Why did Spanish and Portuguese colonization take such a different path to English?

Home Forums History Why did Spanish and Portuguese colonization take such a different path to English?

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why did Spanish and Portuguese colonization take such a different path to English?

Anonymous

non-whites mixing is pretty common so the spanish/portuguese method is understandable

Anonymous

Could this be because the reconquista just finished and this idea of pure blood wasnt as strong like in England (even though some claim racism began in Spain)

Anonymous

Race was less of a strong concept on the 1500’s and 1600’s. It didn’t become of prominent to the point of a one drop rule existing in the 1600’s. The Portuguese Empire I know was a bit less racist in the 1800’s than other European Empire’s because they knew they had some black and North African blood.

Anonymous

Even if Iberians had some NA, wouldnt they still see themselves as Iberian and preserve that even if they didnt see themselves as white in the sense we use today (this idea of white doesnt exist in Europe still while local nationalism does)

I guess my question is, why didnt they care more for their own iberian specific blood?

Anonymous

They did care for it, the had a caste system in that put whites and European born whites on top. For the Spanish they conquered vast numbers of Indios and mixed with them as a means of assimilating them. Spain sent over it’s single lonely poor men to get a harem of Indo girls. They also allowed them to help push Catholicism on the Indians. The English on the other hand where dealing with very small native populations that were hunter gatherers and hard to assimilate. And again I think religiously they didn’t care to convert them. Puritans pilgrims believed in predetermination so those Indians were going to hell anyway. Virgin was more of a money making enterprise than a religious one, so Anglicans may have felt some duty to convert but less than Catholics and they mostly just wanted to make money in a mercenary fashion.

Anonymous

Virginia*

Anonymous

Did Virginias settlers know they were settling a new country or were they under the impression they were there for a job? It would explain why they brought slaves if they didnt think theyd have to live by them

Anonymous

NA 2000 years ago was white.

They are now quadroons after islam enslaved blacks from 1000
              to 1400.

Could this be because the reconquista just finished and this idea of pure blood wasnt as strong like in England (even though some claim racism began in Spain)

Spain invented blue blood checks, Inquisition, racial purity laws, castellano
              viejo vs nuevo.
              Spain mix because lack of women

Anonymous

Imaging an unmixed Mexico right now

…VGH

Anonymous

Unmixed Mexico would not be Mexico. Also, Juan Jose Padilla is very popular in Mexico and he seems to like it too.

Anonymous

Yeah cowboy culture and traditional spanish attire is popular in Mexico, although its better in Spain

Anonymous

I do like Spain. People are friendly, and the racism problem against Latin-Americans isn’t really there anymore. It’s very nice to visit the country that started it all. It’s also evidence that white people can cook well. It’s just anglos that suck.

Anonymous

My Latin American friend visited Spain and the airport security guard told him that European Spaniards are more evolved than him because he was Indio.

Anonymous

yeah?

Anonymous

actually laughed at this

Anonymous

>90 IQ taxi driver DESTROYS 120 IQ midwit with FACTS and LOGIC

Anonymous

Holy woke af

Anonymous

That’s extremely sad. Then again, your friend is traveling the world and that freaking guy was working as a security guard. Argentina is also top-tier, as well as Colombia (if a bit dangerous).

Anonymous

Ya I assume the security guard was a loser. My friend was also pretty gay, skinny brown kid that was always whining about shit. His Parents were illegal immigrants to America.

Anonymous

Kek. I can almost picture the face he made because I know someone just like that.

Anonymous

I might sound like a LULZ schizo for this, but I genuinely believe people that encounter racists deserve it and attract them in some karmic loa type of way. It has never been a problem for me

Anonymous

I’ve never had anyone be racist toward myself, but have had people say shit about other people assuming that I’d agree with them. I think I look like a racist.

Anonymous

Which race are you?

Anonymous

Mexican mestizo

Anonymous

I am racist so i dont care if they come to me, if anything where I live at least its a sign of mutual ideals

Anonymous

Which race are you?

