The 1950’s were great, inb4 some -ism

Home Forums General & off-topic The 1950’s were great, inb4 some -ism

• This topic has 84 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

The 1950’s were great.
      >inb4 some -ism
      Yeah, I don’t care. The 1950’s were great.

Anonymous

>advertisers never lie, guys!

Anonymous

Woke af

Cope

Anonymous

The 2020’s are even better. Look how happy these office drones are!

Anonymous

The 2020s pic is also an actual photo whereas the 1950s pics are drawings, I’m starting to think the 2020s are better.

Anonymous

>technological development > Art and culture development

suck my ass dude

Anonymous

>t. doesn’t know what culture even is outside of his feel good buzzwords

Anonymous

But it’s clearly not great as they’re not white

Anonymous

Vgh, this is what they gave yov

Anonymous

Can you please start spamming another image here please? Regurgitating the same stuff over and over again is not helping your cause, it’s just annoying.

Though, to be fair, I understand you’re clearly not very articulate so posting the same handful of images is probably all you have.

Anonymous

McDonalds burgers are dry as fuck. Wendy’s or Sonic Drive-In is where it is at.

Anonymous

>2020s consoomerism bad!
      >1950s consoomerism good!
      How do nostalgiascrotes explain away the cognitive dissonance?

Anonymous

the advertisements only had white people

Anonymous

"Consoomerism" is Marxist cope to shame working people for appreciating the luxuries they can afford under capitalism which 20th century orthodox Marxist states were unable to provide.

>Variety?! Bologna and canned sprats is all the meat you need, you greedy CONSOOMER!
        Get bonked.

Anonymous

they knew it too which was why the communist cunts used to run newsreel footage of police beating up civil rights protesters. They didn’t really have anything else to use as leverage against the West, certainly not economics and QoL.

Anonymous

The soviet block had far better healthcare and public education than the west did, plus it funded a lot more into art and culture projects

Anonymous

>I’m willing to trade my personal freedom and dignity for the ability to buy more funkopops!

Anonymous

>I’m willing to trade my personal freedom and dignity for the ability to buy less things!
            Marxists in a nutshell.

Anonymous

You scrotes say thid and then mock man-children who play videogames and collect Marvel memorabilia all day. You are a freaking slave.

Anonymous

Yes.
            I mock grown men that play with toys.
            How is that inconsistent?

Anonymous

no the 1950s were not great in Estonia at all. maybe in your cunt.

Anonymous

They took this from you.

Anonymous

For me, it’s the leaded gasoline.

Anonymous

Which was a minor factor in the crime wave, as a higher share of 18-29yo’s in the population was the primary factor

Anonymous

Why did they put a poster from a videogame in that collage?

Anonymous

These are literally from the original Bioshock you dumbfuck

Anonymous

OH MY GOD IT WAS HEAVEN :O :O :O :O

Anonymous

t. never actually lived in the 1950s, has only heard about extremely idealized accounts of it

Anonymous

well I mean he’s probably not 80 years old

Anonymous

Post skin color

Anonymous

The 50s utopia only ever existed in sitcoms and government propaganda, shit was repressive in actuality

Anonymous

>The 50s utopia only ever existed in sitcoms and government propaganda, shit was repressive in actuality
          You commies are really ass hurt over the 50’s, aren’t you?

Anonymous

That’s when the soulless corporate dystopia we live in now really got going

Anonymous

The 1950s were the beginning of the degenerate brand-worship and garden gnome pilpul of the modern era. The 1890s-1940s were better.
      Btw that McDonalds still stands and operates. It’s in California.

Anonymous

Woke af.

Pope Pius XII, Latin Mass, National Legion of Decency… all seemed well.

Anonymous

>golly, gee, shucks, gay, oh boy
      That decade had extremely effeminate vocabulary. Hard pass.

Anonymous

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw0qIyZMtH8

the music was a bit twee as well

Anonymous
            Anonymous

that was a joke song they cut and it wasn’t even released publicly until the 70s

Anonymous

And?

Anonymous

As opposed to Lollipop which was #2 on the Billboard in ’58?

Anonymous

Your point? There was plenty of filthy music being produced in the 1950s and earlier, it just didn’t get aired. Even today the stuff that gets on the radio is heavily censored.

Anonymous

The comments are pure freaking reddit

Anonymous

>I say fuck alot, that’s how you know I’m a real man!

Anonymous

Back when people looked forward to the future, not dreaded it

Anonymous

Back before the reality of western demographic replacement set in and people realised the future will be a global favela

Anonymous

Dilate

Anonymous

I blame the Soviet Union’s collapse for the sense of dreariness and lack of optimism we have today.

Anonymous

In the US it was fine if you were white. In Eastern Europe it was a pretty terrible time. Wasn’t too great in Western Europe either.

Anonymous

[…]

The people who make these kinds of threads don’t actually care about the 1950s anyway, or know anything meaningful about the period

It’s dumb and embarrassing and people should point out that it’s dumb and embarrassing

Anonymous

You’re dumb and embarrassing.
        Imagine actually trying to say that it’s embarrassing for people to look fondly back upon the past.

Anonymous

There’s nothing wrong with fondness for the 1950s.

