What is, to you, the most spiritual anime?

Home Forums General & off-topic What is, to you, the most spiritual anime?

Viewing 96 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

What is, to you, the most spiritual anime?

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/9JJhmGl.gif

Eva
      And whatever you say, it’s eternal

Anonymous

fpbp

Anonymous

>Eva
        Creators admitted all the symbolism was purely for rule of cool. It’s pretentious bullshit.

Naruto/Boruto is so, so much more important to understand than you guys realize.
        You guys realize that Naurto manifested his future, right? Naruto went Christ and became the almighty Patriarch.
        His son was Enki, Boruto. Kawaki is Enlil. They are Yang and Yin, the two paths, Right Hand and Left Hand, Blue and Red.
        But do you know who Pain is?

Fuck’s sake.

>Spirits are just animal/creatures on a different plane
        >most people can’t see them anymore with the progress of technology and lose of the old ways
        >those that do see behind the veil are basically bonked
        >MC basically practices alchemy and other esoteric shit to try and unfuck a fubar situation
        >90% of the time he can only keep it from getting worse, but some dumbass fucks it up worse
        >Has to pack his shit and move on because his presence attracts spirits
        >thinks spirits and people could get along in a perfect world, but knows that will never happen and people will ultimately forget the spiritual for the material

So it’s basically LULZ green pill the animu

NOW we’re freaking talking.

Haven’t watched Mushishi in years but I remember it being great & super comfy

It is. It really is. I mean, it can be really depressing or frightening, but still very comfy.

Anonymous

*laughs in RahXephon*

Anonymous

yanderedev is that you?

Anonymous

The never be an anime as though provoking or spiritual as Eva

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/t30ELVA.gif

I’m glad your screen cap is from the alternate reality Eva where Rei is actually a person

woke af file name

[…]

pic

Anonymous

utena <3

Anonymous

I was reading this thread waiting until someone posts Utena. It’s great, but I honestly believe there’s a certain point in life you have to see it to properly resonate with you, and that point is most probably when you’re a teenager and the world still holds some mystery for you.

Anonymous

fpbp

Anonymous

thread

Anonymous

Never seen lain. Heard it was for scrotes.

Anonymous

yes, you are correct.

Anonymous

berzurk but mostly thanks to the manga

i tried despite the comments and it is for scrotes

Anonymous

Its good, dont listen to the scrotes

Anonymous

Nah, it’s for chuds and le epic LARPing script kiddies

Anonymous

People hate it because it’s not fast paced enough for them. Some people need more stimulation to enjoy a story.

Anonymous

everyone who watches lain is weird and obsessed with it

Anonymous

I’m not obsessed with it. It’s good anime and it’s extremely relevant to the time. It is the best LULZ anime regarding spiritual concepts and conspiracy.

Anonymous

It’s a great show but all the fans of it are scrotes.

Anonymous

>Heard it was for scrotes.
        Cast in the name of god, ye not guilty!

Anonymous
      Anonymous

ITT: nothing but scrotes
      It’s gotta be something like Angel’s Egg, Akira, or Ghost in the Shell.
      It’s just that those keep their spiritual themes on the down low, and respect the viewers intelligence, unlike shit like Lain or Eva

Anonymous

Woke af.

Anonymous

>Akira
        >keep their spiritual themes on the down low

Anonymous

MONSTER:
      The protagonist abandon the tot he was engaged.
      Abandon the job he was because the job involved some corruption.
      The protagonist try to stop the literal antichrist, and in the way he befriend to 2 mkultra’d persons, also help people for no money.
      In the end he met the Monster that created the a’Antichrist and the 2 mkultra’d people.
      Plus points:
      It all happens in Germany.
      And the Monster directed commie Czechoslovakian brainwashing program.