Anonymous

White Canadian although I have Polish ancestry too

Anonymous

Pollska SZABLA CURWA

Anonymous

So you’re saying the genocide of europeans by racist antiwhites is karmic justice?

Anonymous

I suppose the racism is a product of colonialism, I was in New Zealand and with a local who figured out I was of Irish ancestry and told be he was of Scottish ancestry and the Scottish were racially superior to the Irish. So I think a similar sort of situation.

Anonymous

Racism is a product of experiencing shitskins
                        Friendly reminder they’ve found the genes for high intelligence and blacks and browns don’t have them

Anonymous

That’s such a weird thing to even bring up. Hope the guy takes his meds.

Anonymous

It was in the context of a conversation we were having, still he was a deeply racist guy. Not sure if he was serious or is was some kind of misguided joke. Kind of a schrodinger’s douchebag situation.

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

>Things that never happened

Anonymous

well you can be latin american and pure white or mixed

Anonymous

Racism isn’t a problem shitskin

Anonymous

3edgy5me

Anonymous

[…]

Anonymous

yikes anon

Anonymous

actual redditor

Anonymous

> brainwashed on BBC

Anonymous

That’s not what the non incel majority says.

Anonymous

Man, whoever says that white people can’t cook really are scrotebrains.
                        I agree that Spanish cuisine is good, but they’re only the third best after Italian and French, really says a lot about how good Europeans are at cooking.

Anonymous

>I rate Med cooking to be the best!
                        >Really says a lot about how good Europeans are at cooking
                        Bored?

Anonymous

Here’s the difference, natives living in land controlled by the Spanish Crown were considered subjects of the king. They weren’t slaves, they were medieval serfs, which still isn’t great but it’s a hell of a lot better.

>Yeah cowboy culture
                      >popular in Mexico
                      It should be, they invented it

Anonymous

Mexicans don’t really give a shit, as long as you’re not black. There’s a reason they don’t really keep demographic data on how white/mestizo the population is, it doesn’t really matter, all that matter is how black the country isn’t.

Anonymous

>There’s a reason they don’t really keep demographic data on how white/mestizo the population is
                    and that reason is wholly unrelated to public opinion

Anonymous

What do you think is going to happen, everyone in Mexico is going to "wake up" and realize the country is mixed-race at this point except the super-elite? Yeah no shit, they kinda already know that.

Anonymous

I’m not the guy you were talking to before. I’m just saying the Mexican government not keeping publicly available data on the ethnic/racial makeup of the country is in no way related to what the plebs think. I’m halfway convinced they’re trying to obfuscate their demographics so they can continue exporting their predominantly mestizo underclass to murica without mass political backlash.

Anonymous

You don’t need to hide demographic data to do that, and you don’t even need to make them go, they go on their own because there’s no jobs here.

Anonymous

also why there is literally no hostility towards Mexicans in the US in the way there is about blacks. So many small towns are like 12% mexican and you wouldnt notice. Simple farmers, America doesnt even use them in movies despite being a bigger demographic than blacks

Anonymous

>also why there is literally no hostility towards Mexicans in the US in the way there is about blacks.
                      Because whites arbitrarily decided that being black meant being anathema, then spread their opinions out from that postulate, and used that dynamic to define their interactions with other races.

Anonymous

>arbitrarily

[…]

Anonymous

>The people in question are black from head to foot; and their nose is so squashed that it is almost impossible to feel sorry for them.
                        >The mind will simply not accept the idea that God, who is a very wise being, would have put a soul, especially a good soul, into a completely black body.
                        >It is so natural to think that colour is the essence of humanity, that the peoples of Asia, who make people into eunuchs, continue to deprive blacks of what they have in common with us in an even more extreme way.
                        >You can tell skin colour from hair colour, and hair was so important to the Egyptians that they killed all redheads who fell into their hands, and the Egyptians were the best philosophers in the world.
                        >The fact that negroes value glass necklaces more highly than gold ones, which are worth so much more in civilised countries, just goes to show that they have no common sense.
                        >It is impossible to believe that these people are human beings, for, if we did believe them to be human beings, we would have to wonder whether we ourselves are Christians.
                        >Small minds exaggerate the injustice done to the Africans. For if it was as bad as they would have us believe, would it not have crossed the minds of the Princes of Europe, who together make so many pointless treatises, to have drawn up a general convention to promote compassion and mercy?
                        Yes, arbitrarily.

