Is death just a new beginning or is it the final act forever?

Home Forums General & off-topic Is death just a new beginning or is it the final act forever?

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Is death just a new beginning or is it the final act forever?

Anonymous

Neither.

Anonymous

actually it’s both

Anonymous

nothing was ever truly born, nothing ever truly dies.

Anonymous

Neither. For many it’s just the next level.

Anonymous

Then what’s this talk about most not making it past the filter/harvest? Is that bullshit? I want to believe what you’re saying because I’ve had intense personal experiences that say it is so

Anonymous

Honestly it probably whatever you want it to be, if you want to reincarnate or go to a heavenly afterlife, then that’s probably possible. If you spend all your life watching Richard Dawkins tell you nothing will happen and nothing matters then nothing will become of you. That’s just my theory.

Anonymous

Seems plausible

Anonymous

When you die, that’s it. This is the reality but it’s hard to come in terms with this.

Anonymous

How are you so sure

Anonymous

Because the concept of afterlife we envision is a stictly human one. We excharge money and other stuff in our life so we think even our end works the same way. Human beings are goal oriented and seek a payoff/reward in everything. Just coming to exist and then simply die seems illogical to us but nothing suggests it’s actually the case. Even atheists who support that death is the end frame it around a bunch of "you don’t matter" nihilistic rhetoric or similar because they’re in my view defeated instead of awaken to the realiity.
          Can you really say that the relationship you had with that girl for a year doesn’t matter because it ended? Many people indeed will think that something like this is ultimetely irrelevant due to going nowhere according to the reward/development rationale but they downplay the feelings they had during a particular timeframe. How would you really feel if there was a glorious afterlife when this short life is done? This though makes me feel like my life here is being understimated somehow or used as a tool. It’s obvious that even hypothetically afterlife doesn’t seem attractive to everyone.
          Life happens and then ends. But are temporary things really as worthless as we think? The way I see it ideology has poisoned us so we struggle to act spotaneously without looking for ultimate rewards in everything we do. We undestimate our moments just to serve ambiguous agendas.

Imagine wanting to exist more in this putrid hell world. I wish death was the end of my existence so I never have to suffer here ever again.

You will cease living one day so your current wish will come true. That’s one wish fullfilled already, you can collect more as long as you’re here.

>Everybody dies
          wrong
          like I just said, there is no such thing as death
          no one dies
          that’s not a belief, it’s an incontrovertible metaphysical fact of reality
          >If death doesn’t exist fearing it is a delusion.
          correct
          and death does indeed not exist, so the fear of death is the most irrational belief ever, bar none
          it is from this fear that all other fears flow
          >most following it just start to transform their lifes into nothing as preperation.
          correct, because they are acting out of the irrational belief in death

and again, that’s wrong
          no one dies, not through themselves, nor for anyone
          what you see are bodies ceasing to function, that’s no different from someone taking off their clothes

We see people die and then we stop experiencing life together with them. Where’s your proof that they still exist?

Anonymous

>We see people die and then we stop experiencing life together with them. Where’s your proof that they still exist?
            no, no one ever sees any people die at all, what you see are bodies ceasing to function
            bodies are not people

Yes and for those remaining that ceasing of function has meaning because something got taken from their lifes. Death exists for you no matter if you convince yourself that it’s just a shedding of clothes and as someone who saw quite a few people die in my profession I believe that you shouldn’t see it as simple as shedding clothes and think this kind of thinking is exclusive to those who were either sheltered or disassociated from the experience. If you die, you die for others and this has consequences. Even if it’s just the guy who has to scrape up your innards or simply noticing something has changed.

>Yes and for those remaining that ceasing of function has meaning because something got taken from their lifes.
            this has nothing to do with what we’re talking about, which is death
            when you try to call this "death", you might as well say that your clothes "die" when you throw them away
            total nonsense
            >Death exists for you no matter if you convince yourself
            wrong
            like I’ve made clear by now, there is no such thing as death
            death does not exist, not for me, not for you, not for anyone
            >someone who saw quite a few people die
            you have not seen anyone die
            what you have seen are bodies ceasing to function
            >If you die
            once more, you don’t die
            no one dies
            there is no such thing as death

Anonymous

>bodies are not people
              Proof?

Anonymous

a body is something you experience
                anything you experience is not you
                this is something well understood by a wide variety of metaphysical traditions, such as Buddhism, in which they refer to these as the aggregates
                a body is no more a person than a bunch of clothes on a body are a person

Anonymous

>well understood by a wide variety of metaphysical traditions, such as Buddhism
                  Buddhism is an opinion just like me thinking strawberry is better than banana. Buddhism and other traditions understand nothing, they simply make assertions they would like to be true. In reality we see people die and buried. Then we don’t interact with them or the rotting body anymore. So to come back to the essentials, why is a temporary exxistance and then nothingness a bad thing? Have you even considered that it could be nothing wrong with it and there’s no need for wishful assertions? We see people go everyday, why is the very thing you see with your own eyes a lie but you believe all these traditions?

Anonymous

>Buddhism is an opinion just like me thinking strawberry is better than banana.
                    you couldn’t be more wrong
                    Buddhism, as with certain other metaphysical tradition, operate exclusively on metaphysical facts of reality that anyone can ascertain through the use of reason
                    there’s literally zero belief involved at all, nor opinion
                    >Buddhism and other traditions understand nothing, they simply make assertions they would like to be true.
                    again, you couldn’t be more wrong
                    Buddhism and certain other traditions exclusively rely on assertions about reality which are metaphysical truths that anyone can verify on their own by exercising their own capacity for reason
                    >In reality we see people die and buried.
                    wrong
                    what you see is bodies ceasing to function and getting buried, just like clothes wearing out and being thrown into the garbage
                    >Then we don’t interact with them or the rotting body anymore.
                    wrong
                    you don’t interact with that specific body, but you still interact with them
                    they are the person, not the body
                    >So to come back to the essentials, why is a temporary exxistance and then nothingness a bad thing?
                    it’s not "bad", it’s simply false, existence is not temporary, and there’s no such thing as death, even if you try to rebrand it as "nothingness"
                    >Have you even considered that it could be nothing wrong with it and there’s no need for wishful assertions?
                    there’s nothing "wishful" about anything I’m saying, what I’m presenting are the facts, anyone can verify them on their own through the use of reason
                    >We see people go everyday, why is the very thing you see with your own eyes a lie but you believe all these traditions?
                    wrong
                    you see bodies ceasing to function, just like clothes wearing out
                    you are setting up a straw man when you accuse me of calling that a lie, because you’re the one wrongfully conflating a body ceasing to function with the death of a person
                    this is like saying that you die when you take off your clothes at night, or throw out a worn set

