What is the world’s quietest firearm?

Home Forums General & Off-topic What is the world’s quietest firearm?

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

What is the world record quietest firearm?

Since Guinness didn’t actually do a decibel measurement test on suppressed firearms, surely someone else has taken on the challenge of figuring out what the world’s quietest firearm is right?

Anonymous

Probably a Welrod or something weird like that

Anonymous

That’s what I would have said too, pretty interesting piece of kit the Welrod

Anonymous

Also from NFATalk forum members, apparently the Welrod in original configuration (full of rubber wipes alternating with steel washers) with original type ammo in .32ACP metered at around 124dB, or approximately 8 times the sound pressure of a modern suppressed .22lr with subs. Which isn’t a fair comparison, but at the same time indicates that a Welrod isn’t the quietest firearm. Maybe just quietest in caliber.

Anonymous

Huh, I was under the impression that the Welrod in a best case scenario in regards to the condition of the washers etc. was a fair bit quieter than that. Maybe that’s not the case but interesting regardless.

Anonymous

Well as guns semi-useful in a situation where killing needs to get done go, you could do worse than a Welrod. But I wouldn’t entirely discount the utility of a suppressed .22lr pistol. Carried one for years now IWB. Why? Because Canadians aren’t allowed CCW, but I’m old, not as fast nor strong as I used to be, and gang nonsense is getting worse around here. If I need to shoot my way out of a situation I want to minimize my sound signature while maintaining at least a marginal level of lethal force potential. 70fpe with subsonics and a metered noise level of about 114dB make for better chances of dealing with it, then getting the hell out of Dodge before horse police show up. If it happens to be a home invasion I’m defending against I’d go to the suppressed 9mm carbine to get a bit more punch and larger mag capacity while preventing neighbours from becoming upset.

Anonymous

Are you the same guy that ND’d into a grocery store ceiling?

Anonymous

And your point is? Stalking me or something?

Anonymous

no way, 9mm in that small a volume will be loud.
              t. own a ton of cans

Anonymous

>buying things made me smarter
                ebin

Anonymous

you dont gain experience when you use things? are you a literal retard caveman, or just a melanoid?

Anonymous

Not him, but claiming expertise just by owning things is a fallacy. I also have dozens of stamps and the welrod has a metric gently caresston of volume, tf you on about?
                    Unless you mean the B&T vet pistol then yeah that’s gonna be average at best.

Anonymous

Integrally suppressed subsonic .22 rifle. Probably one with wipes.

Anonymous

It’s not that one in your picture that’s for sure.

Probably some kind of locked breech integrally suppressed .22 with a dampened firing pin. I can’t imagine anything quieter than that.

Anonymous

Don’t be so sure about that. The DeLisle was measured at 85.5 dB, integrally suppressed 22LR rifles tend to be about 110 dB or so. That’s a gently caressing huge difference.

Anonymous

>integrally suppressed 22LR rifles tend to be about 110 dB or so
          with what ammo?

Anonymous

Using nonstandard techniques and archaic equipment using different standards than we use today. 85dB in 1940 is not 85dB in 2020.

I have shot a SIA reproduction, it’s about as loud as a suppressed 9mm autoloading pistol. Which is to say not very quiet, not even close to a regular suppressed .22 let alone an integrally suppressed one with a locked breech.

Anonymous

I completely agree that old measurement methods would not agree with modern ones. But it’s not like it was the stone age, they had accurate audio equipment at the time. I’m not sure that factor alone can explain the absolutely huge difference involved.

Given that reproduction DeLisles have been made surely someone must have tested one of those according to modern standards with a modern meter?

Anonymous

I suspect that they have but won’t publish numbers because it’s so much higher than the "85db" number thrown around for the last 80 years. Who’s going to spend $2,000 on a 140dB gun?

Anonymous

Nobody buys a repro like that for practical purposes, it would be because they want it for historical reasons but can’t afford a real one.

