Thoughts on Baptist Protestant Christianity?

Home Forums General & off-topic Thoughts on Baptist Protestant Christianity?

• This topic has 161 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 35 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Thoughts on Baptist Protestant Christianity?

Anonymous

Baptists are alright. That Spurgeon guy was pretty cool.
      t. presby

Anonymous

its ugly and full of crazy people. my family church hopped a lot so i was baptist for a while and knew a lot of baptist kids. they werent allowed to enjoy any media as kids because it was satanic/evolutionist. the adults were very elitist and looked down on anyone who wasnt baptist, i remember the day care lady slapped me when i made the sign of the cross after praying (my family was lutheran before). eventually my family just stopped going to church.

when i got older and became interested in Christianity again i did a lot of research into various denominations, baptist theology is pretty batshit and their churches mostly devolve into small town cults where the Preacher is God. ironic because they believe "everyone is a preist" but god forbid you question the Preacher. other than the prescher the church is run by a bunch of old hens that try to dictate how everyone raises their children.

Anonymous

Woke af Baptists trying to keep the children from being polluted by Babylon and paganism.

Anonymous

yeah but they freaking love israel

Anonymous

Shit theology but at least they’re socially conservative.

Dirk

Beautiful theology and gospel centered history
      Truly reformed ecclesiology

centerforbaptistrenewal.com/

Anonymous

Then do so many of them tend to believe in wacky schizo shit?

Anonymous

They are cool but Orthodox is probably more right.

Pseudo-Pseudo Dionysius

Agreed

[…]

I’m fairly certain prots don’t believe in the immortality of the soul. That’s an origenist doctrine.

Anonymous

Not as long as they pray to Mary and alleged saints, gatekeep the Lord’s Supper and turn it into pagan ritual, push the "ever virgin" lies, have "priests" called "Father", bond deeply with government, on and on and on. No.

Anonymous

[…]

JW heretic pls go

Pseudo-Pseudo Dionysius

[…]

Heresy according to who?

Anonymous

>jw predict world will end in 1914
      >jw predict resurrection would happen in 1925
      >jw predict armageddon in 1975

Anonymous

Question, you agree Moses was a prophet right ?

Anonymous

No he’s a scrote. Just like you.

Anonymous

Say yes pls

Anonymous

fuck off

Dirk

JW poster doesn’t discuss. He asks leading questions and copy pastes from his cult literature. It is a waste of time.

It literally took me 10 hours to get him to admit JW christology has no known precedent.

Anonymous

Not as annoying as the other protestants. Still wrong of course but inoffensive. At least the black church ones are rather nice.

Anonymous

Pseudo-Pseudo Dionysius/Dirk, you yzve to opportunity to prove me wrong

Please humiliate me with your arguments

Show me hell or the trinity is in the bible please

Dirk

The trinity is defined as the view that God is three persons and there is one God. Those persons are father, son, and holy ghost.

The fact that the bible teaches one God is explicit in the shema.
        Each of these cited verses prove each person is God.
        Ergo, trinity.

The burden of proof is now on you to demonstrate that none of these verses indicate the person cited is God. Use the ASV which we can agree is trustworthy.

Anonymous

Name one verse that proves Jesus is God

Dirk has an entire thread about how you skated around how no one believed that Michael was Jesus until the 19th century. https://archived.moe/his/thread/11836181/#11838953

You have skated around the issue of the atonement multiple times because your theology is unable to differentiate between Jesus Christ and animals sacrifices.
          https://archived.moe/his/thread/11931795#p11933069
          Furthermore, you were proven wrong that the Trinity doesn’t appear in Dialogue with Trypho.
          https://archived.moe/his/thread/11933446/#11933680
          In fact, you are seemingly unaware of what Trinitarians believe at all.
          […]
          How can we argue with you if you don’t understand and don’t want to understand our position?

>you skated around how no one believed that Michael was Jesus until the 19th century

The Bible writers believed it

>You have skated around the issue of the atonement multiple times because your theology is unable to differentiate between Jesus Christ and animals sacrifices.

