The universe is so big, you can keep zooming until the entire universe itself becomes smaller than an atom…

Home Forums Science & tech The universe is so big, you can keep zooming until the entire universe itself becomes smaller than an atom…

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

The universe is so infinite, you could keep zooming out until the entire universe itself becomes smaller than an atom. Then you continue to zoom out even more and essentially it ceases to exist at all.

Shit’s trippy when you think about it.

Anonymous

wait till you realize there’s species with mankind’s level of intelligence living on motes of dust floating around in your room

Anonymous

What if our universe is the mote of dust to some higher form of intelligence? And theirs is the mote to another, ad infinitum?

Anonymous

It’s all turtles

Anonymous

>t. Horton

Anonymous

Tim Hortons?

Anonymous

This shits just a concept thrown to stoners to keep them tripped out.

Anonymous

It’s got to be truth, though, right? I mean, there’s got to be only a finite amount of matter in the universe, so it’s only logical that you can zoom out to the point where literally nothing can be seen.

Anonymous

>zoom out
          This aint google street map you douche

Anonymous

i have a fish
          i eat half and pass it on with the instruction to do the same

Anonymous

Why is there only a finite amount of matter in the universe? The pre-bang singularity was infinitely dense, so it could have had an infinite amount of matter and energy.

Anonymous

>The pre-bang singularity was infinitely dense

Prove it.

Anonymous

Is this what passes for science now? If you infinite density, then you have infinite gravity. Ergo, it would be impossible for the Big Bang to happen.

Anonymous

Kinda makes the parallel universe/multiverse theory attractive. The idea there’s countless versions of me out there each at different points in life seems really cool to me.

Anonymous

You are also looking back in time when you look out that

Anonymous

you can’t zoom out faster than the expansion

Anonymous

Free your mind, anon. If the universe is expanding, then what is it expanded within? it can’t be nothingness; it’s just empty space.

Void

That appears to be exactly correct.

Anonymous

Or, though expansion is happening, every point in the universe may be similar in that there’s matter on every side – i.e. there’s no edge. So the entire universe is expanding, but it’s not expanding into nothing or empty space, but the infinite universe is just getting more infinite. Otherwise, where’s the edge?

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/gjwGoyF.gif

No, because that is not how it works.
            > if you went to the outside would you cease to exist, since there is supposedly no matter?
            No, you would become "the matter".
            The "edge" doesn’t exist.
            Imagine it like this. Imagine a literally infinite paper, and draw a dot on it. Now everything that exist, is that dot. Now draw another dot anywhere on that paper. Now that dot became the "edge". Now move that dot one meter further. The "edge" just moved further away.
            Now move it again one meter. The "edge" just moved with it. You are the dot in this scenario. You will never find an invisible wall that you can go through to meet the edge, because there is none.

There is no edge.

Anonymous

>Shit’s trippy when you think about it.
      DUDE… Weed…

Anonymous

LEMME OFF THIS RIDE

Anonymous

https://i.4cdn.org/x/1632979638153.webm

THE GREAT FILTER IS THE FIRMAMENT BROS. SPACE IS A LIE. THEY HAVE TO INVENT PARADOXES UPON PARADOXES TO EXPLAIN THIS SHIT.
      I too until last month believed in all of this and the amount of ‘freak accidents’ it takes for us to get here.

Here’s NASA getting caught with their suspension wires on one of thier live feeds. You can clearly see the dude on the left pull the dude on the right by his wire. Left dudes looking at a mirror in front of them, you can tell by looking at his face. What reason do they give to have to fake space?

And if you’re gonna research this, please avoid google, there’s nothing else that gets censored as much as Flat Earth. It wouldn’t make sense for Nasa to give google the memo. Use duckduckgo. Also avoid the Flat earth society. They’re paid liars who work to ridicule Flat earth with turtles and such. They really covered all the angles.

