ngmi

Anonymous

>stop using a vpn
      no

Anonymous

Slashdot is a neoliberal propaganda outlet

Anonymous

why yes mr cia. I will tie all my vpn traffic to amazon server #458234

It’s true. I still read it because some times it has useful news.

Anonymous

Define neoliberal in your own words.

Anonymous

woke imperialism

Anonymous

Define woke imperalism.

Anonymous
                Anonymous

That wasn’t a definition.

Anonymous

Define neoliberal in your own words.

Hurr durr define everything
              I’ll define it for you:
              Liberty for garden gnomes to rule how they see fit, unhindered capitalism
              Liberty for browns to abuse whites, never ending wellfare
              Political duopoly between controlled left and right win parties;
              Wars for Israel
              Narrative, media and speech totalitarianism for whites

Anonymous

>define what you mean please, because then I can quibble with you over definitions, even though I already know what you mean; the thing is, I support this thing that you oppose so its more convenient for me to cast doubt on your definition of it rather than engage you in any sort of real argument

Anonymous

That wasn’t a definition.

Define woke imperalism.

have a nice day, scrote english professor

Anonymous

non-schizophrenic

Anonymous

"Neoliberal" is a word tankies (and increasingly unoriginal nationalists) use to denote "anybody I don’t like and am too lazy to understand or categorize"
          In contrast, "neoconservative" has historically been applied to a particular cabal of real people with names, some of whom apply the label to themselves (e.g. Kristol Sr.)
          I find the presence of "neoliberal" in a sentence is a pretty reliable tell that I don’t need to keep reading, along with other slurs like "capitalism", "fascism", "white supremecy", "trickle-down", "hate", and "debunked"
          Read Orwell on "meaningless words"

Anonymous

>"Neoliberal" is a word tankies (and increasingly unoriginal nationalists)
            Wrong but keep coping

Anonymous

the opposite of open source free range coomers, free as in butterfly landmine free

Anonymous

I haven’t read slashdot since Taco called it quits. Honestly should have done the same with moot.

Anonymous

>neoliberal

woke imperialism

>woke imperialism
        jesus

Anonymous

blow in from reddit?

Anonymous

who the hell cares?

Anonymous

Everyone who’s not a redditard like you.

Anonymous

>stop pirating with a vpn!!! please!!!!
      no
      >some vpns are bad therefore all vpns are bad!!!!
      no

Anonymous

this

Anonymous

>pay 5.99 per month
      >or pay 210 per month
      >or get DMCA letters from tattletale copyright garden gnomes who scrape IPs from trackers
      Hmm which is more feasible

Anonymous

>cost as much as Netflix
      My VPN costs $3/month and let’s me get Netflix’s entire library for free

Anonymous

What VPN?

Anonymous

surf shark. Costs like $60/2yr, so actually more like $2.50/month

Anonymous

VPN my balls

Anonymous

>using pedoflix
        >not ethically and justified theft to deny pedoscrote child rapist cannibals "money"

asleep

Anonymous

netflix is garbage made for NPCs by NPCs

Anonymous

>let’s me get low quality rips from Netflix’s entire library for free
        ftfy

Anonymous

>he doesn’t know

Anonymous

it’s the exact same content you see anon

Anonymous

>on the cloud
      >the operator is me
      scrotebrain

Anonymous

ah yes, a piece sponsored by the lobbyist groups except they’re not required to disclose that. Sure is a popular theme across all kinds of news outlets in the past month.

Anonymous

i use vpn for ban evasions, torrenting, multiple identities, etc

Anonymous

What a dumb fuck, almost as stupid as people who roll their own VPN on an EC2 instance. News flash, everything is still in control of amazon and whoever runs the data center their shit is hosted in!

Anonymous

Imagine unironically listening to anything the "NYT lead technology writer" says rofl

Anonymous

How else am I supposed to access dn42?

Anonymous

>Stop using a VPN

Anonymous

It’s basically correct if you take at face value the actual claims by VPN providers to "protect your personal and financial data" or whatever since any reputable website that you’d put that into has been using TLS for the better part of a decade now, and if you’re putting data into shady websites then you have bigger problems than a VPN can protect you from.

Of course what people actually use them for is torrenting and getting different content on netflix.

Anonymous

>Stop using a VPN

Anonymous

> created VPN on the cloud
      > operator is me

freaking kek.

Anonymous

>NYT lead consumer technology writer
      someone in this position may actually be more stupid than a random person you pick off the street. I somewhat agree with the sentiment though, the average person (like him) is too scrotebrained to benefit from a VPN. it’s just something they turn on because they hear it protects you from "something". they still visit all the same websites, log in to all the same accounts, etc.

