Learn Rust. NOW.

Home Forums Science & tech Learn Rust. NOW.

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Learn Rust. NOW.

Rust is a fast, concurrent, compiled language in the spirit of C and C++. Rust offers many unique features and its core ideas, like ownership and mutability, are some of the best ideas that I’ve ever seen in my life.

Anonymous

no tail call optimization, no good
      I’ll stick with F#

Anonymous

>using the microshaft version instead of real ocaml
        cyanide. now

Anonymous

>using a single core because your garbage collector is bad
          seethe

Anonymous

>what is fork
            >what is mmap

Anonymous

>no tail call optimization, no good
        cargo build –release
        You’ll get your TCO.

Anonymous

>im too stupid to make a loop

Anonymous

>no tail call optimization,
        So what does this cluster fuck do for recursive functions that are tail recursive, genuine question.

Anonymous

rust is imperative, get over it
          do your CPS stuff in a proper FP language

Anonymous

I don’t need something in the spirit of C. I already have C.
      >C++ is a bloated piece of shit with garbage educational material.
      >Rust tries to be a better C/C++ but manages worse performance and makes up for shitty programmers by bringing in its own GC and memory safety.

Anonymous

>its own GC
        the last time rust had a gc you were still sucking your mom’s tits

Anonymous

Already did.

Insanely woke af

Anonymous

still am

Anonymous

> Rust
        > GC
        Its amazing. The people that hate Rust the most somehow know the least about it.

Anonymous

your mentally ill delusions aren’t fooling anybody else. rust does have gc. and women don’t have penises.

Anonymous

I think that statement is true generally

Anonymous

But I don’t WANT more python nodeJS abstraction shit. I want just a regular programming languages like C or C++ lmao.

I don’t want to keep going in reverse.

This

Anonymous

for the nth time RUST. DOES. NOT. HAVE. A GC
          that’s why it’s very easy to call C, C++ or fortran from rust

Anonymous

But what is my main argument? its that I don’t want more abstractions. I want to move towards C not away from it.

Operating systems are built in C. Every bit of microcode I’d imagine is too. Its the foundation and everything else is extra.

You could make an argument that its all linkers and compilers and language constructs. Why then is it that we end up with C components in languages like Rust and Python then? Interoperability? Bullshit. C is faster/is the core man.

The guy who built the LLVM that does the work for Rust works at Apple on Swift now. IMO he was what made Rust have anything tangible. Babbys first frameworks populating the crates package manager is no different than framework of the month syndrome in NPM/javascript.

Im good man. I want to be able to write and build artifacts that are blackbox and are as low level as possible now.

Anonymous

>C components in Rust
              the fuck are you talking about

Anonymous

>But what is my main argument? its that I don’t want more abstractions. I want to move towards C not away from it.
              >Operating systems are built in C. Every bit of microcode I’d imagine is too. Its the foundation and everything else is extra.
              The need for "more abstractions" is caused by C being shit. That entire "foundation" is broken. As C became more popular, everything became worse. Slower, buggier, less powerful, and more bloated.

Anonymous

sane & same

Anonymous

I have. Rust and C++ are my favorite languages. Rust for an investment in the future, C++ for now. Fuck scrotes

Anonymous

I will stick with the first programming language i decided to learn recently thank you.

Anonymous

I’ve been told I’m not welcome in the rust communities. I don’t have any problem with the language itself, seems decent enough, but I’m not going to invest lots of time into a programming ecosystem where I can’t interact with the community.

Anonymous

maybe next time don’t come in sperging about trans people

Anonymous

I didn’t say anything about trans people. I called something scrotebrained, which supposedly is "ablerist" or some such bullshit. Anyways, I’ve seen such people before, pearl-clutching puritan burger-scrotebrains. You can be as snarky and mean spirited as you want as long as you do it passively-aggressively and along the lines of whatever arbitrary moral guidelines the community press-gang enforces at the moment. No thanks.

Anonymous

real men learn to program by themselves

Anonymous

I guess you’re a bit fresh to this and I like your attitude in general, but the problem isn’t learning a language, that takes a couple of weeks. The problem comes when sometime down the line you will have to interact with the community in some way, if only to report a bugfix or something.

Anonymous

not new
            just open a pull request and be professional
            no need to mention the nwo plot to turn frogs gay and aggravate teenagers having mental problems because they didn’t have a father growing up

Anonymous

No, I’ve already been told I’m not welcome in the rust community so how can there be any pull requests. No idea what’s going on with your strawman of gay frogs, but you do you.

