Religion has actually convinced people that there’s an invisible man living in the sky

Home Forums General & off-topic Religion has actually convinced people that there’s an invisible man living in the sky

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Religion has actually convinced people that there’s an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever ’til the end of time!

But He loves you.

Anonymous

feels good knowing the King of the Boomers is burning in hell right now.

Anonymous

He burns in hell right now for not submitting to God of Israel who hates scrotes and sorcerers.

Anonymous

H-how can I be saved from the wrath of this God of Israel? If I’m not part or member of Israel?

Anonymous

God of Israel apparently created the whole universe. So it doesn’t matter.
          It’s only israelites that mattered to him, the rest died in floods or burned alive.
          But still, it doesn’t matter.

Anonymous

>claims to be speaking about religion in general
        >speaks about one god, dismissing hinduism and buddhism automatically
        >this god has a list of ten things to do, only really applies to judaism
        Two sentences in and it’s already inaccurate and ignorant

God doe not hate anyone, for he loves all of his children

Anonymous

It’s amazing how someone can be so theologically and philosophically ignorant and pretend he’s brilliant. It’s like a Maori warrior trying to disprove Einstein.

Anonymous

My favorite bit is when people who believe a book that says the space is ocean water and the sky is a dome with lights in it try and pretend their book isn’t goofy fiction by ignoring as much about it as they can.

Anonymous

The vast majority of Christians don’t believe that "the sky is a dome with lights in it". You are basially just schizoposting about ancient Hebrew cosmology as if its relevant.

Anonymous

>"the sky is a dome with lights in it
            That’s good, and in that case they should be very concerned that their holy book makes that claim.

Anonymous

It literally doesn’t say that.

Anonymous

He was raised in the Church so he likely knew more than LULZ Christcuck LARPers.

Anonymous

He loves you… and He needs Money!

Anonymous

I don’t think religion convinced anyone of what you’re saying, people filled the majority of those things in the blanks, between the sacred spoken word and then sacred texts.

Anonymous

i regret making carlin famous on LULZ
      i found my faith again and realize that white society is too valuable too give up.
      fuck carlin.

Anonymous

>religion = Christianity
      every
      freaking
      time

Anonymous

honestly i don’t know how people square the problem of evil
      although i don’t think hell is fire and brimstone. it’s probably more like being distant from god, and heaven is being closer to god. on an eternal timescale that would be like hell

Anonymous

I solved the problem of evil.
        (Potential) evil is necessary for free will to exist.
        Free will is of great value.
        The goodness of free will is greater than the evilness of evil (the good which free will generates outweighs the negative ramifications of evil).
        So God is justified and good for creating free will (despite the necessity for allowing potential evil).

Hell could simply be non-existence, God makes it so the sinner ceases to exist. This would happen if the sinner chose (through free will) to eternally reject the forgiveness and mercy of God.

Anonymous

>This would happen if the sinner chose (through free will) to eternally reject the forgiveness and mercy of God.
          How can someone lie to himself that this semetic spirit exists?
          Even if you want to find God, he’s not real.

Anonymous

>Even if you want to find God, he’s not real.
            Proof?

Anonymous

Where the fuck is God, scrotebrain? Where is he?
              It’s common sense. You don’t need any objective proof.
              God doesn’t exist. It’s all made up by some ancient Hebrews.

Anonymous

Yeah you have faith your belief in atheism is true.
                If you claim to know for a fact that God does not exist then you definitely need proof since you are making a positive claim.
                But you dont know, you just BELIEVE God does not exist, you have no absolute certainty or conclusive proof.

Anonymous

Nobody has concrete proof for anything but having belief in reasonable things is okay, believing an invisible sky daddy who loves you but also wants to burnt you exist is scrotebrained

Anonymous

I don’t claim to know anything.
                  In order for me to CHANGE MY LIFE COMPLETLY AND SUBMIT to God of Israel and rabbi yeshua, I need proof that these spirits are real. How the fuck can i be so gullible and believe anything people say?
                  Supernatural has been pretty much disproven, we are living in a physical universe so spirits and demons are pretty much like orcs from lord of the rings.

Anonymous

Conceptions of God can be reasonable and sophisticated.
                    God as First Cause, the only uncaused cause, the prime mover; God as That which none greater can be conceived, the maximally great being; these conceptions are philosophically coherent and cannot be dismissed unreasonably.