Anonymous

This is the best answer, objectively the best anime of all time about good vs evil and it explores the ramifications of it throughout.
        The best part is nobody has seen it, people give up on it early on when it seems to deviate from the main story except it actually NEVER does but you have to keep watching.
        I was emotionally SPENT when I finished watching it.
        Highly recommend English dub since it takes place in Europe and the voice acting in English is very good.
        IRL nobody I have ever met has seen the anime all the way through it is a very spiritual experience.

Anonymous

>objectively the best anime of all time about good vs evil and it explores the ramifications of it throughout.
          Read Muramasa. It is the definitive work on this matter.

Anonymous

>IRL nobody I have ever met has seen the anime all the way through it is a very spiritual experience.
          I only know (knew I guess) one guy who finished it, and he was also amazed by it.
          I never finished it, maybe I should.

Anonymous

The seemingly parallel/unrelated stories, that at the time I watched irritated me, at certain point start to weave into the main narrative, embolden it.
            Dieter’s and Grimmer’s stories are heartwreching.
            Give it a second try, anon.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/rDOTjf3.gif

The english dub is almost entirely Naruto voice actors, you might be able to trick some people into watching it if you let them know
          Funny that the little Dieter kid in Japanese is Naruto herself

Anonymous

In fairness, the pacing of the anime is unbearable. Not because it isn’t accurate to the manga – it IS – but it’s far easier to read the manga faster. At least for me personally, I couldn’t handle how slow everyone was talking. It’s way easier to consume the conversations when you can just read it.

Anonymous

Shame about the ending tho

Anonymous

Hard to say, for me it’s probably Haibane Renmei. Angel’s Egg or perhaps Night on the Galactic Railroad would also be good picks as far as I’m concerned.

Anonymous

Haibane Renmei? Seriously?

Anonymous

was pretty shite

Anonymous

Though of this when I saw the OP, was studying shamanism at the time I watched it and noticed a lot of similar themes in the anime.

Anonymous

Glad someone else brought up Night on the Galactic Railroad. That movie had a very profound effect on me.

Anonymous

In my view Haibane Renmei is a story about getting over past life trauma, and rising above it. Also girls last tour, in my view is a story about a matrix hell(if you read the end of manga) and finding god or yourself in a world void of anything. And utena is basically Gnosticism. Or please save my earth, is about starseeds and past life trauma, but its very blatant about what it is. Also Paprika about how dreams and reality are the same.

But I think that all media has what I call "spiritual muse messages" some has way more than others, once you get a eye for it. Where the author knows exactly what he is doing, Then there are other cases where the authors are blind to it.

Anonymous

Haibane Renmei is for people who graduated from Lain and Texnolyze

Anonymous

Angel’s Egg is so great.

Anonymous

>most people can’t see them anymore with the progress of technology and lose of the old ways
      >MC basically practices alchemy and other esoteric shit to try and unfuck a fubar situation
      >90% of the time he can only keep it from getting worse, but some dumbass fucks it up worse
      >thinks spirits and people could get along in a perfect world, but knows that will never happen and people will ultimately forget the spiritual for the material

Anonymous

Best part is there’s no grand over-arching plot to save the world from a big bad shonen animu bullshit. It’s the only other anime besides Cowboy Bebop that has a rich narrative while being episodic. The struggle between the mundane, the little deaths we face from here to here, at least until the end.

Anonymous

Haven’t watched Mushishi in years but I remember it being great & super comfy

Anonymous

A lot of metaphysical concepts in this anime, which is ironic considering everything else.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

a man of culture, the patricians choice.

Anonymous

a man of shit tastes, the toddler’s choice

Anonymous

I’m sorry that you hate fun, anon

Anonymous

ttgl is as """""""""""""""""""fun""""""""""""""""""" as watching paint dry. overrated pile of shit.

