Which Linux distro are you switching to when Windows 11 blocks your install and 10 stops updating?

Home Forums General & off-topic Which Linux distro are you switching to when Windows 11 blocks your install and 10 stops updating?

• This topic has 53 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

>you will have to use Linux when Windows 10 stops being updated
      >your hardware cannot run Windows 11
      Which Linux distro is saving your ass, LULZ?

Anonymous

macOS

Anonymous

Linux Mint (Cinnamon or KDE) is by far the easiest distro for any winscrote to use.

Anonymous

Hey guys! Why don’t we make everyone throw away perfectly good CPUs during a massive world-wide chip shortage!

Anonymous

>throw away
        But they would just be forced to use alternatives.
        Linux would be laughing.

But the market would be crashing and eventually there might be food shortages as there always are in countries with no simple monetary mechanism that functions.

Anonymous

w10 isn’t EoL until 2028 you scrotebrained scrote

Anonymous

now now, goy. Can’t have everyone continuing to use their perfectly good 2500ks, can we?

Anonymous

>2500k
          i’d rather use an apple m1

Anonymous

Linux?

Anonymous

Woke af

Anonymous

ReactOS is abandonware

Anonymous

ReactOS looks like that now??

Anonymous

About 10% of the time, yeah. The rest? Pic most certainly related.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Windows 11. My computer isn’t picked up off the side of the road, or a hand-me-down from my older sis. It can handle a next-generation operating system – I don’t have to slum it in Loonixtown.

Anonymous

Ah clicking one more time than I had to before to use context menu options, finally an operating system for the modern day!

Anonymous

As opposed to "ahh clicking once and your shitbox DE crashes". Yes. It’s literally 20 years ahead of your hobby OS.

Anonymous

Never had my linux desktop crash. Had windows explorer (and by extension the windows desktop) crash loads of times. Windows is an unstable piece of shit.

Anonymous

>anecdote: hobby os werks4me
              >evidence: none, because one google shows it’s bs
              >anecdote: i broke windows with memescripts this is windows fault
              >evidence: again, one google search shows its pebkac
              Every time.

Anonymous

woke af

Anonymous

Just stick to 10 unless they fix the shitshow that is 11. Extremely laggy right click menu, more standard shit hidden behind menus, no taskbar labels, why the fuck even bother.

Anonymous

That’s half a decade in the future or some shit. Why would you make that choice now instead of making it then? It’s not like the OS landscape in 5 years is going to be the same as it is today.

Anonymous

People would rather buy new computers than run Linux.

Anonymous

true

Anonymous

Debian or Void

Anonymous

Microsoft® Windows® POSReady 7

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/Fj9m3rc.gif

> 10 stops updating
      That would be a feature, looking forward to it.

Anonymous

nah, the ride never ends. Windows 10 will be EoL but every Win10 computer out there will try to automatically "update" to Win11 and slip it past the user.

Anonymous

> try to automatically "update" to Win11
          Win 12 by then and hopefully it will not suck so much ass by 2029.

Anonymous

the final forced update to win10 will be win11

Anonymous

But what if I turn off TMP and Secure Boot (or rather not turn it on, they are turned off currently)?

Anonymous

Windows 10 will keep receiving updates until October 2025. Anyone but 3rd worlders should have hardware from at least 2017 by that point.

Anonymous

I will use win 10 until the end of support. There are already workarounds for win11 system requirements. There will be no need to swich to GNU/Linux which wastes my time

Anonymous

Windows 10 LTSC

Anonymous

Switching to? Wait people still use windows?

Anonymous

Yes, child. I know they don’t let you out of your bubble because you’ll die from pollen/rhinovirus/whatever, but you do have an internet connection obviously.

Anonymous

Well obviously accounting teams all use windows because they can’t into SQL, but surely the enthusiasts on LULZ don’t use windows. I assumed you guys liked computers.