What do you mean ? They’re different

>Furthermore, you were proven wrong that the Trinity doesn’t appear in Dialogue with Trypho

It doesn’t, Trypho says the son is different from the father

>In fact, you are seemingly unaware of what Trinitarians believe at all.

They believe the son, the father and the holy spirit are one

Dirk

I gave you a table

Anonymous

I’m not going to spend my time on each of them, so please give me just one

>The Bible writers believed it
              You believe the Bible writers believed it. The first attestation to this is the 1800s. No one else believed what you believed.
              >What do you mean? They’re different?
              You have no substantive explanation for this, at all. You just say, "they’re different" and pretend like that solves things.
              >Trypho says the son is different from the father
              Trinitarians say the Son is different from the Father. I told you this, that it is in the Creed, and your only reply was that the Creed also says that Jesus is God. You don’t understand what Trinitarians mean when they say God is one; you impose your own definition. Hopefully you are simply ignorant, in which case you should stop talking about it, because if you are unwilling to learn what Trinitarians actually think you are misleading people away from God.

>The first attestation to this is the 1800s

No it’s in the Bible

>You have no substantive explanation for this, at all. You just say, "they’re different" and pretend like that solves things.

I don’t get your question

>Trinitarians say the Son is different from the Father. I told you this, that it is in the Creed, and your only reply was that the Creed also says that Jesus is God. You don’t understand what Trinitarians mean when they say God is one; you impose your own definition. Hopefully you are simply ignorant, in which case you should stop talking about it, because if you are unwilling to learn what Trinitarians actually think you are misleading people away from God.

Jesus and God are two different people. That’s quite a simple concept to understand, I think. Aren’t you and your father are different people ? Same with Jesus and his father

Dirk

Every one of them proves trinitarianism. The burden of proof is on you to disprove every one.

Anonymous

Ok, give me one verse at a time then

Dirk

You can read

Anonymous

What verse do you want to deal with first ?

Dirk

I do not care
                        You’re trying to get the last word so you don’t have to follow through. You’re avoiding the issue.

I’ve already predicted exactly how this would play out, you don’t discuss but instead ask leading questions then paste from your cult literature

Pseudo-Pseudo Dionysius

>No it’s in the Bible
                If it were the plain reading of the text, why did no one believe until the 1800s?
                >I don’t get your question
                My question is what is substantively different about Jesus’s atonement vs animal atonement if both are not adopting our natures? It seems like your Christological position has no ability to distinguish between these two, which is why you should adopt Orthodox Christology, which has an explanation.
                >Jesus and God are two different people
                All Orthodox Trinitarians believe there are three hypostasis in the Godhead. The thing is that you don’t understand what Trinitarians mean when they say that Jesus is God or that God is one. You impose your own definitions on us and then strawman our positions. That’s the problem.

Anonymous

>why did no one believe until the 1800s?

How do you know that ? I don’t think there are any 2nd or 3rd century writings discussing Michael

>My question is what is substantively different about Jesus’s atonement vs animal atonement if both are not adopting our natures?

Jesus was a perfect man, he could cover the sins of all imperfect humans

Animals couldn’t do that

>All Orthodox Trinitarians believe there are three hypostasis in the Godhead

Ok ? I only believe the bible

I do not care
                  You’re trying to get the last word so you don’t have to follow through. You’re avoiding the issue.

I’ve already predicted exactly how this would play out, you don’t discuss but instead ask leading questions then paste from your cult literature

Are you saying the jw literature is wrong ?

Pseudo-Pseudo Dionysius

>How do you know that ?
                    Because we have no writings on this, you have not provided any.
                    >Jesus was a perfect man, he could cover the sins of all imperfect humans. Animals couldn’t do that
                    You don’t believe Jesus took on our human flesh. Why do Jesus was able to do what animals were not able to if taking on our flesh doesn’t matter? You just say things like, "he could" and, "animals can’t" but this isn’t substantive. This is merely you restating your own beliefs.
                    >Ok ? I only believe the bible
                    This is why people say you debate in bad faith. This is just moving the goal posts. I proved that you don’t understand the Trinity, and you reply with a non-sequitur.

