Why are semitics so religious?

Home Forums History Why are semitics so religious?

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Why are semitics so religious?

How could such a small region shape the entire planet with their schizo beliefs?

Anonymous

Because the Bible is true. Simple as.

Muhammad used to be a Christian before he corrupted its message.

Anonymous

As far as I know, the Abrahamic religions are the only ones that require their adherents to forcibly convert those around them.

Anonymous

>forcibly

No

We preach the Good News because we believe everyone must have the opportunity to make an informed choice as to whether they want to worship God or not

Anonymous

Are you speaking on behalf of all Abrahamics?

Anonymous

No, on behalf of Christians !

Anonymous

But no one likes JW scrotes, not even other Christians.

Anonymous
                  Anonymous

Okay so all Abrahamics commit violent conversion except for the users of that one website.
                  And link spam is still spam.

Anonymous

>Okay so all Abrahamics commit violent conversion

Not necessarily. Indonesia was converted to islam through trade, so did China with Buddhism

>And link spam is still spam

I see wikipedia links being posted all the time, why aren’t they considered spam ?

Doesn’t really say much. It basically just says that some goys took up some of the gnomish rites and a few converted fully (most immigrants to the region). There really is zero concrete evidence of active proselytization on the absurd scale of christianity (Using a JW comparison, I sincerely doubt anyone was knocking on doors giving people the good news about Zeus, Jupiter, Osiris, etc), and I already said, people blended faiths and converted to and from pretty regularly back then. (I.e. romans adopting the greek pantheon, the mystery faiths, the ptolemaic cult in egypt which was a blend of greek and egyptian elements) greeks really adapted and adopted the many different faiths of the people in their spheres of influence, judaism was no different.
                    Christianity was the first one to say "Ok, I own the absolute truth, you follow my faith or you either go to hell (before they had any power) or we kill you (after they got power in the empire)"

By the first century C.E., Philo could write that the “beauty and dignity of the legislation of Moses is honoured not among the garden gnomes only, but also by all other nations.” Regarding garden gnomes living outside Palestine in the first century, gnomish historian Joseph Klausner says: “It is hard to believe that all these millions of garden gnomes had assembled themselves by emigration from little Palestine alone. One is forced to say that this great increase came also from the reception of male and female proselytes in large numbers.”

Likely some became interested in God because of discussions with garden gnomes engaged in missionary activity or by observing how they were different in conduct, custom, and behavior.

The Septuagint was the main tool assisting these God-fearers to learn about Jehovah God. While there is no way to know the exact number of first-century God-fearers, the Septuagint unquestionably spread some knowledge about God throughout the Roman Empire. By means of the Septuagint, important groundwork was also being laid.

Anonymous

Oh I didn’t realize JW’s considered Buddhism an Abrahamic religion. I think that’s probably the most delusional and/or idiotic thing I’ve seen you post so far.
                      And don’t worry the Christians and the Muslims were plenty violent in Indonesia and China.

Anonymous

I never said buddhism was an abrahamic religion, friend

I said not all religions convert by force

Anonymous

Right not all religions do convert by force, but all Abrahamic religions do you dense motherfucker.

Anonymous

Christianity didn’t

Chrostians preached to everyone, whether rich or poor, young or old all the while being persecuted by Romans and garden gnomes

People who genuinely appreciate what God did for them listened and were baptized and tehy too preached the coming of God’s Kingdom to bring people to salvation !

Anonymous

I know for a fact you don’t believe that, you just think Christianity hasn’t existed until 1920 or whatever. Half your posts are about the evil violence of fake Christians.

Anonymous

Yes my post is about genuine christianity, not fake christians

I don’t see where the contradiction is

If you want me to summarize the history of Christianity I would gladly do so

Anonymous

Right, let me see if I can guess your summary, "All the violence in the history of Christianity was done by fake/not real Christians and real Christianity didn’t start until an American failed to predict the end of the world." Do I have that right JW boy?

Anonymous

Can you find one Christian in the Bible that violently converted others or one command of Jesus that said to do so ?

Anonymous

What’s the point if you’re just going to make the braindead rebuttal of
                        >not real christians lmao

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

I have almost zero interest in inter-faith theological debate as to what constitutes ‘following Christ’. If someone calls themselves a Christian, their state calls them a Christian, their Church calls themselves a Christian church. I’m not going to argue the point. Unlike you apparently.
                        This is truly the most pathetic attempt to dodge the violence of Christianity’s past I’ve ever seen, where is the script on JW.org for this one boy?

Anonymous

What makes them christian ?

