Is it even worth prepping? My dad made a good point

Home Forums General & off-topic Is it even worth prepping? My dad made a good point

Viewing 118 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I was looking into prepping, but my dad had a good point. He said that there will never be food shortages in the west. That shit happens in countries like Africa or Asia, not the USA. If we all starve to death here it means its the end of the world for everybody. So he said don’t even bother prepping, if theres nothing left, we’re all dead.

Anonymous

to a certain extent i agree, but its foolish to have nothing set aside

Anonymous

Well there will be shortages if something were to happen to the transportation industry.

Anonymous

Bad things are already happening to the American transportation infrastructure.. I work on tractor trailers that’s pull for huge distribution companies…the big dogs..and we are having insane parts shortages making it impossible to repair semi trucks.. things have been getting worse over the past year and no end in sight.

Anonymous

thats very bad.
          >no parts to repair the trucks needed to carry the parts to repair the trucks
          thats big bonked

Anonymous

That’s what happens when you aren’t capable of building your own products with items produced from your own factories.

Anonymous
                Anonymous

If Biden was smart, he would encourage American businesses to hire American and produce critical infrastructure items in the USA. And give them massive tax incentives to encourage them to make the USA self sufficient.
                It would probably be a good idea for each individual state to be self sufficient.

Anonymous

that assumes he wants this country to be successful

Anonymous

You can never be fully self-sufficient nowadays. You’ll still neeed to import oil, coal, rare earths, plus you can’t really expect all states to have their own chip foundries and what not.
                  We are basically in the ends of time, but get your vaccine, everytihng will be fine :^)

Anonymous

>If Biden was smart, he would encourage American businesses to hire American and produce critical infrastructure items in the USA. And give them massive tax incentives to encourage them to make the USA self sufficient.
                  >It would probably be a good idea for each individual state to be self sufficient.
                  That shit requires technical skills that the US no longer has, developing a factory line from scratch and developing the logistics of raw material acquisition just doesn’t happen any longer. In the 1880s-1960s these kind of engineers were all over the freaking place, now there is likely less than 10-25k in the entire American population. China didn’t just capture the work, they brain drained the entire industry so it cannot recover.

Anonymous

there is a massive shortage of water pumps for trucks as well, and they are not easily remanufactured/rebuilt as they now have electronics and clutches to save energy when not needed, supply chain is pretty stressed right now

Anonymous

This is the only vaguely realistic mechanism for North America to starve to death. A collapse of the transport systems, either due to public uprising, fuel shortage, lack of spare parts or simply shoddy road maintenance.

The cities depend entirely on transportation woke af supply chains and will be the first to suffer.

I guess its possible another dust bowl type depression will come round again but provided the supply chain is still working, global food will be accessible.

Yeah things can get bad for a while (Hurricane power loss etc) so maybe there is some merit in storing a week or two worth of food. But if you are really worried, get the fuck out the cities.

You preppers are wasting your time and money.

Anonymous

>t. Boomer.

Anonymous

Yeah the truckers did something last monday but I guess it didn’t work, never gonna happen. Don’t prep, your gonna raise the prices

Anonymous
      Anonymous

>just dont do anything
      why are npcs like this

Anonymous

Because someone has to be murdered and cannibalized.

Anonymous

Because someone has to be murdered and cannibalized.

This, they’re excited to reach peak degeneracy by eating other people after they fuck them.

Anonymous

>why are npcs like this

Anonymous

He’d have a point if you were in europe but half the states in your country can sustain maybe like 20% of the people living in it because they’re freaking shitholes you keep alive by pumping money into them.

Anonymous

The US is a net exporter of food, the most in the world – twice that of 2nd place Germany.

Anonymous

Stockpile ammunition for hunting, prep caches run out, hunting and fishing doesn’t

Anonymous

If a food shortage occurred on a mass scale one of the results would be dramatic poaching and over hunting. Hunting may actually eventually be really hard in a post collapse situation. Should be good for a few years of hunting, or more if you’re really rural.

Anonymous

I’ll be hunting and eating long pig, there should be plenty of that

Anonymous

If you want long pig, aim for the military veterans. They are the most likely to have been vaccinated for most major diseases. 🙂

Anonymous

Sounds like a good way to get worms

Anonymous

Better stock up while you can, they want to outlaw it now.

Anonymous

does it actually taste like apples?

Anonymous

Not at all, but it doesn’t taste bad.

Anonymous

To a degree. Most people don’t know how to hunt nor do they own firearms.

Anonymous

Maybe in Cucknada where you live, but in the U.S there are way more guns than people.

Anonymous

hunting and fishing run out when everyone else is hunting and fishing

Anonymous

The average American doesn’t know how to hunt and fish

Anonymous

The average american doesn’t even know how to cook. Following a recipe is like calculus to them. There’s a sizable minority of americans who eat fast food for at least 1 meal every day. Even more who simply eat nothing but pre-cooked, frozen meals.
            I’d wager the average american has less than a week’s worth of food in their homes. Many have less than a day’s worth.

Anonymous

>The average American doesn’t know how to hunt and fish
            >he thinks I won’t be selling shit I kill to starving nogunz

Anonymous
              Anonymous

How many garden gnomes, scrotes or spics do you see hunting and fishing?

Anonymous

Everyone else is going to be dead or eating each other inside of six months.

Anonymous

>eating each other inside of six months
            I think that’s a very generous timeline.
            6 weeks more likely, then the canabalism will start.

Anonymous

I heard Australians taste like a mix of Vegemite and kangaroo.

Anonymous

Both are good. Don’t know about together, but who knows. Who would have thought ice-cream and tomato sauce would be good.

Anonymous

I think it depends where you live.

Anonymous

If America truly collapsed it would turn into a radioactive wasteland real quick without operators running the power plants. Plus, Israel would start popping off nukes before letting North America slide into the hands of fundamentalists.

Anonymous

nah, i’ll take my chances with that. there aren’t any nuclear power plants anywhere around where I live at all. have any idea how big America is scrote?
          >but muh israel
          fuck you. they aren’t shit. nobody is going to nuke this continent. and if they did, hide in a cave. we literally just witnessed the Taliban do this for 20 freaking years poopyhole.

Anonymous

>just live in a cave for 20-98 years until the radiation cools off.

No. I most certainly will not.

Anonymous

so kys when it starts and that’ll be one less poopyhole to compete with

Anonymous

> reactors just explode when someone isn’t there to take care of them

I know the russians made a stupid reactor awhile ago, but the propaganda war on nuclear energy is real. If you don’t monitor a reactor and keep power at a manageable level, reactors generally just shut themselves down via a spring-loaded hafnium rod that gets thrust into the core.

Anonymous

that guy’s a stupid freaking boomer. you won’t convince him.

Anonymous

hot is still hot. Most active power generation reactors require an active cooling system. luckily if power goes out then diesel gens kick on, but about 30 days (or maybe 3, or 7, i dont remember) later they’ll run out of fuel. if it goes critical again things can get hot, pressure goes up, but thank god for that garden gnome and the terrible 2 (towers) and the fucksheemee event containments structures should have last resort pressure relief systems so they dont pop and spew. If steam is still circulating uninhibited maybe the steam turbine will overspeed and explode and you might catch a rotor or blade or something to the dome. I forget where I was going with this…oh yea, fuck wind turbines! I freaking hate them, those pieces of shit.