Anonymous

Prove that a person isn’t the body you see dying then. You just say that I’m wrong and that’s because of reason but you fail to demostrate it again and again then call my simple questions strawman? I have seen people around me go and then never coming back. You insist that their soul or something still exists but haven’t proven it. I’m waiting, "reason" means nothing. Thinks exist or don’t exist and rhetoric doesn’t change that we die and nobody sees us again.

Anonymous

>Prove that a person isn’t the body you see dying then.
                        I already explained that
                        let me quote myself verbatim:
                        >a body is something you experience
                        >anything you experience is not you
                        >this is something well understood by a wide variety of metaphysical traditions, such as Buddhism, in which they refer to these as the aggregates
                        >a body is no more a person than a bunch of clothes on a body are a person
                        anything you experience is not you
                        >You just say that I’m wrong and that’s because of reason but you fail to demostrate it again and again
                        no, I say that you’re wrong and explain exactly why, you are simply either not reading it or not taking the time to understand it
                        >I have seen people around me go and then never coming back.
                        wrong
                        you have seen bodies ceasing to function
                        >You insist that their soul or something still exists but haven’t proven it.
                        no, not "their soul", but they themselves
                        thinking about "their soul" objectifies what you call a "soul" into the same thing as a body
                        we’re talking about they themselves, not anything that is theirs
                        >I’m waiting, "reason" means nothing.
                        reason has a clear meaning, so that’s a completely nonsensical statement
                        it is through reason alone that metaphysical facts about reality can be ascertained
                        >Thinks exist or don’t exist and rhetoric doesn’t change that we die and nobody sees us again.
                        again, wrong
                        there is no such thing as death, no one ever dies

Anonymous

>>anything you experience is not you
                        prove it?

Anonymous

Your a fool and probably underage

Anonymous

Anon, voiding your life because you believe there’s nothing after you die and voiding your life because you believe death doesn’t exist is but the semantics the same because it leads to the same results. No matter how insignificant you deem this set of clothes, there are people who will never see it again. This has meaning because some sets you will only see or wear in this life. But I honestly hope it will still take sometime until you have to agree.

Anonymous

>Anon, voiding your life because you believe there’s nothing after you die and voiding your life because you believe death doesn’t exist is but the semantics the same because it leads to the same results.
                you literally couldn’t be more wrong
                what you’re saying is literally the diametric opposite of the truth
                anyone who understands that death doesn’t exist do the exact opposite of people who irrationally believe in the idea of death
                also, the fact that death doesn’t exist isn’t a belief, it’s a metaphysical fact of reality that anyone can easily ascertain through the use of reason
                >No matter how insignificant you deem this set of clothes, there are people who will never see it again.
                throughout eternity, you can recreate any set of clothes and any body you like as many times as you wish
                in fact, owing to the fractal nature of reality, you will continuously improve upon earlier designs and only end up with better and better every single time, so clinging to anything is just another symptom of the irrational belief in death, which doesn’t exist
                >This has meaning because some sets you will only see or wear in this life.
                you still don’t understand
                there’s no such thing as "this life"
                there is only life

Anonymous

>it’s a metaphysical fact of reality that anyone can easily ascertain through the use of reason
                  Demostrate it then
                  >throughout eternity, you can recreate any set of clothes and any body you like as many times as you wish
                  I don’t want to. I’m me and I will die as myself. How about that? I won’t dress as a black man or a chinese woman. I have never seen anyone chaging bodies as well.

Anonymous

>Demostrate it then
                    I’ve already done so repeatedly
                    >I don’t want to.
                    you are free to do whatever you want
                    >I’m me and I will die as myself. How about that?
                    you will never die
                    >I won’t dress as a black man or a chinese woman.
                    that’s entirely your choice
                    >I have never seen anyone chaging bodies as well.
                    you see bodies ceasing to function and new bodies coming into existence all the time

Anonymous

>you see bodies ceasing to function and new bodies coming into existence all the time
                      Yes they are called new people being born. You insist that they’re reincarnated but don’t offer proof of this. It’s an empty assertion and an insult our life itself to claim that each individual creature born isn’t unique and is something recycled with a change in appearence. We observe the exact opposite everyday so it sounds like you’re a liar and very evil to me personally. I don’t like dismissive people who make big claims with no proof. I have never seen a person living a body for another.

Anonymous

I think you misunderstood him, he assumes that life never ends and by sheer coindidence can arrive at the same point again by the sheer coincidence that’s 100% in face of eternity. Thus he thinks he will always get a redo. But that in the end is the same than thinking nothing matters since is finally awaits nothing and in my opinion leads to the same. But since he’s Buddhist or claims to be he probably wants the Long road to nirvana.

Anonymous

it’s rather you who misunderstands me
                        there’s nothing coincidental about anything
                        what I’m saying is that just like you can buy or make yourself a new pear of jeans similar to old ones, you can continuously experience over and over again anything you liked from the past until you feel like moving on
                        with a certain amount of experience, people tend to revel in the infinite novelty available in the infinite fractal of reality, and thus stop clinging to old experiences
                        >But since he’s Buddhist
                        you have poor reading comprehension, because I never said I was Buddhist at all
                        I said that Buddhism, as well as other metaphysical traditions, understand that "you" doesn’t refer to anything you experience, including your body or your mental formations

Anonymous

>a new pear of jeans
                        I obviously meant to write "pair of jeans", but not going to delete and repost again

He clearly said that we change clothes/body and can live as different "people" , I misunderstood nothing. He can frame it many ways but in the end it’s all empty rhetoric for people who hate life. He even admitted than each new person being born is proof of his belief. A simple case of devaluing other human beings under the guise of spiritual freedom. Every religion/ideology goes in different ways about it but in reality the theories are non-sensical and don’t matter ultimately. It’s a complex form of baiting people into submitting to the rulers and it’s written in an abstract manner to serve as the rhetoric it is. Event the idea of eternal return is a stupid worldplay to convince a human being that life is ever repeating and not unique to each person.

