ITT discuss passive income from your PC

Home Forums General & off-topic ITT discuss passive income from your PC

• This topic has 42 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I was considering leasing out my personal PC’s processing power for passive income since I’m currently unemployed. If this is more /biz/ territory I can make a thread there instead. I’m not after any crypto specifically, just wanting to rent out my computer’s (mostly) unused processor.

Would anyone recommend companies/applications that aren’t overly intrusive and pay decently for the amount of resources they use?

Anonymous

how about you get a freaking job, you commie.
      i declare this a spider-man thread now.

Anonymous

I was working all summer. I’m on vacation for now. I’ll probably start work again around November or so, but for now, I’m just chillen.

you can host a premium sock5 proxy maybe.

Guess I’ll get to googlan.

Anonymous

>I was working all summer. I’m on vacation for now. I’ll probably start work again around November or so, but for now, I’m just chillen.
          Get another job. Dont be a commie. This country thrives on hard work.

Anonymous

freaking pay me a decent wage and I’ll consider it scrote.

Anonymous

That is freaking commie talk. you work for me. I will pay you whatever i want.

go be your own boss if you dislike it commie. this isnt your communist country where the state owns the means of production. you can start your own business in a democratic system

Anonymous

>woke af
                Baste
                >bastion of woke af
                Basting in basted woke af base

Anonymous

do you have a job? it’s time for bed then

Anonymous
            Anonymous

so you’re saying you’re late to work?

Anonymous

>so you’re saying you’re late to work?
              What freaking shithole country is it youre in where its morning?

Anonymous

nice try anon, go kiss your mom and go to work, you have 50 years ahead of you

Anonymous

its afternoon, dipshit

Anonymous

so you’re at work? why are you not hard working

Anonymous

>work happens in the afternoon
                      what kind of shit job do you have where your company doesnt close up at 5. are you a 24 hour fast freaking food employee or something?

Anonymous

but anon, only commies don’t work, are you a red worm?

Anonymous

I have worked today. And now im about to go to bed so i can work tomorrow. It is called a 9 to 5. try it some time, you freaking red

Anonymous

why do you waste time on commute and not stay sleeping at work? sounds like a commie strategy to steal from hard working colleagues

Anonymous

>why do you waste time on commute and not stay sleeping at work? sounds like a commie strategy to steal from hard working colleagues
                        trust me, i would if i could. the pod idea that have going on at tech firms in Frisco sound efficient.

Anonymous

would you choose 30 minutes in the simulated outside activity pod or 3 minutes with the robot waifu

beyond that though, do you really not have anything or anyone to come home to? sounds sad, anon

Anonymous

im just trolling, anon, ive been unemployed since my job got outsourced to indians at the start of lockdown. also im the laziest scrote there is t b h

home is comfy since i lost my job. im not worried about homelessness because i already own my house (and i dont owe money on it, its paid off and i own it fully). i do odd jobs with neighbors to make up the cash i need for all my other necessities but other than that im just looking to retrain into a new career that i cant get bonked over by someone who cant even use a toilet

Anonymous

thanks for being honest, godspeed hope you find a better job, most ranjeet outsourcers get bonked over within a year or two, let that make you sleep well at night

Anonymous

thank you fren. you too. i hope all the luck navigating this indian filled job market in the world to all my siss here.
                        also just to clarify, i would not live in a freaking pod. san francisco is full of freaking bug people

Anonymous

I’d consider pods (not as a means to please a workplace though) if it was in a sound society or far enough apart, which alas isn’t most parts of the world and you’d constantly get some turboshitter to be loud and obnoxious or a baby yelling its lungs out

I just love the mobility and minimalism of the idea, thinking of container living in the future (sounds bad, but there’s companies that make them insanely nice), as all homes and apartments always felt like I’m doing the next person a favour rather than taking my projects and soul with me, limiting too because often times local neighbour or state laws prevent even redoing your garage, while container lots can expand vertically up to 5 stories tall in a lot of places

Basically the failed capsule hotel in Japan, but real

Anonymous

you can host a premium sock5 proxy maybe.

Anonymous

The gray hair on your pic is more real to me than anything in the background, so we can arrange a way for me to pay you something fair if you let me use your computer to help make it real.

Anonymous

OP I just want to say sorry that you immediately got an underage cringelord to reply. Nobody deserves to put up with that shit.

Anonymous

>underage cringelord
        communist projection. get a freaking job.

Anonymous

>he actually got upset
          lmao

Anonymous

>lmao
            Youre too freaking lazy to even finish your sentence too?
            Go the fuck away, you freaking dirty red. Go slurp the juice from a rotting potato.

Anonymous

Maybe if you cry more it will convince me. LOL

Anonymous

He’s basically a scrotebrain. You can rent out all kinds of things and get paid for them, in that way leasing a portion of your PC’s resources (which you paid for presumably) to do work for others is no different in my mind. Given their penchant for calling people commies, I would assume they’re a boomer. The concept people could get paid for doing no physical labor agitates them internally.

>lmao
            Youre too freaking lazy to even finish your sentence too?
            Go the fuck away, you freaking dirty red. Go slurp the juice from a rotting potato.

Go to bed scrote. You’re too old to be up this late.

Anonymous

If you can get a beefy computer and I mean beefy you can run a solana node.
      https://docs.solana.com/running-validator/validator-reqs

Anonymous

Those are some pretty beefy machine specs.
        Basically a maxed out mainstream pc if we’re talking a ddr4 platform.
        What do you get for running one of these nodes?

Anonymous

you get crypto
          How much i dont know

Anonymous

From a brief skim it looks like a validator has to pay in order to be able to validate in the first place.
            And I think they get monies from validating stuff.

From where they the stuff to validate, and how much they make for validating, I don’t yet know.

But I guess it is an answer to OP’s question as to how they can make money with the pc in their bedroom, as opposed to people preferring to just use a server in a datacenter.

Anonymous

Well also data centers are good if you want a website with low requirements. But if you require something more high end you might end up paying $64 a month or so minimum.
              If the OP a server thats like 16gb, 500 gb ssd drive, and an i3 it for say $40 it could be somebody’s bargain.

Anonymous

I reckon you could host a few people if all they’re doing is running a small site or some such. Get 5 or 10 folks at $30 a month, shit man, that’d be easy money.

Anonymous

Mining crypto with gpu is as easy as it gets. Even now roi on scalped 3080s(non-lhr) are about 10 months give or take a month or two.
      I’m making approximately $8 a day mining not doing anything. I Hit ROI way back since I got them pretty early so definitely different from starting now.

Just remember to mine crypto off hype season, that’s my take away.

Anonymous

You need a decent amount of capital to get started, which I doubt you have. And most important of all, cheap electricity, so unless you have solar panels it’s not feasible

Anonymous

Who would have guessed the person posting "get a job" is a projecting NEET. I’m so shocked and surprised.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.