Why aren’t you making 500k/year at one of these companies yet?

Home Forums Science & tech Why aren’t you making 500k/year at one of these companies yet?

Viewing 55 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why aren’t you making 500k/year at one of these companies yet?

Anonymous

i am

Anonymous

imagine being wage slave.

Anonymous

i’m making 300k/yr at one of those companies
      >tfw poor

Anonymous

I’m unironically making $12k/year at Amazon (white collar, Compliance) because I live in freaking Poland

Anonymous

you could earn more as a cashier in eastern germany lmao

Anonymous

at least it’s WFH.
          Should I apply for WFH jobs abroad? I have a C2 certificate in English and speak German around B1 level + I got work experience at PwC and Amazon

Anonymous

Yes

Anonymous

amazon is the worst scroteman company

Anonymous

I am not smart enough

Anonymous

because im a yuropoor

Anonymous

im sea monkey

Anonymous

Not good enough + I will never step foot in California

Anonymous

Same boat. Making 90k in Charlotte North Carolina and happy.

Anonymous

Because im playing vidya as a neet every day of my life

Anonymous

How do you financially sustain that?

Anonymous

Investments

Anonymous

HR, especially for these companies isnt about selecting the best, they’re looking for obedient and loyal slaves who don’t think they’re slaves, who won’t rebel, dont think for themselves, and do whatever they’re told 90 hours a week

Anonymous

what are you talking about.

The HR treat us great, will literally let you do almost whatever you want.

Anonymous

I’m europoor and this amount of money sounds like an absolute fantasy to me.

I mean if you’re making $100k/yr here, you’re richer than 99.99+% people. If you’re very good, you can make $50-70k/yr and trust me, that’s a LOT of money here. But living in a nice, big apartment in the city center costs you around $1-1.5k/month.

Anonymous

It is, most FAANG people are making 100-200k

Anonymous

doesn’t scroteman pay 250k total comp min to even junior engineers

Anonymous

No they aren’t.

doesn’t scroteman pay 250k total comp min to even junior engineers

Typical TC package starts at 180k

Anonymous

>Typical TC package starts at 180k
            yea, I checked back at levels.fyi, looks like I misremembered. once you are past junior, you’re comfortable in the 200k tc range

Anonymous

Hello blind friend

Anonymous

I am not a bugman. I have to much pride to subject myself to their stupid interview process. I also hate the bay area, what a hollow place.
            I am currently doing fine. I just wish people would stop worshiping these companies so much.

Maybe in the bay. Most of my scroteMAN friends earned around 125-150k TC starting.

Anonymous

Different tax rates and cost of living.
        If you make 8k/mo but your rent in SF is 4k and a burger is 15$ at the end of the day you’re not livin la vida loca.
        As a teen i used to dream about murica but now i own a house, two vehicles. 0 debt and a broken leg won’t destroy my retirement plans so i think i’m doing just fine

Anonymous

>If you make 8k/mo but your rent in SF is 4k and a burger is 15$ at the end of the day you’re not livin la vida loca.
          It would still double my disposable income. And I’m a frugal vegan so I’m very set with just lentils and rice everything else is extra.

Anonymous

>If you’re very good, you can make $50-70k/yr
        lolwut

what country are you living at, that’s average for a mid level dev in germany, and kind of low for a senior dev.

Anonymous

He’s likely from Finland like me. We have free education so every second scrotebrain has master’s degree. It’s worthless so experienced machinists earn about the same as STEM masters.

Anonymous

>what country are you living at
          czech rep

Anonymous

The cost of living in parts of the world where these companies are are freaking insane

Nordic countries aren’t poor, but if you earn 10k/month you are basically 1% in the country bý far. The median wage is like 3k in euros.

Anonymous

You can make $50-70k in Poland (not even counting working remote for a company in another country). In western countries like Netherlands or Ireland you could get $150-200k, and Switzerland pays pretty much like Bay Area.

>east yuropoor making $1k/month
        doing pretty well, better than most of the people around me
        and you scrotets are talking about 500k+ per year,
        there truly are completely separate worlds we live in

tell me, what do those 200k/y people do, how do they bring value, what makes them so special and worth that much??

You live in Ukraine, are severely underpaid, or both.

