Why are they still using punch holes on this?

Home Forums Science & tech Why are they still using punch holes on this?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why are they still using punch holes ?
      >under display
      what a freaking abortion, god fuck this world

Anonymous

I punched a hole in you’re mothers verchina.

Anonymous

>increases complexity = higher manufacturing costs
      >makes phone more fragile
      >takes away space that could be used for other things such as a bigger battery
      >makes water proofing difficult

that’s why

Anonymous

oh yes. Please tell me more lies, very interesting

Anonymous

>no arguments
          which part is it you object to?

Anonymous

>>increases complexity = higher manufacturing costs
        The design already exist so manufacturing costs would be reduced by reusing it year after year
        >makes phone more fragile
        Not true, I dropped my OnePlus 7 Pro a hundred times and the selfie cam still works fine. Also, it’s much less fragile than the bendable phones which scratch with your fingernails.
        >takes away space that could be used for other things such as a bigger battery
        Top kek, this is simply wrong. It barely uses any space in the phone. Compared to the space you lose in your display by having a notch, it barely makes a difference
        >makes water proofing difficult
        Wrong again. OnePlus 7 Pro is waterproof. Waterproof phones have existed even when phones had removable back shells and swappable batteries. The myth of waterproofing difficulty is only to convince the goyim that it’s good they can’t change their batteries

Anonymous

>costs would be reduced
          it still costs more than not using such a mechanism at all, and these companies are all about decreasing costs maximising revenue. If you ask me this is probably the number one reason why pop-up camera phones have all but disappeared from the market.

>I dropped my OnePlus 7 Pro a hundred times
          purely anecdotal, it’s a mechanical part which means it’s more susceptible to being damaged or malfunctioning. Even if only 1 out of 1000 or even 1 out of 10,000 breaks it still significant enough when phone manufacturers make millions of phones each year.

>It barely uses any space in the phone.
          I wouldn’t call this barely. The internal space of a smarphone is at a high premium, there’s a lot of components that need to all fit in there, especially now with 5G antennas taking a lot of space and camera sensors becoming larger and larger.

>Wrong again. OnePlus 7 Pro is waterproof.
          The OP7 Pro is not water resistant, it has no IP certification and has not been tested by a independent body. In fact, there is not a single pop-up / flip camera phone that is IP-rated.

Anonymous

>it still costs more than not using such a mechanism at all, and these companies are all about decreasing costs maximising revenue.
            Yet they invest millions in R&D for under-display cameras? No, I don’t think cost is an issue. It’s much cheaper to use this mechanical design which is probably one of the cheapest component in the phone
            >purely anecdotal, it’s a mechanical part which means it’s more susceptible to being damaged or malfunctioning. Even if only 1 out of 1000 or even 1 out of 10,000 breaks it still significant enough when phone manufacturers make millions of phones each year.
            The point is it’s not "fragile". It’s been throughly tested and you can find ample stress tests on youtube of people showing how much strength is required to break those. Chances are you will most likely shatter your screen and shell before the mechanism fails.
            >I wouldn’t call this barely. The internal space of a smarphone is at a high premium, there’s a lot of components that need to all fit in there, especially now with 5G antennas taking a lot of space and camera sensors becoming larger and larger.
            Don’t know about 5G antennas, but they managed to fit those in many phones so I don’t see why suddenly it’s a problem. Selfie cams will take space too, regardless of their positions, though I’ll admit it will be less space than a pop-up camera
            >The OP7 Pro is not water resistant, it has no IP certification and has not been tested by a independent body. In fact, there is not a single pop-up / flip camera phone that is IP-rated.
            >muh certification
            Until recently, OnePlus phones have never had certification and have always had water resistance, it was simply a matter of not paying for the certification.
            The Pop-up camera has an o-ring that prevents water intrustion and it’s been tested which you can also find on YouTube

Anonymous

>such as a bigger battery
        more like shaving another 0.2mm so you can stuff your phone inside half inch thick monstrosity of a cover.

Anonymous

Shud up glowscrote simp

Anonymous

can I just, like, have a phone without a selfie camera?

Anonymous

this, even the pinephone has one lmao
        for what purpose?

Anonymous

but women are the main market for smartphones

Anonymous

There are thousands of phones on the market. All I want is ONE (1) option without a dumbass selfie cam

Anonymous

w*men only care about iphones

Anonymous

So much this. Do hackers and glowscrotes really need to be able to see my face. I’m sure there’s some always on telemetry running through ai to gauge my response to ads. I’d rather like… not. Why would I take a picture of myself?

Anonymous

>AAAAAAHHHHHHH A HOLE IN MY SCREEN IM GOING INSAAAANNNNEEEE

You people are morons

Anonymous

They are reducing the pixels in the area so a they can add a blurry camera. It’s really reaally freaking bad
        The blurry image is crap so it needs tons of "corrections" (yeah no shit)

Anonymous

>It’s really reaally freaking bad
          who cares, it’s not like you incels take any selfies anyway

Anonymous

Is this phone any good?

Anonymous

Zenfone 8 Flip (OP pic) is not worth it, you’re better off with a Zenfone 7 or 7 Pro.

Anonymous

theres no need for a camera on the screen side, i’ve literally used video-call 1 time in my life just to see how it is and it got old really fast

Anonymous

I hate that there are 9001 different phone models but not a single freaking one without a front camera at all

Anonymous

Lol just don’t flip the camera, scrotebrain

[…]
        confirmed freaking scrotebrains
        enjoy your broken chinkshit poorscrote

piss off shill, enjoy your dead pixels

Anonymous

>Lol just don’t flip the camera, scrotebrain
          I don’t want to pay for something I’m not gonna use
          Same reason why I hate RGB on literally every pc component nowadays

Anonymous

you do realise it’s cheaper to produce more of the same thing that everyone’s already buying, than to cater to your niche minimalism autism?