Anonymous

Many words used just to say "I don’t like it"

Anonymous

Thanks for the loosh bro

Anonymous

kek

Anonymous
        Anonymous

woke af

Anonymous

woke af

Anonymous

Night on the Galactic Railroad

I don’t like Ghost in the Shell’s spirituality because it’s presented in masturbatory question-begging monologues about how life only exists to reproduce, you don’t matter as an individual because society, and you don’t exist because social animals or something. It sounds deep if you’re a depressed 16-year-old but it doesn’t actually convey any useful philosophy. It’s Eva levels of "you don’t matter, now get back to work so I can bang robots".

Anonymous

woke af furscrote

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/HyjBET2.gif

I’m gonna catch a lot of shit for this, but Universal Century Gundam. The sheer amount of low key animism makes itself apparent the more you observe everything, not even including the techno-psychic genetic leap occurring.

The mecha themselves gaining a literal spiritual sapience of their own through contact with their users match up with both Shinto belief in all objects having a degree of soul, as well as the Proto-Indo-European shared tales of weapons gaining sentience through affinity with its long term usage.

Also, miss me with that Wing, IBO and SEED scrotery.

Anonymous

Toy Story and Gundam are the same story

Anonymous

>The mecha themselves gaining a literal spiritual sapience of their own through contact with their users match up with both Shinto belief in all objects having a degree of soul, as well as the Proto-Indo-European shared tales of weapons gaining sentience through affinity with its long term usage.
        I notice something with my vehicles I do my own maintenance on and own for several years.. It’s hard to explain but the machines do seem to have some spirit or what have you.. the more complicated and the more it is involved in your life the more depth to the spirit.

Anonymous

I know this one! It’s Robotics;Notes!! Jokes aside, I’ve heard that Macross is very spiritual too.

Gabriel Dropout, Mirai Nikki, and for the deeply advanced occultist: ‘No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys’ Fault I’m Not Popular!’

Woke af C;H fan (you’ve read the VN, right?). Also, Occultic;Nine is a must-watch

[…]

Not spiritual but Aku no Hana is one hell of a ride. Def worth watching

Most woke af anime in general, both versions

Honestly, FMA 2003 was my favorite because it’s darker than sishood

Anonymous

My first thought while watching ghost hound was "wow why aren’t these LULZ LULZ guys all over this"

Anonymous

Seriously, Ghost Hound is a must-watch for LULZ

Anonymous

does made-in-west VN count?

Anonymous

>doki doki
        Well there goes my chances of having pleasant dreams tonight. Thanks anon. On the subject of VNs though, Chaos:head is pretty spiritual as well. Maybe umineko as well, I never got to the deep shit but it gives off that vibe. Need to pick it up again. Its the freaking lotr of VNs length wise though

Anonymous

I’m sorry!

Anonymous

lain is pretty woke af

>umineko
          07 chads keep on winning

Anonymous

Gabriel Dropout, Mirai Nikki, and for the deeply advanced occultist: ‘No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys’ Fault I’m Not Popular!’

Anonymous

Shinsekai Yori

Anonymous

that one went dark rather quickly
        good series

Anonymous

This might be weird, but this manga. Without it, i would simply who I am.

I felt like a stage of my life ended when it ended and I’m grateful about it.

Anonymous

Woke af. The general concept was cool, and the Book of Eibon was a pretty interesting direction for them to explore later on.

Anonymous

Same tbh. Loved it, and I’m forever happy that it ended properly, but also forever sad it ended.

Anonymous

Bleach

Anonymous

Naruto/Boruto is so, so much more important to understand than you guys realize.
      You guys realize that Naurto manifested his future, right? Naruto went Christ and became the almighty Patriarch.
      His son was Enki, Boruto. Kawaki is Enlil. They are Yang and Yin, the two paths, Right Hand and Left Hand, Blue and Red.
      But do you know who Pain is?

Anonymous

Naruto is literally all about superior genetics always winning just like Neji implied in his fight with Nardo you freaking imbecile subhuman.

Anonymous

people dont realize it, but naruto and the sage of the six paths is actually about naropa and the 6 yogas of naropa.