Anonymous

I agree!

Anonymous

because mexicans don’t cause as many problems as blacks? isn’t that obvious?

Anonymous

Man, look at all those dark-skinned moors…. Ugh, Rahowa Now.

Anonymous

>castellano viejo vs nuevo
                it’s old chrsitian vs new christian, something to discriminate the conversos and marranos on the basis of religion, and they used the surnames, not the race
                >blue blood checks
                only mentioned by the visigothic nobility during the reconquista to differenciate themselves to the berber soldiers despite the fact that the islamic leadership were even whiter, it plainly wasn’t a common thing, common spaniards were always swarthy
                >racial purity laws
                there are no codified racial purity laws that i know of

Anonymous

lmao no, racial thinking was actually stronger in Iberia, very strong it was even the entire basis of the black slavery idea which came from Arab-gnomish culture.

Anonymous

isnt it worse to come to racism independently though? If Iberians didnt get it from Muslims, then they just didnt like black people like the Muslims, and literally every other nation. Thus her argument that being anti-black is a thing people are thought dies

Anonymous

Portuguese are literally 0% black

Anonymous

>10% North African though, >5% from MAR_Taforalt + >5% TUR__Barcin from North Moroccans.

Anonymous

Barcin is as generically European as you can get it’s all over even the Nordic countries.

>Med civilization
                This is correct.

How does he cope with Lebanese having no genetic overlap whatsoever with ancient Latins?

Anonymous

>Barcin is as generically European
                  lmao, you wish mutt. at least 5% of that barcin in the portuguese example comes from the same source of the 5% Taforalt, brown boi. barcin is a SHARED ancestry between modern sandnigs and europeans, and the fact south euros have way more than north euros / whites is also the reason why they’re much darker and much more MENA-shifted.

btw your despair picking a lot of samples some of which like Tepecik (PPNB too to some extent IIRC) that were very closely related (or mixed Barcin + Levant) to Barcin to decrease the component in sandnig arabs shows how desperate you are to we wuz an ancient brown people who were closer to modern arab goatfuckers than to actual white people like swedes lol

Anonymous

>at least 5% of that barcin in the portuguese
                    no
                    >SHARED ancestry between modern sandnigs and europeans
                    It isn’t pic related.
                    >some of which like Tepecik (PPNB too to some extent IIRC)

that’s the default for the global 25 standard cacluator

Anonymous

>at least 5% of that barcin in the portuguese
                      >no
                      yep, 5% taforalt + roughly 5% barcin (from north africa) = 10% nafri in modern portuguese
                      >SHARED ancestry between modern sandnigs and europeans
                      >It isn’t
                      it absolutely is
                      >pic related.
                      what your pic truly means: even with more barcin-admixture, the rest of the components of swedes are so much whiter / distant that they’re still less related to barcin than saudis (mostly natufian) are haha

even the english (probably score near 40% Barcin in that specific model) is more distant than saudis lol

Anonymous

meaningless when all Euros are part Barcin

Anonymous

>Could this be because the reconquista just finished and this idea of pure blood wasnt as strong like in England (even though some claim racism began in Spain)
          The Reconquista created the concept of pure blood

Anonymous

Aren’t you aware of the whole "limpieza de sangre" concept? I’m not even that familiar with Spanish history

Anonymous

Look up "limpieza de sangre" and "sistema de castas"

Anonymous

>limpieza de sangre
            related to converted garden gnomes and muslims, not woke af on race but religion
            >sistema de castas
            never codified in any way besides some ethnographic paintings of the 17th century blown out of proportion
            there was native and mixed nobility and a spanish underclass, government positions were restricted to rich people and people born outside of america greatly favoured

