Is an alternate reality where fictional characters exist plausible?

Home Forums Science & tech Is an alternate reality where fictional characters exist plausible?

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

Give it to me straight, is an alternate reality where fictional characters exist and live together plausible?

Anonymous

Unlimited universes and dimensions exist so it’s plausible. I bet the stacks of universes are shaped like this

Anonymous

Extremely densly packed and constantly expanding but a closed loop that probably inverts at some point

Anonymous

Or maybe it’s layers like a gobstopper that all look like that and expand like stretched taffy.

Anonymous

>somewhere, my coomer fantasies are reality.
        Oh fuck

Anonymous

Each Universe is a ball.
        Each ball is a distance away from all the others.
        There are multiple dimensions right there in each ball.

Anonymous

my headcanon is that if traveling to other "realities" is possible, on purpose or otherwise, then its far far far easier to travel to one where things are only slightly different which might account for fun mandela effect type things.
        And for a reality that is drastically different it would require far far more effort.
        For example, if quantum immortality is a thing, you get hit by a bus tomorrow and are -sent- to a reality in which the bus didnt hit you and little else is changed except small things. Or at least you’d go to that particular reality way way way before you got to the one that is real life masters of the universe or thundercats or voltron.

however should be obvious but this is without any sort of actual knowledge.

Anonymous

Unlimited universes is taken a bit too literally. For it to be truly infinite would require it to accommodate self-erasure, but we are all still here. For instance, if there were unlimited possibilities across infinite universes, there would have to be at least one where a machine was created that could destroy all other universes. There would also have to exist a possible universe where a multiverse didn’t exist at all.

There have to be rules in place for the multiverse theory to exist without catastrophic results. Any deviations could still have far reaching results, but not, for instance, break the laws of physics by digesting the literary work of one universe and manifesting it in the reality of another. I feel it’s safe to say Garfield getting buttbonked by the entire cast of Friends probably doesn’t fit within that rule set.

Anonymous

Your proposed ruleset is genocidal.

Anonymous

Whatever the fuck that means

And it’s not my rule set. It’s the universe’s rule set. The universe didn’t make anyone commit genocide, though. We did that on our own

Anonymous

>there would have to be at least one where a machine was created that could destroy all other universes
          only if the probability of that scenario is non 0
          if the possibility of destroying the multiverse entirety of the multiverse is absolute 0 your that logic would not be applicable

Anonymous

You literally just described a rule set

Anonymous

Your ruleset is genocidal.

Anonymous

>For instance, if there were unlimited possibilities across infinite universes, there would have to be at least one where a machine was created that could destroy all other universes.
          It’s fractal. For every parallel multiverse with a “multiverse destroyer machine” there’s a greater multiverse permutation that is and isn’t destroyed. This then occurs in infinite scaled upward fractals as well. Technically this infinite scale of fractals occurs for every possible position for every smallest subatomic unit of matter or energy.

Anonymous

Not sustainable, even in theory. Sorry.

Anonymous

No, it’s one of those immovable force things. In one universe, a machine destroys every other universe. In other universes, it doesn’t. Universes can’t interact; being a self-contained island reality is what makes it a universe.

I didn’t actually read any of the rest of these posts, so if that’s already been discussed or isn’t relevant, well, there you go.

Anonymous

It’s irrelevant because it’s wrong. You ignored the part you were wrong about, and now you’re bitching why, exactly?

Anonymous

I never said I was that guy. Calm your neovagina. You can’t destroy one universe from another because then they’re not two universes any more than America and Canada are two universes. Your doomsday scenario only works if universes aren’t universes. But the people in that universe could genuinely believe that the machine destroyed the other resources. It could be factually true within that universe: if, from that universe, you searched for other universes, you wouldn’t find any. But in the other universes things are just fine because, in that universe, it wasn’t destroyed by a machine. Multiple universes means that multiple sets of contradictory facts can be true simultaneously.

Anonymous

I see. Next time say your full argument or I’ll kill every version of you in all universes you’d otherwise survive in.

What that does is suggest that the edge of a given destroyer-universe isn’t actually a phenomenological barrier. Universes that don’t destroy other universes can still see them, and destruction is purely a blindness inducing phenomena. Since your logic requires top-down selection for us to distinguish between any two worlds, it’s not actually a public space, but a prison. Moral depravity from such scales would be antithetical to your everything.

Anonymous

That’s cool and all but universes aren’t moral entities. They’re just places and series of events. Stuff happens. Different things happen in different places. Some places more good things happen than bad. Other places more bad happens than good. I don’t care what kind of selection you have to do to tell universes apart because you can’t detect other universes. Nothing can leave or enter a universe, so no information can pass between them to let you know they’re there. Unless you’re an omniscient being, but then you wouldn’t be on LULZ.

Anonymous

No, that’s the one place anyone would be most likely to believe me. Your logic is flawed in ways you can’t define.

Anonymous

math says yes
      common reason says no

mathematically, every possible configuration of every possible imagined world exists
      makes me wonder about the chaotic world depicted in memes

Anonymous

>mathematically, every possible configuration of every possible imagined world exists
        I don’t see that at all. Can you explain more?

Mr. Glasses

I think in axiomatic models, you can introduce extensible topologies in sets that are injective and still able to be rigorous.

