What was the first computer you ever used?

Home Forums Science & tech What was the first computer you ever used?

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

What was the first computer you ever used, LULZ? Mine was picrel. Played lots of Club Penguin on it as a kid.

Anonymous

Mine was ZX Spectrum with Linux for scrotes on it

Anonymous
      Anonymous
        Anonymous

same, remember playing flash games on like pbs in 2005

Anonymous

letting zoomers onto the internet was a mistake

Anonymous

Apple 2 plus complete with green monochrome monitor.

Anonymous

This

Anonymous

Some old Gateway at my Grandma’s house. Can’t remember if it was on Win95 or 98, though it was probably 98. Played a lot of Chip’s Challenge, Word Rescue, Math Rescue.

Anonymous

P166 MMX power
      >S3 virge 512KB VRAM

Anonymous

Pentium II 355 MHz, no idea about the rest of the specs. This was in 1998 when I was 6 years old. Same vibe as this
        Until then I was a book kid and scoffed at the kids at school huddling around the PCs they had (I have absolutely no idea what those were, but one ran Windows 3.1, one Win95 and one must have been a Mac). My dad brought the Pentium II box home and I was hooked. We used this for 6 years, which is freaking insane considering the speed at which tech became obsolete in those days. On the plus side, nobody believed me when I told them the new box (Pentium IV) had a 200 GB hard drive.

Anonymous

It was some desktop with IBM logo on it. Had a green monochrome monitor with it.
      Don’t remember what OS it had but it wasn’t a terminal. It had Prince of Persia, PACMAN, paratrooper, and program for typing documents.

Anonymous

Pic rel. Purchased in 1987, still have the boxes and manuals, kept at my sisters house so 6 year old me could not tear it to bits like I did with just about anything that had batteries or a power cord.

Anonymous

I do still have the monitor as well, it just needs a recap.

Anonymous

What are those coffee sticks called?

Anonymous

Pirouline. They’re pretty freaking good too.

Anonymous

>Pirouline
            Almost, these are the Aldi rip-off’s. They are still made of delicious and win.

Anonymous

I was told that I first used a 286 clone PC when I was like 2 years old, my mother was working on some spreadsheets and had me type in some numbers for her. The one I actually remember using is a Pentium 100 clone with a Diamond Stealth of some sort and a Sound Blaster AWE32, it was absolutely loaded with DOS games and some Win95 stuff.

Anonymous

some prebuilt my dad bought off our local IT guy
      >AMD Spermon 140 (with one secret core which I unlocked of course)
      >Asrock MoBo with integrated Nvidia GPU
      >0.5 gig of RAM (which I upgraded to 2x2GB)
      >later on I added ATI X1300 GPU
      >Windows XP
      it run CS 1.6 really well, it actually died 2 years ago after years of abuse (both physical and that of software kind)

Anonymous

>Spermon
        best misspelling of Sempron I have ever seen

Anonymous

I believe it is AMD Sperm MAN

Anonymous

intentional lol

Anonymous

My 13th bday present. I5 4gb ram and GT 330m. Once i spilled a whole glass of orange juice on the keyboard, while playing league of legends, and i remember telling my friends on skype i had to leave the game because juice was flowing out the screws at the bottom. It still works today.

Anonymous

you have to be 18 and older to post here

Anonymous

he was born in 1997 you freaking troglodyte, the GT 330m released in 2010 and it was his thirteenth birthday present. are you freaking scrotebrained? have a nice day.

Anonymous

Spot the Zoomer. Don’t worry, you will never know how great the early internet was.

Anonymous

I was there

Anonymous

Prove it scrote, what was the first Counterstrike game you played?

Anonymous

action quake

Anonymous

>he was born after the Berlin Wall fell
            It was zoomer tier and it was on the LULZ

Anonymous

a Packard Bell running Windows 95 with 3D Dinosaur Adventure and AOL, looked just like this

Anonymous

wait no, we still had Juno at the time but I didn’t really know how to get online until we bought our Windows 98 machine and I was permitted an AOL kids account. Good times.

