What are your criteria for picking a mainboard?

Home Forums Science & tech What are your criteria for picking a mainboard?

Viewing 86 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

What are your criteria for picking a mainboard?

Anonymous

>wifi (or the lack of it)
      >that tier list in pcbg

Anonymous

after finding out the hard way

>optical audio out
      >NVME slot that doesn’t take away two SATA ports

Anonymous

>optical audio out
        Just use the ASUS digital audio shield and connect it to your motherboard’s or graphic card’s s/pdif header like a normal person. Gives you even the ability to use digital coax instead of Toslink, so you’re not limited to 5.1.
        Pic related.

Anonymous

>graphic card’s s/pdif
          that hasn’t been a thing for ~15 years now and it was an input not an output.

Coax and optical S/PDIF have the same limitations for surround support.

Anonymous

>Using motherboard audio

Anonymous

It’s not 1999 anymore scrote, unless you use a 5$ 中国第一 motherboard from aliexpress onboard audio will be more than good enough for the average user.

Anonymous

> More expansion than I am likely to realistically use
      > Supports the CPU I want to use with it
      > Not the absolute cheapest
      > Not premium gamershit

Anonymous

This is the only correct answer.

Anonymous

This.
        My only correction would be instead of this
        > More expansion than I am likely to realistically use
        I would have this
        > Supports all the expansions I want plus a back up slot for each

Anonymous

vrm

Anonymous

>is not Gigabyte
      pretty much it

Anonymous

>does it include the functions i want my particular build to have?
        it’s not that freaking hard
        also this
        i’ve always considered taiwan an independent country, but gigabyte makes me doubt that.

Anonymous

Yeah, I’m on a X390 UD from Gigabyte right now, and I don’t think I would purchase one of their products again. That said, I haven’t had any issues, but the quality is sub-premium.

Anonymous

Oops. I read ‘X220’ recently and that stuck in my head. I meant Z390.

Anonymous

At least it has good VRMs.

Anonymous

this

Anonymous

>not ASRock either
        absolute dogshit

Anonymous

Certainly even worse than Gigabyte

Anonymous

I freaking spent weeks trying to fix my asrock motherboard only to just trash it. The bios freaking sucks and it even looks like dogshit. worst $150 ever spent, never again

Anonymous

>$150
            I have no idea what you did to it but ItWorksForMeTM

My x570 Taichi worked great

Anonymous

>x570 Taichi
              I had the z590 and it didn’t allow me to run more than 1 gpu. When I would go to the device manager I would get the same freaking error about not having enough available resources to use more than 1 gpu. I updated the bios, reinstalled windows, reinstalled drivers. Nothing worked in the bios either, changing to 4g decoding or messing with the other settings didn’t help nor did installing linux mint and seeing if it would work on there. I hate them, Ended up installing Aurous z490 and everything just worked out of the box.

Anonymous

>decent VRM
          >6+ SATA ports
          >POST code readout, or at the very least diagnostic LEDs
          That last one especially has made troubleshooting so much easier for me, it’s insane.

Funny, ASRock boards are some of the only ones I haven’t really had a bad experience with.

Anonymous

you misspelled ASSRock

Anonymous

Quality Mosfets, abundance of pcie lanes, decent IO, no gay gamer LEDs that have no function, good sound chip, a couple fan headers.

Anonymous

this

Anonymous

No fan on the chipset.
      Intel NIC.

Anonymous

Classic PCI slots, I have a box full of cards

Anonymous

military grade

Anonymous

I don’t
      Just buy a upgrade set so i don’t have to pay 300+ for cpu and motherboard

Anonymous

Depends on what I’m looking for at the moment. Additionally, it needs to have higher-than-gigabit networking. 1Gb/s is the new 100Mb/s. 2.5Gb is becoming increasingly common.

Anonymous

>if it’s AM4, choose B550
      >if it’s Intel, choose Z590
      i kinda don’t find any reason to pick X570 over a B550 since the latter already supports overclocking, unless i’m missing something.

Anonymous

X570 can support 2 pcie 4.0 drives. There’s even a new revision that gets rid of the gay chipset fan too.

It’s still more expensive than B550 though.

Anonymous

how about the B550 ProArt? it looks like it has two PCIe 4.0 drives, tho it’s expensive for a B550, you rather get an ROG X570 for 20 USD more instead.