Anonymous

y-you too

Anonymous

Memes define the variations in the worlds. Memes are more powerful than just internet jokes, memes are the most important tool to reach the masses and will revolutionize human life as we know it as we learn to use them throughout this century.

Anonymous

Indirect crowdsourcing is still failure to develop upload level tech.

Anonymous

What does this meme?

Anonymous

Any god that would allow such a dimension to exist is not worthy of worship & is ultimately evil.

Anonymous

Yeah but just merge with your soul from the good dimension then it will guide you out of hell.

Anonymous

Bold of you to assume I haven’t sold my soul yet.

Anonymous

Is that why Cwc considers himself a CPU godess ?

Anonymous

if you kept up with the current events, you’d have known that now he believes himself to be Christ reincarnated

Anonymous

To be fair we don’t know if Chris doesn’t think he’s both yet, he hasn’t confirmed, but he still seems to have included the Neptunia shit on the cross he drew on the letter to Null.

Anonymous

No god is worthy of worship because the expectation of worship is narcissistic. Narcissism is a human trait. The divine are supposed to transcend human trivialities, meanwhile we’re supposed to believe they’re up there throwing their controllers at the TV because people aren’t going to church or two guys got married

Anonymous

Go home, Heinlein, you’re drunk.

Anonymous

The true scientific answer: yes but only if you can figure out what natural brain input looks like and simulate it with a computer apparatus. Which is beyond current studies capabilities.

Anonymous

If there’s infinite universes then there would literally be a sonic and mario mpreg crossover dimension

Anonymous
        Anonymous

Not necessarily. There are infinite numbers between 0 and 1, none of them is 38. There are infinite even numbers, but none of them are odd. An infinite set need not contain everything… an infinite number if them do not.

Anonymous

There’s a hole-shaped virtual number around 1/38 that’s basically a perfect clone of Maria. The programming is eerily similar.

Anonymous

Actually wouldn’t there be many, many Sonic and Mario Mpreg crossover dimensions that are all very slightly different from the next?

Anonymous

Three days of darkness during which reality will dimensionally merge with the fifth parralel and our thoughts will create reality forever on, as a formless and physically evolved advanced species should.

Anonymous

Ok, I’ll give it to you straight:
      No.

Scalar depravity

There is no logic whatsoever to argue it wouldn’t.

Anonymous

>Give it to me straight, is an alternate reality where fictional characters exist and live together plausible?
      That is where you are now!
      Over 2 billion "people" on Earth aren’t real.
      They are generated with technology by the illuminati– NPC’s in real life (except that this life isn’t really real).
      They are right here, when you are here, and when there is no real person around the NPC just ceases to exist, but when a real person is around, the NPC is generated again.
      A lot of the worst examples of "people" don’t exist. They are like a computer program on a Star Trek holodeck.

Anonymous

You’re an npc

Anonymous

i’m a /co/ schizo, so i say yes.
      btw i also believe sonichu is an egregore that chose chris as his communicator to the physical realm. lucky chris. sonichu picked him!
      there are other people like that. they’re rare, but i bet their cases are the same.
      also i believe the astral plane is kinda petty and down to earth and on the same level as any bum doing something autistic. cuz it’s full of sonichus and mary sues and tropes and staples and yeah.

Anonymous

I am just now noticing the Korra mirror…… Terrifying

Anonymous

I guess this is a good enough thread to ask about this. How legit are the "Reality Shifting" meditations the Twitter zoomers are into? Is it just lucid dreaming?

Anonymous

Does the medium of expression act as contrary to the intended manifestation?

Anonymous

I don’t know, I was hoping discussion about it might answer that.

Anonymous

Would I be asking if it weren’t an issue?

Anonymous

So it’s not just lucid dreaming, and if the intention of shifting to a different reality is in place, then that is what’s happening?

Anonymous

Would you be asking if it were already happening?

Anonymous

There is something like a hyperdimensional supercomputer that can simulate the alternate reality of a fictional universe, but from what I saw the charactors were no more real than a media file on your computer, though I’d imagine if you put a lot into the hyperdimension then the creator would imbue more of itself into your creation as a means of interacting with your consciousness. So basically the charactors themselves would be meta narratives controlled by a hyperspace omniconsciousness.

Anonymous

Oh boy…
      >Be fiction brought into reality
      >Be into pls kill me mode from the beginning
      >Get imbued with everything anybody ever added to that fiction
      >Start growing like a tumor into unspeakable horrors
      And now you know how lovecraftian gods get born

Anonymous

no

Anonymous

There exists a reality where I am Batman.

Anonymous

As plausible as this reality and you existing in first place.

Anonymous

given an infinite multiverse, all universes and scenarios with a probability different from 0 exist and there’s an infinite amount of then
      this also mean that you or your conscience for all purposes isekaing there is a inescapable certainty

Anonymous

Technically yes. But depending on how convoluted your headcanon is, you won’t be able to find it.

But you might be able to create it.

Anonymous

Yes. Earth is a fictional place in billions of other worlds. You’re exactly as fictional as Harry Potter or Spiderman.

Anonymous

both science (string theory) and philosophy (eternal return) agree that yes

Anonymous

SEGA = SAGE

Anonymous

Why do you think humans create fiction? Our "worship" of them allows them to exist and their demiurges can siphon power off of them, and thus off of us.

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.