What’s the deal with Code of Conducts?

Home Forums Science & tech What’s the deal with Code of Conducts?

Viewing 57 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

What’s the deal with Code of Conducts?

Anonymous

>le epic fire breathing wizards 🙂

Anonymous

oh there’s a pt 2

Anonymous

>Makes the class public
        Nothing personnel, chud

Anonymous

>protected classes
          this shit makes me concerned about the future

what about private classes?

oh there’s a pt 2

You guys are missing they deleted the "Participants must be tolerant of opposing views" line without a replacement

Anonymous

it’s gaslighting by people with cluster b personality traits.

you know how crazy, abusive women with borderline personality disorder will call everyone ‘toxic’ and ‘abusive’ for not enabling their bad behavior? it’s literally the exact same thing. The only winning move is not to play, they’re just going to make shit up and get mad about it

Anonymous

and "The only winning move is not to play" doesn’t mean you avoid them, that’s what they want. it means you shouldn’t change your behavior at all and if they get in your way you don’t stop, even if they lay down in front of bulldozers.

those who do those things have a reason for doing them. do not mistake their intent, and do not lessen the consequences.

Anonymous

well no shit? I don’t have to tolerate a right winger. The ideal government would let me shoot a right winger on sight.

Anonymous

That’s very right wing of you.

Anonymous

NOOO YOU CAN’T CALL ME A RIGHT WINGERINO. REDDIT WON’T LET ME BACK IN.

Anonymous

you won’t do shit, scrote.

Anonymous

>protected classes
        this shit makes me concerned about the future

Anonymous

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protected_group
          White, Christian, male, able-bodied and blue-eyed are literally protected, you freaking snowflake.

Anonymous

But it’s okay to make fun of people for using perl or not being vaccinated, since those aren’t protected groups.

Anonymous

it’s not nice to make fun of scrotebrained people

Anonymous

clearly not you absolute scrote. white power is not allowed, yet advocacy for "protected classes" is?

Anonymous

Uhh yeah. One is incel chimp out, the other is peaceful promotion of respecting oppressed classes. You may not understand the difference, but not everyone has a sub-60 IQ.

Anonymous

you know what I completely agree with this, those 60IQ black incels chimping out need to be exterminated.

Anonymous

thats not what the sjw refer to when they say protected class, scrotebrain. Read the thread.

Anonymous

why not tell us with screencap proof instead of useless shit posting about how the other guy is wrong

Anonymous

>the most heavily and openly attacked group of people on earth, so openly that you even attacked them in your implication that they’re protected, is a protected class
            I hate garden gnomes

Anonymous

owned
              we’re getting better at spotting garden gnomery

Anonymous

>the future

Anonymous

All you need to do is suck one cock to get protection, white boy. Lgbt protection.

as a nigerian

Anonymous

white homos do not rank high on the commie stack these days. gotta be at least a gnomish homo, a chud, or a negro to get any benefits worth mentioning.

Anonymous

int _it; doesn’t appreciate being called a scrote

Anonymous

what about private classes?

Anonymous

i believe they want to murder them

Anonymous

extremely underrated

Anonymous

It’s funny to see how the change in the first picture was to include "everyone" while in the second picture "everyone" is replaced with "protected classes".
        There is no consistency in their ideology and thus I will never ever respect them.

Because they’re scrotes

This and pic related should be the only way to treat these parasites.

Anonymous

Woke af meh. I met him one day over the internet. Was fun. he kicked my ass at chess.

Anonymous

>That protip

Anonymous

"Remove abuse-enabling languages"
        >actually instates social classes
        >like a boss

Anonymous

Remember that some people are more equal than others.

Anonymous

*bows to leftists*

Anonymous

He’s Mormon.

Anonymous

M’lefty.

Anonymous

Explains everything. Mormons are pluralist cucks

Anonymous

fuck, out of all people

Anonymous

It’s a vector for useless leftist parasites to infect useful projects to bolster their own power (since being useless parasites they can’t achieve anything worthwhile on their own).

Anonymous

This. People who cannot program or do any other kind of useful work can dick around with the CoC language and then claim to be a contributor to major software projects.

It’s a grift, and nerds are feeble scrotes who will let themselves get pushed around, so it won’t stop.