People generally like me, one amazon recruiter said the on-site interviewers said they loved me. Still didn’t get an offer. He said they’re looking for stronger technicals and literally told me it was like an iq test, implying I was too dumb for it

Overall they’re mostly focused on not letting the weak people through. It’s better to reject a good candidate than accept a bad one. Which is why you’re encouraged to re-apply after a year or so. Also, Amazon sadly doesn’t give any real feedback (because they’re afraid they’ll get sued), so treat this "interviewers loved you" with a grain of salt. It probably just means that they want you to apply again some time in the future, as per above.

Anonymous

almost, a bit more south, romania,
          but the salary cap after years of experience and seniority and etc is around 3k euro anyways, that’s 36k/year after taxes

that’s why i’m saying that these numbers anons throw around 2-500k are truly otherworldly for me

Anonymous

(42usd) 3.5k as a senior after taxes Poland. Fuck why I haven’t been born in not post comunist country.

Anonymous

You won’t be making much more anywhere in Europe really. Anything beyond 5k a month is very likely a larp.

Anonymous

And if not most gains are eaten away by steep progression in taxation anyways. Dad worked for Nokia back in its heyday, actually 6k paycheck, 50% tax too, which was used to import Somalis into our neighborhood on charter flights

Anonymous

i hate corpos

Anonymous

I don’t want the vaccine

Anonymous

Too low IQ and no connections

Anonymous

can I get in with a CE degree and minority card?

Anonymous

the only thing that matters is leetcode

Anonymous

This. The people that interview you aren’t interested in you, your personality, your personal projects, your open source contributions, your degree, and frankly even your connections. They care if you can invert an AVL tree and then balance it

Anonymous

>The people that interview you aren’t interested in you
            Sometimes, yes. Sometimes no. I once got told that "the other guy" got the job because they thought that he would be a "better fit". They went to great pains to tell me that it wasn’t my technical ability, which I think was an attempt to make me feel better. But the reality was they were telling me that I didn’t get the job because of my personality.

But I think that it largely depends on the interview process tbh.

Anonymous

Should have prefaced, in the technical part of the interviews this applies. If you dont fuck up the technical interviews then yes it will depend on your behavioral interview (every scroteman company I’ve interviewed at has them separate)

But even that part really just comes down to how globohomo you are and what diversity boxes you check

Anonymous

At the one I work in (and do interviews), I really don’t see how diversity helps you in any way. At best, it can make it a bit easier to get an interview, but once you’re there, it gives you nothing, nobody really cares about it. Probably because it’s engineers recruiting, not HR.
                Anyway, saying that you didn’t pass an interview because of diversity is just /poo/ cope.

Anonymous

In the same way that shitskins complain that an all white workforce make for a harder cultural fit, the reverse is true when your workforce is comprised of virtually no white people. At the end of the day, people like other people who are similar to them. Of course your conversational skills and general attitudes are going to be major factors but if all of your interviewers are pajeets, you can virtually guarantee being a pajeet yourself is going to give you major points.

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve seen, seemingly by coincidence, interviewers for my team give thumbs up on candidates that were objectively unqualified who just so happened to be of the same race. I hate to turn this into a /poo/ rant but it doesn’t make it any less true and it helps to have proper expectations when working for scroteman

Anonymous

i earn fuck all compared to what you can get at scroteman but it is more than plenty to be comfy although i will never be rich.

Anonymous

>working
      scrotebrain

Anonymous

>east yuropoor making $1k/month
      doing pretty well, better than most of the people around me
      and you scrotets are talking about 500k+ per year,
      there truly are completely separate worlds we live in

tell me, what do those 200k/y people do, how do they bring value, what makes them so special and worth that much??

Anonymous

Housing costs are insane here. Other than that they waste it on frivolous "fun" shit

Anonymous

i meant how are they worth 200k from the perspective of the company,
          but how they spend it is a good angle too

i did hear from an acquaintance that worked at a startup in SF that 120k in that area is poverty level, which sounds funny

Anonymous

>Other than that they waste it on frivolous "fun" shit
          if I sold my soul to the scroteman, I’d live like a freaking soiface podman minus the consoomerism for a few years just to build a warchest of a couple million dollars then gtfo out of there when I’ve made it financially

Anonymous

Because I’m making 400k/year in the midwest working remotely for less annoying companies

Anonymous

what company and what state?

