The spread of misinformation will be the downfall of civilization. Hear me out.

Home Forums General & Off-topic The spread of misinformation will be the downfall of civilization. Hear me out.

Viewing 44 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

The spread of misinformation will be the downfall of civilization, why shouldn’t the Internet become heavily regulated and censored by AI agents?

The pace of data that moves through cyberspace is increasing at an exponential rate and the average person cannot tell the difference from what is real or fake. At some point if not already humans are creating their own ecosystems online where the realities of their world is completely different, this division in thinking is only going increase over time.

Anonymous

>why shouldn’t the Internet become heavily regulated by my owners and programmers
      No.

Anonymous

>the average person cannot tell the difference from what is real or fake
        not my problem
        >why shouldn’t the Internet become heavily regulated and censored by AI agents?
        have a nice day

but would it not be better for the survival of the human race if we were all programmed to think the same way, I can’t think of another way our society as it is going now to not collapse in on its self in like 20 years.

disclaimer; I am not for this just want to have a discussion about it

Anonymous

>would it not be better for the survival of the human race if we were all programmed to think the same way
          Sure. Call me back when you’ve figured the objectively right way to think, and then maybe we can figure out how to execute your owners and programmers, take over the information-industrial complex and install our benign informational dictatorship.

Anonymous

It is pretty much confirmed the average human is an npc that can be easily programmed to think a certain way, what I am calling dangerous is the un-regulated movement of data on the Internet that can so easily influence people into certain dangerous actions, for example;
            >the violent blm riots of 2020
            >mistrust in science(vaccine hesitancy)
            >the resurgence of schizo conspiracies like flat earth and ufo’s

Anonymous

Science is PREDICATED on mistrust.
              If you trust science or call science settled, you are everything that’s wrong with the world today.

Anonymous

No, the earth is not flat. This is settled.

Anonymous

and the powers that be can regulate the flow of data to start wars and probably would. you can’t trust any person or institution with that kind of power. the regulation you propose is far more dangerous than any set of ideas.

Anonymous

Of course you can trust them, we always have. Are you retarded?

Anonymous

you blindly trust authority? idk if retarded or trolling.

Anonymous

t. Grew up on South Park but forgot to question them

Anonymous

>the average human is an npc
              >muh mistrust in the experts!
              >muh conspiracy theorists!
              >muh schizos!!
              Every time. The desire for an information dictatorship consistently comes from believers in the popular status quo.

Anonymous

>the violent blm riots of 2020
              Instigated by the clique you wish to empower further.

>mistrust in science(vaccine hesitancy)
              Vaxcattle; opinion discarded.

Has no impact on anything.

Anonymous

>blm riots
              That shit was going to happen with or without the internet. Treat people like animals and they will act like them when pushed.
              >mistrust in science
              Always there, remember when the catholic church condemn Galileo? Remember when people rejected procedures to make air and water cleaner?
              That’s less resurgence and more consolidation of the tiny minorities of schitzos throughout the world forming a collective bigger minority thats too annoying to ignore.

The main issue with the internet is that the average human doesn’t care enough to understand the ecosystem they occupy. All the information is there to explain how bots, ads, news sources work. But the majority ignore it because they rather talk to their friends than understand the ecosystem.

Anonymous

>(vaccine hesitancy)
              Yep, called it as soon as I saw the thread

Anonymous

>flat earth

This is a literal LULZ troll, and anyone who is not a newfag should be aware of that. Anyone talking about flat earth is either ironically trolling, or an establishment mouthpiece trying to strawman conspiracy theories.

Anonymous

>Anyone talking about flat earth is either ironically trolling,
                Bullshit.
                Here’s an example.

Anonymous

>it will be better if we were all programmed to think the same way

this is literally the meaning of the NPC meme, serious qustion are you fucking retarded?

what about collective education for skeptical thinking, instead of censoring anything that is misinformation in the opinion of someone?

for fuck sake read 1984 & brave new world, see what this kind of statements can lead us

Anonymous

Thinking you’re some kind of hero for going against the grain is the cause of the current mess.

Anonymous

>people like you are the reason for our current mess.
              no, its people like you…

Anonymous

>Durr nothing is real nothing can be proven do your own research be your own expert come to your own conclusions… When you have no idea what you’re talking about
                Authority exists for a reason.

Anonymous

yes to subjugate. hence why it must be resisted.

Anonymous

No, to lead. Humans must be led, it’s our natural condition.

Anonymous

>Humans must be led, it’s our natural condition.
                      You and your likes need to be systematically killed. Problem solved.

Anonymous

>Wants to kill for an ideology
                        >calls other people NPCs
                        You’re a slave to something you read in the internet.

Anonymous

>i need to be led!
                        >i need my owners and programmers to tell me what is right!
                        No, you simply need to be shot in the back of the head so that real people can live freely.