Here we go, from SRI.
                http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89571#p783192
                "High 120s" so significantly louder than a suppressed 9mm, which typically measures around 122-125dB. 3dB is of course double the sound energy.

Nice, thanks. Makes it pretty damn clear.

Anonymous

Here we go, from SRI.
              http://www.silencertalk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89571#p783192
              "High 120s" so significantly louder than a suppressed 9mm, which typically measures around 122-125dB. 3dB is of course double the sound energy.

Anonymous

The delisle actually rates in at around 125dB, give or take when tested with modern equipment.

As a reminder, the garbage wikipedia entry citing it at 85dB also measured unsuppressed submachineguns at about 125dB whereas in reality they’re about 155-160dB guns.

The delisle in reality just isn’t that quiet, and is severely held back by it’s larger bore size of .45 which is the primary cause of noise bleed in high volume suppression systems.

Quietest guns you’re going to see without going into stupidly overbuilt systems are going to be long barreled subsonic .22lr with extremely high volume cans, which would very easily float down into the 100-110 range and perhaps double digit range with the right ammo.

Anonymous

Prolly some Cold War .22 pistol we don’t even know about

Anonymous

Unironically this

Anonymous

For the situations in which the DeLisle was used, it was plenty quiet. The enemy sentries who were intended targets were likely hard of hearing, so killing one with a reasonably quiet firearm like the DeLisle or the Welrod might help an invading force avoid detection. But to cling to notions that these weapons were quiet in an absolute sense, especially as compared to modern suppressed firearms, is to suffer a similar form of delusionality as those who cling to the idea that a katana was in any way a magical sword compared to a proper bit of steel. Japanese swordsmiths made do with inferior materials, and for that they did an admirable job. But most katana did not survive beyond one use in a fight. They broke, chipped, bent, generally failed after a hit or two. Great for gutting a farmer who couldn’t pay his taxes, not so much for epic battles.

Anonymous

A modern suppressor mounted to a long-barrelled bolt-action .22lr, firing CCI Quiet (old style, not the faster, heavier Semi-Auto Quiet version), will yield sound pressures 1 metre to the side of the muzzle of about 112dB. That’s really, really quiet for a firearm. A truly superior suppressor might yield 110dB. Quieter measurements than that and you’ve either got a poorly calibrated meter or you’re using an iPhone with an SPL app, like Jesse James did when ‘testing’ his potato suppressor on an AR.

Anonymous

My MP5SD is the quietest I have ever shot. I dont really consider .22lr in the running since its an extremely anemic cartridge.

Anonymous

Have you mic’d it up (or used a phone) and measured how quiet it actually is?

Anonymous

No, I can’t find a good way to measure decibels without spending a fortune.

Anonymous

lolwut? a basic decibel meter is like $50.

Anonymous

Which is useless in this professional context. Expensive ones cost thousands of dollars. That’s why hardly anyone does sound tests.

We’re not measuring power tools for OSHA compliance on a job site.

Anonymous

I have a $15 SPL meter from China. It typically metered about 104dB for suppressed subsonic .22lr, and topped out at its max reading of 130dB for unsuppressed.

Then I opened it up and found there was a calibration dial, which was set at a middle value. I tested at various settings, eventually settling on the maximum value, which meters a .22lr suppressed semi-auto pistol at around 117dB and similar for a suppressed 10/22. I’m not terribly concerned about the actual numbers being accurate, but when it’s adjusted like this I find it’s a bit more sensitive and shows even small differences between results for variations in design of the baffles. Useful for confirming what my ears tell me.

Anonymous

>I can’t find a good way to measure decibels without spending a fortune.
            If you have an iPhone, NIOSH has a sound level meter app. They’ve found that the standardized, high quality components of iPhones means they get measurements within the acceptable ranges for certified SLMs.