Anonymous

Not that anon, but board only supports 3.0 on the second m2 slot. Iirc only the B550 master has the pcie switches to get more than 1 4.0 m2, and then your gpu only gets 4.0×8

Anonymous

They finally made an X570 version of the B550 ProArt. As far as I know only one of two Asus X570 boards with onboard Thunderbolt which is just utterly freaking scrotebrained. Just sucks that it has onboard wifi since that is a hard no for me.

Anonymous

One of them is the new proart yeah. The another one that has thunderbolt is the crosshair VIII extreme which is a freaking $800 motherboard.

Anonymous

I seriously wonder what a Crosshair VIII extreme has over the proart to charge like double for it

Anonymous

Less and worse IO but it got an onboard DAC so totally worth the 400-500$ price increase.

Anonymous

>onboard DAC
                    >400-500$
                    >totally worth
                    i don’t even
                    you can get an external DAC with a bunch of ports and hardware controls for like a quarter of that price

Anonymous

For the 500$ price difference you can get a full DAC/AMP stack and not a bad one either.
                      Hell you could easily get a more than good enough DAC/AMP stack a DT770 and still have money left over.
                      There is very little reason to buy """high end""" motherboards in the first place but the only real difference is the onboard DAC and slightly better VRMs that are completely freaking irrelevant unless you plan to liquid nitrogen overclock a 5950X.

Anonymous

That post might have been a tad sarcastic

Anonymous

One of them is the new proart yeah. The another one that has thunderbolt is the crosshair VIII extreme which is a freaking $800 motherboard.

You mean the ROG MAXIMUS XIII HERO right?
              >two type C thunderbolt rear i/o
              x570 Taichi also has a 5 pin onboard thunderbolt but
              >1 x Thunderbolt AIC Connector (5-pin) (Supports ASRock Thunderbolt AIC Card only)
              the fuck is this supposed to mean? Is that official support or compatibility?

Anonymous

Taichi has a scrotebrained layout and the chipset overheats because it’s right next to your GPU if you use the first slot.

Anonymous

Yeah I just said that it’s the one issue I take with it that again also like I said is shared by a ton of other board manufacturers for some reason I can’t explain. In fact probably most x570 boards have that fan in the same incredibly dumb place, but otherwise it’s pretty much perfect minus not having the second USB3 header which I had to fix with a daughter board but ones that did have it weren’t nearly up to snuff otherwise for me.
                  >scrotebrained layout
                  How so?

Anonymous

>maximus xiii hero
                >X570
                pick one

Anonymous

See this is what I mean about a board not being totally bereft of any sense of class or decency.

X570 can support 2 pcie 4.0 drives. There’s even a new revision that gets rid of the gay chipset fan too.

It’s still more expensive than B550 though.

Not always. In what confuses me to no end, ASRock decided to release both a 550 and 570 Taichi board both for $300. Not sure why. The b550 Taichi looks a lot better than the x570 but I’m not willing to sacrifice features solely for mildly better aesthetics.

Yes I know it sounds shallow, but when you’re plenty capable and willing to spend three hundred dollars on a new board it really stops becoming so much about "which feature set can I sacrifice to save money" as "I get any feature set I want just about so which board at least looks better than the other while having as close to perfection as I want on this arch"

Sadly I never am able to have enough PCIe lanes without actually having to upgrade to a Threadripper which I absolutely do not need, it’s overkill. To me perfection would be my board plus a second USB 3 header, few more fan headers/ARGB header, and an additional 10-12 PCIe lanes off the CPU and/or chipset. I already completely ran out of lanes and SATA ports. 10 SATA ports would be ideal and only losing 2 of 12 additional lanes would be great.

Anonymous

B550 can too, if you use a PCIe adapter and put the GPU into a Gen3 slot

Anonymous

> Lots of RGB
      > A cool naming like "Republic of gamers" so people know what I stand for.
      > At least $300

Anonymous

woke af

Anonymous

kek

Anonymous

>obvious not trash vrm
      >a flash bios button

Anonymous

>support for cpu I want to put in
      >four ram slots
      >vrm doesn’t burn down when running said cpu
      >rgb can be turned off in the bios
      >no auto dual bios switching fuckery (gigabyte)
      >isn’t assrock

Anonymous

It must be cheapest one.