Anonymous

Doodoo monster man without a doubt.

Anonymous

I love that anime, but it’s not spiritual, it’s the wired. Kinda the opposite

Anonymous

>literally the terry davis anime
        >not spiritual

Anonymous

I would have said a few others already mentioned in this thread, but here’s two originals:
      Shiki and Death Parade.
      Also, it’s cringe to admit it but Fate Stay Night got me interested in mythology.

Anonymous

Requiem for a nightmare

Anonymous

>Ancient Angelic race
      >Blue beam teleports girl to alternate fantasy world
      >Dragons
      >Divination
      >Astrology signs fit all the characters
      >Antagonist builds machine that literally alters fate to make whatever he decides an ultimate inevitability, Quantum mechanics/Law of attraction

90’s anime went freaking deep, I truly believe all these japanese mangaka were tied to the ether.

Anonymous

>90’s anime went freaking deep, I truly believe all these japanese mangaka were tied to the ether.
        I’ve thought the same after watching various anime.. Almost like the authors, artists, creators and voice actors were divinely inspired or directed to guide others on the proper path.. It was truly a spiritually interesting deep era for anime.

Anonymous

Mushishi is my pick, too. There is truth to cigarettes affecting spirits too.

Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ywd0FQpF9g
        My siss.

Anonymous

what?

Anonymous

Full Metal Alchemist

Anonymous

Full Metal Alchemist

Anonymous

Darling in the Franxx. It touches my soul like no other anime.

Anonymous

I’ve read your posts in the archive, that show sucks and you’re a schizo scrotebrain.

Anonymous

At least someone reads them. <3

Anonymous

To be completely honest, I think it’s Haruhi

Anonymous

absolutely woke af choice

Anonymous

When you assign each letter a number, like a poor man’s gematria, the sums of the lettera in both names JESUS and MESSIAH are 74 each. Multiply that by 9 and you get 666.

>but anon, why are you talking about this shit replying to a Haruhi post?

Both HARUHI and KYON are the number 65. Multiply that by 9 and you get 585 – like an H (8) superimposed over a SOS (505). 65 is also 5+8×5. Sum the letters of HARUHI SUZUMIYA and the result is 200 (5×8×5). If you dig deeper on the Haruhi franchise, you’ll know the author knows.

Also, Tanigawa predicted the future at least twice.

Anonymous

>If you dig deeper on the Haruhi franchise, you’ll know the author knows.
          knows…… what?

Anonymous

You’ll know when you dig deeper into the occult mysteries of Haruhi and the 585.

Captcha: D00PE

Anonymous

Wish I had a mind like yours anon.

vn8nw

Anonymous

Remember Haruhi isnt the God, but Kyon is

Anonymous

I have heard this opinion expressed several times here yet I have trouble believing it. If anon says that "Harui" is "God", then I believe it. It’s not as if I have even actually watched the show. Taking on an Anon’s opinion at face value has it’s own merits.

Anonymous

Both are 585

Anonymous

Does anyone know where i can watch Haruhi that isn’t Crunchyroll or funimation? I can only find season 1 on YouTube.

Anonymous

Anime is commercial trash stamped and approved by faceless corporate suits, it’s incapable of being genuinely spiritual.

Anonymous

The Christian symbolism of Trigun is often mentioned in passing on a surface level but the esoteric aspects of it are a lot deeper than most viewers realize and not just in terms of a classical reading of religious texts but imo also mirror a lot of contemporary opinions regarding LULZ topics

I found it to be a semi believable take on Christianity because it intertwines it with materialism without ever confirming things one way or another. Incredibly sad too almost oppressively so while still being hopeful and idealistic.

Changed me forever tbh tbh. I never thought about it much in the decade since I first saw it over a decade ago despite really liking it but upon rewatching the series I can say it’s
      one of my favorites

Anonymous

It’s the music that really sells it.