Anonymous

This only applies to steady source emissions of sound. Impulse noises of extremely brief duration, most obviously gunshots, are outside the range of competence for any smartphone microphone, whose sampling rate is typically an order of magnitude or more too infrequent to meter anything but the near upside and far downside of the impulse wave. The peak gets left out of the displayed value because the mic is incapable of noticing it.

Anonymous

What up Jesse James, still making gaudy 1911s and metal footballs?

Anonymous

THAT guy. Good f’n grief. I still can’t get over him boinking Sandra Bullock. So uncool.

Anonymous

One of the most reliable tests I’ve used for the success of a suppressed firearm is whether my wife can hear it from the kitchen, 10 feet from my workshop with the door closed. If I tell her I was shooting a few rounds into a quiet bullet trap and she is surprised, I know it’s quiet. If I hear "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" between shots, well, it’s back to the lathe with me for a better design.

Anonymous

I know a guy who does this. The only way his wife ever catches on is when she walks in and smells it, but he’ll pop squirrels out of his kitchen window all the time without her noticing a thing.

Anonymous

I use an airgun for kitchen window squirrel hunting. My wife would be too spooked by seeing a firearm shooting. She’s weird like that.

Anonymous

I do the same, from the shitter. It’s got the best view of the backyard, and the window is right next to the terlit, for fresh air.

Anonymous

Just nailed squirrel #38 for 2020 from the slightly open kitchen window. 6fpe .177" round nose to the top of the brain case from 14 yards, dropped like a stone to the waiting cat… who was very excited, but then didn’t have a clue what to do with an actual squirrel. Cats around here are so useless. I’ll have to go fetch it when it gets dark in a couple of hours and chuck it in the compost. Don’t feel like eating squirrel today. Save that for when times get hard, soon.

Anonymous

This is exactly how I measure how loud my shooting is too. Suppressed 22 pistols sound like distant staple or nail guns to her from in the kitchen. She can’t even hear the sound of suppressed 22 bolt actions with subsonics. When i shot my Brown Bess out back she asked me if I heard an explosion. I have a wooded hillside so sound echoes and carries strangely back there.

Anonymous

Powderless .22lr with a can is as quiet as you’re going to get. It’s the only way I found out you can shoot squirrels innacity

Anonymous

Shot a grey squirrel in the back yard a few years ago with my .22lr semi-auto pistol, slide locked (fussy bit of work that, difficult to make it a durable mod without otherwise harming the gun’s function – detailed on silencertalk under the name quietoldfart), and nobody noticed. Later that year I shot another out of a neighbour’s tree, from the alley, my gun hand concealed behind leaves but the rest of me exposed – and just as that squirrel dropped a lady walked behind me, looking at her phone. Maybe 10 feet behind me. I noticed her as I was putting the pistol back in my belt and slightly turned away so she’d not notice… but she never looked up from the phone, just kept walking. Dense urban block, loads of people. Both times were breech locked using CCI Quiet and a 6" K baffle can. It’s quieter than a child-rated break-barrel pellet rifle set up like that. No need to go so weak as the powderless variety.

Anonymous

dunno, but I want this upper

Anonymous

Probably the PSS or one of the other Soviet piston-cartridge guns.

Anonymous

Can’t believe it took this long to be mentioned.
        NuLULZ is gently caressing shit.

Anonymous

[…]
          This

You all gently caressing SUCK

Because its not as quiet as a silenced .22 you gently caressing noguns.

Anonymous

>zero gas escaping the firearm is louder than a .22

Anonymous

Uh, yeah. That piston still clunks hard.

Anonymous

Drop a hammer on concrete. Is it silent because it doesn’t have any gas escaping?

Anonymous

>All measurements were done utilizing the protocol specified in Mil-Std-1474D. The meter, a Larson-Davis model 800B with a 1/4 inch LD-2530 pressure microphone, is a Type 1 precision sound meter in current certification. Prior to the start of measurement, calibration was checked with a recently re-certified Larson-Davis CA250 calibrator. Measurements were taken at the “reference” location of 1 meter to the left of the muzzle, 90 degrees to bore axis, and 1.6 meters above ground. Grass was not available, so measurements were made over compacted dirt.