>can live as different "people"
                        wrong
                        that’s not what I’m saying at all
                        you are still conflating "person" with "body"
                        you don’t "live as different people", you are the same person, you’re simply sloughing off the worn-out body like an old robe, and putting on a new body
                        you are still the same person
                        >He can frame it many ways but in the end it’s all empty rhetoric for people who hate life.
                        literally the diametric opposite of the truth
                        anyone who understands that there only is life, and that there’s no such thing as death, come to love life
                        only when you make this realization do you employ life to its fullest potential

Anonymous

So should I just kill myself because I’m not having a good time anymore and then I can just come back young again?

Anonymous

>So should I just kill myself because I’m not having a good time anymore and then I can just come back young again?
                        no offense, but you seem to be quite slow on the uptake
                        there’s no such thing as death
                        you can’t have a nice day
                        you can get rid of your body if you want, but there are better ways of doing that than destroying it or forcing its biological functions to cease, such as pic related

>new bodies coming into existence is not new people being born, any more than you are born when you put on your clothes in the morning
                        Evil
                        >there’s nothing "big" about the claims either, it’s just the facts
                        And delusional

The more you post the worse it makes you look. You keep saying that your opinion is objective without any evidence to offer. Stay brainwashed I guess, it seems like you don’t even know what "proof" means. Your assertions are just brainfarts like all opinions who fail to be demostrated. You will cease moving and breathing just like every other person and that scares.

it’s amusing that you are attempting to cling to the irrational belief in death, and project your notions of evil and delusion associated with that onto me
                        >without any evidence to offer
                        I’ve explained over and over again the exact reasoning behind the metaphysical truths I’m pointing out, you and anyone else can easily verify them yourselves through the use of reason
                        >You will cease moving and breathing just like every other person and that scares.
                        what you’re talking about are things that bodies do, not things that people do
                        it’s as absurd as saying "you will stop unzipping" as if you were a pair of pants
                        amusing, but ultimately nonsensical

>No buddhist
                        Than don’t argument with it to give your train of thought a bit more weight.
                        Well at this point everything I’ll say, and I assume the same goes for you, will be redundant. We both made our point and neither seems to take it but hey, there is probably more we theoretically agree on than what we are currently argueing about at least that’s nice and refreshing.

>Than don’t argument with it to give your train of thought a bit more weight.
                        learn to read
                        what I said was that Buddhism, as well as many other traditions, understand a specific fact
                        >We both made our point and neither seems to take it
                        I’m explaining the truth, you are clinging to a falsehood, attempting to equate the two is a sign of ignorance on your part

>you are still conflating "person" with "body"
                        Person and body are the same thing. You have failed to prove that you’re not your body.
                        >you don’t "live as different people", you are the same person, you’re simply sloughing off the worn-out body like an old robe, and putting on a new body
                        Empty rhetoric which means nothing at all. You should be a lawyer.

>Person and body are the same thing.
                        you couldn’t be more wrong
                        that’s like saying a person and the clothes they are wearing is the same thing, absolutely ridiculous
                        >You have failed to prove that you’re not your body.
                        I have proven it over and over again
                        you have failed to properly take the time to understand it

Anonymous

Maybe you should get a tea. Go outside and reread that post.

Anonymous

>Maybe you should get a tea.
                        I’m good, thanks
                        >Go outside and reread that post.
                        there’s no need to reread it for me at all, I’m intimately familiar with everything I write

Bodies aren’t clothes. I think you might be insane.

that’s not what I said either, learn to read
                        I was pointing out what bodies and clothes have in common: they are both things a person wears
                        in that sense, bodies are analogous to clothes

Anonymous

The point is to indefinitely know the instance of birth & death as to finance integrity of dual expansion

Anonymous

You don’t wear your body. You are your body that’s why if you get damaged eyes you lose your vision. I know how to read well, bodies aren’t analogous to clothes at all. That’s something scrotebrained you made up. No person has been observed getting rid of one body and wearing other. Reincarnation exists as much as the christian heaven. It’s not a real thing, it’s a shitpost powerful people made up originally to get the oppressed masses off their back. And clueless people like you who think they have knowledge beyond others fall for the bait still.

Anonymous

If one is their body regardless of form then we’re a reflection of a body indefinitely, where the beginning and end of your body doesn’t have a middle. "You are your body" needs gravity. Your body changes like an outfit

Anonymous

Bodies aren’t clothes. I think you might be insane.

Anonymous

What is that pic? DMT?

Anonymous

>you are still conflating "person" with "body"
                        Person and body are the same thing. You have failed to prove that you’re not your body.
                        >you don’t "live as different people", you are the same person, you’re simply sloughing off the worn-out body like an old robe, and putting on a new body
                        Empty rhetoric which means nothing at all. You should be a lawyer.

Anonymous

"Long, Long ago, before death was invented people weren’t viewed as individuals as you would understand it. They were collections of experiences arranged in a particular order that changed like the waves in the ocean. Time would pass and another memory would fall away to make room for another, forever.

A time later I came upon a man who worked on a great invention, he called it death. His excitement and determination was palpable, and his eternity was spent on this creation. Before long a chair of sorts sat in the center of his workshop and from it came belts and wires and many exotic gadgets. With great joy he proclaimed that this device was capable of inflicting death on a person, so excited in fact that he could not help but strap himself in and be the first to experience death. There was a bright light and all was still. when i waved my hand in front of his face I suddenly understood what death was…

…He watched my hand pass in front of his face with no reaction, and after it had passed him by he was perfectly content with staring at the grey wall next. And on the day when the wall decayed and collapsed he still felt nothing, and when people pointed and made remarks about his body sitting there he still had no reaction, and when the world became alien to him he felt nothing. There was not an action anyone could do, no pain they could inflict upon him that could stir even a twitch, he was eternally content, perpetually okay, completely satisfied with all that was around him. Slowly the interest in this man faded and cities were built around him, then over him, and them more over them, and slowly he became a component of the world, merely a piece of stone in function, a part of the earth and nothing more.

