What do you think of dead internet theory?

Home Forums General & off-topic What do you think of dead internet theory?

Viewing 101 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

What do you think of dead internet theory?

Anonymous

[…]

you are part of the problem

Anonymous

It’s objectively true. Look at 4stats when the captcha changed. And look at qst thread that accidentally triggered all the /a/ bots. And other platforms are undoubtedly worse

Anonymous

[…]

this post is highly algorithmic

Anonymous

this glow in the dark post is highly algorithmic.
        seethe, dilate, ywnbaw.
        meds. now.

Anonymous

>What does LULZ think of dead internet theory?
      i think you should take this scrotebrained drivel back to LULZ once you’re 18 and old enough to post here you little dweeb

Anonymous

meds status = taken
        buck status = broken
        israel status = greatest ally
        *crack* sippp
        heh yep, quake II was a hell of a game

Anonymous

I believe it.
      Another thing too. I think the purpose of facebook and more or less all social media was to use likes and other reactions so that popular sentiments of posts, ideas, etc could be quantified for AI training so that the AI could latter manipulate and promote certain ideas.

Anonymous

shit idk how i never thought of this. there’s literally mountains of training data for creating successful populist posts. you could just train it on posts from the current year, to keep it popular with modern culture, and there would still be shit loads of data available. you could probably just have a program that reformats a normal post to be more convincing to the public

Anonymous

>Another thing too. I think the purpose of facebook and more or less all social media was to use likes and other reactions so that popular sentiments of posts, ideas, etc could be quantified for AI training so that the AI could latter manipulate and promote certain ideas.
        i mean the latter was a result of the former, and it’s not a secret that they do this

meds status = taken
        buck status = broken
        israel status = greatest ally
        *crack* sippp
        heh yep, quake II was a hell of a game

video games are for children

Anonymous

cope and sneethe
          you will never be a real woman

Anonymous

It’s also to "botify" normal comments, training people to post like bots, making blending in easier.

Anonymous

Legitimate. Reddit and Twitter are the two websites hit the hardest with bots, especially with the Covid-19 shit going on. The entire front page of Reddit is just advertising and agenda pushing. Twitter "trends" are wholly artificial and if you paid attention to the news in the past you’d know admins have all kinds of tools to manipulate and control trends on Twitter.

Here’s some Reddit communities to outline the bot problem:
      https://old.reddit.com/r/MurderedByAOC/
      >256,360 Readers
      >137 users here now (And it never goes above 300. Keep in mind most communities with 250k+ members have at least 1500 people online at any time)
      >Most threads are made by the same few users
      >Every thread has tens of thousands of upvotes. Most get to the front page instantly.

>https://old.reddit.com/r/ABoringDystopia/
      >640,367 Readers
      >820 Online
      >Most of these are Twitter screenshots and reach the front page very quickly. This one is grouped along with MurderedByAOC for pushing very specific political narratives and ideas.

>https://old.reddit.com/r/CovIdiots/
      >119,707 Readers
      >240 Online
      >Mostly dead at this point but in the past it got many dozens of threads to the front page of the website.
      Keep in mine r/NoNewNormal had around 115k members before it got nuked, but it never, ever dipped below 3,000 people online at any time and would usually peak with 5,000-6,000 people online. A community with less subscribers had over 20 times as many people visiting it and posting.

Anonymous

This is easily explainable. NoNewNormal has lots of posters online because it’s a community. These other subreddits you linked have few people online because they’re mostly voted up via the frontpage for having "correct" more-broad-reaching opinions

Anonymous

>back then
        >average user makes stupid post
        >’lol scrotebrain, lurk moar’
        >now
        >average user makes stupid post
        >’it must be a bot, everyone but me is a bot, oh no this is sooo terrible and totally not a way to feel special and superior to the plebs’
        Narcissism and schizophrenia have spread like wildfire in the last 5 or so years.

>redditor doesn’t understand reddit
        The "weird" stuff you talk about has strong parallels with youtube channels trying to grind subscribers instead of trying to actually grow an audience, it’s just scrotes gaming the system for a short while and then fading into irrelevance.
        >but muh fake upboats!!!
        >but muh frontpage!!!
        Always has been the case with reddit, you think we hate the place just for the lulz?

Anonymous

Twitter trends is such a blatant PsyOp and conditioning programm in my face that I snipped that entire portion out with Ublock.

Anonymous

>using twitter at all
          ngmi

Anonymous

You really think they’d make it that obvious?

Anonymous

>Keep in mine r/NoNewNormal had around 115k members before it got nuked, but it never, ever dipped below 3,000 people online at any time and would usually peak with 5,000-6,000 people online.
        That only implies idiots hang around reddit. Congratulations, you btfo your own argument.

Anonymous

is there any subreddit that maintains >10% concurrent active users? I think not
        >https://www.reddit.com/r/Conservative/
        868,805 readers
        2,494 users here now

Anonymous

[…]

this glow in the dark post is highly algorithmic.
      seethe, dilate, ywnbaw.
      meds. now.

if you are actually human and not the meds spam bot you should kys

Anonymous

cope harder glowboi
        such a sussy baka
        many such cases. sad!

Anonymous

yadda yadda freaking yadda
      just got out of the dumbest shitflinging argument i’ve had in a while and i can guarantee the other guy was human woke af on how much of an obnoxious shithead he was – completely facetiously, of course
      i rue the day when ai becomes complex enough to even resemble the hardheadedness of an actual person

Anonymous

cope harder glowboi
        such a sussy baka
        many such cases. sad!

recycled reddit shill algorithm perhaps?

Anonymous

you mean me or the theory because i’d say neither

Anonymous

The OP of OPs picrel did not discount or say that there were not also real individuals on the net. He’s implying that AI is guiding the net at this point.

Anonymous

I thought it was common knowledge.
      They aren’t even hiding it.

Anonymous

this is disgusting, masks and social distancing should be in place til minimum christmas time at the earliest, the government are clueless, the delta variant should be taken seriously and we should go into a national lockdown to prevent it spreading – my new favourite copypasta

Anonymous

I don’t think anyone denies that there’s a shitload of bots on the internet, it’s more of the proportion of bots to humans that’s the question.
        Although I think even if bots don’t make the majority of posts, the bots and/or platforms work to make sure certain posts (either made by bots or just humans with the "correct" opinion) blow up.