Anonymous

That’s not the god in the Bible and that religion comes with a lot more claims than a creator being just existing

Anonymous

If not, I dont think it is incompatible or very far off from the better conceptions of the biblical conceptions of God.
                        Granted I view the Bible as a compilation of books from many authors with varying understandings of God, not all of them are particularly noble or enlightened conceptions.

Anonymous

Mmm they seem to all be talking about the same god anon. Even still none of them are a hands off creator being that just set the universe in motion

Anonymous

If you still can’t let scripture go then there is no room for your special snowflake big bang god.

Anonymous

>let scripture go
                        That would foolish unless you have proven it is completely devoid of wisdom, truth, and spiritual value.
                        It is impossible you have proven such a thing isn’t it?

Anonymous

a lot of vague words for living on earth and none for god. you tippy toe thinking you are being respectful to the text but you are not. Lay down some solid wisdom from the bible about god and not about earthly garbage.

Anonymous

I don’t know what Bible you’re reading but they describe god as a man with white hair and white robes on a chariot multiple times and Adam is described as being created to look like him.

Anonymous
                      Anonymous

>Conceptions of God can be reasonable and sophisticated.
                      All "arguments" for God fails, that’s why I’m an atheist, and not an agnostic.

Anonymous

In the same vein all "arguments" for atheism fail, the debate continues because atheism has no conclusive proof or absolute certainty about its claim of God’s non-existence.

Anonymous

All the major religions are easily disproved. The argument is always about some abstract higher being instead of a specific god because religions are full of BS. That’s why holy texts are so full of "anecdotes" and "metaphors" they’re forced to abandon beliefs as human understanding continues to advance.

Anonymous

>All the major religions are easily disproved
                        Not really. Just because you can disprove one or a number of things of a religion, that does not mean the gist or essence or the underlying truths and values of a religion has been disproved.
                        You can never say a finite number of things concerning a phenomena are false therefore EVERYTHING concerning that phenomena is also false. You cannot even say what percentage is false, whether it be a minority or majority of it.

Anonymous

That’s the thing though, it’s not about disproving "everything" about the phenomena. If the key assumptions that one particular theory about the phenomena is predicated on is false, that theory falls through.

Anonymous

Examples? I dont think any religions have been easily disproven; what are these key assumptions that have been proven false, of which the entirety of the religion rests upon?

Anonymous

If you believe there to be evil in the world
                        that would flunk out a god that’s supposed to be all-powerful and good

just an example

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

>Existence of evil is compatible with an all-powerful and good God
                        No. That’s why they still call it "the problem of evil", you didn’t solve it.

defining evil as not-evil
                        woooow

free will is still not a coherent concept, Christians treat the word like a magic spell that just works, without explain how

besides, it’s blatantly conceivable how there could be slightly less evil in the world

Anonymous

>no conclusive proof or absolute certainty
                        You having a scrotebrained epistemology, that requires absolute certainty (however that’s supposed to achieved for the world outside your mind..) it’s really not my problem
                        I’m perfectly content not believing things there are no reasons to believe, plenty of such things

Christian God being a logical impossibility by your own claims, makes it easy to claim actual knowledge of him not existing, problem of evil and all that, omnipotence and free will both being incoherent concepts
                        No matter if one rejects radical skepticism or not

Anonymous

Fuck off scrotebrain

Anonymous

>free will
          is not a coherent concept
          when you make a choice, it’s either random. Or you did it for reasons, in which case it’s determined

Unless you can explain how this is a false dichotomy. Free will is just a buzzword.

Anonymous

Compatibilism is coherent.

Anonymous

correct, but that’s not what the bible preaches

Anonymous

Maybe so but my ideas about God and free will are not limited to what the Bible preaches, though can be compatible in many significant respects.

Anonymous

>I solved the problem of evil.
          It’s called Doublethink

Anonymous

So your god isn’t all powerful and couldn’t figure out free will without evil.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Carlin was the ultimate establishment anti-establishment comedian in that his point was essentially to tell you it’s all hopeless and to just let the elite rob you unhindered.

Anonymous

>Carlin

Reddit, the man.

Anonymous

>invisible man living in the sky
      His strawman conception of God is a reflection of his own ignorance.
      What about the absolutely metaphysically ultimate being of Classical Theism for instance?

