I’m muslim. Convince me trinity makes sense.

Home Forums General & Off-topic I’m muslim. Convince me trinity makes sense.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

I’m muslim. Convince me trinity makes sense.

Anonymous

most schools of islamic theology consider every single thing in the universe to emanate from Allah so why are two emanations of god harder to accept?

Anonymous

If God exists, the Trinity is what I’d think would be a closer understanding of his nature than unitarianism. I mean, why the hell would we expect a being such as God to be bound my human laws of ontology? It would be like meeting aliens and expect them to have human morality and human ethics.

Anonymous

do you think God is all powerful?

if yes, then do you think he can do things we don’t comprehend?

if yes, then he can be three persons in one being even if it doesn’t make sense to us.

you’re welcome.

Anonymous

Pretty damn good answer.

Anonymous

How about you stop worshiping binocular shade glasses and actually feel the injustice of what they stole from PC gaming. You worship liberal devices, and others use you to claim we are no one. You will be sodomically raped in Heaven by demons in front of God and everyone will ignore you because you ignored us.

I know what it is that demons do online in the dark, we forgave them for it but now we may be getting to a point where people will be condemned in the past if you do not act now. Indeed, now that we actually do something to stop sin you do nothing, when we were doing nothing because Jesus asked us to forgive. So that means I do not know you, Jesus does not know you, and if Jesus doesn’t know you, then neither does the Father know you, neither do you have God.

Anonymous

He’s all powerful and all knowing, omnipresent. So he either gives aids to babies and guides the way to brutal rapes and genocide to happen, or he sees it all happen and willfully stays out of it. Also, if all Christians die out or become converted to another religion, will God still exist? Like the Greek, Roman or Egyptian gods, do those still exist today? What makes God any more real then them besides Christianity being more present for now in the world?

Anonymous

I will ask a related but different question:

If the Trinity is so important, important enough for quite a few Christians to consider to be salvation issue, then why is it so vaguely described? If it’s so important, why not just explicitly say "God the Father, God The Son, and God the Holy Spirit are one, equal in power and equal in divinity." ?

If the issue is so important, why is it that it none of the salvation statements in the NT explicitly teach it? Like why not in Acts 31:16, does it not say " And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ who is God in the flesh, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." Or in 1st Corinthians 15, why not say "3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ (who was God in the flesh) died for our sins according to the scriptures;"

If this issue is as important as Christians make it out to be, why does it have to basically be stitched together from verses throughout the entire NT? If I was an NT author and I believed that the Trinity was of such vital importance, why not actually include a 1 John 5:7? Why leave such an important doctrine, one that many Christians to be foundational to the faith, to be only vaguely described at it in the text?

Anonymous

Because it doesn’t actually exist in text. Jesus isn’t god, that’s a politically charged interpretation to change the whole message so it can fit a narrative. And the bible is heavily manipulated to begin with. They used a garbage religion so goatfuckers created to seize power. If you’re an intelligent cunt you can turn shit into gold as long as it sounds like a promising investment.

Anonymous

No retard, your salvation doesn’t hinge on you having the right "knowledge" or the right "understanding" of the Trinity, the idea that you gain your salvation through knowledge is Gnosticism. Your salvation hinges on faith, not knowledge.

Anonymous

Revelation happens in a progression in the bible. First Adam, then Noah, then Abraham, then Moses, then Jesus. And Jesus can be found all the way back in Genesis if you look for him. Who do you think was walking in the garden with Adam? What spirit was hovering over the waters during creation?(Holy spirit)

It’s important because it’s foundational to the importance of the New Testament. God coming into flesh to take all the sins of mankind and redeem us. Also Jesus DOES explicitly make it known. He tells people the father and I are one, if you’ve seen me you’ve seen the father, before Abraham was I AM(A reference to the statement of God in the burning bush, identifying with him). Not to mention he tells his followers that he will send the spirit of truth to guide them. And to baptise people in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

It’s literally all there.

Anonymous

Good summary anon. What are some examples of that, I’ve heard the God walking in the garden with Adam one. Is the angel of the Lord that appears a few times connected in anyway?