Anonymous

vrms, heatsinks, audio capacitors
      that’s pretty much the only things where different brand mobos are different if we’re considering same pricepoint

Anonymous

At least 1 ram slot. USB port. One ssd. CPU integration.

Anonymous

Must have an oled display and has surfaces that reflects light so that I can use it when applying my makeup

Anonymous

No RealCrap (Realtek) shits in it the better

Anonymous

>matx form factor
      >8+ USB ports
      That’s it, really. VRM testing is a massive waste of time for my use case. On-board wifi doesn’t matter because desktops are plugged into ethernet. I don’t have 6+ SATA devices so I don’t care if the top NVMe takes away usable SATA ports.

Anonymous

must have LGA 775 socket to support my CPU

Anonymous

>supports my choice of CPU
      >supports my choice of RAM
      >has ports for the storage devices I plan to use
      >has I/O ports that I need (front and back)
      >doesn’t have too much shit I don’t care about and will never use (screens, LEDs, gaymer aesthetic decals and designs)
      I compare whatever boards fulfill this list and pick the one that seems like the best value and is within my budget.

Anonymous

CPU support, VRM and Chipset

Anonymous

Has to cost less than 15% of planned system total cost.

Anonymous

Sandy bridge that has a LG1155 socket that can handle a i7 2600k

Anonymous

at least 4 sata ports
      the correct socket

wow its literally nothing

Anonymous

If it’s included in this list: https://ryf.fsf.org/products?category=5

Anonymous

top lel. thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous

Pretty lights

Anonymous

Beyond the obvious of "supports the CPU I want", my biggest criteria are ECC support and PCIe lanes. Count is important, but also related aspects like bifurcation.

Anonymous

Bifurcation is amazing. The fact that there are all kinds of diy splitters both passive and powered really drew me into considering bifurcation essential for any future purchases.

Anonymous

>bifurcation
        Whats that

Anonymous

E.g. splitting an PCIe x16 lane into 4x x4 lanes or 2x x8, etc.
          Really helpful if you want to hook up a bunch ofcontroller cards that only need x2 or x4 speeds.

Anonymous

>no scrotebrained fan
      >Intel Wifi
      Fuck Realtek. I also buy AMD only

Anonymous

Also NO RGB or the ability to turn it off in the BIOS

Anonymous

Pretty sure every single board with RGBshit has the option to turn it off somewhere

Anonymous

i look at how many magazine heatsinks are on it

Anonymous

>chipset heatsink shaped like a magazine
        :Cringes:

That’s a very good example of what I mean about the absolutely cringey, trashy kind of crap they sell to bydlo gaymers. Completely classless.

Anonymous

Man that thing looks like shit

Anonymous

This is awesome, do they still make these? AM4?

Anonymous

NO RGB

Anonymous

MATX or smaller
      What are you going to use 3 pcie slots for? SLI/Crossfire is dead

Anonymous

>pcbg
      50 USA A ports per side, any side
      also a SCART interface

Anonymous

ATX
      I dont live in a pod

Anonymous

I just buy something that I feel won’t give me problems
      Of course that’s nearly impossible as you can never know how well a board will fare down the line.
      It’s not like power supplies where if they give a longer warranty they are reasonably confident it’ll be less problematic than ones with shorter ones.

With motherboards It’s all the same, you can buy a $1000 board and it has the same warranty as a $50 one

Anonymous

cheapest passive am4 itx board that has an m.2 slot

a520i ac

Anonymous

what is this chipset? i read that it only works with zen2 APUs, is that true?

Anonymous

A520 is just the lowest end 500 series chipset
          It supports Zen 3 but no PCIe 4 unfortunately.

AMD markets it as the "just works" platform and given it’s taken so long to release it’s probably the result of all the free beta testing done by B550 and X570 owners.

Anonymous

wait so it got released after b550 and x570 chipsets? kind of the other way around of doing things

Anonymous

Not really
              Chipsets like the A520 are geared for OEMs, office use and normal consumers.
              Pretty much all of those segments (but especially OEM) demand a higher level of stability than PC DIYers.
              Part of AMD’S strategy in the last few years is release fully featured chipsets to DIY and enthusiasts first and let them get bitten with all the little issues that got past AMDs own testing.
              Then they make new chipsets/CPUs for OEM and workstation with the kinks worked out woke af on what they’ve learned from the early adopters.