Anonymous

How would you have typed this if someone else didn’t lead you in learning the alphabet? You have to grow up and realise that you can’t survive on your own. No man is an island.

Anonymous

The irony of the posters who keep posting the npc wojak meme is that they can only think in binaries.

Anonymous

>if it’s okay to teach someone the alphabet, why is it bad to brainwash everybody?
                        Yeah, alright. Be sure to express these opinions in real life so that others know who you are.

Anonymous

>Government authorities are brainwashing people
                        Don’t wear a seatbelt in a car lol

Anonymous

people should be free to choose to wear a seatbelt.

Anonymous

And they should be free to not have the right to seek damages when they get struck.

Anonymous

from the insurance they paid for? that’s a breach of contract.

Anonymous

And it’s breach of trust that they didn’t practice all forms of appropriate safety and abbiding to law before hand. You still want insurance that pays out? Enjoy higher premiums.

Anonymous

well all of that is predicated on the details in the contract. if the contract specified seat belt wearing then their claims would be null and void if they didn’t. just like your point is null and void.

Anonymous

>government authorities are NOT brainwashing people!!
                        Just how deep is your mental illness?

Anonymous

mental illness is the expected outcome of the brain on government.

Anonymous

>learning the alphabet
                        people can learn this without state intervention, this is an essential tool to access information, they even destroy the learning process by forcing you to read fast without understand what you are reading.

>Government authorities are brainwashing people
                        Don’t wear a seatbelt in a car lol

>seatbelt
                        when i see this i know you are already loose the argument completely, this analogy doesn’t mean shit, there is a difference when you make a decision based on logic like dont burn yourself because you will die, and your authority say the same, surprise surprise…

Anonymous

Authorities made the seatbelts a thing.

Anonymous

no, people getting killed made this a thing

Anonymous

>appeal to nature
                      one of the worst aspects of human psyche is this master/slave mentality.

Hope you enjoy living in a box and never interacting with anyone ever again. In any human relation subjugation will occur at some point.

that is my ultimate goal actually. take all the creature comforts from society and live away from it.

Anonymous

Sounds like you aren’t actually human

Anonymous

if human means being some subjugated cattle or subjugating tyrant than no i’m proudly not human.

Anonymous

Hope you enjoy living in a box and never interacting with anyone ever again. In any human relation subjugation will occur at some point.

Anonymous

what makes authority the god of truth?

Anonymous

It doesn’t, but without it humans won’t accomplish anything.

Anonymous

wrong. authority gimped china’s development. see the needham question for details. development only happens when people deviate from the status quo.

Anonymous

There is no society on earth that doesn’t have an authority

Anonymous

doesn’t mean there cannot be a society without authority. also perhaps society should just be temporary to get to a technological point where it is obsolete.

Anonymous

the church was the administrative apparatus that hanged people who claimed the world was round, there was no difference between you and them

Anonymous

>brave new world
            But that’s where we’re headed anyway?

Anonymous

not without a brutal fight, but generally yes.
              people like OP let this shit happen because they think its ok to destroy the individual for the sake of the "common good", literal moron

Anonymous

A dissenting opinion is necessary in any developed society. Despite the fact that as society becomes more complex, more and more knowledge is taken for granted, one can not force any view of any kind, even if he is sure that they are correct. Times and times again visionaries and scientist have come up with truths that were rejected and silenced by the ruling class, who was as sure as one possibly can that they were right. And that isn’t even considering the fact that even when the dissenter is wrong, it doesn’t mean the public opinion is correct, and the truth is reached by different point of views coming together, or even when the dissenter is wrong, but his criticism of the popular opinion brings to light some problems in the methods of the currently held beliefs, or brings people to a deeper understanding of an issue.

Anonymous

Based.

Anonymous

not my problem
      have a nice day

Anonymous

So what? Give me real-world examples of it actually mattering.

Anonymous

Covid retard

Anonymous

any civilization so fragile that it collapses from the free exchange of any and all kinds of ideas true or untrue doesn’t deserve to survive.

Anonymous

>civilization doesn’t deserve to survive
        Agreed.

Anonymous

AI from big tech companies is the primary distributor of misinformation. They are literally paid to spread misinformation and you want to give them full control?

Over 60% of twitter traffic is bots, restricting the free democratic flow of information between the remaining 40% of humans is a very bad idea.

Anonymous

I am a freedomtard at heart but the coronavirus shit was the last straw for me. We need an end to anonymity and internet access hardware linked to your real name. See you guys spouting dumb shit for cheap keks then. Not even talking censorship, just responsibility for stuff you post.

At no point in history were you ever anonymous and theres no reason you should get to be now.

Anonymous

>I am a freedomtard at heart but the coronavirus shit was the last straw for me
        >you can’t just doubt Pfizer!!!!!
        >We need an end to anonymity and internet access hardware linked to your real name
        It’s always these people.