Anonymous

>1 John 5:7
        You just answered your own question

Anonymous

We believe in one God, (Exodus 20.2-3, Mark 12.29-31) God the Father, the Pantocrator, (Ephesians 4.6, Malachi 2.10, Genesis 35.11) Creator of heaven and earth, (Genesis 1.1, Isaiah 44:24) and of all things seen and unseen (Colossians 1:16, Romans 1:20).
        We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, (2 Corinthians 1:3, I Thessalonians 1:1, Romans 13:14) the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages; (John 3:16, Hebrews 1:6, Matthew 14:33, Revelation 1:8) Light of Light, true God of true God; begotten, not created, (John 1:1, I John 1:5, John 8:12, John 20:28, I John 5:20, Psalms 2:7, Hebrews 1:5, John 14:9) of one essence with the Father; (John 10:30, Isaiah 44:6, Revelation 1:8, Philippians 2:6, John 10:38, Colossians 2:9) by whom all things were made (John 1:1-3,10,14 , I Corinthians 8:6, Colossians 1:15-17).
        Who, for us men and for our salvation, came down from heaven, was incarnate of the Holy Spirit and of the Virgin Mary, and became man. (I Thessalonians 5:9, Acts 4:12, II Timothy 3:15, John 6:51, John 6:38, Matthew 1:18, Luke 1:27,35, Philippians 2:6,7 , Romans 1:3) He was crucified for us under Pontius Pilate, (Acts 2:36, Matthew 27:2,26, Mark 15:15) suffered and was buried; and the third day He rose from the dead, according to the Scriptures. (Matthew 16:21, Mark 15:46, Luke 24:5-7, I Corinthians 15:3-4) Ascended into the heavens; He sits at the right hand of His Father, (John 20:17, I Timothy 3:16, I Peter 3:21,22, Acts 1:9, Mark 16:19) and He is coming again in His glory to judge the living and the dead; whose kingdom shall have no end. (Acts 1:10,11, Revelation 1:7, John 5:22, Acts 10:42, Luke 1:33)
        Yes, we believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the Giver of Life; (John 14:17, II Corinthians 3:17, Acts 5:3,4, John 3:5, Titus 3:5) who proceeds from the Father, who with the Father and the Son together is worshipped and glorified; who spoke by the prophets (John 15:26, Luke 11:13, Matthew 28:19, II Peter 1:21).

Anonymous

And in one holy universal and apostolic Church (John 17:20-23, Ephesians 4:1-6, Colossians 1:18, Hebrews 12:23, Revelation 21:27, Philippians 4:3, Matthew 18:20, Philemon 1:2, Romans 16:5, I Timothy 3:15, Ephesians 2:20, Acts 2:42) We confess one baptism for the remission of sins. (Matthew 28:18,19, Ephesians 4:5, Galatians 3:27, Matthew 26:28, Luke 24;47, Acts 2:38, I Peter 3:21, Romans 6:3,4) We look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the age to come. Amen (1 Corinthians 15:12 , 1 Corinthians 15:21,22, John 3:16, 1 Corinthians 2:9, -Romans 11:36)

Anonymous

The best analogy I’ve heard is that there’s a family, the Johnson family. There are three in the family, the Son, Father, and Mother. They are each 100% Johnson and equally Johnson, but they are also three separate people. Doesn’t mean there are three Johnson families.

Anonymous

but the Mother was not eternally Johnson, she was adopted into the Johnson family she when legally married. This is a dangerous heretical version of the trinity you’re about to describe.

Anonymous

the mother and father are siblings

Anonymous

the Holy Trinity is supposed to be something incomprehensible to humans and the many attempts at interpreting the trinity is a heresy. When you think about it, it makes sense: God’s power is so great, you cant ever put in words.
      Judaism and Islam both go for the easy interpretation of what God is; hes God in the same way other religions views gods in literature and its cartoonish when you think about it. Christianity is the high IQ interpretation.

pic shills against the Trinity, but to me it does the opposite effect.

Anonymous

The trinity is not required at all for Christianity btw.

Anonymous

Sort of is. If you dont believe Jesus is God, then you arnt really a Christian.

Anonymous

>“Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.” Deuteronomy 6:4.

>Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. John 17:3

Jesus is the son of God, is there scripture that says Jesus is God?

Anonymous

>is there scripture that says Jesus is God?
            Yes
            John 8:48-59
            John 20:28
            Matthew 3:3
            Matthew 21:13
            Matthew 12:8
            Mark 1:24
            Matthew 8:28–34
            Matthew 9 (only God can forgive sins)
            Matthew 28:9-18
            Matthew 10:32–33
            Matthew 12:31–32
            Matthew 22:41–45
            And many more
            https://answersingenesis.org/jesus/jesus-is-god/divinity-jesus-revealed-new-testament/

Anonymous

don’t listen to people or cults or isms. read the bible, you will know He’s Jesus because you will recognize Him.