Anonymous

Vash is the undaunted, fabled mythological hero.
        Vash tames the monster/dragon to overcome evil and he’s widely hunted because the crowning, corrective force of all tries to weigh him down but his only real aim is to live and let live. In his endeavor to find contentment and peace, he’s met with continued strife, at test, all aimed at evoking his best self.
        Vash is the Fool but he’s also the Magician.

Anonymous

neon genesis evangelion in its entirety, ignore everyone who says anything about it is unintentional, doesn’t matter if it wasn’t entirely deliberate

serial experiments L A I N

tengen toppa gurren lagann

both of the main ghost in the shell films

Anonymous

he is basking

Anonymous

>evangelion
        There’s so much occult shit packed into just one show. It’s totally worth rewatching it just with the take that SEELE was a self prophecy fulfilling gnostic doomsday cult

Anonymous

now this is a woke af anon
        second GitS movie in particular, probably the best movie ever made

Anonymous

The one true anime.

Anonymous

I always avoided this show when I was younger but just watched a few clips and couldn’t stop smiling

Anonymous

It’s one of those shows that’s so stupid it becomes great. Revolutionary plot? Beautiful art? Awe inspiring music? Lol nahh
          It’s pure trash and it knows it.

Anonymous

Dragon Ball Z

Anonymous

Everything by Satoshi Kon, also Made in Abyss.

Anonymous

Hell Girl was pretty good.

Anonymous

On another anime thread here a while back, there was a short series some anon described as (iirc) a girl saving the world from demons/occult stuff by, essentially, shitposting. It sounded good, but I promptly forgot. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

Anonymous

Kyokou Suiri. I thought it was AOTS during winter 2020, but it dragged slightly towards the end. That said, its great and found the overall quality very good. It’s getting a second season too.

You’re right, now that you mention it, it had spiritual elements.

Anonymous

>What is, to you, the most spiritual anime?
      >to you
      For once, OP is not a scrote, and is intelligent.

Anonymous

neon genesis

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Bleach

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Squealer did nothing wrong.

Anonymous

How can we be sure anon?

Seriously

Anonymous

He fought against a depraved, decadent, stupid society that had enslaved his people. He was right.

Anonymous

He fought everyone else anon, who are you even fighting for in that situation?

Anonymous

I’d also like to offer up The Last Airbender and Ghost in the Shell.
      TLA is genuinely Christ manifesting through Avatar. Ang starts out as a mere child, unaware of his powers, alive in a world where all he knew was lost and an imbalance of powers has corrupted his world, a world where he’s hunted meticulously. Wild swings of emotion pull out of him his true strengths, igniting a deep knowledge and power he didn’t exactly understood he had.
      His final endeavor to overcome Fire damages people around him. Fire, as you well know, is Knowledge. Once he fits things back together enough in himself, better learns to use Knowledge and alters himself in ways that conduce to his aims, he can manifest all elements in a focused plan to conquer that which binds the world in an attempt to unify once again the atrophied nations and their relationships.
      Kora is Sophia.

Ghost in the Shell is a bit more eerie. It’s practically The Matrix. It’s but another "Avatar" reference (not necessarily TLA, I’m saying).

Anonymous

>Ghost in the Shell is a bit more eerie. It’s practically The Matrix.
        How?

Anonymous

>anime
      >spiritual

Anonymous

Angel Beats as a spirit/soul spirituality.

Anonymous

extremely woke af.

Anonymous

Welcome to the NHK.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

This

Anonymous

Monogatari, cardcaptor sakura, haibane.

Anonymous

for me? Kaiba. Was thinking in bed for days about it afterwards. Especially the thought that people’s memories could just be lost by clumsiness, or being unable to afford a new body, or simply having your consciousness be erased by law enforcement/family. Ending was kinda disappointing, but everything leading up to it was a good ride.

Anonymous

Kaiba made me feel so much, it really was a spiritually inspiring anime.