Anonymous

I did not say anything about forcing you to do anything or Pfizer.

It’s very telling that you are afraid to speak your mind unless no one can tell its you. It is the very definition of cowardice.

Anonymous

>it’s very telling that you don’t want to import China’s social credit system

Anonymous

>At no point in history were you ever anonymous and theres no reason you should get to be now.
        this is equivalent to saying "at no point in history we had medicine and there’s no reason to use it".

Anonymous

This post glows hard.

Anonymous

>at no point in history were you ever anonymous

Outside of your village nobody knew you and you could just create a new self. What are you talking about?

Anonymous

This entire thread developing into mass chaos only proves original posts point, humanity won’t last another 100 years lol.

Anonymous

humanity doesn’t deserve to survive if it crumbles from disagreement and needs tyranny to keep it going.

Anonymous

I agree that disinformation is an interesting problem today, and no one seems to really be working on solving it. But regulation, which your retarded ass is condoning, is the worst way to go.

The best way is to close your laptop and go for a walk.

Anonymous

OP has a point. If the AIs turn out to be superior to humans, they should naturally take over.

Anonymous

>you don’t want to be brainwashed by my precious oligarchy and become part of the nonhuman hivemind??
      >wow! YOU aren’t actually human!!
      They need to be killed. It’s a question of life and death. Keep track of which "people" express these opinions in real life for when the time comes to remove them.

Anonymous

Remember when these vile drones at least used to try hiding their true intentions? They used to do fancy mental gymnastics in order to explain why censoring things they don’t like, is compatible with free speech. After this whole corona fiasco, they feel so emboldened that they will tell you straight how there needs to be an authority that controls your thought process for your own good. We’ve reached a point where such opinions are mainstream and acceptable, and the soulless meatsacks spouting them are regarded as "nuanced". Hopefully something comes along and gives Western "societies" the long-deserved coup de grâce so that these "people" can be taken care of, without corporate thugs in uniforms interfering on their behalf.

Anonymous

Go back to your shithole where you are free from authority

Anonymous

>t. nonhuman
          Your life has no moral value.

Anonymous

There’s no such thing as morals, only law

Anonymous

>There’s no such thing as morals, only law
              you really love deep throating that boot.

Anonymous

There is no such thing as "law"; only corporate thugs whose authority is rapidly losing legitimacy in the eyes of the populace.

Anonymous

>There’s no such thing as morals, only law
                you really love deep throating that boot.

>Trying to make an argument out of a vague feeling of resentment towards authority amplified by platitudes he copies from the media he consumed

You don’t even know what you’re talking about, you have no coherent argument. All you can do is react with shitposts.

Anonymous

No one is trying to make any argument. It is clear that you are not human, that you cannot be reasoned with, and that sooner or later, physical removal will be necessary.

Anonymous

On whose authority?

Anonymous

The authority of a gun placed against the back of your head, which is the only authority that exists.

Anonymous

So that’s fine but when the government does it it’s bad?

Anonymous

Yes. Government officials and operatives aren’t human.

Anonymous

Of course they are. And an attempt to force people to live the way you want would just make you the authority. Just admit you’re a foreign power attempting to destabilize western civilization in favour of your own

Anonymous

>And an attempt to force people to live the way you want
                        Who said anything about forcing people to live the way I want? I just think they need to be encouraged to exercise their authority over government drones for a change.

Anonymous

You. You’re attempting to force your will on other people’s lives. Thus you aim to become an authority. Your entire outlook can be boiled down to basic behaviour observed in all apes. You simply seek to overthrow the other leader ape in favour of yourself. You want to be in charge. This has happened many times in 3rd world nations. It’s sad that you believe you’d be performing some kind of justice when all you’re doing is suppressing civilized behaviour

Anonymous

>You’re attempting to force your will on other people’s lives.
                        What people? Government drones aren’t people.

Anonymous

t. Countermovement drone

Anonymous

What beliefs characterize "countergovernment drones", besides their hatred for your owners and programmers?

Anonymous

None, you’re a drone, you don’t hold your own beliefs, only those of your own authority figures.

Anonymous

Who are my "authority figures"?

Anonymous

The people who influenced your thinking

Anonymous

Every intelligent thinker I’ve read or talked to has "influenced my thinking", and most of them have held widely divergent views. Either way, I can say what authority you answer to; what "authority" do I answer to?

Anonymous

The ones you just listed, retard.

Anonymous

perhaps it’s not fine for either to do it. but yet you ask for someone to be an authority putting a gun to our heads. so really you just debunked yourself.