Death is real, and you’ll learn to accept it.

Anonymous

>Death is real
                        Doesn’t really say what death is though, only where it’s not death huh

Anonymous

>Death is real, and you’ll learn to accept it.
                        again, there is no such thing as death, and that’s a metaphysical fact of reality that’s very easy to ascertain, something I’ve explained over and over throughout this thread

You don’t wear your body. You are your body that’s why if you get damaged eyes you lose your vision. I know how to read well, bodies aren’t analogous to clothes at all. That’s something scrotebrained you made up. No person has been observed getting rid of one body and wearing other. Reincarnation exists as much as the christian heaven. It’s not a real thing, it’s a shitpost powerful people made up originally to get the oppressed masses off their back. And clueless people like you who think they have knowledge beyond others fall for the bait still.

>You don’t wear your body.
                        yes, that’s precisely what you do
                        you wear your mind too, I bet someone like you is going to have an even harder time understanding that
                        >You are your body
                        that’s hilarious
                        >if you get damaged eyes you lose your vision
                        and if you crack your glasses, you won’t see clearly
                        the eyes are instruments you are seeing through
                        >I know how to read well
                        evidently not
                        >bodies aren’t analogous to clothes at all
                        yes, they are precisely analogous in the sense that both are things you wear
                        >No person has been observed getting rid of one body and wearing other.
                        this has been observed countless times

What is that pic? DMT?

>What is that pic? DMT?
                        no, that is Padmasambhava dissolving his body into light, more specifically what’s known as the rainbow body of great transference, but mere rainbow bodies, or even light bodies, are similar phenomena

Anonymous

>you wear your mind too, I bet someone like you is going to have an even harder time understanding that
                        You’re right. I don’t understand delusional scrotebrains who claim things completely opposite to what we observe in reality.
                        >this has been observed countless times
                        Heaven and hell also been observed countless times as well then. Reptilians too.

Anonymous

>You’re right. I don’t understand delusional scrotebrains who claim things completely opposite to what we observe in reality.
                        what I’m saying is precisely what we observe in reality
                        we see thoughts come and go, yet we remain
                        we see our body come and go, yet we remain
                        we see our clothes come and go, yet we remain

If one is their body regardless of form then we’re a reflection of a body indefinitely, where the beginning and end of your body doesn’t have a middle. "You are your body" needs gravity. Your body changes like an outfit

this anon seems to be getting it

Anonymous

>Padmasambhava dissolving his body into light
                        So should I go become a yogi in the himalayas?

Anonymous

if you feel like it, sure
                        if you’re doing it in order to get out of your current body, then what you are doing is essentially externalizing that knowledge into that specific location, so that you can go there and "discover" and "be taught" it
                        however, chances are that the reason you want to do so in the first place has more to do with clinging to a false ego-construct, so that when you relinquish this construct and set out on your journey, you would already be liberated

Anonymous

I think I’d be doing it more because I don’t wanna work a shitty capitalism job just to barely survive, and gaining cool esoteric powers or something with a like-minded group sounds way cooler

Anonymous

>I think I’d be doing it more because I don’t wanna work a shitty capitalism job just to barely survive
                        like I said, a false ego-construct
                        this ties in with that that anon said earlier, when someone irrationally believes in death, which doesn’t exist, they simultaneously start doing things in order to "survive", because they think the alternative is death
                        in reality, there is no such thing as death, and you don’t need to do anything to survive, and you being called to adventure is that truth emerging from the core of your being to dispel your temporary bout of ignorance
                        enjoy your adventures, my fellow anon

Anonymous

Huh. Well maybe it’s the pain of experiencing cold, going hungry, or getting beat up by homeless people when I’m sleeping that worries me. But thanks for the well wishes anon

Anonymous

I read this knowledge from different sources before, but keep getting sucked back into the dream, but you saying it bluntly over and over reminded me.
                        life feels so light when its not take literally, thanks anon.

Anonymous

You’re under the illusion that death is purely a physical experience. it’s not.

Anonymous

>You’re under the illusion that death is purely a physical experience.
                        someone clearly isn’t reading what I’m writing
                        it’s not an experience of any kind, physical or otherwise, because it doesn’t exist

Anonymous

I read it, and i’m disagreeing with it outright. that’s the point. "Not an experience" and "lack of experience" are two different things. you don’t need to"not exist" you just need to not experience.

Anonymous

"disagreeing" with the facts of reality is just to be wrong
                        again, there is no such thing as "not experiencing", because experience is the only thing there is

Anonymous

if experience is all that exists then all i’m disagreeing with is your experience which is subjective, which means just because you haven’t experienced a lack of experience. If eternity exists and everything happens eventually then that means eventually you’ll experience a lack of experience, since you haven’t experienced it I’d bet you’re lacking an experience already.

Anonymous

if experience is all that exists then all i’m disagreeing with is your experience which is subjective, which means that just because you haven’t experienced a lack of experience doesn’t mean a lack of experience doesn’t exist as an experience, it just means you haven’t experienced it yet. If eternity exists and everything happens eventually then that means eventually you’ll experience a lack of experience, since you haven’t experienced it I’d bet you’re lacking an experience already.

never underestimate my ability to fuck up text when I’m trying to be serious.

