Were you the smartest guy in your class?

Home Forums General & off-topic Were you the smartest guy in your class?

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Were you the smartest guy in your class?

Anonymous

i was then i wasnt, then i wasnt again and then i really wasnt

makes me wonder what im missing out by not being like them, i guess life is just a series of experiences with no inherent meaning

am i the npc for it?

Anonymous

I’m just the smartest guy in general because my IQ is above 290

Anonymous

t. Chris Langan

Anonymous

Me, is that you?

Anonymous

yea for maths, only did the second highest level but i was like around 6th in a cohort of ~100-200
      everything else i was average though (including physics which was the only science i did)

Anonymous

For some things I like to think I was. Generally speaking probably no.

There was this one dude, who now has a PhD in math whereas I am still working on my PhD in biochemistry.

Anonymous

yes

Anonymous

Probably the teacher, he knows pretty much everything

Anonymous

I was once in high school. I wasn’t the popular cool kid by any means but it felt great. Now I’m alone in college and spend my days on a Malaysian flat Earth forum.

Anonymous

In high school I was. Or at least top 2 because there was another person who was equally smart I would say

Anonymous

I wasn’t but I always thought I was because I think myself superior to everyone.

Anonymous

At least you’re honest and self reflective

Anonymous

Same, except I went through a phase where I thought the opposite and I was the dumbest motherfucker and everyone was so much better than me, which is probably true to some degree

Anonymous

turns out i was

Anonymous

>Were you the smartest guy in your class?
      Yes

Anonymous

I thought I was, but turns out the smartest people were the ones who had fun and sex while they were 14-18 and I’m actually a cretin who wasted the best years of his life

Anonymous

shut the fuck up, incel

Anonymous

lol scrotebrain
        I’ve never had sex and I spent most of my teen years with very little social life, and during them I was a super happy person. Being a volcel is godly

Anonymous

Cope

Anonymous

copium maximus

Anonymous

Cringe, go back

[…]

Anonymous

Literally me, became friends with them, and they really do study hard and play harder.

Anonymous

this, things objectively aren’t the same in your 20s when everyone has figured out sex, even virgins, and everything is less sensitive. plus 14-18 are peak sexual form.

Anonymous

i cant be the only guy on here that plans to [redacted due to global rule 1] when theyre like 35, am i?

Anonymous

32 year old virgin here.
          I’m waiting until my mom dies and then I’m going into the woods and blowing my brains out.

Anonymous

thats very kind of you to wait for your mother, anon. she would greatly appreciate it if she could. i hope things get better for you.

Anonymous

The only thing stopping me from doing it already is I refuse to do that to my mom.
              Things don’t get better they get worse.
              I used to cope by telling myself that I look young for my age and there was still time.
              Now I am starting to thin out up top and my skin is starting to look really bad. My last cope is gone, now I can see the rest of my natural life unfolding before me and it’s not something I want to experience.

Anonymous

have you considered turning to a life of hedonism?

Anonymous

Turning to a life of hedonism without sex is kind of like becoming a car enthusiast while taking public transport.

Anonymous

no, dummy, i mean you start having sex with loose women.

Anonymous

If that was an option for me I wouldn’t be a 32 year old virgin.
                      I’m unattractive and autistic. I have zero hope of securing sex.
                      The entire mating ritual is totally alien to me.
                      I don’t like "vibing" to loud rap music and doing burn-outs in bar parking lots.

Anonymous

how about serial rapist? you can even put a cyanide pill in your tooth, james bond style, since you were gonna have a nice day anyway.

Anonymous

I’m quite scrawny, I only weigh a 140 lbs, I don’t think I’m physically capable of raping most women.

Anonymous

well most serial rapists target extremely drunk women staggering their way home on the side of the road, they might as well have a dick magnet up their snatch.

Anonymous

I’m not even sure I could get it up in a situation like that. It doesn’t work like it used to.

Anonymous

maybe we’re going at this the wrong way. what do you do for a living friend?

Anonymous

engineer

Anonymous

well thats great. and what does your ideal life look like? what are doing? who are you with? how are you feeling?

Anonymous

It’s hard to envision an ideal life anymore. I was a dreamer and a romantic when I was young but I embraced nihilism when I was about 26 and I think once you do that it’s potentially impossible to go back. I still remember the day that it fully happened, it felt like I had just died. Now whatever remains is just a soulless husk. I think that the type of love that I wanted doesn’t exist in this world.

Anonymous

if given the opportunity, would you choose to go back to being a romantic? i know you must feel like the veil has been lifted and youre seeing the world for what it truly is, but would you go back if you had the choice?

Anonymous

A romantic sees romance wherever he looks.
                        I’m not just talking about women, I mean seeing all of life as an adventure. A romantic senses a grand narrative, everywhere he sees purpose, beauty, and meaning.
                        But when you feel like you can’t take part in it, that all of that is occurring without you, it’s a terrible type of suffering. All of that beauty becomes tragedy.
                        I think of the world as an ugly place now.
                        It’s a bleak outlook, but it’s one that doesn’t sting anymore.

Anonymous

>A romantic senses a grand narrative, everywhere he sees purpose, beauty, and meaning.
                        if the problems youre having arent exclusively with women, what made you lose hope like you did? there are plenty of opportunities of adventure for scrawny engineers. do you think its more likely that you have a multiplicity of issues that prevent you from experiencing beauty in your life, or that your outlook simply refuses to see any?

Anonymous

I was with you up until here. Don’t base your freaking life around god damn movies you man child

Anonymous

Why not just hire a hooker and bang her brains out instead?

Anonymous

Yup but I was mogged by several women. True story. Then when I hit high school I was no longer the smart guy and now I’m a loser but still identify with being smart despite being useless.

