Logitech G502 is a shitty inferior meme mouse

Home Forums Science & tech Logitech G502 is a shitty inferior meme mouse

• This topic has 160 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 62 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

>g502
      >m1 stops working right exactly 1 month after 2 year warranty ends
      >random double clicks and sometimes won’t hold down m1
      hahahahahahahahahahahaha what a shitty freaking meme mouse are you kidding me

Anonymous

I’ve had mine for three years and it still works perfectly. Stop smashing the mouse with your fat American ogre hands, you stupid fuck.

Anonymous

Replace the switches it costs like $2 and won’t happen again because you can put ones that are actually properly rated for micro current loads. Garbage logitech engineering.

It has nothing to do with how you click. It’s an engineering design flaw with incredibly high premature failure rate.
        see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5BhECVlKJA

Anonymous

yeah, it would be pretty easy to salvage this thing with switch swap but it’s pretty frustrating when they go for omron 20Ms when they could just bump up the price for a little bit and go with kailh or ttc switches

Anonymous

they found switches that fail right after the warranty ends, causing most people to go buy another product. clearly it’s intentional.

Anonymous

Is there a mod for the mouse wheel, middle click is hard to do without side scroll being triggered, otherwise the mouse is woke af.
          The original didn’t have that problem (but the middle click was absurdly hard on that one)

Anonymous

The G502 uses a proprietary mechanism for its infinite scroll thing, utilizing an optical sensor. So modding it isn’t like other mice. They do sell entire replacements of the scroll mechanism for like $10-15 on ali (when you see how complex it is you’ll understand why) but m3 issues are most likely related to the microswitch itself.
            iirc the g502 uses one of those like 2ish mm tall 6x6mm switches for the middle click. Those switches just kinda suck and fail sometimes. I’ve had luck with some g502’s before taking them apart and just rapidly cycling or hard pressing the switch from inside. Otherwise you gotta grab a switch off ali and solder it in probably. They’re like $1.

Anonymous

>middle click is hard to do without side scroll being triggered

No, it is not. Unless you have the body coordination of a scrotebrained.

Anonymous

yea I mean I’ve taken excellent care of this mouse and I never have hardware problems in general. now I have to set right click to left click to get through the day since I don’t have a backup mouse right now.

Anonymous

You don’t even need to replace the switch. Disassemble it, polish the parts the make contact so they’re free of oxidation, optionally give the spring a slight bend so it’s a little stiffer, wa wal. Got my doubleclicking g500s back in working order and I didn’t have to solder anything or order parts.

Anonymous

>wa wal
            scrote did you just try to spell out voila but had absolutely no idea what the word even was?
            Are you 15?

Anonymous

The tl;dw of the video is that with the new and "improved" switches, the moving contacts are mechanically stiffer thus more chatter and bounce compared to the old switches with deforming contacts matched with low polling rate and longer debounce time which results to not registering the unintended double clicks. Also, old mice with cheap switches are rated at higher electrical loads and in no need of gayming software shit

Anonymous

No that’s not at all what he was saying.

Anonymous

then tell me what he was discussing at around the 55-minute mark and beyond then

Anonymous

More like what’s he’s discussing in the beginning and how to relates to what he says later. The switches in an old ass logitech and a new one are for the most part the exact same. What causes double click is accelerated wear because of improper voltage that causes oxidation and therefore debounce issues because the polling rates of modern mice is incredibly high and logic voltage low. Basically they need to use the proper switch for high polling rate mice and drive the switch current up. The stiffness has nothing to do with it. The contact deform just the same with old switches. If you look at any used old ass logitech you will see worn to fuck contacts and stiff springs but they will work regardless.

Anonymous

Why do people make these asinine posts? Are you shills? Its every single time an electronic device has a defect there are scrotebrains like you defending the company for free. This is a known issue. It has nothing to do with how you handle it. Are you also going to blame a user for having dead pixels on their completely stationary monitor? freaking idiots

Anonymous

>It’s a known issue! Trust me!! It happens to every single one!!! You must be a shill!!!!
          >hasn’t happened to a ton of people in this thread
          I know it’s fun to be a scrotebrained gay scrote, anon, but please, take a day off.

Anonymous

And it has also happened to a ton of people in this thread. Theres almost a thread everyday about it on here and even LULZ. But nice try shill.

