Which faith is the most scrotebrained out of Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormonism?

Home Forums General & off-topic Which faith is the most scrotebrained out of Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormonism?

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Which one is the most scrotebrained?
      Jehovah’s Witnesses or Mormon?

Anonymous

i wouldn’t say either is scrotebrained. In general, JWs recruit from a lower stratum of society, while the mormon demographic profile is middle class white with less dysfunction than the norm.

Anonymous

They’re both nice groups of people who take their beliefs seriously. It’s good to see that in an age of moral decay and absolute degeneracy. You may think their beliefs are quirky but at least they adhere to some semblance of traditional values. That’s refreshing. You don’t have to agree with them to give them that.

Anonymous

Mormons, they are woke af on a known lairs testimony about a fake book to attempt to re-write scripture to fit his own opinions about God.

JW are deceptive and smart, they brainwash their follower to stay out of politics while they themselves secretly play politics amongts their flock. Don’t underestimate them.

Dirk

JW are even more clearly woke af on known lies
        Mormons appeal to a vague emotional/spiritual sense that their doctrine is true, JW convince themselves that there’s a grand conspiracy against the true meaning of christian scripture which only they figured out

Anonymous

I suppose you could say that about Mormons too.

Anonymous

As someone who’s lived among a lot of them, not really. The most conspiratorial I’ve even seen Mormons get is about covid (and not even in the ways you’re probably thinking), I can’t really think of Mormons who think there’s a grand conspiracy pushed to discredit their religion.

Anonymous

What do the Mormons think about Covid?

Anonymous

We aren’t a hivemind anon. People think different thinks about it.

Anonymous

Yes, but the Mormon poster above said:
                  >The most conspiratorial I’ve even seen Mormons get is about covid (and not even in the ways you’re probably thinking)
                  I was hoping he would elaborate.

Anonymous

The JWs on my street are very secretive and private. They have a lot of money to throw away and the only reason I know they hate politics is they gave me a booklet one time, the other thing that bothered me about them is the way they describe the Holy Spirit as being an entity that only they can receive at their church.

Anonymous

>JW convince themselves that there’s a grand conspiracy against the true meaning of christian scripture which only they figured out
          This describes literally every Christian denomination that isn’t like catholic, Baptist or Lutheran

Anonymous

To be fair the bible is open source and anyone can read it, christians in general love to get you to read it and think for yourself. JWs pretend to have special knowledge that you can only get by becoming one of them.

Anonymous

JWs are a cult, you can’t get more scrotebrained than that. Mormons may sound stupid but they at least have opportunities to live a decent life. They’re usually educated enough to hold a conversation without they trying to convert you randomly or dumb shit like that. I really feel for JWs who’re stuck on their shitty world because Mormons may have it bad, but not as bad, and they can leave without that many repercussions.

Damn, you’re getting pretty woke af Dirk.

>JW convince themselves that there’s a grand conspiracy against the true meaning of christian scripture which only they figured out
          This describes literally every Christian denomination that isn’t like catholic, Baptist or Lutheran

JWs take it to another whole level. It’s almost Scientology tier brainwashing, for example they can’t go to universities and they can only read their own sources for literally everything they’re interested in.

Anonymous

Mormons are simply what Evangelicals wish they were; Mormons are successful in business and are strong presences in their communities, Evangelicals are failures and frauds and everyone hates them.

Yes Mormonism is incredibly stupid and super racist until like the ’70s or whenever, but Mormon missionaries are nice and woke af.

Anonymous

This is what I’ve seen too, you’ll see other christcucks ree about them not being christian then seethe at how the mormons are everything they want their church to be

Anonymous

Joseph Smith was a pretty clever fellow. He cobbled together out of Christianity, Islam, Confucianism, and the American Gospel of Success a very eclectic religion that gained some serious traction in America. But I think the days of the LDS are numbered since the Mormon church has decided to throw its lot in with globoshlomo.

Anonymous

Mormons are also unironically very cultured about the wider world, or at least their missionaries are. They have some crazy intense language learning bootcamp and then get deployed to the ass end of the earth equipped with their language skills.
        They unironically could cure monolinguism in the USA

Anonymous

This is the reason Mitt Romney speaks really really freaking good french. Mormons should open up language schools. Then again the learners are quite dedicated as the genuinely thinking they are learning to convert the world, probably studying 18 hours a day

Anonymous

I wish both could see the garden gnomes for what they really are.

