when they go to install a package that requires it to be set to off, at which point it tells you what to do. what you described is like annoying ig but its honestly pretty woke af that nix is smart enough to automatically use freetard drivers and shit for gnome vs good proprietary ones depending on what your licensing settings are.

Anonymous

I don’t understand why Mint even exist still. It used to be a modified Ubuntu with some non free Codec and drivers, like mp3 support when it was restricted.

Now it’s a showcase for obscure DE, that’s all it got over Ubuntu. Pop is what Mint used to be.

Anonymous

>obscure DE
        i hope you die honestly

Anonymous

Mint is more popular than poopOS.

Anonymous

>poopOS
        >just a gnome reskin
        >relevant

Anonymous

I also don’t understand the reason Mint exists when you already have Debian/Ubuntu. Useless developer/community fragmentation.

Anonymous

because in order to get converts from windows you need a distro that breaks all the time and a ui that looks really bad or else windows users will feel uncomfortable

Anonymous

>Kali

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/rm8mz45.gif

Is Kali even worth it?

Anonymous

No it’s useless unless you do pentesting for work.

Anonymous

No it’s useless unless you do pentesting for work.

if you do pentesting for work you have your own de
          Kali is for learning and convenience

Anonymous

t. never worked a day in his life doing penetration testing
            anything else you wanna say to make yourself look more like a time wasting ricescrote?

Anonymous

you’re right, the average pentester is a freaking scrotebrain that just run scripts and write reports of what their automatic tools find out
              Kali is perfect for them because they can’t install software and when they try just can’t avoid freaking up their installation, so liveusb or snapshotted VM is the only way to make them productive

Anonymous

Actually he has Mint on the battlestation, and occasionally live boots Kali from a USB drive

Anonymous

>kali

Anonymous

Where’s the burnt out wage slave needing to deal with CentOS 6?

Anonymous

I’m very much a straight white man and I use arch happily. Shrugs.

Anonymous

you will never be a woman

Anonymous

I never claimed I wanted to be. *Shrugs*

Anonymous

sneed and feed and cringe and yikes and have sex and touch grass actually though

Anonymous

>Sneed and feed
              I don’t watch the Simpsons
              >Cringe and yikes
              Cringe all you want, I like arch and having up to date software and aur
              >Have sex
              I have 2 kids, no thanks. I’m 37 and my wife isn’t pretty anymore. We still do it from time to time but that phase of my life is over.
              >Touch grass actually though
              I just mowed the lawn 2 days ago. I don’t do drugs.

Anonymous

sneedcel

Anonymous

Which DE/WM do you use?

Anonymous

Kde plasma

Anonymous

>Milf wife
                >Not pretty anymore
                You are not only a 40yo virgin lying scrote, you are the biggest homosexual in this board too.

Anonymous

sneed

Anonymous

OpenSUSE

Anonymous

>yet another freaking woe-jack post
      >>Do scrotebrains just all think alike?
      Correct.

Anonymous

autistic screeching thread
      >my linux better than your linux
      You people are a joke.

Anonymous

smoke my pole position you low down sewer rat son of a bitch

Anonymous

i agree with this statement. regards, david

Anonymous

take your meds

Anonymous

you first

Anonymous

Chad needs to be OpenSUSE

Anonymous

OpenSUSE

chameleon openpepe siss together strong

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/uOTbPEc.gif

Linux From Scratch

Anonymous

Terry used Ubuntu

Anonymous

>Why does every linux distro have a different community?
      Because of scrotebrains like you.

/thread

Anonymous

Made a few additions and fixed a few mistakes

Anonymous

reminder terry used ubuntu

Anonymous

and he was mentally ill

Anonymous

Aren’t we all brotha

Arch Developer

Arch is about to update it’s terms of service to include "sexuality"
      There is no explicit list of topics considered to be “trollish”, controversial or provocative, but in the past, posts pertaining to Religion, Sports, Race, Nationalism, Sexuality and Politics have invariably been closed. We will no longer tolerate this kind of behavior within our ecosystem. We are simply done allowing people who feel the need to insert themselves into every aspect of life who offer no quality in their contributions other than it seems to start arguments. If you don’t like the new terms of service, you don’t need to be using arch Linux.

Anonymous

>If you don’t like the new terms of service, you don’t need to be using arch Linux.
        Is that not already the beauty of Linux though? Bait post, yes, but a good jumping off point for discussion.

Arch Developer

I honestly don’t care what you use personally but you will not be legally allowed to use our likeness to support your cause and we will be litigating all who do.