Anonymous

>Because we have no writings on this, you have not provided any.

So you don’t know what early christians believed

I know since it’s in the bible

>You don’t believe Jesus took on our human flesh

I do though

>Why do Jesus was able to do what animals were not able to if taking on our flesh doesn’t matter?

Because he was a perfect man

>You just say things like, "he could" and, "animals can’t" but this isn’t substantive. This is merely you restating your own beliefs.

The life of an animal isn’t equal to that of a human

>This is why people say you debate in bad faith. This is just moving the goal posts. I proved that you don’t understand the Trinity, and you reply with a non-sequitur.

What did you want me to respond ?

Dirk

Stop taking the bait
                      Make him stay on one issue. Every time you answer a bait question he sees an opportunity to ask another bait question or give some pithy comment

Dirk

I presented an argument for the trinity an HOUR ago and you have refused to even attempt to respond
                    I’m not entertaining any questions from you unless you first admit you cannot refute my proof for the trinity from the bible

Pseudo-Pseudo Dionysius

>The Bible writers believed it
            You believe the Bible writers believed it. The first attestation to this is the 1800s. No one else believed what you believed.
            >What do you mean? They’re different?
            You have no substantive explanation for this, at all. You just say, "they’re different" and pretend like that solves things.
            >Trypho says the son is different from the father
            Trinitarians say the Son is different from the Father. I told you this, that it is in the Creed, and your only reply was that the Creed also says that Jesus is God. You don’t understand what Trinitarians mean when they say God is one; you impose your own definition. Hopefully you are simply ignorant, in which case you should stop talking about it, because if you are unwilling to learn what Trinitarians actually think you are misleading people away from God.

Anonymous

You have 20 seconds to show me hell and the trinity are in the bible before I go to bed

Anonymous

What kind? It’s such a broad umbrella and they don’t play well with each other? Dutch Reformed? Reformed? First Baptist? Southern Baptist? Non-denoms (funded by Southern Baptists)? Free Will Baptist? Primitive Baptist? Independent Baptists? Fellowship Baptists? Central Baptists? Missionary Baptists? United Baptists? Old Regular Baptists? To just say "Baptist" is a misnomer.

Anonymous

a lot of black people
      they claim to speak to snakes
      they are usually very poor

Dirk

To recap: JW poster demanded proof of the trinity
      Proof was shared
      He avoided talking about it then entirely abandoned the discussion

Anonymous

Full disclosure, not a Christian (I’d describe myself as a theistic leaning agnostic); but I grew up in a Baptist family, so Baptists as a whole are okay in my view. Plus Protestantism makes more sense to me than Catholicism or Orthodox when it comes to Christianity.
      It’s beyond me why Evangelicals (especially Baptists in the South) have such a fixation on Israel however. Plus the circumcision thing: it’s prevalent in the South and it’s nuts to me that a lot of Baptist parents have their kids circumcised like they’re gnomish.
      I also think that the more fundamentalist, Biblically literalist ones that think Earth is only 6,000 years old and we lived with dinos are sorta nuts, but not all Baptists are like that.

Anonymous

I am not aware of any Protestant Baptists, they must be somewhere else in the country if they exist.

I am only aware of Baptist denomination, which is not completely unified, neither are any denomination completely in agreement that the Bible is God’s Word and authority.

I grew up with baptists and saw other baptist churches didn’t all believe the same things. I saw Roman Catholic Churches were satanic and accusing all other churches as being not real churches. They said other churches don;t make the sign of the cross before they enter, so it isn’t a real church. Roman Catholics aren’t even Christian, they are Satan which is why they accuse the real churches thinking it helps God to attack God’s people. Just like ancient times in Israel. Caleb and Joshua and all them said that they would run the non-Israelies off the sidewalks if they were on the same path, boldly threatening violence if they were trying their satanic bullshit. When Caleb had children and all died of old age, the Lord said Israel became harassed and persecuted because they didn’t know to threaten the enemy in boldness. So the enemy slandered Israel and taught them to worship false gods. The sin was not in being weak but was in that they decided to stay in their sins once the Lors got them off of them. So the Lord decided to let them be devoured by their own sins.