Anonymous

let’s look at the table of contents
      God from the beginning keeps telling the garden gnomes (from whom the prophets come) how He will PERSONALLY deliver His sheep like a shepard, and the unbelieving garden gnomes will pierce His hands and feet, and they will RECOGNIZE their offense when HE (God) RETURNS to His place (meaning He left it) and seek Him early with and earnest and contrite heart, 200 something prophecies throughout the psalms etc. which Jesus literally quotes AS He’s hanging and being tormented on the cross (read psalm 22 for instance)
      and God LITERALLY ends the bible with
      >if anybody adds anything to this book I will add unto him the plagues that are written of in this book
      >if anybody removes anything from this book, I will remove his name from the book of life

fast forward 600 years
      some ILLITERATE, MARAUDING, PEDOPHILE PIECE OF CRAP goes
      >ACKHSHUALLY Jesus was never crucified, so…
      and in trying to retcon his bullcrap he makes you
      >observe a specific phase of the moon while he forces you to fast for a month
      >put the crescent moon on everything
      >declares you to be accursed and hellbound if you won’t put the detestable worship of a cube in your life, a pagan practice which predates his pisslam
      >lets you off hook IF you’re lying to, thieving from, and murdering non muslims in flagrant disregard of mosaic law (but thus saith the marauding pedo so it’s fine right? i guess the holy God purposed His earth to be in the possession of lying thieving murderers then)
      >charges you the best part of the plundered booty and you have to pay him if you wanna talk to him and your wife gets him hot you have to divorce her for him to have her or memellah will be furious with you

HOW STUPID MUST YOU BE TO HAVE FALLEN FOR THIS?
      SERIOUS INQUIRY, WERE YOU BORN INTO THIS EVIL WORLD 10 MINUTES AGO THAT YOU FELL FOR THIS SCHEME?
      HAS NO ONE EVER LIED TO YOU, ARE YOU NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE CONCEPT OF DECEPTION?

Anonymous

You are what you eat. An egg eats sperm and the sperm eats the egg, and it gives birth to a new creature. Man was made in the image of God and in that image God made them man and woman.

Kirby ate a pansexual and then Team Fortress 2 might be gay also since they seem to Pander to the wrong crowd. Not even to the PC gaming crowd anymore. They seem to be all about pandas in China. There is also an unholy trinity, the ungodly trinity of Satan.

Anonymous

Shut up retard, no one cares about your gay game

Anonymous

Wrong. Jesus said not to place the mark of the beast on your right hand or forehead. Disregarding PC gaming for phone gaming, consoles, and Virtual Reality is the darkness of the antichrist. And you stole it by as Ephesians 4 says, by laying in the darkness in wait, in craftiness, and in cunning, and sleight ness of men, and in deception. As God said, you will die as smoke up a chimney in a whirlwind. Like those HellWraiths in Alice.

Anonymous

have you ever met a garden gnome who was not an atheist? Have you ever met a Muslim who talked with Allah? its all cope Christianity is the only true relationship with God there is.

Anonymous

The trinity is made-up pagan garbage just like your magic stone.

Anonymous

We feel sorry for your souls. There is a place in hell for proud trinity deniers.

Anonymous

Ephesians 4:9-14 kjv 9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth? 10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.) 11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

Source: https://bible.knowing-jesus.com/Ephesians/4/type/kjv

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

Anonymous

I don’t understand how they could. it’s a theological question that you really can only come to if you accept the authority of the NT.

Anonymous

There is “trinity, the theology” and then there is “trinity, the word”. Words can detach from theology and become common language and knowledge. Such words like computer, internet, program, and videogames are all scientific, engineering, and technology, but can detach and become part of the arts, humanities, and religion or culture. Like rapture, or straight marriage between one woman and one man.

Anonymous

A four leaf clover is still a good example, or analogy, but further analogy is required. For example, the Father is the Head of God, as it says Jesus will be put under God, so that God is all in all, and one, after death is defeated. But the Father said Jesus, the Son must go first and accomplish this the hard way. That means as a people we must stay close to Jesus and figure out how to actually resurrect the dead ourselves, and we must believe this will happen only in Christian nations. And by Jesus alone, as since if anyone else accomplishes it then Jesus didn’t really do it now did he. So the Son is not the head of God but nevertheless he is who comes first before we meet the Father because of our sins. We prefer him and we also prefer the side of the Father that loves freedom most above slavery. So that will never change.