Anonymous

>Mormonism is incredibly stupid and super racist until like the ’70s
        oh no that sucks

Anonymous

Mormon is more scrotebrained but both are pretty scrotebrained too

Anonymous

I was a Jehovah’s witness for 18 years. Ask me anything

Anonymous

Were you a Jehova’s witness for 18 years

Anonymous

Yes

Anonymous

Are Christmas, Easter, and Halloween banned?
        Do JW believe in the trinity?
        Do they believe in hell and purgatory?
        Do they believe Jesus is god?

I won’t google this stuff so either answer or disappoint me.

Anonymous

How many 355mL cans can you fit in your ass?

Anonymous

Half of one, if I’ve already drunk several

Anonymous

Were you allowed to bring up politics with your JW friends at church?

Anonymous

How exactly do JWs specifically view Catholics, Orthodox, Evangelicals, misc. protestants, and, relevant to the thread, Mormons? Are they all rolled together as equally bad/corrupt, or do they have individual opinions about the specific types of other Chirstianity?

Anonymous

Jehovah’s Witnesses are pretty elitist and binary. They don’t really make a distinction between Christians and Non-Christians. You are either "right" (believing exactly what they believe) or you are wrong (everyone else). The only distinction is that they may try to use your Christian faith as a "in" for conversion. "Hey, we’re both Christians here." "well you’re a Christian so I’m sure you’re aware of what Matthew 6:15 says" etc.

How do you get through to a committed JW with proof it’s a sham?

You can’t. The more you try to convince anyone that their world views suck the more they’ll double down. I got out because casual observation over time made me feel that the Truth (that’s what they call their religion internally) wasn’t really "the truth". I had to reach that conclusion on my own.

Dirk

But how did you begin to make those observations? How would you attempt to draw a loved one out?

Anonymous

What parts of the teachings don’t you think are true?

I was in a bit of a unique situation. I was raised in the faith but my family was always kind of on the fringe. My Mom got disfellowshipped (their version of excommunication) shortly before their divorce when I was very young. My Dad is bipolar and when he was depressed we wouldn’t attend any of the services, so I would often go weeks and even months without practicing the faith. I was allowed to curse, play violent video games, watch violent movies and spooky ghost stuff from a pretty young age and due to anxiety and shit I never had any JW friends. So it wasn’t that hard for me to make the leap. I never really had the actual faith that it was all real and God really existed the way they said he did. So for me, watching people blatantly be hypocritical, and not having good answers to my questions, was enough to push me out of it.

I think that if my dad had done a better job of staying consistent and had socialized me better with other witnesses I might have stayed in. All of my siblings eventually left the church. The only ex-JW I know outside of my family rabidly believes that they’re right about everything and he intends to go back one day.

Anonymous

Did you go back to mainstream Christianity or did you walk away from organized religion altogether?

Anonymous

i walked from it all. I would consider myself a agnostic in the vein of "i dont really care either way". religious people dont bother me so long as they respect my boundaries, and i actually admire a lot of the conviction, values and the communal aspects of organized religion. its not for me though

Anonymous

What parts of the teachings don’t you think are true?

Dirk

How do you get through to a committed JW with proof it’s a sham?

Anonymous

Your thoughts on the schizo JWposter who shits up all the Christian/Bible threads with their copypasta and shitty drawings?

Anonymous

How’d you get out?

Anonymous

Nvm this was answered

Anonymous

Mormons are actually quite fascinating. Their missionaries are often multilingual and for some reason really good at basketball.
      >t. Lived in Brazil and was approached by them often

Anonymous

yes

Anonymous

Neither, the non-Trinitarians and non-Nicenes are woke af because their sola scripturas utterly reveal the frivolity and farcicality in American """Christianity""" leaving us to think our faith to newer heights.

Every new heterodoxy reveals Nicenism for the farcical mixture of Greek philosophy, British Israelism and whatever-ideology of the day is being infused onto the words of the Thieves of the Cross. The whole Ecumene is glorious.

Anonymous

Mormons are cucked, i heard

Anonymous

Was a Mormon for 30 years and still am one. Ask me anything

Anonymous

Did God really change his mind about scrotes?

Anonymous

God may have, but I sure haven’t

Anonymous

woke af

Anonymous

What is Utah like?

Anonymous

Mormon by far

Anonymous

Mormonism. At least with the JW you have to do a little Biblical research to see their flaws. The Book of Mormon is just blatantly absurd since if the Nephites and Lamanites built these massive civilizations and had constant genocidal wars with each other it shouldn’t be too hard to find artifacts of their existence when archaeologists can find artifacts to random vague skirmishes the Romans had.

Anonymous

I’m currently in the process of ‘studying the bible’ with my parents who are both devout JWs. Dad got baptized a couple years ago while mom went through out it decades ago.