Anonymous

>scrotebrains making threads on LULZ and LULZ
              i sleep
              >scrotebrains saying "it works for me"
              SHILL SHILL SHILL THAT CAN’T BE TRUE

Anonymous

Woke af

Anonymous

That’s why I use a cheap 4 dollar logitech mouse.
      I double clicks after 6 months, but given the cheap price I can just replace it twice a year and still would cost me less than an expensive meme mouse.

4 dollars every 6 months, that’s 40 dollars for the 5 years I’ve been doing this
      Your expensive mouse will last 5 years, but that’s 100+ dollars.

Find me a mouse that will match the value of 40 dollars : 5 years.

Protic: you can’t.

Anonymous

You’re also using a shitty mouse for 5 years compared to someone using a good mouse for 5 years. Some people care about performance and experience. Also, complaining about £100 over 5 years, what kind of poorscrotegery is this?

Anonymous

Obviously he’s not gaming if he’s using a mouse like that, but I can’t even use mice with cheap sensors like that on the desktop casually with modern high refresh rate monitors. When LCD’s sucked it didn’t bug me. Kek logitech won’t even disclose what sensor is in the mouse he posted and you can get chink mice with pixart 3325’s for like $20 all day long. Totally livable sensor if you don’t have a super sensitive mousepad.

Anonymous

Tyler1 uses the same cheap mouse as him and he can reach challenger rank in league lol.

Anonymous

You dont need a good mouse for shitty assscrotes. You dont even need a good brain.

Anonymous

You are just dumb.

I bought a G604, it gave me double click after one year.

Logitech sent me a G502 wireless as replacement.

Replaced the switches, now I have two good mouse for the price of a single one.

Anonymous

Had mine since sometime in 2015. No problems

Anonymous

Mine since 2017, no problems either. Cleaning it is a bitch though.

Anonymous

Yes, I will admit cleaning it should be much easier

Anonymous

What are you fat bastards eating near your mice? Do you just grab that thing with cheeto hands? I’ve literally maybe cleaned the scroll wheel once on all of mice and it was barely dirty.

You coomers need to wash your nasty hands

Anonymous

>own mouse for roughly 6 years
              >want to clean it at least once a year regardless of how dirty it is because normal people take care of themselves and their possessions
              >it’s a bit more annoying to disassemble and clean than it should be
              What are you on about, lil bud?

Anonymous
            Anonymous

Open it up and clean the switch you troglodyte.

ALL FIELDS
            L

F
            I
            E
            L
            D
            S

Anonymous

Cleaning the switch doesn’t fix it dim wit. It has nothing to do with the switch being "dirty" or "pressing too hard" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5BhECVlKJA

Anonymous

Works on my machine

Anonymous

>never experienced the problem
                  >problem does not exist
                  One day, it won’t.

Anonymous
                      Anonymous

version one was good, they new version sucks ass

Anonymous

>Proteus Spectrum also runs without issues.

>Proteus Core
                        If you have the stuff to do it anon can you confirm a suspicion for me? Mind testing the voltage to your switches?
                        I have a theory that the older ones with the pixart sensor were a lot closer to being within spec than the newer hero sensor models.

Anon, sure thing, I have a multi meter laying around somewhere, just tell me where to put the pins because I have no Idea what the Pinout looks like.

Anonymous

COM NO NC

Anonymous

If its even remotely somewhere in the same planet as 5v suspicions confirmed

Currently disassembling it.
                        So explain me your suspicion again, you’re saying the new ARM equiped mice are running undervolted and that is harming the switches somehow?
                        Did I get that right?