>In order, the individual shots of the 5-round string were measured at: 125.0, 124.5, 124.5, 123.8, and 125.0 dB. The overall average was 124.6 dB. First round “pop” is defined as to how much louder the first round measures compared to the average of the remaining rounds. While it was calculated, these are individual silenced cartridges, and the meaning of first round “pop” in this instance is not germane. The standard deviation was 0.44, indicating excellent shot-to-shot consistency.
            http://www.smallarmsoftheworld.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=1187

Suppressed subsonic .22lr can get you down to 120db with a manual action, rifle barrel and quality can. The PPS nearly equals that with semi auto and a 1.5 inch barrel making 133fpe.
            Suppressed .22 is getting you anywhere from 30 foot pounds to 120fpe, using Aguila SSS

Anonymous

>Suppressed subsonic .22lr can get you down to 120db with a manual action, rifle barrel and quality can
              Check your numbers again, chief.

Anonymous

See

Manual rifle is not necessary
                >The suppressed Sig P226 conversion gave us an average of 120-128 dB for all ammo tested.

Silencer Guide with Decibel Level Testing

That is a 4.4" barrel running a 4.5" Dead Air can though, so not a pocket pistol like the PSS

119.34dB That is the lowest well documented signature I have come across.

Anonymous

>119.34dB That is the lowest well documented signature I have come across.
                  Huh, really? ‘Cause if you were a member of NFATalk.org, you’d know about the charts of test data from the membership’s ever-growing collection of cans tested. Lowest I recall seeing with CCI SV was 113dB or thereabouts. ECCOMachine recently bought himself a proper testing kit for something around $8,000 to test his production cans and he’s metering the odd .22lr at around 111dB or even lower, as his work is outstanding in baffle design and machining perfection. 119.34dB is outdated by at least a decade. I’d share the NFATalk charts, only it’s forbidden, the risk being cancellation of membership. But join the forum and you have access, not a big deal.

Anonymous

>Cause if you were a member of NFATalk.org,

Legit stopped reading.

Anonymous

Suit yourself. Just telling you were legit bulk data lives. See for yourself if you like, I gave you enough information that you could do that, if you weren’t a no-gunz sperg.

Anonymous

Manual rifle is not necessary
              >The suppressed Sig P226 conversion gave us an average of 120-128 dB for all ammo tested.

Silencer Guide with Decibel Level Testing

That is a 4.4" barrel running a 4.5" Dead Air can though, so not a pocket pistol like the PSS

Anonymous

You’re making up numbers.

Suppressed subsonic 9mm is commonly in the low 120s not mid, 122-124db is common. Suppressed subsonic .22 is 120db from a PISTOL. From a locked breech rifle it’s 112-114dB down to possibly as low as 110-111dB.

So despite your sperging, no, the PSS is not quieter than ANY suppressed .22 let alone a locking breech rifle.

Anonymous

>Links sources
                >N-noooo, y-you are making up numbers! T-trust me!!!

Sauce, faggot.

Anonymous

You made up the 120db figure for .22s.

Go to any reputable suppressor manufacturer’s website faggot or watch some silencershop or nfavideos if you want numbers you incredibly lazy lying cunt.

112db

Oculus22

108db holy shit even quieter than I thought and btfoing you even further

Switchback 22

113db

Sparrow 22

114db from a semi auto rifle
                  https://www.gemtech.com/catalog/product/view/id/395/s/mist-22td/category/11/

Your turn noguns.

Anonymous

>Trusting manufacturer claims
                    Get a load of this retard.