We will destroy the enemy utterly. God is going to do it for us.

The only thing baptists I grew up around ever did wrong was die and let enemies take over leadership instead of have new baptists take over. Otherwise in their leadership they kept the same leadership as the apostles themselves. They can be brutish or sin and think theirselves are more important than they are, but there is a pastor character in Half-Life 2 that leads players through a headcrab zombie city of Ravenholme and baptists can be a little like him. Just not as Orthodox Catholic and Russian. Most baptists would have left to the country by now

Anonymous

>muh trail of blood
        >muh anderson
        >muh kjv

Anonymous

No, I don’t know who Anderson is.

The other two items here are biblical and given by God Himself.

Anonymous

>some meme book about baptists was given by God himself
            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trail_of_Blood

Anonymous

No, we don’t need the book itself, but it is like the world book of history that has all the biblical lineages of Adam to modern day. The Bible talks about the blood of the righteous. Which is an actual blood trail, the baptist trail of blood is just a modern day extension of this using the same concept.

Getting weird responses from New World Order people though after my comment. Probably salivating over the thought of infiltrating the Baptist church denomination even though it already has some.

Anonymous

Oh, I see where Jack Chick got his pseudo-history from now, thanks.

Anonymous

OMG this & BLESSED & CHECKED 66 BOOKS OF THE HOLY BIBLE

Dirk

All baptists are protestant

Anonymous

Nope, you bought a scrotebrained lie from the devil. Caleb would either kill or maim you for saying Israel is not the nation of the true God. These days, we will run you over.

Anonymous

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you think "Baptist Catholics" exist? "Orthodox Baptists"?

Anonymous

Protestant means they are protesting the catholic church. The person you replied to here sounds like he is anabaptist which existed before catholics, They don’t have to be labeled by continuously having a chip on their shoulder about catholicism or something. They were the true church that followed Christ. Think Menonites, Amish, and many others even catholics can be in Christ, but the catholic authority has and always will be corrupt due to their hierarchy and worship of the priests.

http://baptisthistoryhomepage.com/larkin.clarence.history.baptists.html

Anonymous

Protestants protest other Protestants too. In the case of Baptists, they began when John Smyth was protesting the doctrines of the Church of England, which is Anglican Protestant.

Anonymous

The point that baptists are capable of protesting things they disagree with is really moot, though.

Anonymous

Nope Christ’s church existed before he even builded it upon a rock of offense. It exists outside of time with God and doesn’t need to have a date set for when the church began. Neither does Satan, but the church is above that of the angels, so the church is even older than the angels. As inheritors of Jesus’ blood, we are with God in Heaven.

Anonymous

Yes you are correct, and the Church you’re talking about is the holy Orthodox Catholic Church, established by Christ both in heaven and on earth. However the Baptist heresy is a result of English separatism, if you are a Baptist you are actually following Satan. Now please, repent of your heresy and come to Christ’s holy Orthodox Church.

Anonymous

Nope there is no name for it but Jesus Christ, who is the husband of the church. The name of the church is simply “where any two or more are gathered in My name” My name means Jesus. Nice try Satan.

Dirk

Anabaptists are protestant as well.
            This is an andersonite meme.

Protestant just means the tradition is on the reformed side of the reformation. You’re getting too fixed on the English etymology.

Have you read trail of blood? It was written at southwestern seminary. Do you think southwestern isn’t protestant?

Protestants protest other Protestants too. In the case of Baptists, they began when John Smyth was protesting the doctrines of the Church of England, which is Anglican Protestant.

You too
            The terms in reference to the English reformation are "independent" or "noncomformist" depending on context. English Baptists are a part of noncomformists.

Anonymous

Labeling everyone who isn’t catholic as protestant doesn’t jive with logic. If you can explain why that is important to you so much please tell. It just sounds like you have something to protest against a church that protested the catholic a long, long, long, time ago.