Anonymous

Modern mice run like 1 volt or below. The model of Omron in these mice are rated for 5 volt minimum. There’s a combination of things going on which causes the problem:
                        – Insufficient wetting current makes them stop self-cleaning. They’re supposed to knock off corrosion as they operate.
                        – Cheap silver plating is not as mechanically durable as gold plating. Also the switches do not use very much of it only a thin strip.
                        – Cheap design leads to the switch surfaces marring themselves up, blowing the coating off, and eventually getting direct metal to metal contact. This can be avoided with a riveted design and applying coating to a larger area. Omron makes a switch like this, rated for this purpose in their other factory. A few of them actually. They’re rather nice and it’s not Omron’s fault people are using their switches wrong.
                        – On older mice running proprietary chips etc none of that shit matters because there’s enough wetting current that your switch can look disgusting under a microscope and work just fine. This gave the switches a reputation for reliability in mice like the MX518.
                        – On newer mice they’re often under like 1 volt and this doesn’t happen. Wireless exists and nobody is making purpose built chips for a mouse. Sensors for all mice wired or not are designed around power consumption, mice use generic chips, etc. There’s reasons that are all generally ascribed to improvements in mice. It’s not planned obsolescence like some say.
                        – Much like 1990’s Hondas or something, people ascribe the reputation from the old mice to the new ones not understanding the engineering, which is a big factor why it’s not entirely logitech’s fault either that their customers want the switches.
                        – But they’re the wrong switches shouldn’t be used in modern mice and there are many better appropriate choices off the shelf that simply plug and play into existing hardware. Also opticals, but they have a ways to improve.

None of that’s theory, the theory part is

Anonymous

limit cont.

, the theory part is that the older g502’s were a lot closer to the operating spec for chinese Omrons and like the older mice, don’t give a shit how mangled the contacts get. It probably won’t be within spec but it’ll be a lot closer.
                        Which would explain why there’s always people saying they’ve had G502 a very long time with no issues when so many people do. And give the mouse’s fanboys an option to at least know that if they can find an old one deadstock it will be a G502 you can use worry free without being into modding.

Anonymous

limit cont.

, the theory part is that the older g502’s were a lot closer to the operating spec for chinese Omrons and like the older mice, don’t give a shit how mangled the contacts get. It probably won’t be within spec but it’ll be a lot closer.
                        Which would explain why there’s always people saying they’ve had G502 a very long time with no issues when so many people do. And give the mouse’s fanboys an option to at least know that if they can find an old one deadstock it will be a G502 you can use worry free without being into modding.

Alright, so I connected COM to COM and V to NO. I get a voltage of -3.27 (negative 3.27) when I don’t press the switch and it jumps to 0 voltage when I connect the switch.
                        COM to COM and V to NC I get 0.0v when I don’t click and -0.2v when I click the switch.

Confirmed for all 5 switches on the mainboard, the 3 blue switches on the daughter-board are a different type of 4 PIN switch of which I don’t know the pin-out.

Can post pictures but that’ll take a hot minute because I need someone to take the picture for me while I hold the pins down.

Anonymous

Yep that confirms it, the pixart sensor G502’s are unaffected. It’s not within rated spec but it’s at least in the same galaxy.

Anonymous

So now what? Put me in the Screencap btw, lmao.

Anonymous

We suck each other’s cocks

Anonymous

#NoHomo

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/3Q6iLjc.gif

>tfw Proteus Spectrumchad that has had a working mouse for over 4 years

Anonymous

Modern mice use 3.3v logic, which isn’t great for switch conductivity. Older ones used 5v logic, and usually at much higher current.
                        Most of the switches that cheap-ass manufacturers like Logitech use are rated for, at an absolute minimum, 100mA @ 5V. There are more suitable switches rated for 1mA @ 5V, but nobody uses those because they cost half a cent more or whatever, and the only physical difference is some gold plating that’ll probably wear through after a few tens of thousands of activations and leave you with an effectively 100mA switch anyway.
                        A Logitech G502 runs that 100mA @ 5V minimum rated switch at…under 0.1mA @ 3.3v nominal, in actual fact slightly lower voltage because of voltage drop. Yes, over 1000 times less amperage than rated, and at insufficient voltage to boot.

Also, manufacturers are too freaking lazy/stupid to connect up both the Normally Open and Normally Closed contacts

COM NO NC

, so the mouse only detects a click when NO is closed. Once you start getting shitty contact, the NO signal gets rough and starts losing connection when physically closed, leading to double click/click and drag issues. What they should be doing is hooking up both contacts, and registering a click in the microcontroller as soon as NO is detected, then holding that click no matter what until NC is received. I’ve seen people scratch off the traces on the PCB and hook up a little daughter board between the switch and the microcontroller to simulate this and it works great.

There’s a couple reason for both of these stupid decisions; the first is that they both increase power draw, which is totally irrelevant for a wired mouse, but not great for wireless battery life. The second is, of course, planned obsolescence, because if both of these techniques were used, even the cheapest, shittiest switches manufacturers could buy would last 15 years.