Anonymous

lemme fix that so it describes you:
                  >Trying to make an argument out of a vague feeling of affection towards the authority that enslaved him amplified by platitudes he copies from the media he consumed

Anonymous

You don’t understand. If you live in human society, you must follow or live by some kind of authority. It’s literally impossible for a social animal to not live that way. You seem to have this romantic idea that you’re some kind of free spirit immune to information from outside sources. But the very fact that you’re arguing with me provea my point. You are attempting to be an authority on this matter as we speak.

Anonymous

so the only thing stopping you from going on a murderous rampage is the fact there is an authority? maybe don’t project your moral failings onto everyone else. just know people and other animals cooperate without some authority looming over them telling them what to do. this is without invoking the need to be a "free spirit immune to information from outside sources". btw if we’re going to talk about who is brainwashed here, that you projecting again. this society is riff with stockholm syndrome derived ideas about living for the "greater good" of society which you exude. there is very little in comparison to living truly freely for yourself.

Anonymous

You can’t co-operate without some form of authority. Even in a two person co-operation, one person will intrinsically take more leadership than the other. It’s hard wired into your brain.

Anonymous

wrong. there is mutual cooperation. you are again projecting your master/slave psyche onto everyone else. just because you fail at this doesn’t mean everyone else does.

Anonymous

Give me an example then

Anonymous

any project where there is no leader and decisions are agreed upon by consensus.

Anonymous

All projects have leaders be they formal or otherwise. To see the truth of this all you have to do is consider any interaction you had with another person

Anonymous

you are just making an unfounded assertion. i have been part of projects where there were no leaders and all decisions were made by consensus.

The same consensus we can easily influence with psychological tricks and ostracization?

things can fall apart. by it’s better to have a system where the basis is not that. authority functions through psychological tricks and ostracization. so if that’s what you’re worried about the last thing you want is authority.

Anonymous

>so if that’s what you’re worried about the last thing you want is authority
                        >builds a system to make decisions
                        >has no authority to enforce said decisions
                        Go on please, i used to believe the same shit when i was an anarchofag teenager years ago.

Anonymous

perhaps decisions shouldn’t have to be made enforced but appealing so that people make them. clearly your teenage anarchism was just about spiting daddy and no philosophical foundation beyond that.

Anonymous

>perhaps decisions shouldn’t have to be made enforced but appealing so that people make them
                        Lol and lmao.

Anonymous

Ok, i’ll make it appealing: "everyone who doesn’t do X thing is a chud".

Anonymous

works for people like you. you’re all about looking a certain way in the eyes of your authority and their cattle.

Anonymous

It works for a big portion of populatio,the rest will FOMO.

Anonymous

>taking the bait and getting dragged into babby’s first anarchomeme "debate"
                        You are doing his job for him making it look like people who value freedom of thought are idiots.

Anonymous

You have no freedom of thought. You don’t consciously decide what to think.

Anonymous

>le freedom of thought doesn’t exist!!
                        "People" who share your opinion might as well be a different species; there is no way you can peacefully co-exist in the same society with real people, and this fundamental problem will need to be physically addressed.

Anonymous

Our society peacefully coexisted for decades, you’re just another violent ape looking for an excuse

Anonymous

>Our society peacefully coexisted for decades
                        That was only possible when "people" like you were a marginal minority, which is no longer the case.

Anonymous

Sorry melanoid but whites are still the majority

Anonymous

>the ZOG needs to control my thought process
                        You will never be white.

Anonymous

The tard finally stops being disingenuous and admits it’s not actually "authority" he hates.

Anonymous

As far as I’m concerned, there is no such thing as "authority" at all; only people with guns — and that’s neutral. The "authority" you worship needs to be mass-executed, though.

Anonymous

If you think there’s no such thing as authority you’re mentally ill

Anonymous

The world isn’t made up from abstract, imaginary constructs, you brainwashed monkey. Your "authority" is easily reducible into a bunch of meatsacks watering the grass with their blood, and that’s precisely why your owners and programmers are so anxious to censor the internet. They know "authority" is code for "guns", and they know guns can be pointed at them and their families just as well as they point guns at the populace.

Anonymous

You’re the only one threatening people with guns, schizoid

Anonymous

I’m not threatening anyone with anything. I’m just making a prediction: if your owners and programmers fail to censor the internet ASAP, they will face the ultimate fate of all "authority", and so will their supporters.

Anonymous

not him, but you are asking for it. you are threatening his human rights

Anonymous

Telling him he’s a hypocritical violence seeking schizoid isn’t threatening his human rights, pinko

Anonymous

"People" to sanitize and control human thought should and will be killed. Show me the hypocrisy in this position.

Anonymous

You’re trying to control thought right now. The very act of argumentation is an attempt to control thought. People as dumb as you shouldn’t be tricked into thinking you are capable of free thought.

Anonymous

>The very act of argumentation is an attempt to control thought.

Anonymous

are you not the one who preaches on increasing powers and regulations for censorship?
                        you also do not happen to support the coercion of what information a person should consume?