Anonymous

you forgot
      >AND HE NEEDS MONEY
      always cracked me up

Anonymous

it’s actually more than 10 things I mean I could easily list ten things God doesn’t want me to do lol did he even try with this one?

Anonymous

He is good at speaking but everything that comes out of his mouth is garbage.

Anonymous

*tips fedora*
      >lol spaghetti monster am i rite
      >hehe invisible unicorn
      >rofl sky daddy xD
      go back

Anonymous

therfor God real

Anonymous

therfor God not real

Anonymous

he doesnt want me to do things that are bad for me
      Hows that not love

Anonymous

I prefer
      >The politicians are put there to give you the idea that you have freedom of choice. You don’t. You have no choice. You have owners. They own you. They own everything. They own all the important land. They own and control the corporations. They’ve long since bought and paid for the Senate, the Congress, the state houses, and city halls. They got the judges in their back pocket. And they own all the big media companies so they control just about all of the news and information you get to hear
      >But I’ll tell you what they don’t want. They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well-informed, well-educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That’s against their interests. It’s a big club and you ain’t in it. By the way, it’s the same big club they use to beat you over the head all day long.

Anonymous

Cool it with the anti-Semitism

Anonymous

Why are there so many threads about the exact same thing right now? Can’t you guys save your arguments for one thread at a time?

Anonymous

i posted this rant in the other athiest thread but i’ll post it here too:
      >i was once one of those atheist. 2016 and onward is what made me realize religion was right. seeing how leftist treat their ideology, they treat them as a religion. but a religion without an afterlife so it makes them more cynical. depressed. they’re faith is in physical and that physical nature makes them more prone to sorrow as their faith isn’t in something non physical. when things go wrong, it hurts them a lot more than a normal religious person as its an attack on the very physical nature of their ideology. to simply put it, they put their faith into man himself and man is an extremely flawed person.
      the power of being able to say god works in mysterious ways is very powerful and something the modern ideologies of the left is missing. you cannot debate god himself. you cannot check gods privilege. but you can check mans. rather than having a all powerful being at the top that cannot be challenged being the leader, its now all the practitioners. hell, even during the reign of the catholic church was better because at least it was the priest. now? well now you get stuff like critical race theory like: https://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1632990954158.webm
      >but anyways, my point being, the atheist movement’s idea of life without religion would solve so many problems was false. it just shifted from traditional god woke af religions to pure ideological and it made things 100x worse for things noted above.
      religion is ultimately a manifestation of human behavior. it will never go away because of that. its just pure ideological now but worse because ironically, there is no imaginary man in the sky that acts like accountability to it. as crazy as that sounds but having faith in something invisible did work as accountability. remember, even the kinds had to submit to god. divine right was god granting them the ability to be a king.

Anonymous

>kinds
        kings*

Anonymous

>i was once one of those atheist
        So, what made you believe God is real, rather than imaginary?
        You must have been a pretty scrotebrained atheist if you were swayed to that position without a reason.

Anonymous

i don’t believe in god anon. i never said i did. what i am is no longer part of the atheist movement.

Anonymous

So you are no longer an atheist?

Anonymous

if being an atheist means being with the movement, then no i am no longer. i honestly don’t know what to believe in anymore. religion didn’t die off. its just cold heart ideology now.

Anonymous

>if being an atheist means being with the movement
                brainrot

Anonymous

well you asked even though i said i don’t believe in god. so i don’t know what you are trying to imply.

Anonymous

>i honestly don’t know what to believe in anymore.

PROTIP: "I don’t know" is a valid belief. Since none of us religious nor otherwise truly knows what happens to us after we fuckin die.

Anonymous

>the far right
        Lol. If only. The New Atheists were basically crypto-garden gnomes and shabbos goyim trying to convince the liberal and libertarian "skeptics" to support, or at least not oppose, America’s GWOT (muh islamofascism!). If they had been genuinely far right, they would have staunchly, loudly opposed our ZOG wars.

The New Atheism was a moderately successful psyop. It served its purpose and is now fading away.

Anonymous

>dad spanks me after I do something he says not to
      >I’m supposed to believe he loves and cares about me

Anonymous

>Christians can’t conceive of a world without a daddy to spank them

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id