Anonymous

how exactly did that happen

Anonymous

Already explained that.

Anonymous

Did they really permanently ban your github profile from contributing because of you calling a thing scrotebrained?

Anonymous

No of course not. I’m quite able to "sneak" myself back into the community. But I’m not going to do that when I’ve been told I’m not welcome. It’s the principle of the thing.

Anonymous

I see. Fuck trannies I suppose

Anonymous

Personally I don’t have anything against trannies, but I don’t accept being thought/speech policed in that way.

Anonymous

>I guess you’re a bit fresh
            >The problem comes when sometime down the line you will have to interact with the community in some way, if only to report a bugfix or something.
            I’ve been programming in Rust for few years. I’ve contributed to open source projects, submitted issues, discussed Rust’s internals in their IRC, and nothing unpleasant happened. Not even /poo/tard trigger fuel like some random member having pronouns in their nick.

What bad experiences did you exactly had with this community you are talking about?

Anonymous

(((they))) want (((us))) to not use rust. That is the complete and utter truth. The superior straight man is being pushed awya from rust, which is proof that we should rebel and take over the trannies.

Anonymous

Lol no concurrency

Anonymous

You’re thinking of OCaml.

Anonymous

>Learn Rust. NOW.
      Already did.

Anonymous

Sorry, but I’m not trans.

Anonymous

Neither am I, but I still program in Rust.

Anonymous

Anon knows about the pipeline

Anonymous

I can get 90% of the execution speed with 80% less development time and only 20% greater memory usage while automatically making myself 637% more employable.

Anonymous

do you scrotebrains have pattern matching yet

Anonymous

Just a if-else with syntactic sugar

Anonymous

Not true by the way

Anonymous

Prove it.

Anonymous

will do if thread stays alive in a couple of hours but I’m busy rn

Anonymous
              Anonymous

in Go this is just
              if len(slice) == 0 {
              fmt.Println("empty")
              } else if len(slice) == 1 {
              fmt.Println("one")
              } else {
              fmt.Println(slice[0], slice[len(slice)-1])
              }

if len(slice) > 0 {
              if slice[len(slice)-1] == "1" {
              fmt.Println("!!!")
              } else if slice[len(slice)-1] == "z" {
              fmt.Println(slice[:len(slice)-1])
              } else if slice[0] == "a" {
              fmt.Println(slice[1:])
              } else {
              fmt.Println(slice)
              }

if len(slice) > 1 {
              fmt.Println(slice[len(slice)-2])
              }

//no tuples

Anonymous

if chains aren’t exhaustive

Anonymous

C and C++ have much more developed ecosystems than Rust. C has been around for a very long time and has a lot of use in low-level stuffs, most notably the Linux kernel. Rust is Mozilla crap with a nasty community that acts as a solution to shitty programmers. I can’t see it gaining adoption for major projects already written in C or C++.

Anonymous

>slow compilation times
      >low readability
      >high learning curve makes it hard to onboard others
      >bloated
      >machines, programming, and the real world are inherently unsafe. Rust inversed this principle so you are working with a delusional, backwards model of reality
      Only use Rust if you don’t value your time

Anonymous

>write 50kloc of C++
        >you’re a genius so the thing almost never segfaults
        >overworked
        >boss hires junior pajeet to help you
        >pajeet’s code corrupts memory, causing weird segfaults no one knows where because no memory safety
        >most of the backtraces involve your code
        >boss tells you that your code quality dropped since they hired pajeet

Anonymous

Very similar thing happened to me when a pajeet scrote forcibly broke const rules, the very reason I made the parameter a const so that pajeets can’t break it, yet he still bonked up by const casts and memsets. Somehow I got blamed lol.

Anonymous

Low readability compared to what? . It’s a pleasure to read compared to C++

Anonymous

lol

Anonymous

Explain yourself scrote or admit you’ve never used C++ outside of hello world tier shit

Anonymous

> and the real world are inherently unsafe.
        C Nile cope is getting more amazing everyday

Anonymous

Already did and the compiler is so helpful.

s a g e

no

Anonymous

Sorry but I am not a trannie scrote.

Anonymous

Learn C++
      Learn C
      Install KDE
      Install Debian

Anonymous

Interesting, I didn’t know twitter commies hated GNU and Linux. Why do they want to defend corporate interests?

