Where does David Lynch get his ideas from?

Home Forums General & off-topic Where does David Lynch get his ideas from?

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Where does he get his ideas from?

Anonymous

Real life

Anonymous
      Anonymous

His slaves.

Anonymous

There’s an interview of his where he describes getting ideas like fishing. Just sitting there and thinking or daydreaming is like casting a hook. Sooner or later you catch an idea. He also describes ideas as tangible, physical things. So if you think there’s any merit to that, then there’s somewhere almost outside of our perception that ideas exist, and occasionally they spark into our brains.
      It’s a really neat way of thinking about the creative process, and one I’ve come to agree with.

Anonymous

>He also describes ideas as tangible, physical things. So if you think there’s any merit to that, then there’s somewhere almost outside of our perception that ideas exist, and occasionally they spark into our brains.

This absolutely happens. Ideas are just quantum potentials which haven’t collapsed into existence yet. There’s a dimension which exists, not another dimension in the dumb sense people usually interpret that word, but a dimension in the same sense that the *meaning* behind what I’m typing right now and what you’re interpreting from it is in another dimension. You think it’s in the 2nd or 3rd dimension? No, those are just pixels forming the shapes of letters. The meaning isn’t in the 2nd or 3rd dimension, it’s in the quantum mind dimension.
        Sounds too wacky? Quantum woo bullshit? Read up on quantum vibrations in microtubules. Read up on Plato’s theory of forms. Almost everyone misinterprets quantum mechanics also because they think it deals with extremely small things. Quantum has nothing to do with scale, it’s the properties of another dimension which flow through material of any scale, in exactly the same way that the meaning of this post flows from my mind to yours, impossible to measure, impossible to observe or predict, beyond the material which contains it.

Anonymous

there’s no evidence our brains function on a quantum level.

Anonymous
              Anonymous

Anon quantum physics and consciousness theory has progressed quite a lot since 2014, and this paper has been pretty widely debunked.

Also Penrose is a bit of a quack

>W. Daniel Hillis responded: "Penrose has committed the classical mistake of putting humans at the center of the universe. His argument is essentially that he can’t imagine how the mind could be as complicated as it is without having some magic elixir brought in from some new principle of physics, so therefore it must involve that. It’s a failure of Penrose’s imagination…. It’s true that there are unexplainable, uncomputable things, but there’s no reason whatsoever to believe that the complex behavior we see in humans is in any way related to uncomputable, unexplainable things."

>Lawrence Krauss is also blunt in criticizing Penrose’s ideas. He has said: "Roger Penrose has given lots of new-age crackpots ammunition by suggesting that at some fundamental scale, quantum mechanics might be relevant for consciousness. When you hear the term ‘quantum consciousness’, you should be suspicious…. Many people are dubious that Penrose’s suggestions are reasonable, because the brain is not an isolated quantum-mechanical system."

Not to mention the conceptual and practical problems of such a thing, our brains don’t calculate things at the speed of picoseconds, they are billions, if not trillions of multitutes slower than that. Also how do you account for decoherence? our brains wouldn’t be stable in a quantum state. I mean sure, a single microtubule might have a level of quantum activity, but no evidence that interacts with anything else in any meaningful or systemic way.

Also

>The problem with trying to use quantum mechanics in the action of the brain is that if it were a matter of quantum nerve signals, these nerve signals would disturb the rest of the material in the brain, to the extent that the quantum coherence would get lost very quickly.

Anonymous

Wow great, a bunch of dismissive critiques just like every other paradigm-shifting discovery in science was faced with!

Anonymous

https://i.4cdn.org/x/1633952312658.webm

I mean yeah don’t respond to them with actual critiques, or more recent proof, just post onions

Anonymous

kys

Anonymous

Cope and seeth chud

Anonymous

Cope and seeth chud

Ventilate ur skull with a shotgun

Anonymous

>Not to mention the conceptual and practical problems of such a thing, our brains don’t calculate things at the speed of picoseconds, they are billions, if not trillions of multitutes slower than that. Also how do you account for decoherence? our brains wouldn’t be stable in a quantum state. I mean sure, a single microtubule might have a level of quantum activity, but no evidence that interacts with anything else in any meaningful or systemic way.

The whole thing is entangled on a quantum level.

Anonymous

From the unified field.