There’s something embarrassing and ridiculous about fondness for a nostalgic advertisement for the 1950s. It’s like those freaking dorks who got all sad because they couldn’t live in the world of Avatar.

Anonymous

Unless you lived in the fifties you are not looking back on it, you’re reading or more likely imagining about it.

Anonymous

the only thing that is embarassing is how much even the mere mention of the 50’s gets a whole army of you plebbitor trannies foaming at the mouth for no reason. I’m not one of these people that idolizes the 50’s but so many of you just overly hate and hate and hate on everything from then because some people you don’t like from the internet talk it up too much for your liking. For all the negatives you and your ilk bring up during these threads, no on ever mentions how much less inflation there was or how much easier it was to buy a house or get a decent job. Not to mention at least in the US crime skyrocketed after the 50s up until probably the mid 90s when it started going down again. Those are all objectively good things that liberals/leftoids should like too

Anonymous

>Cold war/red scare hysteria
      >keeping up with the Jones’s driving conSOOOMing to record heights
      >planned obsolescence in cars, plus seatbelts and airbags not even existing
      >filthy disgusting beatniks

VGH…wish we could go back…

Anonymous

>red scare
        >hysteria
        Fuck off red.

Anonymous

*rats you out to the committee because you have a fancier car*

Not my problem

Anonymous

Which committee? The central committee?
            Yes that’s how it worked under Communism, people would literally rat each other out to be bumped ahead on the waiting list for a new Volga.

Anonymous

>Claims the 1950s were great
      >Posts consoomer shit
      This is why America is soulless

Anonymous

>Low IQ: the 50s were bad because of muh racism and sexism
      >Medium IQ: the 50s were good
      >High IQ: the 50s were bad because it was when the rot had already begun to set into western society

Anonymous

the latest g*rmshit chimpout completely ruined everything, the post-WW2 world never stood a chance, not wiping g*rmany from the map completely after the first world war doomed us all

Anonymous

Amerisharts pining for the 50’s isn’t any different that slavshits thinking everything was better when Stalin was in charge.

Anonymous

[…]

I know brüder, I made a proper grossegermania thread yesterday, and these redditors started post their fake garden gnome maps, with no inclusion of Elsass-Lothringen and the Lebensraum in the Reich. VGH, I hate redditors that post their garden gnomeed version of reality

Anonymous

yeah man I wish I could live in a time when the air was full of leaded gas fumes, my car would mutilate me in a 20 mph accident, I have PTSD from the war and no mental health services available, I could beat my wife because she didn’t make the particular flavor of Jell-O salad I like, and I could punch a black guy in the face for making eye contact with my daughter.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

"Golly be gee, I’d better keep my legs closed until my wedding night because there’s no legal abortion and no pill yet in 1958. I only hope my granddaughter does same instead of becoming an e-thot who fucks 250 dudes and then finally lets some cucked beta provider have her old beaten up pussy when she’s 30."

Anonymous

>actually has sex outside of marriage and tells her husband she broke her hymen during gymnastics

Anonymous

the hymen naturally rips at puberty, else menstruation would be impossible. it’s mostly a protective layer during childhood to guard against uterine infections

Anonymous

why are /poo/ chuds so obsessed with virginity? you ever bonked a virgin? they have no clue what they’re doing, it’s pretty lame.

Anonymous

This. Experienced women are the best, the more men they’ve slept with the better they are at freaking. They’re probably breeders, or hopeful breeders anyway.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

These threads in a nutshell.

Anonymous

Daily reminder

The 50s were a golden age created by social democrats and destroyed by N*xon and r*publicans

Anonymous

no one cares LBJscrote

Anonymous

>The 50s were a golden age created by social democrats
        Wait a minute anon, the 1950s were a time full of rampant sexism and racism, homophobia and transphobia and all kinds of similarly yucky stuff. Leave that cursed decade for the chuds.

Anonymous

You forgot the Cold War, McCarthyistic paranoia. Along with dread that the whole world could be atom bombed to the stone age as the Korean War was in full swing.

Anonymous

>McCarthyistic paranoia
            He was one of the best allies the USSR could have asked for. That stooge made actual communist infiltration of institutions easier by discrediting being on guard against it.

Anonymous

>guy who wanted universal healthcare and ubi wasn’t sock dem

Anonymous

>The 1950s were great
      Any time for the victors of war that survived the war to take home the spoils of war is a great time.
      A large portion of the population killed off.
      More and new land.
      The conquired nations wealth brought home.
      National security for the foreseeable future.
      New civilian tech from military tech.
      The 1950s werent great because they were the 1950s, it was a great time because it was a post war total victory at a nearly global scale.

Anonymous

The 50s were great but not even the peak of American civilization, let alone life on Earth. Western decline was already well underway at that point and everything bad about the present was already sown then.

Anonymous

unless you were a straight white WASP male you were basically 3/5ths a human

Anonymous

>unless you were a straight white WASP male you were basically 3/5ths a human
        this isn’t Tumblr

Anonymous

I am all of those things
        We need to go back

Anonymous

What a corny cringe atmosphere. At least go back to the more unapologetic time from the late 19th century till before prohibition.

Anonymous

This. I want to be a gunslinging long-haired bearded cowboy, not a clean-cut clean-shaven church-going corporate yes man.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.