Anonymous

You have made the critical mistake like so many that came before you of thinking that even this is enough to stop them. In fact this is like shouting from the rooftops that you WANT them to pursue their ends even more fervently.
            You have to explicitly oppose them, or they WILL subvert what you have until it becomes a mouthpiece for their cause(s).

Arch Developer

Yeah we have a plan. Enough is enough. Any discussion in our forums will be met with an instant ban. We will be making a public statement about it soon. We understand that you’re trying to live your truth, but our platform is not that place to figure it out. Your sexuality is not a technical aspect. Arch is not a safe space for you. Go use literally anything else.

Anonymous

a8 scrotes, a8 trannies jus want me pure linux distro, simple as

Anonymous

I cannot tell if u are anti skittles or not

Anonymous

cool larp bro

Anonymous

ULTRA OMG this.

[…]

You either have a cuckold fetish or project your situation onto us. If you want women to respect you, you need to put your pants on and say enough is enough. And stop fapping to NTR.

Anonymous

kek

Anonymous

Shut up scrotebrain.

Anonymous

im racist though, y’know? I’M A RACIST – i only use RACIST distros, y’hear me? know what im saying man??

Anonymous

nice if true

Anonymous

imagine roleplaying as an arch dev

Anonymous

lmfao you can ban us from your forums but we’ll just harass you on the fediverse, on LULZ, in other open source projects. Arch will die in a week without us gays. Enjoy your ddos btw!

Anonymous

Too late buddy. The poz has already set in

Arch Developer

I don’t care who uses it, it doesn’t change the fact that it’s unanimous among us that we aren’t supportive of the LGBT "community".
          >Some gay guy owns a computer therefore all people who own computers are now magically gay.
          Fuck off.

Anonymous
            Anonymous

>among us

Anonymous

t. scrote here
          this annoys me to see – i hate how LGBT shit is shoehorned into every freaking thing

Anonymous

where is guixsd / nixos

Anonymous

>distro wars
      You’re all scrotebrained, it’s all the same.

Anonymous

spot on chart
      literally no reason to use anything other than fedora or debian

Anonymous

Debian belongs in chud, OpenSUSE and Fedora is the chads.

Anonymous

see

Made a few additions and fixed a few mistakes

Anonymous

Debian is a server distro

Anonymous

Debian is a chud distro.

Anonymous

Why?

Anonymous

Because the anons above use arch btw. Theres nothing chud about debian and you can just boot the live version and see yourself. It just looks bare

Anonymous

It’s not. In fact it’s the only distro that isn’t completely taken over by leftards as in the end the cancel/support stallman decision was polled and the do nothing option had the most votes.

Anonymous

>"What distro do I use?" Uhhh linux? I don’t really know, listen anon, I’ve got to get some work done. Boss said get your shit together or you’re out. I guess your desktop looks pretty nice with all the matching colors and whatnot though. See you at the meeting on Friday."

Anonymous

this anon really aspires to a max tier corporate cuck, amazing

Anonymous

>anon, HOW DARE YOU have fun instead serving our capitalist overlord ?

Anonymous

I want to use Arch instead Ubuntu now. I don’t want to be scrotebrained

Anonymous

I have Ubuntu since it’s the first distro I installed, and care not enough to switch to anything else, because it works just fine.

Anonymous

for me, it’s Zorin

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Where Solus?

Anonymous

Is arch the only one with half decent documentation because women have more emotional intelligence, and trans women are women?

Anonymous

which linux distro has most trans people?

Anonymous

in what category would Plan 9 and 9front users be ?

Anonymous

Thanks, but I’ll be sticking with gentoo.

Anonymous

Kodachibros?

Anonymous

aww man why am I a chud? why is manjaro so bad? It’s good in my opinion because it was what I downloaded, and I’m too lazy to go swap it out for another thing.

Anonymous

>aww man why am I a chud?
        You tell us.

Anonymous

what’s so bad about manjaro? I like it because it makes my battery last long, if there was an ungoogled chromeos I’d run that.

Anonymous

isn’t void linux the defacto chud OS?

Anonymous

Anyone has that debian article/screenshot about an event made to bring more woman to the project and do a shit ton of virtual signaling, just for it to get flooded with trannies and bad pr?

Anonymous

>83681923
      Loser alerta

Anonymous

i will never be a woman lol

Anonymous

lmao

Anonymous

Where’s rocky?