Anonymous

It’s typically used to ensure there’s a civil discussion in the issues page or in forums, but it’s mostly used by leftists who can’t program to force their politics into repos.

Anonymous

Please use proper tonality when describing "leftists". Thank you.

Anonymous

Sorry, ‘it’s mostly used by garden gnomes, scrotes and self-castrated scrotes’. Better?

Anonymous

Yes. Thank you.
            That reminds me, I need to update the code of conduct so you must use """ instead of "’". It doesn’t look right wi

Anonymous

all you have to do is tell them to fuck off, why don’t more people do this?

Anonymous

because then you’ll be deemed a right wring racist extremist and HR won’t hire you in future jobs

Anonymous

Because they’re scrotes

Anonymous

checked and woke af

Anonymous

checked. I love this guy and his OS (serenity). his UI is fantastic. no wonder he protects it like that from the woke freaks.

Anonymous

> his UI is fantastic
            The spirit of Windows 2000 lives on.

Anonymous

>no wonder he protects it like that from the woke freaks.
            It’s not just about keeping woke freaks out, it’s about keeping ALL politics out.

Anonymous

no, you chud. he defends terry davis and argues that his "racist" comments shouldnt be considered when you evaluate him or his OS. its specifically to keep you pedos out of his shit.

Anonymous

>he defends terry davis and argues that "racist" comments shouldnt be considered when you evaluate him or his OS
                so exactly what I said. got it

Anonymous

if you chuds can use language and (((free speech)) to subvert and destroy shit, there will also be people who can do the same to keep you pedos out
                  🙂
                  still, why dont you learn about 1st grade biology, then talk about politics. deal?

Anonymous

>his "racist" comments shouldnt be considered when you evaluate him or his OS
                That’s literally keeping politics out of the discussion anon.

Anonymous

yeah you didnt get me or the guy. maybe its for the better. it proves that arguing politics with someone who cant get basic biology right is useless just like your rotten wound.

Anonymous

how is banning discussion of politics, religion and sex "exclud[ing] certain groups of people"? the only ones excluded are those who want to explicitly discuss those topics and then they should do it on servers where those topics are welcomed. i really don’t see the issue here.

Anonymous

Andreas King
                  I kneel

Anonymous

woke af.

Anonymous

It’s a scheme to move trannies into positions of power in open source projects and remove people who fight against NSA backdoors that are submitted.

Anonymous

I don’t keep up much but I’m gonna side with this.

Anonymous

Paul Graham says the best hackers are politically incorrect, he surmises this is because they are free thinkers.

Anonymous

Sure, but I often spout /poo/ memes. I don’t even hate garden gnomes, but I do like making fun of them.

If I’m being influenced by /poo/ memes against my will, and I realise this, does this make me a free thinker, or a cringey scrotebrain?

Anonymous

A slave. Be a good scrote and continue doing what others tell you to.

Anonymous

You don’t have to go to pol.

Anonymous

>influenced against your will
          yep youre a scrotebrain alright

Anonymous

You’re probably gnomish.

Anonymous

if thats what you want then go the fuck ahead
          no one should tell you what you need to do or where should you visit
          scrote

Anonymous

Those sorts of hackers nowadays basically only exist in malware dev/game hacking communities.

Anonymous

Post the repo, I want to troll some trannies tonight.

Anonymous

Word diff so it’s freaking scrotebrained and pointless. Why is it always default

Anonymous

Any project with a coc cares more about virtue signalling than making good software.

Anonymous

Which languages don’t have one?

Anonymous

Just fork any language, call it scroteJS or something and change COC to scrote!

Anonymous
            w7-890

well thankfully assembly language does not have this as well

what about python and .NET do they have coc?

Anonymous

if your language doesn’t have an ANSI standard it’s pretty worthless.

Anonymous

Assembly is not a language, so it cant have a cock
              .NET is a framework that is supported by many languages, including C#, F# and Python
              .NET follows a .NET covenant, which is sort of like a cock

Anonymous

It’s just another form of American cultural imperialism. Wokism is successor ideology to neo-conservatism. Get ready to be liberated from bigotry.