Anonymous

Are you not capable of rational thought? This is getting actually weird. Numerous people in the military in many countries have tested suppressor effectiveness with state of the art equipment and come to similar conclusions as what the industry leaders have in terms of decibel ratings for the same equipment and ammunition. But ‘some guy on LULZ’ is the voice of authority? gently caress off.

Anonymous

[…]

This is the bad kind of autism.

Anonymous
          Anonymous

Do you have one?
          Have you ever even seen one?
          You 2 fags are sperging out like it’s some kind of sacrilege that no one is talking about what might as well be a video game gun. All the while actual gun owners are talking about guns and supressors they actually own instead a slavaboo meme faggotry.

Tldr eat shit

Anonymous

Thread title:
            >What is the world record quietest firearm?
            So… while I agree with you, OP did ask about the quietest firearm overall, not the quietest readily available firearm and suppressor combo. Not that this idiot is any less an idiot, just saying.

Anonymous

>uncircumsized bullets
        How to get import banned in the US 101

Anonymous

Depends on what your idea of the quietest gun is. Rifle? Pistol? Home-made/small numbers production? Full scale production? 9mm? .22lr?

Quietest I’ve seen is this, which is nowhere NEAR as loud as I’d expect.

Anonymous

.22lr French pistol with a slide lock fitted. Carved the slide a bit, made a stainless steel stirrup to engage with that, then brazed on a pair of steel caps to prevent the stirrup from splaying outwards in the long term. Several hundred shots of subsonic fired so far with the slide locked with no significant wear, breech stays locked, report is reduced, brass controlled. Takes about 1.5 seconds to unlock with my thumb, rack and release the cooled brass into my hand (the barrel cools it very quickly) then chamber a new round and re-lock the slide. That is, should I want a second controlled shot. Otherwise I can just leave it unlocked.

Anonymous
          Anonymous

Honestly, sometimes it seems there are about 20 guys who hang out on LULZ and that’s really it. A little private forum for weirdos… like me, only everyone hates everyone else.

Anonymous

I’ll admit to asking someone to elaborate on something they’re talking about, asking for further advice, or telling them to post the story they’re talking about only for them to reply and realize either I’ve read it before or they’ve replied directly to me on the exact same topic in the past. I’ve had it happen multiple times with different anons. It’s a small board sometimes.

Anonymous

And at times it seems almost entirely Canadian, which is even weirder.

Anonymous

Very nice, I’m French and I didn’t know about this model. It reminds me of the tranquilizer gun in MGS. Is there any other modern design that can lock its slide like that ? The only other "quiet" .22 pistol I can think of is the Ruger Mk 3 or 4, but it’s still kinda loud.

Anonymous

It started life as a M.A.P.F. Unique D4 with a 6.5" barrel and muzzle brake. When I inherited it some years back from an old guy, the brake slots were all cracked due to being shot a whole lot with faster rounds and never having been cleaned, the gunk crudding up the brake so badly it tore itself almost apart. So I chopped it down and crowned it, re-installed the barrel more firmly (the pins had loosened a fair bit), generally cleaned up the innards and made it run smoothly with subsonics. Never shot it with anything faster than about 1,100fps. It’s more like the D2 model with the 106mm barrel, now threaded 1/2-20, an inch sticking out beyond the slide. Very nice gun once it’s tuned up properly. Small, but with the solid heft of proper old iron. Made a new extractor as the original was long since broken off. Reworked the firing pin, so it never fails to ignite a round now. Gets a full tear-down for cleaning about every 500 rounds. Love this pistol.

Anonymous

Super nice project anon, hats off. Definitely a keeper.

Anonymous

Yeah, fun to shoot. I’ve put in a slightly lighter stainless spring to make it more or less dedicated to the new CCI Quiet Semi-Auto. Ejects and feeds very reliably with very slight preload on a 1mm x 7mm spring. And with CCI Quiet, the old slow ones, it’s getting into ‘stupid quiet’ territory with the breech locked.

Anonymous

it would be a bolt action firing a subsonic round and a large suppressor

Anonymous

Seconded.