Anonymous

When have I said anything of the sort you illiterate retard?

Anonymous

>When have I said anything of the sort you illiterate retard?

[…]

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

sure sure… so what do you think about OP is he right or not?

Anonymous

What do you think about my arguments, are they right or wrong?

Anonymous

>science is an authority
                        >human rights are shit
                        wrong

Anonymous

>Human rights don’t come from authority
                        Lol

Anonymous

who are you quoting?

Anonymous

who are you quoting?

Anonymous

well you’re defending op so… ;p

Anonymous

>I’m not the op
                        So what’s your contention, and what does it have to do with the subject of this thread?

Anonymous

Why don’t you try reading it, moron

Anonymous

What’s your contention, and what does it have to do with the subject of this thread?

Anonymous

this is too obvious OP you are the only one here holding that retarded opinion

Anonymous

What is authority?

Anonymous

>Our society peacefully coexisted for decades
                        lmao. imagine having failed at history this hard. riddle me this when has there been no war?

Anonymous

neither does authority then. but yet you’re trying to make the argument that authority should decide for you which is retarded. people should be autonomous so that their stream of consciousness does the thinking for them.

Anonymous

You let authority decide for you so many times in a day you don’t even realise you’re doing it. You cannot live without trusting outside information. It is literally impossible. But you’ve developed this mental virus thats telling you to disbelieve anything the government tells you. You pretend it’s some kind of grand noble fight against "authority" for the powers of "free thought". In reality it’s just you being a useful idiot for other agendas. Grow up kid, you’re not special because you watched some Hitchens videos.

Anonymous

>You let authority decide for you so many times in a day you don’t even realise you’re doing it.
                        wrong, i am well aware how controlled this tyranny of a society is. hence why i oppose it.
                        >You cannot live without trusting outside information. It is literally impossible.
                        ok and? i don’t give the source of that information authority over me when i "trust" its truthfulness.
                        >But you’ve developed this mental virus thats telling you to disbelieve anything the government tells you.
                        i’m sure they have your best interests and aren’t in it for their power. you’re the one with the mental illness here. you blindly trust authority and have no ability to free yourself.
                        >You pretend it’s some kind of grand noble fight against "authority" for the powers of "free thought". In reality it’s just you being a useful idiot for other agendas. Grow up kid, you’re not special because you watched some Hitchens videos.
                        lmao, just because i’m not going along with your master’s agenda doesn’t make me a pawn. it makes you the pawn for the agenda you’re desperately trying to convince me of.

Anonymous

just give brain body to science you clearly dont need it

Anonymous

But science isn’t real anon didn’t you know? Authority is not true by default

Anonymous

science is a method to understand things, authority completely shit on science

Anonymous

Yeah yeah, only YOUR science should be the authority, I see…

Anonymous

science is not any authority, it is data nothing more

Anonymous

>Science is not a method of producing information
                        >Science is not a method of making conclusions about nature
                        Lol

Anonymous

who are you quoting?

Anonymous

nope, science is a framework for methodologies that when adhered to produces scientific information. at the philosophical core is empiricism and skepticism.

You’re the one who mentioned authority retardo, it’s not my fault you don’t know what it means. Maybe you should have consulted the authority on that, i.e the dictionary

nope, dipshit. that was a response. learn to follow the thread. don’t try to save face over your blunders. it won’t work.

Anonymous

And why do people conduct science anon?

Anonymous

to make conclusions about phenomena.

Anonymous

Facts, in other words?

Anonymous

not quite. math produces facts. science can only demonstrate within some margin of error.

Anonymous

>Doesn’t know what a fact is
                        Lol. You couldn’t prove me wrong anyway, not without appealing to some authority

Anonymous

A response that you responded to with an argument, thus legitimizing it as your own argument

Anonymous

that’s not how it works. i was only pointing out one aspect of the argument which was made to me before, the conflation of a method with authority.

>Doesn’t know what a fact is
                        Lol. You couldn’t prove me wrong anyway, not without appealing to some authority

actually you fail at definitions again. now you’re 0 for 2 getting things right.

Anonymous

Prove me wrong lol. Oh wait, you literally can’t.

Anonymous

learn some definitions.
                        au·thor·i·ty
                        /əˈTHôrədē/
                        noun
                        the power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience.
                        a person or organization having power or control in a particular, typically political or administrative, sphere.
                        "the health authorities"

It is how it works. If you defend an argument you are making that argument.

my argument is that science is not authority. see above for details.

Anonymous

A scientific fact is an authority if you use it to make an argument or decision.

Anonymous

>A scientific fact is an authority

Anonymous

wrong. you are definitionally wrong. a scientific conclusion can at most be the basis for an argument but it isn’t making any decision nor does it say what a decision should be.