Anonymous

I thought I made it clear, we aren’t arguing this point. And I already gave you a definition. You want me to repeat myself? Is this it? Is this the good news?

Anonymous

>And I already gave you a definition

Okay thank you for your answer

If you want, let’s consider what Jesus himself says in Matthew 7:21

Do you know what it says ?

and before you reply, that includes JW schizos

Why ?

Anonymous

I’m not a Christian moron, I don’t care about your definitions. If someone calls themselves a Christian and represents a self professed Christian organization, it is not my problem.

Anonymous

Jesus himself talks about that in Matthew 7:21

He says:
                        > “Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will.

Wouldn’t you trust the founder of the religion to define himself what makes someone part of the religion ?

He confirms that calling yourself a Christian doesn’t necessarily makes you a Christian. What counts is "doing God’s will"

Did the violent history of professed christians show that they were doing God’s will ?

Anonymous

No Christian is doing God’s will because God doesn’t exist, all that there is are varying institutions claiming to do God’s will.
                        Including those institutions that are claiming to do God’s will by forcibly converting people.

Anonymous

>No Christian is doing God’s will because God doesn’t exist

What makes yous say that ?

Anonymous

Why are you asking such stupid questions? What does my definition of Christianity and my opinion of divinity have to do with Christian forced conversions?

Anonymous

Why are JW so full of themselves that they don’t think that Matthew 7:21 applies to them, but instead everyone else?
                        Sorry I just can’t take anyone seriously who does that.
                        >Why ?
                        Following a botched bible made by some American religious book selling MLMers because Charles Taze Russel, Rutherford and every other president kept freaking up and writing conflicting ramblings would be a nice start

Anonymous

I wanted to make sure if you have read my post here

>Christianity was the first one to say "Ok, I own the absolute truth, you follow my faith or you either go to hell (before they had any power) or we kill you (after they got power in the empire)"

The Bible predicted that apostate Christians would outgrow Genuine Christians after the death of the last apostle (John) in 100 AD

They taught things that weren’t in the Bible and their behavior confirmed that they didn’t follow Jesus at all

Read the parable of the wheats and the weeds

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/ws20130715/jesus-parable-wheat-and-weeds/

And what are your thoughts on that please

Besides the Bible, history does show us that the Christianity that Jesus preached isn’t the same that grew into power during the 5th century in the Roman Empire

Do you agree with this or not ?

If not, why

I wish to finish our conversation before I get banned again pls

Anonymous

I’ll tell you the same thing every time, stop spamming and you don’t get banned, just like Christianity, you don’t get to change the definition of the word spam just so it suits you.

Anonymous

The Bible does give us a definition of what makes a Christian

True worshippers respect the Bible as God’s Word. They strive to live by its principles. So true religion differs from religion that is woke af on men’s ideas. (Matthew 15:7-9) True worshippers do not preach one thing and practice another.—Read John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

Jesus’ true followers honor God’s name, Jehovah. Jesus honored God’s name by making it known. He helped people to know God and taught them to pray that God’s name be sanctified. (Matthew 6:9)—Read John 17:26; Romans 10:13, 14.

True Christians preach about God’s Kingdom. God sent Jesus to preach the good news of the Kingdom. God’s Kingdom is the only hope for mankind. Jesus continued speaking about it until his dying day. (Luke 4:43; 8:1; 23:42, 43) He said that his followers would preach about it.—Read Matthew 24:14.

Jesus’ followers are no part of this wicked world. You can recognize them by the way they take no part in politics or social conflicts. (John 17:16; 18:36) Also, they do not imitate the world’s harmful practices and attitudes.—Read James 4:4.

True Christians have outstanding love for one another. From God’s Word, they learn to respect all ethnic groups. Although false religions have often strongly supported the wars of the nations, true worshippers refuse to do so. (Micah 4:1-3) Rather, true Christians unselfishly use their time and resources to help and encourage others.—Read John 13:34, 35; 1 John 4:20.

It’s not my opinion or changing the definition, it’s the standards that God has set

Anonymous

Every single Christian group claims to do those things. Including the ones who commit violent conversions.

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

Yes of course those are two different things, however this is not what is going on. All Christians are claiming to do those things, which is what I said.
                        The difference is what they interpret those actions to mean. i.e. how to implement God’s will. And I’m not going to argue how one group fails to implement this and another doesn’t.
                        This is truly the lowest form of sophistry.
                        Arguments over minutiae aren’t going to convince me that violence in the name of Christ should be ignored as Christian violence.

Anonymous

I’m not sure how you can interprete something that isn’t here

Can you please find one Christian in the Bible that violently converted others or one command of Jesus that said to do so ?