Anonymous

Why in the absolute fuck would I tell you that?

Anonymous

too low iq. pic rel actually

Anonymous

link to test?

Anonymous
          Anonymous

there’s no point in trying another one. anyways I have failed a lot in life so that’s proof that I’m a massive scrotebrain

Anonymous

idk man, I got 20 points higher on the mensa.no one compared to the one you posted

Anonymous

tfw peak midwit

Anonymous

congrats anon, now go make your $55k/year

Anonymous

>Your IQ was measured to 131 which is equivalent to the 98 percentile, with a standard deviation of 15.
          idk about that chief

Anonymous

Wow we got a smarty pants here

Anonymous

idk it’s an online test it’s not real and i probably got a few points from randomly guessing

if i really was that high iq i wouldn’t be so freaking bad at everything i do lol

Anonymous

You sound like you’re an underachieving and you never unleashed your full potential granted to you by good genes

Anonymous

it’s an online iq test i don’t put much weight into that

fwiw i was a B student in both high school and my state college i took 6 years to graduate from

Anonymous

You can be smart but too neurotic to actually do anything
                t. Halfway in the same boat

Anonymous

Skipped the last 5 and got 121, 92nd percentile. And as what I’ve gotten on other tests.

Anonymous

>Your IQ was measured to 131 which is equivalent to the 98 percentile, with a standard deviation of 15.
          idk about that chief

Mensa sells certified IQ tests that show you have an IQ of at least 130. No wonder a free online test will show you around or above that number- they’re hoping you’ll come by and pay them for the certification.

Anonymous

From last month. I’ve repeatedly failed to get a scroteMAN job despite leetcoding btw, I’ve given up all hope already. Currently make 110k

Anonymous

Like my faang friend said,
            >faang is not for everyone

Anonymous

What do they even mean? Is the standard deviation on the IQ-measurement 15? Or is the standard deviation on the percentile 15 percent?

Anyway, in both cases a standard deviation as a measure of error does not make sense at all, since IQ is a highly non-linear measurement and since percentiles obviously don’t go above a 100.

How can an IQ test fail so hard at basic statistics?

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/MbazVwA.gif

Have you never seen a normal distribution? The test isn’t trying to give you some sort of score out of 100, it’s trying to place you relative to a population.

Anonymous

I’ve got a PhD in a math-heavy research topic. Of course I’ve seen a normal distribution.

I’m just asking what a standard deviation means, because from the text it sounds like you’re probably (68%) between percentile 82 and 112, which is utterly scrotebrained.

If the SD is related to IQ itself, it doesn’t work very well either, since the normal distribution that you just showed is highly non-linear. It should then give you an interval, like 128 [-10,+5] or something, where the deviation up is different from the deviation down.

For example, say that I have a very bad measuring stick. If I would measure planks with it, I’d get a 30% deviation. Then I measure a person with it and I measure 2.00m. Just using standard deviation like a stupid person would give me 60cm deviation, so there’s a 17% chance the person would be taller than 2.60m. Obviously, that can’t be true, and the person is most probably just 1.80m (well, just above the average for the country/world/whatever)

Anonymous

The standard deviation is just the range of points that delineates percentages of population. So if they say IQ has a SD of 15, 34% of the population falls within 100-115 IQ points (and likewise for 100-85), 14% falls within 15-130, etc. I aint no stats wiz, all I can tell you is every normal distribution I’ve ever seen worked that way

Anonymous

>got 130 as a kid on one of these
          >got 100 now

bros…

Anonymous

Try https://test.mensa.no/

bombed the last questions since i got very bored and the questions were getting more and more questionable or beyond my reasoning

the test is complete bullshit since it lets you have as much time as you want
        take couple of hours and max it out, that does not mean you are smart
        i hate these spacial reasoning tests

I bonked up the Google interview because I haven’t done enough leetcode.

is the leetcode meme real?
        does anyone ever freaking care that you implemented some algorithms you loosely understand on the type of problems that likely you would never encounter in your day job?

Anonymous

>is the leetcode meme real?
          yea. dsa is used as a filter to filter out the heaps of scrotebrains who submit applications every year. It’s quick, easy and costs very little

Anonymous

>filters scrotebrains
            >scrotebrains just grind leetcode for years and get through
            Not a great filter.