Anonymous

The rods get dumped and stop the reaction.
              (at least that’s how it works when it’s not full of sea water.
              Cmon mate, try a little knowledge first.

Anonymous

Thats pretty stupid if you arent in Alaska. Americans have hunted animals to extinction before, and many waters are critically low & polluted already. Furthermore there is chronic wasting disease hitting midwest, so those deer & elk might be bad for you

Anonymous

>prep caches run out, hunting and fishing doesn’t

LOL

Anonymous

>Stockpile ammunition for hunting, prep caches run out, hunting and fishing doesn’t

Bullshit. Our great-grandfathers hunted the wild game of North America almost to extinction with muzzle loading single shot rifles when there were maybe 10% as many the people in this country.

Anonymous

>it totally wasn’t the result of poisoning the land with industry and hasn’t happened over the last 100 years goy we promise.

Anonymous

You are actually scrotebrained

Anonymous

>prep caches run out, hunting and fishing doesn’t
        You’re going to be competing with hungry people who will probably hunt you while you’re hunting food.

Anonymous

>people will be eating everything they can get their hands on when they are starving
        >durr hurr just hunt and fish anon durr hurr
        Fucktard, your homespun suggestions and halfbaked solutions are dogshit.

Anonymous

Wow, your dad is a freaking scrotebrain. I guess that explains you.

Anonymous

why is when something’s retarted it always a leaf or a kiwi or an aussie posting it?

Anonymous

usually a seppo, actually. but you knew that.

Anonymous

Takes one to know one.

Anonymous

>it could never happen here!!
      freaking brainlet take

Anonymous

There were shortages of all kinds of things in 2020. It wasn’t imminently the end of the world, but people who prepped were a lot more comfortable than those who didn’t.

Anonymous

>I was looking into prepping, but my dad had a good point. He said that there will never be food shortages in the west.

Remind him what happened last year. Ask him about how much everything costs now as opposed to 2 years ago. There will never be "food shortages" because the survivors will be smart enough to grow their own food and the remaining food on the shelves will be too expensive to buy.

>If we all starve to death here it means its the end of the world for everybody.
      Rice farmers in China don’t even know what America is.

>if theres nothing left, we’re all dead.
      Well if you prepped you would have something left now wouldn’t you? scrotebrain.

Anonymous

China imports the majority of its food.

Anonymous

sounds like you are slightly less scrotebrained than your dad, you do know that we’ve had famine before and depression before, right? if your dad can honestly look at the stock market over the last 2 years and compare it with the market he’s known the rest of his life, and say "this is normal, nothing to worry about" then i don’t know what to say. If he can then look at public policy, the pandemic, and supply chain issues and think it’s normal, then he’s a lost cause. Right now you can flip burgers for minimum wage and in a single hour, make enough money to buy the same amount of food that would take tens of hours, if not days or week to grow yourself. If you are not taking advantage of the massive easy street while the getting is good, then you are a lost cause. Food right now is 100x easier to procure than it would be in a collapse, meaning you are getting 100x your investment, if you think there is a 1% chance of things not turning out so well, then its a massively smart investment. Food is dirt cheap, living day to day with no food, pretending like Walmart is somehow a God given right, and humans evolved over millions of years because they were excellent bargain shoppers at the local Aldi is freaking scrotebrained. I am 100% prepared to lose everything I own, but at least I know I spent more than a freaking hour of my life making sure i didnt starve to death. It’s too easy not to do, but I get it, "if things are hard, then why bother" is the easy solution to every problem and exactly why people suck so freaking bad.

Anonymous

>t.gigachad

his father is indeed a scrotebrain npc goyim cattle

Anonymous

scrotebrained doomer mentality.

If you have enough food for ~6 months that will ideally be enough time to either ride out a crisis or grow some potatoes.

A famine doesn’t mean there’s literally no food over night. Supply slows, prices go up, one day at loaf of bread is $35 and people are stealing food. Thens upply stops completely, or becomes so expensive that a regular man cannot buy simple staples.

Then people begin foraging, stealing from each other.

If you are comfy with your 1000 tins of corned beef, you don’t have to go into the fray and fight for food, you just sit, eat a simple diet, and wait for the shit to blow over.

Every famine in history has blown over, whether man made or nature made. Having 6 months – a year’s food is smart.

Anonymous

>Dude just grow food bro
        Growing food is hard as fuck and any distruption in our current agriculture industry would kill at least 50% of the planet in a no bullshit famine. You simply have no freaking idea how intensive farming is and how many things have to be working to even receive the basic inputs let alone successfully produce a crop or deliver it.

I’m a primitive agriculture enthusiast soon to be using oxen on my farm and I’d be dead without stores of food if I couldn’t shop tomorrow.

Anonymous

Absolutely this, people don’t realize how freaking difficult it is to actually get food. We are beyond spoiled and are in for a rude awakening sooner or later.

Anonymous

people don’t realize that even if they can actually grow something, it takes about 70 to 90 days to harvest.
            you’ll have to eat in the mean time.

even with hunting it isn’t as simple as kill it eat it. you have to dress it or it’ll taint the meat, you have to skin it which sounds simple but if you’ve never done it before it isn’t exactly easy your first time.

the same goes for foraging, if you don’t know what you can and can’t eat you’ll get sick or die. I can see some scrotebrain thinking he can eat acorns and get sick best case.

things without the comforts of civilization even for a week would be hard

Anonymous

I realized this when McDonald’s was labeled freaking "essential" kek
              It surprised me that people can’t even cook hamburger helper.

Anonymous

it’s pretty sad. it’s like people have zero basic life skills. I have no idea how they made it this far

Anonymous

Our society caters to the lowest common demoninator. This is the only way people so inept at life skills could possibly stay alive.

Anonymous

Not to mention you know they will be growing whatever seeds they have lying around while having no butter or butter alternatives stockpiled. You’ll have people with mountains of vegetables after they’ve been starving for months, they’ll have to eat all of this with nearly no seasoning or even butter because they didn’t stockpile. They’ll eventually get to the time of year where corn is growing and 90% of americans will have explosive diarreah from eating 20 cobs of corn a day.

Uhh, did not realize there was an issue stating that higher carb/calorie veggies would be favorable to something like celery. I have everything I need stocked, not just a garden. You clearly have a tenuous grasp of the English language, though.

English no good, please point out mistakes

Anonymous

People who don’t stockpile won’t live long enough to harvest a crop.

Anonymous

Assuming they’re 30 to 40 pounds overweight they probably will, if they even get it in the ground in the first place. They’ll be severely underweight by that point, however, and will likely not get the weight back on in time for winter when they figure out that their tiny garden isn’t enough to get them through the winter and they don’t know how to preserve the food anyway.

Anonymous

Virtually no one seems to know how to properly preserve food any more. People think I’m weird for canning food and preserving meats. No one knows I do it large scale and have reserves (for safety reasons.) The dehydrator makes sense to people for some reason, it’s just anything beyond that.

Anonymous

It’s because they like beef jerky and therefore dehydrator is good.