Why are you asking such stupid questions? What does my definition of Christianity and my opinion of divinity have to do with Christian forced conversions?

Wouldn’t you trust the founder of the religion to define himself what makes someone part of the religion ?

Anonymous

Lol you really like asking the same questions over and over don’t you.
                        >Can you please find one Christian in the Bible that violently converted others or one command of Jesus that said to do so ?

Can you find one Christian in the Bible that violently converted others or one command of Jesus that said to do so ?

>Can you find one Christian in the Bible that violently converted others or one command of Jesus that said to do so ?

It’s like talking to a real life bot, I guess this is what JW does to you? You start acting like a program with only a handful of responses. I guess I have no choice but to repeat myself again, I’m not talking about the bible I’m talking about the religion and I can give you a million examples. What do you think about that? They don’t count because they only called themselves Christians and worshipped Christ incorrectly?

Anonymous

>I’m not talking about the bible I’m talking about the religion and I can give you a million examples. What do you think about that? They don’t count because they only called themselves Christians and worshipped Christ incorrectly?

do you think they are christian according to the Bible ?

Anonymous

Oh I’m not defining Christians by scripture, you really want to repeat all this again? You want to ask me how I define them for the third or fourth time? Go on do it I dare you.

Anonymous

Sorry if I keep "repeating myself" but I’m want to know something

The Bible says there will be fake christians as in Matthew 7:21

But for you, all christians are the same and there are no fake christian

is that correct ?

Anonymous

Well for me, if someone tells me they are a Christian I believe them, like today you say you are a Christian okay I believe you, tomorrow another Christian comes up to me and he says he is Christian and that JWs aren’t Christian, okay I believe him to. You are both Christians and both think the other isn’t. Now I’m curious if this is actually something you can wrap your head around lol.
                        And speaking of repeating things I think you have mentioned that verse like fie times as well.

Anonymous

so you believe Matthew 7:21 is wrong

correct ?

Anonymous

Yeah I think its wrong, I don’t think if you do anything one way or the other you get to heaven. But again, why are you asking me?

Anonymous

He’s saying that regardless of the politics between different christians, most of these christians genuinely acted how they did because they truly believed they were THE true chrisitans and acted in gods will. That’s why they are identified as christians

Anonymous

Hitler genuinely believed what he did was right as well

Anonymous

yea
                        >most of these christians genuinely acted how they did because they truly believed they were THE true christians and acted in gods will
                        How do you know they didn’t. But I doubt a 12th century peasent would uproot his entire life to follow his lord thousands of miles to fight brown people with onionhats in a desert if he didn’t believe in it himself. I supoose you could say many people just did it for show, like many a pope. But not many people on ground level would kill for something they didn’t believe in.

Anonymous

>most of these christians genuinely acted how they did because they truly believed they were THE true chrisitans and acted in gods will.

how do you know that ?

Yeah I think its wrong, I don’t think if you do anything one way or the other you get to heaven. But again, why are you asking me?

Do you know who founded Christianity ?

Anonymous

>Do you know who founded Christianity ?
                        I’m going to guess you think Christ founded Christianity. But in my opinion this is irrelevant to how Christians act and what makes a person a Christianity. Romulus founded the Roman empire, so what? Every person that doesn’t live like Romulus is no longer a Roman?

Anonymous

>I’m going to guess you think Christ founded Christianity

right, and do you know who is speakign at Matthew 7:21 ?

Anonymous

Yeah the guy who supposedly wrote it, Matthew. Are you saying Matthew is the founder of Christianity?

Anonymous

And who is Matthew quoting ?

Anonymous

Oh yeah he is quoting John the Baptist right?

Anonymous

nope

Anonymous

I told you there isn’t a point in theological argument. Since I believe the theology is irrelevant in what makes a Christian, what other criteria is there? That they should all follow the founder? We already pointed out how useless that was. What other criteria do I have left then?

Anonymous

wouldn’t you believe the founder of the religion to himself tell us who he considers part of the religion ?

True I misspoke, the Israelites worshipped many Canaanite gods alongside with Yahweh, whose name had been known since at least 1500 bce. Claiming the name was unknown before Jesus is disingenuous at best

>the Israelites worshipped many Canaanite gods alongside with Yahweh

yes the Bible talks about their idolatry and infidelity numerous times

>whose name had been known since at least 1500 bce

in written form, sure. Moses received the mosaic law in 1613 BCE

>Claiming the name was unknown before Jesus is disingenuous at best

I agree

Anonymous

>I agree
                        Ok so can you clarify what you meant by
                        >Jesus’ true followers honor God’s name, Jehovah. Jesus honored God’s name by making it known.
                        why would he make a name known that was already known?