Anonymous

>If eternity exists and everything happens eventually then that means eventually you’ll experience a lack of experience, since you haven’t experienced it I’d bet you’re lacking an experience already.
                        here you are making several fundamental mistakes in your attempt at reasoning
                        first of all, eternity does not imply everything happening eventually, because reality is fractal, and there is infinite novelty
                        think about it like the well-known transcendental mathematical numbers pi or e, which continue on indefinitely, never repeating any specific pattern, but with infinite variety (people erroneously think that every single pattern must be in there somewhere, but that’s not the case at all, there’s simply infinite novelty)
                        secondly, it’s by definition not possible to have an experience of experiencing nothing, because that’s not an experience
                        again, there is only experience, there is nothing else, and there is no such thing as death

Anonymous

Death is pretty novel to someone who hasn’t experienced death. You’re comparing death to a pattern in repeating number patterns, I’m not. I’m comparing it to the numbers. If there is an infinite variety of experiences then there are experiences you haven’t experienced. Novel just means new and original, but that doesn’t seem to be what you mean. what do you really mean when you say novel? or was new/original what you meant?

Anonymous

>Death is pretty novel to someone who hasn’t experienced death.
                        you seem to be quite slow on the uptake
                        there is no such thing as "experiencing death", because there is no such thing as death
                        >You’re comparing death to a pattern in repeating number patterns, I’m not.
                        no, I’m comparing life to that, not death
                        time to improve your reading comprehension, it seems
                        it was an analogy, because you erroneously said:
                        >If eternity exists and everything happens eventually
                        this is completely wrong, because there is infinite novelty due to the fractal nature of reality
                        in other words, everything will not happen eventually even though there only is life, because there is infinite novelty
                        >If there is an infinite variety of experiences then there are experiences you haven’t experienced.
                        that’s correct
                        there are indeed an infinite variety of experiences, including an infinite variety of experiences you have not experienced
                        >Novel just means new and original, but that doesn’t seem to be what you mean. what do you really mean when you say novel? or was new/original what you meant?
                        that’s exactly what I mean
                        the point is that death is not an experience it’s possible to have, because there is no such thing
                        death is not a "novel experience", it’s not an experience at all, it doesn’t exist

Anonymous

Life exists in it’s contrasting nature with death the same way that the concept of "up" needs "down", life without death isn’t life, it’s an assortment of semi-related snapshots of places and things arranged randomly because you would have no context in which to view them. If life exists without death then that means there’s just as much in your past as there is in your future, since you can agree that there are infinite experiences than lie in your future and since death would be the end of experience, then where are all the infinite experiences in your past? do you remember every exact minute detail of the room you were in exactly, saaaaay…. three years, twenty-five minutes and seven seconds into life? how about before you were born? is there an infinite regress of memories extending all the way back to infinity? Because exact moment where the earliest memory you have was formed is the exact moment that "you" were born, and the moments lost to you are your previous life because if experience is all that is real and you are what you experience then "you" stopped existing in the past when you stopped experiencing it, but that’s not death. death is that moment of forgetfulness creeping closer and closer to you relative to your memories, slowly moving closer to the present moment that you’re experiencing. death is when it gets there, and death is real and you can verify this by realizing there are things you don’t remember from your past.

simplified, death is you forgetting faster than you can remember^

Anonymous

>death is you forgetting faster than you can remember^
                        People suffering from amnesia are still alive.

Anonymous

>Life exists in it’s contrasting nature with death the same way that the concept of "up" needs "down"
                        wrong
                        this is the type of nonsense I’m explaining has zero basis in reality
                        there is only life
                        there is no contrast there at all
                        that’s dualist nonsense
                        >life without death isn’t life
                        wrong
                        there is only life, there is no such thing as death
                        >things arranged randomly
                        nothing is arranged randomly at all, there is no such thing as randomness, just like there’s no such thing as death
                        >do you remember every exact minute detail of the room you were in exactly, saaaaay…. three years, twenty-five minutes and seven seconds into life? how about before you were born?
                        a lack of memory has nothing to do with death
                        as this anon says, you are still alive even if you forget everything frequently:

in fact, holding on to the past is a form of clinging, when you realize that there is no such thing as death, it’s far better to let go of the past and live in the present
                        >death is that moment of forgetfulness creeping closer and closer to you relative to your memories
                        no, again, there is no such thing as death
                        letting go of the past is not death
                        in fact, you live in eternity, "the past" itself is just a concept that arises when you cling to memories, in reality there’s no such thing as past or future, there’s just the present, which is what life is
                        >death is when it gets there
                        again, false
                        >death is real
                        wrong, there is no such thing as death
                        >you can verify this by realizing there are things you don’t remember from your past
                        hilariously wrong, and not even remotely a valid logical conclusion, making this statement makes it clear you don’t understand how reason works
                        to reiterate, "the past" is just a concept that arises inside the present, which is the only thing that’s real
                        it’s not something that led up to this moment like a computation, but something that drifts off from the present like the wake from a ship, or an echo

Anonymous

You make decisions from your past all the time, you clearly remember how to use a computer and do math, are those functions of the present and only the present? How about driving? You talk as if the past holds you back, you use the word "cling" like it’s some kind of parasite. The past is a step-stool to eternity, the past is accumulated knowledge, not a fish hook in your back. saying I’m spouting dualist nonsense and denying what i’m saying doesn’t make you right. "false wrong, false" fine. What is life to you then? How would you define it?

Literally forgetting faster than you are remembering would be something more akin to brain death, alzheimer’s, or rabies, things that destroy your brain. If you can’t even remember that you are you then… are you really you? are you your experiences?

Anonymous

>You make decisions from your past all the time
                        wrong
                        only fools believe this
                        fact is that you always make decisions in the present moment
                        in fact, the very notion of making decisions from your past is an oxymoron, it’s self-contradictory and has zero basis in reality
                        >You talk as if the past holds you back, you use the word "cling" like it’s some kind of parasite.
                        yes, clinging to the notion of "the past" literally "holds you back", that’s precisely what it does
                        it has nothing to do with any parasite, what an incredibly misplaced description on your part
                        >The past is a step-stool to eternity, the past is accumulated knowledge, not a fish hook in your back.
                        this is the fundamental mistake you and others who cling to the past make, thinking that the past somehow leads up to the present
                        that’s false
                        everything is happening right now, always has, always will
                        >saying I’m spouting dualist nonsense and denying what i’m saying doesn’t make you right
                        what an incredibly vapid straw man, as if I’m saying that I’m right because I’m "denying" what you are saying
                        what I’m doing is pointing out that you are completely wrong and explaining in great detail why that is, and what’s right
                        again, it’s dualist nonsense to think that death is necessary for life, just as moronic as thinking darkness is necessary for light
                        there is just life, there is no death, there is no contrast or duality there
                        >What is life to you then? How would you define it?
                        life is all there is, it’s what exists, call it by myriad names if you will, reality, experience, existence, being, the present, the universe, consciousness, mind, but no matter what you call it, it is what is
                        ultimately you cannot capture what it is in a definition, any more than you can truly explain to someone what the Moon is by giving them a bunch of words, you can only point to the experiential truth of reality