Anonymous

cont’d
                        I was dumb enough to buy a G502 a couple years ago, both primary switches started failing within 6 months. Got a replacement under warranty, that one also failed after about 6 months. Ended up buying a pack of Honeywell ZX10C30A01 switches from ebay for like 10 bucks, because I like the unique design (https://youtu.be/NhhRTUrz0R8?t=730), and soldering the new switches into both mice. So far the replacements have outlived the originals by a few months and are still working fine.

Oh, by the way I worked out that humidity significantly affects a failing Omron switch, so just blowing gently into the mouse through some opening like the scroll wheel will raise the humidity inside the switch enough that a failing switch will usually work correctly for about 5 minutes. I bet all these "works for me" mogoloids just have sweaty hands.

Anonymous

>>I bet all these "works for me" mogoloids just have sweaty hands.
                        >TFW I take apart my G502 and test the voltage to prove that Logitech was running older switches with better voltage
                        >Just to be called a mogoloid [sic].

Anonymous

>mogoloid
                        lol oops

I haven’t seen any proof of newer G502s running at 1v or whatever as claimed, but both of my wired G502s with the Hero sensor are still 3.3v and both of them still failed.
                        As far as I can tell, Logitech has been attempting to address the issue of failing Chinese Omron D2FC-F-K switches by replacing them with increasingly longer lifespan rated versions of the same switch, iirc they went from just "D2FC-F-K" to "D2FC-F-K (10M)" to "D2FC-F-K (20M)" to now "D2FC-F-K (50M)", and with each iteration the problem just gets worse. Physically I think the difference is that the rivet that goes in the leaf spring that actually makes contact is a little harder in each successive variant. Clearly this strategy has not been working, and indeed seems counterproductive as the newer switches prove progressively more problematic.

Anonymous

Yeah, I’m watching the Video at the moment (currenty around the 27 minute mark).

Still feels bad man.

Anonymous

[…]
                        Currently disassembling it.
                        So explain me your suspicion again, you’re saying the new ARM equiped mice are running undervolted and that is harming the switches somehow?
                        Did I get that right?

Dissambled it, ground goes to COM, but where do I put the other pin? I guess when I click it, it does to NO and to NC when I don’t click it.

Sorry, I’m no electrician and I don’t want to damage anything.

Anonymous

>Proteus Core
                      If you have the stuff to do it anon can you confirm a suspicion for me? Mind testing the voltage to your switches?
                      I have a theory that the older ones with the pixart sensor were a lot closer to being within spec than the newer hero sensor models.

Anonymous

You’re basically just slightly increasing the window before it fails again. And half the time it doesn’t work at all. What model of mouse is it? If it’s some 15 year old model like a MX518 that trick will work because they used to run purpose built chips and higher voltage. Modern mice are on arm usually now and way lower voltage/current so just cleaning the contacts won’t fix shit. The switch was out of spec and inappropriate for the application when it was made. The proper switch from Omron’s japanese factory costs the exact same as the wrong one they used.

Anonymous

Same here, best mouse I had. Absolutely no problems. Cleaning it sucks though.

Anonymous

>wanted to post thread agreeing that logitec has the best life expectency
      >pastebin is cucked
      >Pastebin’s SMART filters have detected potentially offensive or questionable content in your paste. The content you are trying to publish has been deemed potentially offensive or questionable by our filters, because of this you’re receiving this warning. This paste can only be published with the visibility set to "Private".
      freaking whatever, still the best you can get, just avoid "gamer" shit

Anonymous

I would even put Glorious durability above Logitech which is some of the worst. Logitech is quality out of the box but has poor engineering leading to incredibly high failure rates usually right outside the warranty period. Glorious you can at least tell if you got a shit unit right away and return it for a different brand lol.

Anonymous

i had the same problem
      bought alienware instead. just werks

Anonymous

New day, new post, eh Razer intern?

Anonymous

Didn’t you spend almost 8 hours promoting a brand on LULZ yesterday? Get some rest.

