I want to become a wizard. What books should I read?

Home Forums General & off-topic I want to become a wizard. What books should I read?

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/drOMlm9.gif

I want to become a wizard. What books should I read?

Anonymous

Don’t do it, unless you want to be plagued by demons for the foreseeable future

Anonymous

Don’t listen to this weakling

Anonymous

No one becomes a wizard by reading books. Meditate until you can read what the universe wrote.

How do you find your power without challenges? Mastery over demons requires demons. I was tortured by them for some months and now they are afraid of me.

Anonymous

Banish, for crying out loud.

Anonymous

New age wicca and golden dawn fantasy. You hijack a gnomish prayer and draw shapes in the air and demons are supposed to scatter from you? Pure scrotery.

Anonymous

Banishing is just using other black magic (most likely from another demon) to scare demons away. It’s an endless cycle of being bonked with by demons. You’re protected by demons from other demons, none of the "magic" actually comes from you in that scenario. Let the fuckers larp like they’re powerful, when they’re just attached to strings like Kermit the frog. Even the whole abrahamic god schtick reeks of idol worshiping and esoteric rituals. It’s a lose, lose situation. Embrace the duality and try not to get caught up in too many extreme aspects of good and evil.

Anonymous

freaking kek, sis. A "thwarting demon"? If you’re gonna use the technique of pitting one spirit against another, at least pick a god or an angel. Your larps need to make sense even if they are larps.

Anonymous

>93
                >larp and woowoo

Anonymous

>plagued by demons

Nibba you realize you’re supposed to plague them? Where do you think we get our “magic” from? LULZ is trying to fug a succ, when the real wizards are turning the body into a soul prism to trap a succ to harness its collection of vril to transmutate into bio energy to revive their physical form. Or if you’re really hardcore wizard, you create a harem of succs and pimp them out to collect that delicious Vril and maybe some loosh to boot.

Anonymous

Fpbp. Just get off LULZ and stay the fuck away from it. Live a normal life!

Anonymous

FEAR NO EVIL! ONLY FEAR NEVER PUTTING UP A FIGHT! TO BATTLE!

Anonymous

esoteric and occult ones but it needs more then just reading books

Anonymous

Just continue not getting laid for a decade or 2. You’re almost set.

Anonymous

Real wizards get more pussy than you’ve ever even fantasized about.

Anonymous

Satisfying the flesh is a lesser enjoyment. Mixing your energies with a thot is hardly pleasing.

Anonymous

Don’t knock it until you’ve tried it.

Anonymous

Intelligent man’s guide to science
      Catholic Bible
      Gnostic Handbook

Also the greatest magic is life, don’t fuck yours up by signing a contract you can’t pay for. I’m still lost in purgatory and I’m convinced I killed myself in 2012. Yes I’m schizophrenic and I’m glad to be healing with the help of medicine.

Anonymous

??????

Anonymous

checked, are you surprised that a demon would be gnomish?

Anonymous

Maybe Lemegeton or Ars Goetia, although i just read the intro but supposedly you can learn summon demonic entities

Anonymous

Practice critical thinking and read Buddhist meditation journals. Once you have enough skill and data, you’ll automatically learn how to wizard.

Anonymous

For a wizard mind is a simple tool

Anonymous

LULZ is a LARP board. You’re not supposed to actually tell them – it ruins the ‘fun’.

Anonymous

study prayers and mantras, say muslim prayers christian prayers and say hindu matras, use them daily, congrats you’re now a beginner level white magician

Anonymous

Any positive mantras and prayers from good sources are welcome. No Crowley shit though or anything inherently self oriented.

habib

learning something that you do before dinner/important events is important. I like the Muslim Fatiha. It’s simple, profound, beautiful, and fast enough that nobody has ever complained about me holding up a situation.

Anonymous

You already lost.

Anonymous

So You Want to Be a Wizard by Diane Duane

Anonymous

Unironically this, but also it’s cursed.

Anonymous

How do you know when a freaking demon fears you and how do you know what you are if you dont know what they are

Anonymous

First, you must figure out which Earth you are on:

https://www.812.news

Anonymous

Why should I tell you?
      also, I kinda think a wizard is born not made.

habib

This will get some eye rolls, but here are some authors and books that opened my eyes wide. Some aren’t even slightly esoteric, but once you know how to read with deeper sight you might understand.