Dirk

Is that what I said?

Anonymous

Just think about it. why does it matter that people protested catholics corruption so long ago? Not to mention they were right about it. It’s time to just let that meme go. If you are in Christ then you are in Christ, how many priests were emboldened by the Church hierarchy to molest children, and then protected by the church to allow them to continue their sin as priests and bishops. People who were uplifted and respected within the community, yet they were worse than any satanist pedophile murderer on the streets? How will they continue to allow such practice to endure? It’s like they don’t have spiritual mirrors to see themselves, hidden in a shroud of self righteousness.

Dirk

I honestly have no idea what you’re on about

Anonymous

Think about it, are all protesters anti-catholic? (no) Are all baptists today protesting and continuously hateful towards catholics? (no)

By all means and by God’s will may all people be able to protest evil wherever they see it. Think outside your little box for just a second.

We should and forever maintain the ability to protest anything we disagree with in the public square. We are protesters, protestants are a thing of the past. Get over it.

Dirk

Is English your second language? You’re not making any sense

Anonymous

Haha, no English is my best language looks like you have to cope harder.

Anonymous

What stupid LARP is this?

Anonymous

JWposter is unironically the only poster on this board who can get Caths, Orthos, and Prots to agree on something; that something being memeing on JWposter.

Anonymous

I see his threads even get deleted these days, getting the jannies to react is almost miraculous in itself.

Anonymous

https://bannedpreaching.com/videos/FWBCLA/Only_One_Viewpoint_Is_Allowed.mp4
      Anyone want to let me know why there is a big sign behind Anderson that says WORKS? Did he get tired of a lazy congregation or what?

Anonymous

The Bible has things in it that bare record, with things humans can’t see too good to understand. It does this with dates, ages, and other kinds of numbers. So what people can do is come along and take what the Bible does well, which is record these things so that they are not lost, but then portray them in a picture or a photograph that humans can understand by looking at these numbers now portrayed in understandable data. Which is what the trail of blood can be shown by, as it is completed to show all the slain and persecuted groups since even Abel perhaps that were not slain by God’s wrath but by enemies of God.

Anonymous

Aka this is helpful, but doesn’t mean baptists came up with it. That would be like saying Abel came up with it himself. I think it is just more like a forensic thing that says Jesus’ blood is what forgives sins , not Abel’s, or slain saints of God these days or any of the thousands of years after Christ’s death, but that if anyone rejects Christ’s blood on the cross then they also reject all the righteous blood of the slain and they accept the guilty consequence and sentencing of the judge who seeth the forensic data of the blood.

Anonymous

In other words, “us don’t want to be found guilty of rejecting the blood. It is not good news.

Anonymous

I’m a Baptist, my church practices foot washing. I like it.

Anonymous

Sounds dumb. If you too old to get a bathtub or regenerate then you need to just go to the next life. Let the dead bathe the dead, like Jesus said let the dead bury the dead.

Anonymous

Jesus literally did a foot washing with the 12.

Anonymous

Yes and I’m not trying to compete with Jesus’ servantship to get to Heaven by believing that will actually bring the kingdom of God here. Neither do I believe Heaven is a foot washing kingdom. Ever seen Jesus’ throne as at least in your own imagination and what kind of powers it has to give immortality to those around it? They started out baptizing and washing feet, but when Heaven gets here they are going to have greater powers because He goes to His Father.

Anonymous

Woke af, the Methodist church I grew up in did that sometimes.

Anonymous

I used to not mind when I did things for fun also, and then I watched Dragon Ball Z, and then they said it was my generation’s thing to be zoomers. Which was a lie. Goku had the Alien Regeneration Pods in which they could resurrect from the dead nearly. They also showed Goku go to Heaven and actually be stronger than God and angels and stuff, he would pretend to be respectful but then they would make sexual jokes in Heaven.

Anonymous

My mom went to a Primitive Baptist church where they did that for a while.

