It’s time to accept that the age of constant upgrades is over. Modern CPUs offer nothing new.

Home Forums Science & tech It’s time to accept that the age of constant upgrades is over. Modern CPUs offer nothing new.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

It’s time to accept that the age of constant upgrades is over. Your modern CPU offers nothing over a decade old CPU. Progress has stalled and caring about percentage point gains is a meaningless waste of money.

Posted from a decade old computer that does everything your expensive modern device does

Anonymous

have a nice day

Anonymous

woke af vintage appreciator, everything new that mankind shat out is pozzed. Rather maintain the stuff that i already have.

Anonymous

2500K is already out of date friend. It’ll not be long until mainstream applications require AVX2 support, but current and upcoming security standards already make your platform completely obsolete.
      Low-end, modern CPUs spank the crap of that aging 2500K. Your motherboard is going to going the biting the dust

Anonymous

>It’ll not be long until mainstream applications require AVX2 support, but current and upcoming security standards already make your platform completely obsolete.
        this entire sentence is consoomer babble and doesn’t mean anything. step the fuck up scrote

Anonymous

>This much seething cope and denial
          Dilate harder
          Planned obsolescence has been built from the start. Your old-ass 2500K is no exception. You’ll rage hard and be all "sour grapes" when some upcoming mainstream app that you want to use cannot run on your old-ass 2500K.
          2500K already cannot do any serious professional workload that requires heavy computing power.

Anonymous

>2500K already cannot do any serious professional workload that requires heavy computing power.
            Oh look, the Graphic Designer™ who does Heavy Video Editing™ and Physics Simulations™ spends all day on LULZ bashing the owners of never obsolete CPUs. Bit weird don’t you think?

Anonymous

Can’t hear you over my massive computing power and shit-postting on a mongolian basket-waving board has trivial overhead. Your old-ass 2500K struggles when you throw any modern game at it while trying to do sort of multi-tasking.
              You will never be a women. That fate was decided by your daddy’s gametes.

Anonymous

i2500K here, playing 1440p Destiny 2 with all maxxed at 60fps+ (and I know it’s not a current game but I really don’t have any current gen games)

Anonymous

>t.

Anonymous

>Unironically a RGB-loving zoomer made this post

Anonymous

>going to going the
        Too bad about the typo. Post disregarded.

Anonymous

recently switched to ryzen after my trusty i5 750 died last month after 12 years, i’m sad

Anonymous

Yep, 6-7 series-era motherboards are going to start running into longevity issues. Getting a replacement board makes little fiscal sense and it simply cheaper/easier to upgrade to a low-end platform that easily outpaces it.

Anonymous

>Getting a replacement board makes little fiscal sense and it simply cheaper/easier to upgrade to a low-end platform that easily outpaces it.
          This really grinds my gears. I have an older system with a i5-4690 that will do most things just fine, but the motherboard is bonked up and turning it on is a whole ordeal. Replacing the motherboard casts like 60% of what I would get if I sold the damn thing if it still worker perfectly. Really annoying, but it’s not like I can do anything with that CPU without the motherboard.

Anonymous

I would still be using my FX8350 but either the motherboard or cpu itself dies, and it’s hard as fuck to find a AM3+ mobo for a reasonable price outside of aliexpress. So I just ordered a i3 10100f and the cheapest Asrock mobo possible

Anonymous

2500K is definitely showing it’s age for a lot of tasks. Good thing you can upgrade to an i7/Xeon for very cheap.

Anonymous

The 2500K was dethroned and deprecated in 2019.
      Long live the Ryzen 5 3600

Anonymous

this tbh

Anonymous

>Long live the Ryzen 5 3600
        This. Paired with a B450 motherboard, 32gb of DDR4 3600 CL16, and an RX 5700XT, you won’t need to upgrade again for another decade.00kdn

Anonymous

32gb ram is a waste, 16gb is enough.

Anonymous

>32gb ram is a waste, 16gb is enough.
            For now 16gb might be enough. But I don’t want to upgrade for another decade. It is called future proofing and it is what all the gigachads are doing these days

Anonymous

Is it time to ditch my 3930k if I mostly game?

Anonymous

agreed, we’re probably at a stage with digital hardware where we were with analog tech in the 70s/80s
      from here on out it’s just going to be cost optimizations and slowly but steadily declining quality

Anonymous

>2500k
      >Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) No

Anonymous

I’m literally still on a PC with an i7 920 on it and still don’t see the need to upgrade it. I shitpost and play games on a 1440p/165hz monitor just fine

Anonymous

Why do these threads still get replies? This bait is used daily for literally years now.

Anonymous

>hourly poorscrote cope thread

Anonymous

>poorscrote cope
        I have $6 million in savings between all of my retirement accounts. I accomplished this by driving a 2003 Camry, Keeping the same 46” 1080p Vizio 3D TV since 2010. Paying off my 15 year mortgage early. And by not consuming the latest tech gimmicks. I also pirate everything and don’t spend a penny on media.
        The garden gnome fears the debt free gigachad.

Anonymous

This has to be the shittiest LARP on LULZ – and remember how stiff the competition is for this "title".

Anonymous

>It just HAS to be a larp

Anonymous

Why do scrotes contasntly respond to these 100% uptime bait threads?

Anonymous

why did you scrote respond to this 100% uptime bait thread?

Anonymous

This angers the consumer.

Anonymous

> i5 2500K
      >not i7 2600K
      pleb
      t. i7 2600K user

Anonymous

yeah i haven’t had any reason to upgrade my 3600 outside repasting

Anonymous

chad

Anonymous

c’mon sis please consume, you need a better cpu sis haha cmon upgrade pls

Anonymous

This means you literally don’t need more than DDR3, PCIe 1.1, SATA only, etc

Anonymous

>Sandy Vag
        >PCIe 1.1

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id