Anonymous

…and the decisions you make in the present moment are made available to you from the ones you made in your past. You’re here talking to me because at some point before now you made the decision to acquire some form of technology that enabled you to connect to the internet you didn’t make that choice just now, at absolute minimum it began when you started commenting on this thread. I’m sorry, but that doesn’t sound like a straw man to me, what does, however, is calling people things like "fool" and "moronic" and attacking their character to distort their credibility is a straw man. You telling me a point is oxymoronic is irrelevant when that’s what we’re debating. Every time you say something like "That’s hilariously wrong" and "that holds no basis in reality" you aren’t adding anything to the discussion. You’re just adding sugar to the argument and that meaningless fluff has no factual impact on what you say.

So lastly then, Why bother arguing what "it" is if you can’t define it? You say I can’t use words to show someone the moon, but I disagree. I can use words to invent math, math to create machines, and machines to create computers. I can then use computers to render a scale depiction of the moon which can model accurately what the moon is to someone who has never seen it before. Why? Because words are one of the building blocks of the past that we stand on. If YOU can’t put it to words that’s YOUR fault, not mine, and if you really believed that then you wouldn’t be here trying to tell me I’m wrong because you can’t seriously expect me to just take your word for it, right? You’re better than that, surely.

Anonymous

>Doesn’t know what a metaphor is
                        sis you look like a cringy autist when you ask for “proof” for something that isn’t ta tangible by nature. Greek philosophers already had this discussion thousands of years ago and came to the conclusion that one would be a fool to 100% belive there is nothing (no god) or that there one (afterlife) but can only speculate through reason. Instead of asking for proof like a 13y autist for something thats can not be scientifically tested (like dark matter) use reason to cone to a conclusion. Other anon you where arguing is obviously smarter than you, not fooling anyone but yourself

Anonymous

many Greek philosophers correctly understood that there was no such thing as death, and explained it to others
                        that’s not a belief, but a fact of reality, it has nothing to do with speculation
                        reason is not an instrument of speculation at all, reason is an instrument of ascertaining metaphysical truth
                        asking for proof is just fine, you can easily prove metaphysical truths through reason, it’s in fact the only way to do so, science only deals with empiricism
                        you can in fact never arrive at a single metaphysical fact through science

Anonymous

>the decisions you make in the present moment are made available to you from the ones you made in your past
                        wrong, literally the diametric opposite of the truth
                        the present is not a result of the past, the present is all there is, the past is just an echo of the present in the present
                        >is a straw man
                        that’s not at all what a straw man is
                        you should not use terms you don’t understand
                        >Why bother arguing what "it" is if you can’t define it?
                        I’m not arguing anything, I’m explaining the facts to someone who clearly is misguided
                        also, you’re the one who asked what life is
                        it’s obviously not possible to define life, because all definitions themselves take place in life
                        like I said, no matter how many words you use, you can’t make someone realize what something is without showing them what those words refer to in reality, and life refers to the totality of being, so no matter how much you try to define it, you can understand what it is other than through experiencing is
                        most people understand what the terms life, the present, what is, being, existence, experience, consciousness, mind, all refer to
                        >You say I can’t use words to show someone the moon, but I disagree.
                        "disagreeing" with the truth just makes you wrong
                        >I can use words to invent math, math to create machines, and machines to create computers
                        completely wrong
                        mathematics is a description of what is already there, which is the fractal mathematical structure known as reality, mathematics is not "invented", but utilized to achieve what you desire in the present
                        >I can then use computers to render a scale depiction of the moon which can model accurately what the moon is to someone who has never seen it before
                        that would still not be the Moon, not even at scale, because it would still be out of context relative to the real Moon
                        there is no way around this, no matter how hard you try
                        >the past that we stand on
                        again, there’s no such thing as "the past", only the present exists

Anonymous

>No buddhist
                        Than don’t argument with it to give your train of thought a bit more weight.
                        Well at this point everything I’ll say, and I assume the same goes for you, will be redundant. We both made our point and neither seems to take it but hey, there is probably more we theoretically agree on than what we are currently argueing about at least that’s nice and refreshing.

Anonymous

He clearly said that we change clothes/body and can live as different "people" , I misunderstood nothing. He can frame it many ways but in the end it’s all empty rhetoric for people who hate life. He even admitted than each new person being born is proof of his belief. A simple case of devaluing other human beings under the guise of spiritual freedom. Every religion/ideology goes in different ways about it but in reality the theories are non-sensical and don’t matter ultimately. It’s a complex form of baiting people into submitting to the rulers and it’s written in an abstract manner to serve as the rhetoric it is. Event the idea of eternal return is a stupid worldplay to convince a human being that life is ever repeating and not unique to each person.

Anonymous

if i create a world where there is nothing but this infinite plane and a rock, the rock will never move an inch no matter how long you wait because a rock has no dynamic way to act. This world is the world where you acted the way you did at the moment you were alive, if this world resets you to this you without prior knowledge enabling you to act differently you will repeat the exact same actions, atom for atom, that led you here.

At that point you’re effectively rewinding the vcr take and playing it, over and over again, for eternity. Nothing changes because you are a static, you’ll just be a 4D rock.

Anonymous

And yet I haven’t noticed a mind with any capacity to prove that it existed any time previous. Prove reincarnation exists to a wider audience, quit hiding behind "esoteric" excuses, shatter the illusion of reality already, i’m fuckin bored.