Anonymous

Jesus made known God’s name by using it in his ministry.

When Jesus read from the Scriptures, as he often did, he would have pronounced God’s personal name. (Luke 4:16-21)

He taught his followers to pray: “Father, let your name be sanctified.”—Luke 11:2.

Wikipedia says garden gnomes at thattime had a tendency to replace the Divine Name by Adonai or HaShem.

Anonymous

>Adonai or HaShem.
                        Hell is a long time to be wrong that Jesus isn’t His name.

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

Name one (1) verse in the NT where the name YHWH directly appears

Anonymous

there is compelling evidence that the Tetragrammaton did appear in the original Greek manuscripts. The decision was woke af on the following evidence:

Copies of the Hebrew Scriptures used in the days of Jesus and his apostles contained the Tetragrammaton throughout the text. In the past, few people disputed that conclusion. Now that copies of the Hebrew Scriptures dating back to the first century have been discovered near Qumran, the point has been proved beyond any doubt.

In the days of Jesus and his apostles, the Tetragrammaton also appeared in Greek translations of the Hebrew Scriptures. For centuries, scholars thought that the Tetragrammaton was absent from manuscripts of the Greek Septuagint translation of the Hebrew Scriptures. Then, in the mid-20th century, some very old fragments of the Greek Septuagint version that existed in Jesus’ day were brought to the attention of scholars. Those fragments contain the personal name of God, written in Hebrew characters. So in Jesus’ day, copies of the Scriptures in Greek did contain the divine name. However, by the fourth century C.E., major manuscripts of the Greek Septuagint, such as the Codex Vaticanus and Codex Sinaiticus, did not contain the divine name in the books from Genesis through Malachi (where it had been in earlier manuscripts). Hence, it is not surprising that in texts preserved from that time period, the divine name is not found in the so-called New Testament, or Greek Scripture portion of the Bible.

Anonymous

Recognized Bible translators have used God’s name in the Christian Greek Scriptures. Some of these translators did so long before the New World Translation was produced. These translators and their works include: A Literal Translation of the New Testament . . . From the Text of the Vatican Manuscript, by Herman Heinfetter (1863); The Emphatic Diaglott, by Benjamin Wilson (1864); The Epistles of Paul in Modern English, by George Barker Stevens (1898); St. Paul’s Epistle to the Romans, by W. G. Rutherford (1900); The New Testament Letters, by J.W.C. Wand, Bishop of London (1946). In addition, in a Spanish translation in the early 20th century, translator Pablo Besson used “Jehová” at Luke 2:15 and Jude 14, and nearly 100 footnotes in his translation suggest the divine name as a likely rendering. Long before those translations, Hebrew versions of the Christian Greek Scriptures from the 16th century onward used the Tetragrammaton in many passages. In the German language alone, at least 11 versions use “Jehovah” (or the transliteration of the Hebrew “Yahweh”) in the Christian Greek Scriptures, while four translators add the name in parentheses after “Lord.” More than 70 German translations use the divine name in footnotes or commentaries.

Anonymous

The Christian Greek Scriptures themselves report that Jesus often referred to God’s name and made it known to others. (John 17:6, 11, 12, 26) Jesus plainly stated: “I have come in the name of my Father.” He also stressed that his works were done in his “Father’s name.”—John 5:43; 10:25.

Since the Christian Greek Scriptures were an inspired addition to the sacred Hebrew Scriptures, the sudden disappearance of Jehovah’s name from the text would seem inconsistent. About the middle of the first century C.E., the disciple James said to the elders in Jerusalem: “Symeon has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name.” (Acts 15:14) It would not be logical for James to make such a statement if no one in the first century knew or used God’s name.

The divine name appears in its abbreviated form in the Christian Greek Scriptures. At Revelation 19:1, 3, 4, 6, the divine name is embedded in the word “Hallelujah.” This comes from a Hebrew expression that literally means “Praise Jah.” “Jah” is a contraction of the name Jehovah. Many names used in the Christian Greek Scriptures were derived from the divine name. In fact, reference works explain that Jesus’ own name means “Jehovah Is Salvation.”

Anonymous

Early gnomish writings indicate that gnomish Christians used the divine name in their writings. The Tosefta, a written collection of oral laws that was completed by about 300 C.E., says with regard to Christian writings that were burned on the Sabbath: “The books of the Evangelists and the books of the minim [thought to be gnomish Christians] they do not save from a fire. But they are allowed to burn where they are, they and the references to the Divine Name which are in them.” This same source quotes Rabbi Yosé the Galilean, who lived at the beginning of the second century C.E., as saying that on other days of the week, “one cuts out the references to the Divine Name which are in them [understood to refer to the Christian writings] and stores them away, and the rest burns.”

