Is there a Linux distro that literally JUST WORKS? No dependencies nightmare etc

Home Forums Science & tech Is there a Linux distro that literally JUST WORKS? No dependencies nightmare etc

• This topic has 67 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 8 months ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 29 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Is there a distro that literally JUST WORKS? No dependencies installing, no shit breaking with every update, no command line scrotebrainness, no "muh FOSS drivers and software".
      Just install shit with a click and work.

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Just use Windows sis. Literally does everything better
        >but muh spyware
        Lol you’re getting spied on anyway, see: Intel ME, Ubuntu Amazon partnership, FBI motherboard backdoors, smartphones (which you literally can’t be an adult without), smart technology in modern housing, smart technology in cars. Windows 10 is literally nothing compared to that lol.

Also this.

Anonymous

>Just use Windows bro
          I already do.
          >Lol you’re getting spied on anyway
          Thats some sub-zero IQ take right there.

Anonymous

Encryption algorithms use entropy partly generated by the cpu and your cpu is backdoored by the NSA which makes all encryption useless. Additionally your ISP spies on you and since https is useless they know everything you ever do on the internet. Nice privacy, scrotebrain.

Anonymous

So then better to use windows so even more data gets send? Not sure I follow your logic.

Anonymous

All important data already gets sent. There’s no point.

Anonymous

On Windows that is the case, but on Linux or Mac (without iCloud) it’s not. Did you forget your meds today?

Anonymous

Im not schizophrenic, I’m just realistic. The NSA spent billions of dollars trying to backdoor your computer and they most likely succeeded

Anonymous

Even if the IME send 100% predictable data to the prng engine, there are plenty of other sources used that are all mixed together. Unless you imply they backdoored all hardware.

Anonymous

The value of those other sources are XOR’d with the hardware entropy function. The problem is that the hardware knows what value it’s being xor’d against and can change the value of the hardware entropy woke af on that and get a completely predictable output. This is not hard to implement

Anonymous

not him. yes – the mossad, fbi, cia, and mi6 have backdoored everything of significance, including hardware, software, the internet nodes, kitchen appliances, etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc

this is a verifiable, official, rubber stamped fact. think im wrong? – then you deserve the vaccine

Anonymous
                        Anonymous

im quite aware, but redundancy always helps in case someone discovers the AES hardware backdoor. its all backdoored six ways from sunday. theyre not going to hedge their bets on one backdoor alone

Anonymous

>this is a verifiable, official, rubber stamped fact
                        Okay then show the proof.

Anonymous

The NSA spent billions of dollars trying to backdoor computers, if you think they failed you’re a scrotebrain

Anonymous

Aside from the fact that 90% of what you’ve posted has no proof of it being spyware, firewalls do exist and do prevent these kind of things. What you’re suggesting is similar to giving the ball to the opposition because they’re in the lead anyway.

Anonymous

Windows does not "just work".

Anonymous

fpbp
        /thread

Anonymous

no tread you dumbass

Anonymous

Works the least well in my experience. Every single piece of apple software I used is utter, utter crap – might look nice, but it’s absolute dogshit

Anonymous

literally, OP

If you want just werks you have to put up with apple. If you want open and customizable shits gonna break.

Anonymous

Most of them, of course. I’m sure you’ll be fine with any in the top 30 on distrowatch.

Anonymous

>Most of them
        lmao

Anonymous

Distrowatch is a scrotebrained website, just look at no.1 "proudly anti-facist’ scrotebrained nobody uses meme MXdistro , fk off with that autist site

Anonymous

>asks for distro
      >7 posts shilling for windows and mac

This board is garbage.

Use Linux Mint or any other Ubuntu-derivative if you want something hassle-free that works with your hardware and has good software support.

Anonymous

Linux Mint JustWerks™

Anonymous

website went downhill though so I question its future

Anonymous

anon adapting the website to fit modern web design isn’t an indicator mint has no future

Anonymous

There isn’t one

>Use Linux Mint or any other Ubuntu-derivative
        >wow I sure would like to use this program, guess I’ll look at a forum post about it
        >just add this ppa
        >sudo apt update
        >You have held broken packages
        >hmm time to search up this error message and run through all the steps to fix it
        >reboot
        >kernel panic

Anonymous

LULZ is 50% wintards, 25% itoddlers, and 25% freetards. It has been like this since at least 2014.