Anonymous

Yeah, though I think especially twitter in particular is that actually reported there being a ridiculous amount of bot/fake accounts.

It’s true though, making a certain subgroup’s views more visible through their algorithms – why else would they push that shit so hard on users – is just as effective if not more so.

Anonymous

This.

For anyone who hasn’t figured it out, these bots are being funded by the oligarchy ( and In case you don’t know what the fuck that is, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O04vuRpSJY is a decent quick rundown ) to overwhelmingly target and control the narrative of left-leaning folk. Meanwhile the right is bogged down by their own conspiracy shit. The result is that no one is right about anything and nobody knows anything while the elite continue to rob everyone blind.

Anonymous

Pretty roundabout way to just say that garden gnomes are to blame, whichare CEO’s and integral part of all the companies mentioned in that video.
          Note: I did not watch the video, I already know.

Anonymous

I mean, it’s in the thumbnail. I specifically chose that video because if you are already in the know, you don’t even need to click to understand it. It’s still a good watch though.

Anonymous

Obviously the original post was made in good faith and it points out trends anyone whose been around long enough can see, but it insinuates some outside conspiracy to explain the transformation instead of reconciling that its a consequence of the system evolving and growing on its own.

Yes we live in an algorithmic culture and its harder than over to connect to real things. Your old internet friends left you behind and live other lives. LULZ and reddit are petri dishes for bots and manipulation campaigns, with many reposts and expeirments happening in secret, opersted by random ass people.

Youre rarely going to be connected to real people on the internet. There’s no more ‘incidental’ audience or events, its all algorithmically churned, filtered, optimized, refined to drive ad dollars and dopamine addiction.

No genuine art can grow out of such a dismal landscape. Yes the internet is dead. The theory that some shadow cabal did this is totally unnecessary. Eternal september continues to unspool and iterate.

Anonymous

>Youre rarely going to be connected to real people on the internet. There’s no more ‘incidental’ audience or events, its all algorithmically churned, filtered, optimized, refined to drive ad dollars and dopamine addiction.
        >
        >No genuine art can grow out of such a dismal landscape. Yes the internet is dead. The theory that some shadow cabal did this is totally unnecessary. Eternal september continues to unspool and iterate.
        This is extremely underrated.

Anonymous

I run a kind of successful website. It’s all true, everything is fake. Reddit started with admins having conversations with themselves and having an admin tool that let them switch accounts. You need users to generate content but you need content to get users. The answer is to pretend you are users who are making content.

Reddit and Facebook have been absorbing smaller websites. People disappeared from your forums and small communities because they went to the big sites.

The internet being so fake is why it’s become so disposable. With forums, people would ask questions, and then you would search when questions were asked to get the answer, and if there was no answer, you’d ask. The forum would become a giant repository of information. But this makes it very easy to see history and see what’s fake or not. So the new internet is disposable, content generated is disappeared. Look at facebook communities compare to real forums. Real forums you search and get an answer. FB is filled with the same scrotebrains asking the same questions over and over again because there is no search function.

The modern internet is 100% fake, dead, and gay.

Anonymous

disposable internet is more compelling and useful than dead internet. Always in motion, instantaneous, the recommedation feed was the forbidden fruit that made any given piece of speech or content utterly disposable.

Anonymous

>90s internet good and fun; modern internet bad and boring
      My man, there’s a name for that feeling: depression. Get help.

Anonymous

oh wow yeah that would explain a lot

Anonymous

^

Anonymous

yeah this. its gets better once you get help. the internet isnt fake. most people are just boring, and everyone ITT doesnt want to accept that that’s the state of things. life isnt a movie

Anonymous

Exactly. We had thread in the 2000’s where people talked about Web 1.0 and 2.0 shit, saying the real thing was usenet and user groups.

This.

t. been here since 2007, used to browse shit like netwgrounds and deviantart before LULZ, played runescape and everquest online, same age group as the poster in OP

Anonymous

>take your happy pills so you stop noticing that the world sucks

Anonymous

underrated post. people who need treatment are bending the knee and admitting they are the problem with little to no justification for it, other than they must need social acceptance to survive

Anonymous

No, this is coherent and reasonable thought, things are shittier today compared to the 90s. Everything is made out of waves including time, peaks and valleys everywhere, good periods and bad periods exist and everything indicates we are in a cultural valley, it could last centuries or it could end tomorrow

Anonymous

very early internet had only autists, and that was pretty fun.

Anonymous

>implying the internet hasn’t changed significantly since the 90s

Anonymous

Autism

Anonymous

This is something I thought too, at least on the surface level. A lot of posts on LULZ and other places just seem too formulaic to be made by real people. Whether that’s an aspect of human behavior that I’m just not familiar with since I’m a shut-in, which is likely the case, or a more sinister phenomenon, I can’t say with certainty.

Anonymous

Perhaps it’s possible that the LULZ and other communities have a very high level of bots that make the entire community seem very real, but there’s definitely more to it than that. It’s just the first thing that came to my mind as I read this.

It’s like they’re programmed to use a fixed list of canned responses, and repeat them over and over, no matter the circumstances. We can know it’s an AI, or a bot or something, but I’m so goddamn tired of listening to the same stories over and over again. I’ve stopped responding to people on Tumblr about the same story (the one I talked about earlier), because every goddamn time someone posts a picture or I comment on another person’s post I’m reminded of that story. It’s literally one of the most tiresome things I’ve ever encountered.

Anonymous

I read about 10 words into your post before concluding that you are in fact a sussy baka

Anonymous

You pass the test

Anonymous

Strangely enough, the text immediately screamed AI generated to me, though I can’t help but notice how alike this is to every single scrote post on any website where some one is pushing some sort of social agenda. I can’t help but conclude that the training set has actually been inverted – bots are intended to train human discourse in the real world

Anonymous

Bingo

Anonymous

Posting abt bots but using bots to complete your text. freaking kek

Anonymous

>It’s like they’re programmed to use a fixed list of canned responses, and repeat them over and over, no matter the circumstances
          they’re called memes anon. LULZ has always been like this.