Anonymous

[…]

who asked

Anonymous

I use ElementaryOS
      I don’t care about DE
      I don’t care about systemd or whatever stupid shit LULZ seethes about on a regular basis
      I installed it because it worked first ootb on my computer and it’s not windows.
      I use the basic-bitch programs it comes with except for the music app because I’m used to Foobar2000 from windows.

I don’t care if your distro is better, mine just works.

Anonymous

Lubuntu chads win again

Anonymous

[…]

Mass replying is reddit. Leave the board now.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Holy shit, shut your cock sucker about distros. Whatever works for people works.

Anonymous

Everyone always forgets the OpenPEPE

Anonymous

What really happened to gobo?

Anonymous

It appears Ubuntu’s superiority has caused some controversy on LULZ. Stay mad good sirs, stay mad.

Anonymous

ubuntu is just bloated bullshit

Anonymous

Works great for my home office PC

Anonymous

>a distros job is package distribution
      >the distinction between distros lies in their respective approach to package distribution
      >this approach is formed by the worldview of the founder(s)/maintainers
      >users gravitate towards a distro that distributes packages in a way that best fits their idea of how to optimally do things
      >users that accumulate around a distro have a higher-than-random overlap in their worldview
      i don’t understand what’s surprising about this?

Anonymous

Just freetards being freetards. What’s new in this?

Anonymous

> why does every forum woke af on a different model of car have its own user base?

Anonymous

Can you update this image? Manjaroo is for scrotebrained trannies and I’m autistic, not scrotebrained.

Anonymous

Everything I like = chad
      Everything you like = chud

Anonymous

there is no suitable distro for non servers/regular users as of 2021, at least 10 years of windows hell before the gnu linux work starts to catch up

Anonymous

Reminder that this is unironically anons changing their choice of distro right now woke af on this image.

Anonymous

distro hopping is just one of many manifestations of schizo you will find here, along with obsession with trans

Anonymous

All meme have some truth to them

Anonymous

What’s the point with Debian when you have Mint?

Anonymous

Want to try something new, should I go for fedora or endeavor, currently on poopos primarily for gaymen

Anonymous

Why is Manjaro a chud wtf? It’s literally LM

Anonymous

where is opensuse?

Anonymous

busy updating the entire os due to glibc for the 4th time this year

Anonymous

literally just use ubuntu. there’s no need for anything more unless you are NEET

Anonymous

The op is a bot util prove otherwise

Anonymous

>bot
        OP here, this tier list isn’t even biased because I daily drive arch. The community is 90% scrotebrained trannies and zoomers.

Anonymous

>83681923
      Take your meds.

Anonymous

You guys are nerd. I literally just downloaded manjaro because it looked good and it gives me more FPS when woke afgaming so I don’t give a shit

Anonymous

FUCK. nerds* sóygaming*

Anonymous

for what it’s worth I actually get slightly higher performance on arch vs manjaro all else equal.

Anonymous

>disregarding Ubuntu
      And they wonder why no one uses Linux.

Anonymous

Artix gang

Anonymous

Solid chart.

Fedora for desktop, debian for servers. Everything else is a waste of time.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/cFc7nGc.gif

Which distro has the nicest community

Anonymous

OK since this thread exists I might as well ask here.
      I’m thinking about switching my old Thinkpad E to Linux just to try it. I’ve been using Windows since W95 never used anything Apple in my life and never used anything Linux related in my life.
      I’ve been doing some research this morning and these are alternatives generally recommended:
      Pop!_OS
      Zorin OS
      Mint
      Manjaro

Can I get some quick summary of those so I can choose. No meme answers please. Yes, I understand that manjaro is Arch woke af while others are Ubuntu woke af (and Arch is supposed to be not user friendly) but since I never udes either of those I’m not sure how big issue this could actually be.

Also I’ve never done any programming in my life except when we were doing html/css web pages as a school homework ages ago.

Anonymous

>and Arch is supposed to be not user friendly
        that’s not actually true. The only hurdle with arch is (was) the installation process. But once it was installed it works fine just like anything else. And even then, installing arch is no longer a problem since it now comes with an installer that just asks you some questions and takes care of everything for you.

Of your choices I’d go with Manjaro since, being arch woke af, you have access to the AUR which makes installing programs a breeze. The others are ubuntu-woke af and I just generally don’t like how they do things.

Anonymous

Thanks.
          To me (as a complete noob) it seems that there are two main Linux tribes Ubuntu (Debian) and Arch and they just can’t get along.
          Than you have pariahs like Gentoo and Void but those are minority.

Viewing 69 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id