What factors led to India having very little Islamization compared to Persia etc?

Home Forums History What factors led to India having very little Islamization compared to Persia etc?

• This topic has 102 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 7 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

What factors led to India having very little Islamization compared to Persia for example? Did Turkics just not care about religion as much as Arabs?

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>German aka northern european
        >Pissball art

yeah, no

Anonymous

>me kraut
        >me freaking scrotebrain and not understand the caste system came about in the 500s

Anonymous

Caste system became more enforced again during the Gupta period. It was always around and is even mentioned in Vedas.

Anonymous

Yes and both rajput and marathas existed in 1066

Anonymous

What are you implying?

Anonymous

Just cuz a term exists then doesn’t mean its the same thing as later and so descriptions of farmers and priests in BC mean that these were fixed stations like in 1500 AD

Anonymous

>Revolts
      Only reason.

Anonymous

they paid the jizya.

Anonymous

Well you say that but there are like 170 million muslims in India or so

Anonymous

Well yes but they make up only about 15% of the population

Anonymous

There are gorillions of Muslims in Hindia, and this despite the existence of Pakistan and Bangladesh, both bery crowded countries made for Hindustani muslims

Anonymous

This. I would estimate half of all South Asians are Muslim.

Anonymous

A third at best

Anonymous

It’s a mystery

Anonymous

Considering the fact that Indian empires tend to explode instantly after hitting their peak it’s amazing the Islamic ones managed to do as much as they did.

Anonymous

> far larger population
      > Being ruled for a shorter amount of time by Muslims

That’s basically it really.

Anonymous

A lot of Hindus would like to tell you that it is because of the strength of their religion. lol sorry but just no.

History has shown that even majority Christian countries (so other monotheists who are among one of the hardest to convert to another religion) can still be converted and become majority Muslims if you give it enough time. Both previously Christian Egypt and Syria had far smaller population than India and it still took centuries to make them majority Muslims, but it eventually happened. If the British and other Europeans hadn’t come and interfered with India then India would have more than likely been majority Muslim by now. Actually there’s no doubt about it.

Anonymous

>India would have more than likely been majority Muslim by now. Actually there’s no doubt about it.

Eh where
        In Bengal yeah I guess, it’d be the wealthiest part of India if not for the brits and I could see it becoming vastly majority Muslim under continued nawab rule
        In the penjab it depends a lot on whether the Sikh empire form, if not then you’re going to have a durable Afghan presence and indeed large islamisation but if it lasts I don’t see it

In the center you have the Marathas – or rather Maratha states since I doubt the empire could ever reform post-panipat, but these clearly had legitimacy in being Hindu and would slow conversion, they also probably would still be kicking around if not for the brits

Mysore, Hyderabad, then-kerala these would have Muslim minorities But I don’t see majorities

Anonymous

>if not for the brits
          Cope, if bengal was still united itd still be wealthy but because of Partition wealth isn’t as easily pooled

Anonymous

>If the British and other Europeans hadn’t come and interfered with India then India would have more than likely been majority Muslim by now. Actually there’s no doubt about it.
        I’m not sure I see how that’s certain at all. EIC sponsorship (or conservatorship) of pliant Sunni nawabs and emperors was one of the things that prevented Southern confederations and uprisings from chipping away at the ailing Mughal empire. Not to mention external (in fact Muslim) threats it was apparently not equipped to challenge

is it your opinion that British rule actually galvanized Hindu local influence? I don’t know that much about the British Raj but if anything I’d think their presence actually protected Muslim minorities from inevitable sectarian strife

Anonymous

What are you talking about? The British destroyed Persian as a literary language and other institutions used by muslim powers in previous centuries. Any other institutions that remained had ulterior motives like the Oudh Bequest

Anonymous

>The British destroyed Persian as a literary language
            that’s something I didn’t know, like I said, I don’t know much about the period. really just a bit about the Company rule. Yeah, tossing Persian sounds like it might do it. At the same time, the British were hostile to some Hindu institutions and customs, so I guess I’d ask to what degree they "picked sides" as opposed to imposing their own shit

nice trips btw

Anonymous

This is patently false, the British printed coins in English AND Persian until a few decades after the Government of India Act when they standardized coinage in English.

Anonymous

After the British Raj took over, one of the things they did generally was look at the tribal, ethnic, class and sectarian lines that existed at the time they took over, and then fix them into place, and then modify them and use them for their own purposes. So they fixed the existing divisions in place. They protected both sides from strife and from conversion.

I can’t speak to the internal politics of India before the Raj took over though.