Anonymous

Mmh, in concept it’s true, there’s only but a small portion of the internet that’s either relevant, meaningful, or not subject ot the whims of the powers that be. Everything else is noise either created artificially (bots), people coaxed into believing their charade, and people lost in the void looking to pass the time mindlessly (doomscrolling on twitter/tiktok/etc).

My problem with these kind of theories is that the schizos rarely know/remember that the internet is pretty much a byproduct of the glowies controlling academia and whatnot, sure Tim berners-lee by himself, being sovereign of his body/mind, might not have wanted to create or facilitate a way to control global narratives, but he grew and developed his passions within the matrix of power that allows you to do as much. So basically, my friendly schizos, are just bored out of their minds looking at the debris, instead at the ones that make it.

Anonymous

Literal schizo shit. "Everything was real when I was young, now things are different so it must be fake."

Anonymous

Exactly. We had thread in the 2000’s where people talked about Web 1.0 and 2.0 shit, saying the real thing was usenet and user groups.

Anonymous

>We had thread in the 2000’s where people talked about Web 1.0 and 2.0 shit, saying the real thing was usenet and user groups

they were right

Anonymous

>I was right wing before it was cool
      Kek, I remember that thread. Some people are literally as scrotebrained, still to this day, as they were on /b/ 15 years ago.

Anonymous

Are there other Chan’s that can replicate the old style and content of /b/,LULZ and so on?

Anonymous

>replicate the old style
          You need people for that, not chans

Anonymous

>LULZ is unpopular
      >internet must be dead
      no, the normies just moved on to spaces not overrun with tards shouting racist nonsense just to be edgy. the internet has more people connected now than anytime before, but most of the new users are on Facebook mobile. is anyone really surprised that people don’t want to share a board with pedophiles and alt-right scrotebrains?
      and if being called an alt-rightard offends you guess what, /poo/ was just a larp before the tards who actually believe that shit started showing up. when your opinion gets laughed out of every other space so you come here you’re just self-containing your scrotebraination. if you give a shit about politics period you are scrotebrained.
      as for believing that everyone on the internet is fake… take your meds schizo

Anonymous

>ugh, i’m so above politics

Anonymous

what makes you believe your political opinion matters? what makes you believe you are qualified to speak about politics? do you have a politcal science degree? scrote.

Anonymous

>appeal to authority
            LMAO, cattle, sheep, scrote.
            most people with opinions that matter aren’t in one way or another enslaved by the matrix of power or under payroll for some glowies, they just run a blospot.

Anonymous

I have a political science degree and i can corroborate that you are a scrotebrain

Anonymous

you follow whatever corporations say. no one here takes you seriously, chud

Anonymous

except for the degree part, woke af
            yeah john sure talking about politics will change anything, pal. politics is cringe and a spook

Anonymous

Ok, let’s say the bots are talking about snowboards and ice cream. It would be like this

Bot 1:ice cream? god I love ice cream!
        Bot 2 : ya , my favorite flavor is vanilla
        Bot 3: Ya, that stuff is good, sometimes I dream about snowboarding through a valley of vanilla ice cream.
        Bot 1: Ice cream? god I love ice cream!

_and it would repeat._

Anonymous

this is some schizo shit, but i too lurk LULZ seeking these threads for a laugh

still, this website has become repetitive, i don’t see the chaos that used to be.

Anonymous

Related vid about glowie internet ops.
      https://youtu.be/2p7_kncFQLw?t=432

Anonymous

I honestly believe 60% of the posts on the internet in general (and here) are the work of GPT-3 (or higher) and similar bots, but also the work of disinformation agents. I’ve seen so much shitposting, so many nonsensical posts, so much shit stirring and shit flinging over the years and it’s getting every day worse, discussion quality is at an all time low. The threads fly by, day in day out and we are none the wiser. No great knowledge gets shared, no meaningful contact is created.

Anyone who becomes a janitor in this website doesn’t last long because how could they? Seeing this much mental garbage on the daily is just too much for any human brain. It’s why LULZ is constantly hiring new ones.

Anonymous

The solution is to just leave LULZ. Too many shitposters. Too many underageb&. Too much porn, scrotebraination, shitty "memes", and other cruft permeating most boards on here, save for the small niche ones.
        Even without the bots, kids, and idiots, most people on here aren’t even that notable. LULZ worships shit like Luke Smith and Mental Outlaw and constantly argues about inane trivial topics instead of actually learning and creating new cool stuff. I come on here occasionally just out of boredom and it gets old very fast.

Anonymous

i do agree that since 2016 this place has gone to shit
          were do we go while on the internet?
          alternative imageboards are dead

Anonymous

That’s exactly how I feel, thank you for putting my thoughts into words. I just keep coming here in the small hope of finding an interesting discussion or thread, something to latch onto but I keep getting disappointed.

I just don’t know where to go from here, maybe I need to create something myself. Get that spirit of when was a teen and made small niche websites.

Anonymous

>The solution is to just leave LULZ.
          The solution is to just leave LULZ. It’s a waste of time and resources to deal with it. The last thing you want to do is give power to the LULZ users and give them some kind of visibility in the real world. You also have to take into account that they don’t just “make” the news. There’s a certain type of user that does troll the website for reasons that are often irrational (and therefore more annoying). I’d say that most of them get their news from other sources.

Anonymous

I can’t leave even if I wanted to. I’m already addicted. And I come here for some /a/, LULZ and /fit/

Anonymous

>so many nonsensical posts, so much shit stirring and shit flinging over the years and it’s getting every day worse, discussion quality is at an all time low.
        Have you been in the real world? Most people are stupid and can’t hold a rational discussion.

Anonymous

If they got mRNA vaccinated, maybe.

Anonymous

this is unreal
        imagine thinking that people just freaking around and shitposting are some kind of government agenda to stop internet from producing "meaningful content"
        how delusional you can be? of course there is hell of a lot of bots online but they are used mostly for upvoting and promoting social media accounts, channels or trends

Anonymous

Sounds like something a google AI would say.