Anonymous

Something doesn’t have to make a decision to be an authority, ESL

Anonymous

actually by definition authority is:
                        the power or right to give orders, make decisions, and enforce obedience.
                        a person or organization having power or control in a particular, typically political or administrative, sphere.

so no science is not an authority, brainlet. idk how they let you pass grade 1.

Anonymous

>Appeals to authority
                        I win

Anonymous

you’re conflating "authority" and authority.

Anonymous

You’re losing this argument

Anonymous

actually no, brainlet. the authority in appeal to authority refers to authorship not government. see the etmymology of: argumentum ab auctoritate.
                        https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/auctoritas#Latin

Anonymous

Is this autism?

Anonymous

>Human rights don’t come from authority
                        Lol

i know exactly what your problem is, you think that authority is a group of people who can do whatever the fuck they want, this is true in a totalitarian regime.
                        authority in democracies is a set of laws that meant to serve the people…
                        It is built on human rights, ethics, morals and everything that provides a basis for a free and stable society.
                        people like you need to move to north korea to experience firsthand the difference

Anonymous

>authority in democracies is a set of laws that meant to serve the people…
                        they serve the ruling class very well.

Anonymous

you don’t even know what it means to ‘serve’, take a holiday in north korea, champ, because true totalitarianism is still nothing to how retarded the west is right now.

Anonymous

>at least it’s not north korea
                        the absolute state of the west.

Anonymous

okay, go to china where they’re two steps up but they still monitor your every move, give you no rights, and determine your role in society by your social status.

idk why you’re so hell bent on being cucked by authority, you’re probably one of the people that votes for totalitarianism with you democracy lmao

Anonymous

how about neither. democracy is just disguised tyranny by giving people the illusion of freedom by votes to control the minority. there is a reason it’s called tyranny of the majority. the only cuck here is you who needs some authority.

Anonymous

"Human rights" is a cult

Anonymous

how so? a cult is a collective idea that deny logic

Anonymous

It is how it works. If you defend an argument you are making that argument.

Anonymous

imagine conflating a method for discovery with the government. this is the brain on government propaganda.

Nah I just grew out of it
                        Go try and make a society without a government, I’ll watch

you never understood any of it. you were just in it for the stupid punk scene.

Anonymous

You’re the one who mentioned authority retardo, it’s not my fault you don’t know what it means. Maybe you should have consulted the authority on that, i.e the dictionary

Anonymous

The same consensus we can easily influence with psychological tricks and ostracization?

Anonymous

>The spread of misinformation will be the downfall of civilization
      Yes, the kind spouted by media and governments.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

> If you live in human society, you must follow or live by some kind of authority

Anonymous

HEY diverse folk, everything alright down there?

Anonymous

LULZ post rate is about two posts a minute. This thread has gotten 85 replies in 100 minutes.

Designated schizo containment thread?

Anonymous

look, before a swarm of faggots like yourself came here, LULZ was an anti establishment society.
      freedom of knowledge, scepticism, and logic were the supreme values that made up the community here.
      a lot of anons have left since you came, so while this gives you the feeling that censorship is even a topic for discussion, It’s important for you to know that your ridiculous opinion does not belong here in any aspect.
      if you do not want to think for yourself it is your right, and if you want put the weight of civilization survival in the most psychotic way imaginable just to justify your distorted idea, it is also your right, but to demand it from others is absolutely NOT your right.

you want to discuss fine… the result is 99% of LULZ will think you are a retarded fuck who deserve death, you wont convince anyone here try reddit

Anonymous

[…]

>Gubmint bad because 1984!!!!
      Lol kid pls

Anonymous

yes, you can’t seem to grasp a fact that angsty teenagers espouse, pathetic child that never hit puberty.

Anonymous

Nah I just grew out of it
          Go try and make a society without a government, I’ll watch

Anonymous

Around the time people started using their real faces online was the end of the internet as it became filled with stupid, gullible, normies. I started using the internet in 2003 and I can easily pick misinfo/disinfo and photoshops. I have spent so much time online I can detect deepfakes without knowing how I’m doing it so I don’t really understand what the fuss is.

You all must be naive. Always assume you’re being lied to unless you confirm otherwise. That’s always how the internet worked. I’m telling you everything went to SHIT when it became normal to post your fucking picture online.

Anonymous

Who decides what is correct and what isn’t?

Anonymous

humanity is too dangerous to have free thought it needs to be controlled for it’s own protection.

Anonymous

>thinking governments are "authorities"
      >thinking governments are anything more than glorified janitors serving the public
      >allowing governments to think they are actual "authorities"
      NPCs create the conditions for civil wars.

Anonymous

Rights are innate. A state can’t "give" you a right, all it can do is organize people to try to restrict each other’s rights for the sake of smooth interaction.
      You are innately embedded with the ability to walk wherever you want or say whatever you want. Then the state may or may not step in to restrict this ability (REMOVE your right). But the state does not "give" you anything.
      This is a very simple thing to understand.