Anonymous

Nice to know some people still remember we used to know about food preservation techniques before electricity. Alcohol + sugar + vinegar + fat + salt. The basics

Anonymous

I’m an old scrote but even people my age don’t do this stuff any more. My mom taught me how to pressure can and water bath can. My dad taught me how to salt cure meat. I prefer the basics, myself. It’s better done when you do it yourself.

Anonymous

lol that’s considering they even know what to eat or even how to cook it

Anonymous

Six months of hard living and your normal shoes are gone. Not dead and taped up looking like hobo, I mean simply dissolved. People have LONG forgotten what a decent rugged pair of boots is worth when the furthest you walk is from the closest parking spot to your walmart, and you might run with sporty sneakers a couple times a week. If anything serious happens, you are walking, everywhere. Finding a ride might be impossible, and when you are not walking on simple level interior flooring, your shoes take a beating.

A solid pair of modern working boots will make you a year, maybe two if you know how to repair and upkeep them. If you are going rugged environments thanks to kinetics or wildlands, lasts far less.

>muh boots last years when I go hunting and hiking in them.

I am talking about living and doing shit that keeps you living. Not fantasy girl power walks and nature tours. Boots are freaking gold tier preps, belts are very important, and knowing how to repair your clothes and have the sewing kit to do so are every bit as important as having self defense but most preppers never mention this child tier level understanding if they’ve ever actually lived their ‘world’ in practice if nothing else.

Anonymous

I’ve had a pair of red wings for almost 20 years, I work in them but nothing extreme.
                even then I have to get them resoled every few years and without the leather cream how long would that last? the stitching was starting to come undone once.

you’re 100% right, even a good pair of boots isn’t last for more than a few years max in a true civilization breakdown scenario. cheap ones maybe a few weeks

Anonymous

>Dude why stock up on more food now? I can always but what I need later!
          scrote mentality. Food prices will inflate, stockpiling a few months of food is cheap and will save you trips to the grocery stores, along with allowing you to buy a lot of food when it’s on sale and cheaper. You eat the food anyway and its price is never going down, you might as well buy more now to shield yourself from the price increase.

Growing lots of food is relatively simple, although extremely time consuming. The hard part is preserving it and making enough variety that you don’t want to kys for eating potato every day.
          Another thing to consider, you can supplement your diet with greens all you want but so much of that stuff is low calorie, corn, beans, peas, potatoes, and sweet potatoes are the best "survival" things to grow but all of these are labor intensive to get a meaningful amount on a small scale. So many people will be eating just greens and weigh 130 pounds because they didn’t grow enough high calorie food.

Anonymous

B-but there are home-canned jars in there…

Anonymous

How many calories does your can of tomato and green bean have? Gonna survive on that big boy or are you gonna weight 120 pounds and have to whore yourself out to the man down the road who decided to have a reasonable stockpile of grains, legumes, and meat? You probably don’t even have enough pasta to make decent tasting food with all of that tomato, and there’s almost no tuna fish there, 20 sandwiches worth.

Anonymous

Uhh, did not realize there was an issue stating that higher carb/calorie veggies would be favorable to something like celery. I have everything I need stocked, not just a garden. You clearly have a tenuous grasp of the English language, though.

Anonymous

Read about how Kosovo did it in the great unpleasantness. Guaranteed if you’re anywhere near social confines "riding it out" will not be an option.

Put simply if you have vast resources you need vast personell to secure it. The only way to do that is with vast trusted community.

Or

If on foot & independent, dedicated cache points, and practiced weight loads you’ve trained with up to 72hrs.

In both cases a reliable firearm with plentiful ammunition is required. Stick with Nato rounds if you’ve not got much.

Stay away from exotic types too. Fuck off anything sight system that requires battery support.

Anonymous

>practiced weight loads you’ve trained with up to 72hrs
          This one always gets me. Those freaking doughy youtube preppers with a 40kg pack can barely walk to the car with it let alone a 20 hours/day march for a couple of days.

Anonymous

>This one always gets me. Those freaking doughy youtube preppers with a 40kg pack can barely walk to the car with it let alone a 20 hours/day march for a couple of days.
            Where the fuck are you going? Any time there is a SHTF moment you’re better off fortifying and riding it out. Roaming around into random freaking areas along predictable routes using the road network is asking to get your shit rekted.

Anonymous

The end times are hit with a terrible famine like the earth has never seen. Did you know Bill Gates bought up most of the farmland when no one was looking? He got caught by a lone journalist. That’s the only reason we know because he did it through his shell company. They’re going to wipe you out with disease and famine anon. Start making small preps. Put back some beans and rice. Get some cans of meat. There isn’t much time left anymore.

Anonymous

gates is undoubtedly doing something nefarious with that land, but 1 million acres is fuckall

Anonymous

>Bill Gates owns a lot of farmland
        Let’s see him defend it against millions of armed and starving people

Anonymous

he owns it but I can promise you he just leases it to near by farmers. depending on the fertility of the land and yields you can get like 250 an acre during good years. it varies.

it’s a small but absolute steady income with no real risk. Gates is buying farmland because it’s the best protection against any economic bubble crashing.

Anonymous

you’re forgetting the function and the seelling out of the army to those people …

Anonymous

and what are the normies going to do with farmland?

Anonymous

scrote Bill Gates is globohomo scum, he didn’t buy that much land, it’s a lot when you initially read it, but a million acres spread out over the US is small peanuts.

Anonymous

You and your dad better keep your scrotebrained, starving asses away from anyone who’s not as scrotebrained as you, because most people who have food also have plenty of guns and ammo, and won’t hesitate to use them.

Just in time delivery, combined with political strife, and the geographical separation of population centers from agricultural production centers can very easily cause a weeks to months long log-jam. You and your dad sound like the kind of boomin idiots that we need less of. And you freaking idiots aren’t even going to starve to death, but get popped trying to break into someone’s stores.

Anonymous

Having 3-4weeks of basics is ample.
      50lb bag of rice
      A tin of sardines or other meat for each person you’ll feed per day for a month
      Dried/tinned beans
      The biggest threat is if the power gets cut to your place. That’s the big danger and unknown, so I prefer to keep pantry goods rather than freezer goods
      Also fishing gear, a small Game rifle/shotgun, a deer rifle and 200rds for each.
      You DO live in the country by now, right anon?

Anonymous

That and professional snares and a squirrel trap. The rifle is a scoped pellet airgun and I have 1500 pellets. Cat, squirrel, pibble, skunk IDGAF.
        Got good fishing gear, and live just a couple miles from a lake. tbh, I will have to bug out. I’m thinking the wilderness to wait out the die off.

Anonymous

>the biggest threat is if the power gets cut
        its not going to be suddenly cut off, it will be a slow collapse – over half the world is front running the narrative of energy supply problems already, for many various reasons (excuses), but the trend is there. things will gradually get worse on purpose, food supplies, fuel supplies, everything will get harder and harder to get. boiling the frog. by the time normies understand its not going to get better it will be too late and they will be completely dependant on the government. this is the freaking endgame, the all-in, its for all the chips. prepare accordingly.

Anonymous

decent advice

Anonymous

That’s the stupidest take ever. If you prep, you won’t be dead. Who gives a shit if everyone else is.