Anonymous

personally though im fine with CoCs in general as long as they have a no strict furries policy
      inb4 glow

Anonymous

I feel uncomfortable whenever I read "CoC" because I suffer of erectile dysfunction and I’m sure there are folks which feel the same.
      You may change "CoC" with a non toxic and inclusive word to keep this place safe, please refrain to use it in the future because it may be deemed as offensive and there is no space for such bigot words here.

Anonymous

Large corporations found out that FOSS had a competitive advantage because you could just be yourself and associate with whomever you wished so they elected to crush any such freedom-oriented impulses by imposing the same corporate bullshit on FOSS.
      It’s easier to understand if you just think of wokelings as corporate militants.

Anonymous

They are just badly thought out codified rules which are more than likely ignored if you haven’t been designated a member of the hit list.

The sort of people complaining about them are unlikely to generate any useful contributions to the project so their opinions can be safely discarded. If anything, everything surrounding a COC is just a hotbed of drama; so it could end up being a good indicator for how stable a project is.

Anonymous

>nothing to see here, goy

Anonymous

Women are overgrown children and need to be treated as such.

Anonymous

Unfortunately none of those are or will ever be women.

Anonymous

>Ruby

Anonymous

Do you have screenshots from say, 80’s codes of conduct (for programming stuff)? I’m curious as to what they looked like

Anonymous

There weren’t any

Anonymous

People used to just use their judgement instead of spelling everything out in an autistic code of conduct.

w7-890

maybe the one from ASCII telnet scene groups?

It’s funny to see how the change in the first picture was to include "everyone" while in the second picture "everyone" is replaced with "protected classes".
        There is no consistency in their ideology and thus I will never ever respect them.

[…]
        This and pic related should be the only way to treat these parasites.

>incompetent people think they are smarter than the rest of us
        dunning kruger effect at its finest

Anonymous

>incompetent people think they are smarter than the rest of us
          what is all of our governments

Anonymous

to be fair, they’re quiet competant at:
            1) fundraising
            2) public speaking
            2) getting elected
            actual governing is completely outside their skillset though.

Anonymous

>80’s
        >codes of conduct

Anonymous

There weren’t any

People used to just use their judgement instead of spelling everything out in an autistic code of conduct.

This is somewhat wishful thinking on your parts, companies have had codes of conduct since way back, though sometimes under other names. My guess is it wasn’t present in programming because the financial stakes weren’t high enough, public interest was small and so were the groups making this stuff. On the plus side, going solely this random air safety inspector code of conduct I found from from 1983, codes were more about doing your work right and being professional. Interpersonal stuff is mentioned but mostly regards training and indoctrinating new people

Anonymous

at that time people still took etiquette lessons in school so it wasn’t really required

Anonymous

In the 80s only white (and a few asian) men programmed, so there wasn’t any need for codes of conduct.

Anonymous

All I can think of are netiquettes

Anonymous

>opposing views are no longer tolerated
      When the killing starts, these people will be the ones asking, "Why is this happening?"

Anonymous

stop it with the divide and conquer shit. they aren’t replacing shit in terms of culture. they’ve completely destroyed the presence of the previous culture that used to live there – but that’s because a bunch of rich liberal coastal elite types created giant district-sized ghettos to hold their slaves. they’re burning shit down because portland and california have devolved into an open air prison like Escape From New York, they don’t even understand what ‘culture’ is besides what corporate brands their slavemasters tell them to buy

Anonymous

>they aren’t replacing shit in terms of culture.

Anonymous

OUR ENTIRE CULTURE is set up so scrotebrains can have their empire of dirt so they won’t bug the other 95% of the country i’m assuming you don’t even live here and are just trying to stir shit.

they literally put a label on it that says "see the injustice" and it’s in a place where the police literally say they won’t do their job. that’s not destroying culture that’s just creating a vacuum where they’re being contrarian and trying to piss you off. you won’t go to portland. businesses won’t go to portland. it’s an open air ghetto. all of the people who used to live there, that are of the culture you are referring to, left. If you’re somehow upset about that then i truly don’t understand why

Anonymous

I literally live in NYC, you dunce. You think you’re safe because you don’t live in one of the liberal hellholes? The federal government is currently on the same side as the insane people running this shithole city. What do you think will happen when the federal government decides state rights don’t matter that much in the face of "progress?" Your delusional if you think you’re truly insulated from what’s going on.