Anonymous

Interesting strategy, I think its good approach in the end too since the pc market is shrinking as I imagine and this will guarantee better bang for their buck for more people. Also that would mean if you don’t care about pci4, you can get A520 mobo if you intend to not upgrade anything on your PC and still have some room for overclocking even (I saw that amd in "lower" tier chipsest blocks changing VCORE voltage but you still can change cpu and ram frequency)

Anonymous

Supports CPU I want,
      Memory capacity I need
      Dedicated TPM slot
      BMC if I can find it at all in the price-range.

Anonymous

>PCPartPicker.com
      >select criteria for motherboard that I need
      >sort by lowest price
      >pick the cheapest one with the least plastic
      Gamer boards objectively look universally bad. I don’t know why they are still made. Literally everyone I’ve ever asked, including gamers, would prefer Apple-style black, minimalist boards. NZXT almost has it right but they use too much plastic like a freaking Bimmer.

Anonymous

Not to mention their boards are shit. I was looking into one until I saw the reviews and actual quality. They’re pretty much banking on “muh aesthetics” (which makes sense – it’s what their company is all about)

Anonymous

What’s bad about them?

Anonymous

cheap, has wifi, no gayfuck lights, good vrm, and good lanes aka the MSI b500 pro-vdh wifi.

Anonymous

No RGBshit, not sheathed in plastic for no apparent reason, right socket type, XMP a reasonable but not riced out VRM. That’s about it.

Anonymous

easy to hackintosh.
      tb3 header.

Anonymous

God damn MSI has THE ugliest motherboards targeted towards 11 year olds.

Even their top tier most expensive boards look like something from Aliexpress.

Anonymous

Would you prefer they go back to making rollercoaster heatsinks on multi-color motherboards?

Anonymous

I wish the new gen already came out. I want to "upgrade" (well change my ATX to a ITX) but being hardstuck at DDR4 at the end of it’s cycle just seems stupid to me.

Anonymous

Radar cross section

Anonymous

Im big into overclocking ram and cpu so my biggest criteria is having the best VRMs and components, as well as only 2 dimms. I just get the best motherboard there is.

Anonymous

why only 2 ram slot would be desirable for overclocking?

Anonymous

reduces the number of traces on the mainboard for better signal and power stability, and shortens the average distance from memory controller to memory chip for better latency

Anonymous

You mean motherboard?

Anonymous

settle down oedipus

Anonymous

>mfw i haven’t shopped for a mobo in over a decade
      get the cheapest thing with the OC capable chipset that has the ports you need, read a few reviews to know what to avoid like boards with a gimped VRM
      don’t buy into a dead end socket that’s going to be replaced shortly unless you understand and don’t care
      also don’t buy gigabyte mobos, they tend to light on fire and be unstable in my experience

Anonymous

Who waiting for AM5 here?

Anonymous

May as well now.
        fx-8350 still chugging along respectably, though win11 doesn’t want anything to do with it

Anonymous

waiting for LGA1700 personally

Anonymous

>has all the ports I need
      >appropriate PCIe layout for intended expansion cards, both in terms of physical space and also bandwidth
      >good/at least decent VRM
      >has all the other features I want (like debug LED display)
      >no known issues

Anonymous

>What are your criteria for picking a motherboard?
      I can afford it
      >inb4 poor
      yes, deal with it.

Anonymous

not too poor for dubs apparently

Anonymous

>>inb4 poor
        >yes, deal with it.
        If you’re poor, why are you blowing your gubmn’t money on dubs? Disgusting.

Anonymous

8 phase VRM or better MINIMUM

Anonymous

POST error code display, decent VRMs, not extremely overpriced

Anonymous

Has to have these at the back.

Anonymous

my scrote. can you have 2 keyboards plugged in, one in each port?

Anonymous

Enough io, decent vrm/heatsink, good memory traces. I’ve started avoiding ASRock because I find their UEFI glitchy. Aside from that I get the cheapest board available.

Anonymous

Windows XP x64 drivers

Anonymous

>max amount of dimm slots per form factor
      >widest variety of rear IO
      >widest variety of expansion slots
      >isnt a shit chipset
      >overspec power capacity

I could give a shit less about cpu upgradability.
      Might matter to some of you but let me be honest, my last builds were from 2007 and 2015.

There’s nothing compatible with an 939/775 board that’s going to compete with budget FM2+/1155 options.