Anonymous

I wonder what it was like being made obsolete by footsoap?

Anonymous

Humility and mutual servitude are far from obsolete.

Anonymous

I am so glad that we can agree that you don’t have to wash someone’s sissy feet for that. Amen sis.

Anonymous

>" For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you." John 13:15
                Exactly, Christ was only giving one "example" of how to humbly serve others – we are to do our own individual acts of humility and service in real life, not just copy-cat this feet-washing like it was some sort of ritual.

Anonymous
                    Anonymous

>wash my stinky feet reeeeee

Anonymous

you’re doing great in the humility department yeah

Anonymous

I just wouldn’t want to touch some old persons feet no thanks

Anonymous

Christ was allowing Mary (the other Mary) to wash His feet with expensive oils. The key takeaway I got out of that is money is nothing compared to serving Jesus. This was not a commandment that we wash each other’s feet. you can certainly do that if you wish.

St Paul reiterated how we ought to perform the communion service, but never mentioned anything about "feet washing" because that was never supposed to be adopted as a ritual. Instead, St Paul wrote this:
                    >" Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted. Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ." Galatians 6:1-2
                    That’s what it’s about. Now wash your own feet and stop being goofy.

Anonymous

>Paul > Jesus

Anonymous

Not him, but he said stop being goofy. What he meant was stop beguiling of the saints into false humility of your own making from evil fruit. You saw the word Baptist and decided to grow evil fruit and tell people they have to Baptist feet in order to be saved.

>Colossians 2:14-19 14Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross; 15And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

>16Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: 17Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ. 18Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind, 19And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

Anonymous

>Minimum requirements for salvation is all that really matters, no need to actually follow Jesus to one’s fullest ability

Anonymous

Yes actually, the smallest requirementee is called a child, and they are greatest in Heaven since they don[t have to think about how to do anything the hard way.

>1 Corinthians 13:1 NASB If I speak with the tongues of mankind and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

Anonymous

When Luke Skywalker called out to his dad for help, the movie did not even have to reveal that Luke was using the force to pray to God for help to defeat the evil emperor. It was too over the writing’s head, and over the head of the Star Wars Chinese corporate feminist eastern mystic agenda. That was because it was ‘t the force that Luke used but he didn’t use the force and instead said his prayers to God and the only way that works of if someone pleads the blood of Jesus. That is why the emperor went up as smoke in a chimney.
                        Hosea 13:2-3 kjv 2And now they sin more and more, and have made them molten images of their silver, and idols according to their own understanding, all of it the work of the craftsmen: they say of them, Let the men that sacrifice kiss the calves. 3Therefore they shall be as the morning cloud, and as the early dew that passeth away, as the chaff that is driven with the whirlwind out of the floor, and as the smoke out of the chimney.

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

What kind of answer is this? Nasb’s version of 1 Corinthians 13:1 just changes charity to love, and sounding brass to noisy gong, and tinkling cymbal to clanging cymbal. It is a good translation but I know what the KJV says. How about stop using LULZ for your own amusement, this is a place for sharing.

Anonymous

St Paul and Jesus are in agreement, so don’t try to make them disagree just so you can swap foot fungus with the people at your "church."

Anonymous

Christ was allowing Mary (the other Mary) to wash His feet with expensive oils. The key takeaway I got out of that is money is nothing compared to serving Jesus. This was not a commandment that we wash each other’s feet. you can certainly do that if you wish.

Anonymous
                      Anonymous

>https://biblehub.com/kjv/john/13.htm
                      And the key take away from that is no matter how much you wash someone’s feet they can still be unclean.

Anonymous

>cleaning the other person was the goal and point of the exercise
                        Wrong, and the fact that Judas was allowed to participate and had even his feet washed points to ever deeper aspects. He was also allowed to participate in the Lord’s Supper, which Catholics and Orthodox gate keep.

Anonymous

Baptist is the true White man’s religion.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

>The saints should wash feet, like little girls should worship the queen of England, and not the queen of England serve her people.
      Countless such cases of the queen being mean to little girls.