Anonymous

It’s all performative garbage. Democrats don’t want actual change, they want to milk liberals for votes forever, and they can’t do that if the future political landscape changes.
                The GOP is irredeemable now anyway, it’s been taken over by the abortion single issue voters that will gladly let hordes of scrotes immigrate as long as they can’t kill their own babies.

Anonymous

>they want to milk liberals for votes forever
                  They’re actually fine with replacing those people with foreigners for votes as well.

Anonymous

>The GOP is irredeemable now anyway,
                  >I will keep voting democrat but you cant do that with the party you side with when you vote
                  you goddamn scrote. learn about biology first before talking about politics

Anonymous

The most bullshit thing about this George Floyd shit is even if we accept the narrative wholesale, it’s just a scrote who got bonked.
            It’s idolization of being bonked. Meanwhile, I don’t see these people having statues of Obama, a scrote who became president. Or all the other role models scrotes can have. Hell, with the MLKJ leaked, the black community might lose positive role models.

Anonymous

>The most bullshit thing about this Jesus Christ shit is even if we accept the narrative wholesale, it’s just a garden gnome who got bonked.
              >It’s idolization of being bonked.
              You’re absolutely right but this type of bullshit shouldn’t come as a surprise to people to pay attention to everything.

Anonymous

Well, at least that jesus guy said some clever things while getting bonked over, in stead of spending his life robbing pregnant women, counterfeiting monies and dealing heroin. Weird comparison.

Anonymous

They have extremely different lifestyles but the ideological framework for idolizing victimhood starts with Jesus.

Anonymous

No, actually it started with women, who are natural martyrs. Jesus just catered to women and made it into a popular mythology.

Anonymous

You make a good point. I suppose I can make my assertion more accurate by stating that the ideological framework for idolizing male victimhood starts with Jesus. I can’t think of any earlier male figure that’s venerated for being a victim.

Anonymous

Indra, Balder.

Anonymous

You make a good point. I suppose I can make my assertion more accurate by stating that the ideological framework for idolizing male victimhood starts with Jesus. I can’t think of any earlier male figure that’s venerated for being a victim.

what kind of numale scrotes are you toads? Self sacrifice isn’t idolizing victimhood. You are right that leftism is a sort of secular Christianity, like some diseased degenerated version of it. It’s easier to coopt, claim you represent the same thing than to build something else. Leftism is also built on lies and the rejection of reality, leftists will lie and say whatever is more likely to get them power as they don’t believe truth exists or morality exists (despite knowing inside it does) while Catholicism is founded on Truth and reality. To give you another example, the medieval period was the most Catholic period and whiny green haired chuds weren’t around.

Anonymous

>Self sacrifice isn’t idolizing victimhood
                        It is when you go down crying like a bitch instead of fighting.

Anonymous

This crazy princess is more worthy of admiration for instance.

Anonymous

>mlkj leak
              qrd?

Anonymous

https://medium.com/the-polis/a-world-where-mlk-is-a-sexual-predator-b96a3f26594e.
                > On Cancelling Martin Luther King, Jr.
                > he wink-wink joke here is that MLK was a serial adulterer — and the FBI agents had proof of that
                > Now someone was telling me that King did more than plagiarize his PhD dissertation, more than occasionally cheat on his wife (allegations that are now considered historical facts). Now I learn King might have fathered at least one child outside of his marriage, committed adultery to the tune of group sex, and aided a rape.
                On an unreleated note, fuck the article. It’s so wanky. Only including it as proof.
                https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/06/04/how-to-make-sense-of-the-shocking-new-mlk-documents-227042/.
                > The most shocking claim Garrow relates is that King was present in a hotel room when a friend of his, Baltimore pastor Logan Kearse, raped a woman who resisted participating in unspecified sexual acts. The FBI agent who surveilled the room asserted that King “looked on, laughed and offered advice.” Other allegations include that King’s philandering—long known to be extensive—was even more rampant than historians knew; that King took part in group sex; that King may have fathered a child with one of his mistresses; and—less pruriently—that King continued taking money from his onetime ally Stanley Levison, a Communist Party member, even after he was supposed to have broken off ties.

Funny how we see this shit now: we can’t even have a mental image of a perfect leader. They need to be replaced. I’m not defending what MLKJ did, but it’s weird that this same treatment isn’t given to George.

