Why did they take away audio jacks?

Home Forums Science & Tech Why did they take away audio jacks?

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why did they take away our audio jacks? Is it because it reminded them of penetration? Or another reason?

Anonymous

I was once unenlightened like you, then I discovered Bluetooth. Try not being contrarian for 1 day and you’ll see the light.

Fuck cables.

Anonymous

garden gnomes

Zoom zoom

Anonymous

to force you to buy a bunch of bullshit bluetooth headphones, and then continuously rebuy them every other year because the battery goes to shit and you barely get more than an hour or two out of it.

thanks for the advice, shlomo.

Anonymous

>and then continuously rebuy them every other year because the battery goes to shit and you barely get more than an hour or two out of it.
          That’s why you buy a bluetooth receiver instead.

Anonymous

>Yes sir, may I have some more dongles please?

Anonymous

It’s not a dongle. You just keep it in your pocket. The only real benefit of bluetooth earphones is that you don’t have wires hanging out of your phone, and a bluetooth receiver achieves that. They’re also better than bluetooth earphones in at least two ways: better battery life, and the fact that you can use your existing earphones with them instead of whatever shitty drivers are in your overpriced bt earphones.

Anonymous

Yes, now I can set my phone down and walk away while enjoying the high quality music I would expect from a protocol never designed to transmit audio, but hacked together enough bullshit to make it work.

Anonymous

You put the receiver in one pocket and route the earphone cables up under a layer of clothing. This way you don’t have loose cables getting caught on things, and if you need to take your earphones out for a second, they will dangle in place from your collar. It would be very awkward to do this with them plugged directly into your phone. You’d have to have an extra length of the cable wound up in your pocket so that you could take your phone out without unplugging them.

Anonymous
                    Anonymous

why not have them cables under your shirt? did that back when I hit the gym + the cables help you take out and find your phone when you get messy. bluetooth headphones are most likely a solution in search for a problem and Mr Jack has been very good. perhaps the future may give us some soundwave emitting technology to be picked up by earphones (with replaceable batterys!). kinda like how you can shoot an optical lazer through a room and measure it’s length. bluetooth? no it was bad enough to send data through when we didn’t have phones with internet

Anonymous

You act like wired earbuds never experienced electrical shorts and failed after a few months to a years time.

Anonymous

This. The garden gnome always wants to sell you wireless things that run on proprietary batteries because it’s one of the most efficient ways to push forced obsolescence. The garden gnome fears the good old cord and plug.

Anonymous

Bluetooth has delay, impossible to watch a movie with a Bluetooth earbud

Anonymous

My Bluetooth headphones have a low-latency mode for movies/games.

Anonymous

Which one do you use?

Anonymous

34ms is the lowest latency Bluetooth has ever reached and it’s still too high for rhythm games.

Anonymous

Works on my phone…

Anonymous

Please recharge battery before replying to this post.

Anonymous

No thanks, I don’t want to fry my brain

Anonymous

Fuck charging irreplaceable batteries that eventually lose maximum capacity and then die

Anonymous

eventually the wire gets broken inside your cable and your headphones die, what’s the difference

Anonymous

Unless you buy something cheap, no they don’t.

Anonymous

Yes they do. Batteries deteriorate in 4-5 years and headphone wiring (even expensive ones) break in a similar time period. The pricing for wireless tech is far more semitic though

Anonymous

Have you ever had a pair of earbuds last more than 6 months? The wire starts going and one side always dies for me.

Anonymous

2 years and once thru the wash
                  works better then my new ones

Anonymous

Yeah because $10 for a decent onn set is SO expensive anon…
                Fucking whackjob

Anonymous

There’s at least one brand that has magnetic swappable batteries, although the product polish is about what you’d expect out of a Kickstarter. It was the only way I was ever going to give Bluetooth earbuds a chance.

Anonymous

have a nice day compressiontard

Anonymous

>Jack doesn’t prevent you from using bluetooth headsets
        Fuck your bluetooth too.

Anonymous

>put lithium batteries in your skull goy

Anonymous

Who is they? Who is them?
      Hhhhhmmmmmmm? Tell me, OP!

Anonymous

If you go down the rabbit hole you’ll find that bluetooth has a lot of 0 days and rumor is companies have been taking advantage of them for decades collecting information that users would otherwise only be able to give up if they installed a malicious app. Possible connection between phone manufacturers and entities that want to spy on the average person as much as possible.

Anonymous

Because bluetooth is in fucking everything. Tell me what the situation is where you’re gonna need an aux cable. Does your car have a tape deck? Are you trying to hook your phone up to your foreman’s 15 year old Milwaukee boombox?

Anonymous

Bluetooth is a security risk

Anonymous

My car does not have Bluetooth.
        If I forget to charge my wireless headphones over night they will not last my full work shift.
        When the humidity drops in the fall, the material I work with generates enough static to disconnect my headphones from my phone.
        Replacing my phone with one that has an aux port was one of my top qol improvements this year.

Anonymous

I’ve gotten used to bluetooth connectivity.

Anonymous

>source file of questionable quality –>
      >bluetooth codec of questionable quality –>
      >D/A conversion by mass produced chip cloned at the cheapest price possible (questionably quality of course)–>
      >headphone op-amp of questionable quality –>
      >sound
      Awesome. Sign me up. I particularly like the lossy codec being converted to another, lower quality, lossy codec. It adds that genuine chink coloring to the music. You know? you can feel the sweatshop where they were shit out.

Anonymous

I WILL USE WIRED HEADPHONES
      I WILL EXPAND THE STORAGE WITH MICROSD CARDS

Anonymous

I hve headfone jakc what u talking about?

Anonymous

Because the technology is too simple
      >what?!?! you can just drive current through a wire, connect it to a speaker, and it just makes a sound?!?!
      >no, we can’t have that – we need a super overengineered solution involving sending packets over the air or something

Anonymous

samsung master race

Anonymous

Because you paid for phones without them.

Anonymous

Wires > Waves

Anonymous

I don’t think penetration per se was the issue. The problem was that the audio jack was designed for a 3.5mm plug, and so you could insert it without doing physical damage. That was highly problematic.

Anonymous

They wanted to patch up the analog hole in the world of DRM

Anonymous

Take it back anon

Anonymous

This, the market for high quality micro-DACs has never been better.

Anonymous

>penetration
      fuck you anon now i have to go blast

Anonymous

>money
      >garden gnome

Anonymous

They didn’t. Stop buying flagships.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.