There’s nothing in those sockets worth paying a dollar for today.

And in 5 years There won’t be anything worth paying for in the AM4 platform over the 3600 I already have. $600 will get me so much more out of that newer generation.

Build your computer the way you need it built the first time and stop making payments on cpu "upgrades" like you rent to own your goddamn computer.

Anonymous

~Lots and lots of lanes/expandability
      ~8 SATA ports minimum
      ~capable of slotting all 4 DIMMs
      ~ARGB header
      ~plenty of 4pin fan headers everywhere
      ~prefer 2xUSB 3 headers but can live with only 1
      ~lots and lots and lots of I/O
      ~many layered PCB
      ~higher quality board able to do any shit I want without discovering numerous problems down the line like you would an OEM board, like say, discovering my HOTAS will be finicky on USB ports and my board being of such low quality that the HOTAS fries something (as is the case in X56 for exmpl)
      ~SLI/CrossFire not required but fine in case of wanting future tinkering (not an important feature but a nice addition)
      ~error code LEDs an absolute must
      ~preferably dual BIOS, NEED to have BIOS flashback
      ~a good UEFI/BIOS
      ~high speed internet capable obvsly

I know I’m forgetting plenty of shit but those are some of the basics. tl;dr is I want it to be a very flexible and adaptable platform which doesn’t start to show random limitations years down the line like any shitboard inevitably does eventually. That is why I got the x570 Taichi, plus it had superior aesthetics or at least classy enough to not look gaymer-y, like for example some Tuf stuff with camo. I freaking hate that shit. I flat out will not buy a board if it has digital camo or dumb CoD larper bullshit stuck on it which also is why I will never buy that CoD Cold War NVMe drive. I similarly disdain a good amount of ROG shit for similar reason.

Oh, and clear CMOS button isn’t really *that* important to me I don’t have a problem with just taking out the battery unless it has a huge cover on it like mine does.

I will say though the one inexplicable issue my board has is their baffling engineering decision to stick the PCH fan *exactly* where my GPU goes. They’re one of the only ones that did it, but not the only one. Like why the fuck would you do that? My x570 chipset is always idling at 61 C. Solid board otherwise. Like ASRock generally.

Anonymous

>~ARGB header
        Stop reading here.

Anonymous

>clear cmos and flash bios buttons in the back
      >start and reset buttons on the inside
      >built-in bluetooth
      >built-in wifi

can’t go wrong with those

Anonymous

Whatever buildzoid says is good

Anonymous

How do you find a motherboard without Realtek craps in it, every single boards cheap or expensive are pozzed with chinks audio / nics

Anonymous

Use pcie audio card scrotebrain.
        Same goes for LAN, get a board with Intel LAN or use pcie card. Realtek is garbage.

Anonymous

But I want to use front headphone jack as my headphones wire is so darn short. I can’t find any garden gnometel NIC with 2.5Gb too,
          >i225-v
          That shit is almost as pozzed as realtek nics anyways

Anonymous

Just buy a longer 3.5mm cable, you won’t get interference below 5m. Or an extension if your headphones have the original cable soldered to them. Or better yet solder the new cable.
            Intel 2.5gbe is shit and has a lot of issues, you have to get the 1gb version. If that’s not enough unfortunately you have to get something from Aquantia. It’s expensive as fuck but quality.

Anonymous

Just recently saw that sound card still exist and even some of them has front HDA connector.

Is creative soundcard still relevant today or should I look for something else. I’m getting tired of realtek chink driver and random buzzed sound because the DPC latency is shit

Anonymous

Good VRMs
      Good memory OC (trace layout etc)
      Good BIOS (and shit like easily accesible BIOS reset button)
      Fan headers because I need a lot for dual rad custom loop.
      That pretty much leaves me with Asus and MSI only. Had a high end Gigabyte X570 board before and the BIOS was trash and updates took too long which sucks on bleeding edge hardware as BIOS updates fix a lot of issues, anyone on X570 can attest to that. Sold that shit to some scrotebrain for almost what I paid for it and bought a high end MSI B550 board, literally running my memory one CL lower at the same frequency.
      Not to mention I could push the CPU 50Mhz higher with 900KHz VRM switching frequency due to better voltage regulation.

Anonymous

Is it worth upgrading mobos without changing any other component of the system?