Some Bible scholars acknowledge that it seems likely that the divine name appeared in Hebrew Scripture quotations found in the Christian Greek Scriptures. Under the heading “Tetragrammaton in the New Testament,” The Anchor Bible Dictionary states: “There is some evidence that the Tetragrammaton, the Divine Name, Yahweh, appeared in some or all of the O[ld] T[estament] quotations in the N[ew] T[estament] when the NT documents were first penned.” Scholar George Howard says: “Since the Tetragram was still written in the copies of the Greek Bible [the Septuagint] which made up the Scriptures of the early church, it is reasonable to believe that the N[ew] T[estament] writers, when quoting from Scripture, preserved the Tetragram within the biblical text.”

for (you)

Name one (1) verse in the NT where the name YHWH directly appears

>wouldn’t you believe the founder of the religion to himself tell us who he considers part of the religion ?
                        Oh well because you all disagree on what the founder says, and its not super relevant. Come on I thought that example about Romulans and the Romans was pretty good.
                        Still having problems understanding this I see, I’m not sure how to explain this to you any better way. Maybe if you saw a debate between to worshippers of Zeus and they were both trying to convince you that the other was not a true follower. But then they both gave offerings at the temple the next day, would you decide one of them was the real follower and another the fraud?

>Oh well because you all disagree on what the founder says

why

>Maybe if you saw a debate between to worshippers of Zeus and they were both trying to convince you that the other was not a true follower. But then they both gave offerings at the temple the next day, would you decide one of them was the real follower and another the fraud?

it would depend on what Zeus said on how to worship him

Anonymous

>YHWH’s name is referenced in 1 chapter as the last syllable of a contraction of a transliteration of a Hebrew word
                        That’s it! I’m convinced! JWs were right, YHWH’s name is practically plastered across the NT

Anonymous

Early gnomish writings indicate that gnomish Christians used the divine name in their writings. The Tosefta, a written collection of oral laws that was completed by about 300 C.E., says with regard to Christian writings that were burned on the Sabbath: “The books of the Evangelists and the books of the minim [thought to be gnomish Christians] they do not save from a fire. But they are allowed to burn where they are, they and the references to the Divine Name which are in them.” This same source quotes Rabbi Yosé the Galilean, who lived at the beginning of the second century C.E., as saying that on other days of the week, “one cuts out the references to the Divine Name which are in them [understood to refer to the Christian writings] and stores them away, and the rest burns.”

Some Bible scholars acknowledge that it seems likely that the divine name appeared in Hebrew Scripture quotations found in the Christian Greek Scriptures. Under the heading “Tetragrammaton in the New Testament,” The Anchor Bible Dictionary states: “There is some evidence that the Tetragrammaton, the Divine Name, Yahweh, appeared in some or all of the O[ld] T[estament] quotations in the N[ew] T[estament] when the NT documents were first penned.” Scholar George Howard says: “Since the Tetragram was still written in the copies of the Greek Bible [the Septuagint] which made up the Scriptures of the early church, it is reasonable to believe that the N[ew] T[estament] writers, when quoting from Scripture, preserved the Tetragram within the biblical text.”

Anonymous

Hi JW anon just wanted to give you an update on my activities…
                        I successfully infiltrated your church 6 months ago and have converted no less than 26 members back to protestant evangelism. Turns out that JW have a natural affinity for proselytizing, and once they actually understand the bible they are fervent evangelists. I’d like to thank you for training them so well.
                        On a side note, if you ever feel like renouncing your heretical ways, I still have a position open for being my wife. I’d put like 15 beautiful protestant babies inside you.
                        That aside, I’m working on a particularly tough nut to crack. I think within the month I’ll have him denouncing JWs and retuning to the true church. Wish me luck!

Anonymous

>Jesus made known God’s name by using it in his ministry.
                        If this were true then Luke 11:2 would read "Yahweh, let your name be sanctified"

Anonymous

>wouldn’t you believe the founder of the religion to himself tell us who he considers part of the religion ?
                        Oh well because you all disagree on what the founder says, and its not super relevant. Come on I thought that example about Romulans and the Romans was pretty good.
                        Still having problems understanding this I see, I’m not sure how to explain this to you any better way. Maybe if you saw a debate between to worshippers of Zeus and they were both trying to convince you that the other was not a true follower. But then they both gave offerings at the temple the next day, would you decide one of them was the real follower and another the fraud?