Anonymous

i was in middle school then not in high school

after i bonked up high school i went to a shit college and then an even shitter university. now i feel like im sorrounded by complete scrotebrains but im in a place i belong really

thanks for listening to my blogpost

Anonymous

I was almost the smartest

Anonymous

It has always been me. I want to shoot up the class.

Anonymous

nah I was in a class of 200-300 engineering students and we were given a programming assignment of animating juggling patterns. I am not a programmer (MatEng) I struggled for a bit… I checked the facebook page and this dude not only completed his assignment in 2 hours, but also wrote a program that checks if an arbitrary sequence of moves is valid (doable in real life) for any number of balls up to 9999 balls. He posted the script for the rest of the class so they could check their logic.

Anonymous

Don’t feel so bad about things like that
        You’d be surprised by the number of kids even at mid-tier schools who come in having been programming since 10 because their dads worked at Microsoft, who come in with private tutoring in math/physics, etc.
        Literally, how do you expect to compete with someone who’s been programming for five years? Don’t, find something else to compete at

Anonymous

I’ve always been the smartest guy in my class (up to and including some undergrad math and compsci classes), but that’s probably more a reflection on the mediocre Australian educational institutions I’ve attended than my own merits.

Anonymous

Sometimes. I was usually 2nd or 3rd best. Until stat mech. I beat the guy who went to Harvard. Highest grade in the class. Average was a 30, I got a 98. Chang got a 94.

Anonymous

i think there were classes where it may have been the case. there were times when i thought someone else was smarter than me then i ended up having a better grade than them while not studying that hard. ofc they could’ve studied even less than i so i can’t be sure.

Anonymous

In community college I was. At UCSD I’m only like top 20%

Anonymous

In highs school I often was. At university, sometimes I was during core classes. In my major, usually I was in the top 10% but rarely was I ever the smartest.

Anonymous

At my highschool there were two freshmen taking calc 2

Anonymous

yes but tbf most of my classrooms were filled with actual idiots, so that’s that.

Anonymous

>Were you the smartest guy in your class?
      yes. I had quite a reputation actually. One guy at the bottom of the class who was struggling actually approached me once and complained to me that I was always setting the curve too high. Another time I was keeping my head down in the lab and two guys started talking about impressive my mental prowess was, unaware I was there. I got an A+ in most my classes.

Anonymous

I was once
      in history

Anonymous

I always am0XZWW

Anonymous

>show up to lab late and without doing prelab
      >still am the only one to finish during scheduled lab time
      >use my free time to jerk off for the third time that day
      I don’t know how low IQs don’t kill themselves, everything is so much harder for them. even in nonacademic areas, high IQ people are quicker learners and perform better in less time. i spend most of time time masturbating or playing vidya though so i’m wasting it all. unironically i fear the moderate IQ people who have passion and work ethic, they are going to outclass me.

Anonymous

No. I did the least amount of work and studied just enough to pass. only started liking math after starting calculus in college.

Anonymous

Yes, I came first in my cohort for my Bachelor’s and then decided not to do a Master’s, since I was offered a lot of money in fintech.

Anonymous

yes but it doesnt mean anything. i later learned that no one whos really smart stays in school

Anonymous

I was put in GT in elementary school and I’m convinced it was actually a program for autistic kids and they just told parents we were "gifted" to make us feel better.
      Because there is something seriously wrong with me and it’s definitely not being le smarter than everyone else.

Anonymous

>I was put in GT in elementary school and I’m convinced it was actually a program for autistic kids and they just told parents we were "gifted" to make us feel better.
        literally freaking me

Anonymous

I honestly believe I was the smartest student at my college campus. I went to a shitty second-rate state school because I was a lazy sack of shit in high school. My ACT was 10 points above the school average. It was half the homework of high school, I got a 4.0, huge recs from professors, and a comfy job right out of college. No regrets. Life works out.

Anonymous

[…]

>t. dumbest guy in class

Anonymous

>t. browses reddit while the teacher explains stuff and gives gold to strangers

Anonymous

>gives gold to strangers
          what?

Anonymous

4th in a cohort of 210, so I was the smartest in most of them.

Anonymous

Though I wasn’t actually that smart, I was just one of the only guys who could do really well in both maths/science and humanities so I had a much higher average than most

Anonymous

depending on how the humanities classes worked that does mean you’re smart though. real intelligence is broadly applicable and the vast majority of math/science coursework is purely deductive and very narrow and uncreative compared to what you might find in humanities and social sciences and what is required if you want to be truly great mathematician or scientist who defines their field.

Anonymous

I was in my own opinion, though it’s likely smarter students just didn’t try to even care. I don’t think I ever want to be the smartest guy in my class because it speaks to the lack of ability in my classmates and to be so isolated intellectually must be the loneliest feeling.

Anonymous

Yes 🙁

>to be so isolated intellectually must be the loneliest feeling.

Anonymous

I was the cunt that threw scissors across the room and called my teacher names and ripped up bibles and pretended I was smoking them. But then felt really bad after ripping pages out. I think mostly because I would go to hell for it until I realised hell probs does not exist if heaven does not exist.
      Then I found LULZ and it depressed me so much due to those rekt threads were always subconsciously reminding me of death

Anonymous

Probably. I dropped out of high school then went to college anyway and now I’m a software engineer making six figures while the "smartest" kids who pursued masters degrees are still working at gas stations or Starbucks 4 years after getting that degree kek

Anonymous

High school – probably or at least top 10. It was a big highschool

College – nope. I started to not showing up to classes but I still managed to pass a few without doing assignments because I’m good at bullpooping. I only did 1/3 papers for an English comp class and managed to get a C.

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id