Anonymous

>Learn Rust. NOW.
      Dilate. NOW.

Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anonymous

i hate rust so much, i wish it would die in a fire, along with all the trannies who use it.

Anonymous

I actually quite like rust – the community is absolute cancer though. One of you needs to start a LULZ rust IRC for people who like the language but don’t want to put up with the chud-infested ‘mainstream’ rust community

Anonymous

I agree. Rust is cool and all, but too many vocal lefty chud types have too much to say. The CoC was suppose to prevent scrotebrained politics in the language, not enforce it.

Anonymous

>politics were supposed to prevent politics
          did you even read their CoC scrotebrain? Something you’d take out straight from the ass of an actual politician or a gnomish lawyer, someone good at it was paid to write it

Anonymous

No, I have read this code of conduct. The purpose of such guidelines is to create a social structure where people are afraid to speak their minds and turn over their discernment to the collective. The rules and definitions are somewhat vague on purpose. Is this joke you’re telling too offensive, or is it within the parameters? Who knows, maybe it is today, maybe it isn’t tomorrow. If you say something is stupid, is that "ablerist"? Is it offensive towards the stupid? Perhaps, perhaps not. What about "bald faced lie" and the poor bald people? Are you being offensive in the correct way, which is passive aggressive and snarky, but not specifically touching on the specific, arbitrary points that are "offensive" by the changing definitions?

Suddenly all sorts of random colloquialisms and figures of speech is something that gets you a reaction where several people begin a sort of "struggle session" with you to "teach" you how to conform to the collective. And perhaps it’s tolerable to you today, but who knows what they will do tomorrow? People who have found this power of pushing individuals around and feel powerful as the "wolf pack" does never relinquish this power. They need to push it further to get their fix.

Never engage with such groups. They end up like cults.

Anonymous

take your meds schizo

Anonymous

Whatever. Maybe you should cut back on the meds. You’re probably young and think this is very new and novel, but I have seen this things before.

Anonymous

Rust is a cargo cult.

The Falcon
        Anonymous

mmm all those C and C++ libraries available for consumption

suhweet

Anonymous

have fun figuring out which thread context the library uses for callbacks or whether you’re supposed to delete this object yourself or if the segfault you got was because you passed a sizeof in bytes instead of an array size or…

Anonymous

I just read the documentation because I’m not mentally ill

Anonymous

>C, Python, Java above Javascript
        Yeah, that’s bullshit.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/8ijcYM1.gif

Everything under Top 10 is shovelware trash in this list, change my mind

Anonymous

>visual basic
          >javascript
          >php
          >not shovelware trash
          good programming languages tend not to be popular for the same reason spoken constructed languages tend to be unpopular: no one speaks them. It says nothing about the quality of the language. After all, English is widely spoken despite having incredibly inconsistent pronunciations (for example, ghoti can be pronounced the same as "fish"). English became popular because of the British Empire, not because it’s a good language. Java is popular because oracle spent a lot of money on advertising, C is popular because it came along at the right time and was easier than assembly, C++ is popular because it improved upon C and maintained backwards compatibility, JavaScript because it lucked into being the only language you can run in a web browser. They got popular because of historical accident, whereas a well designed language like Rust can languish in obscurity despite being objectively vastly superior to its competitors.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/Z4Bm5Ij.gif

>ghoti can be pronounced the same as "fish"
            gas the intellectuals

Anonymous

>English became popular because of the
            1611 Authorized Version translation of the Bible authorized by the english king James, with spellings regularized in 1769

Anonymous

How can someone cope this hard lmao

Anonymous

>VB more popular than JS
        lmao anon you are funny

Anonymous

Why did Fortran leapfrog so high?

Anonymous

because tiobe is utterly meaningless garbage and three people posted fortran shit on HN

Anonymous

PASCAL IS STILL IN IT BABYYYYY

Anonymous

I started using Go as a replacement for Python in many places for my personal projects. Then recent tried Rust on a whim for one of them after running into some problems with incompetent memory management in the Go wrapper for a library causing segfaults. Rust ended up being a much better developer experience, even with longer build times the other parts of the language make up for it. Go should be a better developer experience but it was designed by people still living in the 80s when they were relevant. Not that it’s all wins for Rust, but the language has just been better designed.