Anonymous

PopOS. but people gunna rage

Anonymous

No. The idea that any operating system "just works" is a fallacy.
      I use Linux at home. I experience weird glitchy bullshit all the time.
      I use Windows at work. Shit crashes and fucks up every day.
      I use Mac to make music. My Mini has committed suicide twice due to system updates, to the point of having to wipe the main disk and reinstall the whole OS via online recovery.
      Just pick the OS that has the software you need, then shut the fuck up, learn its quirks, and suffer like everyone else in your chosen community.

Anonymous

Arch fits the bill for everything except "command line scrotebrainness", but if you’re using Linux in general you can’t avoid it.

Anonymous

>arch
        >no shit breaking every update

anon i…

Anonymous

Works on my machine. The next time you make this claim, please provide a peer-reviewed study to back up your claim.

Anonymous

Debian Stable nonfree

Anonymous

>No dependencies installing
      how do you expect programs to run, scrotebrain?

Anonymous

there’s no such thing as justworks, the concept of just werks is a false god, stop thinking it’s a thing

Anonymous

All sane distros handle dependency resolution automatically so it shouldn’t matter.
      >no shit breaking with every update
      Debian.
      >no command line scrotebrainness
      The command line is just another user interface. It’s not hard to use.
      >no "muh FOSS drivers and software"
      What do you think 95%+ of the base system of every Linux distro is made of? Fuck off.

You’re stuck with Windows and all of its bullshit until you learn how to read a goddamn manual page.

Anonymous

windows.

Anonymous

Windows 10 LTSC 2019.
      MacOS.

Anonymous

No, there aren’t any.
      Linux distros never have good defaults.

Anyone telling you that you will never need to use the shell is a freaking liar.
      All of the package stores are broken and don’t elevate sudo permission properly, and many applications require you to subscribe to their package repo

Anonymous

Also, if you speak a language east of the Mediterranean, you’re bonked.

Anonymous

why use anything but english (us)?
          i use it for every device that i own, even my phone, it makes troubleshooting much easier and usually takes less effort to digest due to scrotebrained translators turning something like "f12 – boot menu" into a shoe reference

Anonymous

what if you wanted to be able to write in a language that is not English (US)

Anonymous

On Fedora you go to keyboard settings, press on the "+"-icon and select the language. For Japanese this is Japanese (anthy). Assuming you didn’t already choose Japanese during installation. I use the chinese and japanese keyboard daily and never used the command line to get them.

Anonymous

On Fedora, Anthy does jack shit with KDE, so you install fcitx5, fcitx5-mozc, fcitx5-gtk, fcitx5-qt, fcitx5-qt4, fcitx5-qt3 and then realize that Chromium-woke af browsers using Wayland via OzonePlatform don’t support certain GTK functions which would allow IME to be used, so the built-in CJK keyboards don’t work, so you install the Google Input Tools extension to cope with the garbage ecosystem

Anonymous

Yeah the other Fedora spins do not work that well out of the box. I specifically meant Fedora Workstation (GNOME). Only problem with workstation is that Gnome Software is a huge piece of shit, otherwise it works perfectly.

Anonymous

why can’t we all just hold interfaces and sing kumbaya

Anonymous

linux mint is pretty close

Anonymous

Linux Mint

Anonymous

Ubuntu. The only Linux distro usable by anyone without severe aspergers or full blown autism.

Anonymous

EndeavorOS. Try it.

Anonymous

unironically this is what nixos will be once nix gui is done

Anonymous

I’ve never installed a distro that didn’t just work, maybe you’re just scrotebrained? Windows is a good choice in that case

Anonymous

If this doesnt convince you nothing will
      https://youtu.be/Z_ZAH7LWl-o

Anonymous

>ubuntu derivative
        couldn’t find a shittier distro

Anonymous

Windows & MacOS just work

Anonymous

The only distro that doesn’t give any fucks about dependencies is Slackware.

Less of an answer to your question, more just preaching the good word of Slackware.

Anonymous

It really depends on what is your purpose. I use it for practicing programming, the linux environment is just good for that, I use fedora btw

Anonymous
      Anonymous

I believe that’s the opposite of just works, anon

Anonymous

no….. and to be honest……. that’s…………… a good thing………………………

Anonymous

>no "muh FOSS drivers and software"
      >FOSS software
      >Free and Open Source Software software
      Meds. NOW.

Anonymous

he obviously meant drivers and user applications you freaking schizo

Anonymous

Ubuntu

Anonymous

try base arch, LFS, or even gentoo ok?

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id