Anonymous

https://i.4cdn.org/x/1633736177250.jpg

I think Ergo Proxy is quite spiritual, I won’t go into the specifics as I don’t want to spoil it. I think it could’ve told the story slightly better though.

Anonymous

was going to say this

Anonymous

Yes. It is an underrated and strangely unnoticed one.

Anonymous

in a way

Anonymous

Sword Art Online. Not for most people obviously, but it’s a huge synchronicity for me. I kinda have plans to expand it to synchronize for more people. Things are gonna get meta.

Anonymous

yeah; theres a point i realized; the two main characters are the wisest in this game of life. Therefore they are the strongest and happiest are the only ones capable to defeat the game. The gamemaster, the creator and final boss in the game notices/ acknowledges the other strongest/fastest guy in his game. Nirvana, and divinity come to mind

Anonymous

Idk about spiritual but welcome to the nhk is LULZ as fuck

Anonymous
      Anonymous

>29968380
      >29971154
      Why are anime haters always seething hylics?
      You never hear "oh, it’s not for me", it’s always "THAT HAS NO REDEEMING QUALITIES".

Anonymous

yugioh duel monsters

Anonymous

Yugioh is physical life

Anonymous

I think it would have to be either Rahxephon or Haibane Renmei
      It’s a good thing you aren’t a Christian because you’d go all Spanish Inquistion on their asses.

Anonymous

Rahxephon has nothing to do with Christianity tho
        it uses Polinesian myths

Anonymous

People either love Lain or absolutely hate it and everyone who enjoys it (they can never give a reason why). Lain is the ultimate NPC filter.

Anonymous

I like lain because it is a chill descent to sad lunacy. It doesn’t exaggerate.

Anonymous

Houseki no Kuni

Anonymous

definitely FMA: conqueror of shamballa
      >esoteric hitlerism
      >vril society
      >ouroroboros is real and a portal to another dimension
      >aryans are from hyperborea (the world of alchemists aka shamballa) and have incredible skills when it comes to mechanical visualisation because its part of their inherent alchemy ability due to coming from hyperborea
      >gypsys are the ishvalans who passed through into our realm from hyperborea
      The Most Woke af Movie Ever

Anonymous

Most woke af anime in general, both versions

Anonymous
      Anonymous

I think that anime is about Mr God (or Mrs Goddess in this case).

Evangelion is a spiritual allegory. I don’t remember the plot since it’s been some years, but I think it is about forming the brain structure of the New Man which is some NWO stuff. Link up the characters from NGE with this sad song about dark luciferianism and draw some parallels: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mfI1S0PKJR8
      The characters are parts of the brain with astronomical parallels. The key point in these things is the cremation of Care (or killing the Sacred Feminine and sometimes they include killing the Sun (Christ))

Yakusoku no Neverland is almost Truman Show or Stanley Parable explicit about reptilians.

Anonymous

Fill metal alchemist

Anonymous

its shiki and only shiki

Anonymous

Obviously FLCL

also there are no sequels

Anonymous

are the new FLCLs any good? i’ll assume not from your comment. i havent watched anime in years but i really liked that one.

Anonymous

FLCL Alternative is good but the whole thing is sacrilege. It’s like FLCL K-on! FLCL Progressive however, They were trying to bring in so much new talent and a new director each episode that they ended up rushing the ending. The original series is a master class within the limitations of the 6 episodes.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Chapter 83 truly has it all.

Anonymous

I am fascinated by everything related to Griffith’s dream.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Woke af I’m glad someone posted it

Anonymous

The one where Jesus is a literal character

Anonymous

Araki is probably a freemason, I think.

Anonymous

Lmao everyone’s just posting their favourite anime

Anonymous

>/x/’s favorite anime is spiritual
        Stop the freaking presses! Breaking news!

Anonymous

k-on speaks to my spirit

Anonymous

In the first episode when Yui goes up the stairs to the music club, there’s a spooky girl hiding in the shadow of a darkened classroom. All the events of the series were orchestrated by pseudo-Sadako

Anonymous

this is better than it should be

Anonymous

I think I have this in my list. What’s spiritual about it?