Anonymous

The british only ran it for 190 years basically irrelevant

Anonymous

Less than that it took them a while to conquer the rest of the subcontinent

Anonymous

Yeah, the area known as Pakistan today was only conquered around the same time as the US Civil War. The British held Pakistan for less than 90 years.

Anonymous

LMFAO South Korea has been under US control longer than Pakistan was under the British.

Anonymous

British empire maps are a meme

Anonymous

Paki here. So basically I wasn’t even colonized or anything?

Anonymous

Unironically Pakis have colonized more of the UK then the other way around.

Anonymous
            Anonymous

>fix existing lines in place
            Missionary work was largely ineffective but did help spawn the sepoy mutiny after the conversion of a few key figures. Hard lines only came about in the prelude to partition to decide what i am and what you aren’t. Although the British would finally codify hinduism after 2 millenia of syncretic cults checking each others notes, you still had muslims go to holi until Jinnah forbade it

Anonymous

>British would finally codify hinduism
              What anglo myth is this?

Anonymous

>its a myth if i say it is
                Daoism and buddhism was thought to be the same faith for ages until victorians stopped trusting the kind priests and actually looked at the remaining artifacts

Anonymous

What has that got to do with India?
                  >Daoism and buddhism was thought to be the same faith for ages
                  VGH the daoist sects of India, SEA and Sri Lanka.

Anonymous

That just because its their religion doesn’t mean they fully understand it

Anonymous
        Anonymous

>A lot of Hindus would like to tell you that it is because of the strength of their religion. lol sorry but just no.
        You’re right but only halfway. It’s not the strength of their religion, it’s the stubbornness of their culture and their desire to be Indian first and foremost.

Anonymous

Turkic muslims were very tolerant and respected other religions.
      That’s why india and the balkans are still pagan and christian today.
      Arabs converted Spains inhabitants. Modern Spanish aren’t native, they’re from France

Anonymous

Oh lovely a schizo

Anonymous

If you count the whole subcontinent almost half are muslims

Anonymous

More like 33%

Anonymous

It’s actually about 40%

Anonymous

Muslims practice tolerance as a rule, not as an exception. I don’t know why westoids have difficulty with this. I’m sorry to tell them that US propaganda from the war on terror was woke af on a lie.

Anonymous

Delhi sultanate was unstable and filled with revolts. OP pic is it’s greatest extent and it exploded soon after. Mughals weren’t really religious. Akbar created his own religion, and when Aurngazeb tried Islam route Marathas came into being, and Hindu Rajput kings took control over Mughal courts. British saved muslims in subcontinent.

Anonymous

Distance /thread

Anonymous

It’s because our Hindu faith, culture and philosiphy (though not imprenetrable) is so strong. M*zzies and bible bashers, in Game Theory terms, are an extremely aggressive and ruthless player. Both came to the paradise that was Bharat. And no rewriting of history, the m*zzies were ruthless and cruel.

M*zzie arabs pushed xtianity out of their homeland and into Europe. Explain why that doesn’t get mentioned.

Anonymous

I’d definitely put my dick between those tits

Anonymous

Because hinduism is protected by God

Anonymous

Hinduism is just so superior to Abrahamic religions that very few would switch to something so comparatively stupid. That and when India was ruled by Hindus again they went and force converted (or just pointed out the lack of need to pretend to believe that crap) all the Abrahamics they could back to Hinduism. I find it sort of amusing that for once the Muslims are the ones getting the shit kicked out of them alongside the Christians who don’t accept their inferior position to the Hindus in India. Polytheism solidly won in India and it’s even started spreading to other nations.

Anonymous

Counterquestion: what happened on 15 August 1947?

Anonymous

Even if you were to combine India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh, Muslims would still make up less than a third of the population.

Anonymous

Pakistan: 250 mil Muslims
          Bangladesh: 280 mil Muslims
          India: 300 mil Muslims

That’s like a billion Muslims in South Asia alone

Anonymous

>Bangladesh: 280 mil Muslims
            Bangladesh has a population of around 160 million.

Anonymous

>implying 3rd world shitholes have the capacity to do accurate censuses

Anonymous

>arguing that a country’s bureaucracy is so bad that it would miss a portion of their population the size of Russia to avoid admitting you’re wrong
                Jesus Christ

Anonymous

Well, I wouldn’t call
          >a third of the population
          >very little Islamization
          especially since Hinduism still is a pretty nationalist religion (well, it actually isn’t a single religion) and being Hindu literally means you’re Indian. (On the other hand not being Hindu meant, you weren’t an Indian.) That’s why you can only be born as a Hindu, you can’t become one by conversion.