Anonymous

The Black Lodge &Blavatsky through Transcendental Meditation

Anonymous
        Anonymous
          Anonymous
            Anonymous

I hate this fucker like you wouldn’t believe. Funny, I hate watched a ton of his standup and interviews like two days before he died.

Anonymous

OJ?

Anonymous

Heh, you got me.

Anonymous

why does he make me think of breakfast food? he’s like bacon and eggs personified.

Anonymous

….just found out about him dying with this post. :/ RIP Norm.

Anonymous

Expand on that?

Anonymous

Hey thats the guy that gave me a handjob underneath the Queensborough Bridge!

Anonymous

Made my fuckin night

Anonymous

lmao

Anonymous

Lmao

Anonymous

I think he uses psychedelics and lies about it, anyone who has done high doses and is into his work probably knows what I mean. This seems like where he got Eraserhead from https://psychonautwiki.org/wiki/Machinescapes, the atomic bomb episode of Twin Peaks s03 is clearly inspired by a psychedelic experience, in the Twin Peaks books by Mark Frost the natives use indoles to enter the black lodge. His films often break off into surrealist portrayals of hyper aware states, like the opening of Blue Velvet. He also may get info from government officials and uses that, as well as from his meditation.

Anonymous

Me.

Anonymous

He meditates and taps into satanic forces and pulls the visions he gets from there. He calls it daydreaming but he’s clearly a dark minded person. Look at his films. They are basically the same movie over and over. ugliness disguised as beauty. He’s what you would call a one trick pony. He has his worshipers but that’s nothing but a form of idolatry.

Anonymous

Yeah I used to idolize him back when I was a teenage because I thought Eraserhead was cool. I still kind of like that movie, but in general I think the surreal nature of his films is a cloak for his lack of talent.

Anonymous

You just might be spot on.

Anonymous

>he’s puppeted by a higher force but also it’s all meaningless and he’s a hack
        Pick one, scrote. At least be consistent with your non-arguments

Anonymous

He never said they were meaningless you insufferable scrote learn to read

Anonymous

You’re a glowie.
        The strat here is to both act like a scrotebrained christscrote in order to make christians have a bad name while also convincing real idiot christians to spread disinfo

Anonymous

scrotebrained post

Anonymous

Kind of off topic, but why is he so bad at writing and directing characters? I mean with a movie like Eraserhead it kind of works, because the stiff and unnatural dialogue sot of blends in with the surreal nature of that film, but few of his movies are like that, and the stiffness of his characters totally stands out and detracts from the film. I really think he should collaborate with other writers and directors and focus mainly on the setting and ambience when trying to create a traditional film, because most of his movies are impossible for me to enjoy for this reason.

Anonymous

Unironic autism.

Anonymous

A person expresses their view in a straightforward and dry manner and you call it autistic. They might be autistic, but you’re unironically scrotebrained and that’s far worse.

Anonymous

He’s clearly a competent occultist.
      Anyone have the screenshot where anon tried to curse him and got sent to the hospital? Definitely fake but worth a kek.

Anonymous

Drugs

Anonymous

From his own misdeeds.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/4Z8AxAg.gif

Hey, wait a second… Where do I get my ideas from?

Anonymous

Careful there. That is a DEEP rabbit hole.

Anonymous

Quinoa and TM

Anonymous

His Bird.

Anonymous

He just huffs his own farts and then navel gazes for a few hours before congratulating himself on intellectualism. But he has the motivation and gets the resources to thereby produce some entertaining stuff, so whatever.

Anonymous

But Lynch is not an intellectual at all,if anything his movies actually attempt to defy logic and intellect

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous

Eraserhead is woke af on his time living in Philadelphia, which is a post industrial shithole even today. Lynch is most definitely a weird fucker. He says he never cooks in his house because it leaves a film of grease and residue on the walls, yet he’s a lifetime smoker. Probably why he likes diners so much. The man also has an obsession with Americana and classic hollywood films, but his works are always a subversion of those things. The unnatural acting harkens to dialogue and acting from the 30’s to the 50’s. In a sense, many people you meet IRL seem like bad actors in an old movie. The even weirder shit is often up to the viewer’s interpretation. His work often fucks me in ways I don’t want to experience again. You never forget a David Lynch film. It always stays with you. I blame him for my fear of getting married and having children.

Anonymous

From the same place we get ours

Anonymous

Your mom BAHAHAHAHAHA

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id