Anonymous

Buy silver, then trade silver for whatever you need.

Anonymous

buy prep food, water, lead, silver, and a fuel source(heat). depending on where you live, you wont even need gas

Anonymous

i stack silver for after the collapse, trying to trade for shit in the middle of everyone starving is asking for trouble. stack food so you dont have to leave the house when shit is getting real wild, once things calm down is when you can break out the silver

Anonymous

Nice, ill trade my cans of soup for your silver. Track you back to your home, kill you, and now i have your silver and my food.
        > silver stacker fool

Anonymous

Open psychopaths don’t last long. You are not gonna make it. The better approach is to do that to psychopaths because they will continue stocking doing what you said. All it takes is one person to end you and they become a hero.

Anonymous

You delusional scrotes never get old.

Anonymous

typical boomer Nihilist
      dont trust people over 40 when it comes to lifestyle decisions

Prepping is really about producing your own resources. It coincides with modern life because you can keep up on tech and electricity until it all crashes and breaks after years of aftermath
      Tools
      Greenhouse
      Fish Stock/Aquaponics/Pond
      Root Cellar
      Power House
      Water House

all those things improve quality of life and sustain life with no cars on the road

Anonymous

Have hoarded mana potions, will be ready

Anonymous

woke af

Anonymous

People wander around my house asking why there’s no food or anything except flasks of cerulean liquid and I chase them out with a baseball bat

Anonymous

To put it bluntly, your dad’s freaking scrotebrained. When Sandy happened my area was out of power, in some places for up to two to four weeks. If the power goes out over a large area the shops eventually shut down, you can’t get money out of an ATM, you can’t go get fast food; without power the water quickly stops running; and the most violent members of society tend to be the ones with the least preparation. After a day with no power people started behaving erratically; after three days things got really out of hand. I ate nothing but ritz crackers for three days; I keep more food in stock now.

Watch these people fight over TVs: https://youtu.be/FlPVAUulKZE Now imagine they’re hungry and they want food.

Anonymous

Now imagine their kids are hungry and haven’t eaten in three days. People will slit throats in a heartbeat over a slice of bread to feed their starving kid.
        A huge part of me has been praying for collapse for the last year or so. I honestly know that a collapse and shortages would be the most difficult thing I’ve ever done but still with all my heart I pray. This clown world shitshow can’t be stopped any other way. And its evil.

Anonymous

>for their kids
          This. I would murder you all in a heartbeat if it meant my kids lived through the disaster. With our without me in the end.

Anonymous

It doesn’t happen like that. There’ll be thugs and gangs that do most of that, largely avoiding each other. Pretty much everything will be peaceful until a force comes and says it’s time to get disarmed. What you’re talking about will happen in diverse areas for sure. But men will create gangs for survival and find useful people to protect against the masses who will be hungry.

Anonymous

I spend a lot of days at the range and at about 300 yards and depending on location, it’s an easy shot for most of not scrotebrained.

Me versus a bunch of hill billies and scrotes. I like my odds.

Anonymous

Honey we shoot at a thousand yards in the sticks. You’re adorable.

Anonymous

>1k yards
                  >wind
                  >Aerodynamic Jump
                  >Bullet Performance
                  >Spindrift
                  >Muzzle Velocity
                  Larping is larp. Longest shot I’ve ever made was 650ish yards with military experience. Even then, it’s a hard as fuck shot. Shooting at 1k yards? You should join the seals scrote.

Anonymous

hunters out west often shoot well over 500 yards.

Anonymous

But at a thousand yards or more? X for doubt.

Anonymous

Cool a lone sniper.
                >ngmi
                People will be looking for order immediately wherever it lay. If that order hears about some scrotebrain sniping people you are gonna be done.
                Also you sound like a psychopath.

Anonymous

Psychopaths are going to survive. scrotecattle normies aren’t.

Anonymous

Your dads a moron, you are prepping FOR THAT SITUATION.

Anonymous

3 days without food. That’s how long it takes for civilization to crumble. It takes a lot longer than 3 days to steal food from weaker nations and redistribute it amongst 350 million people in the event of a sudden infrastructure disaster.

Your dad is stupid

Anonymous

I can’t go a couple hours without mcdonalds, you’re smart.

Anonymous

prepping is easy and it isn’t just for shtf scenario. here in the Midwest straight line wind can knock out power for days if it’s a bad storm.
      or look at the green cluster fuck in Texas. as we go more into that grift, blackouts will become common.
      if you’re prepped you can sit at home relaxing with power, food and water.

there are also chimp outs to think of. If you live near non whites the threat of a chimp out is always there. the police won’t touch them or prosecute them so best to hunker down.
      I’ll shoot any rioter threatening me on my property. I’d rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6. my saiga 12 will end any bullshit instantly.

prepping is about being prepared when civil order breaks down for a time and you’re left alone with no police protection.

Anonymous

Nature is brutal and we will go face to face with her if the social order breaks down. It feels imminent.

Anonymous

Nothing that exciting ever happens.

Anonymous

You don’t know much about history do you fren?

Anonymous

Watch the tapouts on "Alone" if you want to see what takes you out in this situation.
          This is what complete supply chain breakdown means.

Anonymous

wow.
            snaps you back to reality.
            we are not prepared and only the insane who refuse to die will survive.

Anonymous

"It has been known for centuries that hunger rules the world" — Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Anonymous

>He said that there will never be food shortages in the west.
      until there is, and there’s a first time for everything
      doesn’t take much for the distribution system to get cut off or break down, your dad is a fool

>If we all starve to death here it means its the end of the world for everybody.
      when rome collapsed, did the world end?

you only have to outlast the unprepped NPC famine, not store food to get through 30 years

Anonymous

>Everyone will die
      If you stock up you at least won’t die of starvation, have you ever went without eating for a long period of time? It’s freaking awful

Anonymous

Unironically people need to take a couple days and just fast to see how it feels. I did it myself and it was an eye opening experience. As someone without any body fat, I was noticeably weak by the second day and all I could do was think about food. I never want to be in that position and not know when my next meal is so I keep 8-12 months of food on hand for myself at any given time. Know how your enemy feels, so you know what he is willing to do.

Anonymous

>As someone without any body fat, I was noticeably weak by the second day and all I could do was think about food.

sis, you did not fast enough. Go for at least a week next time fuck, you didn’t even experience what’s past hunger if you only did it for two days. The pain never gets any worse, that’s the most important factor and what you should be taking out of this not turning into a giant food baby.

Anonymous

I’d probably starve to death in a week tbh

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/vIe7PM1.gif

>Unironically people need to take a couple days and just fast to see how it feels
          I ate freaking nothing for 2 weeks and felt freaking nothing. You people are freaking pussies.

Anonymous

>your treasonous government gave afganistan to china
      >they totally wont ship your food supply to china

your dad is an idiot.

Anonymous

first of all lets talk about your little pic rel
      >thinks this is prepping
      >just a pantry full of food for a typical non bonked up family
      your head’s not right if you think this pantry looks abnormal

>there will never be shortages here
      >never supports that claim
      >doesn’t prove to anybody that there won’t be shortages here
      >shortages mean we "all" starve to death
      pack it up all you homesteaders, farmers, ranchers, rural hardy, independent types. you’ve been refuted by some scrote on /pol.