Anonymous

no

Anonymous

>and do you know who is speakign at Matthew 7:21 ?
                        me

Anonymous

He can’t figure this out, pretty funny honestly.

Anonymous

>Why?
                        I just said it, it was written by an organization with an agenda to keep its flowering in their cult and because it was increasingly difficult to follow the conflicting writing of the different presidents. Why would I follow this fringe group with a suspicious bible or any modern translation for that matter? Its all been filtered by centuries of political and ideological machinations, since the only thing that Christians hate more than apostates are other Christians seemingly…

Anonymous

>it was written by an organization with an agenda

What is its agenda ?

>to keep its flowering in their cult

What is their purpose ?

>follow the conflicting writing of the different presidents

Can you name one example ?

>Why would I follow this fringe group with a suspicious bible or any modern translation for that matter?

How is the Bible suspicious ?

>Its all been filtered by centuries of political and ideological machinations, since the only thing that Christians hate more than apostates are other Christians seemingly…

Commenting on the text of the Hebrew Scriptures (commonly called the “Old Testament”), scholar William H. Green stated: “It may be safely said that no other work of antiquity has been so accurately transmitted.”

Regarding the Christian Greek Scriptures, or “New Testament,” Bible scholar F. F. Bruce wrote: “The evidence for our New Testament writings is ever so much greater than the evidence for many writings of classical authors, the authenticity of which no one dreams of questioning.”

Sir Frederic Kenyon, a noted authority on Bible manuscripts, stated that one “can take the whole Bible in his hand and say without fear or hesitation that he holds in it the true Word of God, handed down without essential loss from generation to generation throughout the centuries.”

Anonymous

Yahweh (El) was just one of the many Canaanite gods. His name was already known for thousands of years.

Anonymous

the name Yahweh has never ever been found in Canaanite culture.

Anonymous

True I misspoke, the Israelites worshipped many Canaanite gods alongside with Yahweh, whose name had been known since at least 1500 bce. Claiming the name was unknown before Jesus is disingenuous at best

Anonymous

>Would agree that if someone doesn’t follow what Christ said then he isn’t a Christians, yes or no ?
                        Then almost 100% of christians to ever exist would be "real" christians

Anonymous

and before you reply, that includes JW schizos

Anonymous

I’m not talking about the bible, I’m talking about the religion. And I have a million examples of Christians forcing conversions since it starts as soon as the become a state religion and hasn’t stopped yet.

Anonymous

[…]

Would agree that if someone doesn’t follow what Christ said then he isn’t a Christians, yes or no ?

Genuinely asking

This is right but the way you are using it to prove your point is incorrect. It is impossible to follow Christ to a T since you will eventually fuck up and sin in your life. Being a Christian means trying to follow in the steps of Jesus and recognizing and repenting for the mistakes along the way. There’s nothing in the Bible that says "True" Christians don’t spread the word through violence. Those ones are just sinning, doesn’t make them any less Christian.

Anonymous
                      Anonymous

>Indonesia was converted to islam through trade, so did China with Buddhism
                      absolutely scrotebrained take
                      Islam was introduced through trade, yes, but most of the islands were islamisized through outright conquest. You would know that if you bothered to read 5 minutes of wikipedia at least

>The Septuagint was the main tool assisting these God-fearers to learn about Jehovah God. While there is no way to know the exact number of first-century God-fearers, the Septuagint unquestionably spread some knowledge about God throughout the Roman Empire. By means of the Septuagint, important groundwork was also being laid.
                      Are you intentionally misunderstanding me. All I said was judaism was/is insular (which is true), This does NOT imply that people did not convert or adapt gnomish teaching and rites into their personals faiths. garden gnomes did and still do NOT proselytize like Christians do. Christians willingly spread to every corner of the empire to actively bring people into their cult. No other faith had done that to such an extent. Before, to learn about and be introduced to a faith, you needed to go to them to learn about what it entailed. After Christianity, the faith came to you and you’d better be ready to kneel.

Anonymous

>Islam was introduced through trade, yes, but most of the islands were islamisized through outright conquest. You would know that if you bothered to read 5 minutes of wikipedia at least

Okay

>Are you intentionally misunderstanding me. All I said was judaism was/is insular (which is true), This does NOT imply that people did not convert or adapt gnomish teaching and rites into their personals faiths. garden gnomes did and still do NOT proselytize like Christians do. Christians willingly spread to every corner of the empire to actively bring people into their cult. No other faith had done that to such an extent. Before, to learn about and be introduced to a faith, you needed to go to them to learn about what it entailed. After Christianity, the faith came to you and you’d better be ready to kneel.

