What would it take for you to believe in God?

Home Forums General & off-topic What would it take for you to believe in God?

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/EdpWuiC.gif

serious question

for those that don’t believe in a god/god/creator, what would it take for you to change your mind?

let’s say some entity claiming to be god just spawns in your bedroom and asks you what it needs to do for you to believe that he/she is god.

Anonymous

>let’s say some entity claiming to be god just spawns in your bedroom and asks you what it needs to do for you to believe that he/she is god.
      I would ask the entity to obliterate itself and see if the world continues to exist after that.

Anonymous

i don’t really see the purpose? if your parents died it’s not like you stop existing.

Anonymous

If the universe doesn’t hinge on the existence of God, that god is useless even if he created the entire thing. By obliterating himself, he would tangibly demonstrate his Godhood if the universe vanishes with him, which he can then rebuild as a true God can never truly die. If he dies and nothing happens, he’s done the world a favor by ridding it of a useless remnant.

Anonymous

>If the universe doesn’t hinge on the existence of God, that god is useless even if he created the entire thing

baseless

Anonymous

It certainly isn’t a god deserving of worship, more of a demiurge which needs to be ridiculed.

Anonymous

lol
            so if you would ever meet God, the only thing you’ll do is ask him to "obliterate" himself just to prove you that he’s God?
            wow

Anonymous

>so if you would ever meet God, the only thing you’ll do is ask him to "obliterate" himself just to prove you that he’s God?
              Precisely.

Anonymous

and what if by obliterating himself results in obliterating you as well? how then would you know?

Anonymous

I hope for that outcome, at least I know it was the legit God then.

Anonymous

but how would you know if you do not exist anymore?
                    you would not exist, how can then you, that not exist, know that that was God?
                    are you sure you’re not just looking for reasons for you to "escape" whatever you witness?
                    i’m bored too, but no, i’ll not just simply ask God to erase everything just so i could be erased too :))) shameful way to say you don’t want to live

Anonymous

I would know for a fraction of a split second, which is all I need. If God is generous, he’ll recreate the entire universe to the state prior to its obliteration, including myself.

Anonymous

loool
                        you need forgiveness mate, and not from God but from yourself, yes, you’re capable to forgive your giant ego
                        >If God is generous
                        you’re willing to accept the destruction of everything just to feed your ego and then you’re like: "if God is generous" omfg no way, you must be funny :)))

Anonymous

Offer a better solution for discerning God from an impostor/demon. The experience of God is nothing like what any entity can conjure.
                        >you’re willing to accept the destruction of everything just to feed your ego
                        I have no attachment to ego, my life or anything impermanent like that.

Anonymous

>so if you would ever meet God, the only thing you’ll do is ask him to "obliterate" himself just to prove you that he’s God?
                  Precisely.

is gonna say some edgy shit then call himself a chad

Anonymous

Think about it, what are the defining attributes of God, the one God? Uncreatedness. What’s the task that would be impossible for a created being, no matter its power level? Vanishing and taking the entirety of creation down with it, that to me is the true test of Godhood.
          An entity just spawning in front of me is more likely to be a demon, so I have to treat it accordingly.

Anonymous

The defining attributes of the Supreme Independent – no cause and therefore no compelling, no higher principle and therefore no limit or rule – is one of omnipotence and infinitude.
            Thus, the very phrase "God cannot" is wrong, even if what follows is not logically nor linguistically possible.
            Yes – the eternally existent can stop existing.
            I have no idea how.
            But I know God can.
            And God will still be existent during God’s nonexistence.
            >but that breaks the limits of my brain and language
            Too bad.

Anonymous

>And God will still be existent during God’s nonexistence.
              Indeed. I never argued otherwise, only that whatever is God surpasses the created universe and encompasses it within itself.

Anonymous

If god exists he either doesn’t care or can’t make me believe in his/her existence. So it is not of importance on my personal life

Anonymous
                  Anonymous

Doesnt care.
                  You asked to come down to material existence, despite His warnings of the suffering there.
                  He will continue His eternal enjoyment in the spiritual.
                  When you are ready to come back, He will welcome you lovingly.
                  But until then.
                  You do you.

Anonymous

But none of that indicates that evil exists.
                  It DOES, but not in any external way, intrinsic to objects or events.
                  Good and evil are subjective value judgements projected outward.
                  They exist the same way yummy and yucky exists – not in the food, but in the observer of the taste.

Anonymous

>I never argued otherwise
                Then you are not the person that said God cannot be nonexistent, and thus you are not the person I was replying to.

Anonymous

make me a sandwich

Anonymous

deep

Anonymous

An entity already did something somewhat similar like that to me, and it proved beyond a doubt it was real, but it makes me wonder why bad things happen if that is the case. Although now I’m positive it’s real and I have trouble understanding why the world exists in its current state knowing that these beings are real.

Anonymous

Because they fell from heaven and are allowed a short time on earth

Anonymous

No, no, the entity isn’t bad, which makes me wonder who the fuck is causing all of the bad things on the Earth?

I think satan is still locked up in chains in the abyss.

The Bible actually says that God is the one who causes bad things to happen to mankind.

https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Matthew%205%3A45

I’m just trying to understand the purpose of it, not that I complain about God punishing humanity, I just try to understand the rationale.