Daniel Quinn
      herman hesse
      don miguel ruiz
      robert johnson
      the alchemist

then there’s more directly magical reading. I found coming around the long way was the wisest and easiest way, rather than bruteforcing it like I had been since I was a kid lmao

Anonymous

So this is how you became a wizard?

habib

no lmao reading is a VERY supplementary and shallow way to learn.

Think about it- how much from high school do you explicitly remember reading? how much do you remember feeling (embarrassment, surprise, joy, anger, etc)? probably more? how many events, dances, social things did you attend that you remember?

The things that stick are the experiential things. Reading someone else’s 2nd (or more)-hand experience of life tells VERY little. It takes learning, the difference between knowledge and wizdom.

It won’t really teach you much to read, but it gives the language to speak through experiences, then when you come back to it with a deeper understanding (fleshed out by living successes and failures every day) you will access the deeper reading that DOES transmit some info.

I keep saying this, if you want to REALLY learn magic and quickly, go to a local free-form dance event. Seriously. No joke.

Anonymous

You have a bad habit of circling all around a question and not answering it.
            1. Are you even a wizard?
            2. Was that reading list how you became a wizard?

habib

I felt I had answered it completely, but I will retell it.

I consider myself one, yes. In experience, a baby-wizard. In raw ability, I think I am up there. In skill and discipline, somewhere between. Discipline and willpower are muscles that need to be strengthened (and relaxed, like spending hours on a screen tonight talking to you and others).

No, that reading list helped provide language that I didn’t have. Life was what made a wizard out of me. Think of these books as the childhood steps towards language learning- I needed to know how to explain my experiences in the language of magic, before I was able to identify and live out magical scenarios and then eventually how to create them.

I am genuinely trying to explain. Does this make sense to you? If not, I can explain another way.

Anonymous

No, you make no freaking sense whatsoever. How many fingers am I holding up, Mr. Wizard? And I’m asking because as far as I’m concerned you’re cocksucking larpscrote like all the other cocksucking larpscrotes on here. Talk is cheap when you’re just sperging online and the other rando isn’t physically in your face to call you out on your bullshit.

Anonymous
                    Anonymous

>i call anyone who calls me out on my larp a hylic, NPC or glowscrote
                    I don’t owe it to anyone to play along with the gay scrotebrained RPG they’re playing their head

habib

I mean, let’s exchange emails and eventually facebooks and stuff. I don’t share this stuff with everyone (family for example), but I also don’t hide it. It’s not like I am telling you I can disappear a building. I am telling you I know how to make life work the way I decide. It’s wisdom and presence- the ability to improv, seeded with the theme of what I want. It’s pretty simple.

Again, I am not trying to do anything than genuinely explain, even if you’re mad I am not seeking argument. Is there anything you’d like to know about me? I won’t divulge everything, but plenty enough.

Anonymous

>I mean, let’s exchange emails and eventually facebooks and stuff
                    No, thanks. You’re just another one of these pretenders trying to pass off occult self-help as magic or wizardry. I’m not interested in your Deeoak Chopra crap.

habib

I have never listened/read anything from him, but I recognize the name from a lot of yoga-practicers around me.
                      Okay, I am not here to convince you of anything you’re not already inclined towards. I am not your teacher (let’s both be thankful for that hahaha). If I am a pretender to you, that’s fine. However, I believe you would still benefit from the books I recommended. Just learning how these people speak will help, I fully believe- if you were speaking and reading latin and were surrounded by those who do, I would probably recommend latin-woke af-esotericism. It’s not a ‘new language’ that is important, but learning how to use the one that you already have (I assume english is your first language).

I’ve faith you will understand my position if and when you walk further along this path. Post a success story here if you do! I would love to potentially read that.

Anonymous

You’re not a wizard. Shut the fuck up. I’m done with cocksuckers who haven’t actually achieved anything yet come on here for a cheap larp.

habib

What evidence could I give you that you would possibly accept? did you set me up for failure, or would you have believed anything I said?

If, in my extremely personal and subjective reality, I am accomplishing everything I set out to, am extremely content with life, and feel the magic around me, do you think it matters to me whether you experience that in your reality? You are attempting to understand my reality, I am attemplting to help you. You can give up and claim I’m not something that I believe I am just because it doesn’t conform to you, or you can sit, listen, and absorb that my reality is absolutely as I am sharing it.