Anonymous

I bet your dad is vaxxed.

Anonymous

This

Anonymous

>Katrina didn’t happen
      >April 2011 tornado outbreak didn’t happen
      >hundreds of other natural disasters that cut off supply lines for weeks or even months never happened
      Your Dad is scrotebrained and it a good thing you’re deciding to self select out of the gene pool.

Anonymous

your dad is a boomer scrote who would have left you for dead at the first sight of trouble

Anonymous

Boomers are eternally delusional. They all think the USA is some immortal juggernaut with infinite funds and resources.

Anonymous

you unironically believe this pic demonstrates prepping because they have a few homeade canned vegetables in the pantry.
      >the absolute state of this board

Anonymous

when covid started the pandemic preps subreddit (sorry) showcased "rate my preps" with pictures of a jar of peanut butter, 6 boxes of kraft mac and cheese, and 12 cans of chunky soup. I thought it was all jsut trolls at first, but these people thought they were prepping by buying 5 days worth of food, i never realized that some people literally eat out every single meal and have absolutely no food at home

Anonymous

Any advice for prepping while doing Keto?

Anonymous

food shortages have happened IN THIS COUNTRY MORE THAN freaking ONCE
      HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU THIS freaking STUPID? WHAT IS YOUR freaking IQ? DO YOU HAVE freaking BRAIN DAMAGE?
      JESUS GOD IN HEAVEN ABOVE YOU ARE THE DUMBEST freaking GORILLA scrote.
      SAGE GOES IN ALL freaking FIELDS STOP BUMPING SLIDE THREADS.

Anonymous

Has your father already forgotten about the potatoes being thrown out by farmers while supermarket shelves were going empty? The supply chain in the US is an absolute shit show and government mandated can crush it at any moment
      https://www.businessinsider.com/potato-farmers-destroy-potatoes-covid19-even-in-a-food-shortage-2020-6

Anonymous

>government is paying shills to dismiss preppering literal weeks before the collapse.
      I’m finna buy some GME.

Anonymous

>same people saying covid is just the flu are now saying don’t worry about food shortages
      NOW, I’m scared.

Anonymous

excellent bait
      seriously

Anonymous

Wrong. While it may be true that the whole world would be bonked if we were, that’s a shortsighted and backpilled view. Don’t you want to survive into the near future apocolypse and do Fallout shit grandpa? Dafuq? People will still be growing shit, man.

Anonymous

That’s hilarious, you scrotebrain spawn. How are you and your dad going to have a nice day when it happens?

Anonymous

his dad will probably kill him and eat him in true boomer fashion, kids are too entitled these days

Anonymous

Remember the dust bowl? It happened in america. This is boomer level thinking

Anonymous

lol typical boomer attitude
      >"what’s the point of gold and silver, you can’t eat it, it’s just a worthless inanimate object"

Anonymous

I stick guns instead. I can just kill anyone I need to and take their food. no ethics during Armageddon.

Anonymous

defensive positions will always have the advantage, easier to protect your food (that no one knows you have) with guns, then be out on the street hunting for food. if it’s a last option, then so be it, but if that is your primary plan then it’s a pretty bad one.

Anonymous

Whites don’t know how to loot, that’s scrotes speciality. You’d probably raid the wrong hole and end up dead

Anonymous

Until someone you try to rob has a bazooka then what

Anonymous

Piece of advice, look at things from the perspective of North Korea famine or other Soviet famines. Our geography is irrelevant, they also had great lands, it’s the ideology that fucks things up. Natural disasters like "Carrington Event" solar storms can also fuck things up for us. So can volcano’s making "a year without winter". There are many causes. But assuming during these events that there are other people still alive, they will go full NK strict and demand anything they see you have.

So think what you would need in NK during the famine to survive? Cans on a shelf? No. Easy to find by other people and won’t last. No you need supplies that will last and won’t be easy to find.

I recommend pvc tubes in the ground stuffed with cornstarch in some tubes, shortening in some tubes, life straws aspirin and antibiotics in some tubes, tubes with microprint on farming and education. All sealed and burred in the ground. You could make them as backing for a retaining wall or raised garden instead of simply burying them.

That way you could bury tons of cheap(right now) corn starch and it will last thousands of years. Then in your lifetime when the NK types are telling you to boil grass roots because there is no food, then you can still live. You don’t need to expect all your nutrients to come from your supplies, but you can easily secure calories and without even using any shelf space inside your home.

Anonymous

would it be ok to bury food grade buckets? filled with a few months worth of rice and SPAM etc? also some tents, tarpolin, water purifier, soap etc so you cn literally just bug out and camp in the area that you hid them. that way if someone raids your house, you have somewhere to go to. also a small fishing rod/hooks etc.

Anonymous

>that way if someone raids your house, you have somewhere to go to.
          This is a common thing people secretly do.

Though obviously don’t expect rice to have it’s ideal shelf life if your seal’s are less then perfect. Which is why I recommend a much simpler stable carbohydrate like common starch and well sealed PVC. PVC sucks to break or hacksaw the seals, but who cares? You’re only going to break that shit out when you have no choice. Overall though, I don’t recommend rice, you’ll likely fuck it up. Starch is stable, sugar is table, oils are semi-stable, organics like rice may be ok a few years out, but you’ll have to put in some effort to go beyond that.

Anonymous

no, food grade buckets are thin and they use gaskets as seals. Also, they are wide and shallow. Likely to crack or break when exposed to the elements more than a year. Good for personal use, but long term storage in a stash is bad. Thick quarter inch pvc with full plumbing cap sealed with sealant is what that anon would be talking about as a stash. Bucket stash would be just sticking a bucket out in a shed or something, or using for inside stores. You don’t want that in the dirt. Exception would be a large rain barrel, but fuck is that a lot of work without a backhoe.

If you can find a secluded cave or abandoned basement, you could drop the buckets as stashes there just in the open space. But anything that looks like it might have something in it is likely to be searched even now. Making pvp tube stash superior even then. People are like roaches and are everywhere, even in places that looks like nobody has been there a century.

Anonymous

This.

Anonymous

>tents, tarpolin, water purifier, soap etc
          And items like these can all be hidden in buckets. Though for tents, you can put the tent in a bucket and the poles or other tools outside the bucket. Bury it all and it will be there when you need it.

Piece of advice though, get some tent size screening, it makes any area much nicer. Also make sure the equipment does what you expect.

Side note, I see mention of seeds. Keep in mind people, many tests all the way back to the 1800’s have found seeds are surprisingly good at lasting when burred. So always consider a saving a batch of seeds along with supplies. Just look at how they weren’t letting people buy seeds during this pandemic. It’s good to have those ahead of time.

Anonymous

As to your food-safe container question as the other anon said, don’t do it. If you can the best way is to make the container out of whatever you have that is sturdy and will survive and keep the contents safe. Inside this container you put food safe containers. You can make the outside container out of anything that won’t leak or crack under pressure.