Anonymous

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2045%3A7&version=KJV
          https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%205%3A45&version=NIV

The good entities are the ones that make bad things happen.

That’s the part I’m trying to understand. The problem with satan is that while he might seem okay today he is the one that loses in the end.

Anonymous

Sorry I just triggered when somebody insults my entity friend because I know they are real and not bad. They are real because they’ve proven it, and they are not bad because they are usually morally in the right as far as I know and they venerate Jesus.

They are better morally than I am.

Anonymous

How do you know healing if you have never been sick?

How do you know relief if you have never known pain?

How do you appreciate sweet until you have sour or bitter?

Anonymous

By becoming better than your previous, no sick condition.
          By reaching a new level of enjoyment, greater than previous enjoyment.
          By tasting things sweeter than the sweetness you have tasted.

You don’t need opposites to.understand these things.
          You need comparison.
          Polarity thinking is stupid and woke af on a material conception.

Anonymous

The Earth is a world of trials and atonements, in which we are mixed between spirits that have already achieved some moral progress and spirits that are still in this process of evolution. Instincts still predominate and we know that evil only exists as a result of our attitudes. Those who act by instinct stop thinking about others and, consequently, about the harm they can cause. Thus, evil ends up being necessary so that we can do good, we can exercise our love for others and our respect, our dedication, helping each other. Although there is a need for evil for progress to occur, it is up to each one of us to choose whether or not to practice it.

“God leaves man to choose the path: so much the worse for him if he follows evil; your pilgrimage will be longer. If there were no mountains, man could not understand that one can go up and down; and if there were no rocks, I would not understand that there are hard bodies. It is necessary for the Spirit to acquire the experience, and for this it is necessary for him to know good and evil; this is why there is the union of the Spirit and the body.” Those who understand that the Earth is a world of opportunities, resignedly overcome their difficulties and put themselves one step ahead in their moral evolution. God does not allow evil or good to happen, just as a human father hands over the house keys to the adult son who promises to be responsible but goes astray, degenerates, gives himself over to drugs and sets fire to the house he should manage and respect. Free will is ours, the keys are in our hands to lock the house or leave it open for access to evildoers. [1]

Anonymous

All the evil on Earth is the result of the free will granted by the Father, believing in our maturity and value and all the good of the Earth is also our work, after reflecting that happiness comes from us to the world, using the same free will, acting for the good of all, so that God can establish a difference in conduct among his children, rewarding the good and correcting the wrong ones, otherwise it would not be able to distinguish who used their free will well or badly with the keys of destiny in their own hands.

That is why He is just, because He does not allow evil or good to happen, but He expects us to do it, each one as he sees fit. Therefore, when we hear that evil predominates on Earth, we must understand that there is more need for its existence so that, overcoming it through the opposite force that is good, we can learn and evolve. It is not a “punishment from God”, but rather an opportunity as it allows us to explore what is best in us, in order to help those who persist in evil through our good examples. [2]

Anonymous

There obviously is nothing, everything could just as well be a result of drugs.
      Believe exists despite the lack of proof not because of proof. If you need proof it ain’t believe.

Anonymous

On a side note, there is a sutra in which Buddha meets Brahma (the creator God in dharmic religions) and asks him to disappear, which he fails to and instead hides behind a mountain. Buddha however disappears and re-appears, proving his enlightenment surpasses even the gods.

Anonymous

An all knowing God would know exactly what it would take to make me believe without me even asking.

Anonymous

woke af

Anonymous

I used to be very atheist, I don’t know what changed. But I can say ever since I chose to let god or jesus, Im still not sure into my heart. iv felt alot more love for other people, tho it’s a two sided coin. Because I now feel more hate then I ever have for (((Them))) and scrotes.

Anonymous

I would tell it to fuck off because I’m angry at it.

Anonymous

If they eased my pain I’d call them God. I’m not picky.

Anonymous

>let’s say some entity claiming to be god just spawns in your bedroom and asks you what it needs to do for you to believe that he/she is god.
      There’s nothing anybody can do.
      Jesus Christ came in the flesh, died on the cross, was buried and resurrected by the power of Almighty God on the 3rd day, fulfilled all righteousness, sits on the right hand of God.
      Even so come swiftly Lord Jesus.

Anonymous

gigachad ma ass
      gigapussy maybe

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Replace the vague "evil" with the more accurate "things I don’t like", and you will see how whiny and entitled that musing is.

Anonymous

Since any sufficiently advanced being could fake being God convincingly, only the actual God would know how to convince me completely.

Anonymous

Wouldn’t a sufficiently advanced being also be able to change what you think?

Anonymous

yes but God would be able to reverse that and debunk the false ones

Pr?nc?ss Sevenleaf

I wouldn’t tell it to do anything. God only shows himself to his prophets, and the last of God’s prophets died a long, long time before any of us were born, so it can only be a satanic impostor. Really, the only thing you should be saying in that situation is "audhu billahi minash shaytan ir-rajim"

Anonymous

woke af

Anonymous

I do not believe in God because I know God exists.

Anonymous

[…]

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id