Anonymous

Had picrel as a kid. Had the fastload cartridge so my little brain didn’t have to learn boot commands.

Anonymous

I remember my father programmed quickload commands into the C64, all I had to do was to press a certain button combo and it loaded the games. I never had to type commands in either. It was weird to learn years later that this wasn’t the standard.

Anonymous

IBM with Pentium 1 Pro and 32mb of RAM with a 250mb HDD. My very first PC hardware upgrade was to buy a CD ROM drove because it didn’t include one.

Anonymous

Commodore VIC-20.
      >lol boomer
      GenX, kids. GenX. Boomers are freaking 70+ year olds who freaking remember the goddamn Kennedy administration. The VIC20 was early 80s.

Anonymous

Not my pic, but seeing it makes me happy. My Dad had a few of these old Dell Optiplex ‘G’ units since he knew a few friends in IT at the hospital he worked at. I remember playing Starsiege Tribes.

I honestly wish I had one or so of these around with a Compaq monitor for those vibes. I wish I knew what I knew how in terms of what you could do with computers back then. It sucks, all I did was do video games (SNES, N64, Gamecube, etc). Man, I could have started a BBS or some cool type shit.

Anonymous

Also, I remember making my first Geocities site on it. I want to go back Anon. That decade was 50x better.

Anonymous

i broke the disk drive of my grandfather’s desktop by putting coins in it when i was too young to remember. i think my first actual computer use was when my family shared a dell laptop for non work related things and i used to wake up at 6 every morning to spend my hour of screen time playing flash games.

Anonymous

dell dimension 3000, played countless hours of hotweels stunt track driver and kahuna reef

Anonymous

Begone, zoomers

It had solitaire

Anonymous

Cromemmco Z2-D

Anonymous

learned C on a Cromemco Cromix system in 1984, did some S100 circuit boards for an Automatic Test System for military electronics

Anonymous

aye, did my first forays into c and asm on it. I belonged to the school my dad taught at, he’d bring it home with a lear siegler terminal on holidays for database development.

He bought a trs80 model 2 later which was the first home machine we had.

Anonymous

Rockwell AIM65, programmed Conway’s game of Life in assembler to print out on the built in printer, learned all about opcodes and PIO on that. Never did get an AppleII, next was a Sage 68000 running UCSD P-System, learned spreadsheet programming, that was kind of a mind blower at the time.

Anonymous

Amiga 500

Anonymous

Nondescript beige desktop computers running DOS 5 or 6. Some had color monitors and some were monochrome

Anonymous

nVidia fx5500, amd sempron 2300+, 80GB HDD molex only,2 gigs of ram. The gpu had a faulty fan and even Diablo 2 Eastern Sun kept freezing constantly.

Anonymous

First one was a Sinclair ZX-81
      Some years later, i got a C64

Anonymous

The first computer I ever used was my parents Emachine Windows 98. Played lots of ww2 gi on it circa 2000.

The first computer that I ever owned was an old Macintosh SE circa 2004. Still have that one too.

Anonymous

something beige with pentium II playing the neverhood

Anonymous

I still have it, it’s a beast and a relic

Anonymous

-512mb ram
      -some old obsolete cpu that i don’t remember its name

i upgraded it like few years ago to:
      -2gb ram ddr2
      -core 2 duo 2.33ghz
      -amd radeon 5450hd

still using it rn

Anonymous

A Celeron PC;

spent most of my childhood playing LBA2: Twinsen’s Oddissey, NFS2, and The Curse of Monkey Island

Anonymous

INTEL 386, FATHER OF ALL PROCESSORS

Anonymous

Commodore 64. Cobal was my first language.

Anonymous

Compaq Deskpro

Anonymous

Some windows 95 machine. Actually still have it, although the CRT monitor sadly got thrown away long ago

Anonymous

Apple II. The best computer ever made.

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id