Now to make it easy, heres a website that you can visit if you’re curious – flatearth101.com
      Read the top 10 proofs or the list of 200 proofs. I implore you my frens, spend just spend 5 minutes with an open mind.

Now if you do choose to go this route, researching further on youtube will be the next course of action. YouTube has such a tight lockdown on any flatearth material it’s ridiculous. You will probably encounter some professor Dave trying to debunk this like the most obnoxious and arrogant scrote there is. Pay no mind. The algorithm is designed to get people to stop any research. Look up Spacebusters, Globebusters, Flat earth banjo usa Japan, the Level documentry.
      I wish you all the best.

The earth is flat my bros

Anonymous

That is not possible. The universe is like the surface of a balloon (except in 3d instead of 2d), you can map out the surface of the balloon but you can’t go any further because there is nowhere else to go.

As the universe expands, the balloon expands and there is more space, but there is no void surrounding it as you might imagine pic related.

Anonymous

>As the universe expands
        into what exactly?

Anonymous

Exactly.

Anonymous

matter creates time and space just by existing.
          we can only think in terms of our phisical 3d world so its pretty hard to wrap ones mind around it. same with quantum theory

Anonymous

Just sat you don’t know. God, why is it so hard for "scientists" to admit?

Anonymous

im pretty sure that’s not how matter works man

Anonymous

it’s the other way around, time and space come first as abstract mathematical relationships in a computational graph, and what we call matter is simply the behavior for this model

Anonymous
      Anonymous

>Universe is infinite sis, dude weed >.<
      >If you zoom out you’d it becomes smaller than an atom, 420 kush :p
      Somehow, you can’t seem to see the contradiction.

Anonymous

The universe is infinite.
        What is contained within the universe (stars, planets, etc.) is not infinite.

And just because I used the word "trippy" doesn’t mean I’m on drugs. A freaking optical illusion can be trippy.

Anonymous

Christians literally believe that out of all those "infinite" stars, the only son of God happened to be born right over here, and we just missed him by 2000 years! Next to impossible.

Anonymous

Not even christian but god you are clueless

Anonymous

>t. Crypto-Christian
          Before you were born they used to believe the Earth was the center of the universe and the only place with life on it. They literally jailed Galileo for simply stating the Earth revolved around the sun.

Anonymous

If we found alien, and they all turn to be hostile, you should prepare to pray for a savior.

Anonymous

I’ll just shoot them with a gun instead.

Anonymous

Anon, it means more than that. It means your after life is also in the hand of chaos gods.

Anonymous

Then they get shot with my spirit gun while my true god destroys them.

Anonymous

The realm of death is not the domain of god, anon.

Anonymous

Everywhere is the domain of God.

Anonymous

You god is a rock, anon.

Anonymous

If that’s how they look then I’m not concerned.

Anonymous

>Next to impossible.
        Tell us more about evolution.

Anonymous

>Christians literally believe that
        Yep

Anonymous
      Anonymous

nope, you just zoom out into an atom inside another bigger universe and so on, the same if you go the other way around

Anonymous

This guy has NDS.

NASA Delusion Syndrome.

Anonymous

[…]

I know have more information about you just from the way you posted there. Good to know. I know where else to find you on the internet now.

Anonymous

None of you researched history, you researched what you want history to be. Seethe harder, LULZ is a bluepilled board.

Anonymous

I only seem like you. I just do what you guys do better. Keep it to yourselves.

Anonymous

[…]

Sky burials are a standout example, what is your point? the only place that practices it outside of Zoroastrianism is Tibet

Anonymous

[…]

Not your personal army. Red pill yourself but we all already know the answer to that. You’re just here to be contrarian and oppose any and all information. You just want it so you can come up with ways to combat the truth. It’s why people like you don’t deserve the kindness of others working for you. You simply don’t deserve it.

Anonymous

Shut the fuck up already, you’re not special. I’m going to bed.

Anonymous

>Going to bed
          Good to know

Anonymous

Anger before bed time breeds nightmares. Good stuff.