Would you like to hear a recent story for example? I have a simple one about a priceless vase I just shared a bit of in another thread. I could tell you about how many people meditate and see me/hear my name and reach out with anything from money to modern-spell-books. I have no reason to lie to you- I am not seeking (nor am I largely getting) validation from you or anyone here. I am doing this as a way to enjoy a slow evening after a very intense day, not because I care to LARP.

I like this board bc it has other people who get it. I know a few who do IRL, and this is a nice supplement. You don’t speak like someone who gets it, at least not yet, however I am still available (for a bit at least, it’s getting late now) to speak about my experience… regardless of whether you think it conforms to this 3rd party ‘objective’ reality you may subscribe to.

Anonymous

>I could tell you about how many people meditate and see me/hear my name and reach out with anything from money to modern-spell-books.
                        Kek what bullshit pyramid scheme is this now? You can keep talking if you want, but you’re a larper.

habib

It was totally unprompted… I live a very, very basic life (everything about how I live is essentially the same as those around me who live poorly, except for a nice hostel that I currently call home). I am not saying I am some deity or anything, but it is a fact that you’d agree upon as well were you with me, that people have (especially over the last year with increasing frequency) told me that their mind/soul/whatever drifts to me during moments of meditation, and they usually follow up with a gift of sorts. Just happened…. two or three days ago most recently.
                        I’m going to bed. If there’s anything you’d like to ask, rather than trying to get me to prescribe to your reality of me being a larper or crazy, now is your chance. I’m an open book.

Anonymous

>told me that their mind/soul/whatever drifts to me during moments of meditation, and they usually follow up with a gift of sorts
                        I’m sure this impresses some people on here. Not me. This is what you claim, and I’m not obliged to believe it. For all I know the reason you ask for randos’ emails is so you can initiate a ransomware attack on their devices, and that’s the real reason why they give you money and gifts. Try someone else, Sheikh Ye Booty.

habib

Final pearl, though blindly thrown, possibly to swine-

the thing that defines wizards, at least initially, is BELIEF. Skepticism is important, no doubt, but if you’re so skeptical that you won’t even accept your own experiences, or that you will immediately disregard other’s because they don’t match with your’s then that is a HUGE block to magic. If you don’t believe it, why would you ever be able to use it? It’s not the gross, material world kind of belief, it’s a subtle thing.

Anyways, if you don’t catch my drift, someone else may. If no one has, then this has been an opportunity to learn more about how I communicate in scenarios where people think I’m crazy or lying, in a very low-impact environment too. I’m content either way. Goodnight anon, if you do walk the path reach out sometime. I’ve given enough little snippets for someone who can read to find me, I’m certain.

Anonymous

I’m not swine, and this utterly vapid post-modern psychological bullshit you just tried to pass off as magic is freaking idiotic. Fuck you. Shut the fuck up. You’re like all the other larpers on here. I reiterate: fuck you.

Anonymous

I am another anon, quite new poster here on LULZ, i am actually courius about what you called "deep-reading". What does it practically mean? How do i deep-read a book? My target is not wizardry but just find out some more tools to deciphrate the reality, i can feel there is something more, and i am seriusly thinking to approach gnosticism for tge first time, so if you know some book that could help me, please, go on.

habib

I am glad you asked! So, there are many ways to read, same as there are many ways to listen.

Pretend you are talking to someone. Many conversation in my culture are basically two people chirping one line back and forth, trying to relate to the other person’s one line and have them see that they understand or they’ve similar thoughts or experiences. This kind of communication is pretty commonly very shallow, but it IS hearing and responding to the immediate thoughts. It IS workable conversation.

Now, deep-reading would be like allowing someone to speak at great length and depth, and paying attention not just to the words but also the body language, the emotions, the subtleties of what is being said. It’s putting their conversation into a context of the rest of that person’s life to better understand why they’re using certain words and phrases and how they personally relate to them to better understand what they’re REALLY trying to say.

If I say "nobody understands me" and you just hear "nobody understands me" you wouldn’t be deep-reading. If you heard me say that, and you knew my habit of keeping people at a distance or lying or avoiding intimacy, you’d know I’m saying "because of my trauma and patterns I have created a reality where I feel more comfortable shallowly and often falsely interacting with people, although I feel lonely I don’t know how to break this cycle"

It simply means being able to not just read the words of the book, but read the soul of the author. Some writers are very plain and easy, some are more difficult. Let me tell you, once this really clicked for me, basically everything says the same thing in the end. The deep-reading is useful though to understand magic, because in the end every book is just the author’s specific experience, it’s not the ONLY way.