Probably the most embarrassing thing of the direct Rust vs Go comparison is that Rust’s channels are all better than Go’s channels. Go’s channels are a bit faster because they’re simplistic, but channels are always going to be slower than just using locks directly so there should be some focus on ergonomics. Go’s channel ergonomics are freaking trash. All Rust channel implementations have moved to returning Errors on send/receive if all receivers/senders have been dropped. None of this "panic on nil
      or "hang forever" bullshit.

Anonymous

It’s core ideas are trash.

Anonymous

I already spent 2 years trying to give it a chance but I’ve been constantly hitting roadblocks due to how immature its ecosystem is and recently went back to C++, I wish I could get my time back, but I’m content with objective truth to myself about the evil of the trannies and why everything they touch turns to blood thinned shit.

Anonymous

did anybody here write that multithreaded rust code that decodes a message using a grid of # in one file and a grid of characters in another file? there may have been some simd optimizations in there as well. was cool code and hoping to see it again to learn from.

Anonymous

Turns out Rust is better in yet another respect, compared to C: compiled binary size.

Anonymous

You could disable libc at that point and write raw assembly using asm!.

Anonymous

>loop{} on panic
        Why would you do this?

Anonymous

This code example never actually panics, so it is irrelevant what the panic_handler does.
          The ! return type is the never type. You can’t create an instance of it, which means the function never returns.
          So the easiest way to provide a panic_handler implementation is to make it an endless loop. There is also an abort intrinsic, but intrinsics are unstable so you ca’t use them from a stable compiler.

Anonymous

>compiled binary size
        Hello world is 10 megabytes and 3 megabytes stripped…

Anonymous

Rust is so fugly and unwieldy that getting used to its idiosyncrasies is just as annoying as in C++, which largely eliminates the benefit.
      >muh safety
      I’ll use Boehm GC or whatever if I need to.

Anonymous

you’ll use a GC, what about the libs you link to

Anonymous

It’s a drop in for malloc/free. The point is to be real world usable.

Anonymous

lol
            how will you trace all GC roots when C code can do whatever the fuck it wants to pointers, such as saving them to floppy as ebcdic records

Anonymous

I’ll solve this problem by not using shit libraries, which is impossible in Rust where 3/4 of the ecosystem is alpha quality because the devs got bored and quit the language 2 years ago.

Anonymous

muh I only use high quality code written by virgins
                ONE wrong byte
                that’s all it takes to causes a memory-corrupting bug in your C code
                that’s why large C code bases never have been and will never be bug free

Anonymous

I never said I don’t make mistakes. Valgrind exists for a reason.

Anonymous

think of rust as automatically running valgrind for a hundred trillion billion years exercising all code paths and possibilities

Anonymous

Then it turns out some idiots overused unsafe in half of your libraries to speed them up, and replacing them takes more work than using C++ would have been because C++ libraries have the maturity advantage.

Anonymous

Sounds like whataboutism, what kind of libraries have half of them written in unsafe brackets?

Unsafe is not inherently bad, it’s great it can be contained in the smallest place possible, instead of everything being unsafe by default.

Anonymous

"If used responsibly" is the most meaningless phrase of all time.
                        I really want to like Rust but it’s simply not going to get people to drop C++ when it’s just as gross and weirdly designed. People prefer the horseshit they’re familiar with.

Anonymous

doesn’t matter
                        the pajeet argument applies
                        you tell pajeet to not use unsafe, easy enough to check
                        THEN if it crashes it’s your fault

Anonymous

This kind of ultimate
                        >I’ll die eventually, so might aswell kill myself now
                        thinking is what’s wrong with people. More better is objectively better than none.

Anonymous

>ONE wrong byte
                  Even in an extremely safe language, a dependently typed one even, you could still have memory corrupting problem due to a cosmic ray flipping the wrong bit. It’s better not to have "safe" languages at all, because safety doesn’t exist in a radioactive universe. We should use unsafe languages and write dangerous code in the knowledge that anything could catastrophically fail at any time. Nothing that can’t fail without killing people should be controlled directly by a computer. If a computer can fire the missiles you’ve already lost, it should be a mechanical system operated by a person.