Anonymous

unironically, i now seethe that i haven’t been grinding my leetcode (or even touch it) since i discovered it back in 2018

Anonymous

it isn’t but in order to compensate, the level is increased ever so slightly every year. scrotebrains lack lateral thinking so test questions are framed that way.
              Also it’s financially cheaper than just hiring one guy whose sole job is to interview people and read their applications.

Anonymous

you don’t "grind leetcode for years and get through". the dsa problems are just one part of the whole process, which is very difficult.
              /g/tards who complain about leetcode wouldn’t even get past the resume screening.

Anonymous

we are neets,
                our resume wouldn’t be in the pile in the first place

Anonymous

People generally like me, one amazon recruiter said the on-site interviewers said they loved me. Still didn’t get an offer. He said they’re looking for stronger technicals and literally told me it was like an iq test, implying I was too dumb for it

Anonymous

Can you give an example of a question or one similar to it that you couldn’t solve? Maybe you just got unlucky with super difficult questions?

Anonymous

yeah mostly this. The questions are standard but it’s twisted in some parts which forces you to think out of the box. This surely wouldn’t help if you just memorized leetcode problems. It would certainly help if you were good at math since lot of the questions sometimes have one single equation as the final answer

Anonymous

>bombed the last questions since i got very bored and the questions were getting more and more questionable or beyond my reasoning

i was getting bored too

Anonymous

>bombed the last questions since i got very bored and the questions were getting more and more questionable or beyond my reasoning

i was getting bored too

I like doing them for some reason, and surprisingly this score is in line with other IQ tests I’ve taken
          you can certainly "practice" these kinds of questions though and eventually get better at them, its a flawed metric for sure

Anonymous

oh, we have a smart one over here
            these usually give me around 120-128, but never 130+,
            gifted sis, why are you wasting your time on LULZ instead of making 500k+ like the op said?

Anonymous
        Anonymous

ok i guess

Anonymous

w-what?

Anonymous

you’re way smarter than me anon

Anonymous

the test is bullshit, the last questions doesn’t have any sense so i pick random figures

Anonymous

Except for a few at the beginning that were stupid easy, I could not find a single cohesive pattern. Pretty sure this test is nonsense.

Anonymous

LMAO

Anonymous

>https://www.arealme.com/iq-2021/en/
        These things seem dumb anyways. I’m more scrotebrained than you and got 100+.

Anonymous

Well I failed 3 job interviews that were going to pay me $90k. Now I earn $70k

Anonymous

It’s scroteMAN you dumbass

Anonymous

I do

Anonymous

i have lost/spent $250k on my own startup which doesn’t (yet) generate any revenue. i’d rather do that than work for someone. for how long idk.

Anonymous

I bonked up the Google interview because I haven’t done enough leetcode.

Anonymous

I am though and I’m miserable. I’ve never felt more lost in my whole life. Only think that keeps me going is Sneedposting and LULZ

Anonymous

Why aren’t you making 100k a month on Twitch ?

Anonymous

I unironically get to work at a much more interesting company. It’s a synthetic biology start up and I get to do shit here that I would never get to do a scroteMAN. Sure I’m not going to get rich (unless my options come in) but hell, it’s a lot of fun.

Anonymous

>unironically working for satan’s minions on earth

Anonymous

>work in a dysfunctional startup
      How do I escape? Doesnt even have to be [email protected], just want to escape this hellhole.
      Do i apply through l1nkedin or their website? Im already working on leetcodes.

Anonymous

honeypot if you’re in europe

Anonymous

Im a leaf

Anonymous

toptal, bairesdev, any of these

Anonymous

I hate americans so much it’s unreal

Anonymous

>500k/year in SF or Seattle
      >still need 5 roommates to make rent

Anonymous

ik it’s a meme but rent is less than 3k/mo in SF and 2k/mo in seattle for a studio

Anonymous

I make half that but I didn’t sell my soul. I’m good.

Anonymous

I don’t feel like supporting gnomish globo homo domination

Anonymous

I value saying scrote too much to work in scroteMAN

Anonymous

I freaking hate living in nordcuck countries. Houses cost more on average than in the US, taxes are high as communist fuck and salaries are low but people living here somehow think they are wealthy? I make 82k (before tax) here and it is considered good.