Anonymous

would it be so hard to make it one piece ?
      >one continuous piece with cut-outs for lights/buttons
      >gesture button in the thumb pad
      >another macro on the right click
      >wireless (already exists)
      >optical non crap switches

Anonymous

mine just works you stupid fuck

Anonymous

>One of the most widely reported electronics QC issues
        >100k combined views on youtube videos for fixing g502 double click
        >Over 11,000 posts on plebbit asking how to fix g502 double click
        >Almost 100,000 posts combining all forums
        >Entire rest of industry moving to lk opticals or kailhs or huanos or zippys etc because of the double clicking plague
        bUt mInE jUsT wOrKs

Anonymous

i have one i got at a garage sale like four years ago. all of the rubber rotted away years ago. i guess the original wired ones truly do last a long ass time

Anonymous

The anon who posted this said he’s still using it

Anonymous

I loved my G9X so much, I’m so sad it died.

Anonymous

I know I’m pooping on the G502 but if you’ll test it I just genuinely want to know if I can recommend trying to find deadstock old models alongside the basilisk ultimate when I give recommendations for that segment of people who love the G502 but hate the double clicking problem.

Anonymous

Never had any problems with mine, maybe treat it with a little more care & you wont need to keep buying different mice to find one that can withstand your gaymer rage.

Anonymous

I got mine at a thrift store for 3 dollars. I had no idea this was a super good mouse. It’s my favorite, feels good, but yes it does double click sometimes I don’t know why.

Anonymous

If you solder grab some kailh gm switches off aliexpress. There’s a lot of switches in the g502 but it’s like 10 bucks tops to put new ones all over in it.

Anonymous

If its even remotely somewhere in the same planet as 5v suspicions confirmed

Anonymous

Thanks anon arcane mouse knowledge can be hard to come by online!

Anonymous

double clicking is industry wide problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5BhECVlKJA

Xtrfy MZ1 is prone as well for example.

Anonymous

Proteus Spectrum is the same, -3.25v

Anonymous

Open the mouse. Use a Q-tip to place one drop of rubbing alcohol onto the switch. Turn it up side down and click it. Test then reassemble.

Anonymous

use contact cleaner on microswitches

Anonymous

>g
      >doesn’t have soldering iron
      >cannot replace cheap switch
      >buys new mouse
      Just kys homosexual despicable chud with crooked hands

Anonymous

Are there any good wireless mice for gaming that don’t have holes or rubber textures? All this is not good for ease of cleaning and longevity.

Anonymous

Maybe wipe the cum off your hands before using your mouse?

Anonymous

My middle mouse button stopped working. How hard is replacing switches? Do I need to solder?

Anonymous

>How hard is replacing switches?
        20 minutes with soldering iron when I replaced it 2nd time in my life.

Anonymous

>How hard is replacing switches?
        A bit harder than the OMRON switches, so not that hard.
        >Do I need to solder?
        Yes

Anonymous

is it a good or bad idea to replace the D2F-C-F-7n switches with straight-up D2F-01’s

i-it’s japanese so that means it’s good

Anonymous

Replace it with anything as long as it does clicking sounds and you can stick it into PCB

Anonymous

The D2F-01 is slightly taller.

You need to open the switch, get the blue small piece from the D2F-C-F-7 and replace the white small piece from the D2F-01.

Anonymous

Take the ball mouse pill.

Anonymous

Just replaced my switches on my G903, and while it was annoying, it’s way worth it.
      Just dive in and do it, gives you the peace of mind that you can repair and upgrade your mouse by yourself in the future.

Anonymous

I once accidentally tore off similar thingy on my Dualshock 2 clone and had to resolder it. Now that was ANNOYING, especially considering I can’t solder shit.

Anonymous

I’m pretty used to soldering from keyboards, but I agree that it can be dick inverting knowing you can fuck up your mouse/controller if you do something like damage the PCB

Anonymous

g502 hero is a piece of shit, my non-hero g502 (4~5 years old at this point) freaking outlived it

Anonymous

>tfw can solder
      >solder all the time
      >actually quite good at soldering
      >can’t use wick
      i don’t understand
      it just doesn’t work for me

Anonymous

You bought chinky wick. Douse it with flux and apply a decent amount of pressure. Chinks don’t put flux on their works and they don’t freaking work.

Anonymous

when my original one started to doubleclick i took it apart and fixed the switches by lifting the small metal tab inside them, didnt even touch the soldering iron, look it up on google, takes less than a hour

Anonymous

Is this an amerifat thing? I got a shitload of decent brand mouses and not a single problem over the years. Only my deathadder from 2010 got a click malfunction in 2015.