Won’t just enum suffice?
                  Enums in rust are basically a tagged unions that can contain multiple types.
                  Eg:
                  https://docs.rs/serde_json/1.0.68/serde_json/enum.Value.html

Enums can be used for something similar, but notice that the polymorphic return type of out is a. The type information in a value of Proxy a is preserved unlike in a sum type, so returning a tagged union of Int, Bool and String would not be the same thing. The type signature of this would look like
                  fn out<T> (_: Proxy<T>) -> T

in Rust.
                  You get a similar type signature for taking the head of a list which is easy enough in rust, so I’m sure Rust’s type system is expressive enough for this.

Anonymous

>it’s okay to write junk cosmic neutroooons flip bits anyway

Anonymous

>fn out<T> (_: Proxy<T>) -> T
                    Alright. You can accomplish this in two ways. You can create a generic trait with Foo<T> that had method fn out(_: Proxy) -> T, (or just use Into<T> trait) and write a procedural macro that implements it for each enum variant type.

Or you can use Box<dyn Any> that has this functionality out of the box using downcast<T> method and can contain any type(‘static).

btw, exapanding further on […]
                    out is monomorphized at compile time, unlike with an enum since the tag is checked at runtime and unlike […] which is just a dynamic type check.

>out is monomorphized at compile time, unlike with an enum since the tag is checked at runtime and unlike

check’d

else {} is not exhaustive?
                    In Go this is just
                    switch c.(type) {
                    case int:
                    c = 4
                    case bool:
                    c = true
                    case string:
                    c = "hello"
                    } which is just a dynamic type check.
                    But how can you know in runtime what type does this proxy carry? Is your proxy actually just a container like:
                    struct Foo<T>(T);

If so and if you want to implement some functionality only for specific T, you can just
                    impl Foo<String> {

}

Anonymous

Proxy doesn’t contain anything, its type parameter is a phantom. It’s a bit like a static enum I guess. The example I gave is not really useful (well, I suppose you could use it for function overloading, but typeclasses/traits are a better way to do this). This kind of thing is actually quite useful in type-level programming and can do things typeclasses/traits can’t in more sophisticated examples.

Anonymous

So, do you just want something like Default trait?

Anonymous

>It’s better not to have "safe" languages at all, because safety doesn’t exist in a radioactive universe. We should use unsafe languages and write dangerous code in the knowledge that anything could catastrophically fail at any time.
                    Maybe a couple trillion bit flips might magically make C work.

Anonymous

boehm replaces the allocator. libraries will use it too.

Anonymous

no, i don’t think i will

Anonymous

why isn’t there something like openframeworks/libcinder/globject for rust? At most you find nannou but that just gives you raw wgpu and not the nice abstractions (also it takes ages to compile).

Anonymous

That’s what’s stopping me from maining Rust
        Might as well use Haskell’s GLOSS

Anonymous

why are trannies such authoritarians? always trying to force others to do things

Anonymous

Imagine if you cut off your dick to fit in with your scrote friends on discord, you’d be butthurt and looking to take it out on someone as well.

Anonymous

for the vast majority of programs js is perfectly fine and it has the advantage of also being used on the web

Anonymous

Who and what the fuck is Matz doing?

Anonymous

The Joy of Programming

Anonymous

What an awful diagram, I’ve no idea how to interpret it

Anonymous

huh?
        Rust is faster than C on 7/10 benchmarks on benchmark game
        why has this got Rust apparently slower than C?

Anonymous

at worst it’s 2% slower because it’s 100% correct
          most C code doesn’t handle UTF-8 or long file name edge cases or properly check return codes, hence the endless exploits

Anonymous

>benchmarking diagram without sources or references

seems legit

Anonymous

Not him, and haskell because I’m not sure how to do this in Rust, but here’s an example of pattern matching that cannot be replaced with if-else statements
      {-# LANGUAGE GADTs #-}
      {-# LANGUAGE FlexibleInstances #-} — needed for Eq instance

data Proxy a where
      PInt :: Proxy Int
      PBool :: Proxy Bool
      PString :: Proxy String

out :: Proxy a -> a
      out c = case c of
      PInt -> 4
      PBool -> True
      PString -> "hello world!"