Anonymous

If it’s just a set of clothes how can you be sure it isn’t worn by another the next time around?
                  And since they get better every time there are experiences you can only gain from the more flawed versions which in turn can lead to an improvement to yourself.
                  And sorry, nobody who ever typed out the words diametric opposite of truth was close to anything and I just joined that club to just point it out. There is nothing to be ashamed about the younger parts of this "one life" because since we don’t die they just make us older.

Anonymous

>If it’s just a set of clothes how can you be sure it isn’t worn by another the next time around?
                    there’s no such thing as "the next time around" in the way you implicitly assume here
                    that being said, other people can absolutely wear bodies which are similar, or even almost exactly the same, as ones you are wearing or have worn in the past
                    this is known as "doppelgängers"
                    >And since they get better every time there are experiences you can only gain from the more flawed versions which in turn can lead to an improvement to yourself.
                    yes, no one said anything else
                    everything is spiraling fractally upwards in perpetuity
                    excelsior!
                    >And sorry, nobody who ever typed out the words diametric opposite of truth was close to anything and I just joined that club to just point it out.
                    wrong
                    I just did, and what I’m saying is verifiably true
                    when you know what’s true, you also know what diametrically opposed to the truth

Anonymous

except that’s about as wrong as you can possibly be
        there’s no such thing as death, so no one ever dies
        see:

Anonymous

Everybody dies but death only exists for the living. A dead person can’t experience death so itself can only live. At least that’s my gist I take from that old pic that other anon posted. In theory both beliefs are kinda irrelevant. If there’s nothing there’s nothing to worry about. If death doesn’t exist fearing it is a delusion. But the problem with the void solution in my experience is that it also creates a void in your life. Ppl pretend that since they believe there’s nothing it’s enough to Go "yolo" and cherish their lifes but in reality most following it just start to transform their lifes into nothing as preperation.

Anonymous

>Everybody dies
            wrong
            like I just said, there is no such thing as death
            no one dies
            that’s not a belief, it’s an incontrovertible metaphysical fact of reality
            >If death doesn’t exist fearing it is a delusion.
            correct
            and death does indeed not exist, so the fear of death is the most irrational belief ever, bar none
            it is from this fear that all other fears flow
            >most following it just start to transform their lifes into nothing as preperation.
            correct, because they are acting out of the irrational belief in death

Anonymous

Maybe I should be more specific " everybody dies for someone else" meaning that we can only experience death through others.

Anonymous

and again, that’s wrong
                no one dies, not through themselves, nor for anyone
                what you see are bodies ceasing to function, that’s no different from someone taking off their clothes

Anonymous

how so

Anonymous

>As a person sheds worn-out garments and wears new ones, likewise, at the time of death, the soul casts off its worn-out body and enters a new one.

Anonymous

Reincarnation is just the spiritual version of this.

Anonymous

kek

Anonymous

I loled.

Anonymous

>gets aborted

Anonymous

>oh no, those clothes I ordered got lost in the mail

Anonymous

Yes and for those remaining that ceasing of function has meaning because something got taken from their lifes. Death exists for you no matter if you convince yourself that it’s just a shedding of clothes and as someone who saw quite a few people die in my profession I believe that you shouldn’t see it as simple as shedding clothes and think this kind of thinking is exclusive to those who were either sheltered or disassociated from the experience. If you die, you die for others and this has consequences. Even if it’s just the guy who has to scrape up your innards or simply noticing something has changed.

Anonymous

>but in reality most following it just start to transform their lifes into nothing as preperation.
            Man this hit me hard. I’ve had some serious yet so far due to corona not quite confirmed, treated health issues and this has been me.
            I don’t understand how people knowing that our end is a fact can go on and do stuff. I don’t get it… Probably it’s because for most people it’s a "distant future" kind of thing.
            That was a great way you described this though.

Anonymous

>I don’t understand how people knowing that our end is a fact can go on and do stuff
              the entire point is that that "knowing" is a false belief, because there’s no such thing as "our end", there’s no such thing as death
              that anon correctly identifies that people who hold this false belief act completely irrationally due to that, but erroneously claimed that the same is true for those who understand that life is all there is, whereas in reality the diametric opposite is true, people who understand that live life to the fullest at all times

Anonymous

>in reality the diametric opposite is true
                You mean, "there is no end" by this too, right?
                How would that be any more rational?
                There was a definitive beginning to you once before, at birth, at your first cognition no?
                What makes thinking of a definite end any more unreasonable?

Anonymous

>There was a definitive beginning to you once before, at birth, at your first cognition no?
                  wrong
                  there’s no beginning or end to "you", what you’re talking about is a body, but a body is no different to "you" than a set of clothes
                  fact is that anything "you" can experience, including your body (and anything else that is "yours" rather than "you"), is not "you"
                  >As a person sheds worn-out garments and wears new ones, likewise, at the time of death, the soul casts off its worn-out body and enters a new one.

Anonymous

>that is "yours" rather than "you"
                    This resonated with me more than I expected. Something I can link to personal experience.
                    Makes sense now, thank you for taking the time.

Anonymous

>Of the transient there is no endurance, and of the eternal there is no cessation. This has verily been observed by the seers of the truth, after studying the nature of both.

Anonymous

Why do you post a Taoist teacher when quoted directly from a Hindu text?

Anonymous

first of all, that is Guru Rinpoche, also known as Padmasambhava, a Tibetan master, not a Taoist teacher
                        secondly, all those traditions teach the same thing, which is the truth
                        >Truth is one, sages call it by various names.

Anonymous

Excuse me – you are correct, I confused Tibetan Buddhism with Taoism.
                        But that makes it worse as Buddhism and the philosophy of the Gita are not compatible.

Anonymous

>Buddhism and the philosophy of the Gita are not compatible
                        completely wrong, and a common misconception, even among millions of people who call themselves Buddhists today
                        fact is that Gautama was absolutely just teaching the exact same truth taught by the Vedas and Upanishads, but condensed into a message more easy to comprehend
                        only later did various sects and cults try to set themselves apart by claiming that Buddhism was different and incompatible, but that was never the case at all
                        one of the most fatal misconceptions in this regard was a deliberate misunderstanding of what Gautama meant by "anatta", with many modern Buddhist sectarians and cultists clinging to the notion that it means "there is no self", whereas in reality it was always used as an adjective meaning "not-self", in order to point to the aggregates, which are all not the self, so that the obviousness of the actual self, the Buddha-nature, would shine forth, so in essence it was actually woke af on precisely the same apophatic way of understanding the truth as the Vedic "net neti", "not this, not that"

Anonymous

So yes, if you twist Buddhism to have an eternal self, or twist Vedism to have no eternal self you can make them appear to be the same.