Anonymous

>A state can’t "give" you a right
        That’s correct. You know what else can’t give you a "right"? Your irrational belief system. You have no "rights" besides the ones you can physically defend against those who seek to subjugate you.

Anonymous

No, that doesn’t make sense.
          Saying a person’s rights are violated doesn’t imply that the right doesn’t exist. It simply means the right was violated.
          Shooting someone who says something you don’t like doesn’t mean he magically didn’t have the ability to speak freely. It means you violated his ability to speak freely i.e. you violated his innate ability and right.
          You’re correct when you say rights need to be defended but you are wrong when you say this implies rights don’t exist or that rights only exist if they can be defended. This is an important distinction.

Anonymous

Only mentally ill people believe that "rights" exist.

Anonymous

Only mentally retarded people think that somehow the human ability to move and speak is not real.

Anonymous

Your ability to move and speak is real. My ability to shoot you for moving and speaking in ways I don’t like, is also real. Your ability to do something, doesn’t manifest itself as a "right", except insofar as you can physically prevent it from being violated.

Anonymous

> Your ability to do something, doesn’t manifest itself as a "right"
                  It exactly does, you not understanding this shows you are retarded.

Anonymous

Something is real if and only if, it can manifest itself in reality regardless of the social consensus. How do your "rights" manifest themselves in reality when no one else believes in them, delusional corporate drone?

Anonymous

I have the ability to shoot you in the face. I guess it’s my right to shoot you in the face, then.

Anonymous

How many dicks does OP take on a regular basis? Would greatly appreciate claims backed up by valid sources

Anonymous

censorship belies truth in all cases instead of just misinformation
      critical thinking is the ultimate answer to misinformation

Anonymous

>critical thinking is the ultimate answer to misinformation
        Most NPCs lack it, so that’s not an answer to anything. The answer to misinformation, is equal and opposite misinformation, so that NPC opinions cancel each other out.

Anonymous

i miss the 90’s and the early 2000 when people won’t take the internet seriously

Anonymous

Yes, it was so much better when people believed in corporate "news".

Anonymous

now you have corporate "news" on the internet its even worse

Anonymous

Corporate "news" on the internet is the same as it’s always been, but everyone hates it now.

Anonymous

>Corporate "news" on the internet is the same as it’s always been
                  no, besides you also have Corporate "experts" Corporate "studies " Corporate "science" etc…

Anonymous

You seem to be operating under the delusion that your position is somehow defensible, as if introducing competition from independent sources into the mix somehow makes corporate propaganda more powerful and pervasive.

Anonymous

>as if introducing competition from independent sources into the mix somehow makes corporate propaganda more powerful and pervasive.
                      huh… yeh dude, this is not science this is pure marketing

Anonymous

>i cannot address the argument
                        Yep. Your position is logically incoherent.

Anonymous

>buzz words…
                        you dont even understand what your argument is

Anonymous

>introducing alternatives to X makes X more pervasive!!
                        No, it doesn’t.

Anonymous

>more buzzwords…
                        corporate science is usually not science end of discussion

Anonymous

It will start rapidly falling apart as soon as someone or something distorts the information about reality enough to be impossible to discover the forgery for the AI agents.
      Another possibility is imperfect creations of fallible humans developing to the logical conclusion. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes.

Anonymous

No. The journalists should be censored and approved, not average persons on the internet. If you publish in a self proclaimed news source and it turns out to be false or misleading information is put out, you should be fined. Of course the next problem is who defines misleading, news, reputable, etc. Its not a problem I have the answer to, but the problem is the freedom journalists are given.

Anonymous

>the next problem is who defines misleading, news, reputable, etc. Its not a problem I have the answer to
        Your proposition amounts to creating a privileged class of government propagandists.

Anonymous

>but the problem is the freedom journalists are given.
        Not so much the freedom as impunity. Unless they are in some shithole where they might get beheaded or whatever. Same state as almost everything else in the modern times: too much extremes, very little if any common sense.

Anonymous

>25 schizo make 225 posts in 5 hours
      The state of LULZ

Anonymous

[…]

>Anyway, 1/3 of LULZ shitposters putting their turds on a Facebook fan is how you end up with mindless, fucking boomers acting up and making a mess of society, including destroying the very foundations of knowledge and expertise.
      I’m sorry, Captain Seeth’ncope, are you upset that people aren’t getting their 4th jab?

Anonymous

>Q said that…
        >ebik simpsons sneed meem XDD
        You obviously couldn’t refute so you went straight to shitposting. Do us a favor and stick to your shit bucket. That’s what it’s for

[…]

[…]
        >destroying the very foundations of knowledge
        you are the one who want to censor the internet

I am not OP, but mindless hotheads falling for any half thrown-together schizo tale is an erosion of the pillars of knowledge–when "flat earth" is taken by /poo/ morons to be ""just as valid""" of a description of Earth, that’s when you know you have crossed a collective stupid of destructive proportions. Anyone peddling destructive garbage must be dealt with same way anyone burning buildings must be dealt with: nothing to do with "censorship" but regulation of the social contract.