Anonymous

one of the most effective strategies of counter intelligence is to fragment communities and prevent them from achieving anything whatsoever as a group.

Anonymous

The lack of context in your reply outs your text as AI generated

Anonymous

I agree with
      >same threads, same replies
      but that’s to be expected, it’s you who should change.
      Then I see
      >anime good, made by actual people
      ahh you just wanted to seem cool and gave yourself away as a larper
      all anime and manga from 2010 onwards is trash

Anonymous

TLDR?

Anonymous

Most content on the internet is created by bots.

Anonymous

>line width 300 characters
      Who browses like this

Anonymous

I thought I was the only one who noticed this. The soul/atmosphere the internet had is gone. Funny how back then I was hopeful about the future of the internet.

Anonymous

>people repost the same images
      What a shocker

Anonymous

>boomer fails to comprehend that people move on and online communities naturally dissolve as people get older
      >blames it on bots

Anonymous

tl;dr

Anonymous

I’ve been noticing stuff like this as well. A lot of it is algorithms, I’m pretty sure. For instance, I was hanging out with my friend, and she said something about "There is no ethical consumption in capitalism". I had never heard that shit before in my life; but lo and behold, I see a random youtube comment talking about it, then someone on LULZ talking about it. Both on the same day, two days after the original conversation. Probably because my phone picked up the phrase. It’s like the youtube algorithm. Also, I can’t recall what they were right now; but the same kind of things have happened to me before, except even more. Just things that I hear irl for the first time, then it’s freaking everywhere. Sometimes it even happens irl. Like two or three different people talking to me about new things. Not to go full LULZ, but I wonder if I’m the only person that’s conscious, and everything, and everyone else is part of a simulation that’s designed to either keep you engaged, or make you think a certain way. Or maybe we’re all conscious; but were still in a simulation. I have no idea, but shit’s been weird for the last couple years. I used to be a hardcore materialist; but after the last few years, I’m not really sure anymore. Not schizo, I swear. Just ADHD. Another weird theory that popped into my mind is that the simulation is making AIs, and that’s what we are. They simulate a world, then save the useful personalities. An artist would be an art AI. A trucker would be a driving AI. Or, maybe they do one ai at a time, and I’m supposed to be a video game expert NEET burnout AI, lmao. Designed to bring up obscure video game facts. Again, I don’t really believe it; but wouldn’t that be some shit?

Anonymous

That is just an effect of people being controlled by influencers on the internet. Whether they are humans or bots isn’t answered in this thread and I can’t answer it for you either.

Anonymous

The observation is true, but the reasons are different.
        I primarily blame recommendations algorithms, they train people to be passive consumers of content.
        Before them you had to be way more proactive on the internet; finding communities, discovering weird stuff. Now you can go on twitter, youtube whatever and get hours of entertainement without having to type a single search query.
        Rec algs may in a way already be a runaway AI scenario. Every single human with an internet connection uses them and they are all optimized to maximize screen time.
        Experiences like are just people being part of the loop and feeding into the system.

Anonymous

freaking this. Computer generated recommendations have sucked the soul of almost everything. There’s almost no doubt that they get manipulated behind the scenes as well.

Anonymous

you can’t be the only conscious being, because if you were i wouldn’t exist.
        i think you are just a bot like everyone else, weirdly enough everything you said in the thread have been happening to me for years and i stopped caring after a while.

Anonymous

You’re an NPC in someone else’s story.

Anonymous

I’m noticing that a lot of shitposting communities with fairly decent content have almost completely migrated to telegram and discord servers – e.g. the whole evolian goon lifting uncle Ted sphere moved away from faceberg into discord

Anonymous

the internet isnt dead, the people are.

Anonymous

Western culture as a whole got sanitized and commercialized.
      Internet got normiefied, most people think its just facebook and twitter and whatever apps they have access to.
      Twitter and social media got botted the fuck out past arab spring.
      There are tens of thousands of people making a living doing psyops online.
      It’s not necessary to frame this in a conspirational way when the reality itself is bleak as shit.

Anonymous

I ain’t reading all that shit, sis
      From what I see:
      > anon believes everyone to be dead and replaced by AI
      > anon posts wot on the wrong board
      > checks answers against the GPT3 test window to see if we’re bots
      You’re probably just depressed and have too much free time. Get a hobby, do some shit. Internet itself stopped being interesting in a while – that is, unless you enjoy bland pre-digested shit you find reposted from other social network. I’m pretty convinced myself that the only reason this website is still around is because goolag is using it as a social experiment of some sorts.

But yeah, anon, get out. No matter whether we’re living people or not – this place is dead, eternal september came over here too. I’m gonna probably just leave soon too – sifting through piles of shit is increasingly getting more and more tiresome, as the pile of shit is getting bigger, and there’s less and less fun shit around.

Anonymous

Man, what if this post is an AI trying to throw us off.?

Anonymous

an AI telling people to take a break from computers is a good AI.

Anonymous

You skeptics are missing the point. Say you start your own image board. No one shows up. You need it to make it look like people are there so real people show up. You can sit there and pay scrotebrains to generate bullshit content or you can just write a scraper that scrapes data from everywhere and feeds it into an AI that acts like real people.

Now add that there are a lot of people with a lot of money that want control over people, and a lot of start up websites that want money, and you can see why it makes sense. Look at a LULZ pass, pay to bypass the captcha. Captcha is meant to keep bots out. LULZ lets you pay so you can bypass the thing that keeps bots out. It’s obvious that LULZ has bots and they are profiting from it.