I have a savage bolt .22 with an AAC element. So this is NOT the largest /quietest supressor and nothing has been done to the rifle to quiet the action. But it’s hilariously quiet. Minus the pin of the striker, it sounds alot like a wrist rocket type slingshot. Frankly I can’t imagine it getting much better it practical human terms. You can have a conversation without and shoot it intermittently without interrupting the conversation.

This is with cci subs.

Anonymous

22 short subsonic in a cooey model 39 or similar boltaction

Anonymous

Seems the bit about beryllium being outlandishly expensive is a bit not quite true maybe. $20 for a gram of the stuff from China:
      https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1-gram-High-Purity-99-58-BERYLLIUM-Be-Pure-Element-Metal-in-glass-ampoule/274419439978

Numerous machined beryllium rods from China and some samples from Israel, higher pricing but probably more likely to be pure. hm. Maybe something to consider for my little specialty .22lr ammo box, alongside the one with a glass ampoule containing a drop of mercury (manual loading only as an auto-loader would smash the glass) and the one higher velocity round with a needle-sharpened 1/8" rod of tungsten. Handy having a lathe for such things to be correctly centered.

Anonymous

I forget the name but there’s a soviet assassin gun that’s pretty gently caressin quiet, but the down side is the projectile goes like 300fps

Anonymous

Surely a Kolibri would be the quietest, they have the smallest cartridge that I know of

Anonymous

here’s a modern 9mm equivalent. pretty damn quiet.

Anonymous

Sweet! Got to build me something like that, but a takedown version.

Anonymous

take down is overrated. if you’re looking for something small go with a single shot thompson contender or similar with integral can in 300 blk as a quiet social engagement gun.

Anonymous

also dont use that scope. mine froze in 20F weather and the turrets stopped working. Replaced it with a nicer scope.

Anonymous

I’m more a zero and leave it alone kind of scope user, preferring doping shots via range card and ballistic chart. Won’t be setting zero on any optics in sub-freezing temps.

And to each his own. I like a gun I can pack up small, keep concealed until needing to deploy. So a takedown is essential. There may soon come a time when drones and street camera networks are eagerly scanning for suspiciously long packages of whatever description and directing squads to have discussions with the carriers of such long and narrow packages. I’d rather have my guns in lumpy fat bags for such occasions, but ready to deploy quickly enough should need arise.

Anonymous

That’s why I suggested the Thompson Contender.
              Every take-down Ive played with had slop in it, particularly if the barrel was the break-point.

Anonymous

If you build your own, slop doesn’t have to be a thing. My guns don’t have slop. At all. Period. I make damned sure of it. Return to zero through countless assembly/disassembly cycles is paramount in designing and building them. I cut myself slack in other areas like finish refinement and elegance but won’t sacrifice precision shot placement for anything. It’s the only important thing when lobbing bits of hot metal at a target.

Anonymous

post pics, I want to see your take-downs.

Anonymous

See above. I’ve shown them in enough threads to make them common knowledge. Nothing too special really, certainly not on the level of this guy:

But I tinker with random bits of metal, bits of barrels or barrel liners. Next project is likely along the lines of a simplified Welrod in 9mm, with 4" of barrel ported between 2" and 3" into some tube volume for initial pressure reduction then a string of baffles and a wipe at the end. Something with a little more oomph than my .22lr stuff but somewhat concealable, removable grip such that it can be stowed in two parts. No need to use a magazine really, a simple loading/ejection port with a good extractor should make it reliable and reasonably fast to load.

But this shows my last .22lr takedown rifle. May build a sixth, not sure. I’d want to take more time with it, use some nice steels, get it closer to something ‘professional’ in finish, which would entail a lot more planning instead of the usual improvising and problem solving as I go. In a cloth roll with 40 rounds in the stock tube and another 40 in a little waterproof can the package weighs 4lbs even. A range card lives on the barrel to be handy for longer shots. It groups well enough for head shots on rabbits at 100 yards.