Anonymous

Difference of race has always been there, it’s more about the culture difference and how they reacted

Anonymous

I dunno why everyone assumes the Arab rule of Spain consisted of millions of North Africans settling there.
          Indians aren’t mixed with Brits just because Britain ruled them for 2 centuries

Anonymous

>even though some claim racism began in Spain
          this is your brain on academia

Anonymous

the whole "pure blood" stuff in Iberia came about by Rabbis because they wanted to stop miscegenation. this is also where the concept of garden gnomes pass their heritage through the mother because at the time it was common for the children of mixed religion couples to take the religion of their father.

Anonymous

Was only common with meds, since they are the same race as native Americans (brown). Britain and america had one drop rule because the difference between white and black is much more clear than the difference between med and Indian. Meds have never been obsessed with purity, and it shows in their genetic makeup.

Anonymous

Yeah Argentina you cant actually tell an Italian from a native-italian mix sometimes. A lot of meds arent brown though in my opinion.

Also White Americans do have some native dna, and a lot are part Italian at this point.

Anonymous

>Yeah Argentina you cant actually tell an Italian from a native-italian mix sometimes. A lot of meds arent brown though in my opinion.
            Truth with this mix the line is more blurred
            >Also White Americans do have some native dna, and a lot are part Italian at this point.
            "White americans" is so far from a monolith, that varies not just by region but by city and state. But nationally around 5% of "non-hispanic whites" have any indian blood
            Ironically southerners / appalachians are the closest descendants of the founding anglo stock, people barely moved there, not even other europeans. Midwesterners are general northwestern mutts, english, german, dutch , etc. Italians and Irish stuck close to cities.

Anonymous

Most white Americans are German at this point. I feel like the US is just a bunch of non-Anglo whites pretending to be English.

Anonymous

most white americans are hispanic, genius

Anonymous

>hispanic
                  >white
                  oxymoron

Anonymous

>Hispanic
                    >Ethnicity
                    North America is French and Spanish Clay. 13 colonies is Italian Clay.

Anonymous

>le 46% rapebaby shitpost

Anonymous

I suspect a difference in religion. The French were Catholic and also mixed with the Cree. Protestants feel much less duty to convert people than Catholics who need to convert the entire world. So Protestant could just kill all the natives and never convert. The Dutch did the same.

Anonymous

>Protestants feel much less duty to convert people than Catholics
        what the fuck are you talking

Anonymous

prots are the garden gnomes of christianity

Anonymous

then why did they send missionaries all over the world?

Anonymous

> looks down at circumcised dick
            You are correct

Anonymous

Early prots, when lutherism and calvinism were the biggest games in town and the prot countries could fuck over catholic colonial competitors by promising locals not to proselytise.
          Present is, you know, quite a bit different.

Anonymous

want it because the people who started to colonize NA were actual families, but the ones who came to SA were just the soldiers who proceeded to create families with the natives?

Anonymous

Mexico, Quebec and Brazil crawled so the US could run

Anonymous

Imagine being a Brazilian nationalist. By the way, USA invented the aircraft.

Anonymous

Brazil is one of the ugliest countries I’ve ever seen on google maps, literally looked war torn but worse because it had graffiti everywhere.
        I don’t know how Germans stay there

Anonymous

>I don’t know how Germans stay there
          They have their own all German enclaves.

Anonymous

catholic germans are something else. Probably the most patriotic and proud of their culture, with the most extreme and excentuated of style (Especially compared with the boring copy-paste style of north germany.

And yet they are ridicolously prone to joining with other races

Anonymous

do you mean nationalistic for brazil or germany?

Anonymous

They seem woke af to me.