Anonymous

>Absolute requirements
      – Compatible with my CPU (including adequate VRMs)
      – At least 4 DIMMS (unless mITX), 4+ SATA ports, and plenty of USB ports (7-8 minimum)
      – Intel NIC

>Desirable features
      – 2+ full length PCIe slots + 2-3 x1 or x4 PCIe
      – 2+ NVMe M.2 slots, preferably with heatsinks and not underneath the top x16 PCIe slot
      – Plenty (5+) of fan headers
      – Debug code display
      – Overbuilt VRMs and VRM cooling

I start by filtering out boards that don’t meet the absolute requirements, then pick a board with as many of the desirable features as possible inside my price range. Then I check reviews, and if reviews find any serious issues with the board I picked I go back and pick the second place board, and so on.

Anonymous

Oh, and unless I’m doing a low budget build I almost always use the highest chipset compatible with my CPU.

Anonymous

Looks cool and has pretty lights

Anonymous

Eh. Only one I really needed was two m.2 ports with at least 1 being pcie4.

Anonymous

>CPU support
      >PS/2 ports
      >RAM OC support
      >passable VRM quality
      >not flashy gamer RGB garbage
      Basically any poorscrote motherboard will do fine for me after installing heatsinks on the VRMs.

Anonymous

1. Is has the stuff I need.
      2. It’s not a horrible brand.

I get the mentality that "it’s the thing everyone goes through, so it must be important" but really it’s the absolute least complex mechanism in your computer (even if you have a floppy drive in there) and while it’ll suck ass if you buy some Gigabyte shit with components an alarm clock company would be embarrassed to put in their products, there are thousands of companies which can make one correctly and so competition is tight. You don’t need some prestige brand; just don’t get scammed by fake reviews.

Anonymous

@83585677
      mass reply scrote

Anonymous

masterboard

Anonymous

Fatherboard and son cards

Anonymous

[…]

>mental illness the post.

Anonymous

[…]

BIRTHINGPERSONboard

Anonymous

>no gay

Anonymous

Anything that isn’t Asrock or MSI, I’ve had a few bad experiences with these boards.

Anonymous

Some board models were just built poorly, you should always go by the reviews of customers from newegg, amazon, or ebay. I would say ebay reviews are the most honest on tech products.

Anonymous

I usually only buy MSI because i like the aesthetics and they have a nice BIOS menu that i’m used to. If i had to choose a different brand, i’d go with ASUS. Both brands are reliable and trusted. For graphics cards i always go with Nvidia also because I am used to their settings and apparently G-sync is superior to Freesync.

Anonymous

Number of colorful LEDs

Anonymous

honestly I just saved me some bucks by buying a Asus TUF Gaming B450M-Pro II for my 5800x for around 40€
      I don’t see a reason why I’d need more than that

Anonymous

price, onboard power supply

Anonymous

>4x pcie 16x
      >2 or more m.2/nvme slots
      >at least 8 usb A ports, 2-4 usb C
      >ryzen socket so i never need to upgrade it
      >preinstalled io shield because it just looks better

Anonymous

>features
      >price
      >not being ASUS

Anonymous

Intel NIC
      Good VRMS which run cool
      Not AsRock
      Good DAC + Audio Capacitors

Anonymous

>it has to have RGB
      >if i don’t see "gaming" written on the box i’m not buying it
      >PCIe slots. The more – the better. Don’t care if 4x.
      >Self-destruct protocol upon detecting any kind of linux-woke af software

Anonymous

Decent components, good thermals on M2’s etc, good layout (not that it varies much), more expansion than I’m likely to need, not completely ridden with RGB gaymer bullshit, decent selection of rear I/O.
      The last point seems to be the hardest with X470 when I got it, had to pay $100 over what I intended to so I could actually have a port selection that wasn’t freaking garbage. Got twin Ethernet ports out of it though so not all bad I guess

Anonymous

>good VRMs
      >at least 6 SATA ports (and those not be affected if any NVMe drive is plugged in
      >at least 1 NVMe drive
      >a couple of fan headers
      >at least 6 USB ports
      >supports overclocking and XMP
      >4 RAM slots
      >has enough PCIe lanes for WiFi + Bluetooth card, audio, capture device
      Optionally:
      >no gay RGB
      >no gay flashy UEFI menu
      >has enough lanes for dual GPU setup (not SLI, want it for virtualization)

Viewing 86 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.