Anonymous

>being Hindu meant, you weren’t an Indian.) That’s why you can only be born as a Hindu, you can’t become one by conversion.
            Lol. I think you mean "Arya" here. Jats,Tais,Champa,Ahoms,Kirats(Tibetans),Kushans,Hunas,Mundas,Bhils.etc. have been historically recognised as Hindus after conversion with their "Arya" or Non-mlechha status being inconsistent but solidified later.

Anonymous

>those weird names
              Holy shit why is Pajeet language so disgustingly ugly?

Anonymous

>Kushans
              the kushans were afghan/iranic not indians

Anonymous
                Anonymous

>Not Indian
                That was the point of the post.
                >Afghan/Iranian
                More in line Tarin basin populations.

Anonymous

>That was the point of the post.
                  sis native Indians were second class citizens

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/27Q8OHP.gif

>cycle puncture repair guy talking about class.

Anonymous

Read the convo again. The point was that anyone could become Hindu despite having non-Indian background which some people think is a privilege only reserved for Native Indians.
                    >sis native Indians were second class citizens
                    I dont how much truth is there to this statement. The Kushans were few number and assimilated very quickly. They appeased the native preistly class and even genocided Buddhists of NW India/Gandhara after becoming zealot Hindus.

Anonymous

Ooops that were the Hunas that massacred Buddhists not Kushans. Anyways, Kushans did become Indianized and converted to native religions.

Anonymous

>Kushans did become Indianized
                        yeah when the Sassanids conquered their homeland and they were left as a rump state in the Punjab

Anonymous

Kushan were buddhist at their greatest extent under their most famous king mudslime.

Anonymous

>adopting religion
                        >becoming Indianized
                        lmao I guess China became Indian

Anonymous

>A king ruling large swathes of India, following Indian religion, organising 4th buddhist council, and spreading indian religion all along the the silk road is not indianized

Anonymous

Their power base remained in Bactria you moron. That’s why it declined once Bactria was taken by the Sassanids. It was a central asian empire. Only a pajeet would be deluded enough to claim a group that conquered his actual ancestors. Nice to see the Pajeet inferiority complex remains as strong as ever

Anonymous

Kanishka ruled extended from Central Asia to India scrotebrain. How long are you gonna keep embarrassing yourself?
                        >Only a pajeet would be deluded enough to claim a group that conquered his actual ancestors. Nice to see the Pajeet inferiority complex remains as strong as ever
                        Lol the seethe in him

Anonymous

Their power base was in Bactria. That’s where the Kushan tribes settled and where their military power was located. You are an idiot. The Romans expanded beyond Italy but that didn’t make them non Italians.

Anonymous

They started from mongolia, they came to central asia, and ended up India. King following local customs and religions to gain legitimacy from local population is normal order of things. Kanishka capital was even in Peshawar Pakistan where he was born. The fuck are you seething about here scrotebrain? Measure your dick somewhere else, not online when talking about thousand year old history.

Anonymous

>Pakistan
                        didnt exist in those times, it never existed before 1947 so stop, you are clearly some paki muslim we wuzzing trying to be a Ashraf sayyid.

Anonymous

Most probably a Afghan plane hopper. See

>Kushans
                        the kushans were afghan/iranic not indians

Anonymous

paki afghan is the same thing they are interchangeable since pashtun are just another mutt race claiming purity, its just linguistic difference, otherwise they are just equally backward morons.

Anonymous

whiter than you, vindaloo.

Anonymous

>Their power base remained in Bactria you moron. That’s why it declined once Bactria was taken by the Sassanids.
                        And a most of their population was in NW India scrotebraino. Even central India had significant involvement from Kushans. The Buddhism at that point was also very Indo-centric and so was Indo-aryan culture that was adopted by Kushans.
                        > Only a pajeet would be deluded enough to claim a group that conquered his actual ancestors.
                        You are the only one scrotebrained here to believe anyone is doing that here. Most probably a inbred Afghan raghead. The Ancestors of Kushans were from Western China.
                        >Nice to see the Pajeet inferiority complex remains as strong as ever
                        Lmao the irony

Anonymous

>Indo-aryan names
                        >Indo-aryan religion
                        >Coinage with Indo-aryan god’s
                        >Depicted in Indo-aryan religious attire
                        >accepted as Non-outsiders as other Indian kings
                        Hmmmm
                        >lmao I guess China became Indian
                        The difference being the Buddhism in China drifted away from Indian centrism to get Sinic one. It introduced to china by proxies of proxies whipe the Religious foundation of Kushans lied in India.