Anonymous

Natsume’s Book of Friends

Anonymous

Thanks for wasting 7 hours of my time yesterday Anon, Lain was the worst pile of horse shit I’ve ever seen.

Anonymous

npc detected

Anonymous

Nah, that’s you. Lain is overrated. You regurgitate the same verse as the rest of the npc choir

Anonymous

stick to MHA

Anonymous

>anyone who doesn’t like my gay shit is scrotebrained and should watch scrotebrained gay shit
              Fuck that scrotebrained gay shit too. I gave My Hero Academia 10 minutes and gave it a nope. I gave a nope to Lain after watching the whole damn thing. Fuck you, you gay scrotebrain. Mushishi on the other hand.. perfectly spiritual. Lain is just typical gay shit trying to be deep with the mental illness and existentialism schtick. I have to stress again: YOU ARE GAY AND scrotebrainED

Anonymous

>I gave My Hero Academia 10 minutes and gave it a nope.
                Big mistake, give it the 3 episode rule, trust me.

Anonymous

Nah, I can tell really quick if I’m not gonna like an anime. The only mistake is your mom not swallowing you.

Anonymous

woke af
                    fuck that stupid capeshit rip off for 15 year olds

Anonymous

>npc gets filtered
            typical

>you don’t like my anime therefore you are NPC

you are also a hylic

Anonymous

>you don’t like my anime therefore you are NPC

Anonymous

correct

Anonymous

One Punch Man my dude

Anonymous

>One Punch Man my dude
        Everyone should aspire to be this man. Even if you’ve got it all, chop wood, carry water.

Anonymous

>What is, to you, the most spiritual anime?
      Kaiba in particular just makes me feel like I need to remember something that I should, but don’t.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Nana
      It made me cry

Anonymous

Woke af. I love Nana.

Anonymous

So far? I realize this is probably the most scrotebrained answer you could hope to get from this thread, but it’s Dragon Ball. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is a very close second for me. I suspect that both may be edged out by Berserk once I finally read it

Anonymous

You’re going to be real bummed with the ending of berserk

Anonymous

I’ll steel myself for it. Can’t be any harder to deal with than IRL, right?

Anonymous

The original kino’s journey is up there

Anonymous

Serial Experiments Lain or Kino’s Journey

Anonymous

Anime-adjecent but Subarashiki Hibi literally made me religious

Anonymous

Akira

Anonymous

By the way, if you want to break your mind, watch KKHTA. Probably won’t hit as hard if you are not familiar with, or know Touhou lore in depth though.

Anonymous

90s Berserk

Anonymous

Cylk, I see you

Anonymous

If you count manga, I’ll say Devilman. If you want a more out there pick, I’ll say The Skull Man.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
        Anonymous

3×3 Eyes is sorely underrated.

Anonymous

step aside, pleb

Anonymous

I can’t entirely explain why I feel like Sonny Boy fits here, but I’m fairly certain that it does. Has anyone from LULZ seen this or is able to articulate better why it feels so LULZ?

Anonymous

I believe it feels LULZ only if you understood it in a certain unconventional way. The message(s) is quite down-to-earth and isn’t (aren’t) supernatural in the slightest.

Anonymous

Goodnight Pun Pun

Anonymous

>ctrl F
      >"texhnolyze"
      >0 found
      Disappointed

Anonymous

Very good thread

Anonymous

Not "most", but since we’re just wrapping up and have hit the point of throwing in mentions of anything not already cited in the thread, honestly surprised not to see Anohana in here.

Anonymous

Xxxholic, Death Parade, Ghost Stories :^)

Anonymous

Corpse party lol gonna binge it one more time! For the lulz

Anonymous

k-on

Anonymous

The one with the smallest boobs?

Viewing 96 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id