Home Forums History It’s funny because it’s true

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

It’s funny because it’s true

Anonymous

It didn’t occur that often
      Only wars I can think of during which it occurred are

>French Revolutionary Wars (in 1795 and 1799)
      >Napoleonic Wars (in 1808 and 1809)
      >WW2 (in 1940)

Anonymous

7 years war

Anonymous

>>WW2 (in 1940)
        The British were fighting in Africa in 1940

Anonymous

>spain
      lmao

Anonymous

Continentals seething that they cant conquer the pathetic island

Anonymous

it was conquered, the pathetic island is a French colony

Anonymous

The French never conquered it and it is still an English nation, so no, not a colony either. Despite what your low-quality YT vid might tell you.

Anonymous

No one is interested in conquering the pathetic little island, they are dismantling themselves. They left the EU and no one cries over it, instead everyone is glad they are gone. How is Brexit going for you?

Anonymous

>Continentals seething that they cant conquer the pathetic island
        t. roman-saxon-dane-norman-french-dutch rapebabby.

Anonymous

>Dieu et mon droit

Anonymous

Yet i can’t name a single war in Europe that Britain lost.

Anonymous

If you’re only counting Britain and not England then they lost the European theatre of the American Revolution, and every war of the coalition from the 1st to the 5th.

Anonymous

>they lost the European theatre of the American Revolution
          err no

Anonymous

>the European theatre of the American Revolution
          There’s delusional and self centred – then there’s Americans.

Anonymous

I’m pretty sure that dude just has no idea what the American Revolution is.

Anonymous

Quite possibly, but it wouldn’t be the first time I’ve heard an American refer to the Seven Years War as ‘The European theatre of the American Revolution’.

Holy delusions of grandeur Batman

They’re only delusions if they’re not true.

Anonymous

You are right. Cunts can’t accept their failure.

Anonymous

>the European theatre of the American Revolution

Anonymous

Then you don’t have a lot of culture.
        >what is the HYW

Anonymous

Here’s a list of wars they lost against France (in blue)
        To these you can add all those they lost to Spain, the Netherlands, Russia…etc

Anonymous

So England won all relevant wars except the American Revolutionary War and the Hundred Years War?
          >inb4 the Norman Conquest
          Right, let’s call "England" to that

Anonymous

you forgot the norman conquest
            britain is still under northern french control

Anonymous

I assumed Percy was derived from Percival, like the Arthurian knight

Anonymous

why has krautchan been a wellspring of so much cancer? frog helper babytalk bullshit, wojaks, so much aids from one site

Anonymous

Once Napoleon got Portugal involved England never retreated outside of Continental Portugal, the only time it retreated after failing to invade "Spain" was when John of Gaunt failed to be crowned King of Castille (which he rightfully was)

Anonymous

>Once Napoleon got Portugal involved England never retreated outside of Continental Portugal
        Actually, it did. John Moore’s army had to evacuate Portugal.

Anonymous

>Once Napoleon got Portugal involved
        By that point British armies had already retreated three times back to their island (1795, 1799 and 1808)

>England never retreated outside of Continental Portugal
        Except for that one British army in the Netherlands in 1809 that evacuated Dunkirk-style after a failed landing

Anonymous

>win WW1
      >lose Ireland
      >win WW2
      >lose rest of your empire and any influence in continental europe

Anonymous

>claims victory
        >still seething
        c*ntinental larpers get the rope

Anonymous

cacalonia

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Holy delusions of grandeur Batman

Anonymous

its called working smarter, not harder

Anonymous

[…]

how’s that ethnostate coming along?

Anonymous

>retreats to pathetic little island
      Which one?

Anonymous

i don’t see anything red in europe and east asia
        the anglos can only fight against speak chuckling natives(while the northern french gigachad is freaking anglo women)

Anonymous

>i don’t see anything red in europe and east asia
          What are Gibraltar and Hong Kong

>The anglos can only fight against speak chuckling natives
          Funny how the Anglo made Afghanistan a protectorate, where many have failed

Anonymous

>look, 2 square kilometers areas in europe and east asia bro
            absolutely pathetic
            you were never relevant, you can only fight against people with a paleolithic tech level, you never managed to conquer anything where it matter(europe and east asia), while europeans conquered your entire island multiple times

>Funny how the Anglo made Afghanistan a protectorate, where many have failed
            the anglo cant fight for shit

Anonymous

(you)

Anonymous

>Gibraltar
              >the ability to completely close the traffic into, out of, and through the Mediterranean.
              Yeah, totally insignificant and pathetic. Plus it makes Spain seethe, which would be worth it even without it being one of the more important strategic locations on the planet.

Anonymous

(you)

keep coping anglo
                you never conquered anything more than a few sqaure kilometers in europe
                you never proved yourself against people at your same tech level, the other way around happened too often however, the northern french is still on top in your island, even the name "anglo" has been adopted because a few danes invaded your island and raped your women (again)

Anonymous

>le epic contrarian troll
                  you’re not funny or clever, just boring m8, get a life.

Anonymous

what’s up "anglo"(actually just a native celt, you have nothing to do with the angles from denmark)?
                    you don’t have a rebuttal

Anonymous

Yeah whatever, fact of the matter is you’re a lonely person with no real-life friends and the only way you can temporarily numb the sensation of lonliness in your life is by being purposely confrontational on the internet for guaranteed conversation.

i’m off to bed now, no doubt you’ll still be sat here in another 3 hours pressing f5, sort yourself out lad.