Anonymous

"sis just die with everyone else"
      humanity wont go extinct, but society will break down and there will be mass starvation. I’d rather have a pantry filled with months supply of food, which costs next to nothing to buy today (few hundred, can pick up a few cans per week) than just starve to death in 3 days, or fighting my way through mile long bread lines.
      basically, your dad is typical boomer tard with little critical thinking skills.
      The problem with boomers is they are so stuck in the worldview, and especially if he is your father, its very unlikely that he will change his opinion, because he once changed your nappies. its like an insecure pride. Not all boomer parents are like that, but it is the epitome of a boomer. My dad is like that. Wont budge on Israel, thinks they’re great resilient people and fuck the arabs. But White kiwis on the other hand dont deserve to live and here and should go back to England. Its infuriating, but he is absolutely convinced he is right, and smart even. and dismisses my well studied political analysis as "hate" or some shit. And hes not even that liberal. Imagine some Karen mother with the thick rimmed glasses, short hair and fish mouth. Thankfully my parents arent that cancerous, but still somewhat insufferable.

TLDR: Prep a few months worth. No real skin off your back. Otherwise, enjoy starving to death with the other dumbasses.

Anonymous

You’re freaking useless and might as well just die right now if you don’t have 3-4 months of food on hand at any given time.

Anonymous

You dad is a moron

Anonymous

Not too worried myself ….

Pr3pp3rchan

https://rumble.com/vmdp3n-dill-pickle-hype-video-.html

Stockpiling food and buying in bulk is not only cost effective but risk mitigation

If the world get violent—> having shitloads of supplies means you can go to the store less and on your own terms
      Mass Starvation is unlikely
      But worldstar hip-hop is not

Anonymous

That’s what a prepper says to people they know are NGMI so they themselves can claim they have no preps. Sorry your father thinks you’re a scrote, anon.

Anonymous

Kek

Anonymous

I just purchased a harvest right freeze dryer.

Anonymous

Hurricane Katrina.

Anonymous

You and your father are both clearly idiots.

Anonymous

Not prepping for the mark of the beast system.
      Ngmi

Anonymous

dats alot of bait…..
      countries like africa and asia.
      you or your dad or both are scrotebrains also 1 month of cheap food isnt hard to buy low key worth it.

Anonymous

Glad a prep thread is up again. I intend to purchase a can sealer and store hard grains for making bread. Does anyone have experience with these? I could use a recommendation for them. The price varies wildly and while I don’t want to spend $1400 on one, I also want to buy something that won’t break. Also what is the best method for storing dry hard bulk grains? I am thinking of using a bunch of #10 cans and oxygen absorbers.

Anonymous

mylar bags

you dont need a 1400$ can sealer just a $15 hair straightening iron

get the thick ones

Anonymous

I sealed a lot like this, really good method.

Anonymous

I’ve placed grain in paper bags, folded them over and put them vacuum sealer bags. They keep well with oxygen absorbers placed inside. Hope that helps.

Anonymous

Learn about PVC pipes.

Anonymous

is there anything special to know? is pvc food safe or do you need to put in kevlar first? what about sealing it, do you use the normal pvc bonding glue or something else? anything else needed to know?

Anonymous

Prepping is for unvaccinated Trump supporters.
      When Biden and his handlers cause the collapse of the USA, I will kill some Trump supporters and take all of their canned goods, guns, and ammo.

Anonymous

more than anything else, you will need people. i mean, once the thing pops off you’re going to want to get your family and extended family together. do you have a plan? because i know mine sure as fuck doesn’t. nobody will trust anybody when people are slitting each other’s throats over a slice of bread so they can feed their starving children. you must be around people you can trust.

Anonymous

Meh… I’ll just find a bunch of veterans that have skillsets that account for the gaps in everyone else’s skillsets.

Anonymous

what i’m saying is that that will be difficult to do without comms. you need a plan or ngmi. find the veterans now.

Anonymous

What veteran is going to trust your dumbfuck ass? Also, what freaking veteran that actually IS a combat veteran actually believes you can run and gun if they’ve ever been in a real firefight? Shits freaking nuts, nobody with experience is going around like a freaking operator unless they already have a crew and have gone over such plans, those guys are sure as shit not going to freaking operate looking for some chickenscratch food either. Thats shit you prep before hand.

Some freaking tard walks around looking for a merc is going to get merc’d by everyone. Blooded men are sure as shit not letting you join them. If you are ‘prepping’ and doing anything that requires using said preps, letting some moviestar tier wannabe at your back is pretty much suicide. It was bad enough before when you had the entire military logistical arm taking care of your basic needs and you knew everyone around you was somewhat trained.

Most experienced vets are either going to be dealing with uncle sugar direct; in such a case would consider you an informant give you an extra smile; or they are going to be finding the deepest darkest hole they could and hiding there with all their own preps and support.

life isn’t the movies.

Anonymous

Well, I plan on killing the SMI (severely mentally ill), so that simplifies things quite a bit.

Anonymous

best protection would be a small town or village. 40 or 50 armed men are going to deter most threats. more people with varied skills, a better chance of survival.

Anonymous

That’s if the men hold the power and are all right wing. If you have bleeding heart liberals who can’t work, they’re gonna drag you down with them.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Imagine not prepping for the dark winter. Shelves are already going bare they are slowly conditioning people now. Imagine the panic when they don’t see the shelves restocked

Anonymous

More white people need to get handouts from their local food bank. Free bread, milk, & veggys every week. Plus they some times hand out cases of canned food. I’ve ended up with like 40 pounds of butter & 100 pounds of beans.

Anonymous

All you scrotes gonna be eating deenz & beans whilst I hunt the most dangerous game of all.

Anonymous

You’re going to hunt gnomish milkers?

Anonymous

Khazars gotta be tasty with all that kosher living.

Anonymous

Prepping isn’t about not about starving to death. It’s about having an easier time while the world suffers.

Anonymous

>341479131

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/vG0Enat.gif

>he said don’t even bother prepping, if theres nothing left, we’re all dead.

Boomer NPCs are genuinely the most disgusting ‘human beings’ to ever walk this Earth.

Anonymous

Your dad is a scrotebrain. “It’ll never happen here” is massive cope.

Anonymous

>I was looking into prepping, but my dad had a good point. He said that there will never be food shortages in the west. That shit happens in countries like Africa or Asia, not the USA. If we all starve to death here it means its the end of the world for everybody. So he said don’t even bother prepping, if theres nothing left, we’re all dead.

Your father is brainlet and his argument is a non-sequitur.

Anonymous

haven’t been to a food store in 20 weeks. I’m fine.

Anonymous

>If we all starve to death here it means its the end of the world for everybody
      Typical boomer narcissist thinking he is the center of the universe and when he ends so to does creation itself.

Anonymous

ur dads a fuckin scrotebrain and so are you for listening to him

Anonymous

I can understand the mentality, even just a few years back I’d rather have rolled over and died rather than go through society outright collapsing.

Anonymous

none of us will actually know whether we have what it takes to survive until it happens.