Anonymous

Huh, interesting, I’ve obviously never heard of this. If I were a conspiracy theorist I’d think it’s a concerted effort to create a new set of role models for society. One that would encourage racial divides, among other things. Hanlon’s razor makes me hesitant to actually believe that. The fact that the media has been fairly silent about these allegations also doesn’t help my theory.

Anonymous

>all of the "new information" is hearsay from FBI
                  Anon, I….

Well at least I agree about the first article.

Anonymous

Normally I enjoy looking at statues but that one in your pic legit looks like shit. JFC what a shit artist.

Anonymous

>stop it with the divide and conquer shit.
          right wingers and neutrals are not doing the divide and conquer shit, you worried chud.

Anonymous

Am I scrotebrained or was hdmne very obviously trolling?

Anonymous

No, it is obvious. Everyone else ITT is scrotebrained.

Anonymous

I don’t just mean ITT though. They were taking him seriously in that PR discussion, and then his PR was merged

*bows to leftists*

Anonymous

Yes, hmdne was definitely trolling. Honestly I’m surprised none of the ruby devs caught on

Anonymous

Hopefully China invades shartistan in the next 5 years and all the west degeneracy will be dismantled.

Much rather see the west under Chinese and Russian occupation than the SJW cancer metastasizing in every part of life.

Anonymous

no one wants to spend their money to shoot a bunch of lardclap wokes. anyone remaining in the amerifat sphere of flatulence will end up this way shortly

Anonymous

The nuking the entire north america is the only sane choice.

Anonymous

The chinese military is scrotebrained, burgerland would smash them. Imagine going all in on infantry in modern warfare freaking christ.

Anonymous

Mutts basically gifted half of their equipment to taliban, they are freaking incompetent and weak. I think the next war the US will be fighting with their trannies in the military using their mouths on chinese penises.

Anonymous

Yeah pretty much. The vaxx mandate actually forced out many soldiers who have balls and a backbone.

Anonymous

>trannies in the military using their mouths on chinese penises
            https://youtu.be/4tMunvyXL6Y?t=16

Anonymous
      Anonymous

I think it would be funny if entire LULZ just went ahead to rust repo and submitted a pull request that replaces code of conduct with scrote spam, in minecraft of course

Anonymous

Trannies don’t get to use their natural equipment much, so they take it out on software, ramming their big, sweaty virtual CoC’s into any project they manage to infiltrate.

Anonymous

changing cocs to be "more inclusive" is just part of a mass subversion scheme

>codebase exists for infinite years, no problems occur
      >chud comes out of the freaking woodwork to ask why he’s not protected in its coc
      >"well, i…ugh…i guess…uh…yea i can accept that PR"
      >"good because we wouldnt want anyone thinking youre SNARTPHOBIC would we????"
      >chud adds another notch to their "repos ive contributed to" belt
      >rinse and repeat for hundreds of repos
      >20 years from now we wonder how state-enforced chudism ever came about as the royal penis remover installs your boypussy

im reminded of the "and then for no reason at all hitler came into power" macro

Anonymous

>as the royal penis remover installs your boypussy
        i dont think boypussy means what you think it means

Anonymous

Isn’t that the surgical wound for scrotes to coom in?

Anonymous

No, that’s a neo-vagina. A boypussy is just a euphemism for a male anus which gets penetrated by another male’s penis.

Anonymous

Sounds unhygienic.

Anonymous

>how to make your code chud friendly

Anonymous

I see a lot of debate about how leftists are responsible for this ITT (and they are) but I think US corporate HR departments are equally responsible. Notice how whenever someone pisses off these people, their go to response is "this wouldn’t fly in corporate America!", as if open source projects should hold the same values as major corpos. I wouldn’t be suprised if a good chunk of this CoC shit is funded by corporate groups trying to steer open source development in directions that benefit them.

Anonymous

Corporate America is also leftist.