Anonymous

In a slave nation, there is no light, only darkness. They live day to day not to innovate nor do they know death and sin as much as a free people do. So their knowledge wanes, it doesn’t wax. A nation of freedom’s knowledge waxes more, because of the sin. So a free people get stronger and tougher than a slave nation. Slave nations also breed dragons. Like Nazi Germany did, or just look at Sumo Wrestlers, and Martial Arts in China. Look at the crazy things Eastern monks do to their kids to train them to be experts. So science will be brighter in a Christian nation of God. If not then there just is no God and God should have scrapped planet earth and scientists should have set off nuclear bombs tactically positioned to hurl the planet into the sun already. Many science fiction shows have already surmised this as well, very intelligent white men have already come to this conclusion. It is pretty much the most important thing in the entire universe. It’s either Satan or God who wins, and We believe it is God the victor in Christ Jesus.

Anonymous

A slave nation sounds to me like the kinds of people who only make 2d games for phones and consoles and VR. Like anime girls and furry platformers. Games about doing the same things over and over again in levels, and speed runs. About designing huge lifeless projects no one can actually accomplish on their own.

A free nation is about designing PC games that actually innovate something new, make technology go forward even if your computer can’t handle it, but you still want to do it anyway. It doesn’t matter if the Chinese masses can’t do it. It doesn’t matter if the poor can’t keep up with you. Resurrecting the dead and immortality are important to come quickly.
              >Revelation 22 last verse 20 He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
              >21 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.

Anonymous

What is a slave nation that abandons all relationship with free nations and free believers in the God of freedom, Jesus Christ?

Anonymous
      Anonymous
        Anonymous

We pronounce the Lord in English, as the Lord. I don’t need to go learn Hebrews to understand what the Lord means. The Lord means God, or Master, or King. The ancient peoples knew what Jehovah means like we know what Lord means in English. If I wanted to go become a Hebrew then I would move to a Hebrew speaking country and to an internet board.

Anonymous

The divine name, represented by the four Hebrew consonants יהוה, appears nearly 7,000 times in the Hebrew Scriptures.

That name is by far the most frequently occurring name in the Bible.

While the inspired writers refer to God by many titles and descriptive terms, such as “Almighty,” “Most High,” and “Lord,” the Tetragrammaton is the only personal name they use to identify God.

Jehovah God himself directed Bible writers to use his name. For example, he inspired the prophet Joel to write: “Everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” (Joel 2:32) And God caused one psalmist to write: “May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.” (Psalm 83:18)

In fact, the divine name appears some 700 times in the book of Psalms alone—a book of poetic writings that were to be sung and recited by God’s people.

God directed that his name be included in his Word some 7,000 times. Obviously, he wants us to know and use his name.

Anonymous

Which became JESUS. Not Jehovah. Which is why it is The Lord in English. You are’t special.

Anonymous

יהוה is Jehovah

Jesus is ישוע or Ιησούς

Anonymous

When America is gone, you will continue in your sins, but we’ll be completely different and translated to the new kingdom. Just FYI.

Anonymous

why do you think that ?

Anonymous

>is altering things from the Bible, writing their own religion
                >asks why this

When America is gone, you will continue in your sins, but we’ll be completely different and translated to the new kingdom. Just FYI.

will happen

Anonymous

>>is altering things from the Bible, writing their own religion

can you name one example so I can refute it please ?

that’s the part where you google "verses altered by jws" and then I prove you wrong

Anonymous

Your site, but you are like Mormons, which have another book that goes with the Bible, which is also attempting to deviate from the KJV English.

Anonymous

>Your site

what about it ?

> which is also attempting to deviate from the KJV English.

the KJV has many problems so is unreliable

Anonymous

> which have another book that goes with the Bible

which is it ?

Anonymous

Why would we know? You are the garden gnome/jw using the jw webpage for everything. I have at least 6 different Bible sites I get King James Version and other verses from. 99% of everyone I know uses Blue Letter Bible app on their phones. I have never even used that one, so I am not even close to how bad they are.

Anonymous

> You are the garden gnome/jw using the jw webpage for everything

because the bible verses are in it and well explained

Anonymous

No, I have encountered your blasphemy from that site many times. Especially against the trinity.

Anonymous

the trinity isn’t in the bible though

Anonymous

>the rapture isn’t in the Bible though
                        I’ve heard this one before from angels of death.

Anonymous

I said trinity, not rapture

the trinity says that Jesus, God and the holy spirit are the same

They aren’t

“Jehovah our God is one Jehovah.”—Deuteronomy 6:4.

“You, whose name is Jehovah, you alone are the Most High over all the earth.”—Psalm 83:18.

“This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ.”—John 17:3.

“God is only one.”—Galatians 3:20.

The trinity doesn’t originate with the Bible but with 4th century teachings from Greek philosophers.