I think garden gnomes similarly did preach their faith as far as they could, though not as far as Christianity of course

See: https://web.archive.org/web/20180524044955/https://www.haaretz.com/1.5007179

" The people did not spread, but the gnomish religion spread. Judaism was a converting religion. Contrary to popular opinion, in early Judaism there was a great thirst to convert others. "

>Christianity didn’t
                        imagine having the balls to say this
                        I was trying to be respectful with my post […] But now you just confirmed you’re an utter scrotebrain

>imagine having the balls to say this

I stand by what I said though

Can you name one example of Christians forcing their religion on others ?

Anonymous

I know there is a pretty famous case of the maccabees forcefully converting the edomites. But othewise I will just leave it at that, religion in antiquity was much more decentralized and much lesser proselytizing took place. I guess I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt when there was probably some garden gnomes spreading their faith, but the majority joined because they wanted too instead of being bombarded by a door knocker or by the sword.
                        >Can you name one example of Christians forcing their religion on others ?
                        I could give you countless examples but see

What’s the point if you’re just going to make the braindead rebuttal of
                        >not real christians lmao

. I know you’ll just say none of them were """"real"""" chrisitans, so i’d rather not waste that time

Anonymous

> I know you’ll just say none of them were """"real"""" chrisitans, so i’d rather not waste that time

Would agree that if someone doesn’t follow what Christ said then he isn’t a Christian, yes or no ?

Genuinely asking

Anonymous

Didn’t the Greek Seleucids try to force the worship of Greek Gods onto the garden gnomes though?

Anonymous

Okay so in that case I’m mostly correct about abhramics, now are you speaking on behalf of all Christians like say Catholics?

Anonymous

Because the Bible is true. Simple as.

Muhammad used to be a Christian before he corrupted its message.

Are you the JW schizo back?

Anonymous

>We
          So tell me, how many souls have you saved so far? How many people did you convert to whatever christian sect you are part of? Did you go to some bum in the street or muslim refugee and show him the light? Be honest, lying is, as you should know, a sin.

Anonymous

Judaism was/is pretty insular
      christianity was really the first of its kind that actively held itself above other faiths and actively proselytized which no other faith did either at all or nowhere near the extent of christianity. If anything I’m surprised it took this long to get a religion that spreads like the plague and doesn’t get diluted/merged with other faiths like greek polytheism did during the hellenistic period

Anonymous

Greek and Romans tell us that garden gnomes actually actively spread the message of the Tanakh to Gentiles

That’s why there were a number of converts and "God-Fearers" in the old Empire

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God-fearer

Anonymous

>> Greek and Romans tell us that garden gnomes actually actively spread the message of the Tanakh to Gentiles
          > Wikipedia
          > Sourcing a bunch of garden gnome rodents
          Ignored!
          Provide primary sources or GTFO.

Anonymous

Doesn’t really say much. It basically just says that some goys took up some of the gnomish rites and a few converted fully (most immigrants to the region). There really is zero concrete evidence of active proselytization on the absurd scale of christianity (Using a JW comparison, I sincerely doubt anyone was knocking on doors giving people the good news about Zeus, Jupiter, Osiris, etc), and I already said, people blended faiths and converted to and from pretty regularly back then. (I.e. romans adopting the greek pantheon, the mystery faiths, the ptolemaic cult in egypt which was a blend of greek and egyptian elements) greeks really adapted and adopted the many different faiths of the people in their spheres of influence, judaism was no different.
          Christianity was the first one to say "Ok, I own the absolute truth, you follow my faith or you either go to hell (before they had any power) or we kill you (after they got power in the empire)"

Anonymous

>Christianity was the first one to say "Ok, I own the absolute truth, you follow my faith or you either go to hell (before they had any power) or we kill you (after they got power in the empire)"

The Bible predicted that apostate Christians would outgrow Genuine Christians after the death of the last apostle (John) in 100 AD

They taught things that weren’t in the Bible and their behavior confirmed that they didn’t follow Jesus at all

Read the parable of the wheats and the weeds

https://www.jw.org/en/library/magazines/ws20130715/jesus-parable-wheat-and-weeds/

Anonymous

It wasn’t Semitic, it was hametic.
      All Abrahimic religion have their origin in Atenism.
      Surprisingly enough, Atenism never became popular amongst the people who invented it (ancient Egyptians).
      It only really took off in Palestine.

Anonymous

Akenhaten ruled 200 years after God made a covenant with Moses

Anonymous

Cause we’re not scrotes like steppe scrotes and we remain the only masculine race in the world with an appreciation of hierarchy, which includes the one true God at the top.

