>imagine that people are just meatrobots without qualia >social anxiety vanishes

Home Forums General & off-topic >imagine that people are just meatrobots without qualia >social anxiety vanishes

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

>imagine that people are just meatrobots without qualia
      >social anxiety completely vanishes
      I’m a bit angry that it took me 25 years to figure that out. Regardless of what the actual truth is, the belief above is practically true anyway but I still have to force myself into this mindset all day long and it doesn’t always work. How do I make this my base mindset?

Anonymous

>worthless meatrobot makes a thread asking me to lift a finger for it

Anonymous

But you replied.

Anonymous

>imagine that people are just meatrobots without qualia
      >can mercilessly beat them, tuck them in my car and rape them for days and torture them without remorse
      damn bros it took long but now I get it, awesome!

Anonymous

>>can mercilessly beat them, tuck them in my car and rape them for days and torture them without remorse
        Yes and I certainly can see how this is a concern for some people about this point of view but oddly enough the opposite happened. I work a lot with people and before I started forcing this mindset I was projecting alot of my own internalized ideas of them onto them(which obviously aren’t very accurate most of the time) but now I can pick up subtle (or not so subtle) signals and react accordingly on the fly. It’s like my conscious mind is like "whatever dude, I’m out for now" and some of my social instincts are taking over and they usually handle those situations more than well. It’s true that killing and raping people FEELS more like an option than ever before but I really don’t want to do that. It sounds a bit contrary to what I’ve just written but rationalization plays a bigger part now and since there’s police and similar it’s not even a good option(even if I wanted that). I’m not even sure if the meat robot thing is crucial to this. I think it just lets me sidestep most of my irrational beliefs and fear and allows me to take things more at face value. Anyway, how do I internalize this so it becomes a more natural part of me?

Anonymous

>I work a lot with people and before I started forcing this mindset I was projecting alot of my own internalized ideas of them onto them
          sis youre actually seeing the truth somehow
          >I’m not even sure if the meat robot thing is crucial to this. I think it just lets me sidestep most of my irrational beliefs and fear and allows me to take things more at face value.
          self aware autism development in progress
          >Anyway, how do I internalize this so it becomes a more natural part of me?
          You really need CBT/counseling because you really are on the cusp of beating mental illness but it really has a grip on you.

Thinking of people as meatbots is actually your conscious self programming or forcing the sub conscious to adopt a different ruleset for the circumstances. But obviously you can see all of this, and you see how absurd it is that you have to do this in order for your brain to actually think straight. The crazy thing is that… its actually gonna go much further than meatbots and you’ve probably actually been doing this for a long time. Therapy is really good at helping people in your situation figure out the whole puzzle, with the ultimate goal of not needing irrational social tools running in the background. CBT stands for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy afterall.

Anonymous

Daily reminder that psychology is a cynical consoomerism-oriented pseudoscience.

Anonymous

>CBT stands for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy afterall.
            It’s actually cock and ball torture

Anonymous

except that you can’t, exactly because you are a meatrobot without qualia.

Anonymous

OP learned the power of dehumanization

Anonymous

i realized this when i was in my early teens but it didn’t helped me with anxiety

Anonymous

Meditation – paying careful attention to your subjective experience can help.
      Eg what is your experience of time? Right now i see colors and have thoughts about the past and tomorrow. But i dont experience time, the past or the future. Even the concept of "present" is a label for the colors, sound, etc.

Anonymous

ayo girls are basically guys but without dicks lmao

Anonymous

>Regardless of what the actual truth is, the belief above is practically true anyway
      you are one pathetic 25-year-old.

Anonymous

Why are you seething? He’s not wrong.

Anonymous

So you think everybody except for you is basically an NPC?

Anonymous

trick is the realization that you are also a meatrobot without qualia. It is all just a trick your brain plays on itself because it is evolutionary advantageous.

We are all NPCs.

Anonymous

All I can take out of your post is that you admit to being a nonhuman automaton, and therefore you have no valid input on this subject.

Anonymous

why would I want to waste my time around a bunch of apes?

Anonymous

For me, I like to think that every single being in this world is my sis. I noticed that my social anxiety was partly because I, myself, was judgemental of people and people just felt too different. I thought that no-one could understand me, no-one has gone through as hard hardships as I have, that’s not true. In the end, we are all quite similar, we are more of the same than we are different and most people can emphasize to your situation no matter what it is. When I stopped judging other people, that’s when I stopped experiencing crippling social anxiety. The other part was that I was afraid of both success and failure, I found away around that, I simply never care about the outcome. All that matters is that you give your best, no-one can hold it against you if you fail, you did all you could and everyone fails.

Anonymous

This is something I have trouble doing as well but I know it will be good for me.

Every time I give people the benefit of doubt, I’ve been disappointed by their choices.

Most people are unable to see more than 1 step ahead of them.
      Just assume trust does not exist and everyone is a real NPC without emotions like an insect.
      Their smiles and greetings are hardwired programming.

Anonymous

if you have social anxiety it means you dont lift weights
      you are afraid of eveything and have no self confidence
      you have nothing worthy going on your life and want others people approval

i could say more but this should suffice

Anonymous

Woke af. OP should get freaking ripped. Next time someone makes you socially anxious, just kill them with your bare hands to remind yourself and others who has power over whom.

Anonymous

Picture them as a wireframe stick man made of carbon atoms.

Anonymous

[…]

Am I not the main char of my life?

Anonymous

Could there be a more damned fate than to be the protagonist? To choose where a story goes. Being an extra is where it is at. You don’t get cast into important parts and you maintain flexibility. Extras can be anywhere. That main guy is type cast fifty different ways for whoever is buying. Enjoy it and pray that you are never called up.

Anonymous

Yes. You could be the antagonist.

Anonymous

Doubt it. No matter what you do, be it a serial rapist, a genocidal dictator or an in-law parent: All of the most horrifying people think they either do the right thing or at least no wrong. So at least from ones own perspective it’s impossible, maybe on a societal scale.

Anonymous

what you believe will manifest into your reality

Anonymous

POOP

Anonymous

The fact that you are a physical, material, microscopic clockwork being doesn’t make your experience any less worthwhile.

There is no difference between this and some bullshit immaterial soul complex, the the real non-popsych pseud whatever, consequence is that it means that your own experience can be meddled with by others.
      Not only indirectly like it is all the time by society, but also physically and directly by things like drugs, surgery or interfaces.

To have a metaphysical (IE nonsense) understanding is to be naive to this; ‘my immortal soul is immune to outside interference’ when in reality you soul is very mortal and the process of mapping and manipulating it is very lucrative.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.