Anonymous

>none of us will actually know whether we have what it takes to survive until it happens.
          Bullshit. I know for a fact I would die

Anonymous

Your dad is being scrotebrained. Read this if you want to know all the scary shit that’s building up that the average consoomer has no clue about
      I own an online grocery, let me fill you in on a few things:
      >supply chain is MEGA-bonked right now for manufacturers and distributors
      >manufacturers bonked by relying on imported ingredients or out-of-the-USA processing in many cases, things that had fast turnaround are now taking months
      >distributors are actively RATIONING what they’ll send to retailers. I place about $25k in weekly orders from my 2 main suppliers, I’m lucky if I get half of that
      >been getting weekly emails from CEO of my main distributor implying things will be bonked well into 2022
      >UPS and FedEx falling WAY behind on shipping goods to consumers, what used to take 2 days now can take up to 2 weeks depending on how bonked your area is
      >importing of raw materials or packaging worst ever due to massive ocean freight cost increases, many brands saying their ocean freight costs are up 600% which means massive price increases over time coming to your favorite brands
      >Bill Gates and other billionaires buying up massive amounts of US farmland so they can control your food supply and push you away from the meat and things you like to buying overpriced soimeats in the future
      >Gates also owns largest stake in North America’s largest railroad to control flow of goods nationwide
      >trucking companies charging more than ever, which will raise food prices more than the average 10-20% they’ve already gone up since May of this year
      >semi truck repair companies and shops saying that critical parts needed to keep goods transportation vehicles working are pretty well out until 2022, as more trucks break down, they’ll be immobile for what could be months until parts come in because China supplies bulk of materials and chips needed

So, if I were you, I’d start stocking up. Now.

Anonymous

Storing food alone will not save you but prepping with weapons can.
      >If theres nothing left, we’re all dead.
      You should aim to be king of your shitheap, don’t get buried under the waste.

Anonymous

I want to prep, but I don’t have the skills, and even more importantly, I don’t own my own land, so I have no place to store food and materials. Keeping people from getting into the retail market has bigger implications than just making everyone rent.

Anonymous

Even if it means buying one of those silly "90 days of food packets in a bucket that you reconstitute with hot water" things, get yourself some, get some water, get a way to heat as needed in case of power outages (you can get a small personal-size propane grill that fits in a desk drawer and a handful of small tanks for it easily enough), and at least you’ll make it for a while when others will be killing each other to strip the flesh off their bones for food.
        Better than nothing.

Anonymous

Boomers are stupid. Prepping is about being prepared for hard times. It’s not about surviving the freaking apocalypse. Maybe food gets a lot more expensive for a while. It would be nice to have a stocked pantry to help you make it through that without bankrupting yourself.

Boomers can’t fathom real life happenings, everything has to be put in terms of blockbuster movies or ancient alien hypotheses.

Anonymous

Most of you aren’t aware of the things I wrote because you don’t work in the industry and aren’t seeing what I have. And the media won’t mention it to you because they don’t want to create the Great Toilet Paper Buy-Up of 2020 and clear every grocery out within a few days.

The powers that be WANT you to be unaware of how bonked things really are right now because they also want to "save" you from the problems they’re creating when shit really does hit the fan and riots are likely to break out.
        There’s always a slim chance the dying system will hold out for a while longer, but I’m not going to count on it. At least have basic necessities to get you through the worst if things go south, or, keep your cocksucker shut and deal with it if things end up a worst-case scenario.
        I didn’t panic in 2020 when they were talking about food shortages because 3/4 of what I posted above was NOT happening back then. But now it is. So consider this your warning, cap to reflect on as things get worse.

Anonymous

i sadly just moved into a house that’s still only like half complete so i can’t work on any real quality of life and security net shit but this is what i plan on accruing minimum once everything is set up

>at least 10 gallons worth of stored water
      >rain collectors
      >fishing gear
      >hunting gear
      >at least 25lbs of dry goods
      >some canned food
      >as many vegetables and fruits as i can grow in my backyard and as many extra seeds as i can properly store away

if total famine and collapse happen in the next 9-12 months though, i am bonked and will have to resort to killing and raiding

Anonymous

>>at least 10 gallons worth of stored water
        >>rain collectors
        Woke af water-prioritiser. You might want to also invest in some filters and purifying tablets as a backup in case you have to drink from rivers.

Anonymous

>invest in some filters and purifying tablets
          Those run out pretty fast. Build one of these. Boil the water, cool the copper coil, turn the steam into fresh water and collect in a cup or bladder.

https://youtu.be/PT6cjp_zThw

Anonymous

1 gallon per day per person for 90 days.
            I have a ceramic filter hand pump.
            I just hope my path to the lake is sniper free.

Anonymous

A virus appeared last year that has a 99.5% survival rate and the grocery stores went empty and we continue to have supply chain issues. What about when a real disruptive agent appears, something that is 10 or 100 times worse. You dont need to break the bank to do some basic prep. Buy 200 lbs of beans and keep it in a dry container. Itll last forever. Beans, rice, sugar, salt, rubbing alcohol, pasta, oats, freeze dried fruits and vegetables… literally some of the cheapest stuff ypu can buy can last for decades. You could spend a thousand dollars and have a supply of beans, pasta, and whatever that would last for months or years.

Anonymous

LOL at the west for worrying about food. Brazil may be a shithole but food is dirt cheap and the only people dying from hunger are lazy urbanites that don´t want to work in the sun in rural areas.

Anything grows in this GOD blessed land.

Just last weekend I bought a delicious premium t-bone steak for less than 15 dollars.

Anonymous

Would it make sense to preserve something like peanut seeds?
      If so, how would someone go about doing that?

Anonymous

lol?

I could wake up tomorrow and be the last human left on earth and easily live out until natural causes take me or old age.

And so could you.

Anonymous

I prep because I’m noticing stuff are getting more expensive. I get a lot of extra essentials, if the budget allows and what’s on sale. I make room.

Anonymous

If you like coffee get it now. The crop harvest was bad

Anonymous

yes there will & can be
      garden gnome corporations feed the majority of people

how do you think everyone will get their food if those places just ceased operations? you think everyone can just go to their local butch & it’ll be ok?

Everyone should at least be getting a small hydroponic setup.

Anonymous

Imagine being such a self-absorbed scrotebrain that thinks America is the center of the world.

Yes, I am sure that if you, the American is starving, I too will be starving in a country that’s Europe’s breadbasket.

Anonymous

He’s a boomer

Anonymous

If trucks go out, then there’ll be distribution problems.
      If power goes out there will be preservation problems.
      If fuel goes out, both of the above could happen.

Anonymous

>My dad says Carthage will never fall
      lmao

Anonymous

>Just In Time Supply Chain™.
      Wake up and smell the freaking risk management, scrotebrain!

Anonymous

>he never looked into the potatoes famine

Anonymous

Your dad is smart. All prepping does is delay the inevitable. Once all good is exhausted, everyone dies. Its why keeping supply lines up and running is much better than stockpiling for the eventual end.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/HQUR3VT.gif

You suburb and city folks are screwed

Anonymous

>boomer response to potential threats is to do nothing, save nothing, leave nothing for someone else.
      Checks out

Anonymous

this, and there’s also a large middle ground between food on the shelves all the time and mass starvation. there’s no guarantee we won’t face rationing in our lifetimes

Anonymous

I got some canned luxury soups to taste test before potentially buying a bunch but I realized only after that their best before date is only 2023 which is a little disappointing. How long do you think something like that with soup meat and veggies all in one can would last 0ast the best before date?