Anonymous

vpn still gets you plausible deniability. using a could service that doesn’t have some insane homomorphic encryption of memory in ram is useless though since X server is always tied to Y user

Anonymous

Not really, they can still tie you to all the nodes you’ve visited. Most of vpns require authorization in some form or another and those logs are highly likely to be kept, unlike the actual traffic. Traffic logging actually takes a fuck load of space, and a given VPN provider, especially small one, would like to avoid storing it as much as possible. It’s risky and unprofitable to sell at small scale. Auth logging on the other hand is tiny and easy to store, it is also very useful for troubleshooting.

Anonymous

if they want to catch you they’re just going to transmit a certain pattern of bytes at certain intervals, there’s nothing you can do to hide from it.

Anonymous

They’d be hitting the VPN server not your computer. That only works with already established and Nat’d traffic.

Anonymous

which is then sent directly between you and the vpn server
              without traffic flow confidentiality to pad those transmissions you’d light up like a christmas tree to any entity capable of monitoring backbones.

Anonymous

Multiple users can be on the same VPN server. If the server was set up correctly it should only be sending packets from a related/established connection.

Anonymous

yeah but they have seperate streams of data. so let’s say we want to find out which of 200 users (using the service right now through that VPN server) belongs to the home connection.
                  First we see a spike at 2:12:32 on the home connection, and we also see a spike on 89 other users. Then we see a spike at 2:13:45, and we see a spike on 73 other users. However, the users that overlap are only 18 users. Next, we see a spike at 2:15:12 and that has 81 users. But the users overlapping are only 4 by now. And so on, when you are more precise, you do not need to wait so long as you can also distuingish small differences in transferred data.

Anonymous

>he didn’t trick his vpn provider into providing the service for 10 cents a month

Lmao, my VPN traffic usage is like 1.5 tb per month and i’ve paid 2 usd over 2 years and they still haven’t caught on.

Anonymous

>He thinks he tricked his VPN provider by giving them 1.5TB of his data every month for 2 years for free, while paying the 10 cents it probably costs them in bandwidth and maintenance.

ngmi

Anonymous

>ngmi
          ngmi

Anonymous

Y’all don’t just host a VM in AWS with Wireguard and Pihole and run all your traffic through it?

Anonymous

why the fuck would you?
        >hurr let me just take all of my traffic and give it to amazon

Anonymous

Yeah lets give it to NordVPN instead!

Anonymous

You’re an absolute scrotebrain. Firstly there are literally of thousands of VPN providers other than NordVPN. Secondly, NordVPN has literally been hacked but nothing leaked because they don’t store any data. There’s literally no reason to distrust them other than the fact that they’re popular.

Anonymous

1) Amazon
        2) More expensive
        3) It’s one country
        4) There’s absolutely zero benefit. All of your internet traffic is just being connected to a different but single IP address/location. For VPNs you get lost in the echo with many people sharing the same server. It can’t be easily traced back to you.

Anonymous

Why does LULZ have to be so full of contrarians.

Anonymous

honey it’s called small dick energy

Anonymous

I pay a premium to Mullvad for a reason

Anonymous

mullvad is disguised glowsharts

Anonymous

I don’t use a VPN because my shithole of a country doesn’t care about internet traffic

Anonymous

me either, my shithole is named america

Anonymous

if you think america is a shithole there’s almost 200 other countries you can move to. so why don’t you move if it’s so bad? hmmmmmmmmm

Anonymous

coming from the scrotebrain who uses a vpn HAHAHA

Anonymous

yes, i do use a vpn, you can choose to or choose not to

me

>writes the New York Times’ lead consumer

Anonymous

Pretty much all VPNs except a few very shitty ones are completely compromised

Anonymous

No they aren’t. Not all of us are schizo.

Anonymous

>Pretty much all VPNs except a few very shitty ones are completely compromised
        nope, sorry. you’re a typical LULZ schizo that should be ignored completely is the actual reality. not all vpns are bad, some are way better than others. i use mullvad which is in like the top 7 best vpns

Anonymous

how do you distinguish a compromised from a good vpn?

Anonymous

>the top 7 best vpns
          According to what?

Anonymous

how do you distinguish a compromised from a good vpn?

sorry but i don’t provide information to schizo at this point because they have never once provided any information to me or anyone on this site, they just make claims or can’t trust this and can’t trust that without any evidence, so that’s what i do to them at this point. if you don’t think you can trust vpns or any software or provider and can’t be bothered to find data about anything then don’t. no one cares what schizos do or think. there’s plenty of information about vpn providers and transparency reports. do your own research if you’re interested. what i use works, mullvad is basically considered peak vpn right now until proven otherwise.