When Constantine became sole ruler of the Roman Empire, professed Christians were divided over the relationship between God and Christ. Was Jesus God? Or was he created by God? To settle the matter, Constantine summoned church leaders to Nicaea, not because he sought religious truth, but because he did not want religion to divide his empire.

Anonymous

It’s the same argument and that is why we use it.

The trinity says there are three that are one, you are using theology to say what that means, which I don’t have to partake in. Go away. You are in Christ’s territory with your shit.

Anonymous

>The trinity says there are three that are one

I know what the trinity says, but what does the BIBLE say ?

“My Father is greater than I [Jesus].”—John 14:28.

“I [Jesus] ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and your God.”—John 20:17.

“To us there is but one God, the Father.”—1 Corinthians 8:6.

“Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”—1 Peter 1:3.

“These things saith the Amen [Jesus], . . . the beginning of the creation of God.”—Revelation 3:14.

Anonymous

No, you didn’t ask what the Bible says, you said Constantine and Roman Empire this and philosophers that.

This is my only warning.

The trinity is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. And the o lot way to God is through Jesus Christ’s blood.

Anonymous

>No, you didn’t ask what the Bible says

I did, I quoted from it

>you said Constantine and Roman Empire this and philosophers that.

yeah, they’re the inventors of the trinity, which you defend

>The trinity is God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit

I know what the trinity says, but what does the BIBLE say ?

By referring to God’s spirit as his “hands,” “fingers,” or “breath,” the Bible shows that the holy spirit is not a person. (Exodus 15:8, 10) A craftsman’s hands cannot function independent of his mind and body; likewise, God’s holy spirit operates only as he directs it. (Luke 11:13) The Bible also compares God’s spirit to water and associates it with such things as faith and knowledge. These comparisons all point to the impersonal nature of the holy spirit.—Isaiah 44:3; Acts 6:5; 2 Corinthians 6:6.

Anonymous

No, they didn’t invent the word triple unity. Just like Latin wasn’t invented by and therefore can only be used by Italian Catholics who worship Rome. People can go to Wikipedia and see Latin names for plants and animals. Even if it doesn’t enter the common speech of the people. Some words do become common though.

Anonymous

I’m not saying they invented the word, I’m saying they invented the concept.

note what the Encyclopædia Britannica states: “Neither the word Trinity nor the explicit doctrine appears in the New Testament . . . The doctrine developed gradually over several centuries and through many controversies.”

“The impression could arise that the Trinitarian dogma is in the last analysis a late 4th-century invention. In a sense, this is true . . . The formulation ‘one God in three Persons’ was not solidly established, certainly not fully assimilated into Christian life and its profession of faith, prior to the end of the 4th century.”—New Catholic Encyclopedia (1967), Volume 14, page 299.

“The Council of Nicaea met on May 20, 325 [C.E.]. Constantine himself presided, actively guiding the discussions, and personally proposed . . . the crucial formula expressing the relation of Christ to God in the creed issued by the council, ‘of one substance with the Father.’ . . . Overawed by the emperor, the bishops, with two exceptions only, signed the creed, many of them much against their inclination.”—Encyclopædia Britannica (1970), Volume 6, page 386.

You don’t understand the Bible on its own. You need jw to tell you what it means.

I’m pretty sure I can read english, and what I read in the Bible is that the trinity isn’t in it

Anonymous

Words words words
                        You will never take back trinity. Indeed all words belong to God. This is Jesus Christ’s territory. Get out bitch.

Anonymous

>You will never take back trinity

how can I take back something that isn’t here in the first place ?

Anonymous

You don’t understand the Bible on its own. You need jw to tell you what it means.

Anonymous

Which is like Sith in Star Wars. They took over the Jedi Council and the World Government.

Jesus said you won’t get very far into the future. Technology has a limit to how far God allowed Satan to reign before he could devour all flesh with the sin of machine death.

Anonymous

>I’m muslim.
      No, you are not, Shlomo.
      You inbred coward.
      > Convince me trinity makes sense.
      Don’t you already have an athiest shill thread.

[…]

Anonymous

I believe it because it’s stupid

Anonymous
        Anonymous

what verse says that ?

Anonymous

Why are you having doubts in your faith, muslim brother?

Anonymous

Because I watched this video and it opened my eyes

Anonymous

from what I understand, Jesus was a part of god ala eve from Adam sent to earth to create a semblence of balance in people, telling them what they should and shouldnt do. Basically interfering with humans without them directly SEEING him because yknow holy divinity brightness of the sun all that. Jesus is a seperate entity from god with (supposedly) his divinity, but obviously not the full omnipotence and power of god in heaven because he’s from the "rib" of god in a way

I have no idea what the holy spirit is, Im gnomish

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.