Anonymous

why don’t you buy dry ingredients to make soup with?

Anonymous

Tell your boomer dad he’s gonna get eaten alive by scrotes next year

Anonymous

Having lived through 2 major tornados, and several hurricanes your father is a freaking scrotebrain. Prep for two weeks (usually how long it takes to get power and roads cleared)

Anonymous

>He said that there will never be food shortages in the west
      Mocks you in Great Depression.

Anonymous

You might get jumped, who knows

Anonymous

Except if you prep scrotebrain.

Anonymous

You and your dad is scrotebrained. The food in cities/towns will run out fast, there might be plenty more food but it won’t reach you if transport stops.

Anonymous

he’s right
      don’t prep food
      prep guns, bullets, and tools for maintenance
      If you run out of food, you find other people who didnt

Anonymous

ignore this propagandist and their controlled opposition. this is an anti-social way of thinking, and the people who haven’t run out of food probably also have guns. an hour’s work on minimum wage will buy you a month’s worth of rice. it could not be any easier.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Hat tip to your old man. We live in Merica.

Anonymous

If SHTF you just eat people. That simple.

Anonymous

>eating vaxxies
        Anon…

Anonymous

>preppers
      Top kek
      Those high-value target motherfuckers are going to be the first to get hit.
      Whilst theyre prepping and fortifying their homesteads there are those among us that are working toward tower seige excellence.
      If you stupid fucks want to know what armageddon looks like, wait until there is nothing stopping a population from setteling scores with their adversaries in a catastrophically collapsed environment.

Anonymous

No trucks, no food

Anonymous

Essential items to buy if you have nothing starting right now?

I want to be ready.

Anonymous

USGI woobie, poncho liner to fill with leaves or needles (to insulate against bare earth when you sleep), water purification of some kind, water bladder, rations, firestarters (and backups), drop point high carbon bushcraft knife, caver’s headlamp, survivial radio for weather, fishing hooks and line, maybe some traps, basic first aid, tourniquet. Jacket, pants, backpack, extra socks– all weatherproofed. And that’s just if you want to survive warm weather long enough to cover some distance for a few days.

Be in shape. The ideal weight of gear is 20-25% of body weight. You can train to carry more, but you need to train.

Anonymous

oh yeah, and as much paracord as you can reasonably carry, you use that for a million things, including basic shelter

Anonymous

When covid hit, I had enough stored so avoid the panic buying madness.

we also had a massive storm here that knocked out the power and blocked the roads for days – and then the shops were empty.

I was fine.

prepping works.

Anonymous

Imagine all the people on meds when they can’t resupply…

Anonymous

theirs food shortages right now. your dads a stupid fuckign scrote.

Anonymous

normiecattle will just have to change their diet slightly from oreos and vegetable shortening. there’s probably a million bags of oats at the store.

Anonymous

>So he said don’t even bother prepping
      This is ALWAYS poor advice, you should always have a hefty larder of non-perishables, as well as your own garden. Your father is wrong.

Anonymous

prepping means
      a) throw away a lot of money by buying food that’ll rot away
      or
      b) make 80% of your diet canned food and add new canned food everytime you consume some of it, which ruins your health

Anonymous

You can use a lot more than cans to prep with noob

Anonymous

putting it in a glas is the same
          drying out food is also shit
          the body needs fresh meat, veggies and fruits

Anonymous

>not having a freeze dryer

Anonymous

feed the squirrels and rabbits in your yard.
      that’s a meal at least.
      Your dad is correct. Don’t prep. Leave the goods for me.

Anonymous

Prepping is woke af especially from an end of the world scenario. You SUBSTANTIALLY increase your chances of being the ancestor of the entire human race by prepping before a total global collapse, the numbers go up by such a mind boggling degree that prepping is pretty much the only viable genetic strategy available to the vast majority of the population. Pursuing any other strategy, especially at this point, seems utterly scrotebrained to me.

Your dad is a loser and you are genetic trash; absolutely zero percent chance of being the father of mankind. At least my seed is actually on the fight.

Anonymous

Some prepping tips that aren’t stupid:
      >have a chicken coop
      >have a large pond with tilapia
      >grow sweet potatos/yams
      >coal/woodburning distillery
      >own a lathe/endmill
      >live near river/lake with waterwheel/mill or have solar

True prepping isn’t necessarily stockpiling, its slowly removing yourself from the grid NOW.

Anonymous

have fun doing that in germany, even if you own a garden, if people are poor they’ll just say you are rich and take stuff away from your by the force of government

Anonymous

if people know, you’ve already lost.
          don’t tell people what you have!

honestly though, if you don’t have the means to purchase and setup an off-grid homestead now, the only other real option for someone is to stockpile ammo and be a looter.

sorry, but a few cabinets or pantries full of canned goods in the suburbs or city ain’t gonna do shit.

Anonymous

>don’t tell people what you have!
            lmao in germany you even have to register every single animal you own and germany isn’t as spacious as america, someone will know you own something and there’s no place to hide.

Anonymous

do the tilapia take care of themselves?

Anonymous

they are about the most hands-off you can get with regards to fish farming. If the pond is large enough, you’ll be able to help supplement protein intake.

this does not mean you will be able to "live off of fish"

Anonymous

You dad not wrong prolly. I personally feel that really all you need is a 30 or 60 day supply in the form of one of those emergency mri type meal buckets they shill everywhere that keep for like 40 years and toss that in the closet and forget about it.

Not for endtimes shit but like if theres a earthquake or some sort of majore infrastructure damage hindering travel thats where your food bucket would be a real life saver.

The goverment will mobilize fast to distribute food to people like the national guard going by in a big truck and tossing crates like some pubg shit in peoples yards all that but that can still be a while.

The reason you see all the autists here doing cans and crap that only good for a couple years is they can get those with foodstamps not the buckets and they bored shitless neet skizos on here.

Tldr buy a food bucket and forget about it. Stock a lot of water if you can tho. Always have a fuckton of water.

Anonymous

i think exploitative reality shows like "preppers" are really a disservice to the public. it’s not at all irrational to stock up a few months of food. it’s cheap. we had rationing in ww2, why couldn’t it happen if there were another serious conflict, perhaps during a time when the supply chain is having problems?

Anonymous

The west will starve because the elite in the west are manufacturing shortages and food crises; not because there is no food left, but because they control the food and they deny it to their political opposition.

Anonymous

You think I’m going to give up on my dream of living in a world with no more normies in my face everywhere? That is literally the opportunity of several lifetimes, I WILL SURVIVE TO SEE IT.

Anonymous

>If we all starve to death here it means its the end of the world for everybody
      lmao

Anonymous

Uhuh sure buddy, it won’t happen here, nevermind the fact that the entire supply, monetary and infrastructure grid, rely on the powergrid, a notorious shittily maintained and vulnerable grid.

Without the powergrid, gas wouldn’t pump, salaries wouldn’t get paid, food wouldn’t get harvested (fuel no dispense), roads (stoplights and such) would become mayhem, and total information blackout for anyone except for radio operators.

Screencap this.

Anonymous

Boomer moment

Viewing 118 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.