Anonymous

/g/, despite appearing to be one (due to the hundreds of autistics that are banned from literally everywhere else), is not your private freetard safespace.
            >I assumed you guys liked computers
            I do. That’s why I don’t limit what I can do with it with some shitty hobby OS where half my hardware, 75% of my power management, and >90% of software doesn’t work.

Anonymous

I’ve had the opposite experience. Most of the stuff I use in writing, research, web hosting, software development, and media consooming either don’t work on Windows or are a PITA to set up. I’m sorry you’re a CADMonkey/g*mer/spreadsheet jockey but I’m blessed to never have to deal with all that gay shit. The only gay shit I deal with is making scripts portable across BSD and Mac.

Anonymous

>werks4me
      Every time.
      Your anecdote is great, predictable freetard, but nearly as useless as your life. A simple Google shows how little works. If you losers ever acknowledged this, instead of calling your potential users stupid or liars at every turn, you might just get yourself out of the zero-credibility and zero-respect hole you’ve dug yourself over the last 20 years. Your hobby OS is exactly that – a hobby OS. Do some expectation management, and people might not laugh at you on sight anymore.

Anonymous

>IP count hasn’t gone up
        stay mad.

Anonymous

>i constantly samescrote because my arguments are that pathetic
          >im utterly amazed that other people don’t, and are happy to admit they’re the same person
          Imagine being this freaking scrotebrained. I hope your mother gets aggressive poopyhole cancer, and for the last three months of her life, the nurses can see what’s left of her internal organs every time they lift her gown to hose her out and spray odor control chemicals.

Anonymous

oh, boo.
            she’s already dead.
            now how’s your income, rajesh? get by with the bare minimum microcock gives you?

Anonymous

>once livebooted buggy ass obongo+kde
        >"I can’t even play Apex Legends! Time to join an OS flamewar"
        Hey man, I use Windows server for AD. Can you just accept that different people use different tools for different workloads?

Anonymous

This puts you in a tiny minority on this pit of a board. To be completely honest, I have a Loonix VM lying around here somewhere that I fire up maybe once a year for the single-tasking, appliance-like bullshit it’s only good for – and being in a VM, it’s isolated from the vagaries of real hardware that makes hobby OSs such a freaking pain in the ass.
          But it’s all its good for – running it every day, interactively, would be a level of physical and psychological pain that

oh, boo.
          she’s already dead.
          now how’s your income, rajesh? get by with the bare minimum microcock gives you?

‘s mother experienced before her death having seen what her kid became.

Anonymous

I have used Linux exclusively since the malware W10 pop up dropped on my Windows 7.

So I won’t be switching at all.

Anonymous

>have to

My PIII laptop from 2001 still runs Windows XP like a champ. Winamp plays music, Notepad++ edits whatever I need it to, and my 16-bit games run just as well. Why would I update?

Anonymous

If the Linux community wasn’t so autistic, they could come up with the most windows tard user friendly package with peak useful apps and swipe so many Windows users away from the Windows eco space, but they won’t because after 20 years of Linux, they still can’t even figure out GUI.

Anonymous

The more I look into it, the more I realise it isn’t autism, it’s just the near-religious doctrine that their toy OS is somehow "perfect". Note the absolutely epic (though ultimately impotent) tantrums they throw when you have one of the many well-documented issues that cross all Linux distros – driver support for shitware cards (let’s be fair) that need binary firmware blobs. often manifesting as "my wifi card doesn’t work [properly]" – being the biggest one. It’s exactly the same as if you got in the face of a muslim and called Mohammed a camel-/kid-fucker: the exact same parts of their brains would light up under an MRI, the same absolute loss off any ability to think, the same uncontrollable desire to lash out in a Pavlovian rage.

The only difference is, we can only be "pretty sure" that religious doctrine is bullshit… but we know for objective fact that freetard dogma is delusional fiction, and their leaders are pedophiles.

Anonymous

I will need to look at it in 2029/2031 and I get Windows 11 on most of my systems.

Anonymous

Apple earns more than Microsoft despite having a smaller userbase.
      So Microsoft is trying to become Apple now.
      First step is to lock down windows, then charge a subscription for everything.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.