Anonymous

>>Indo-aryan names
                        >>Indo-aryan religion
                        They supported Zoroastrianism as well. Should I call them Iranian? No fuck off paying lip service to the conquered is what all empire’s do.
                        >Coinage with Indo-aryan god’s
                        >Depicted in Indo-aryan religious attire
                        Their coinage and attire is a mix of all sorts of cultures. This is pathetic. They used Greek as a language for a long time and kept the Greek script. They had Greek gods on their coinage. Should I call them Greek. Of course not because I’m not a scrotebrained pajeet who needs to claim empires to soothe his inferiority complex
                        >accepted as Non-outsiders as other Indian kings
                        Yes they conquered large portions of the subcontinent. What exactly is your point?
                        >The difference being the Buddhism in China drifted away from Indian centrism to get Sinic one. It introduced to china by proxies of proxies whipe the Religious foundation of Kushans lied in India.
                        Gandharan Buddhism is a different strain of Buddhism compared to the one deeper into the subcontinent.

Anonymous

>They supported Zoroastrianism as well. Should I call them Iranian? No fuck off paying lip service to the conquered is what all empire’s do.
                        Difference between "lip-service" and actually adopting the langauge and culture. Them having Iranic and Greek influence doesn’t negate the Indian influence scrotebrain.
                        >Of course not because I’m not a scrotebrained pajeet who needs to claim empires to soothe his inferiority complex
                        Why do you Ragheads project so much? Everyone here recognises that Kushans were ethnically not Indian. You even derailed the topic by your scrotebrained fantasies about "Indianz were second class citizens" and I just pointed that there is no proof of this l.
                        >Yes they conquered large portions of the subcontinent. What exactly is your point?
                        Only Indianized kings weren’t considered Mlecchas scrotebrain. Do you know anything about Indian history?
                        >Gandharan Buddhism is a different strain of Buddhism compared to the one deeper into the subcontinent.
                        You think that proves anything. This "Pajeetz religionz wasn’t same hurr durr" is a Paki cope. India was the centre of Buddhism throughout the Sub-continent and Kushans being Bactrian Buddhists didnt negate Indian influence which is itself wasnt far drifted from the Buddhism in India proper.

Anonymous

This raghead here perfectly showed why muslims are incapable of intellectual pursuits. Hating someone so much that it affects their critical thinking skills.

Anonymous

Muslims consider following Islam as mandatory on all humans. However, they didn’t see Pajeets as humans but rather as subhuman brown monkeys. Hence, the requirement to follow Islam doesn’t apply to Pajeets. Just like it doesn’t apply to other simple animals.

Anonymous

When Persia was conquered by the caliphate Islam was still young and not only was conversion still higher on the agenda and converting was the only way for Persians to keep/gain social status. Islam was still in it’s infacy and was being influenced by the Persians as well. India was largely conquered by Turkic warlords to whom conversion was of lesser importance and they preferred collecting the jizya tax.

Anonymous

>converting was the only way for Persians to keep/gain social status
        not entirely true, ummayads were obsessed with arab tribal lineages and treated all non arabs as second class citizens and the Jizya was imposed on them including the ‘al-fars’, these laws and other injustices were what directly influenced Abu Muslim to begin the Abbassid Revolution from Iranic Khorasan that overthrew the Ummayyads and the Hadith was fabricated and the new more accepting islam invented.

Anonymous

Everyone talking about tolerance here is forgetting that the only reason the Turks named Hindus as Dhimmi was to completely BTFO the Buddhist monasteries in Northern India and steal their land. They pitted Hindus against the Buddhists just like the British pitted the Hindus against the Muslims.

Anonymous

It was plenty islamicised, just partition meant they all moved to pakistan with very few staying behind. Persia got absolutely annihilated by the mongols and timur, whereas india had few massive population replacements

Anonymous

>Very few staying behind
        The population of Indian Muslims isn’t far of current Pakistan’s. It would be atleast around half if we count Bangladesh too.

Anonymous

they have an infidel tax, why raid the tax farm?
      pay their tolls and they’ll be at bay, it’s a lot like institutional libtardism

Anonymous

Mughals didn’t have Jizya tax. Akbar removed it, Aurngazeb brought it back, but after him it was removed once again.

Anonymous

The country is too big and too dead-set on its traditions that it can’t simply be replaced by a conqueror. Oh they certainly tried but in the end all they managed was an Indian version of Islam.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.