Anonymous

I don’t see it less as a concrete (conspiracy) theory, and more as an anon being frustrated or even scared with how Internet has changed over the years.
      A lot of them can be explained away with Internet becoming more mainstream (e.g. more supply (more artists) and demand (more perverted people with disposable income) for fetish art, more corpos that want to use their ad brainwashing techniques on the web, normalscrotes getting lazy and settling for a few social media sites owned by megacorps, Twitter and Reddit who don’t even have CAPTCHA and therefore bots are rampant). Some of them can be explained away from anon growing up and noticing the repeating patterns. In fiction, for example, repeating patterns have literally existed for millenia; there’s a reason the Hero’s Journey is a thing. On people in general every time new humans are born they are rediscovering the same shit about the human experience that old humans have already figured out, so it’s natural some of them are gonna post similar shit or create similar fiction and oldscrotes are gonna complain how stupid newscrotes are for being born yesterday.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/SvQkYm9.gif

>talks about LULZ in 2016
      >entire posts dissolves around hating e-boi
      imagine listening to the ramblings not just of a
      gullible madman but also a freaking election tourist

Anonymous

>Solipsism (from Latin solus ‘alone’, and ipse ‘self’) is the philosophical idea that only one’s mind is sure to exist. As an epistemological position, solipsism holds that knowledge of anything outside one’s own mind is unsure; the external world and other minds cannot be known and might not exist outside the mind.

Anonymous

im starting to realize that its this 100%

Anonymous

>egocentrism, the post
      He’s one hundred percent on point that the internet has become sterile and automated though.

Anonymous

is usenet a good way to escape the social contagion? or is it full of bots too?

Anonymous

Its full of bots, but at least they’re blatant porn spam so you know right away they’re not human.

I thought it was common knowledge.
        They aren’t even hiding it.

I’ve noticed this level of shilling has worked its way into news and MSM. Who would be behind this type of stuff and what motive?

Anonymous

Hey, cool it with the antisemitism anon.

Anonymous

I have been visiting LULZ every day almost since 2004. I kind of understand what that poster meant but he is wrong. You see, all the posts until about 2007 were genuine, everything from spiderman, cracky chan, to raptor jesus and and firin’ mah laser, all of that was real. but then memes that went out of fashion started getting rehashed by people who sorta understood LULZ but never understood why or how memes worked. Whole threads would last days sometimes so people could develop a lulzy idea and other people would add even more lulz to it till it became a huge meme. 2007 saw so many newscrotes because of MSM getting in on it that threads started disappearing after a few hours. the same thing happened in 2010 and by now so many peopple were on LULZ, that just like today a thread can start and theres no time to develop an idea so it all becomes boring shit and rehashed memes. LULZ isnt seminal any more, its just a rite of passage, and an empty husk

Anonymous

>all the posts until about 2007 were genuine, everything from spiderman, cracky chan, to raptor jesus and and firin’ mah laser, all of that was real. but then memes that went out of fashion started getting rehashed by people who sorta understood LULZ but never understood why or how memes worked
        >by now so many peopple were on LULZ, that just like today a thread can start and theres no time to develop an idea so it all becomes boring shit and rehashed memes
        Basically this. There’s no incentive to be creative anymore. People on LULZ these days post the exact same idiocy as in the rest of the internet (leddit, twatter, fecalbook, etc).

If mods over here made an effort to delete this sort of no-effort, boring, worthless crap in all its forms:
        >frog
        >woejack
        >buzzwords (c-pe, s–the, cr–ge, b–ed, cu-k, etc)
        The quality of posts would improve considerably. At the very least, dumb fucks would see their "fun" stopped and leave.

Anonymous

>The quality of posts would improve considerably. At the very least, dumb fucks would see their "fun" stopped and leave.
          you want to create another freaking plebbit, go back, never come back.

Anonymous

Plebbit is infested with frog and woejack. Eliminating them from this place means those fucktards get to stay there and LULZ can thrive again.

Anonymous

2007-2011 was the Spam Age. It’s important to remember that. Then the wave of newscrotes began to assimilate and learned to ignore bait threads. Also captcha. It was a magical place once again until so many events 2015-onward turned LULZ into an unlikely battlezone. Maybe when they realize what a colossal waste of resources shilling this place up is, they will leave and we can go back to discussing Teh Rei or whatever.

Anonymous

web 3 is coming soon

Anonymous

i think it’s a gay theory, for scrotes. most of the changes on the internet can be explained by the fact that there are more 3rd worlders online these days. there didn’t used to be this many 3rd worlders and it was much better

Anonymous

Shizo meds now!

Anonymous

>wall of text
      I will wait for the movie thanks

Anonymous

we are all participating in the greatest social experiment of human history. some of us (neets) are just more passive observers

Anonymous

Anon had good points, but its theory on everyone and even movies being produced by IAs are schizo dogshit, it’s not even a theory considering he jumped from "smaller sites got absorbed by bigger social medias that became globlal" to "I didn’t take my pills this morning so Zukerberg made my breakfast."

Considering how "universal" the internet gradually became more and more accesible to even your grandma, it’s not a surprise to see how everything got so monotonous and repetitive, specially if you consider that mass communication media are now foccused on algorithms that track what most normalscrotes WANT to consume.

Anonymous

It’s no secret movies are being made for the Chinese market, because Hollywood believes That’s Where The Money Is. Ergo, all flash and bang, minimal dialogue, lowest cultural denominator, and of course nothing to trigger the CCP censors. Sure they still make unwatchable Oscarbait films and trendy propaganda but it’s undeniable the center of gravity has moved.

Anonymous

i’ve been on the internet exponentially more since 2000 but never was on LULZ. i wasn’t a normie but i never liked anime or most vidya. it definitely isn’t as valuable a resource as it originally was. much more gamification for money, virtue signaling, people inflating their "reputation" for likes and their linkedin/resume, less anonymity.

Anonymous

This is borderline not technology.

Anonymous

The OP? Almost definitely. The discussion ITT however is more philosophical/sociological in the context of the most commonly adopted and far-reaching technology ever conceived. If anything this is more like picrel

Anonymous

my greatest use of the web was finding autistic feuds among the early software developer communities. if you think LULZ has stupid threads the early FOSS guys (unlike LULZ people who can actually code) would have all sort of software engineering debates for weeks and months on end on public forums and mailing list. it was absolute gold until big tech scooped up and internalized all the talent.

Anonymous

The only difference I see is most of the internet became corporate and therefore sterile and controlled. Since so many stopped web surfing and just stuck to like 5 major corp sites, manipulation became easy.
      Beyond that the Internet never moved all that fast, not really surprising. Most humans are NPC consoomers who don’t make anything. The creators are a smaller group. I’m sure I could watch everything that was actually good on Newgrounds, a decade of work, in a week. I didn’t back then because most of life wasn’t online and I stuck to niche forums which also moved slow and only had a handful of regulars. Plus humans aren’t very original. Of course the same shit gets posted over and over, you notice more as you age.