Anonymous

He never denied what he was. At least he was honest about that.

Anonymous

the astronomy reddit is actually why i finally snapped and quit using reddit like 8 years ago

every single freaking comment:
      >WOW LOOK AT AL THAT IT MAKES YOU FEEL SO SMALL IT MAKES YOU FEEL SMALL BECAUSE IT’S BIG
      >DID YOU KNOW THE UNIVERSE IS REALLY BIG LIKE REALLY SURPRISINGLY BIG LIKE REAL BIG! BIG!
      >IT JUST MAKES YOU FEEL SO SMALL AND INSIGNIFICANT

Literally nobody posting any kind of space news stuff, just a handful of people posting the same images over and freaking over again and saying the same shit in response to it.

Youtube is better if you like space news.

Anonymous

Even then, half of youtube are those types tripping on how small and insignificant they are while projecting it on everybody else. I’m sure the people who founded their countries are more significant than their romanticisms.

Anonymous

I just found a few that didn’t bother me and don’t read the comments.

I’m sure there is a channel with a guy behind a desk saying "so a galaxy was just formed and man it is a big fucker, like so big, it’s really big. BIG! really makes you think, like comment subscribe eat my ass"

Anonymous

lol

Anonymous

[…]

You are a scrotebrain.

Anonymous

It’s as infinite as an ant walking on a mobius strip. Space just loops back into itself and Time is just a rotation of a 4th spatial direction at every Planck length (hence the illusion aspect people try to explain). To move back in time you’d have to inversely rotate that plane. Look into quaternions, it’s one of the key aspects in understanding quantum particles interacting with spacetime

Sophon

exactly. 1/137
      life on earth is so small

Anonymous

Actually after a certain point there is no discernible direction

Just a blob that looks the same in every direction and extends into infinity

https://youtu.be/E8rel2-kLJA

Anonymous

God I hate the infinite ness of everything theory. If all that shit is correct, then out of all the millions of possible outcomes and realities, we had to live in the one where the garden gnomes unironically exist.

Anonymous

I know, right?

Anonymous

to be truly truthpilled u must realize that it literally doesnt matter

Anonymous

Some people ignored pain until it rotted them to the bones. Ignorance isn’t bliss.

Anonymous

Some people believe themselves clever but they don’t know

Anonymous

[…]

>You’re a freaking dunning-kruger, that’s the truth.
      Dunning-Kruger Effect encapsulates the entire dynamic illustrated in your image. You mean to say that anon is on "Mount Stupid" as people have taken to calling the "I know everything" point on your particular chart.

Anonymous

Well to be fair, every poster in this thread has been like that.

Anonymous

IF THE UNIVERSE IS INFINITE WHY AINT THE NIGHTSKY WHITE YOU freaking IMBECILE

Anonymous

[…]

actually a smart reply
      yes matter could have blocked the light, just wanted to see if anyone here has a brain :^)

Anonymous

It’s all fake lol.

Anonymous

What the fuck is it though

Anonymous

>193 replies
      >45 posters
      Go the fuck back to r*ddit you scrotes lel

Anonymous

[…]

There would be billions of planets in each galaxy and billions in the "Goldilocks" zones.

Anonymous

There is life out there beyond Earth. It’s simple:
      Intelligent life is more rare than normal life.
      Our existence probably required the existence of thousands, millions or even billions of other planets with life, from simple organisms to full-size dinosaurs.
      There is a freaking massive number of planets with life on them in the Universe.
      You can go one step further with this. It’s unlikely that there is only one planet with INTELLIGENT life on it (us). It’s way more likely that the total number of planets with life is not the exact number needed for precisely one planet with intelligence to be born.
      Is it possible to interact with alien civilizations? Or is the average distance between them (potentially only 1 intelligent race per 100 million galaxies) too far to allow even simple communication?