Anonymous

if you’ve bought a lot of mice you never used any one single mouse that much

Anonymous

Mfw G604 had double click issues out the box

Anonymous

Moved to a (Ducky) MK Typist Keyboard and Ducky Feather mouse last year. Both have been great.

Not sure why the Feather doesn’t get talked about more. Might be the most comfortable mouse I’ve used, ever.

Anonymous

>g400
      >still works after 10 years
      >no sign of it ever breaking
      I remember when it was shilled everywhere on LULZ and I’m glad I fell for it.

Anonymous

logitech has a lifetime warranty on double clicking

Anonymous

it does not, no

Anonymous

well they replaced my g700 2 years out of warranty for free

Anonymous

>exactly 1 month after 2 year warranty ends
      logitech doesn’t care about warranty period, just contact support, they’ll probably send something out without even asking for a receipt
      get over your phobia of talking to people

Anonymous

[…]

Did you not freaking read out the box? I bought the G604 when it first released.

Anonymous

Unironically only buy electronics at best buy with their protection plan. At the end of the term I just give them it back and they give me a gift card for the amount I paid for the product. Then I buy a new one or something different. And if it breaks before well then I’m covered.

Anonymous

This is a common issue with that model. Lots of pages dedicated showing you how to clean it.

Anonymous

just open it and put a drop of contact cleaner on the switches

Anonymous

But the kailh GM 8.0

Anonymous

I’ve had excellent luck with my G502, but I just recently bought their G600 MMO mouse for FFXIV and what a piece of shit.

Their website advertises that it uses the Ghub software. It is not compatible with Ghub because the mouse is freaking old and out of date. I tried three times to open Ghub with the mouse plugged in, and each time it crashed my computer. So I had to find and install their older Logitech Gaming Software. Why? Because despite advertising "on the fly DPI switching," you can only change the DPI with software, and the default DPI is something like 400.

But if I leave the software running outside of XIV, it causes strange issues where the right click and middle click don’t function properly. And it caused a DirectX crash in XIV because somehow my audio device was changed from my speakers TO THE freaking MOUSE.

Anonymous

>logtiech
      >hears windows usb disconnect/reconnect once every 10-30 mins all day 24/7 235/yr

Anonymous

>buy someone else’s used g502 off amazon for $45
      >scroll wheel stops working
      >logitech still sends me free replacement

>5 years later it still works
      >technically never had a legit warranty anyways

Anonymous

Dude, just get used to buying a new mouse every 2-3 years. They always do this.

Anonymous

>buy a G Pro in 2017
      >double click
      >rma
      >get another one
      >double clicks
      >rma in 2018 and get a 502 hero
      >2019 to 2020
      >double click
      >still using
      >starts double click on the two buttons
      >fuck this shit
      >breaks the mouse on the wall
      Fuck Logitech! I will never buy another Logitech mice!

Anonymous

I forgot
        >buy a G9 in 2008
        >I used it until 2016~2017 when it started to have a double click problem
        So, what in the fuck Logitech has become?

Anonymous

Imagine being on LULZ and not knowing how to solder.

Anonymous

Something similar happened to both my razer deathadder. I’ll just get either a properly manufactured zowie next time, or the cheapest mouse i can find. Probably the zowie though, I’m spoiled by good sensors.

Anonymous

if it’s old deathadders then it’s the same issue with new logitech mice since they both have omron20Ms. Don’t get zowies anymore, get Vaxee Zygen since it’s the same guys that designed zowies just in a new company

Anonymous

>wired mice in 2021
      shiggery diggery

Anonymous

Your GPW will doubleclick on you even sooner

Anonymous

You know, I’ve had plenty of mice throughout my adventures, but I’ve only had cheap ones fail. Double click, right click not working, or scroll wheel failure. No name brand mice. Mice over $100 have N E V E R failed. I’d say maybe even ones over $50, but I don’t know. Magic Mouse has been the most durable. Not sure how much credit you want to give to a mouse that has the entire top as a single clickable button though. Kinda hard to fail, huh?

Anonymous

Two years ago I bought a g pro wireless. It was new and shortly after release. It started double clicking in 3 days. Three freaking days. Not even a week.
          >People still have issues with it and the superlight years later
          Why is Logitech scrotebrained?