Anonymous

read the post again, I addressed that very misconception in great detail

Anonymous

No, you asserted a few things and twisted incompatible concepts so they appear the same.
                        Have fun with it.
                        I give you another thousand lifetimes to untangle yourself.

Anonymous

no, I pointed out how they were originally the same teaching, so it’s not so much that the teachings were "compatible", but that they were literally the same
                        again:
                        >Truth is one, sages call it by various names.
                        it’s rather modern "Buddhist" (in name only) sectarians and cultists who have twisted the teachings in order to try to separate themselves out and be special
                        I really explained all of that in great detail, so you should really read the post again until you understand

Anonymous

If you’re not going to have fun with your misconception, it’s going to take you two thousand lifetimes.

Anonymous

>your misconception
                        you’re the one who is clinging to a misconception, I am explaining the origin of that misconception

Anonymous

Imagine wanting to exist more in this putrid hell world. I wish death was the end of my existence so I never have to suffer here ever again.

Anonymous

The universe is vast and if there are I finite universes you might just spawn onto a planet as a species that isn’t freaking scrotebrained like us humans. Or maybe you’ll get something even worse

Anonymous

Not my problem

Anonymous

t. reptilian

Anonymous

I wish that were true.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

You die, time passes, the universe collapses and explodes again, your life just restarts

Anonymous
          Anonymous

I want to believe the universe is cyclical. Or at least if it can happen it can happen again. I have a theory on universes, matter and gravity that might tie everything together. Not sure how valid it is since i’m no astrophysicist.

Anonymous

>I have a theory on universes, matter and gravity that might tie everything together. Not sure how valid it is since i’m no astrophysicist.
            I too have a theory on how cancer can be cured by injecting cum in the dead cells, not sure how valid it is since I’m not a doctor

Anonymous

Well, I’d anyone should know, it’s you.

Anonymous

What’s the guarantee that life starts exactly the same as last time?

Anonymous

He hurt them

Anonymous

nothing truly ends

Anonymous
          Anonymous

respect

Anonymous

If I have to be reincarnated can I choose to be in a different world or do I have to come back here?

Anonymous

Anything is better than working and sacrificing for whatever the fuck this is.

Anonymous

Where is that?

Anonymous

The end of the world.

Anonymous

Death is the end of your body, always there with no middle to abandon. With a birth, it’s identical… the beginning of where won’t choose woke af in other-worldly means.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/AQFR5Az.gif

I’m electronic light waves in a gene suit I can’t die.

Anonymous

congrats m8!

Anonymous

>or is it the final act
      Death is when the curtains close and everyone leaves.

Anonymous

It’s an indeterminate event horizon.

Anonymous

Death no longer scares me after my cat died. Life sucks without her, i’m so full of regrets and i miss her so much, in a way i feel dead, like i just don’t care about anything now at all, it feels like the centet of my world vanished, and i just feel so lost. after she died my brain kept giving me like flashbacks to a decade ago before i met her, like my mind was trying to understand what has happened and realized we are all alone again now, my cat was kinda like my gf, spent a lot of time together, slept in bed etc, i was her only caretaker etc. i hope if her soul exists still, that she misses me, because i really miss her and think about her constantly. i try to act as if her soul does still exist and can sense my love so i sorta pray to her all day. i’d be pretty bummed if death is just ceasing to exist, for her sake. she was so important to me, yet now i am supposed to just live decades more without her? i honestly never knew what heart break was till she died. it’s very powerful, nothing compares. i thought i was suffering before she died, as the family had already lost all grandparents and previous beloved pets. but still, i loved her more, so it was much worse than everything else combined.

sorry i can’t add anything smart to this thread. i just miss my friend

Anonymous

This is my dog. Hope he cheers u up like he cheers me up

Anonymous

that was a very sincere,heartfelt post,I think that was a great contribution
        I hope you two see each other again

Anonymous

Death is probably the end, but pascal’s wagermaxxing / buddhistmaxxing is worth the investment on a cosmic timescale, regardless

Mr. Glasses

Life is plethora of things, I believe the spirit can harmonize with people thus giving them multiple lives, for me, I think I teleported back in time to earth and just was like, "everything is True", and we lives in a pantheon of living gods for life and death. and so we are inheritors of a celestial kingdom for our good deeds. Or we can rock out with nature which is baller as fuck.

Anonymous

This world is bizarre, clearly revolves around our souls and consciousness. Don’t get too attached to your body and this life. You’re here to grow and learn complex moral conundrums and experience deprivation. Adversity builds character. Learn what you are and concern yourself with prioritizing your duties here on Earth and growing yourself spiritually.

Anonymous

We all gonna die

Anonymous

it’s a continuation. you’re literally here forever.

Anonymous

it is the greatest gift.

Robotron

If you think life is a singular occurrence then you are unironically blind towards your own surroundings.

Anonymous

It’s impossible to know, and therefore not worth thinking about. Embrace the cube.

Anonymous

consciousness is emergent and not a property in and of itself. as long as the universe is hospitable to life as we know or, or perhaps even as we don’t know it, then death will never be the ‘end’
      as far as the end of your immediate experience and sense of self? that probably ends. do you experience something beyond your dissociated alter once its body fails to support life? hard to say for sure.
      we don’t ‘remember’ anything about our experience (if it existed) before birth because we didn’t have the hardware to store memories, we didn’t have a body or brain to use as storage space. does that mean there was no ‘raw’ or primordial experience that defied memory or reference to a human body? it’s probably the same force that caused life to begin in the first place

Anonymous

Both

Anonymous

is birth just a new beginning or is it the final act forever?

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id