Anonymous

keep coping eastern welsh in denial
                        i must have hit a nerve

Anonymous

>France WW2
      >Retreats to Britain

Anonymous

Crazy, the naval power situated on an island fights using it’s navy, preventing an enemy from invading, very odd, what the British should’ve done is epicly zerg rush fukken napoleon >:) yeh fuck them up epic style haha yesss!!!!

Anonymous

>preventing an enemy from invading
        i don’t think that worked very well, england as been conquered so many times by other europeans it’s not even funny

Anonymous

Compared to France or Germany its absolutely nothing.

Anonymous

well at least frence and germany conquered other europeans too, england only got conquered by other europeans, never the other way around

Anonymous

Because England only desired peace with their fellow Europeans. They are the most benevolent pro-European power of all time.

Anonymous

The royal navy was first created in 1546, off the top of my head, no invasion from the continent was actually successful after that, unless you’re counting the glorious revolution as a invasion, considering it’s military aspects consisted of two minor battles, and the "invading" king had the mass support of everyone with power within England, I was at, i think chatsworth house recently? Anyway, the lord who owned that house had planned to meet with William III, specifically in front of a painting of Caesar crossing the rubicon, the implication being that were William to renege on his offer of the gilded cage of the throne of england, he’d wind up in a similar matter to caesar, and that doesn’t strike me as something you’d do to a glorious conqueror.

well at least frence and germany conquered other europeans too, england only got conquered by other europeans, never the other way around

You’re projecting literal thousands of years of history into the past, when did "englishness" begin, did the romans conquer the English? Did the Anglo saxons then displace the English again? Were the English defeated by William, for a third time? England, and englishness have been defined over a thousand years, a mixture of the various people who have lived here, as is every modern european nation, the french are not the gauls of antiquity, and projecting national idenitites into the past is stupid, and clouds serious understanding of history, it’s also something this board does freaking constantly.

Anonymous

>, did the romans conquer the English? Did the Anglo saxons then displace the English again? Were the English defeated by William, for a third time?
            yes
            the native english, from which you descend mostly, lost many times, "anglo"

> unless you’re counting the glorious revolution as a invasion
            yup, that was an invasion, and the only native rulers of britain(the stuart) were kicked out, so the british could be dominated by continentals again

Anonymous

>yes, the native english, from which you descend mostly

What the fuck are you talking about, My grandparents were universally Irish immigrants, "the native english" are an invention, there is no point you can say "englishness began", because englishness is an invented social category, it’d be like asking when being cool was invented or something, the question is absurd, this scrotebrained dick measuring contest about who has the most epic nation is freaking dumb, you, are freaking dumb.

>yup, that was an invasion
              Absolutely absurd conclusion that ignores the entirety of the context to the glrious revolution.
              >and the only native rulers of britain(the stuart) were kicked out, so the british could be dominated by continentals again
              The entire point of the glrious revolution was that it capped the power of the royal office, which the protestant nobility worried wouldn’t be respected by the catholic Stuarts, William III didn’t "dominate" jackshit, you’ve filled your brain with shitty memes instead of actual history.

Anonymous

>My grandparents were universally Irish immigrants
                so native british isles celts, no different from a so called "anglo"

>William III didn’t "dominate" jackshit, you’ve filled your brain with shitty memes instead of actual history.
                imagine coping this much
                he ruled over england and the houses after him were all non british but "continentals"
                the "anglo" can only thrive under the guidance of the continental

Anonymous

I don’t know why i’m responding to epic trolling this freaking bad at nearly 1 in the morning but fuck it.

>native british isles celts, no different from an anglo
                  You’re scrotebrained.

>imagine coping this much, actually William III ruled england and the houses
                  You’re scrotebrained, William had virtually no power within England, he didn’t "guide" anyone.

Why are you doing this? Are you having fun? I’ve been on the other end of this, so i know to some extent, you definitely are, but this isn’t fufilling, is it, you’re not actually getting anything out of this short of the rush of a (you) and the feeling that you really got one off on some randos, and if want to be le epic trole, at least make it fuckin’ funny dude, this is just being loudly scrotebrained.

Anonymous

>You’re scrotebrained, William had virtually no power within England, he didn’t "guide" anyone.
                    every ruler after him was from a continental house, the stuart, the only native british house was kicked out, the brits knew they can’t be ruled by natives, they need continentals to thrive

>You’re scrotebrained.
                    no, i’m not, irish and english are the same, english are not "anglos", danes are anglos

Anonymous

every "ruler" after him didn’t "rule", they followed whatever Parliament said, the entire impetious for the glorious revolution was the English civil war, wherein the idea of Royal power was firmly kicked in the teeth in favour of parliamentarianism.

>danes are anglos

Epic maymay

Anonymous

so much cope
                        and yes you aren’t "anglos", the angles were a danish tribe, you "anglos" in the same way mexicans are spaniards

Anonymous

You’re all massive scrotebrain scrotes and you deserve brain tumors for this shit thread

[…]

Anonymous

I hope one day the mods come back to LULZ

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.