Anonymous

I’m pretty happy being a schizo by doubting the legitimacy of your research which you didn’t even link to
              No "research" can stop the owner of the service to do whatever they want with the data

Anonymous

i don’t listen to schizos, no one really does.

Anonymous

That’s a pretty schizo thing to say

Anonymous

>n-no you
                    haha ok pal

Anonymous

is there any reason to use a vpeen if i don’t consoom region blocked content or live in a 3rd world country where piracy is illegal?

Anonymous

checking fetlife messages while on starbucks wifi

Anonymous

>"Most VPNs aren’t trustworthy because they are run by larger companies" -NYT
      Just like literally everything, including the NYT which is run by CEOs of other larger companies and billionaires.
      Keep in mind their board has ties to internet companies, which directly profit by harvesting your internet traffic in order to sell to advertisers.

Anonymous

>bdnews24
      Bangladeshi fish farmer spotted

Anonymous

The only reason to pay for a VPN is to give torrent traffic or watch geoblocked content. Which is why I pay windscribe 2$/m for 1 location and unlimited data and nothing more.

For hiding my activity online I have iCloud private relay and it does the job. I don’t understand why people pay 10$/m for some shit like having access to Turkmenistan ips. Overkill and bloat.

Anonymous

>chuddot

Anonymous

lmao
      >they’re less trustworthy NOW but in the past they were good because web security was bad, i totally did not fall for security theater, this is totally not about me not being able to admit to my own mistakes
      and HE is supposed to teach the populus about consumer technology
      peak clown world

Anonymous

this, the more you think you hide, you actually show, use as much social media as possible use 5 different email companies, becomes- untrackbable because your trail is so big, fuck up data science follow my lead trust me i break any AI bitch supercomputer, i make them my bitch
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQX2q6WCrbE
      you may not believe me now, but when the smoke clears youll see

Anonymous

That doesn’t stop you from getting listed when you search for a nono word.

Anonymous

red pill on me on vpns please. i only use them when i need to falsify my home country. i also never paid more than ~ 10 USD for a vpn over the last 5 years because i get them via a grey market

Anonymous

how many layers you wearin?

Anonymous

>stop using vpn

Anonymous

Are you serious? Just freaking use tor you goddamn scrotebrain. Tor itself is already a free vpn packed to the brim with security extensions, private networks, and multiple routings. Idiots

Anonymous

please don’t for torrenting, you degrade the network for people that need it and it’s really rude to those running exit nodes.

Anonymous

>slashdot
      man that takes me back

Anonymous

Every time I forget to turn off my VPN, I get the "Your IP range has been banned for abuse" message. Those of you saying you use it for ban evasions, which VPN are you using? Currently using Mullvad, got meme’d into using Nord before that. Same thing with either.

Anonymous

Why should I stop using VPN? In my country, the government is blocking many sites on far-fetched pretexts, such as recently blocking deviantart or slowing down twitter. In other matters, many
      isp providers are now blocking WireGuard

Anonymous

is your isp one of them?
        it is always bad to have the hand that feeds you as your enemy.

Anonymous

>do not trust VPN because you cant trust the providers
      do people really need to be told this?
      >on cloud
      and you trust the cloud providers?

Anonymous

I don’t use a VPN for security I use a VPN so my ISP doesn’t see me pirating

Anonymous

>ON THE CLOUD
      ok bro

Anonymous

>costs as much as netflix
      But you don’t need netflix today. You need hulu, hbo ultra plus, disney plus, fox plus, amazon prime video… Basically every single company has their own streaming services and content isn’t available on just one of those but scattered over 8 different streaming services.
      Pirate away, mates, pirate away!

Anonymous

Translation: The NYT is buying browsing data from ISPs and wants people to stop interfering with that with their obnoxious encrypted tunnels.

Anonymous

for a lot of people it’s not about privacy but about accessing blocked freaking websites. what moron wrote this piece of shit piece?

Anonymous

Stopped reading at "garden gnome York Times"

Anonymous

>own private network
      >on the cloud for free
      >operator of the technology is me
      FORTY KEKS

Anonymous

>on the cloud for free
        it’s not free you freaking DIP

Anonymous

>scrotebrain poss scrotebrained opinion in the newspaper
      more news at 11

Anonymous

This is kind of true for most normies.
      VPN companies advertise by saying stuff like "we encrypt your traffic" while using the same ass encryption as https would be using.
      The only bonus is your isp not knowing. Which most normies so not care about.
      For people here, that might seem crazy (I include myself in that), but normies don’t give a shit.

Anonymous

yeah for normies it’s pretty pointless. They will still login to their phone verified and credit card paid accounts usually. VPN is just useless bloat at that point

Viewing 47 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id