I don’t know enough about Mormons to answer the question, but from what I’ve learned of JWs, they’re pretty freaking scrotebrained as far as blood transfusions go, along with their aggravatingly desperate attempts to do the math woke af on scripture to come to the conclusion that 1914 was when our favorite garden gnome born in Bethlehem ascended to the throne in heaven, and that only 144,000 ‘anointed ones’ will get yeet’d to the stratosphere to be his helpers. They prattle on about how the end time is nigh, but see no contradiction with dedicating christ-knows-how-many-shekels into expanding their real estate portfolio, only to flip them for a quick buck – and all of this, woke af on free labor.

I point out the absolute travesty of jehovah’s morality when it comes to killing for no reason, as well as the mind-numbing mental gymnastics in their denial of evolution. I’m actually risking being outright shunned since their code of ethics allows complete ostracizing of family members, but if there’s a chance I can get them to see just how scrotebrained their belief is, I’ma risk it.

Anonymous

Here is first-hand experience of what JW is all about. It’s a racket. More followers = more money. All the doctrine is a gimmick

Anonymous

>they’re pretty freaking scrotebrained as far as blood transfusions go
        Not a JW but there’s absolutely nothing scrotebrained about opposing blood transfusions, organ donation or anything else like that. It’s disgusting.

Anonymous

>their code of ethics allows complete ostracizing of family members
        >Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
        >For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
        >And a man’s foes shall be they of his own household.
        Matthew 10:34-36

I’m not a member of any church but it always strikes me how people who left churches like this don’t even make good arguments and seem really angry

Anonymous

In bible there is also exist a scrotebrained piece of text that says that i should throw stones to your sisters head until she is dead for sucking my dick while not being married with me. It is not about if it appears or doesnt appear on the bible but how a certain cult makes the cherry picking from between the beliefs. Its normal that people get mad when you try to break families only because scrotebrained made up beliefs.

I also hate almost every single religion out there since there is almost none of them that doesnt make a freaking industry out of it. If i go to the market there aint nobody helping me with their time and effort unless i pay them for each hour they work for me. Every single religious person that is in a charge of power has the exact same mentality but tries to make people think in the complete opposite way. Its all about creating docile and scrotebrained cuts that are willing to work for free. If there is people upset with them its because of this, either they found themselves inside it being fooled and find out that all those beliefs that where so vivid and truth for them were completely prostituted to make nothing but a scam shekel-making machine of manipulation hence get anger and resentful or they have de facto lost somebody from his family because of some of this groups. I have no problems with particular beliefs of people but its hardly ever the case that it stays in the personal aspect of it, there are few religions that say "dude live your life like this this and this" that dont also say "hey go there and convince people, you are justified and legitimated to turn this into a cancer"

Anonymous

If you find the practice of shunning family members woke af on their beliefs (or lack thereof) to be perfectly reasonable, I genuinely pity you.

Anonymous

just take the jab sis sheesh

Anonymous

>I’m actually risking being outright shunned since their code of ethics allows complete ostracizing of family members
        Eh, not really on your case. Total ostracizing (disfellowshipment) is reserved for baptized people. If you have never been baptized then there is no rule for them to completely shun you. To the contrary, if you aren’t baptized and you’re a skeptic then they’re likely just going to try even harder to convert you/soft-debate you

Anonymous

>To the contrary
          So, Portuguese?

Anonymous

In my country Jehovah witnesses were so bad they got a government commission to look into them and they found they were absolutely horrible with molesting children and abusing women.

Anonymous

The Royal Commission in Straya, right? What were the actual results of that beyond rEcOmMeNdAtIoNs?

Anonymous

That’s the same with any Royal Commission. It just shows how dogshit JW’s are while the government is given rocks to throw at them. They just said ‘get bonked’ to the recommendations but the Government has been peeling back their privileges if they don’t start changing anything

Anonymous

They are like Kenneth Starr when he was appointed an independent counsel. They couldn’t ignore it, had to to testify and if they misstepped they would have been bonked so looked very bad. Also had to pay a lot of compensation. Even the garden gnomes got hit hard by it which should tell you something.

Anonymous

You are overdramatising it. It got raised because of the Catlicks and – for the reason why Royal Commissions are avoided like the plague by anyone in power – everyone else got dragged in. Even the Hebrews. Look up the history of Royal Commissions and how wild they go. In particular look up the Costigan Commission which had James Packer whining about it at his dad’s funeral twenty years later.