Anonymous

I get constant Deja Vu on LULZ.
      I’ll click on a thread, and see the exact same replies and remember being in that same thread with those same replies MONTHS ago.

Anonymous

Yep. Already saw it on LULZ, the exact same shill threads with the exact same replies.

Anonymous

Hiro has the bots in full force posting denial – how else do you think he tricks the advertisers to milk more money out of them? The amount of bots and their activity on this board is overplayed in that post OP, but they are certainly numerous here and on many other websites. In our case, Hiro himself is the one enabling the majority of them.

Yep. Already saw it on LULZ, the exact same shill threads with the exact same replies.

I’ve noticed this a lot on LULZ. It has to be autism in action because its not just shill threads, but the exact same cookie cutter threads over coomer stuff or benign opinions on stuff. Can’t think of the topic right now but there’s one poster who’s been doing this shit since 2016/2017. Some LULZidiot hopefully knows what I’m talking about, as vague as that is.

Anonymous

Of all irony, I’ve found that a way to gurantee that people know "I am human" is to post a picture of a random anime scene. It gets bothersome so I don’t do it often though. Doesn’t even matter what anime it really is, but you’ll notice bots never do that; they resort to pepes and wojacks.

Anonymous

i’ll take note of this for my next iteration of bravebot

Anonymous

No problem man!

Anonymous

>The only way to prove your humanity is to avatarscrote

Anonymous

Not really avatarscroteging, that’d be the same character over and over.

Anonymous

ITT: oy vey take the meds goy

Anonymous

we optimized our world and collective consciousness for economic output, so of course people will take advantage of that in order to facilitate… further economic output, I guess.
      no doubt this oldscrote ree’ing about ‘muh old LULZ’ needs to take his meds, but he’s also not entirely wrong either. doubt it’s a "civil war", though. or that you could even blame one group of people for it. I think it’s just humans doing what we do best – bleeding the life out of any useful thing until it no longer serves our purpose.
      god I freaking pray for this husk of an interface to die soon though. the internet is shit, that much I can agree with

Anonymous

Yeah it exists espicially on LULZ, imagebosrds are dead nowadays, no longer organic. I despise hiro for not only putting in actual captcha but putting dogshit bot enabling ones

Anonymous

Its just the /poo/ NPC theory for schizos

Anonymous

Unironically true. Check any internet telescope. Network 44, Internet Background Noise is just getting worse and worse everyday. Soon you’ll be swallowed by bots whole

Anonymous

Not gonna read all that

Anonymous

PHONE POSTERS. Everything that is wrong with the modern internet is due to smartphones. The answer is obvious.

Anonymous

>anything I don’t like or understand must be bots

Anonymous

Every pepe or wojack post is by definition spam or bots. That’s the only reason it’s still around. Their formulaic nature makes it extremely easy to make templates and shut down, derail or spam meaningful threads.

Anonymous

I post frogs all day long for free

Anonymous

LULZ used to go through memes at a crazy pace but you creatively bankrupt frog and wojack scrotes are freaking ceaseless. Get new material!

Anonymous

only one kind hates pepe. no matter how mainstream it is. your rotten wound and "us" know who pepe belongs to. its 4ch.
              so you coming from leftypol pretending that pepe isnt LULZ culture and dilating over pepes on LULZ is obvious where your priorities are.

nothing you dilate over here in LULZ will be taken seriously and pepe will always be welcome anywhere on this board like anime is. now go have a nice day.

Anonymous

Yawn. You’re boring, get new material.

Anonymous

You mean like… new frogs? I’m always looking

Anonymous

>LULZ used to go through memes at a crazy pace
              we still do

you’re just way too new

please lurk moar

Anonymous

>tfw I first choose a frog that I want to post, then I think up a post to justify posting the frog

Anonymous

then post a rare wojack/pepe/spurdo

I post frogs all day long for free

woke af

Anonymous
      Anonymous

[…]

bot detected

Anonymous

[…]

exactly what an artificial entity would say

Anonymous

Look, I think it could be true. I dont want to fap and consume porn anymore. I dont want to spend my time posting on here and neglecting my studies. I want to change for the better, but this place draws me back because its original and anonymous, at least most of the time.

Anonymous

Can someone please link a thread of that AI anon? From whatever archive you please. I need to know how it posted.

Anonymous

Can someone tl;dr me or post the OP with readable, non-schizo formatting?

Anonymous

Most people are gravitating away from the internet anon. I know several people irl who just cut it off. Only way to get some semblance of privacy.

Anonymous

who do trannies like this

[…]

get so nervous about anything not pushed by corporations?

Anonymous

im a chud and i believe in this theory, don’t generalize us please

Anonymous

>Oldscrote
      >2006
      Stopped reading there, freaking newscrotes.

Anonymous

Did you post that shit in a different sub and take an image so you could break the character limit? Holy fuck can’t you take that as a sign that ain’t nobody got time to read all that shit?

Anonymous

>sub

Anonymous

nobody who takes a 1900-pixel wide screenshot has anything to say that i need to read

Anonymous

So I actually read the OP in its entirety. Here’s ya’ll’s tl;dr:

> everything seems uncanny
      > the world has a threatening aura
      > everything has some hidden meaning that cannot be deoded
      > I’m experiencing derealization/alienation
      > caching differences on website and CDNs are actually part of a grand conspiracy with no discernible cause or logic behind it
      > this it totally not a symptom of schizophrenia and a real phenomena

Anonymous

I suggest you learn about proper biology first before you talk about others being schizo.
        you sniff HRT and cut your dick off. I dont think you’re a good judge of who is and isnt a schizo.

Anonymous

> getting mad at the person you made up in your head

Anonymous

again, learn about first grade biology before you talk about important things, chud

Anonymous

And you’ve acquired this information about me how, exactly?

Anonymous

it just seems that way because we are a dying breed. the old internet is gone. its all about the likes, shares, and the dollars now. there are way more people on it, not less. they are just doing different things.