Anonymous

>There is a freaking massive number of planets with life on them in the Universe
        we have zero evidence for this for the time being

Anonymous

What if it loops around, and when you zoom out far enough you end up where you were?

Anonymous

>The universe is so infinite, you could keep zooming out until the entire universe itself becomes smaller than an atom.
      doesnt sound that infinite

Anonymous

The universe is the "reality" which houses all the matter. I should’ve said "you could keep zooming out until all the matter therein becomes smaller than an atom."

Anonymous

Does space end? How can we prove it doesn’t? Whats outside of it? What is this axis of evil? What’s outside of that? And also are their godlike species that can survive in space or travel throughout the universe, basically the only questions I have left

Anonymous

it isnt, the stars and galaxies we see are mostly dead or already moving further from us that we can never found them anymore

if the light projection doesnt stay, what we see might be just us alone, stranding in the void with everlasting light of civilization that can died out anytime

Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy7NzjCmUf0

The scale of the universe is truly difficult to comprehend. It’s actually kind of a relief in a way as it puts trivial bullshit in perspective.

Anonymous

Space is a lie, it is the firmament like the Bible says, and though it is big it is nowhere near being the light years and so forth that they say.

Anonymous

What is beyond the edge of our universe? Is it just a space buffer then another universe bubble? Or is it just one massive void of nothing, but what is that nothing?

Anonymous

>Zoom out until the universe is smaller than an atom.

Probably as small as an atom, maybe.. However small, or big that may be.. Also, it does not cease to exist at some point in zooming out since the multiverse is infinite in the amount of universes that’s in it. Once you zoom out to the point where our universe is as small as an atom, this is where the perception of the multiverse can start to be precieved as what seems like an infinite amount of universal stars, or atoms with neutrons, and electrons that’s somewhat similar to our universal start, but is totally different the more zoom in on each one. If you continue to zoom out, you’ll find it all just continues to repeat over and over again to no end. Thus, making all possibilities endless.

Anonymous

Hahaha Isn’t it crazy how they can take pictures of deep space but can’t zoom into earth and film someone driving upside down in Australia? Hahaha science is crazy haha

Anonymous

>every possible number combination exists in the number Pi
      if the universe is infinite in the same way that Pi is then every planet, galaxy and living being exists an infinite number of times

Anonymous

that’s a common misconception, but there’s nothing about pi that says every possible number combination exists within it, and it’s extremely likely that this isn’t the case
        such is reality too, a fractal mathematical model with infinite novelty, where nothing exists an infinite number of times, there’s just endless variety forever

Anonymous

Numbers nor shapes are not real. If you zoom enough, a circle will be a mess of shit, with no shape.
        Take a triangle, how can you make one?
        Take three atoms and put them in every "point"?
        That’s not a triangle. These are just abstract things we came up with. You know, how we see patterns?

Anonymous

>you could keep zooming out until the entire universe itself becomes smaller than an atom.

That’s not how it works. By zooming out, the thing you are zooming out from doesn’t get smaller, you just get further away.
      What you are saying doesn’t make sense.

Anonymous

I was thinking about space awhile ago specifically the edge of it here is what I was thinking about. if you made it to the edge of space (theoretically) would you be able to grab onto the edge? if you went to the outside would you cease to exist, since there is supposedly no matter? would you be able to contain the anti-matter?

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/gjwGoyF.gif

No, because that is not how it works.
        > if you went to the outside would you cease to exist, since there is supposedly no matter?
        No, you would become "the matter".
        The "edge" doesn’t exist.
        Imagine it like this. Imagine a literally infinite paper, and draw a dot on it. Now everything that exist, is that dot. Now draw another dot anywhere on that paper. Now that dot became the "edge". Now move that dot one meter further. The "edge" just moved further away.
        Now move it again one meter. The "edge" just moved with it. You are the dot in this scenario. You will never find an invisible wall that you can go through to meet the edge, because there is none.

Viewing 48 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.