Anonymous

>make sub2000 clone
                      >get ass-blasted in comment section when someone points it out

Anonymous

You read Youtube comments? Come on, man. Nick is a gently caressin’ saint. Autistic fella, but still a saint for sharing his inspiring builds. And his version kicks ASS on the KelTec piece of crap.

Anonymous

Go to bed, Nick.

Anonymous

wuh? Damn we get some stupid comments here. Is this the Youtube comments section?

Anonymous

ok retard

Anonymous

Nicely done. Elegant. Spare. An admirable retort.

Anonymous

It’s a nice gun and obviously a lot of skill to make, but saying it kicks ass compared to the sub is a stretch. I would bet your only reason for that is "hurr, its metal".
                        The sub has a much better overall design, from it obviously being lighter (isn’t this supposed to be a backpacking gun?), to having better latching design as well as better magwell location.

Anonymous

‘hurr, it’s metal’ is a bit misleading when it comes to comparing the Sub2000. The plastic rails flex a bunch and don’t really permit a lot of mounts to return reliably to zero from one session to the next, the plastic squishing a bit, moving around, letting things slip… I’ve read accounts from actual shooters of the Sub2000 saying 4MOA would be on a good day from one of these things, 6MOA more likely. The newer model with the rotating forend seems to deal with part of the problem – you can now leave a scope mounted and rotate it out of the way for folding, so there’s no mount removal/re-install to worry about messing up your zero. But then you’ve got a folder which is as thick as the gun plus the height of the scope and mount! So a massive bundle instead of a compact folding pack gun. And the Sub2000 is lightweight? Nick’s 9mm folder weighs 3.52 pounds empty. The Sub2000 weighs 4.25lbs according to their own website. Where are you getting that the ECCO version weighs more?

Nick’s work is also far more reliable. Of course it is, he’s fussing with the thing obsessively until it won’t fail, ever. KelTec has built a reputation on getting something pretty close to reliable, kicking it out the door, then moving on to designing their next big thing. Warranty issues abound. Look for user reviews, seriously. It’s apples and oranges, one-off versus cheap production gun, so I’m not claiming Nick’s work is somehow related to KelTec’s… that’s you and the Youtube commenters doing that, not me.

Anonymous

Wow it really is you isn’t it.

Anonymous

The ‘you’ being? I may be as wordy as Nick but if that’s what you’re implying, sorry, wrong guy. I’m almost twice his age and in a different country.

Anonymous

This is pretty awesome. Don’t get too upset about the sub2000 comparisons, taking a design and beefing it up is a pretty cool thing to do.

Anonymous

i remember a video of some guy shooting some gun in .22 with a big ass surpressor on it, and subsonic ammo, it was extremeley quiet. Guy didn’t even use protection because it was so faint.

Anonymous

This video?

For what it’s worth, a properly suppressed .22lr is well below the threshold for pain and unlikely to cause hearing damage even with large numbers of shots indoors.

Anonymous

ah, i was thinking of the wrong video.
          this one.

Anonymous

Yup, that seems to be an impressive suppressor, especially with a wipe in the endcap. I don’t typically use a wipe as accuracy suffers too much, but if I had some clandestine close-up and personal shooting to do, sure, wipes are great with .22lr. Apparently almost as great with rifle cartridges and a bolt gun.

Anonymous

A captive-piston firearm.

Anonymous

>The World’s Quietest Gun
      cz 425 lux with a still no 5 and rws 40 grain match subsonics

Anonymous

>cz 425 lux with a still no 5 and rws 40 grain match subsonics

Anonymous

Anyone try a Vintorez?

Anonymous

I don’t have any numbers on how quiet this is, but compare the report to the ring of steel, the bolt being racked, and the case bouncing on the table.

Anonymous

that’s 190Gr 300blk

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.