Anonymous

You shouldn’t confuse the traditional left and the postmodern left. The traditional left, i.e. the shit that started with labor movements and the like are the enemy of mega-corporations. The postmodern "woke" left on the other hand is sponsored by mega-corporations. With it’s divisive nature, pitting sexes and races and everyone against each-other, it becomes more difficult to form labor unions. That’s all it is.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

trannies write them and then hang themselves

Anonymous

>What’s the deal with Code of Conducts?
      20,000 dollars for 20 minutes work and proof you dont have a cock no more

Anonymous

how did this happen? there needs to be some sort of competency test to even speak in programming communities at this point

Anonymous

The deal is that those are rules for the rulers meaning you have no businesses complaining about others breaking the rules because there is no judicial system to do so.
      Basically its Internet Slavery, your opinion doesn’t matter and your existence is subjected to be deleted.

Anonymous

No one needs this freaking BS. Even Stallman hates it and considers it too restrictive.

Anonymous

>fire breathing wizards
      These people are mentally deranged and infantile and cannot separate reality from fiction.

Anonymous

[…]

Thread about the same thing.
      ESL non-Western scrote makes a lame joke about women without thinking it would offend anyone, butthurt people from North America and Western Europe shit themselves.

Anonymous

i dont think you should ALWAYS expect god intentions. real evil exists

Anonymous
      Anonymous
        Anonymous

kek gets me everytime

Anonymous

This is the most woke af thing I’ve ever seen

too bad I’d never get hired again if I ever used it. When I am retired all of my projects will use this.

Anonymous

>I’d never get hired again if I ever used it
          >not having compartmenalized your online and irl accounts
          ngmi

Anonymous

I do, but I post software I make on my IRL accounts, so I can show it off later.

Anonymous

holy fuck that’s awesome

Anonymous

kek gets me everytime

This is the most woke af thing I’ve ever seen

too bad I’d never get hired again if I ever used it. When I am retired all of my projects will use this.

holy fuck that’s awesome

What if you put the MD5 checksum of some phrase using the word "scrote" that only you knew, and let your code get used and forked repeatedly before revealing it? Then watch and see if they abide by the license and leave it in, break the license and remove it, or remove that code from their project and rewrite it.

Anonymous

>Participants should speak
      Wow, ableist much?

Anonymous

I see nothing wrong here

Anonymous

that looks like something written by a pedophile.

Anonymous

it seems to me like you’re the EXPERT, mark

Anonymous

no, I am not gnomish. Sorry.

Anonymous

the plural is codes of conduct, not code of conducts. like how it’s knights templar not knight templars

Anonymous

>libs: waaah society needs to teach boys to find transexuals attractive
      >average tech autist: waaah I want to post swastikas everywhere and kill all the garden gnomes

Anonymous

It allows women who can’t code to claim they can code
      (someone please post the screen shot if the Linux CoC author)

Anonymous

can someone (or does there already exist, perhaps) write a CoC that basically says the opposite of OPs picrel? Basically something along the lines of "it doesn’t matter who you are (nazi, chud, atheist, religious extremist, left wing, right wing, w/e) as long as you stay neutral and your commits are politically neutral, then you are free to help on this project. I dont care about who you are or what your beliefs are or what your background is. Also how you speak to eachother within the project doesn’t matter to me. If someone likes to swear alot and use bad language and someone else doesn’t like that then those two individuals just need to ignore each other."

im bad at english as you can tell so i cant write it myself

Anonymous

that’s basically the same as not having a CoC. that’s basically what 99.9% of the population already believe/do, just not lefties/chuds.

"While all are welcome, regardless of political belief, sex, race, religion etc. This project is apolitical. The only thing that matters here is the code, and commits. With that said, do not start political conversations within the repository or official communication channels. The only thing that should be discussed is the project itself. If you disagree or do not get along with someone, please be an adult about it and avoid them or ignore the situation/topic."

Anonymous

Social Justice Winners

Anonymous

Anyone wanna share examples of good counter-CoCs?

These two are my favorite:
      >This project adheres to No Code of Conduct. We are all adults. We accept anyone’s contributions. Nothing else matters.
      http://nocodeofconduct.com/

>If a man violates the right of another and deflowers his virgin wife, that man shall be slaughtered.
      https://github.com/bongochong/Code-of-Conduct/blob/master/Code-of-Conduct.md

Anonymous

>Anyone wanna share examples of good counter-CoCs?
        Terry’s commandments would be a good one.
        https://web.archive.org/web/20160713092555/http://www.templeos.org/Wb/Adam/God/HSNotes.html
        >Eleventh commandment? Thou shall not litter.
        >Twelfth commandment? Don’t shoot unarmed men on the shitter.
        >Thirteenth commandment No gore unless it looks fake.
        >Fourteenth commandment No pedophilia or child porn.
        >Fifteenth commandment Don’t eat rare meat with blood.
        >Sixteenth commandment No wife beating.
        >Seventeen commandment Do not swing from radio towers with one hand.