Anonymous

There was no unification of Germany. There was a Prussian Conquest and subjugation of weaker states. Bavaria fought against the Prussians in the Franco-Prussian War. It’s outrageous that a Catholic people was forced to bow down to a Protestant tyrant instead of their own rightful monarch

Anonymous

>don’t know how Germans stay there
          >graffiti everywhere
          Visit Berlin or Hamburg some day. Germany is also filled with graffiti kek

Anonymous

BECAUSE THE NATIVES WERE HOTTER

Anonymous

https://i.4cdn.org/his/1633047846465.webm

imagine settling for some boring asian looking chick when you have this at home

Anonymous

>Imagine buying a shit Italian car like a Ferrari, when you can have this Ford Pinto
          Are you stupid?

Anonymous

Lol if you think an average portuguese girl would look like that. Portuguese girls in the 16th century were ugly, stinky, puritan and full of diseases.

Native girls were healthy, beautiful, walk nude all the time and were hygienic (it’s a known concept that brazilian indians that taught the portuguese how to bath every day. Even to this day Brazil is the country with most baths per person during the week).

It’s easy to see why portuguese would prefer indians to their chicks at home.

Anonymous

eurangutan women can’t compete with native girls

Anonymous

I’m pretty sure he meant south americans are hotter than north americans. Also most sailors were rejects of their home

Anonymous

pic unrel?

Anonymous

I wish there more native and North African instead black

Anonymous

>BECAUSE THE NATIVES WERE HOTTER
        haha

Anonymous

The Catholic mandate for colonization rested on it being about converting pagans and integrating them into the Christian world and – more importantly – the Church was a separate institution from the state that was carrying out the colonization, so it could and would act against that state and the white colonists if doing so was in its interest, with the mandate being violated as a pretext.

e.g. the Jesuits had no problem arming and training Guarani natives when Portuguese slavers started encroaching on their turf

Catholic monarchs know that the Church doesn’t care if there’s a Spanish/Portuguese Catholic Empire or a bunch of independent Catholic states in its place (actually, the Church would prefer the latter, because big Catholic empires have a tendency to try and control the Church), and act accordingly by playing by the rules.

Anonymous

tl;dr: you can’t fuck with the natives too much because the Church will use that as an excuse to fuck with you, so you just fuck the natives.

Anonymous

Larger native populations that had civilizations (Peru, Mexico) made mestizaje the practical approach. Also because of their catholicism, the Spanish preferred converting and assimilating rather than wiping out the Natives, they were closest to the Roman approach to Imperialisn. There is also the fact that the conquests were spearheaded by great men from Reconquista military families and not by moving wagons of families.

Anonymous

it’s easier just to COLONIZE and BLEACH women within a couple generations

Anonymous
        Anonymous

one struggle

Anonymous

I think it’s because north america was much more sparsely populated than the south. Plus the spanish and portuguese were devout catholics whose conquest were motivated by a desire to convert the natives unlike the british, dutch and french who didn’t care about religion and were more ethnocentrist. So they were more likely to mingle with the natives.

Anonymous

>Polygamy
      This could be Japan or the Philippines. Mormons could do this and it wouldn’t even be seen as controversial.

Anonymous

>Catholic moralscroteging
      >Lack of Euro women
      >Increased focus on religious conversion

Anonymous

>anglo achievements:
      >founded a (((law))) school
      why is it always like this bros

Anonymous

Anglo new world colonies were less populated and more hostile

Anonymous

Pic related.

Anonymous

This is the best and only take anyone should have

Anonymous

Is this fair? I mean, look at Detroit, many areas of NYC and Boston, large areas of states all along the east coast. Very similar to Brazil

Anonymous

Ignorant scrote, it is well known that every time that some latin american country achieves a minimal development, or when they start improving life standars of their people you ameriscrotes says "oohh le communismo is bad", even when clearly there is no communism (see Perón, Balmaceda, etc.).

Anonymous

and then le conspiring america stages a coup.

Anonymous

>white civilization
        >not the Med civilization

Anonymous

>Med civilization
          This is correct.

Anonymous

What is that fat Arab going on about?