It’s probably possible to do something similar in Rust with associated types, but I’m not sure.
      We could try and do this with if-else statements and get a compiler error.
      instance Eq (Proxy Int) where _ == _ = True
      instance Eq (Proxy Bool) where _ == _ = True
      instance Eq (Proxy String) where _ == _ = True

out’ :: Proxy a -> a
      out’ c =
      if c == PInt then
      else if c == PBool then
      True
      else "hello"

This approach can’t work, because the compiler can’t know that c can be compared to something of type Proxy Int, when c’s type is Proxy a for some a which could be Int, String or Bool. In general, pattern matching gives the compiler more information about types, and not only that be it results in a compiler error (in rust) or warning (in haskell) if you don’t cover all possibilities in a pattern match expression, which if-else expressions can’t

Anonymous

>Learn Rust. NOW.
      Not a pedo.
      I don’t have petabytes of CP on remote inaccessible disks.
      I’m not mentally ill.
      Not planning on cutting off my dick, ever.
      >You’ll never pass as a woman, ever.
      >You’ll never, ever have a period
      >You’ll never, biologically speaking, give birth to a child.
      >You’ll suicide and join the other 41%.
      >You’ll never be a woman, ever.

Anonymous

Im sick and tired of y’all telling yourself that the language(s) you know are the best.

Admit they all have pros and cons, that they are good for different things, and that they are not prefect. There is no language of the future that will replace everything else.

Tips for language stans: learn and *use* multiple languages.
      You don’t have to be able to write compile time tetris from memory.

DIVERSIFY AND MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL!

For example I know:
      * C++, Java, Python, JS, and Go very well
      * C, C#, Rust, PHP, and Swift enough to do jobs in it

At my current job, I do like 85% Java but I still have to do things in Python, JS, Rust, and C/C++ all the time.

Once you know like 2 or 3, you can learn them really quickly, and them as you have a use for them, dont try to build a webserver in C or an embedded system in Swift.

Anonymous

I know twice as many languages as you and maybe I can’t tell which one is the best I am 100% sure Go is shit with no pros.

Anonymous

Tf image u want me to put?
          >The Lisp Alien?

Anonymous
        Anonymous

it’s not about "learn only rust and nothing else"
        learning to use rust and understanding lifetimes and why you get borrow checked will make you a better programmer
        it’s about morons that get cucked by the rust compiler, then going back to shit they already know "because they already know how to write safe code", missing the point that no, they do not

Anonymous

Rust is for "programmers" who got filtered by memory management – the most important thing a programmer should ever know how to do.

Anonymous

imagine being this freaking oblivious holy shit

Anonymous

don’t worry, sub-kloc brainlets cannot understand

Anonymous

t. filtered one

Anonymous

haven’t something like 41% of their language developers killed themselves since the beginning of the project?
      I’ll stick with c++

Anonymous

Rust ftw

Anonymous

Someone please, without meming, tell me the benefits of learning this language, for someone completely new to programming after learning python. I heard it’s only good for crypto jobs and microcontrollers (don’t know what that last thing is).

Like why should I learn this? I got a free course offer to learn this and haven’t picked it up yet since I don’t know what’s the appeal. Someone please spoon feed me.

Anonymous

>Someone please, without meming, tell me the benefits of learning this language
        It’s more efficient than C (less code, less RAM, faster, smaller binaries). It prevents a lot of common bugs. Firefox uses it. Amazon and other big companies are looking at it because it’s a big improvement over C/C++.

Anonymous

>It’s more efficient than C (less code, less RAM, faster, smaller binaries). It prevents a lot of common bugs. Firefox uses it. Amazon and other big companies are looking at it because it’s a big improvement over C/C++.
          Is it used for everything though? Like all things, not just crypto and microcontrollers? Because that’s a common theme and reason I see people take it up for

Anonymous

None of that was true btw. It’s a shitty mishmash of features taken from other languages, more RAM usage, slower, significantly larger binaries (a hello world is 3 megabytes), and every rust crate is amateurish and full of bugs.

Anonymous

>None of that was true btw. It’s a shitty mishmash of features taken from other languages, more RAM usage, slower, significantly larger binaries (a hello world is 3 megabytes), and every rust crate is amateurish and full of bugs.
              So no point of learning it then?

Anonymous

Not until it improves quite a bit. If I was forced to choose a new language in the same vein, I’d probably go with D instead.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Just use one of the many other 0.0.1-alpha rust game engines sis.

Or realise that rust is the ultimate rugpull lang and stick with languages/engines that have actual proven longevity.

Anonymous

Stop promoting Rust to scrotebrained cniles.
      I don’t want them in Rust community.

Anonymous

I actually considered learning rust but because of how shilled it is here I decided I’m better off learning another compiled language

Anonymous

when will you join the 41%, chud chud?

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.