Anonymous

>it’s cheaper to produce more of the same thing
              then why have hundreds of different models

Anonymous

because you conveniently ignored the part
                >that everyone’s already buying
                a smartphone with no front camera makes no sense to produce. if you want a phone without a front camera, buy a Nokia 215/225 4G.

Anonymous

no one’s buying it because it doesn’t exist, genius

Anonymous

who exactly would want to buy a smartphone that can’t do video calls, apart from you, scrote?

Anonymous

>who exactly would want to buy a smartphone that can’t do video calls
                      people who don’t do video calls?? phones used to have no cameras at all and everyone bought them

Anonymous

>video calls
                        a complete meme

Anonymous

Who decided that front cameras are MANDATORY?
                  People buy phones without headphone jacks
                  People buy phones without stereo speakers
                  People buy phones without FM radio
                  People buy phones without SD card slots
                  People buy phones without swappable batteries
                  People buy phones without finger print readers
                  What makes you think no one would buy a phone without a front camera?

Anonymous

because of human’s vanity.

Anonymous

>who exactly would want to buy a smartphone that can’t do video calls
                    people who don’t do video calls?? phones used to have no cameras at all and everyone bought them

as I already said, dumbphones with no cameras already exist, so freaking buy one of those. and that’s already a niche enough product as is. cheap smartphones cost as much as decent dumbphones. freaking buy one of those and stick a screwdriver through the camera, you stupid cunt. smartphones that can’t do selfies/video calls have absolutely no market. apart from you, and you alone, you scrotebrained scrote. keep freaking crying about it.

Anonymous

>smartphones that can’t do selfies/video calls have absolutely no market.
                      source: my ass

Anonymous

I don’t want a dumb phone. I want a smart phone. A smart phone with no front camera because it’s bloat that I would never use and because it results in full-scrotebrained displays that have notches or holes in them.

Anonymous

You complain but you didn’t buy the smartphones that didn’t have holes or notches and now they are gone because there was no market for them.

Anonymous

The phone I use does not have a notch or hole

Anonymous

>it results in full-scrotebrained displays that have notches or holes in them
                        you do know that notches and holes is a simply a scrotebrained trend that started with the release of iPhone X and has nothing to do with the presence of a front camera? look at literally any smartphone released before 2017.

>I don’t want a dumb phone. I want a smart phone.
                        you want a dick up your ass, that’s what you want. if smartphones without front cameras is as great an idea as you claim, then go start a fundraiser and see how much support you’ll get. boo freaking hoo. i want a freaking 25" 16:10 UHD monitor, yet it doesn’t exist, and i can accept that it’s because there’s no market for things like that. maybe you accept that the world doesn’t revolve around your autistic whims and stop being a little scrote bitch.

Anonymous

So much hate for superior pop up cameras.
                        You must be glowie or even worse, Facebook employee.

Anonymous

literally nothing to do with anything i said.

>hurr durr go make your own! :^)
                        wow great argument

that’s not even the argument, scrote. the point is that if there was a market for a smartphone without a front camera, it would exist. yet it does not, because there is literally zero reasons for such a thing to exist. keep crying about it though.

Anonymous

>hurr durr go make your own! :^)
                        wow great argument

Anonymous

You had everything you wanted.
      Yet you dissed it.
      Shame on you.
      Now it’s gone and never comes back.

Anonymous

>cucked corners

Anonymous

What does that even mean, you turbo zoomer.

Anonymous

They’re stealing your pixels

Anonymous

That doesn’t make sense. How is it different than any other phone?

I will take the flip. 5 years until they will have equivalent front facing punch holes. Thanks

The mix 4 is already out with under display camera, scrotebrain. And the slider was the single one reliable "no selfie" option.

Anonymous

>How is it different than any other phone?
                look at phones from 5 years ago

Anonymous

It has a better camera solution and much higher screen area ratio?

Anonymous

>And the slider was the single one reliable "no selfie" option.
                So like all phones shilled in this thread. Your chink crap wasn’t and isn’t special scrotebrain

Anonymous

It doesn’t have an electric motor that others can control.

Anonymous

Yes, the haxors will hack the motors and spy on you… also without you noticing

Anonymous

It pops up and you push it down instantly, so it takes a photo. As opposed to not even heading the possibility of it.

Anonymous

tape it if you’re this much of a schizo

Anonymous

I will take the flip. 5 years until they will have equivalent front facing punch holes. Thanks

Anonymous

A sand grain says hello

Anonymous

Because motorized cameras actually respected privacy. Can’t ley goym have that, right?

Anonymous

Id think people would put up with increased possible wear for the privacy bonus of knowing when the selfie camera is up

Anonymous

>Remains of Privacy?
        >Shut It down!

Anonymous

Glowscrotes.
      No really.
      Glowscrotes banned pop up cameras.

Anonymous

shiet. I will stock up on zenfones 🙂

Anonymous

if that shits manual im fine with it

Anonymous

I thought you guys also void your warranty by removing the NSA spycam day one

Anonymous

It’s under the front glass though so I can’t disable the thing without cracking the glass.
        Otherwise I’d just take an exacto-knife and go to town on the fucker

Anonymous

What are screwdrivers

Anonymous

it seems pretty obvious to me the only reason we have front-facing cameras is primarily for glowing purposes, and secondarily for women.

they will never ever go away. any manufacturer who tries to go the pop-up route or just omit it will get a friendly tap on the shoulder by google to remind them that without a static front facing camera, they won’t be able to enrich their user’s experience with the google play platform.

Anonymous

Why can’t we just go back the simple days of bezels on top?
      How did this bezel bad meme get so bad?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id