Anonymous
            Anonymous

Neither med scrotes nor Scandinavian scrotes invented civilization, it was done by CHG Germanics

Anonymous

med "civilization" was no better than any other form of advanced pre industrial society. It wasn’t until the industrial revolution, the enlightenment, capitalism and modern medicine that we actually see "civilized" people

Anonymous

>med "civilization"
          >not the Euphrates Tigris civilization

Anonymous

>Cuz race
        >Nothing to do with the fact that half of the continent is a rainforest
        >Nothing to do with Brazilian elites’ insistence upon rent-woke af systems.
        The more I read, the more I realize race arguments are just the crutch of the midwit.

Anonymous

>nooo you can point out that scrotes and native Indio scrotes are a subhuman race noooo, we wuz civilization n shieeet wypipo be oppressin us n sheeit is da elitessss

Pull a bullet between your eyes, thx

Anonymous

>still stumped by singapore and hong kong becoming wealthy with almost no natural resources

Anonymous

Hong Kong was the main trading port between the British Empire and China, and Singapore functioned similarly for the British in Malaysia. Just having a de facto monopoly on trade like that gave them much of the momentum needed to transition into the modern world unimpeded.

Anonymous

What’s the excuse for Panama?

Anonymous

No excuse. Panama’s not all that wealthy. What they do have largely came from the drug partnerships they had with the North, and their possession of the Suez Canal.

Anonymous

let’s fuck up and exploit these countries for two centuries then say it was their race keeping them down

Anonymous

every people has been bonked up and or exploited at some point in their history. It only seems to keep certain groups down and at certain levels. Mind you these patterns are relatively consistent. The dominican republic was once conquered by haiti yet its less "down" than they are now. The same way most latin american countries are less "down" than other african countries. Or the way latin americans are less "down" in third party countries such as white ones.

Anonymous
            Anonymous

You took a comic denouncing you as a schizo and repurposed it to say, "Disregard everything. Africans are dumb."
            I preferred it when you guys were just making strained connections.

Anonymous

most scrotebrained take. race science is horoscopes for small white bois

Anonymous

hey buddy care to post the REAL science that proves all races are equal?

Anonymous

> all races are equal
            Tell me about your "scientific" definition of race, and I will tell you why its wrong.

Anonymous

what is a 23andme test?

Anonymous

There is only one race: The Black Race. All the other "races" should be subservient to them or else they’re racist.

Tell this to any PhD in any science you want while wearing our shirt(raised fist with BLM underneath) and they will agree. 100% of the time. If they don’t they’re racist pseudoscientists.

Anonymous

go back stormscrote

Anonymous

Mainly because the British weren’t degenerate monkeys who went into heat over literal savages.

Unironically though, there were a number of reasons –
      >North America was less densely populated, meaning that settlers could outbreed the natives more easily, and there was less incentive to conquer natives, especially with the lack of preexisting state structures as existed in the south (Aztecs, Incas, etc.)
      >Given that it was less economically valuable (less gold/tropical plants), it wasn’t really worth the government getting involved early on, and thus alot of the early colonization took the form of private efforts, where people were looking to form their own communities rather than get involved in conquering people and crap

There were alot of things at play but those were the biggest factors as I understand it.

Anonymous

[…]

Same as Brazil, which he notes since some of Brazil that is German is nice. Detroit and Philly still have white people though and its shit

Anonymous

>Very friendly with natives
      >Mass murders native babies, burns civilians at the stake, backstabs ally natives, disregards peace agreenments to murder unsuspecting natives
      yeaaah, sure

Anonymous

Americans never did this

Anonymous

Fuck off you Anglo bastard

Anonymous

yeah sure fuckhead just don’t look at the countless times anglo americans broke deals and treaties they made with the natives to invade their lands

USA is an illegitimate state.

Anonymous

to be honest though, natives broke these treaties too, often just straight up butchering people randomly

Anonymous

I always laugh when I see an American being against Israel. Israel is no more illegitimate than America.

Anonymous

I fear that I’m falling in love mates

Anonymous

stop lumping us with castillans, we did things differently and always had plenty of locals and mixed in charge of things in the empire, unlike spain which viewed full blooded spaniards born in mexico as 2nd class to spaniards born in spain
      alsp racism is 100% and anglo invention, categorizing races is not racism

Anonymous

The English brought over women and entire families, even under harsh conditions. They were trying to create England 2.0 rather than resource extraction colonies staffed by freebooting single males.