Anonymous

This question goes back to ye olde Sunday School lessons. That Jesus Christ came at exactly the right timing as roads, concrete, books or scrolls, could be made, and the gospel could spread as far and wide and as fast as possible. Before these things existed, it would have been much harder, or even impossible, to spread the gospel by ship, by cart, or by safety of travel.

So God waited until things were just right on the earth for Jesus to come. I mean, the prophecies alone were so numerous and complicated for humans to have set up, themselves, that no one person could have figured it all out theirself. So it is definitely a proof in itself, and God gave such proof for man to awe in God’s planning.

God is not represented by only the three icons shown in this picture, in passing. In fact, those three guys are trying to deceive from the Word being that Heaven has no king but Jesus Himself. The signs are just trying to help.

Just as now there is internet, jets, spaceships flown by computers, home robots are on their way, faster gigabit internet is on its way, more realistic videogames are on their way in addition to augmented reality for the home desktop computer that can pilot said robots. Immortality is on its way. The Kingdom of God is near, and it is in Heaven. The earth passeth away. The resurrection of the dead is coming closer. The times are also darker, but, the light of Christ is life and eternal life, and no darkness can put it out.

Anonymous

>Judaism
        Being enslaved by roman empire after a revolt, then rebuilding after it collapsed.
        >Christianity
        Providing Soup and Schools. Thus creating a social safety net while the empire abandoned it’s duties. Which none of the other mystery cults did.
        >Islam
        Punching eastern Rome and New-Persia in the dick then tolerating their new subjects faiths, and raising the living standards.

This could be the basis of a theistic argument.

Anonymous

>This could be the basis of a theistic argument.
          Nope, that’s just the truth.

Anonymous

Also, anime poster. Filtered. The JW is filtered as well, since they don’t actually type anything original. They have some robot that automates their responses for theirself.

Anonymous

ew… filters

Anonymous

I’m disappointed you gave up so easily on trying to prove to me Christians weren’t violent JW boy.

Anonymous

Do you have any examples ?

Anonymous
            Anonymous

>Charlemagne and the Saxons

what makes them christian ?

>And did you ask me why Christians disagree?

why do they ?

>Okay and in the Zeus example, there isn’t a clear direction one way or another.

Then I don’t think your example can be compared to Christianity since there are clear directions

>Zeus says tie your sandals, both guys tie their sandals different ways and argue which honors Zeus more, what do you do?

If Zeus didn’t specify they’re both right

Anonymous

Oh they worship Christ. And why do Christians disagree? You tell me you disagree with them more than I do. And I think my example is great since you Christians always disagree when the language is vague.

Anonymous

>Oh they worship Christ

That would be problematic since Jesus himself directed attention and worship only to Jehovah God.

For example, when prodded to do an act of worship to the Devil, Jesus said: “It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.” (Matthew 4:10)

Later Jesus instructed his disciples: “Do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One.”—Matthew 23:9.

>And why do Christians disagree?

see: https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/christian-denominations/

>And I think my example is great since you Christians always disagree when the language is vague.

do you have an example please

Anonymous

Yeah Jesus said don’t be violent and then he was beating garden gnomes outside the temple, what the hell?
                  Oh and I said they were Christians who worshipped Christ, not Jehovians who worship Jehovah. Was there some confusion there?

Anonymous

>he was beating garden gnomes outside the temple

nowhere does it say this

>Oh and I said they were Christians who worshipped Christ, not Jehovians who worship Jehovah. Was there some confusion there?

so you’re saying worshipping Christ makes you a Christian, correct ?

Anonymous

Uh, how did he get those garden gnomes out then, did he ask nicely? And yes, pretty sure that’s the definition of Christian, worshiping Christ.

Anonymous

>Uh, how did he get those garden gnomes out then, did he ask nicely?

He smashed their thieving devices and drove out the cattles bu whipping the floor

>And yes, pretty sure that’s the definition of Christian, worshiping Christ.

That would be problematic since Jesus himself directed attention and worship only to Jehovah God.

For example, when prodded to do an act of worship to the Devil, Jesus said: “It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.” (Matthew 4:10)

Later Jesus instructed his disciples: “Do not call anyone your father on earth, for one is your Father, the heavenly One.”—Matthew 23:9.

Anonymous

Whipping sounds like beating to me friend. And is smashing someone’s property not violent?
                        Okay yeah you see I’m saying they are Christians who worship Christ not Jehovians who worship Jehovah. Was there some confusion there?

Anonymous

Ah, the daily JW shizo thread

Anonymous

Schizophrenia begets religion, especially the semetic ones. Being the right schizo at the right (such as the fella in picrel) can make a LOT of difference, further fueling future schizos

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id