Anonymous

It’s full of people who go to church for 1 hour a week and then live the rest of the time a completely secular existence other than the occasional anti-intellectual stupidity statement about evolution.

Anonymous

>this is any different for any "denomination"

Anonymous

I stopped being Christian years ago but none of my family knows because I can still speak the language and go through the motions of the church when I come to visit. That should say a lot about what it’s really interested in.

Anonymous

>sola scriptura
      At least they tend to be conservative in their politics, though.

Dirk

still waiting

Anonymous

Pretty sure JW just made some cringe thread about the trinity that got no responses.

Anonymous

Me too

Pick a verse

Dirk

Start wherever you want

Anonymous

Sure

Pick a verse

Dirk

Why haven’t you? Its been 23 hours since I gave you my argument that YOU asked for

The trinity is defined as the view that God is three persons and there is one God. Those persons are father, son, and holy ghost.

The fact that the bible teaches one God is explicit in the shema.
              Each of these cited verses prove each person is God.
              Ergo, trinity.

The burden of proof is now on you to demonstrate that none of these verses indicate the person cited is God. Use the ASV which we can agree is trustworthy.

I’ve repeatedly invited you to approach it from wherever you want

Before any of this happened I predicted exactly what you would do, avoid discussion and ask leading questions

Anonymous

I asked one verse at a time

Give me the verse ! (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡━

Dirk

I will not meet your arbitrary demands
                  You asked for proof of the trinity and I provided it

You can criticize the proof beginning anywhere. I recommend the row that reads "is called God"

Acting faux upset is not cute and it’s not having your desired effect of looking less like an ass. You have no credibility here and you actively make people dislike the JW religion I hope you know.

Anonymous

Not them but please shut the fuck up pooping up threads, scrote:

>Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost

Anonymous

They make *theists seethe because their parents tried to guide them into being normal human beings. Now they’re shitposting on LULZ while waiting for their boomer parents to die

Anonymous

They should simply begome gadolig. However, I do thoroughly enjoy Spurgeon and a few others even if I disagree with some of their specific theology.

Anonymous

>Protestant Christianity
      Not actual christianity, but satanic moloch worship

Anonymous

> I recommend the row that reads "is called God

John 1:1
      The Authentic New Testament
      “In the beginning was the Word. And the Word was with God. So the Word was divine.”

It doesn’t call Jesus God, it calls him divine. There’s no article in the koine.

John 1:14
      Berean Literal Bible
      "And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us. And we beheld His glory, a glory as of an only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."

Nowhere does it say anything about Jesus being God though ? It simply says he became flesh and came from the Father

John 1:18
      "Young’s Literal Translation
      God no one hath ever seen; the only begotten Son, who is on the bosom of the Father — he did declare"

Ok ? What am I seeing here ?

Colossians 2:9
      "English Standard Version
      For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,"

Yes Jesus is a deity, he came from heaven. I could have lost the argument if he was called Almighty God but it’s not the case

Hebrews 1:8
      New American Standard Bible
      "But regarding the Son He says, “YOUR THRONE, GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE SCEPTER OF RIGHTEOUSNESS IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM."

This shows that Jesus’ throne, his office or authority as a sovereign, has its source in Jehovah !

Titus 2:13
      King James Bible
      "Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;"

this verse clearly differentiates between him and Christ Jesus, the one through whom God provides salvation"

>you actively make people dislike the JW religion

Because I asked questions ? Interesting

Dirk

Don’t pick and choose translations. Use the ASV like I asked 24 hours ago.

Anonymous

>Use the ASV

Why ?

Dirk

Did you read my post with the table?

Anonymous

>Because I asked questions ? Interesting
        I’m sorry dude, but if you really think that is the only reason why you make jw look bad, and not the fact that you pullute perfectly fine threads with your drawings and poor arguments, then you are truly a dumb person.

Anonymous

protestantism is a fraud

Dirk

maybe JW poster was banned

Anonymous

Let us pray, amen.

Anonymous

I hope so.

Anonymous

It’s the truth

Viewing 35 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id