Anonymous

Denmark? Unheard of income in Finland. We are this strange eastblock pseudo-communist shit hole. Living costs more than west Europe, wages nearby Russia Petersburg oblast tier. I want out bros.

Anonymous

Sweden. I’d make more in Denmark I reckon, especially with the difference in currency with our banana republic tier SEK.

I didn’t have a good grasp on Finland, I thought perhaps because of the Euro you guys would be higher. I’m thinking about taking the scroteman pill here somewhere in europe and hope to get lucky to transfer to the US or Switzerland eventually.

Anonymous

I also have Norway on that list. Sweden has become a non-option recently for.. you know.

Anonymous

>not wanting to code in arabic++

Anonymous

>not wanting free grenade home delivery

Anonymous

Have you actually lived in the US for a while? Do you not know how good you have it?

Anonymous

That wouldn’t make me any happier than I am now

Anonymous

Because I’m a NEET and I don’t really need to work. I’m basically living off the fruits of my father’s labor. In the meantime I’m pursuing a master’s in math and thinking of doing a doctorate.

Anonymous

you better freaking invest that shit into index funds and live frugally you scrote. don’t piss away your father’s blood, sweat and tears on consooming shit.

Anonymous

It is. I also hold crypto. I don’t consume much stuff really. I have a substantial collection of math textbooks and a nice computer. Other than that I don’t really need much else.

Anonymous

woke af. make your father proud anon. go get that phd

Anonymous

i need to get promoted to senior first

Anonymous

fuck these companies and everyone that aspires to work for them

Anonymous

the real iq test is even taking the online iq test, you’re guaranteed to be under 90 if you completed it

Anonymous

i grinded shitloads of leetcode already what’s another pointless test

fuckbloat niggers

The only useful service out of FAANG is FB
      Amazon, apple, netflix and google is all useless

Amazon, just buy it directly
      apple, android is 10x better
      netflix, id rather just watch youtube tbh
      google, id rather browse tor or use searx

if only Facebook was Open source and Free, but its a botnet sadly like all of FAANG

If any of you guys work at FAANG, you aren’t a true LULZtard, you just sold your soul for mere money writing shit bloat

Anonymous

I just know you smell so bad.

Anonymous

You genuinely don’t understand anything you’re talking about

Anonymous

Why would I

Anonymous

because I told them I prefer not to work with or for nigs, scrotes, and garden gnomes.
      turns out it’s all nigs, scrotes, and garden gnomes.

Anonymous

>I just know you smell so bad.

Anonymous

I will be making $1,000,000 soon because I found out I am a black lesbian female in a white cishet body and have been opressed all my life.
      I can’t code for shit but I tick all the boxes and will dominate all you introvert incel fucks soon enough.

Anonymous

i’m not a minority or a chud or a woman, or the top 1% of actual good white male programmers. that’s the only people they hire. a few good white men who actually do the work, and the rest are diversity hires.

Anonymous

I was making 300k a year before I quit because I didn’t need the money anymore.

Anonymous

Because I’m making 500k at Robinhood/stripe/Instacart

Anonymous

Because I want to put the four month of prep it would take to get there. I was at Google out of college and felt apathetic. Switched to startups and have hung onto one for the past few years, and I definitely can’t interview like I used to. Getting back to where I was would require sacrificing my hobbies and happiness in order to accept an unpaid part-time job for a few months. The benefit being that I end up making 30-50k more in a suburb surrounded by redditors. I’d rather have my happiness.

Anonymous

working at banks is way less intensive

Anonymous

>people posting on LULZ under 135 IQ
      no wonder there’s faang hate, you’re all too low iq to even leetcode

Anonymous

>you’re all too low iq
        I never alluded to being high iq anyways. See

Anonymous

IM NOT A chud scrote NOR A SUPPORTER OF THEM

Anonymous

Too lazy to grind leetcode. I’m making $140k/year writing Clojure. It feels pretty good man.

Anonymous

why the fuck would I want to waste my awake time in these cattle factories? It does not make any sense…

Anonymous

Why is netflix on there? Might as well put disney and hulu up there while you’re at it.

Anonymous

>do all of the right things, good grades, good university, nail the internship
      >get a job at a great company working with bleeding edge technology
      >alas, be European
      >mfw making 50k with a couple years of experience
      this shit sucks

Viewing 55 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id