Anonymous

They’re both christcuck denominations, which should tell you all you need to know

Anonymous

this post pleases allah

Anonymous

Mormons may believe in a ton of bullshit, but at least they are usually nice people and well integrated in society, well enough to at least have their own functional state.
      JWs prey on the weakest of the bunch and demand total commitment. People say never to marry a JW or someone with family ties to them because you do not want to deal with their families. You can believe in what they believe without having to join them. Still, they are a bit better than most con evangelicals.

Anonymous

Mormon believes are more scrotebrained, but Jehovah’s Witnesses are the worse cult. JWs are freaking creepy

Anonymous

I meant beliefs.

Anonymous

Protestants.

Anonymous

Actual JW here (non-baptized), AMA

Anonymous

What did Jehovah witness?

Anonymous

Well, considering that jehovah is god (jehovah btw is not a different god than, say the chatolic god, its just that jehovah is literally the name of god), i suppose he witnesses everything.

Anonymous

What is the chatolic god?

Anonymous

no, its Jehovah’s witness. meaning someone witnessed jehovah

Anonymous

>non-baptized
        U was freaking chilling kid. Imagine having your braindead parents make you baptize in 14 and after you leave the cult they won’t even talk to you. They acually think it is "act of love"

Anonymous

Yeah it’s shit. You will actually be treated worse if you got baptized then if you were just a worldly slob from the very beginning

Anonymous

>JW
        >non-baptized

There’s no such thing. You’re not a witness until you are baptized.

Anonymous

Are a publisher? Which book are you currently studying? (Since JWs have to study through a few books/brochures before getting baptized)

Anonymous

How do you reconcile the fact that the name "Jehova" has been shown to be woke af on a linguistic misunderstanding of Hebrew? Basically, Hebrew is written with consonants, with the vowels being indicated by diacritical marks over the consonants. In the Torah where it’s written YHWH they use the vowel diacritics for another name of God like Elohim or Adonai, to show indicate that’s what should be read instead of the forbidden name of God. Christian scholars in the 1700s got confused by this and applied the diacritics to the written consonants, getting "Jehova," but every mainstream Bible scholar since has realized that this is wrong and woke af on a misunderstanding, and the most likely original pronunciation was Yahweh. So, how do you cope with the name of God your religion holds to be so important being a complete mistake?

Anonymous

Mormons, because while JW’s are fairly scrotebrained in how they misinterpret the Bible, Mormons add on entire books that are filled to the brim with stupid things like God having a massive harem and living on another planet.

Anonymous

Lol, please quote something from our scriptures that says that. I dare you

Anonymous

for about 5 years i used to work with a cuban man who was an ordained JW minister. he didnt convert me but his beliefs made alot more sense than the catholicism i was raised under, and he was without a doubt one of the most pure souls ive ever met. at the time i was practicing buddhism at the local temple and i would get into philosophical conversations with him alot (never argued, he was too wholesome to argue, and nothing could shake his beliefs anyway so he didnt act threatened by having these discussions).

Anonymous

>Dude you won’t believe me. An angel just came to me, said everything we thought about Christianism is wrong, and told me where to find some golden tablets containing the true word
      >Yeah man, write it down. I’ll read the Holy Scripture from this hat with rocks
      >Uhhh Jesus and Satan are siss bro
      >garden gnomes came to America lmao
      >Yeah God has a wife (or more) but u can’t worship her
      >We’ll all be gods in the afterlife as long as we follow the covenant bro
      >We’ll create our own worlds and have our own humanities
      Mormonism is borderline pagan

Anonymous

I was a Jehovas witness for 14 years, you may ask me 3 questions

Anonymous

were you REALLY a Jehovas witness for 14 years?

Anonymous

Yes.

Anonymous

Really?

Anonymous

Yes.

Anonymous

YOU?

Anonymous

Yes.

I hope this has been enlightening for you.

Anonymous

Mormons are more scrotebrained but they’re less likely to be poopyholes.

Anonymous

Mormons are woke af and are going to take over America via breeding. They’re keeping white America alive, single-handedly.

Dirk

Is there one that controls for race? How do white evangelicals alone compare to Mormons?

Anonymous

I like Mormonism because it’s one of the few religions I know of that gives a convincing reason why God would put spirits in an imperfect world of suffering where they’re guaranteed to sin (because it’s training for them to spiritually grow and eventually become Gods of their own worlds themselves). Also because God used to be a human like us before his own deification, it gives a lot more wiggle room for those "why would a perfect and all-knowing god do x" arguments. It might be heretical by traditional Christian standards, but it also makes a lot more logical sense from a theodicy standpoint.

Anonymous

>uh Jesus came back alive to come die again in Missouri
      Woah

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id