Anonymous

btw, for those genuine interested in genetics but without any agenda or shame over their own brown admixture, this is what the PPNB and Tepecik components look like when replaced with the much better local Natufian proxy and modeled with them

Anonymous

They didnt create universities, we did.

Anonymous

The difference was Spanish colonization was woke af on the total subjugation of everyone who lived there, native and settler alike unless you were super upper-class. People in the English colonies, for all their flaws, had a lot more rights.

Anonymous

Sure, thats why there were a huge number of soldiers in the 13 colonies.

Anonymous

Those soldiers weren’t there to rule over you with an iron fist. You have no idea what you’re talking about, the english colonists had so much more freedom than we did here.

Anonymous

Your so called settlers had shit freedom you imbecile, they couldnt even create universities. All governors came from beyond the sea. They were cattle.

Anonymous

Because the English were a temperate high IQ and industrious race while the Southerners were horny and lazy.

Also the level of genocide in the north is exaggerated and woke af on utter bullshit about carbon deposits being used to theorise massive populations of HG and subsitance farmer injuns in north America which never existed except in the pacific NW.

Central America did have massive urbanised native populations and that is woke af on actual historical and archaeological evidence, and they were genocided on a massive scale.

Anonymous

If your right wing you should be ashamed. As a white american, i will say that the natives on the eastern sea board were a huge population and they were hacked to death by my family, not some disease

Yes, there were 20 million injuns, and I massacred them all

Anonymous

>It’s that easy
      It really is.

Anonymous

there proximity to north african they already had a multicultural existence imagine what could have been kek a giant slab of clay with Portuguese and Spanish people truly heart wrenchingly terrible

Anonymous

man you shouldn’t trust these memes, indias are in no way "hot"
      t. I live near paraguay

Anonymous

they are if you’ve spent an entire year in a smelly boat surrounded by smelly hairy men

Anonymous

well they had different cultures to begin with. But keep in mind the english colonization happened much later than the portuguese. This meant they could think about things like transplantation and legal settlements whereas the portuguese brought only men so naturally had to breed with the natives.

Anonymous

The real answer is population difference. Whereas Britain could send out their poor in huge numbers to actually colonize the land, the Portuguese had no choice but to fuck natives to replenish their population.

Anonymous

Yeah Portugal punched way above their weight class with like 1 million people at home while Spain and England were more populous

Anonymous

New Spain aka Mexico only had a population of 6 million when its War of Independence happened, a war that killed nearly half a million people.

Anonymous

Well one reason was peobably climate. Tropical areas are tough for europeans maybe they figured they might as well mix to keep a tighter grip on the population. Maybe another reason was economic. Quick exploitation of resource rich areas vs a place to dump surplus popoulation

Anonymous

As far as I understand it, the Spanish started their colonization by basically just inserting their guys into existing structures of Aztec and Incan kingdoms, and so they had to intermarry with native nobility for legitimacy reasons. The practice then kinda spread top-down like Christianity.
      Anglos OTOH missed out on already rich and built-up (back then) american land and had to start from scratch.

Anonymous

You just know, these images were made by an ignorant idiot who has never seen an ameridian woman in his life… they are one of the most unnatractive women, tied with chinks and brits for the worst, and the depiction of the colonizer as a chad is even more laughable… do you really think the best mem of europe came here? Reeks of deluded latino larping or ignorant american idiot

Anonymous

It didnt.
      Its all about the geography of the colony.
      England and France had colonies in the Caribbean and South America, they are all identical to Brazil and Spanish colonies.
      And if you analyze Portuguese and Spanish colonies outside of the Americas they are all similar to their English counterparts.

Anonymous

This. The only real answer basically. Its like saying Quebec and French Guiana are the same type of civilization.

Anonymous

Dammit why did the artist of this image have to make the native girl so cute

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id