Pretty cool concept. It’s talked about in the Quran and many other holy books, it’s relatively simple (for me), just a skill that developed over time.

Anonymous

You’re a good namescrote. Please post often. From my standpoint, it looks like a nicely verbalized method to train your intuition.

habib

I realized that in my life I could, easily, horde all the knowledge and skill I have innately and am learning, but knowing myself I wouldn’t be satisfied if those around me were just puppets to my own ends. I have had that, for years, and i just end up feeling like a misidentified king. I would rather those around me be as uplifted as me, to steal away my own power in that sense because it is diluted and common.
                        Thanks sis, I may post more often. I have a really soft spot for LULZ as one of the least domesticated hives in the world, while also maintaining a theme I have cared about since I was 12 on here (been 13 years on and off here!). I am not claiming to be an ancient wizard with an imp on my shoulder, but I do see and learn things that I’d like to share.

Yeah, it’s intuition in large part. Intuition, empathy, willpower, discipline, creativity, imagination, focus, and intention are the skills that wizardry demands. I was taught in my culture to not trust basically any of these, so I’m coming around from the backside here hahaha yes I would definitely say it is a way to train intuition, and more.

habib

Some people would say tact and secrecy are also important skills, but as you might gather they aren’t ones I particularly ever cared for.

I’m sure there are more qualities, I just woke up and those are the first ones that come to mind. By no means do I mean it to be solely definitive and comprehensive.

Something about wizards throughout time always struck me as far too selfish and shortsighted. I’d rather you all think I was crazy or lying, while being true to myself, than not contribute and share with you guys in the first place.

Anonymous

Sounds intetesting, thank you. I’ll try this path, but how this practice, perceiving the soul of the writer in his words, could "awake" the "magic side" (if i can use these words) of myself? Wht is the mechanism under this practice?

habib

Like I have been saying, this stuff isn’t exactly step one step two step three.

Here’s how this piece played in for me. I read the material before knowing anything about magic, but gained the vocabulary (synchronicity, archetype, etc….). Then I went without books and just experience for a while, seeing how the language played into the world. Then I took the deeper-reading of people and places and situations, and aimed it at literature. Once I could deeply read people and situations, I could deeply read just about any book. I bought a book called something like "How to formulate questions in preparation for empirical studies" or something like that…. even in that I have been able to dissect cultural and psychological viewpoints to understand the deeper pieces. It’s just a skill that’s broad-use, but it is hard for me to say there’s any one way to gain it other than aspiring for it.

Anonymous

I understand, thank you anon

heybabe

You’re welcome

habib

hahaha fuck off, day 3 back on LULZ and I got internal-rhyme posers…. I love it lmao

Anonymous

>herman hesse
        Good stuff.

habib

I love a lot of his stuff (though, of his magnum opus, I only read half before putting it down because I felt like it was literally detailing my life point for point and had reached a point where if I continued it would be in the future and I didn’t care to continue). I love his brand of mysticism, and reading DEEP into his books taught me a lot.
          Oh, OP, I would also add the Bible and the Quran once you have the skill of deep-reading. They are basically pointless reads until that point though, IMO.

Anonymous

My Awakening by Dr David Duke.

Excellent read. Explains why the world is being destroyed by a small group of evil people.

Anonymous

a book about Macondo

Anonymous

>>’now is your chance. I’m an open book.’

Anonymous

read these books:
      Liber Null & Psychonaut
      Chaos & Sorcery
      Visual Magick
      The Guide To Psychic Self Defense

brave new world

Anonymous

Oven Ready Chaos by Phil Hine

Anonymous

>>I want to become a wizard. What books should I read?

harry potter

Anonymous

this is the third time i see this thread

Anonymous

>I want to become a wizard. What books should I read?
      If abrahamic, the Bible. Genesis and revelations mainly.
      If dharmic, the Vedas. Rig and Atharva mainly.
      >Thanks me later

Anonymous

Buy bulk skincare supplements then dress like holy mountain but really you’re probably signaling some whoreish message. (Pharrell has slutty eyes and has a stalker net like Kanye. Both sluts.)

Anonymous

Do it OP, I have been running a demon farm in my basement for the past 3 years and so far so good. They’re well behaved and have been trained to expect immense pain when I shout Harry Potter spells.