Anonymous

>R.A.T. 7 my dad bought for me without knowing any better bites the dust
      >Buy a cougar 550m because there was a flash sale on it for some reason
      >6 years later, dozens of flights, thousands upon thousands of hours of use
      >it just works

second best 50CAD I’ve spent on tech after take the 720p pill to extend the life of my GPU.

Anonymous

Just impulse bought a razer orochi for $65aud ($45usd, rrp here is $115aud)

What should I expect? I’m a bit concerned about the battery. How often will I need to buy batteries and will it still be lightweight with an eneloop battery?

Never owned a wireless mouse, are you supposed to switch them off when not using them? And when they are rated for 450 hours, does that mean 450 hours worth of clicks and moving. Or as in I will need to change batteries every 18 days (450/24hrs>

Anonymous

what $90 custom skin did you consoom ?

Anonymous

None. You can get custom skins? Because I really wouldn’t mind something without the razer logo

Anonymous

Wireless mice go to sleep after about a minute. No need to worry about turning them off. Most modern wireless mice have good battery life if you don’t turn on RGB. You can expect about at least a month of heavy use before you get the low battery blip. Depending on the mice you can stretch that to 3 months.

Anonymous

On this topic, does Logitech not have USB-C peripherals? The Logitech G Pro X line, both keyboard and mouse, are Micro USB?! I understand if it just happened for the Pro, but you’d think the UPGRADED Pro X lineup would feature USB-C. What a stupid freaking """"""""""""""PRO"""""""""""""" lineup.

Anonymous

Take the optical pill

Anonymous

I did, and it’s comfy

Anonymous

>G502
      >still works perfectly after 5+ years of use
      Can’t replicate the problem on my end

Anonymous

same here

Anonymous

Have you tried using a mouse that looks less gay?

Anonymous

I have optical switches on my mouse, what is double click?

Anonymous

You dont need more if you don’t have gamer rage.

Anonymous

I have an OG 502 I bought in 2014; I’ve used it for thousands of hours without fault, I love this thing.

Was thinking about upgrading to the lightspeed now that a charger dock is out for that, but this thread has made me hesitant that it might not be as well built as the original.

Anonymous

it’s much better built overall and the wireless/battery is amazing, you just need to swap out the switches when they break.

Anonymous

Neat, amazed that Logitech couldn’t put out their own dock for it though and the aftermarket had to do it for them.

Anonymous

it’ll probably be the next "must buy" minor upgrade to the model at a $50 premium in a year or two

Anonymous

Nah they want people to use their wireless charging matts, which are garbage.

Anonymous

I’ve only had this problem with my Deathadder 2013, G052 is still fine for the moment. Blowing humid air underneath doesn’t seem to help M1/M2 not holding down at times. I just don’t want to tear out these slick stickers underneath the mouse.

Anonymous

>buy g502 from walmart
      >breaks
      >buy another one, same one
      >switcharoo
      >return it, claim it doesn’t work with my machine
      >rinse and repeat

Anonymous

walmart is the best for this, just don’t try it with a 3rd party reseller because they will check the serials

Anonymous

>tfw just bought a superlight yesterday
      >already feel the left click is getting worse
      wtf bros

Anonymous

you can always replace the swtches

Anonymous

should I order them now, in advance or something? I can solder well but my experience taking apart things like mice or controllers is that usually I fuck them up permanently

Anonymous

im not sure havent done it myself but was thinking about it

Anonymous

>but my experience taking apart things like mice or controllers is that usually I fuck them up permanently
            Use guitar picks, you troglodyte.

Anonymous

I mean what happens is that I try to force whatever shit they have open like that and then it’s just snap city

Anonymous

I have really big hands and use a standing setup so I need my mouse to be wireless. The current mouse I have is just too small for my hand and it causes my hand to be in a lot of pain from it. What are your thoughts on vertical mice? I’ve heard they are much better for your hand. My main concern is that it would be hard to play video games with one. If not a vertical mouse, any recommendations for a good ergonomic mouse meant for people with large hands?

Anonymous

I have large hands and I’ve never found a mouse that actually fits my hand so just gave up and switched to light mouses

Anonymous

never buy a mouse that looks like batman would own it

Viewing 62 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id