Anonymous

>endless nonsense rambling about shit I’m not gonna read
      This person is off their meds.

Anonymous

[…]

Fgt chud redditposter

[…]

Content is being centralized and not staying permanent if it isnt. Content is being shared less as tracking increases. Many factors, the internet succumbing

Anonymous

Not gonna lie, the urge to call everyone who agrees with that reddit post a total schizo is so freaking high.
      Still, I don’t think it’s a problem of some fancy AI the so-called "corporations" use. They do it for data engineering and survelliance, not for posting misleading stuff on reddit or chink anime frog forum.
      The main problem is the fact that people are 6 IQ at best.

Anonymous

I often save good threads and will repost them a year or so later, normally edited slightly to make it spicier. I know others do the same once you’ve been here long enough. You learn to take nothing at face value and just enjoy posts for how much content they will generate. If you still post your ACTUAL opinions here you are just a newscrote

Anonymous

I archive every thread I visit even if I don’t post, and never re-post anything except reaction images. And since this is the 3rd thread with this OP I can remember offhand, I’ll be looking forward to your "contributions" to the next one.

Anonymous

Nah, that’s scrote shit.

Anonymous

reminder that 99% of emails are freaking spam
      so is mailing list a problematic technology too?
      >old good new bad!!

Anonymous

The difference is that spam e-mails go directly to a spam folder and they aren’t taken seriously by most people.

Anonymous

80% of internet traffic is meaningless spam, what’s your point schizo?
        If you looked at LULZ objectively, you’d see the 20/80 rule there too, more like 0.05/99.95 anyway

Anonymous

>is mailing list a problematic technology too?
        Yes.

Anonymous

I can’t dig popular posts, am I supposed to read the whole thread before replying?

t. ai

Anonymous

The thing about willing porn into existence freaks me out. I swear I’ll think of a thing, and then within a few days I see it on porn sites. Maybe its a collective conscious thing. But I really think it’s Satan. The temptation is nearly perfect. Demons are digital.

Anonymous

Thats not real, your brain encounters X and remembers the last time you thought something like X.
        You think of a thousand other things daily, only few of them give you a dejavu feel on any given month.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/LK2D202.gif

I don’t get how, but I will believe it.

>Demons are digital
        Metaphorically true. I think it is useful to think about the internet as being inhabited by strange entities, that are tempting and influencing us.

Anonymous

All I know is once LULZ finally dies, I won’t bother with a replacement or an altchan, I’ll be done with the internet.
      It isn’t worth having without this place. I’ve been on here for more than half my life now.

Anonymous

This could’ve been an interesting post but it turned into schizo rambling very quickly.

My theory is that back then the internet was something people escaped to, leaving their irl problems at the doorstep. Nowadays everyone is connected 0/24 and people feel more compelled to represent their real selves in the online space too. This has a negative effect on the free flow of thought and information. People are less inclined to go against the grain if they know they are being observed

Anonymous

Literally nobody uses Twitter in comparison to how botted the platform is. 8% of accounts are responsible for over 90% of the posting. It’s the most insane large scale Potemkin village in world history.

Anonymous

I think most people are not the psychotic NPC consoomers the oligarchs want them to be and engage in digital astroturfing that is at such a scale it’s genuinely impossible for the human mind to comprehend. I don’t think it’s all being conducted from a Volcano Lair by a mastermind but rather what became trendy and then what became necessary from dozens of mega corporations and special interests to maintain and Avance their position. It’s sort of coordinated but not to a singular Majestic Council bullshit or anything.

What they hope is that their astroturfed opinion/conspicuous consumption will encourage the more mindless among real people to hop on what’s trendy because it ‘looks like everyone’s doing it’s while at the same time discouraging dissention by making your view/ethics appear so nonexistent that you should give up now.

Anonymous

Unfortunately it’s so pervasive now that it’s beginning to drive even the people who deploy it crazy. In one ear they hear almost nothing but crowds of flattering courtiers, and in the other almost nothing but a chorus that hates their freaking guts for all the bullpooping and secrecy.

Anonymous

Probably true.

Anonymous

Can someone post the archive link to this post?

Anonymous

its from wizchan

Anonymous

I believe it, fuck normies, fuck businesses and fuck Google for creating this Hell, just to make a few tax free billion with advertisements.

Anonymous

>scrote is loser obsessed with the internet when others grow up and get over it
      >scrote forgot to take his meds
      or
      >massive unnoticed anamolies that point to something sinister
      Occam’s razor

Anonymous

>t. Pfizer bot

Anonymous

It is mostly true, you can even see it in replies to this thread. I think for a long time I was unaware of it, then I started to get this uncanny feeling, and eventually it solidified when reading posts like this.
      From time to time this discussion pops up, some people feel it in the way software interfaces were simplified over time, others in the way the content of the web feels a lot more bland than it used to be with censorship everywhere, others see it in the way that technology like laptop designs are much worse than they were in the past, or cars started to look the same, or recycled games and movies that tell the same story over and over.
      On the internet it is so widespread that even smaller imageboards are being filled with AI backed political bait posts.
      I reached the conclusion before that leaving the internet is the correct way to move forward, but old habits die hard, and I am still clinging to the odd interesting post that pops up from time to time.
      One interesting thing I found out is that it is better to follow your own intuition and curiosity to find links between information as opposed to following hyperlinks or recommendations. I have found many interesting things on the internet by searching for a topic that showed up in a book or magazine instead of the popular websites.
      The good information is mostly still there, but hidden under a layer of easy dopamine hits that leads on an endless downright spiral of quick satisfaction that ultimately is leaving us empty inside.

Anonymous

What?

The whole point of this website is to be able to have these discussions without it degenerating into a flame war.
        If you consider yourself to be a "hardcore conspiracy guy", feel free to disagree, if you consider yourself to be someone who takes things too literally and over-analyzes every single tiny bit of the news, don’t read it and go do something constructive, because this site is for the curious.
        If you are somewhere in between, then take a deep breath and try to keep an open mind.
        The best way to counter conspiracy theorists is to be better than them, not by disproving every tiny bit of their theories, but by offering your own theories that you can back up, because many conspiracy theories rely on the fact that most people don’t know what they are talking about and are incapable of offering solid proofs.