Serenity

Hello.

When you are looking to become a wizard, check your heart, and do not stray towards harmful wizardry. Some wizards harm animals to turn them into humans, and it is not helpful to associate with them. Stay good-hearted, and use your magic for the benefit of the world.

Serenity

Anonymous

If you want to actually know what’s going on, read Plato and advance into Neoplatonism. That sort of cosmology will be incredibly valuable. For training your mind to deal with the esoteric, I’m a fan of Traditionalists. For personal development beyond normalcattle egoism, Nietzsche, Ouspensky, Alice Miller, and Jung are good; suffering and abstinence also helps, so consider challenges like being vegetarian, not masturbating, or working out for a whole month.

Once you’ve gotten this far, you’re ready to start taking magic seriously. First you want to understand correspondences and symbolism. I’m a fan of Boehme and Swedenborg for this. Familiarity with sacred sciences will help, so I’d recommend reading John Frawley’s Horary Astrology and Julius Evola’s The Hermetic Tradition. Now you can start looking into magical systems and grimoires. Start off simple. Stephan Skinner is the authority on this stuff and he helped with a book called Techniques of High Magic that’s good for beginners. From there, you’ll probably naturally flow into lemegeton or Golden Dawn systems. Joseph Peterson is also very reputable in the field, and I respect him. Jake Stratton-Kent has respect, but he’s a bit goofy looking and I haven’t read any of his books, so I can’t personally vouch for them.

Oh and don’t forget to play around with energy work. Being in touch with subtle energies will make the experience a lot more lively and it’ll help break you from your normie conditions.

Anonymous

To be honest all did was read things local girls didn’t liked.

Like comics and philosophy.

Anonymous

https://i.imgur.com/v56zYkK.gif

First you must get out of that jabroni outfit. Read Strength Training books by Frederic Delavier and learn how to shape that booty of yours into a powerhouse.
      Keep a dream journal until you are woke af enough that you remember your dreams 70% of the time.
      Declare your intent to self-purify and grow and cultivate yourself. Now lift those weights while being focused on the idea that you are growing yourself. Think of all the good or grey you can do (sometimes you gotta be a bad boi to do the right thing) while lifting. Face your demons and lose your fears in life one by one.
      You will meditate at night before sleep, but not by day like some onionsboy. You will learn to get into a meditative state while RUNNING AND DOING YOUR SQUATS. Doing pull ups requires you to grow your heart and your wings.
      That’s what wizards and magicians do; grow their spiritual wings and heart.
      STRIVE TO BE A BETTER SELF
      EXPRESS THE WISH
      THEN LET GO AND WORK AT IT LIKE YOU NEVER ASKED.

Anonymous

I would like to ask this question in this thread, not to derail it op, but because I like the wizard vibe anons are laying down here. Consider this a bump because I want to wizard too my fren op.
      My question is this. I am being forced to get the wuflu jab. I have an excellent immune system, and for the life of me I can’t figure out why Biden made this mandate.

Seriously frens, what will happen if I get the shot to keep my job? I have my career and seniority to consider. Along with my benefits etc. If it just effected me, I’m certain I would tell them to go eff themselves, but I have family that depends on me. It also seems that other employers within my field of work are following the example of my employer. And t b h, my employer doesn’t have any choice. Did Biden have choice. Idk frens, I’m just at the end of my rope and idk what to do.

habib

So, I think the jab itself isn’t a big deal. There are ways to detox (many, many ways evidently). The biggest issue is your willpower, and your power period, are being overruled by those above you and you are allowing to happen. Wizards don’t allow their willpower to be overtaken- you can CHOOSE to participate, gladly and in full conscience (and later detox nbd), but if you are COMPULSED, if they force you to dance this dance when your whole being (or even a significant part) doesn’t want it…. then you are losing your willpower battle against the machine and wizardry will likely be a far-cry for you due to that core incompatibility; weak (relatively) willpower.

Anonymous
      Anonymous

Mein Kampf

Anonymous
      habib

Also, in the case you or anyone else just needs one last push into the fruitful arena of wizardry….

I’ve realized today, far more effective than reading books has been the act of journaling Using it to rip out thoughts from your head that are causing pain, pin them to paper, forget them, and move on with new thoughts…. an absolute essential skill for me. I wake up from dreams now to journal, to stop dreams as they arise. It’s freaking cool.

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
startno id