The Falcon

>Fifteenth commandment Don’t eat rare meat with blood.
          On this note: LULZ, you LIED to me. You said that "medium" is how it should be.

Well, I tried medium, and felt like vomiting. It is disgusting, felt like I was eating raw animal. I am sticking with well done, and no amount of whining or pearl-clutching is going to change my mind.

…I will order medium-well if it is a restaurant that I trust, who understand what medium-well means, and do not bring it to me raw.

And if I wanna add ketchup, I will. What are you going to do about it?

Anonymous

They’re another way to steer a project to "sershel justice" away from its main goal: whatever program or libary it originally was. I also suspect it’s sort of subversion from tech monopolies to fuck up FOSS.

Anonymous

I am concerned about this too as well as the idea of "protected classes" in that particular context in what is supposed to be a software project. I do understand that these things are made by people, and people have their own biases and politics, but I think they should be largely left out, especially when the project is used widely enough that people see it as a solution. I can understand the ever increasing need for a Code of Conduct, though.

Often times people act differently in their public and private life, especially if they are minorities, which are almost always in a different class. The way they act and what they value in private and among others of their own kind is quite different than the way they conduct themselves in public.

The idea of extending protections to them is an attractive one, but when you create a protected class, you risk it being extended in ways you didn’t intend, and instead of seeing it applied in those few instances were protection was needed, you start seeing people behave egregiously while hiding behind the fact that they are a protected class, which can ruin the whole project or solution.

This is where you need to draw a sharp line as to where the protected class ends. This is where rules should be made final. Is it gatekeeping? Sure, but in a modern project like this, using final in your solution is a good way of seeing that certain people are essentially objects that need to be finalized. A final solution really is best for these people and everyone around them.

Also, I think this could also be good be a way of subverting CoC culture. EEE used by the last sane people – use their language and their means to make it so no one can take them seriously anymore.

Anonymous

Matz is nice so we are (Nice), you WILL be (Nice) as we are (Nice) you freaking NAZI BIGOT SHITHEAD

Anonymous

>rm assume positive intent from coc
      i wouldnt make it through the day if i didnt lie to myself with that phrase after every meeting

Anonymous

Was going to ask this on sqt, but saw this thread:

What was that open source program that had a christian coc instead of chud shit? I thought it was openssl, but if it was, they seem to have backed down, since I can’t find it on their site.

Anonymous

>code of conduct for software project
      >has nothing to do with programming
      What’s the point?? The only "code of conduct" a project needs is a copy of the GPLv3

Anonymous

appease the mob of trannies that large companies use to burn open source projects they dont have control over

Anonymous

Okay, so fork the project. And, fork it again once everyone switches to it because the original devolved in README ricing.
          Talent doesn’t care about idpol. Talent keeps coding and lets their nuts hang.

Anonymous

Trannies are obsessed with CoCs and self mutilation.

Anonymous

>openbsd "code of conduct" is just how to format your emails and not be scrotebrained

Anonymous

>netiquette
        soul

The Falcon

>merged 1 commit into ruby:master
      >master
      Oof, and yikes.

Anonymous

I am LITERALLY shaking rn

The Falcon

[…]
          I can’t stand this, it makes me sick and physically hurts

This proves that the Ruby community has a real issue. I am *cough* very concerned about participating when I am seeing this from the Ruby community. How is a person like me supposed to feel safe or welcomed when I see this sort of thing in the Ruby community?

You can do better than this, Ruby. It is 2021.

Anonymous

I am LITERALLY shaking rn

I can’t stand this, it makes me sick and physically hurts

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/6nbodbF.gif

[…]

>Chads
      >chud developers
      >Chads

Anonymous

What? Trannies arent chads

Anonymous

White people are mentally ill

>MUH PRONOUNS!!!
      >built a terrorist apartheid state over Palestine
      >steals lsomeone’s and, businesses and cultures

Viewing 57 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id