Anonymous

[…]

>destroying the very foundations of knowledge
      you are the one who want to censor the internet

Anonymous

>i want to live in a tyranny regime
      why?

Anonymous

Because I get high blood pressure and digestion issues when people don’t listen to the scientific experts. Antivaxxer nazi drumpsters are gonna LITERALLY kill us all if we don’t censor the internet.

Anonymous

>are gonna LITERALLY kill us
          how?

Anonymous

>Antivaxxer nazi drumpsters are gonna LITERALLY kill us all
          see that panic? this is the real reason for the fall of civilization

Anonymous

Faggot

Anonymous

Ok, but the people in charge of censorship get to control the flow of information when it comes to the business that they’re involved in, and they’d also have the means to supress others from knowing of their corruption. Meaning that they’d have the immediate tools to commit any type of corruption and crime, have no one know about it, and to perpetuate themselves in power.

We’de done the "what if we just had a big daddy government to protect us from lies?" experiment a hundred times in the past, and it always results in increased corruption, stunted scientific growth (since certain science can be detrimental to authorities), abuses of power and VERY frequently genocides and government sanctioned mass-murders.

You’re a moron for even considering this. Read a book, retard.

Anonymous

>it’s another thread created by someone who is upset people disagree with them about covid
      kys

Nice kitty btw

Anonymous

Why does it matter whether people know what is real?
      We don’t live in a society that is based on consent anymore, you will bow down to black, you will eat bugs, you will bake the gay wedding cake, you will get the clot shot.
      It isn’t necessary for people to access and understand information. All that is required is that they obey.

Anonymous

>pic is literally glowing
      It’s like poetry, it rhymes.

Anonymous

Every single post in this thread has been made by me and me only.

Anonymous

>there are people like OP alive today who unironically want to live in an authoritarian police state
      If you hate not being oppressed so much, go move somewhere else.

Anonymous

This thread is just a shitshow megasperging of autists.

Anonymous

the spread of misinformation is the conquest towards the nugod of science
      reality is consensus based. you’ve fallen for new religion
      how much agency we have over the properties of reality, who knows. but we can increase our ability to bend it and the rate at which it can be bent

when empirical science falls, we open the realm of creativity and genuine experimentation once more, instead of relying on downloading information from schools, authorities, and the internet

everything that is intentionally convoluted is done so to act as an exhausting and confusing maze so you eventually accept it.
      all the major players in controlling reality do this
      law. finance. science. it’s all intentionally full of heavy jargon and convolution to deter most from involving themselves, while also creating such steep entry to understanding that one must heavily program themselves within a pre-established exhausting language that expresses some property
      because of this personal commitment of energy in learning such a language, one becomes heavily invested in its truth, and propagates it going forward.
      any aspect of reality can be bent. full stop.

add one human sensory perception, all of science changes
      who says properties will maintain their trending behavior without some erratic alteration

"misinformation" is the literal babeling of the tower that allows us to genuinely explore again

if you guys want "real science", literally just video record the behavior of different properties when you play with them. shut the fuck up about "why". shut the fuck up about applying a verbal language, wrought with personal and cultural conditioning.

nature isn’t static. empirical science is an absolute FABRICATION

Anonymous

literally just never read language or symbolism again and then "do science"

Anonymous

Most people don’t think for themselves,they just pick a couple of people that they consider to be experts and follow whatever they say,and then mistake these things that they parrot for their own thoughts.
      Have you ever noticed that the conspiracy types always say the exact same things in the exact same ways?they just get their thoughts from the same sources.
      If anything,the internet could already be controlled in the way that you ask about.
      It feels like a lot of these schizos are actively being toyed with by some sort of group.

Anonymous

unless you have sat there and, from the ground up, studied something completely, you are letting other people teach you

our entire culture is setup in such a fashion to make you both dependent on others in their respective fields, and inclined to easily trust them because again, intentionally exhausting environment. you’re being squeezed of your energy. that’s the real "money".

if people were actually able to study these things for themselves, there would be so much confusion, there wouldn’t be as much conspiracy spiraling, there wouldn’t be as much shady shit from men in suits, and there would be less capitalist bullshit selling you poison but marketing it as health food.

Anonymous

There was no misinformation before the internet, ya know when people in Europe believed pleasing the fairies in their garden would keep the plague away.

Anonymous

The only problem i see is that you cant trust videos anymore. Perfect cgi, greenscreens etc. We cant trust anyone

Anonymous

there was no way of knowing lol, didn’t know how intense some people were.

Viewing 44 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.