Anonymous

no, the point of this site, was to remind you of the true nature of life that we often perceive through the prism of our own lives rather than with that of a third party. One must also recognise that in an era that seems to be at the height of emotional maturity — that is, where the world is at and where it has to rise above the other, not only by our own personal experiences but by others too. One is the only person not to be in denial about that reality — not only from one point of view (what is he or she to do), but by a larger one (what is his/her point of view) — but from an individual person.

Anonymous

>I reached the conclusion before that leaving the internet is the correct way to move forward, but old habits die hard, and I am still clinging to the odd interesting post that pops up from time to time.
        I’m sure many also reached that conclusion. What i try to keep in mind is that the internet i used to love is never coming back, i keep lurking wishing it somehow fixes itself, but it won’t, and that’s life.
        Maybe is time to write a shitty book before i die, i have enough time.

Anonymous

>why recycle a completely innocent /a/ thread
      lmfao at this newscrote, /a/ jannies delete any original posts, you are only allowed to post threads that have already been made on /a/

Anonymous

Would it in theory be possible to get the human controlled internet back if someone launched armed attacks on scroteMAN datacenters?

Anonymous

>inb4 "AI generated post" replaces "reee you’re a chud" sitewide

Anonymous

I think a shill/pot usually has 3 characteristics
      >over usage of terms like "take your meds schizo"
      Only a an actual shizo or a bot/shill would post such an outdated and old joke
      >over usage of "LULZ" related topics
      Pepe’s wojacks etc. The standard Pepe gets posted as an image to the start of a thread, which Is weird, as most people hate frogposters.
      >overly aggressive
      Sure people like to start dumb foamewars but most of the time a not/shill will reply angrily to a post talking about a topic. The original post usually contains a certain phrase or word that sets them off

Also its suprises me how no one has posted the anon who logged the ips of suspected bots, and found that it was an instant reply.

Anonymous

>Also its suprises me how no one has posted the anon who logged the ips of suspected bots, and found that it was an instant reply.

Hiro has the bots in full force posting denial – how else do you think he tricks the advertisers to milk more money out of them? The amount of bots and their activity on this board is overplayed in that post OP, but they are certainly numerous here and on many other websites. In our case, Hiro himself is the one enabling the majority of them.

[…]
        I’ve noticed this a lot on LULZ. It has to be autism in action because its not just shill threads, but the exact same cookie cutter threads over coomer stuff or benign opinions on stuff. Can’t think of the topic right now but there’s one poster who’s been doing this shit since 2016/2017. Some LULZidiot hopefully knows what I’m talking about, as vague as that is.

this one?

Anonymous

Yeah that’s it.
          I thought it had more info too it though, I remember him trying vertical text etc, maybe I’m thinking of another post

Anonymous

In regards to

[…]

I’ve done the same on /poo/ and gotten similar results, the moment you post the link you get 3-5 hits from aws servers.

Anonymous

i just tried this and got nothing

Anonymous

Not dead internet, but a sanitized and centralized internet

Anonymous

>i was also among the first right wingers
      lol stopped reading there. take meds, touch grass, have sex

Anonymous

I think the vast majority of theories like that – dead internet, NPCs – is a massive coping mechanism cooked up by low IQ people so that they can put themselves up on a pedestal.
      It’s a very convenient cope. "Everyone else is just a drone with no self awareness: only those who think like me are truly sapient".
      The implication being that you are better. This allows some skillless scrotebrain working at walmart to feel superior to say, a software engineer who puts BLM on his twitter.
      Ironically the people who think like this tend to be the most susceptible to being dronelike in nature. The meme where the NPC has a leading hourglass over its head when you tell it something and then immediately starts getting mad is 1:1 how sub 90 IQ nonsapients from /poo/ act.

Anonymous

Like you just did the exact same thing you complained about, fully unaware of it. Your post is screencapworthy as evidence of NPC existence.

Anonymous

>Like you just did the exact same thing you complained about, fully unaware of it. Your post is screencapworthy as evidence of NPC existence.
          Typical NPC response

Anonymous

>It’s a very convenient cope.
        You know this isn’t mutually exclusive with these types of theories right? There probably are a certain subset of low IQ people that cope in the way you described. This doesn’t mean that the internet isn’t full of bots or isn’t homogenized/commercialized when compared to say 15 years ago.

Anonymous

>a certain subset of low IQ people
          americans?

Anonymous

It’s not hard to identify bots, any post with more than 3 paragraphs is made by a bot 95% of the time.
      Real humans don’t write that much when shitposting on a burmese bungee jumping forum

Anonymous

how would you know? all military tech is 10-15 years ahead of what we have knowledge of now, how do you know anything is real, anyone on tv or the internet could be a deepfake even.

Anonymous

What happened to elsagate? Did we ever find out what it was about?

Anonymous

I tried GPT with Japanese, and it’s really freaking terrible. I guess I’ll rest easy knowing that the right wing nipponese posts I see are real.

Also, I’m probably one of those people you might consider to have "disappeared" from the internet. I rarely post on LULZ anymore, mostly just lurking for occasional interesting stuff. Now that I think about it, maybe for reasons similar to what everyone else is talking about (i.e. boring repetition, overly hostile people).

But tbqh, I spend most of my time hanging out with LULZ and LULZ adjacent people in VR. Unless they’ve perfected real time vocal conversation, I’m pretty sure these people are real. Yet, I see a lot of the same shit. Overly aggressive people, and lots of thin skinned people. You’d think LULZners would have much thicker skin, but I guess when you combine autism and trannies you get a shitstorm.

I’m sure botposting is real, but I think some of it might just be a generational thing. Zoomers are definitely different from even Millennials. Even the LULZ types are more…normalscrote?

Anonymous
      Anonymous

I believe it’s mostly bullshit. The majority of the post rags on about nostalgiafreaking rather than his main theory (posts = bots). There is a few cases where I do believe bots are in play, but mostly I think people are just stupid and love their online goodie points (reddit karma, upvotes/retweets, (yous), etc.)

Anonymous

Hogwash.

Viewing 101 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id